PDA

View Full Version : Football Patriots O-Line has allowed 52 QB hits, most in NFL.

oaklandhater
12-22-2014, 08:58 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF">@PFF</a>, Patriots O-Line has allowed 52 QB hits, most in NFL.</p>&mdash; Kevin Duffy (@KevinRDuffy) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinRDuffy/status/547121703797927936">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Alex would be shit behind any o-line.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Clearly the OL is the reason the Patriots are terrible on offense / CP

oaklandhater
12-22-2014, 09:13 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MlksYxKs5ag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TEX
12-22-2014, 10:24 PM

Clearly the Chiefs JAG OL lived up to your expectations...Fool. ROFL

TEX
12-22-2014, 10:31 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF">@PFF</a>, Patriots O-Line has allowed 52 QB hits, most in NFL.</p>&mdash; Kevin Duffy (@KevinRDuffy) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinRDuffy/status/547121703797927936">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

They are still TONS better than the Chiefs sorry OL. How did Brady look at Arrowhead this year? Kinda like Alex? Manning looked like Alex in the Super Bowl last year. Rogers looked like Alex this year against Buffalo. There IS a common theme there dipshits.

You guys that think a good QB could come in here and have success are all idiots beyond belief. Chiefzilla is the main culprit, but you're a close second. AT least he knows what he's talking about some of the time. You don't.

oaklandhater
12-22-2014, 10:37 PM
They are still TONS better than the Chiefs sorry OL. How did Brady look at Arrowhead this year? Kinda like Alex? Manning looked like Alex in the Super Bowl last year. Rogers looked like Alex this year against Buffalo. There IS a common theme there dipshits.

You guys that think a good QB could come in here and have success are all idiots beyond belief. Chiefzilla is the main culprit, but you're a close second. AT least he knows what he's talking about some of the time. You don't.

Thought it was pretty popular opinion around here that Alex would be trash no matter what line we had.

I never said we would be playing in the SB if we had luck manning or rogers.

Romo look like Alex during the Eagles game and the cowboys have the best o-line every qb has an off day :)

kcxiv
12-22-2014, 10:41 PM

Yeah, but Brady has since then Led his team to the first seed in the play offs. ALex has since then lead his team to well, nothing!

LiveSteam
12-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Can you say home field though out the playoffs?
Tom Brady can

oaklandhater
12-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Yeah, but Brady has since then Led his team to the first seed in the play offs. ALex has since then lead his team to well, nothing!

He led us to a recordbreaking no WR touchdowns in a single season.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Clearly the Chiefs JAG OL lived up to your expectations...Fool. ROFL

I didn't expect the OL to be good. Like I said, good GMs can build good OLs without burning money or high draft picks. Dorsey has not done that and deserves shaming for it. That being said, a bad OL has not stopped Brady from leading one of the best teams in football. Lots of QBs get by with bad offensive lines. But what we've seen is that QBs like Smith also make their offensive lines worse by not getting rid of the ball quickly and missing the hot read on the blitz. Smith's blitz pickups this year have been horrendous.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Reidcuses abound.

hitchief
12-22-2014, 11:36 PM

That's because they fixed the oline. Watch a Patriots game now and its night and day compared to earlier in the season. Sometimes Brady looks bored back there waiting for someone to get open. And if he gets hit its because he is as slow as asphalt.

GoChargers
12-22-2014, 11:40 PM
That's because they fixed the oline. Watch a Patriots game now and its night and day compared to earlier in the season. Sometimes Brady looks bored back there waiting for someone to get open. And if he gets hit its because he is as slow as asphalt.

Did you watch the game this week? Their O-Line was abysmal and they still won.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2014, 11:42 PM

Brady is one of the best in the game at sliding around the pocket. It doesn't matter if he's slow. The same o-line that gave up something like 50 sacks to Matt Cassel was typically giving up around 20 to Brady. If the o-line is giving up 50+ sacks to Brady, they are on another level of terrible.

hitchief
12-22-2014, 11:43 PM
I didn't expect the OL to be good. Like I said, good GMs can build good OLs without burning money or high draft picks. Dorsey has not done that and deserves shaming for it. That being said, a bad OL has not stopped Brady from leading one of the best teams in football. Lots of QBs get by with bad offensive lines. But what we've seen is that QBs like Smith also make their offensive lines worse by not getting rid of the ball quickly and missing the hot read on the blitz. Smith's blitz pickups this year have been horrendous.

That's horsecrap and you for one are constantly on Alex for dumping the ball off so at least be consistent with you brilliant analysis. Throwing short, quick throws is just about the only thing Andy tries anymore due to the turnstlyles we have for an oline.

by the way, who is going to be on the other end of your "hot read" bowe? Give me a break or Bowe a smoke cause he aint gonna get your hot read.

hitchief
12-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Brady is one of the best in the game at sliding around the pocket. It doesn't matter if he's slow. The same o-line that gave up something like 50 sacks to Matt Cassel was typically giving up around 20 to Brady. If the o-line is giving up 50+ sacks to Brady, they are on another level of terrible.

Do you watch any of their games? I don't think so cause what you are claiming is not what I've seen lately. HE HAS ALL DAY for most of his pass attempts. When he gets hit, he's holding onto the ball for too long waiting for guys to get open cause he cant run for shit.

You hate cant blind you to the fact that this oline is bottom 5 in the NFL and if you cant see that than why even watch and post. Its just stupid to discount things that are staring you in the face. Sure Alex is part of the problem this year but he is 4th on the list behind the oline, wr's and Andy/Dorsey.

Just Passin' By
12-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Do you watch any of their games? I don't think so cause what you are claiming is not what I've seen lately. HE HAS ALL DAY for most of his pass attempts. When he gets hit, he's holding onto the ball for too long waiting for guys to get open cause he cant run for shit.

If you're making these claims, you haven't been watching the Patriots.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2014, 11:51 PM
That's horsecrap and you for one are constantly on Alex for dumping the ball off so at least be consistent with you brilliant analysis. Throwing short, quick throws is just about the only thing Andy tries anymore due to the turnstlyles we have for an oline.
No, it isn't. There are designed quick screens and Reid does too much of them. There are other plays where he throws to the wide open man. When the receivers are semi covered, a good QB is going to find a creative way to get it to the receiver. Jump balls, back shoulder throws, fades, threading the needle.... Smith doesn't do any of those things. He'll either check it down or hold on to the ball way too damn long and either take a sack or take off and run. That is massively different from what Brady does.

by the way, who is going to be on the other end of your "hot read" bowe? Give me a break or Bowe a smoke cause he aint gonna get your hot read.
Who even knows what we have in these receivers? The QB doesn't trust these guys whatsoever to make plays. There is absolutely no explaining what was going through Smith's mind when he repeatedly checked down on third down plays even in the most critical of moments against the Steelers. In Wilson, you have a guy who broke away several times. In Bowe and Avant, you have two guys who have a history of making circus catches. Why is it that you never see Smith ever test his receivers?

Valiant
12-23-2014, 01:03 AM

Hmm... I am going to call BS..

The Pats are 4th in the NFL in their QB not getting sacked..

Jimmya
12-23-2014, 06:19 AM
You're going to call BS, NFL network showed same stat yesterday afternoon. Lol... I'm glad you know more about the Patriots than the NFL network. Wow

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-23-2014, 07:22 AM
He led us to a recordbreaking no WR touchdowns in a single season.

Al Bundy would be proud.

Amnorix
12-23-2014, 07:50 AM

It's been the tale of three seasons. OLine was complete crap the first four games. Then got pretty good for the next 8, and now has been quite shaky for the last three or so, bottoming out last Sunday vs. the Jets again. If they can't do better than last Sunday, Pats are going nowhere in the playoffs.

Amnorix
12-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Hmm... I am going to call BS..

The Pats are 4th in the NFL in their QB not getting sacked..

"hits" versus "sacks". If he throws the ball right before he gets whacked, it's a hit, but not a sack. Brady is very good at avoiding giving up sacks.

TEX
12-23-2014, 08:42 AM

BULLSHIT TO ALL OF IT! You were 100% ON BOARD - even praising Dorsey choosing the path he took with the OL. I,and MANY others, TOLD you that things would turn out this way. Your approach, and Dorsey's, was 100% WRONG - ESPECIALLY with a QB like Smith and the lack of WR talent.

So just STFU and admit you were wrong and move on. I can totally respect that rather than you looking for some slither of evidence, while changing your main take, to be right. Look, I'm wrong A LOT, BUT when I am - I ADMIT it. I was completely wrong about Eric Fisher ever becoming something other than a JAG himself. I was 100% right about this BS approach to building a JAG OL, that you and Dorsey were in love with, and it being CRAP and effecting the team to the point that it.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2014, 08:58 AM
BULLSHIT TO ALL OF IT! You were 100% ON BOARD - even praising Dorsey choosing the path he took with the OL. I,and MANY others, TOLD you that things would turn out this way. Your approach, and Dorsey's, was 100% WRONG - ESPECIALLY with a QB like Smith and the lack of WR talent.

So just STFU and admit you were wrong and move on. I can totally respect that rather than you looking for some slither of evidence, while changing your main take, to be right. Look, I'm wrong A LOT, BUT when I am - I ADMIT it. I was completely wrong about Eric Fisher ever becoming something other than a JAG himself. I was 100% right about this BS approach to building a JAG OL, that you and Dorsey were in love with, and it being CRAP and effecting the team to the point that it.

Holy fucking shit.

For the FIFTY MILLIONTH TIME, show me a direct quote where I said any of this. Seriously.

I really don't feel like I have to rehash this while you continually call me a liar. I call myself out all the time when I'm wrong.

I said that Dorsey's APPROACH to the OL was fine. Jon Schneider of the Seahawks and most good GMs build olines without spending a lot of money and without burning first round picks to do it. The Chiefs inability to draft good linemen or find good linemen on the cheap is due to Dorsey's poor talent evaluation. It's not because his approach is wrong.

And you keep coming up with this ridiculous fantasyland comment that I think we should have a JAG OL. JFC. Seriously, show me a single quote where I've actually said that. I want a good OL. I just don't want to burn a ton of money to do it. Not because I want the Chiefs to be cheap. But because I would rather the team use first round picks and cap dollars on building an elite defense and investing in offensive playmakers. Not on linemen any good GM should be able to pull at a good value.

Dunerdr
12-23-2014, 09:17 AM
What's your excuse now Alexbators?

srvy
12-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Brady is not mobile and stands in to the last moment to deliver. Hits and sacks are 2 different things. By comparison Smith has been sacked 45 times so far this year. Going into last nights game Payton had been sack 15 times. Smith has faults and plenty but the offensive line is most responsible for the shit show we have been seeing this season.

Dave Lane
12-23-2014, 09:26 AM

Since you never get the chance to watch football, this weekend you might actually flip around a bit and see other teams and how their OL is doing. Thr Chiefs are in the lower third maybe 22-26 range they are not the worst. Alex frequently has a ton of time to work with. Oakland probably has the worst.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Since you never get the chance to watch football, this weekend you might actually flip around a bit and see other teams and how their OL is doing. Thr Chiefs are in the lower third maybe 22-26 range they are not the worst. Alex frequently has a ton of time to work with. Oakland probably has the worst.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/06/16/qbs-in-focus-time-to-throw/
I'll be curious to see the 2015 report. But the basic feeling is this....
Elite QBs have a lightning fast release. Brady and Manning are known to use this to counter a bad offensive line. Smith does not have a fast release, unless it is a pre-designed quick screen play.

So the other things to look out for when watching real QBs play is... how quick does he get rid of the ball? How often does he find the hot read? How often does he get rid of the ball quickly in throwing to a tight spot where the QB has to throw the guy open? More often than not, Smith does NOT put his line in a good position. That doesn't excuse the OL. But it makes you worry a ton about whether OL improvements are going to make any appreciable difference on Smith's performance.

srvy
12-23-2014, 10:01 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/06/16/qbs-in-focus-time-to-throw/
I'll be curious to see the 2015 report. But the basic feeling is this....
Elite QBs have a lightning fast release. Brady and Manning are known to use this to counter a bad offensive line. Smith does not have a fast release, unless it is a pre-designed quick screen play.

So the other things to look out for when watching real QBs play is... how quick does he get rid of the ball? How often does he find the hot read? How often does he get rid of the ball quickly in throwing to a tight spot where the QB has to throw the guy open? More often than not, Smith does NOT put his line in a good position. That doesn't excuse the OL. But it makes you worry a ton about whether OL improvements are going to make any appreciable difference on Smith's performance.

I agree with most of this when you see film you see what looks like Chiefs receivers breaking free downfield all the time. Problem is when the pressure comes right up the gut those throwing lanes close up. Smith then rolls out to his right and dumps it or throws out of bounds. If you watched SD and SF Kaep looks just like Smith. The defense caught up to this. We are most likely stuck with Smith for next 2 years so bolter the O line and add some real Wideouts that go get the ball and hope Smith can improve.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2014, 10:11 AM
I agree with most of this when you see film you see what looks like Chiefs receivers breaking free downfield all the time. Problem is when the pressure comes right up the gut those throwing lanes close up. Smith then rolls out to his right and dumps it or throws out of bounds. If you watched SD and SF Kaep looks just like Smith. The defense caught up to this. We are most likely stuck with Smith for next 2 years so bolter the O line and add some real Wideouts that go get the ball and hope Smith can improve.

The problem is, we don't have a blank check to have a complete team. If I'm making sacrifices to this team, I probably make that sacrifice at wideout. My second target would be the oline. Alex Smith is not going to use these things as well as he should. I mean... you keep gunning to improve these areas, of course. But if I had to choose between getting a new wideout and keeping Houston, the answer is easy.

But the model Dorsey is building is the right one for building around Alex Smith. Build not just a good, but elite defense so you're putting the game in Alex's hands as little as possible. Build a stout running game. Surround him with possession receivers and solid pass catching TEs. Apart from a vertical threat (which we only need as a decoy), our receiving options are not as bad as advertised for an Alex Smith offense. Our OL needs to improve mostly, in my opinion, to improve the running game.

So again, I keep coming back to this idea that this team is being built the right way around the wrong QB.