PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm Going to See my First Game at Arrowhead Stadium

Archie F. Swin
12-22-2014, 07:12 AM
I'll be your Sung Woo... Your pasty, flabby, middle-aged Sung Woo.

I've been a Chiefs fan for over 25 years, a planeteer for 14 years, but I've never lived in the Chiefs Kingdom (while being a fan). Thanks to the interwebs and especially CP, I've been able to stay very much in touch with Kansas City sports despite my being a seven hour drive from the Truman Sports Complex.

Much like Sung Woo, the main incentive for my family's trip to KC is a fellow fan promising to throw a couple of tix my way to help ease the cost of treating a family of four to an NFL game.

I've only seen one regular season Chiefs game in person (@ Dallas back in 2005). I feel this coming Sunday will be a very special moment for me and my family.

BigBeauford
12-22-2014, 07:18 AM
Make sure to grab some food from the concessions. It's what arrowhead is known for!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2014, 07:38 AM
LMAO

Red Dawg
12-22-2014, 07:46 AM
Have fun. Arrowhead is special to people like us that have to drive for a day to get there. People that live there completely take it completely granted having a pro team.

Fish
12-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Prayers sent.

In58men
12-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Gum wrappers go inside the trash containers

ChiTown
12-22-2014, 08:32 AM
Make sure to grab some food from the concessions. It's what arrowhead is known for!

or food from the trash cans. You'll never know the difference....

Gonzo
12-22-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm sure the tickets are cheap this week.

ptlyon
12-22-2014, 08:58 AM
You poor bastard. What did you do to deserve this???

Reerun_KC
12-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Have fun. Arrowhead is special to people like us that have to drive for a day to get there. People that live there completely take it completely granted having a pro team.

ROFL

Archie F. Swin
12-22-2014, 09:15 AM

I'm hoping some of you sunsabitches will feed me before the game.

scho63
12-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Enjoy the environment as I saw my first game last year after 45 years living on the East Coast.

Sadly, there will probably be a LOT of empty seats and no shows lessening your experience a little.

WhawhaWhat
12-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Anyone have a Camaro he can borrow to drive to the game? Maybe some Motley Crue and Whitesnake CDs as well. Confederate flag. Let him get the full experience.

ChiefsCountry
12-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Anyone have a Camaro he can borrow to drive to the game? Maybe some Motley Crue and Whitesnake CDs as well. Confederate flag. Let him get the full experience.

Carhart coveralls to bend the wife over on top of the Camaro as well.

Archie F. Swin
12-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Sadly, there will probably be a LOT of empty seats and no shows lessening your experience a little.

I wouldn't want a bunch of perennially frustrated, anti-Reid, anti-Smith malcontents ruin the experience for us.

GloryDayz
12-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Seriously, have a great time.... There aren't many places as cool as Arrowhead can be, and I hope it's a positive experience for you.

My suggestions:

1) Get there early so you can tailgate. Bring the small grill, pay the $30 to get in the lot, and cook something, even if hotdogs or warm-up some pre-made/packaged ribs. It's an important part of the larger experience.

2) Walk away from the tailgate NLT 11:15 so you're in the stadium for the tail end of the player warm-ups, and all of the pre-game flames. For those os us who have seen it all many times it's never as special as the first time.

3) If you're so inclined to run all over the lot, for some people it's awesome to get there really early and see the players arrive, and maybe get a autograph or two...

Shaid
12-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Congrats, I still haven't had my first arrowhead experience. I really want it to be a Raiders or Broncos game when I go the first time. I hope you have a good time.

Kman34
12-22-2014, 11:26 AM
Nothing like going to a game that the highlight might be ruining Rivers season....:thumb: I'm going too. Was hoping this game would be meaningful but got fed a shit sandwich yesterday... Hope you have a great time...:thumb:

gblowfish
12-22-2014, 11:57 AM
I would not mess with trying to cook at Arrowhead in late December. It'll be too cold, and you won't enjoy it. Either go to Gates and get some BBQ on US 40 Highway -they open at 10am- or take something easy like Subway or Hi-Boy Burgers or whatever. I don't recommend stadium food. It costs too much and the health dept recently slammed them for cleanliness issues. Definitely do all your drinking beforehand in the parking lot. Beer inside Arrowhead is stupid expensive.

Give yourself enough time to see Chiefs Hall of Honor at the top of Sec 119. You'll be able to see most of it in 30 to 45 mins.

Check the weather carefully before you go. You might need anything from a raincoat to hand warmers, never know what weather you'll get here in December.

Check on the CP a few days before you go. You might be able to hook on with some tailgaters. Good luck, have fun.

Archie F. Swin
12-22-2014, 12:19 PM
I would not mess with trying to cook at Arrowhead in late December. It'll be too cold, and you won't enjoy it. Either go to Gates and get some BBQ on US 40 Highway -they open at 10am- or take something easy like Subway or Hi-Boy Burgers or whatever. I don't recommend stadium food. It costs too much and the health dept recently slammed them for cleanliness issues. Definitely do all your drinking beforehand in the parking lot. Beer inside Arrowhead is stupid expensive.

Give yourself enough time to see Chiefs Hall of Honor at the top of Sec 119. You'll be able to see most of it in 30 to 45 mins.

Check the weather carefully before you go. You might need anything from a raincoat to hand warmers, never know what weather you'll get here in December.

Check on the CP a few days before you go. You might be able to hook on with some tailgaters. Good luck, have fun.

Good advice, thanks George. And, yeah, I'm not dragging a grill to KC from Texas.

Pablo
12-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Prayers sent.LMAO

DeezNutz
12-22-2014, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't want a bunch of perennially frustrated, anti-Reid, anti-Smith malcontents ruin the experience for us.

Don't worry: The Chiefs will take care of that for you.

In all seriousness, though, hope you have fun.

Pablo
12-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I guess Arrowhead is fun. You'll have a good time if you've never been before. I wouldn't expect a totally rocking crowd or anything, but I'm sure it will be loud and wild enough if you don't know any better.

The Hall of Honor that George mentioned is definitely worth seeing. Get in early to see it if you don't do anything else.

TimBone
12-22-2014, 01:34 PM
I'll be your Sung Woo... Your pasty, flabby, middle-aged Sung Woo.

I've been a Chiefs fan for over 25 years, a planeteer for 14 years, but I've never lived in the Chiefs Kingdom (while being a fan). Thanks to the interwebs and especially CP, I've been able to stay very much in touch with Kansas City sports despite my being a seven hour drive from the Truman Sports Complex.

Much like Sung Woo, the main incentive for my family's trip to KC is a fellow fan promising to throw a couple of tix my way to help ease the cost of treating a family of four to an NFL game.

I've only seen one regular season Chiefs game in person (@ Dallas back in 2005). I feel this coming Sunday will be a very special moment for me and my family.
what day do you arrive? They do tours on most Saturdays. You'd be able to see a lot of the stadium that way.

Archie F. Swin
12-22-2014, 02:26 PM
what day do you arrive? They do tours on most Saturdays. You'd be able to see a lot of the stadium that way.

We hope to be in the metro by Friday evening.

TimBone
12-22-2014, 03:08 PM
We hope to be in the metro by Friday evening.
Go to the Chiefs website and look for tours if you're interested. They usually run in both the morning and the afternoon on Saturdays. I recommend it to first time Arrowhead travelers.

Strongside
12-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Enjoy it. Regardless of the team's season, your first trip to Arrowhead will be a memorable time.

mrroandrro
12-22-2014, 03:52 PM
My family and I always have a memorable trip when we travel from Louisiana. I recommend hitting Oklahoma Joe's on Saturday for some world famous BBQ. Then we usually hit Stroud's after the game for some Fried Chicken. Stroud's is usually packed after game with Chiefs fans. Pan fried like your momma used to make. At least it was last time we went.

GloryDayz
12-22-2014, 04:03 PM

I see your point, but I keep these on hand for the quick grill and no-mess. Hence the "hotdogs" or "pre-made ribs" to warm up.

http://cbstailgatefan.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ez-grill.jpeg

Solid advice on the hall of fame..

GloryDayz
12-22-2014, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't want a bunch of perennially frustrated, anti-Reid, anti-Smith malcontents ruin the experience for us.LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Never.....

12-22-2014, 06:17 PM

speak for yourself. LMAO I would never go to Arrowhead and NOT tailgate.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2014, 06:25 PM
No worries. Product on the field does that for you.

Arrowhead as we knew it is long dead and gone.

Rausch
12-22-2014, 06:27 PM

This.

Very, very sad to say, but true...

GloryDayz
12-22-2014, 09:12 PM

At least I'm no longer a STH. Those were the days I was really upset. Paying mega-bucks and paying "full price" for preseason (well, the same price), and then all the other games too, I had my days.

But that's not the point here, this is a first-time trip to Arrowhead, let's hope he has a great time...

Archie F. Swin
12-23-2014, 06:06 AM
This will be my wife, son and & daughter's first NFL game. I plan to prepare them for a great stadium experience and a competitive team, but nothing from the people except piss, vinegar and illl will.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-23-2014, 07:17 AM
This will be my wife, son and & daughter's first NFL game. I plan to prepare them for a great stadium experience and a competitive team, but nothing from the people except piss, vinegar and illl will.

I doubt it. The people who are still showing up at this point, at this time of year weather-wise, just LOOOOOOOOOVE their Lil' Chuefy brand shitloaf.

And you sir, are about to get a buffet-sized plate!

nom-nom-nom...

lewdog
12-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Prepare thy anus Archie.

TribalElder
12-23-2014, 05:05 PM
At least the bbq was good :shrug:

WakkaWakka
12-23-2014, 05:10 PM
At least the bbq was good :shrug:

This belongs in the 2015 Slogan thread ;)

GloryDayz
12-23-2014, 05:21 PM
I doubt it. The people who are still showing up at this point, at this time of year weather-wise, just LOOOOOOOOOVE their Lil' Chuefy brand shitloaf.

And you sir, are about to get a buffet-sized plate!

nom-nom-nom...

This. And if he runs into my boys and me, we'll show them:

What it takes to earn 142.2.

Live in red.

Buy red trucks.

To hate anything Denver Football.

He'll learn from my older son, and now my younger son, "what goes in Arrowhead stays in Arrowhead."

That we can say "beat the hell of of you, you, you-you-you" (but only in Arrowhead, and it's never even talked about outside of Arrowhead).

They'll learn that ONLY IN Arrowhead can it be the "Home of the Chiefs."

They'll learn that Chiefs fans are the best people in the world!

And he'll learn that gameday at Arrowhead is NOT Chiefs Planet...

Archie F. Swin
12-24-2014, 05:29 AM
So, will any of you be hosting a tailgate Sunday morning?

Jimmya
12-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Good luck & I hope it's a great experience!

GloryDayz
12-24-2014, 03:43 PM
So, will any of you be hosting a tailgate Sunday morning?

Unknown. Will be out of town at an after Xmas event and may not make it back to town until Sunday AM.

Yeah, I hadn't planned on going, but games are time with my boys so we'll cut-short some of the other stuff for some screaming.

You might want to PM Luv, her family does a great job and are some super awesome people too.

Archie F. Swin
12-28-2014, 05:33 AM
If we're sitting in sect 113, but don't already have a parking pass, which gate should we use to enter the parking lot? I'm guessing my only parking choice is Lot A?

jspchief
12-28-2014, 05:42 AM
If we're sitting in sect 113, but don't already have a parking pass, which gate should we use to enter the parking lot? I'm guessing my only parking choice is Lot A?
Haven't been recently, but you used to be able to park in the grass anywhere. Every median, parkway, etc. I've heard the lot attendants are more strict now, but I always ignored them.

Gate relative to seats isnt a big deal. Just park wherever, enter the stadium wherever, and walk around and take it all in to get to your seats. Make sure youre seated for the anthem.

Archie F. Swin
12-28-2014, 05:54 AM

Do you have to pay to enter the hall of honor on game days?

TimBone
12-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Do you have to pay to enter the hall of honor on game days?
No

GloryDayz
12-28-2014, 06:32 PM
I hope your day was as awesome as ours....

lewdog
12-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Bump.

I want details.

GloryDayz
12-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Twas awesome.... . http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/29/ff86a7b692f1e1058ec4250cd31926ec.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/29/e7a190020ded283acccd1cc11c9ac635.jpg