PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
12-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. Friday was my old pal Gary's birthday. So today we met up for our tailgate. There was Mrs. Blowfish and me, Gary and three of our other good long time friends from the old neighborhood, Mr. Doggity, Eric and Jeff. We had little chocolate cupcakes and straight whiskey for Gary's BD toast. I've known all these guys for 40 years or more, and we know each others families. Anyway, I tell you this because, I just got a cardboard box from my sister about a week ago. My mom has been in the hospital down in Arkansas and my sister went down to be with her. My sister has been trying to clean out some of my dad's stuff, since he passed away a couple years ago. I got this box with bunch of my dad's stuff in it: Books I had bought him, his army medals, and a bunch of Chiefs stuff he had kept over the years. For some reason, he had a whole box full of Chiefs 35th anniversary pins. Like a dozen of them. So today, we toasted my Pops -he hated the Raiders more than I do- and I gave a pin to all my pals at the tail gate. I thought it would bring us good luck, and it did. Not to mention it was 40 degrees warmer today than it was for the Denver game. It makes it much more fun to watch football in KC in December when you're not dying of hypothermia. The National Anthem was sung by this huge Navy guy -who we should have started at right tackle- and he was awesome. Lenny Dawson was beating on the war drum right before kickoff. The crowd was really into it all day long. You could just feel that this was going to be a good day. But it didn't always look at that way.

9. When we got the opening kickoff, I said to Mr. Doggity: We need to get this offense moving. I should have been more specific. They got moving, all right...straight backwards. First play: 24 yard gain wiped out by an OPI on Wilson. Second play, holding on Fasano. Third down, screen to Kelce, can't get enough yards, punt. Both teams floundered for most of the first quarter, until an 80 yard punt return by DAT with about three minutes left in the quarter got the Chiefs an early lead. Actually the entire first half was pretty frustrating on offense. In the second quarter Alex misses DAT on a pass play down the side line wide open. Should have been a touchdown, but Alex couldn't hit him. Then on a bad low snap on the field goal attempt, the Brazilian midget kicks a quacker wide left from 44 yards. Next series, Bowe can't drag a foot to get a big pass play in bounds, Chiefs challenge and lose. This time the midget hits a 41 yarder, and the Chiefs have their first two possession lead since the Jets game. Then two minutes left in the half, KC tries to mount a two minute drive, makes it to the Raider 28 yard line. Then Linkenbach gets his second holding penalty to knock KC out of field goal range. Drive stalls, KC punts to Oakland with a minute left and all three of their time outs. They get enough of a drive to get SeaBass in range for a 53 yarder to end the half and give the Fade some hope. Chiefs had six penalties in the first half. No offensive TDs in the first half and a missed field goal. Still anybody's game.

8. Third Quarter is what broke the game open as the Chiefs scored three TD's in a five minute span. Charles got beat up pretty good in the first half, and you could see him limping off the field after a couple of series. It was good to get Knile Davis back into the general game plan. Davis only had eleven rushing yards on nine carries, but one of those carries was a TD, and the only pass he caught was a 70 yard TD. The guy is not only a thumper, but has 4.3 speed. The TD on the little dump pass to beat the blitz was a thing of beauty, and after he lost the linebacker I knew he was gone.

7. Kelce taketh away, and Kelce giveth. His fumble kept the Raiders in the game, briefly. Big kudos Alex Smith for tackling the guy who made the pick on the 15, and more kudos to the Chiefs D for keeping the Raiders out of the end zone -thanks to a dropped pass in the corner on third down. So, the Raiders settle for three, and make it a four point game. Then, of course, the bottom fell out, and except for a garbage TD with a minute left in the game, Chiefs D held the Raiders in check. Kelce made up for the fumble with a great after catch run to score. Even on that TD though, he's waving the ball around in one hand as he approached the end zone. WRAP THAT BALL UP until the play is over! He'll learn. He's still a pup.

6. Back to the Brazilian Midget: I'm a little worried about his reliability going down the stretch. He missed from 44 and 47 in his home stadium with very favorable weather conditions. Snap on the first miss was low and inside, snap on the second miss was high. Colquitt got them both spotted, and Santos just missed. First miss was ugly, the second one he just drew the ball right to left and it went wide. Pittsburgh is a notoriously hard place to kick. Their field sucks, and the wind is really bad there. So I hope he doesn't get the "yips" when we need him. It would be nice to have a big time big leg kicker like Seabass. That guy is just pure money.

5. I saw something I'd never seen before today. The network TV side line camera, where they run a little scooter with a lift and a camera guy at the top of the lift up and down the side line... you know what I'm talking about. Somehow, the scooter ran over the main video out cable, and cut it clean in half. This was in the third quarter. I haven't watched the game, so I don't know if they talked about that on TV or not. It was down for at least half of the third quarter before they got it fixed. The TV side line guys were scrambling around trying to get it back up and running. I also saw a very drunk fan literally puke on the head of the fan sitting in front of him down the aisle from me. But I've seen that before, especially at Raider games. Last year after the Raiders game I saw this really drunk chick beat the shit out of some guy wearing a Raiders shirt when he came out of the porta potty in the parking lot. I think he cut her off, so she beat his ass. It's always a lovely, festive scene when the Chiefs and Raiders hook up.

4. I haven't seen the official injury report, but Shawn Smith looked hurt pretty bad, like a groin on hamstring. He went down to the locker room with about six minutes left in the fourth quarter, and he could barely make it down the steps to the locker room tunnel. He was grimacing and looked to be in a great deal of pain. Charles got dinged up, so did Mauga and Houston. There's reason to be worried for all of those guys. I also think something very weird is going on with Donald Stephenson. He got in for a few plays, but most of the game, he was wearing a ball cap, and just wandering off by himself down at the end of the bench. Even when the team was on offense. He seems very detached from the team, and it seems to be mutual. I can't see him being back next year, which means, we're going to have to find yet another lineman next season. Remember when they said he'd be replacing Fat Albert? Sure doesn't look that way now.

3. Alex missed 300 yards passing again, barely. And no TD's to a wide out. He should have hit DAT for one. Bowe had a better day, but also had a couple drops as well. Wanted to mention something about Bowe. Yes, he's over paid. Yeah, he's kind of a dumb ass. I mean, he blew six million getting caught smoking dope and looking for Sonic in Riverside. But of all the players on the Chiefs sideline, he's the one that is the most engaged with the fans. He tries to get the fans on their feet and scream when the team is on defense. He gives away his gloves, his headbands, today he even gave away three or four footballs after the game was over. He seems to genuinely love the fans, and is almost always the last guy off the field, win or lose. I think he still just loves to play, and he's kind of a goof ball, but he's got a good heart. I just wish we'd get some point production from him, that's for sure.

2. Carr was forced to pass the ball 56 times today. and Oakland was held to less than 80 yards rushing. Chiefs had four sacks (that's a lot of Big Macs) but I'm still a little concerned about our big play guys lack of production. Tamba finally got a sack, first one in the last four games. Poe did nothing, one tackle, no sacks. He may have been fighting illness or injury, because he was out of the lineup a lot in the second half. Dee Ford shared a sack. He needs to develop some moves. Usually he runs outside of the tackle and just takes himself out of the play. They can run right where he vacates an area too. He's easy to account for, so he needs to stunt, or take an inside rush every now and then. On offense, KC was terrible on third down, just 3 for 13, Alex was only sacked once. Again this week penalties were very disturbing. Chiefs were actually worse on penalties than Oakland, and that's hard to do. 11 penalties for 84 yards. Time of possession was dead even: 30 minutes per team, exactly.

1. So, what do we learn from today, and where do we go from here? As great as this win was, and it was a very satisfying day at the Ball Yard, somehow I couldn't help but think over and over "How in the HELL did we manage to lose to this sorry sack of shit team out in Oakland? I think that loss is going to be the one ultimately that knocks us out of the playoffs. I don't like our chances in Pittsburgh. We've never played well there. Big Ben ain't Derek Carr. Pittsburgh has a big bruising serious feature running back in Bell built for December weather. And you know Todd "I May Have Waved" Haley would love nothing more than to knock us out of the playoffs - 'Chiefs Suck - Todd Haley' remember??? If we can manage to win a tough Pittsburgh roadie, then we'll have Phyllis and the Bolts waiting for us with more than likely a winner take all scenario. Stranger things have happened. I just wouldn't get too enthused after beating a two win team, especially when one of their wins were against us. But today, I'll take the win. It very well could be the last one we're able to enjoy this season.

In58men
12-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't consider it a "great" win.

bevischief
12-14-2014, 06:54 PM
In

TribalElder
12-14-2014, 07:00 PM
:clap:

DrRyan
12-14-2014, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't consider it a "great" win.

You wouldn't consider the Super Bowl a great win unless it was with a QB drafted by the chiefs in the first round, right?

In58men
12-14-2014, 07:05 PM
You wouldn't consider the Super Bowl a great win unless it was with a QB drafted by the chiefs in the first round, right?

You shouldn't put Chiefs and super bowl in the same sentence

Baby Lee
12-14-2014, 07:09 PM
You shouldn't put Chiefs and super bowl in the same sentence

You shouldn't dispense advice, like, ever.

SAUTO
12-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Houston was a fucking BEAST today, and I haven't even seen the second half yet

In58men
12-14-2014, 07:10 PM
You shouldn't dispense advice, like, ever.

Why? I was right about Alex Smith and Reid since day 1

InChiefsHeaven
12-14-2014, 07:15 PM
First, any win over the fucking Raydurs is a good win.

Having said that, today was my annual Arrowhead North garage tailgate party...and I couldn't believe how long this game was. Chiefs should have put these losers away long before halftime, but we needed the crazy 3rd quarter to get it done. Honestly, we won and convincingly, but it should have been by a lot more a lot earlier. Still no TD's by a wide receiver...jeeez...

Easy 6
12-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Bowe is a good egg, he definitely has his faults but I'm willing to put the majority of blame for his lack of production squarely at Smiths feet... when he gives Bowe more than 2-3 chances per game, the guy produces like he always has.

In58men
12-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Bowe is a good egg, he definitely has his faults but I'm willing to put the majority of blame for his lack of production squarely at Smiths feet... when he gives Bowe more than 2-3 chances per game, the guy produces like he always has.

He made pro bowl with Cassel

KCwolf
12-14-2014, 07:17 PM
George.... $$ as always....... Inmem58 ... I beg you to find another team to root for for.. Period.

Baby Lee
12-14-2014, 07:19 PM
He made pro bowl with The Golf Pro's boot in his ass

FYP

DaFace
12-14-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks George. I didn't get to watch the game today, so I always appreciate being able to hear about some of the aspects of the game that don't show up in a standard recap.

In58men
12-14-2014, 07:21 PM
George.... $$ as always....... Inmem58 ... I beg you to find another team to root for for.. Period.

You'll understand when Alex is gone. Until then enjoy your mediocre seasons.

tecumseh
12-14-2014, 07:23 PM
I like to hear that about Bowe. At least he's a high paid cheer leader.
I can't figure Kelce out. On this touchdown, he stretched out with his ball hand and nearly dropped it. He needs to settle down.
We are banged up. It seems JC is getting a concussion protocall every game.
I'm glad Knile is on the team.
A good kick returner is always fun. And valuble.
We wouldn't be the Chiefs without O line drama.
Nice to see Alex via Andy try to stretch the field.
Holding penalties against us? Guess the refs are grabbing a douche burger every time Halie rushes.
A Pittsburgh win is a tall order.

RobBlake
12-14-2014, 07:25 PM

oh, "alex and andy won't win a playoff game" or something stupid like that. You seem to forget that the chiefs were 2-14 pre reid and alex. Now they have a chance to upset some teams in the playoffs if they keep winning away. Winning culture doesn't happen overnight nor does roster improvements see the light in a span of two years. get real.

BullJunkandIron
12-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Your write ups are very informative and dead on. Thanks for your time in this matter.

In58men
12-14-2014, 07:29 PM
oh, "alex and andy won't win a playoff game" or something stupid like that. You seem to forget that the chiefs were 2-14 pre reid and alex. Now they have a chance to upset some teams in the playoffs if they keep winning away. Winning culture doesn't happen overnight nor does roster improvements see the light in a span of two years. get real.

They won't win a playoff game.

RobBlake
12-14-2014, 07:30 PM
They won't win a playoff game.

They can most def win a playoff game with charles in the game the whol game.

The wr corps sucks, but it is infinitely better than what they had vs colts.

alpha_omega
12-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks G.

Buzz
12-14-2014, 07:39 PM
You'll understand when Alex is gone. Until then enjoy your mediocre seasons.

Your shtick / trolling is old and dumb, try playing roulette with a loaded gun.

gblowfish
12-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Picture of the 35th Anniversary pin. This is from Mr. Doggity's Derrick Johnson jersey...

tecumseh
12-14-2014, 07:46 PM
BTW, thanks G. Truly appreciate your "man on the ground" takes. I'll try to make the trip in about five years when my youngest graduates college. Will Alex still be our QB? Andy still coaching?

Sandy Vagina
12-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Feels like forever since I was able to enjoy one of these... but I did. Thanks. :)

Direckshun
12-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Interesting perspective on Stephenson.

12-14-2014, 08:20 PM
today was a pretty damn good day for Alex. Too bad it was still pedestrian for a NFL QB.

Great read George. As always.

KCwolf
12-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Picture of the 35th Anniversary pin. This is from Mr. Doggity's Derrick Johnson jersey...

very cool

Sannyasi
12-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Story of the game was how dominant the pass rush was. One of the most one sided matchups I've seen all year. Carr had no time to throw on just about every drop back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2014, 08:33 PM

I like the way you soundly reason.

Nice read, George.

TimBone
12-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Interesting perspective on Stephenson.
I said it very early in the season that he wouldn't be back. He's made some posts on twitter over the last couple of years that have hinted he wants away from KC.

Deberg_1990
12-14-2014, 08:50 PM

Perhaps you would prefer to return to the glory years of Herm, Haley and Crennel?

gblowfish
12-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Here's my pal Gary enjoying his birthday cupcake:

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Here's my pal Gary enjoying his birthday cupcake:

Nothing better for us "old" guys than to see the Chiefs beat the Raiders as a birthday present!

:D

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Best part of my day was this little Chiefs fan probably 8 or 9, who looks like the comedian who says I'm Fluffy. Goes up to this Raider fan in our section and says your team sucks. Gotta love kids and their honesty.

Red Dawg
12-14-2014, 09:42 PM
This team probably just won their last game. Pitt should beat us making the SD game useless and probably a loss. We are young and way to injured. The only good this year has brought is our young players got to play and that will help down the road.

FloridaMan88
12-14-2014, 09:52 PM
also think something very weird is going on with Donald Stephenson. He got in for a few plays, but most of the game, he was wearing a ball cap, and just wandering off by himself down at the end of the bench. Even when the team was on offense. He seems very detached from the team, and it seems to be mutual. I can't see him being back next year

It is worth saying again… the Chiefs drafted Donald Stephenson the pick before Russell Wilson was drafted.

This franchise is lovely.

Saccopoo
12-14-2014, 10:59 PM
I said it very early in the season that he wouldn't be back. He's made some posts on twitter over the last couple of years that have hinted he wants away from KC.

That seems weird, since he's a KC native.

TimBone
12-14-2014, 11:03 PM
That seems weird, since he's a KC native.
Yep

Prison Bitch
12-14-2014, 11:14 PM
11. Time of possession was 30:00 for each team. Wonder how often that's happened in our history

12. Carr had a tidy 4 y.p.a. Today. 56 passes to gain 222 yards. And 60 of them were on the last garbage time drive. Talk about not going downfield

13. We need to run more. Well we ran 27x for 92 yards and threw 30x for 297.

14. Knile needs to run more. He carries 11x for 9 yards. The only play he broke seemingly all year was a short pass from Alex

15. Alex is putting together an outstanding year and nobody notices. 2,900 yards already, 65% completion, 93 rating, 18-6 TD-int. without looking it up I'd bet that Joe Montana didn't have many seasons superior to this

Buehler445
12-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Hey George. Good write up, as always. Glad it was a good day for you. Beautiful day for football.

This was my first game at Arrowhead. I really appreciate your takes. I gotta say you are better at picking up things in person than I am. There was a bunch of stuff I missed because I'm used to it being on the screen or being able to see the play on replay.

Anyway, this was a whirlwind trip for me. My buddy got tickets through a big grain company and offered to take me along. We had obligations until 9:00 last night, then we hopped in the car and got to Topeka about 1:30. Then we left there at 8:00 to make sure we got to the stadium in time to meet the guys from the grain company. After the game we took out and got back to home about 10:30. Needless to say work is going to be a bit rough tomorrow.

Anyway, the first half offensively was a disaster. What a trainwreck. And I don't know if our defense was lights out or their offense had a breaker blown. And the 2:00 drill was a joke and the 1:00 defense was a disaster. The third quarter was better but I think the defense looks a lot worse with a competent O. There were some plays there, but the faid was too dumb to grab them. I still didn't think I see playoff caliber football out there. And you're right. How in the hell did we lose to this trash in chokeland? Christ.

Penalties were bad. Both sides. I didn't see the replay but it sure looked like was in. On the Bowe topic, I agree. He seems to be a net positive on the sideline. And from the little bit I watched him, smith needs to throw him the damn ball. Lots of missed opportunities for him.

Everyone in my section was pretty well behaved, even the faid fans.

One thing I don't see on the tv is Reid looks old, tired and gimpy on the sideline. He's looking rough.

DAT is fast. Really fast. He looks faster in real life than on TV. Charles too.

All in all I had a great time, and definitely appreciate your game experiences.

xztop123
12-14-2014, 11:56 PM
sean smith will kill us if hes out

chiefzilla1501
12-15-2014, 02:03 AM
11. Time of possession was 30:00 for each team. Wonder how often that's happened in our history

12. Carr had a tidy 4 y.p.a. Today. 56 passes to gain 222 yards. And 60 of them were on the last garbage time drive. Talk about not going downfield

14. Knile needs to run more. He carries 11x for 9 yards. The only play he broke seemingly all year was a short pass from Alex

15. Alex is putting together an outstanding year and nobody notices. 2,900 yards already, 65% completion, 93 rating, 18-6 TD-int. without looking it up I'd bet that Joe Montana didn't have many seasons superior to this

Knile Davis is a good back.

I think we're so used to seeing Jamaal Charles do superhuman things that we forget that most backs would do terrible behind our oline.

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2014, 02:18 AM
It is worth saying again… the Chiefs drafted Donald Stephenson the pick before Russell Wilson was drafted.

This franchise is lovely.

Scott Pioli parting gift.

Otter
12-15-2014, 02:34 AM
Thanks GB! Always like the insider info like in point 4 about Stephonson (sp?). Kelece may be one of this teams biggest assets if he can see up a few fundamentals. He certainly has everything that can't be taught.

O line is going to require a lot of attention in the off season.

Coochie liquor
12-15-2014, 08:09 AM

Prison Bitch
12-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Knile Davis is a good back.

I think we're so used to seeing Jamaal Charles do superhuman things that we forget that most backs would do terrible behind our oline.

Davis seems ok but I've never been that wowed by the guy

chiefzilla1501
12-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Davis seems ok but I've never been that wowed by the guy
I mean, this team has never really had an era in forever where we had anything less than a pro bowl, mvp calibre back. The worst we had was when jamaal was injured and we played with Jackie battle. I don't think knile is pro bowl calibre. But he can be a quality back behind a better oline.

Baby Lee
12-15-2014, 08:29 AM
I mean, this team has never really had an era in forever where we had anything less than a pro bowl, mvp calibre back. The worst we had was when jamaal was injured and we played with Jackie battle. I don't think knile is pro bowl calibre. But he can be a quality back behind a better oline.

Priest and Marty would've been peas and carrots.

King_Chief_Fan
12-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Your shtick / trolling is old and dumb, try playing roulette with a loaded gun.

and see if Clay will play with you

Window Licking Whiner
12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Best part of my day was this little Chiefs fan probably 8 or 9, who looks like the comedian who says I'm Fluffy. Goes up to this Raider fan in our section and says your team sucks. Gotta love kids and their honesty.

And another generation of chiefs fan is ushered into mediocrity. I almost feel bad for that kid. Did you report the parents to CPS?

gblowfish
12-15-2014, 09:48 AM
sean smith will kill us if hes out

In the paper this AM, they said Shawn Smith had cramps. He was really struggling to move. I hope that's all it was, it looked much worse. Also, they said Houston got poked in the eye (damn Raiders). He should be fine. Charles just needs rest. I'd hold him out of practice this week.

TEX
12-15-2014, 10:24 AM
And another generation of chiefs fan is ushered into mediocrity. I almost feel bad for that kid. Did you report the parents to CPS?

:doh!: Rep!

BlackHelicopters
12-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Great insight

Frosty
12-15-2014, 10:52 AM
I was kind of surprised with the Raiders' gameplan yesterday. Chiefs' D is weak against the run yet the Raiders barely tried to run. I know the Chiefs changed up their front for this game but the Raiders' RBs were still had 4.6 yards per rush average for the game. Having their rookie QB throw 52 times while getting pummeled seems stupid.

The Franchise
12-15-2014, 11:33 AM

Joe Montana would destroy worlds in this pass happy league. Alex Smith's quietly good season would be good in 1985.....not now.

Frosty
12-15-2014, 11:38 AM
How do people think the o-line looked without McGoo in there?

Seemed to me the pass protection was better but the run blocking was worse.

chiefqueen
12-15-2014, 01:17 PM
RE #5, In 2001, when I had season tix, the guy driving the CBS camera cart hit a cop doing security @ the game that day. The driver was about 120 years old and all the attorneys around me started giving the cop their business cards.

NOTE: My tix were on the front row.

Window Licking Whiner
12-15-2014, 02:31 PM
RE #5, In 2001, when I had season tix, the guy driving the CBS camera cart hit a cop doing security @ the game that day. The driver was about 120 years old and all the attorneys around me started giving the cop their business cards.

NOTE: My tix were on the front row.

Did the cop shoot the driver? That was attempted murder

Baby Lee
12-15-2014, 02:59 PM

That's a rational line of inquiry for a non-obsessed mind.

Window Licking Whiner
12-15-2014, 04:22 PM
That's a rational line of inquiry for a non-obsessed mind.

Oh you again.

Easy 6
12-15-2014, 04:28 PM

You are really making an ass out of yourself with this obsession, stop infecting every damn thread you post in with this shit.

Window Licking Whiner
12-15-2014, 05:14 PM
You are really making an ass out of yourself with this obsession, stop infecting every damn thread you post in with this shit.

It's funny to me. I use your own arguments, and you-know-who always shows up again...and here you are

scho63
12-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. Friday was my old pal Gary's birthday.There was Mrs. Blowfish and me, Gary and three of our other good long time friends from the old neighborhood, Mr. Doggity, Eric and Jeff. I've known all these guys for 40 years or more, and we know each others families. I got this box with bunch of my dad's stuff in it: Books I had bought him, his army medals, and a bunch of Chiefs stuff he had kept over the years. For some reason, he had a whole box full of Chiefs 35th anniversary pins. Like a dozen of them. So today, we toasted my Pops -he hated the Raiders more than I do- and I gave a pin to all my pals at the tail gate.
Wonderful way to start the tailgating. I have a group of friends from my old neighborhood in New Jersey that we became friends in 1970 when I moved into the area and we are all still best friends to this day. Hard to beat that kind of friendship and glad to hear you could roast your dad at the same time-I'm sure he is looking down from above with a big smile on his face. o:-)

9. When we got the opening kickoff, They got moving, all right...straight backwards. Both teams floundered for most of the first quarter, until an 80 yard punt return by DAT with about three minutes left in the quarter got the Chiefs an early lead. Actually the entire first half was pretty frustrating on offense.
It was boring as hell to watch for the most part of the first half as our offense SUCKED

8. Third Quarter is what broke the game open as the Chiefs scored three TD's in a five minute span. Charles got beat up pretty good in the first half, and you could see him limping off the field after a couple of series. It was good to get Knile Davis back into the general game plan. Davis only had eleven rushing yards on nine carries, but one of those carries was a TD, and the only pass he caught was a 70 yard TD.
Charles just is taking a beating. Why we don't give Charles 17-20 touches a game and Knile 8-10 is beyond me.

7. Kelce taketh away, and Kelce giveth. His fumble kept the Raiders in the game, briefly. Kelce made up for the fumble with a great after catch run to score. Even on that TD though, he's waving the ball around in one hand as he approached the end zone.
He's got to tone it down! I'm happy he is playing with enthusiasm and passion but that stupidity of youth is going to cost us and already has. I was yelling at the screen in the sports bar to "stop showboating and put the ball away until you are in the end zone safe and sound!" He nearly lost the ball and was 1-2 yards outside the endzone when he started waving the ball. Bad move!

6. Back to the Brazilian Midget: I'm a little worried about his reliability going down the stretch.
I'm not as worried about him as much as our previous kickers but he does have his moments. He does see to be getting better however, this last debacle notwithstanding.

3. Alex missed 300 yards passing again, barely.
Most of this was RAC yards although he did have the 48 yard bomb! He was just 11 yards short with a lot of time left in the 4th and never got it

2. Carr was forced to pass the ball 56 times today. and Oakland was held to less than 80 yards rushing. Chiefs had four sacks. On offense, KC was terrible on third down, just 3 for 13, Alex was only sacked once. Again this week penalties were very disturbing. Chiefs were actually worse on penalties than Oakland, and that's hard to do. 11 penalties for 84 yards.
Sloppy football from our sloppy and not reading for the playoffs kind of team.

1. I don't like our chances in Pittsburgh. We've never played well there. But today, I'll take the win. It very well could be the last one we're able to enjoy this season.
So true so true.....:thumb:

Well GB we extracted a little bit of revenge for our prior loss to the Faiders but unfortunately, that earlier loss may have claimed our playoff chances and the 3 game losing streak put us in a precarious position.

As I expected only a 4-5 win season this year, to be where we are is much better than I could have hoped for. I only want the Chiefs to play hard and give it their all with no stupid penalties gainsyt Pittsburgh. If we lose I will be disappointed but really pissed if we play as awful as several of the prior 3 weeks starting with the Chokeland Faiders.

Thanks George and let's hope we get a miracle in the Steel City! :D

kcxiv
12-15-2014, 06:59 PM

congratz on predicting something most people knew already! Real Nostradamus you are.

It was a great win. Right now when you are fighting for your play off lives and a loss means you are done, its always a great win, even if it was 7-6 Chiefs win.

Im not a Fan of Alex and Reid. I Done bashed Alex to hell and back and will do so unless he makes me eat my words. In all honesty, i hope he does.

Anyways. On to Pitt.

Discuss Thrower
12-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Bowe had some fun with fans once the game was pretty well in hand by standing on the defensive bench and did the "two thumb point to nameplate" thing in accordance to how loud some (primarily female) fans got.

I say this because I need a segue into something I noticed Sunday... The first pass he had thrown to him was a fucking laser. It made a very audible thump that I've never heard in relation to a caught ball before. Made me think that that could be evidence of Alex not trusting him... Smith's afraid Bowe might juggle a throw right to a defender so he puts extra muster on the ball to get it to him quicker than a defender can reach in and make a grab.

This inkling wasn't helped by that low pass on the same side of the field where Bowe didn't come up with the grab (50% his fault) because it was all of 4 inches off the ground by the time it got to him.

ThaVirus
12-15-2014, 09:59 PM
I say this because I need a segue into something I noticed Sunday... The first pass he had thrown to him was a fucking laser. It made a very audible thump that I've never heard in relation to a caught ball before. Made me think that that could be evidence of Alex not trusting him... Smith's afraid Bowe might juggle a throw right to a defender so he puts extra muster on the ball to get it to him quicker than a defender can reach in and make a grab.

This doesn't make any sense.

jonzie04
12-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Bowe had some fun with fans once the game was pretty well in hand by standing on the defensive bench and did the "two thumb point to nameplate" thing in accordance to how loud some (primarily female) fans got.

I say this because I need a segue into something I noticed Sunday... The first pass he had thrown to him was a ****ing laser. It made a very audible thump that I've never heard in relation to a caught ball before. Made me think that that could be evidence of Alex not trusting him... Smith's afraid Bowe might juggle a throw right to a defender so he puts extra muster on the ball to get it to him quicker than a defender can reach in and make a grab.

This inkling wasn't helped by that low pass on the same side of the field where Bowe didn't come up with the grab (50% his fault) because it was all of 4 inches off the ground by the time it got to him.

Are you a female? some pretty serious analyzing going on here.

Discuss Thrower
12-16-2014, 12:37 AM
Are you a female? some pretty serious analyzing going on here.

You know me. Vagina for dayyyyyyyyys