PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Karen Kornacki does not approve of this poll:

Discuss Thrower
12-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Merry Christmas you fuck-asses.

Go on record. If you are in charge of the Chiefs, do you cut Alex Smith this offseason before his cap hit escalates?

If you say yes, then what's your biggest justification for doing so and what's your plan to replace him as starting QB.

If you say no, then what is your justification for keeping him.

Pole cumming.

TimBone
12-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Another Alex Smith thread! Fun!

Discuss Thrower
12-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Another Alex Smith thread! Fun!

True, but I'd like to see just how many people would put their money where their mouths are.

For the record, at this time I vote to keep him.. As much as I hate how much he's being compensated, you might as well use him to soak up the damage until a true QBotF is ready to go a la Favre and Rodgers in GB.

TribalElder
12-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Merry Xmas

TimBone
12-25-2014, 02:12 PM
True, but I'd like to see just how many people would put their money where their mouths are.

For the record, at this time I vote to keep him.. As much as I hate how much he's being compensated, you might as well use him to soak up the damage until a true QBotF is ready to go a la Favre and Rodgers in GB.
And that's the correct answer.

a pp roach
12-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Yes, because he is sux0rz. Or trade him for like a 5th round pick or something. I don't give a shit if they have to go through years and years til they find a good qb in the draft. Just. draft. a. quarterback. in the first round.

Or 4. Drafting 4 quarterbacks gives people a chance to shine.

Lonewolf Ed
12-25-2014, 03:03 PM

Just how many seasons do you think Alex has left in him? It could be 15 years from now and we would still be waiting on our QBotF. It's a tough decision to make, no doubt about it.

Bowser
12-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Sign Sam Bradford(???!) to a two year deal and draft the highest rated QB that you can. Let the rook watch and learn for a year then give him the keys to the car. I guess.

Discuss Thrower
12-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Sign Sam Bradford(???!) to a two year deal and draft the highest rated QB that you can. Let the rook watch and learn for a year then give him the keys to the car. I guess.

But doesn't the market set by Smith and Cutler force teams to overvalue a guy like Bradford?

Crying Ramtard
12-25-2014, 03:12 PM
the Chiefs will finish above .500.

teams don't get rid of QBs in that situation much at all

Bowser
12-25-2014, 03:14 PM
But doesn't the market set by Smith and Cutler force teams to overvalue a guy like Bradford?

You wouldn't think in Bradford's case. He doesn't have the (perceived) track record of other veteran QB's. He was the first guy I thought of that could do everything Alex is currently doing in this offense (minus the rushing ability) for about 22 million cheaper next year.

Discuss Thrower
12-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Just how many seasons do you think Alex has left in him? It could be 15 years from now and we would still be waiting on our QBotF. It's a tough decision to make, no doubt about it.

He'll last as long as Matt Hasselback has once it's all said and done.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2014, 03:20 PM
the Chiefs will finish above .500.

teams don't get rid of QBs in that situation much at all

The smart teams do.

See the Steelers and Tommy Maddox, who ACTUALLY WON A PLAYOFF GAME.

Tebow and the Broncos, too. lel

keg in kc
12-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Yes, I'm sure they're going to cut him a year after extending him, with a .500 record for the team, likely a career high in yardage, a 3:1 TD to interception ratio, and all the other middling things they ask him to do. That totally seems like a realistic question to ask for a poll.

Bowser
12-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Yes, I'm sure they're going to cut him a year after extending him, with a .500 record for the team, likely a career high in yardage, a 3:1 TD to interception ratio, and all the other middling things they ask him to do. That totally seems like a realistic question to ask for a poll.

Heh. This is the underlining fact of it all.

This thread really is wishful thinking. Alex isn't going anywhere.

Snapplez
12-25-2014, 03:25 PM
They should cut him. Leavin points on the field the way he does is inexcusable, regardless of contract. QB's can't be afraid to fit a ball into a tight window when it presents itself.

My hope is that actually do address our QB and O-Line weaknesses instead of just sprayin febreeze on a shit sandwich. Maybe go after one of the guards New Orleans is gonna be forced to cut or somethin. It's all for naught if they don't do somethin at QB, though. Have to be able to punish defenses for not defendin anythin but the checkdown and the run.

That said, we all know it won't happen.

Valiant
12-25-2014, 03:43 PM
If some team offered a draft pick, or we had to trade a 6th or lower I would do it.

As if we cannot trade him, from reading his breakdown he is on the team for one more year, then we have to cut him before March or his last two years become guaranteed.

If we were to trade, I would do so and run with the winner of Bray/Daniels.. I would also draft a QB if one falls to us, but I would not just get one to get one.. I would try and pick up a veteran cheap as a backup.

I would also change the offense: Bowe would take over the role with his size as a WR2/TE role with Kelce. Find a speed guy(preferiably through the draft) to take over WR1 role. Run with both Charles and Davis in the backfield at all time, with DAT rotating the entire game to keep fresh. Spread the offense out, run a lot and play action. With having Bray/Daniels I would have them move the pocket to buy more time.

Most teams would have problems guarding both RBs with the WRs/TEs running their routes.. There would be growing pains, but I think this setup would get the most out of the players..

...........Bowe,LT,LG,C,RG,RT,Kelce,...................WR1
............JC...........QB.........Davis............................

Valiant
12-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Heh. This is the underlining fact of it all.

This thread really is wishful thinking. Alex isn't going anywhere.

Sadly this, but I think he will be gone before the last two years get guaranteed unless he wins A playoff game...

He gets just one win in the playoffs and some will considered him the toast of the town and throw his name around like Dawson... Even if his stats are 165yds 1td and 2ints..

Ming the Merciless
12-25-2014, 03:57 PM
I would've said no until recently.

I am on record being against acquiring smith.

It wasn't a good deal.....the harder but more fruitful path would've been trying to drive a harder bargain for smith...maybe ONE second round pick and walk away if they declined.

We need a younger , more gutsy QB who can throw deep. Its a passing heavy league now.

If cutting smith means we get started sooner, fine...let's do it. If cutting smith means we bring in yet another loser....then I don't care.

Is it worth the $$$ to keep Alex around to teach our new young stud?

If so, keep him. If not..

Well bye

Mr. Laz
12-25-2014, 05:15 PM
I mean if you are not going to ask you QB to ever push the ball then i think Murray can do what Alex Smith does. I think you can get something in trade for him.

I bet teams like the Jets,Bears would like to have a hassle-free system QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2014, 05:16 PM
I've got Aaron Murray and Tyler Bray, and a big, fat draft; you bet your ass I do.

Cut Smith and Daniel, parlay for Winston, and close this bitch out.

Rain Man
12-25-2014, 05:23 PM
I would certainly consider a trade, but I'm not going to cut the guy.

Snapplez
12-25-2014, 05:35 PM
I would certainly consider a trade, but I'm not going to cut the guy.

Doesn't a trade accelerate his bonus to an instant payment? There's some rule like that that makes tradin huge contracts undesirable

Iconic
12-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Release Smith.
Sign Sanchez or Mallett, this will be the teams immediate starter.
Draft my QBOTF and have him sit for a year or two until I feel he's ready.
Win Superbowl.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Release Smith.
Sign Sanchez or Mallett, this will be the teams immediate starter.
Draft my QBOTF and have him sit for a year or two until I feel he's ready.
Win Superbowl.

http://hotmeme.net/media/i/0/b/tqA-this-will-be-a-day-long-remembered.jpg

Simply Red
12-25-2014, 06:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LtimfY5.jpg

Deberg_1990
12-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Would have hit it

.....,in 1988

Bob Dole
12-25-2014, 06:45 PM
It has been proven for decades that switching QBs and head coaches every 2-3 years is the recipe for championships.

This site is so full of full frontal stupid any more that it is painful to read.

Of course, there weren't nearly enough Smith Hate threads already. This one needed to happen!

Hammock Parties
12-25-2014, 06:48 PM
It has been proven for decades that switching QBs and head coaches every 2-3 years is the recipe for championships.

That's all the Chiefs ever do with retreads though.

Montana: 2 years
Bono: 2 years
Grbac: 4 years
Green: 6 years
Huard/Croyle/Thigpen: 2 years
Cassel: 4 years
Alex: 2 years and needs to be replaced

Need to draft a QB to get one for the long term.

srvy
12-25-2014, 06:53 PM

With this manure heap for an offensive line AS still standing and not in a body cast is pretty amazing. If we did luck out and draft our Rodgers or Luck he would just be ruined behind this colostomy bag of diarrhea we call a line.

Snapplez
12-25-2014, 06:57 PM
With this manure heap for an offensive line AS still standing and not in a body cast is pretty amazing. If we did luck out and draft our Rodgers or Luck he would just be ruined behind this colostomy bag of diarrhea we call a line.

Rodgers has had a terrible offensive line his whole career, and he's done just fine. Keep on makin excuses

Mr. Laz
12-25-2014, 07:19 PM

This site is so full of full frontal stupid any more that it is painful to read.

Of course, there weren't nearly enough Smith Hate threads already. This one needed to happen!

I'm not a drafturbator and i haven't been on the Smith hate wagon.

The reality is that if you aren't going to expect your QB to 'make plays' then you shouldn't be paying a big salary.

If Reid really does want a QB that just won't make mistakes and checks down unless someone is wide,wide open, use young or cheap guys. Use that salary cap money to surround the QB with more talent.

Mr. Laz
12-25-2014, 07:21 PM
The offensive line absolutely has to be addressed regardless of the QB situation.

It still doesn't change the salary vs performance issue.

Dragonocho
12-25-2014, 07:40 PM
I've got Aaron Murray and Tyler Bray, and a big, fat draft; you bet your ass I do.

Cut Smith and Daniel, parlay for Winston, and close this bitch out.

Resigning Eric Winston would be thickening and dithguthting.

<see what I did?>

Valiant
12-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Doesn't a trade accelerate his bonus to an instant payment? There's some rule like that that makes tradin huge contracts undesirable

From what I am reading no, that is the talk on Cutler. He is owed serious guaranteed money.. So Chicago is looking to have to trade 2 picks to get a team to take on the money owed to Cutler.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Resigning Eric Winston would be thickening and dithguthting.

<see what="" i="" did?="">

LMAO

NOT...what I meant.
</see>

srvy
12-25-2014, 09:31 PM
The offensive line absolutely has to be addressed regardless of the QB situation.

It still doesn't change the salary vs performance issue.

No and I am not giving Smith a pass. But there is just no way you could stick a kid behind this crap and expect his confidence to not be shattered.

notorious
12-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Chase or Aaron Murray can throw 5 yard hooks, slants, and screens for a lot cheaper.

Mr. Laz
12-25-2014, 09:39 PM
No and I am not giving Smith a pass. But here is just know way you could stick a kid behind this crap and expect his confidence to not be shattered.
Well Dorsey has to do 1000% better this offseason

minimum needs:
#1 WR
#2 CB(although it would be really nice to pick up a #1 type guy and have Sean Smith as our #2)
starting Quality LG
starting Quality MLB

just gotta have all 4

all these in addition to the question about Alex Smith

Mr. Laz
12-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Chase or Aaron Murray can throw 5 yard hooks, slants, and screens for a lot cheaper.
exactly ... if we are going the Trent Dilfer route then PAY a guy like Dilfer

Bray doesn't fit the profile, might as well get rid of him as well

NJChiefsFan
12-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Well Dorsey has to do 1000% better this offseason

minimum needs:
#1 WR
#2 CB(although it would be really nice to pick up a #1 type guy and have Sean Smith as our #2)
starting Quality LG
starting Quality MLB

just gotta have all 4

all these in addition to the question about Alex Smith

I can live with Gaines ect. as our #2 over the Oline we have. Sutton also seems to do an good job protecting that position compared to how we protect the ILB and Oline weakness. I would have those 2 ahead of the cornerback spot.

Reerun_KC
12-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Even if smith is gone. You still have failure Reid to fire also.

Can't cut smith without firing Reid.

Reidcuses come and convince everyone that its not Reid's fault.

Dunerdr
12-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Sign jake locker and draft 10 quarterbacks.

BossChief
12-25-2014, 11:00 PM
The same Reid took the Eagles to a handful of NFC championship games and it would have been more if McNabb didn't shit the bed at the end of those games.

I'm happy we have Reid as the HC and Sutton has done an amazing job considering we didn't have 2 all pro guys and another solid starter all year. I don't think they should pay Alex all that money. His level of play doesn't warrant that. He doesn't make the guys around him better.

It's a bad sign that the team didn't play as well after Alex got paid.

The problem is Alex Smiths unwillingness to trust his ability and has doubts in his own mind about throwing deep. Everybody knows it. Defenses have half the field to cover because of it and that kills opportunities for the offense to utilize all the speed it has.

Imon Yourside
12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Yes, but Chiefs so it's no...no matter what we think.

Discuss Thrower
12-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Problem with trusting Reid is that there is evidence he's unable to win anything important without a certain deceased defensive coordinator...

RunKC
12-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Keep Alex. And the reason I saw this is because I don't see jack shit at QB available this offseason. Marriotta is no different than an RG3 or Kaepernick. Spread offense bullshit doesn't work in the NFL and those QB's are most failing except for Big Ben.
Give Aaron Murray a REAL shot at winning the damn job. I still like the kid a lot.

And no, Alex is not hard to cut. IF you cut him June 1st this is his dead money compared to money we receive back to the cap.

Dead money is $3.6 million every year.

Here is the amount we get back to the cap.

15-$12 million
16-$14.2 million
17-$13.3 million
18-$17 million

So for example if we cut him this next June 1st, that's $14.4 million in dead money $56.5 million back to us. We get roughly THREE times as much as we lose this way.

penbrook
12-25-2014, 11:19 PM
Honestly we have our QBOTF in Murray. He will be legit in a couple of years

penbrook
12-25-2014, 11:19 PM
Who would you rather have as of right now Alex Smith or Derek Carr

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2014, 11:36 PM
I honestly hate the whole offensive system, so it doesn't matter to me if Smith or Carr are running it. I really don't like Reid. At all.

RunKC
12-25-2014, 11:38 PM
I honestly hate the whole offensive system, so it doesn't matter to me if Smith or Carr are running it. I really don't like Reid. At all.

Not ready to give up on Reid completely yet. I'm amazed this guy could get us to 8 wins with shit at WR (outside of Bowe), a shit OL and games without JC.

Dunerdr
12-25-2014, 11:39 PM

I just want the offense to get vertical while I get horizontal on my couch. Instead the offense is horizontal and I'm constantly getting ventricle cursing Alex smiths name.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2014, 11:46 PM
I just want the offense to get vertical while I get horizontal on my couch. Instead the offense is horizontal and I'm constantly getting ventricle cursing Alex smiths name.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Not ready to give up on Reid completely yet. I'm amazed this guy could get us to 8 wins with shit at WR (outside of Bowe), a shit OL and games without JC.

I'm going to chalk 2013 up to out-kicking the coverage that comes when an old team gets a new coach with some pedigree.

Reid is a fantastic players coach, but a HORRIBLE game day coach and I don't see him overcoming it.

Psyko Tek
12-26-2014, 12:09 AM

going with this
as long as we get a QBOTF and a LINE to help him

keg in kc
12-26-2014, 12:18 AM
I'm going to chalk 2013 up to out-kicking the coverage that comes when an old team gets a new coach with some pedigree.

Reid is a fantastic players coach, but a HORRIBLE game day coach and I don't see him overcoming it.I'm not sure a players coach is even what you want anymore. The league has become so transient. Rosters shift so much year to year. Everything is mercenary.

And maybe I'm biased just from being here, but the teams with 'nice' coaches (vermeil, romeo, andy) all seem soft. Maybe it takes an asshole on the sideline to play with some violence.

RunKC
12-26-2014, 12:26 AM
I'm not sure a players coach is even what you want anymore. The league has become so transient. Rosters shift so much year to year. Everything is mercenary.

And maybe I'm biased just from being here, but the teams with 'nice' coaches (vermeil, romeo, andy) all seem soft. Maybe it takes an asshole on the sideline to play with some violence.

What do you mean? Carroll, Reid, Harbaugh, Tomlin and The other Harbaugh are big time players coaches. They love them and these coaches have had success.

I think a big part of it is balance. Can't be a players coach that's a dumbass like Herm but also can't be a prick like Haley.

splatbass
12-26-2014, 01:17 AM

Yup.

smith11
12-26-2014, 01:23 AM
You wouldn't think in Bradford's case. He doesn't have the (perceived) track record of other veteran QB's. He was the first guy I thought of that could do everything Alex is currently doing in this offense (minus the rushing ability) for about 22 million cheaper next year.

sam will do it all from a wheelchair as he is a china doll

Prison Bitch
12-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Another Alex Smith thread. Good work Discus

MahiMike
12-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Who's Karen Kornacki?

srvy
12-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Who's Karen Kornacki?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1AWbaa1NToQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

srvy
12-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Honestly we have our QBOTF in Murray. He will be legit in a couple of years

What have you seen of Murray that leads you to this conclusion? Not being a smart ass just just haven't seen anything out of the kid.

Dunerdr
12-26-2014, 10:53 AM
What have you seen of Murray that leads you to this conclusion? Not being a smart ass just just haven't seen anything out of the kid.

He's not Alex smith.

Dunerdr
12-26-2014, 10:53 AM
What do you mean? Carroll, Reid, Harbaugh, Tomlin and The other Harbaugh are big time players coaches. They love them and these coaches have had success.

I think a big part of it is balance. Can't be a players coach that's a dumbass like Herm but also can't be a prick like Haley.

Doesn't one of the harbaughs team hate him?

el borracho
12-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Merry Christmas you ****-asses.

Go on record. If you are in charge of the Chiefs, do you cut Alex Smith this offseason before his cap hit escalates?

If you say yes, then what's your biggest justification for doing so and what's your plan to replace him as starting QB.

If you say no, then what is your justification for keeping him.

Pole cumming.

No way in hell the Chiefs cut Smith and eat that giant shit sandwich of wasted picks and guaranteed money and a less than mediocre record in 2015. That would be career suicide for Dorsey or anyone magically instated as GM of the Chiefs at this point in time. The structure of Smith's contract makes it very unlikely that Smith goes anywhere until after the 2016 season so you might as well accept it. You are getting 32 more games exactly like the last 32 games. Sideways passes and 3 yard scrambles. Merry Christmas, Chiefs fans.

Dunerdr
12-26-2014, 11:10 AM
No way in hell the Chiefs cut Smith and eat that giant shit sandwich of wasted picks and guaranteed money and a less than mediocre record in 2015. That would be career suicide for Dorsey or anyone magically instated as GM of the Chiefs at this point in time. The structure of Smith's contract makes it very unlikely that Smith goes anywhere until after the 2016 season so you might as well accept it. You are getting 32 more games exactly like the last 32 games. Sideways passes and 3 yard scrambles. Merry Christmas, Chiefs fans.

Don't forget foot passes, back shoulder throws on crossing routes and the ever famous dump off.

Dunerdr
12-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Damn you Alex smith!

Valiant
12-29-2014, 02:34 AM
Keep Alex. And the reason I saw this is because I don't see jack shit at QB available this offseason. Marriotta is no different than an RG3 or Kaepernick. Spread offense bullshit doesn't work in the NFL and those QB's are most failing except for Big Ben.
Give Aaron Murray a REAL shot at winning the damn job. I still like the kid a lot.

And no, Alex is not hard to cut. IF you cut him June 1st this is his dead money compared to money we receive back to the cap.

Dead money is $3.6 million every year.

Here is the amount we get back to the cap.

15-$12 million
16-$14.2 million
17-$13.3 million
18-$17 million

So for example if we cut him this next June 1st, that's $14.4 million in dead money $56.5 million back to us. We get roughly THREE times as much as we lose this way.

Really? Pats and a few other teams ran the spread a lot and succeeded with it.. Now read option?? You have a point.. It gets tried every few years when certain type of QBs come out..