PDA

View Full Version : Life someone hit and ran my car last night

Hootie
12-18-2014, 10:13 AM
in my fucking parking lot when there is no one supposed to fucking park next to me

literally took off my side mirror

what's my course of action other than being fucked?

how much can I expect to pay?

I'm fucking livid

The Franchise
12-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Do they have security cameras in your parking lot?

Steron
12-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Didn't somebody do this to you once before?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270970

Prison Bitch
12-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Literally.

Gonzo
12-18-2014, 10:21 AM
You're out a couple hundy I'm afraid. Well, unless you get one that matches your cars color from a salvage lot at do it yourself.

Eleazar
12-18-2014, 10:22 AM
improve karma

Titty Meat
12-18-2014, 10:31 AM
You got insurance playboy?

Eleazar
12-18-2014, 10:32 AM
It's a mirror, you go buy one or go to a pick and pull and find one. Then you install it. Problem solved.

Don Corlemahomes
12-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Maybe it was the girl that pooped your bed.

Buehler445
12-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Collision insurance = deductible.

Liability insurance = whatever it costs to replace the mirror (you're boned). If it is just the mirror, 100-400. If it is the door, 300-600.

I'd probably file a police report. Insurance is going to need that.

MIAdragon
12-18-2014, 10:53 AM
You pissed someone off.

KC native
12-18-2014, 10:54 AM
What did you do to piss people off lately?

gblowfish
12-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Nothing worse than somebody doing damage at the deductible or less...

Couple years ago, some Asshole Raiders fan keyed my Jeep down one side in the Arrowhead parking lot. People who key cars are gutless cowardly pricks.

KCUnited
12-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Depending on your state and policy, you may be able to have your deductible lessened or waived for a hit and run. I still wouldn't **** with it unless it's more than just a side mirror.

Boise_Chief
12-18-2014, 11:11 AM
Thread=Worthless
Pics>no pics

Lets see the damage.

Hootie
12-18-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm the resident manager of the apartment and, because I was mad, I got 3 people towed who aren't permitted to park there.

I never give a fuck.

Today, I did.

The thing that really pisses me off is I purposely have no one park next to me (I get to pick) because, as someone previously mentioned, this has happened before.

Well, someone (probably Asian not even trying to typecast lol) decided (whoo! open parking spot) and fucking hit my fucking car and dented the fuck out of my door.

Angering.

DaFace
12-18-2014, 11:12 AM
"hit my car and ran"

:)

KC native
12-18-2014, 11:13 AM
I'm the resident manager of the apartment and, because I was mad, I got 3 people towed who aren't permitted to park there.

I never give a fuck.

Today, I did.

The thing that really pisses me off is I purposely have no one park next to me (I get to pick) because, as someone previously mentioned, this has happened before.

Well, someone (probably Asian not even trying to typecast lol) decided (whoo! open parking spot) and fucking hit my fucking car and dented the fuck out of my door.

Angering.

You should buy some parking cones and block off the empty space to prevent this from happening in the future.

Kman34
12-18-2014, 11:15 AM
in my ****ing parking lot when there is no one supposed to ****ing park next to me

literally took off my side mirror

what's my course of action other than being ****ed?

how much can I expect to pay?

I'm ****ing livid

Is that the only damage?? Mirrors are easy to replace... price depends if its powered or defrost able. Sometimes someone can just bump into them just walking by and fuck them up...

Archie F. Swin
12-18-2014, 11:18 AM
I mean, did you really need that mirror?

Hootie
12-18-2014, 11:19 AM
fucked up my entire door, too

KC native
12-18-2014, 11:20 AM

Need a bigger picture to assess damage beyond the mirror.

That black smudge will come off easy with some paint reducer.

Jimmya
12-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Dang, that is quite a bit of damage.

Hootie
12-18-2014, 11:23 AM
it's a shitty 2004 car so I really just am going to fix the mirror because I don't want to drive around like a piece of shit with no driver side mirror

just frustrating

took off a panel on the door, too, and have no idea where to find that ... at least found the half of the cracked mirror!

I had such a fun night last night, too!

KC native
12-18-2014, 11:25 AM
it's a shitty 2004 car so I really just am going to fix the mirror because I don't want to drive around like a piece of shit with no driver side mirror

just frustrating

took off a panel on the door, too, and have no idea where to find that ... at least found the half of the cracked mirror!

Time to hit some junkyards. If you can find another car like yours, you could just pop off the trim piece and put it on your car.

KC native
12-18-2014, 11:27 AM
And given how high that smudge mark is on your car, it was probably a truck that did it. So probably not an asian person.

Otter
12-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Nothing worse than somebody doing damage at the deductible or less...

Couple years ago, some Asshole Raiders fan keyed my Jeep down one side in the Arrowhead parking lot. People who key cars are gutless cowardly pricks.

I was at a Philadelphia Flyers game a couple years ago and we had to leave early because my buddy's girlfriend got sick from concession stand food. While walking through the parking lot there was a guy taking a piss between two cars (he was black by the way just in case anyone has a fight to pick) and I noticed not only was he pissing but keying up and pissing on one of the cars. Had a memorabilia puck from the game and whipped it at him like a fastball. Proud to say hit him behind the ear from about 20 yards and the mofo dropped like a rock.

Hootie
12-18-2014, 11:40 AM
And given how high that smudge mark is on your car, it was probably a truck that did it. So probably not an asian person.

Ha. You're probably right. I'm bad at typecasting I just assume all Asians are terrible drivers. It is not hard to park in the spot next to me and not hit my car.

Pablo
12-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Ha. You're probably right. I'm bad at typecasting I just assume all Asians are terrible drivers. It is not hard to park in the spot next to me and not hit my car.It's probably more difficult if they're drunk. Some ol' booze hound probably had himself a nice hump-day drink fest and your car paid the price.

Hootie
12-18-2014, 11:49 AM
It's probably more difficult if they're drunk. Some ol' booze hound probably had himself a nice hump-day drink fest and your car paid the price.

Cons of living on campus.

Just can't believe it's happened twice now, to two different cars, especially after I took precautions and made sure no one would park next to me.

So so dumb. Karma is catching up to me fast.

Pablo
12-18-2014, 11:50 AM

Just can't believe it's happened twice now, to two different cars, especially after I took precautions and made sure no one would park next to me.

So so dumb. Karma is catching up to me fast.When you're pounding $2 Long Islands all night, somebody's car just might pay the price.

There aren't enough precautions in the world to save your car from drunk college kids.

J Diddy
12-18-2014, 11:50 AM
You're out a couple hundy I'm afraid. Well, unless you get one that matches your cars color from a salvage lot at do it yourself.
This.

I lost one (backed out of my carport too quick and was parked too close) and cost me $20 at a salvage yard. Process was pretty simple.

J Diddy
12-18-2014, 11:52 AM

So so dumb. Karma is catching up to me fast.

Indeed karma. This is what happens when you leave the Blowfish and go on to solo fame in the country music industry.

Titty Meat
12-18-2014, 12:15 PM
When you're pounding $2 Long Islands all night, somebody's car just might pay the price.

There aren't enough precautions in the world to save your car from drunk college kids.

Where can you get 2 dollar Long Islands?

Hootie
12-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Where can you get 2 dollar Long Islands?

Brother's in Champaign (it's a chain, there is one at KU, too)

they are disgusting

drink 3 and you'll want to throw up (not from being drunk)

Pablo
12-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Where can you get 2 dollar Long Islands?Whatever college town he's in. Shit, even up in St. Joe MO, there was a Weds or Thurs night special where you got this big fucking plastic pitcher full of whatever mixed drink you wanted for like $6.

Pablo
12-18-2014, 12:18 PM
And yes, LMAO, they will undoubtedly be terribly made drinks.

But when you're a dumb drunk college kid and you know you can get hammered on $10 each week night that really doesn't matter.

BossChief
12-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Is a hit n run counted as comprehensive or collision.

Don't even call your insurance company unless you plan on going through with your claim because either way it would increase your rates and it won't be worth it.

SAUTO
12-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Is a hit n run counted as comprehensive or collision.

Don't even call your insurance company unless you plan on going through with your claim because either way it would increase your rates and it won't be worth it.

this, just bolt a mirror on and be done with it.

or find a "mexican" willing to do it for 20

cosmo20002
12-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Didn't somebody do this to you once before?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270970

So, what you saying is that this is a Qrazy Qoincidence?

highBOLTage
12-18-2014, 12:41 PM

just frustrating

Wonder how much a mechanic would charge if you brought your own mirror and asked him to install... :)

edit: someone beat me

Titty Meat
12-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Brother's in Champaign (it's a chain, there is one at KU, too)

they are disgusting

drink 3 and you'll want to throw up (not from being drunk)

Brothers in Lawrence is fucking ghetto. I love Long Islands though.

Hootie
12-18-2014, 12:47 PM
my boy at the junk yard got me one for $32

perhaps towing 3 cars from my lot was a bit dramatic

Eleazar
12-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Having seen the car now, I suggest duct tape! :fire:

Hootie
12-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Having seen the car now, I suggest duct tape! :fire:

totally agree

loochy
12-18-2014, 02:07 PM
it was me

Katipan
12-18-2014, 02:08 PM
The freak out, the lack of knowledge as to how much a stupid mirror would cost, the outraged towing.

Hootie 2.0 is kind of a girl. I like it.

TimBone
12-18-2014, 02:31 PM
my boy at the junk yard got me one for $32

perhaps towing 3 cars from my lot was a bit dramatic
Hahahaha...ya think? I bet your car is damaged again within a month.

Hootie
12-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Someone ruined it for EVERYONE

booger
12-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Had a jogger or someone on a bike that did that on the drivers side of my crew cab when I still had it. No damage to the door or fender. Just cracked the glass and it webbed out. One small piece of the mirror fell off. On trucks the side mirrors fold in for clearance issues at small home garages drive through car wash etc. the back of it has a plastic cover that popped off. They put that piece right where I'd see it on the street where you stand to open the door. At first I was pissed but looked down and saw several drops of blood. I put the back cover on, got in the truck and laughed histerically wishing I would have seen it.

Buck
12-18-2014, 02:51 PM

Rubbing compound will take that black shit off your door. Just don't scrub too hard. And rinse with water when you're done.

KC native
12-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Rubbing compound will take that black shit off your door. Just don't scrub too hard. And rinse with water when you're done.

Paint reducer would be much easier for him to use (much less risk of fucking up the paint).