PDA

View Full Version : Football Fivehead Manning: least clutch QB in NFL history?

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 02:58 PM
1997 regular season – Manning is dominant in his final season for the Tennessee Volunteers, passing for 36 TD, 11 INT while leading the team to 32.9 PPG in the tough SEC. The best QB in college football finishes No. 2 in the Heisman voting, behind triple-theat performer Charles Woodson.

1997 postseason – Manning produces just a single TD through three quarters and is benched in the fourth quarter as the talent-laden No. 3 Volunteers get smoked by Nebraska, 42-17. Manning completes 21 of 31 for 131 yards, a dismal 4.2 YPA. He is benched in the fourth quarter for Tee Martin, who leads a scoring drive and then leads stacked Tennessee to the national title the following season.

1999 regular season – The Colts roll through the season with a 13-3 record behind second-year phenom Manning. They score 26.4 PPG, third in the NFL.

1999 postseason – Manning completes just 45.2% of his passes with 5.4 YPA and a 62.3 rating as the Colts lose to the Titans, 19-16, playing at home in the Indy dome no less. One and done in the playoffs.

2000 regular season – Manning is brilliant (33 TD, 15 INT, 94.7 rating), while leading the Colts to 26.8 PPG (fourth) and a 10-6 record.

2000 postseason – Manning again struggles to get the ball downfield, completing just 53.1% of his passes for 194 yards, 6.1 YPA and an ordinary 82.0 rating. The Colts lose in Miami, 23-17. One and done in the playoffs.

2002 regular season – The Colts are merely ordinary on offense but go 10-6 and earn a wildcard spot behind one of the league's better defenses: 19.6 PPG (7th). They earn a cushy draw against the 9-7 AFC East champion Jets.

2002 postseason – Manning and the Colts come up lame in one of the most dismal offensive performances in modern playoff history. He completes 45.2% of his passes for 137 yards, 4.4 YPA, 0 TD, 2 INT and a 31.2 rating. The Colts are embarrassed by the 9-7 Jets, 41-0. One and done in the playoffs.

2003 regular season – The Colts explode for 27.9 PPG (2nd) on their way to a 12-4 record and the AFC South crown. Manning wins his first NFL MVP award, sharing the honor with Steve McNair.

2003 postseason – MVP Manning finally enjoys his first postseason success leading the Colts to the AFC title game with a pair of brilliant playoff performances against the Broncos and Chiefs. Then his statistical chariot turned into a pumpkin, with four picks and a 35.5 rating in an ugly 24-14 loss at New England.

2004 regular season – MVP Manning sets the football world abuzz, throwing a record 49 TD passes while leading the Colts to 522 points and a 12-4 record. Manning wins his second consecutive league MVP award.

2004 postseason – Manning is brilliant against the Broncos in the wildcard round, as he was the year before. Then the NFL MVP shits the bed against the Patriots, with just 5.7 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT and a 69.3 rating in a 20-3 loss. Compared to regular-season production, it is arguably the worst offensive performance in the history of the NFL postseason – at least to that point.

2005 regular season – The mighty Colts are teed up on both sides of the ball to win the Super Bowl: No. 2 in scoring offense (27.4 PPG); No. 2 in scoring defense (15.4), on their way to a brilliant 14-2 record and No. 1 seed in the AFC. It sets up a week rest and a home game against the 11-5 Steelers. By now you know how this story ends.

2005 postseason – Manning didn't exactly shit the bed. But after another brilliant regular season, the offense struggles with its worst performance of the year, producing just 3 points through three quarters. The Colts lose at home to the Steelers, 21-18. One and done in the playoffs.

2006 regular season – The Colts score 26.7 PPG (2nd) on their way to a 12-4 record.

2006 postseason – Proving that even a blind squirrel can find a nut, Manning throws 3 TDs and 7 INTs in four postseason games, but bumbles his way to his only Super Bowl victory behind Indy's brilliant defensive play (16.3 PPG in postseason). He posts the lowest playoff passer rating of any Super Bowl-winning quarterback.

2007 regular season – The defending champs roll through the season with a 13-3 record behind a prolific offense (28.1 PPG; 3rd) and the league's best defense (16.4 PPG; 1st).

2007 postseason – Manning passes for 402 yards and 3 TDs against the visiting Chargers. But the game turns on two costly INTs in San Diego territory at the end of the first half and at the start of the second half. His third-quarter pass was picked off at the San Diego 3, costing the team critical points in a 28-24 loss. One and done in the playoffs.

2008 regular season – The Colts go 12-4, led by a defense that's No. 7 in the NFL in scoring (18.6 PPG). They go on the road in the wildcard round, but get another gimme draw against the 8-8 AFC West champion Chargers. With foil Tom Brady out all year with an injury, the path is paved for Manning and the Colts to win their second Super Bowl.

2008 postseason – Manning doesn't shit the bed. But he hardly looks like the NFL's Most Valuable Player against the average San Diego defense. The Colts struggle to find a groove in a 23-17 loss. One and done in the playoffs.

2009 regular season – The balanced Colts go 14-2 behind a strong offense (7th in scoring) and defense (8th), and another MVP performance by Manning (33 TD, 16 INT, 99.9 rating).

2009 postseason – Manning advances to the Super Bowl for the second time in his career. The MVP has a chance to tie the game and cement his legend in the fourth quarter. Instead, his pass his picked off by Tracy Porter, who returns it 74 yards for the game-clinching score. Colts lose to the Saints, 31-17, as Manning is outplayed by Drew Brees.

2010 regular season – The Colts struggle through a 10-6 season, but it's still enough to win the AFC South. Manning throws 33 TD passes and again leads one of the best offenses in football (27.2 PPG).

2010 postseason – Manning plays well, passing for 225 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT and a 108.7 rating on 26 attempts. But his team, as usual, suddenly struggles to score points in a critical game. The Colts lose at home to the Jets, 17-16. One and done in the playoffs.

2012 regular season – Manning's first year in Denver is a great success. The Broncos are stacked on both sides of the ball (No. 2 scoring offense; No. 4 scoring defense), go 13-3 and earn the AFC's No. 1 seed.

2012 postseason – Manning threw a pick-six and an ugly Favre-esque across-his-body overtime INT to seal Denver's fate in a 38-35 loss to the Ravens. The Broncos fail to win a game in which they produced two special teams touchdowns. One and done in the playoffs.

2013 regular season – The Broncos dominate the NFL behind Manning's fifth MVP performance. He throws a record 55 TD passes while leading the first 600-point team in NFL history (606).

2013 postseason – Manning takes shitting the bed to new levels in Super Bowl XLVIII. Hell, he shit all over the floor and the walls, too. Wide-eyed Manning muffs the first snap of the game, handing the Seahawks a gift 2-0 lead. He's picked off in Seattle territory later in the first quarter, and throws a pick-six at the end of the first half.

The greatest offense in NFL history is shutout for nearly three quarters, behind Manning's worst game of the season (5.7 YPA, 73.5 rating). The Denver offense, after scoring 37.9 PPG in the regular season, is humiliated in a 43-8 loss. It is easily the worst postseason offensive performance relative to regular season success in the Super Bowl Era, replacing Manning's 2004 Colts for that dishonor.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/no-debate-facts-show-tom-brady-better-than-peyton-manning/31873/

notorious
12-26-2014, 03:00 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Buehler445
12-26-2014, 03:45 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/98/9864d9686c2a60e874734568845812d1629df492dd414adb97d79dffc2502eb5.jpg

notorious
12-26-2014, 03:46 PM
LMAO

People are avoiding this thread like the plague, or they already know that Manning rewrote the book on choking.

Bugeater
12-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Yeah he sucks. So glad he's not our QB.

Just Passin' By
12-26-2014, 03:48 PM
LMAO

Buehler445
12-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah he sucks. So glad he's not our QB.

This thread is for Hootie.

Jim Lahey
12-26-2014, 03:54 PM
He really thrived in that afc south dumpster fire

notorious
12-26-2014, 03:54 PM
This thread is for Hootie.

And a very well-done thread, BTW.

Chiefspants
12-26-2014, 03:57 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/ijoJB1vGhLdde/giphy.gif

Al Czervik
12-26-2014, 03:58 PM
And a very well-done thread, BTW.

Exactly....
Hootard would rather argue with Ram fan than enter this thread.....

Just Passin' By
12-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Does anyone have the list of QBs who've been attempting a tying, or go ahead, drive in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, only to throw a pick 6?

O.city
12-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Clutch is such an overused sports cliché

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 04:09 PM
I will say Fivehead has some tough competition from this guy:

http://youtu.be/vUzUxJXgLvo

LiveSteam
12-26-2014, 04:45 PM
We pulled a 4 ft Manning Gar out of the Missouri river this summer. Bugs has the pics

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Now it's Phillip's turn. Someone start a thread

GloryDayz
12-26-2014, 04:52 PM
WHY THE FUCK HAVE THE LETTERS "MANNING" (IN THAT ORDER) NOT BEEN REPLACED WITH A PILE OF DOG SHIT "SMILE"!

Hootie
12-26-2014, 05:09 PM
I did the same thing to Tom Brady - but unfortunately - Tom Brady doesn't have a Super Bowl win in the middle of it.

And Peyton Manning did drive his team down the field to win the game against the Ravens in the 4th quarter in 2012. Rahim Moore then committed the worst play in defensive history. But hey, at least Peyton made it close. Tom followed it up the next week losing by 3 scores to that same team @ home in Foxboro having a totally horrendous game, per the usual for Tom Brady since Spygate.

WhiteWhale
12-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Should add an addendum for that 2005 steelers game.

Manning threw a pick in the 4th quarter on the final drive. Refs did some mental gymnastics and overturned it and gave him a mulligan.

He threw that game away and got a do-over. I mean they still lost, but he threw that game away.

Still, less clutch QB's exist right now. Andy Dalton comes to mind...

Hootie
12-26-2014, 05:11 PM
But, clearly you can make each QB look like a choker - but this thread is great @ proving the hypocrisy towards the two QB's ...

this one is welcomed to the board as fact

the Tom Brady one was mocked

Yet Tom's last decade in the postseason is WORSE than the one listed in the OP

Imagine that.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 05:12 PM
Should add an addendum for that 2005 steelers game.

Manning threw a pick in the 4th quarter on the final drive. Refs did some mental gymnastics and overturned it and gave him a mulligan.

He threw that game away and got a do-over.

Manning didn't play well, no doubt.

But, he did get his team into field goal range to take the game into OT ...

and Mike Vanderjagt pushed the field goal about 80 yards right (worst FG attempt I've ever seen)

Must be nice to be CLUTCH Tom and get to watch your kicker make 45 yard field goals in a blizzard to keep your team alive and then any and every clutch Super Bowl game winning kick thrown his way

Hootie
12-26-2014, 05:14 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K1HPEd_PPAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhiteWhale
12-26-2014, 05:16 PM
I did the same thing to Tom Brady - but unfortunately - Tom Brady doesn't have a Super Bowl win in the middle of it.

And Peyton Manning did drive his team down the field to win the game against the Ravens in the 4th quarter in 2012. Rahim Moore then committed the worst play in defensive history. But hey, at least Peyton made it close. Tom followed it up the next week losing by 3 scores to that same team @ home in Foxboro having a totally horrendous game, per the usual for Tom Brady since Spygate.

I'm assuming based on your obsession w/ Brady that you view him as the clear cut 2nd best QB of all time.

I think they're both padded by a league that's soft on QB's, and neither guy is particularly clutch at all. Still two of the best of all time.

Hootie
Imagine if Adam Vinatieri did that a few times ...

then even Spygate Brady would be questioned

I think it's hilarious that no one cares about Spygate anymore. Kudos to Goodell (stand up guy) sweeping that under the rug. Imagine if people stopped caring about steroids in baseball. Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa would be paraded as heroes.

WhiteWhale
Manning didn't play well, no doubt.

But, he did get his team into field goal range to take the game into OT ...

and Mike Vanderjagt pushed the field goal about 80 yards right (worst FG attempt I've ever seen)

Must be nice to be CLUTCH Tom and get to watch your kicker make 45 yard field goals in a blizzard to keep your team alive and then any and every clutch Super Bowl game winning kick thrown his way

Right. On the play by play you can't blame him... but he flat out threw that game away on the drive and the refs gave him a mulligan.

Again, your obsession with Brady is just weird.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm assuming based on your obsession w/ Brady that you view him as the clear cut 2nd best QB of all time.

I think they're both padded by a league that's soft on QB's, and neither guy is particularly clutch at all. Still two of the best of all time.

Absolutely this.

My purpose for the entire Tom Brady thread was to show the board how hypocritical it is when it comes to these QB's.

The fact they think one is a choker and the other is clutch is hysterical to me, and I proved it to be false, yet no one wanted to listen, only to chastise me. It is what it is. People only will believe what they want to.

WhiteWhale
12-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Imagine if Adam Vinatieri did that a few times ...

then even Spygate Brady would be questioned

I think it's hilarious that no one cares about Spygate anymore. Kudos to Goodell (stand up guy) sweeping that under the rug. Imagine if people stopped caring about steroids in baseball. Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa would be paraded as heroes.

We were talking about Manning.

Brady should only enter the picture when discussing their play against each other head-to-head. He's not the only other QB in the history of football.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Right. On the play by play you can't blame him... but he flat out threw that game away on the drive and the refs gave him a mulligan.

Again, your obsession with Brady is just weird.

The game was actually over had it not been for the ridiculous Jerome Bettis fumble that neither of us has mentioned.

And the game was an Indy win if Ben Roethlisberger didn't make the most ridiculous open field tackle a QB has ever made on that very fumble.

And the game was an Indy win if the dumbass defender who picked up the fumble didn't try and run through Roethlisberger and took it the sideline route like any other player in NFL history would've done.

But yeah, WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID, we still got to see the value of a clutch kicker over the value of a shithead kicker in this very game.

Brady had the best kicker, the best coach, a great defense and Spygate for his 3 Super Bowls. Job was a little easier for him, eh?

Hootie
12-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Brady is 0-2 against Manning in the postseason since Spygate.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 05:21 PM
This is clutch QB play LMAO

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FUcDGLHCOi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhiteWhale
12-26-2014, 05:24 PM
Absolutely this.

My purpose for the entire Tom Brady thread was to show the board how hypocritical it is when it comes to these QB's.

The fact they think one is a choker and the other is clutch is hysterical to me, and I proved it to be false, yet no one wanted to listen, only to chastise me. It is what it is. People only will believe what they want to.

I can't speak for everyone, but Brady lost all of his clutch shine after the spygate/brady's celebrity hitting critical mass (they happened at the same time).

I think you bring up brady because that comparison is the only way you can defend Manning's demonstrable record of coming up small in big moments.

WhiteWhale
12-26-2014, 05:27 PM
I admit, I have not followed how far Brady is defended as 'clutch' in this forum but when I bash manning, the 'Manning is a golden god" generation (almost everyone under 30) starts talking about Brady automatically as if he's somehow applicable to Manning's choke history.

I'm tired of people arguing like these guys are the clear cut 1/2 QB's of all time.

WhiteWhale
12-26-2014, 05:29 PM
The game was actually over had it not been for the ridiculous Jerome Bettis fumble that neither of us has mentioned.

And the game was an Indy win if Ben Roethlisberger didn't make the most ridiculous open field tackle a QB has ever made on that very fumble.

And the game was an Indy win if the dumbass defender who picked up the fumble didn't try and run through Roethlisberger and took it the sideline route like any other player in NFL history would've done.

But yeah, WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID, we still got to see the value of a clutch kicker over the value of a shithead kicker in this very game.

Brady had the best kicker, the best coach, a great defense and Spygate for his 3 Super Bowls. Job was a little easier for him, eh?

You like deflecting. None of those plays had anything to do with Manning.

I'm talking about when he threw that pick on the final drive and the refs gave him a mulligan. You know... Manning throwing an INT in a big moment. A very non-clutch thing to do.

jjchieffan
12-26-2014, 05:44 PM
I've said it over and over. Peyton Manning is the Marty Schottenheimer of quarterbacks. Great in the regular season, but in the postseason, he's worthless. I think because of that, he's the most over rated quarterback ever.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 05:50 PM
I did the same thing to Tom Brady - but unfortunately - Tom Brady wasn't dragged kicking and screaming by his defense and the refs to a Super Bowl "win" against the worst SB opponent ever in the middle of it.

fify

rico
12-26-2014, 05:51 PM
So according to stats, who would be considered the most clutch QB in postseason history?

lewdog
12-26-2014, 05:51 PM
He once beat the Rex GROSSman led Bears in a Super Bowl. Man, that was tough!

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 05:53 PM
Now it's Phillip's turn. Someone start a thread

Rivers has not had the greatest career... but nobody calls him the GOAT, he has always had mediocre-to-terrible head coaches and the one time he had a "stacked" team, AJ Smith blew it all up for the sake of his ego.

If anything, LT was the choker. Most overrated player in franchise history, I've never seen a player more scared of the playoffs.

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 05:58 PM

ROFL

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 05:59 PM

This was the best reaction gif I've seen for some time.

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 06:00 PM
GoChargers has always been pretty nice on this thing.

Crying Ramtard
12-26-2014, 06:02 PM
I've said it over and over. Peyton Manning is the Marty Schottenheimer of quarterbacks. Great in the regular season, but in the postseason, he's worthless. I think because of that, he's the most over rated quarterback ever.

LOL your cliché reasoning is invalid-Marty doesn't have one and hasn't been there ever as opposed to 3 times. Sports cliché pseudo logic from stupid fans is so very amusing

http://i.imwx.com/web/news/2012/february/peyton-manning-sb41-440x571.jpg

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:04 PM
I don't get this whole "Peyton's defense carried him to a Super Bowl" thing.

He played terribly against the Chiefs in the WC game. We all saw that. It was also 16-0 and the Chiefs didn't get a 1st down for like 40 minutes of that game. It was never in doubt.

After that, he played another shitty game (by Peyton's standards) in the divisional.

And then all he did was bring his team back from an 18 point 1st half deficit including orchestrating a game winning TD drive against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in the AFCCG ...

and then, down 10 in the Super Bowl, he posts one of the most efficient games in a Super Bowl as his team controls the ball for 39 minutes against A DEFENSE SO GOOD they got Rex Grossman to a Super Bowl.

The bullshit about Peyton being carried to his only Super Bowl is just that ... bullshit.

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 06:08 PM
I think Peyton is pretty funny outside his lame commercials - I think his SNL work was pretty dang good.

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 06:10 PM
I guess it's too early to ask if Peyton can get ten wins next season - but it'll be interesting to see.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:11 PM
I don't get this whole "Peyton's defense carried him to a Super Bowl" thing.

He played terribly against the Chiefs in the WC game. We all saw that. It was also 16-0 and the Chiefs didn't get a 1st down for like 40 minutes of that game. It was never in doubt.

After that, he played another shitty game (by Peyton's standards) in the divisional.

And then all he did was bring his team back from an 18 point 1st half deficit including orchestrating a game winning TD drive against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in the AFCCG ...

and then, down 10 in the Super Bowl, he posts one of the most efficient games in a Super Bowl as his team controls the ball for 39 minutes against A DEFENSE SO GOOD they got Rex Grossman to a Super Bowl.

The bullshit about Peyton being carried to his only Super Bowl is just that ... bullshit.

2006 postseason – Proving that even a blind squirrel can find a nut, Manning throws 3 TDs and 7 INTs in four postseason games, but bumbles his way to his only Super Bowl victory behind Indy's brilliant defensive play (16.3 PPG in postseason). He posts the lowest playoff passer rating of any Super Bowl-winning quarterback.

He was carried, period.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:16 PM
ESPN goes back to 2006 with Total QBR.

Here are Peyton and Tom in every postseason since 2006 with QBR and rankings out of the postseason QB's:

2006:

Peyton 60.6 (1)
Tom 60.2 (2)

2007:

Peyton 77.4 (1)
Tom 61.5 (5)

2008:

Peyton 75.4 (1)
Tom N/A

2009:

Peyton 79.9 (3)
Tom 4.2 (12/last)

2010:

Peyton 74.3 (3)
Tom 8.7 (10)

2011:

Peyton N/A
Tom 74.8 (4)

2012:

Peyton 56.4 (8)
Tom 57.3 (7)

2013:

Peyton 77.4 (2)
Tom 70.0 (6)

Just another stat that clearly shows Peyton Manning is a huge postseason choker and Tom Brady is a clutch postseason magician.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:19 PM

He was carried, period.

Well, you're just wrong.

I can't imagine a QB down 21-3 against Tom Brady in the AFCCG was carried to the Super Bowl.

And I can't imagine a QB, who dominates the T.O.P. at a clip of 38:04 - 21:56 in the Super Bowl, wins said MVP, and rallies back from down 8 was "carried" to the Super Bowl win playing against a defense SO GOOD they carried Rex Grossman to a Super Bowl.

Anything else, skippy?

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:20 PM
TD:INT ratio means absolutely nothing, by the way.

Not a thing.

It is totally meaningless how a team scores offensively as long as they are scoring.

Peyton Manning's QBR in that postseason was the same QBR Tom Brady posted in the postseason in 2007 playing with the greatest offense ever (to that point).

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:21 PM
ESPN goes back to 2006 with Total QBR.

Here are Peyton and Tom in every postseason since 2006 with QBR and rankings out of the postseason QB's:

2006:

Peyton 60.6 (1)
Tom 60.2 (2)

2007:

Peyton 77.4 (1)
Tom 61.5 (5)

2008:

Peyton 75.4 (1)
Tom N/A

2009:

Peyton 79.9 (3)
Tom 4.2 (12/last)

2010:

Peyton 74.3 (3)
Tom 8.7 (10)

2011:

Peyton N/A
Tom 74.8 (4)

2012:

Peyton 56.4 (8)
Tom 57.3 (7)

2013:

Peyton 77.4 (2)
Tom 70.0 (6)

Just another stat that clearly shows Peyton Manning is a huge postseason choker and Tom Brady is a clutch postseason magician.

Another epic fail of an argument. ESPN recalculated that stat years ago to remove the part of the formula that included clutch (high-leverage) situations. So no, that stat by itself doesn't do shit to prove who's more clutch.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Peyton has much better regular season stats, better postseason stats, and has statistically outplayed Brady in every postseason sans 1 since 2006 including being 2-0 in heads up matches yet PEYTON CHOKES and TOM IS CLUTCH

So ridiculous.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Another epic fail of an argument. ESPN recalculated that stat years ago to remove the part of the formula that included clutch (high-leverage) situations. So no, that stat by itself doesn't do shit to prove who's more clutch.

Wrong.

Read the glossary at the end.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/2013/seasontype/3

TOTAL EPA: Total clutch-weighted expected points added.

anything else, junior?

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Peyton has much better regular season stats, better postseason stats, and has statistically outplayed Brady in every postseason sans 1 since 2006 including being 2-0 in heads up matches yet PEYTON CHOKES and TOM IS CLUTCH

So ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is your obsession with Brady. I don't care who people compare Fivehead to, having that many one-and-dones, that many offensive failures in big games, that many picks and pick-sixes in clutch moments means he's a choker.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:24 PM
I actually read that wrong. They all include clutch-weighted stats:

* Season Leaders: On pace for 250 action plays.
* All-time data reflects 2006 onwards.
PASS EPA: Clutch-weighted expected points added on plays with pass attempts.
RUN EPA: Clutch-weighted expected points added through rushes.
SACK EPA: Clutch-weighted expected points added (lost) on sacks.
PEN EPA: Clutch-weighted expected points added on penalties.
ACT PLAYS: Plays on which the QB has a non-zero expected points contribution. Includes most plays that are not handoffs.
QB PAR: Number of points contributed by a quarterback over the season, accounting for QBR and how much he plays, above the level of a quarterback who plays very rarely and is on the fringe of the NFL.
QB PAA: Number of points contributed by a quarterback over the season, accounting for QBR and how much he plays, above the level of an average quarterback.
TOTAL QBR: Total Quarterback Rating, which values quarterback on all play types on a 0-to-100 scale.

So, since 2006, Peyton Manning has been the clutchest QB in the postseason 3 times to Tom's 0 and has been rated more clutch every single postseason except for 1, when Tom finished 7th and Peyton 8th.

Wow.

The stats are really pointing in Tom's direction.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:25 PM
would you like the rest of my rape stick to be inserted or would you like me to just keep it at half way?

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Wrong.

Read the glossary at the end.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/2013/seasontype/3

anything else, junior?

"My sense is that Total QBR is underutilized because (1) ESPN haters hate it because it’s an ESPN statistic, (2) it’s proprietary, and (3) analytics types disliked it because of the (now-eliminated) clutch rating."

http://www.footballperspective.com/is-espns-qbr-the-best-measure-of-quarterback-play/

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Dude, I just linked you to the fucking ESPN site where it explains how QBR is calculated:

ACT PLAYS: Plays on which the QB has a non-zero expected points contribution. Includes most plays that are not handoffs.
QB PAR: Number of points contributed by a quarterback over the season, accounting for QBR and how much he plays, above the level of a quarterback who plays very rarely and is on the fringe of the NFL.
QB PAA: Number of points contributed by a quarterback over the season, accounting for QBR and how much he plays, above the level of an average quarterback.
TOTAL QBR: Total Quarterback Rating, which values quarterback on all play types on a 0-to-100 scale.

I'm just gonna shove the whole thing in.

gold_and_red
12-26-2014, 06:29 PM

So, since 2006, Peyton Manning has been the clutchest QB in the postseason 3 times to Tom's 0 and has been rated more clutch every single postseason except for 1, when Tom finished 7th and Peyton 8th.

Wow.

Do stats account for in-game situations? Peyton probably has the habit of the blockbuster game changing play that people remember while Brady is a steady dose of suck...

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:29 PM
now is a good time to link that one fanboy article from coldhardfootballfacts.com (whatever the fuck that is) to try and stop the bleeding

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:32 PM

Wow.

Again with the Brady obsession. This thread is about Fivehead's chokes, not Brady. At the end of the day, this is what people will remember:

11-12 in the playoffs (most playoff losses ever by a QB)

8 one-and-dones

2 of the worst declines of offensive production from regular season to postseason (2004, 2013)

Countless interceptions in clutch moments, most notably Tracy Porter's title-clinching pick

He is the biggest choker EVER.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:33 PM
There is a simple reason why the majority of people (on this site and off) think Peyton Manning is a choker and Tom Brady is clutch:

It's because any time Manning loses, it's automatically his fault. Always has been, always will be.

When Brady loses, it's always everyone else's fault. The line wasn't good enough. His skill players were hurt. His team was overmatched.

In the history of their careers, Manning has never had line protection issues, his skill players have always been hall of fame caliber, and his coaching has always been superb.

When he loses, it's 100% on him.

Brady? No. No way. He's never at fault.

At least that's what I've learned watching the two play the last 15 years.

Just Passin' By
12-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Peyton has much better regular season stats

No, he doesn't. That's part of what's so amusing about watching you flail about in your attempts to keep Manning's balls clean.

But this thread's about Peyton Manning, and the reality that he gags like a small-mouthed woman doing an oral scene with Lex Steele.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Again with the Brady obsession. This thread is about Fivehead's chokes, not Brady. At the end of the day, this is what people will remember:

11-12 in the playoffs (most playoff losses ever by a QB)

8 one-and-dones

2 of the worst declines of offensive production from regular season to postseason (2004, 2013)

Countless interceptions in clutch moments, most notably Tracy Porter's title-clinching pick

He is the biggest choker EVER.

Ok, so instead of admitting I was right about all of those statistics, you're just going to ignore them, and then deflect by posting this.

Got it.

I hope you can walk ok tomorrow, champ.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Ok, so instead of admitting I was right about all of those statistics, you're just going to ignore them, and then deflect by posting this.

Got it.

I hope you can walk ok tomorrow, champ.

You are the one who's deflecting. Your Brady obsession is just one big ongoing deflection, because you can't handle the fact that Fivehead is the Karl Malone of the NFL.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:37 PM
No, he doesn't. That's part of what's so amusing about watching you flail about in your attempts to keep Manning's balls clean.

Please explain how Peyton Manning doesn't have better regular season statistics than Tom Brady. I would love to hear it.

Regular season QBR since established in 2006:

Tom:

Peyton:

And before 2006, it wasn't even god damn close.

So, tl;dr: you're and idiot

notorious
12-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Flacco, which you despise, carried his team to a superbowl championship, something that Manning has NEVER done.

:eek:

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:39 PM
You are the one who's deflecting. Your Brady obsession is just one big ongoing deflection, because you can't handle the fact that Fivehead is the Karl Malone of the NFL.

I've disproved everyone for a week straight now using game recaps, game situations and ACTUAL STATISTICS.

S
T
A
T
I
S
T
I
C
S

every statistic, even the ones that are CLUTCH WEIGHTED, point to PEYTON MANNING.

EVERY
SINGLE
ONE

What have I gotten in return?

People just saying "no! no! no! Tom is better! you're dumb!"

that's a really good statistic and fact based post, I agree

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Flacco, which you despise, carried his team to a superbowl championship, something that Manning has NEVER done.

In before "it's all Rahim Moore and John Fox's fault," in other words, the same thing he accuses Brady fans of doing. And of course he won't mention that atrocious interception from you-know-who in OT.

notorious
12-26-2014, 06:40 PM
This only became Manning vs. Brady when you made it so, Hootie.

GoChargers was just pointing out the obvious about Manning and you took it for a ride.

notorious
12-26-2014, 06:41 PM
In before "it's all Rahim Moore and John Fox's fault," in other words, the same thing he accuses Brady fans of doing. And of course he won't mention that atrocious interception from you-know-who in OT.

It's like fishin' with dynamite. LMAO

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:41 PM

so

would you take 5 years of Joe Flacco aged 25-30 or 5 years of Peyton Manning aged 25-30

In fact, if I told you Peyton Manning was going to play 5 more seasons, would you take Peyton Manning for the next 5 or Joe Flacco for the next 5?

I would like to know.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:43 PM
so

would you take 5 years of Joe Flacco aged 25-30 or 5 years of Peyton Manning aged 25-30

In fact, if I told you Peyton Manning was going to play 5 more seasons, would you take Peyton Manning for the next 5 or Joe Flacco for the next 5?

I would like to know.

I'd definitely rather have Flacco come playoff time as opposed to Sir Gags-a-Lot.

notorious
so

I would like to know.

You hate Flacco, yet he has done something that Manning hasn't even though Manning has had what seems like 20 tries.

I find it funny how you make war over Manning like he's your husband.

Hootie

Rahim Moore made the worst play in defensive history, the worst ... and John Fox, because John Fox, elected to run on 3rd and 7 when 1 first down wouldn't have even put them in position to get Rahim Moore'd and then take a knee after the Rahim Moore rather than try for a FG.

And then yes, Peyton made an AWFUL, AWFUL throw in OT. Awful.

HOWEVER ... at least his team made it that far.

The following week, in the AFCCG, Tom Brady shit his pants, repeatedly, and the Ravens mopped the floor with the Pats in Foxboro.

So at least Manning led his team to what should have been a game winning TD drive capped by a game winning TD throw, you know, until Rahim Moore (who I would've cut immediately after the game).

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:45 PM
LMAO

Only on ChiefsPlanet.com would someone(s) take JOE FLACCO over PEYTON MANNING.

Do you realize how fucking stupid that is?

LMFAO

I mean, wtffffffff lmao

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm arguing with people who would take Joe Flacco over Peyton Manning. What a waste of fucking time. I mean, that's just ... all-time stupid.

notorious
12-26-2014, 06:46 PM
LMAO

Only on ChiefsPlanet.com would someone(s) take JOE FLACCO over PEYTON MANNING.

Do you realize how ****ing stupid that is?

LMFAO

I mean, wtffffffff lmao

Someone said they would take him in the playoffs, but the rest is your imagination.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:46 PM
I'll give ChiefsPlanet credit, though

last week

Mark Sanchez
Jimmy Clausen
AND
Geno Smith

started a game in the NFL

this site really knows their QB's!

notorious
12-26-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm arguing with people who would take Joe Flacco over Peyton Manning. What a waste of ****ing time. I mean, that's just ... all-time stupid.

LMAO

You are the guy that is constantly at battle over anything Manning.

I just read a thread stating facts, and you are acting like an emotional prom date.

Just Passin' By
12-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Please explain how Peyton Manning doesn't have better regular season statistics than Tom Brady. I would love to hear it.

Regular season QBR since established in 2006:

Tom:

Peyton:

And before 2006, it wasn't even god damn close.

So, tl;dr: you're and idiot

Try evening out the playing field, slick. Manning was a dome boy for almost all of his life. Also, stop with the QBR bullshit.

Dome v. Dome
Rest v. Rest

Go for it! :thumb:

notorious
Try evening out the playing field, slick. Manning was a dome boy for almost all of his life.

Dome v. Dome
Rest v. Rest

Yet another fact.

Simply Red
I bet Brady had a better Christmas break than Manning.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:49 PM
Someone said they would take him in the playoffs, but the rest is your imagination.

I posted a clutch weighted statistic (QBR) where Peyton Manning has been the best QB in the postseason 3 times.

Here is Joe Flacco (in order):

Flacco

N/A (did not make playoffs due to being super shitty in the regular season)

CHIEFSPLANET.COM, EVERYONE

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:49 PM
Rahim Moore made the worst play in defensive history, the worst ... and John Fox, because John Fox, elected to run on 3rd and 7 when 1 first down wouldn't have even put them in position to get Rahim Moore'd and then take a knee after the Rahim Moore rather than try for a FG.

And then yes, Peyton made an AWFUL, AWFUL throw in OT. Awful.

HOWEVER ... at least his team made it that far.

The following week, in the AFCCG, Tom Brady shit his pants, repeatedly, and the Ravens mopped the floor with the Pats in Foxboro.

So at least Manning led his team to what should have been a game winning TD drive capped by a game winning TD throw, you know, until Rahim Moore (who I would've cut immediately after the game).
All this crying about Moore's play ignores the fact that the Donks also got fucking lucky with Holliday returning two kicks to the house. The fact that Fivehead STILL gagged it away is incredible.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm arguing with people who would take Joe Flacco over Peyton Manning. What a waste of fucking time. I mean, that's just ... all-time stupid.

You would rather have Alice Smiff than Derek Carr. LMAO

Hootie
Try evening out the playing field, slick. Manning was a dome boy for almost all of his life. Also, stop with the QBR bullshit.

Dome v. Dome
Rest v. Rest

why should I stop with the QBR "bullshit"?

Because it doesn't support this ridiculous notion that Tom Brady = clutch and Peyton Manning = choker?

notorious
Hootie will never give up.

I admire and feel sorry for him at the same time.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Just Passin' By
12-26-2014, 06:52 PM
why should I stop with the QBR "bullshit"?

Because it doesn't support this ridiculous notion that Tom Brady = clutch and Peyton Manning = choker?

:spock:

Because QBR is garbage, regardless of how it views Brady and/or Manning.

PFF is the same way, too. People who have to resort to those already know their arguments suck.

Just Passin' By
Hootie will never give up.

I admire and feel sorry for him at the same time.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Just knock on the cage every once in a while, and watch him lose his mind. ;)

Hootie
All this crying about Moore's play ignores the fact that the Donks also got fucking lucky with Holliday returning two kicks to the house. The fact that Fivehead STILL gagged it away is incredible.

how is that "luck", and how do you determine what Manning would have done on those drives where they were returned?

It's a butterfly effect. You have no idea how the game would have turned out had those two kicks not been returned.

Both returns, if I remember correctly, were when Denver was either leading or tied ...

so it has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of that game. None.

Manning put them ahead LATE in the 4th quarter. Flacco threw a 3rd and long DESPERATION HAIL MARY PUNT and the defender made THE WORST PLAY in the history of the NFL.

Or will you not admit that was a bad play? Are you trying to say that Joe Flacco made a clutch play there?

Seriously, I'm curious.

lewdog
12-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Hootie, if Manning wins another Super Bowl will you get a tattoo of his face?

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:54 PM
:spock:

Because QBR is garbage, regardless of how it views Brady and/or Manning.

PFF is the same way, too. People who have to resort to those already know their arguments suck.

?

I'm backing up my opinion with statistics and game recaps.

You tried posting a blog article from coldhardfootballfacts.com to show Brady is better than Manning you fucking

wait for it

H
Y
P
O
C
R
I
T
E

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Holliday got cut the following season for being a slapdick who constantly fumbled on returns. Him of all people taking two kicks all the way in a game is the definition of a fluke. Even when being given that gift, Fivehead STILL found a way to choke.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Hootie, if Manning wins another Super Bowl will you get a tattoo of his face?

there is this misconception that I am a Peyton Manning fan

I like him, but I could care less if he wins or loses. I think he's the best QB I've ever seen and I love watching good QB play (sucks being a Chiefs fan)

I'm just trying to dispel the myth that Tom Brady is clutch. He's not clutch. He's just a good QB. He's the 2nd best QB I've ever seen.

I hate when people make shit up and it sticks.

Kobe is clutch. uhm, why? how? Please. Give me an example. I can give 10 Finals examples of MJ being clutch. Give me 1 NBA Finals Kobe Bryant clutch moment. *crickets*

I cringe when I hear about Tom Brady being clutch. Wtf has he done that is clutch? Lead his team to 45+ yard FG drives to win Super Bowls 10+ years ago?

And he still gets to parade around as being "clutch" even though he's had 8 straight playoff exits with some pretty bad performances mixed in?

Really?

Why?

It's truly baffling.

lewdog
12-26-2014, 06:59 PM
there is this misconception that I am a Peyton Manning fan

I like him, but I could care less if he wins or loses. I think he's the best QB I've ever seen and I love watching good QB play (sucks being a Chiefs fan)

I'm just trying to dispel the myth that Tom Brady is clutch. He's not clutch. He's just a good QB. He's the 2nd best QB I've ever seen.

I hate when people make shit up and it sticks.

Kobe is clutch. uhm, why? how? Please. Give me an example. I can give 10 Finals examples of MJ being clutch. Give me 1 NBA Finals Kobe Bryant clutch moment. *crickets*

I cringe when I hear about Tom Brady being clutch. Wtf has he done that is clutch? Lead his team to 45+ yard FG drives to win Super Bowls 10+ years ago?

And he still gets to parade around as being "clutch" even though he's had 8 straight playoff exits with some pretty bad performances mixed in?

Really?

Why?

It's truly baffling.

I don't know anyone that thinks Kobe is clutch. He's a known choker. And a douche.

Hootie
Holliday got cut the following season for being a slapdick who constantly fumbled on returns. Him of all people taking two kicks all the way in a game is the definition of a fluke. Even when being given that gift, Fivehead STILL found a way to choke.

what does this have to do with anything?

they were at the beginning of each half

1 put them up 7-0 (we have no idea what Denver would have done on this drive)

1 put them up 28-21 (we have no idea what Denver would have done on this drive)

are you trying to imply that, without those returns, Baltimore would have won easily?

If so, please, explain.

(actually, please don't, because it'll be FUCKING stupid, you moron)

Just Passin' By
?

I'm backing up my opinion with statistics and game recaps.

You tried posting a blog article from coldhardfootballfacts.com to show Brady is better than Manning you ****ing

wait for it

H
Y
P
O
C
R
I
T
E

We already proved that you're the hyprocrite in the Brady thread. Get a new Schtick.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Kobe is just like Fivehead. A choker and a selfish control freak who was dragged to championships by his teammates, but is extremely overrated by the media anyway.

MagicHef
12-26-2014, 07:00 PM

Dome v. Dome
Rest v. Rest

Why would you want to point out that Manning is better outside than Brady? That doesn't help your argument.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 07:05 PM
We already proved that you're the hyprocrite in the Brady thread. Get a new Schtick.

I've posted actual game situations, recaps, and clutch-weighted statistics.

You've posted a blog from a website called coldhardfootballfacts.com.

my rape stick is getting raw

Hootie
12-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Why would you want to point out that Manning is better outside than Brady? That doesn't help your argument.

coldonehundredpercenttrueandfullyresearchedhardfootballprofessionalstatisticsilovetomebradyheshotfac ts.com says Brady > Manning so he just is

Just Passin' By
12-26-2014, 07:08 PM

He's not.

Just Passin' By
12-26-2014, 07:09 PM

Your own words proved you were a lying hypocrite. Try again.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 07:10 PM

You don't have a "rape stick." You have a "post more than anyone else in the thread while never really saying anything, YELL A LOT IN ALL CAPS, and then declare victory" stick.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 07:15 PM
never really saying anything?

Wow. That's about the most hypocritical thing I've ever read.

I posted every statistic possible to show that Manning is actually better in the postseason than Tom Brady.

Now, if you want to use Brady 18-8 and Manning 11-12 and forget that Brady started 9-0 and that his team and coach were later penalized for cheating during those years (spygate) and that the evidence was so damning the corrupt commissioner (Roger Goodell) had to destroy it, then sure, I will concede that 10+ years ago the Patriots were the best team in the NFL and they had the last true NFL dynasty (which was fueled by cheating) and Tom Brady was the QB of the team in which Patriots fans on this board have said the defenses during those dynasties were 2nd to only the 1985 Bears.

So yes, I will concede that 10-13 years ago Tom Brady was a great game managing QB and managed his way to 9 straight playoff wins until they had to stop cheating.

Crying Ramtard
12-26-2014, 07:17 PM
You don't have a "rape stick." You have a "post more than anyone else in the thread while never really saying anything, YELL A LOT IN ALL CAPS, and then declare victory" stick.

the dumbest aspect of the text generation

'don't type in caps,its like yelling'

NO IT ISNT YOU STUPID DUMB ASSES. iTS JUST TWICE THE SIZE LETTERS THAT ARE EASIER TO READ. if YOU ARE ACTUALLY UPSET OR BOTHERED OR YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE GOES UP BECAUSE OF SLIGHTLY LARGER LETTERS. iT JUST MEANS YOU ARE A STUPID SENSITIVE PUSSY AND NEED TO GROW UP.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 07:21 PM
never really saying anything?

Wow. That's about the most hypocritical thing I've ever read.

I posted every statistic possible to show that Manning is actually better in the postseason than Tom Brady.

Now, if you want to use Brady 18-8 and Manning 11-12 and forget that Brady started 9-0 and that his team and coach were later penalized for cheating during those years (spygate) and that the evidence was so damning the corrupt commissioner (Roger Goodell) had to destroy it, then sure, I will concede that 10+ years ago the Patriots were the best team in the NFL and they had the last true NFL dynasty (which was fueled by cheating) and Tom Brady was the QB of the team in which Patriots fans on this board have said the defenses during those dynasties were 2nd to only the 1985 Bears.

So yes, I will concede that 10-13 years ago Tom Brady was a great game managing QB and managed his way to 9 straight playoff wins until they had to stop cheating.

For the millionth time, nobody cares about Brady. Fivehead has the most playoff losses in NFL history.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 07:23 PM
the dumbest aspect of the text generation
The irony of you calling anybody or anything dumb. ROFL

Hootie
12-26-2014, 07:28 PM
the difference is

in Peyton's 23 playoff appearances he's always been the BEST and most important player on his team

he gets injured, his playoff team musters 2 whole wins

tom gets injured, Cassel wins 11

Tom gets injured, Drew gets them to the Super Bowl (road game nonetheless)

can you really say that, in all 26 games Tom has QB'd in the postseason, he has been his team's BEST and MOST IMPORTANT player?

Be truthful now.

Crying Ramtard
12-26-2014, 07:32 PM
For the millionth time, nobody cares about Brady. Fivehead has the most playoff losses in NFL history.

well.. yeah...because you actually have to get to playoff games to lose them.

that's success that the Chiefs and their recent QB will never have

Crying Ramtard
12-26-2014, 07:34 PM
The irony of you calling anybody or anything dumb. ROFL

not one damn thing is ironic about it. Not one damn thing. I know I am more right then I have ever been about anything in my life

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 07:35 PM
the difference is

in Peyton's 23 playoff appearances he's always been the BEST and most important player on his team

Biggest choker on his team, too.

GloucesterChief
12-26-2014, 07:36 PM
the difference is

he gets injured, his playoff team musters 2 whole wins

tom gets injured, Cassel wins 11

Tom gets injured, Drew gets them to the Super Bowl (road game nonetheless)

can you really say that, in all 26 games Tom has QB'd in the postseason, he has been his team's BEST and MOST IMPORTANT player?

Be truthful now.

When the Colts went to and won a Superbowl? No, Manning was not. The Defense was. Considering the defense manufactured 13 turnovers in 4 games and won despite Manning turning the ball over.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 07:42 PM
first off, already dispelled that myth

secondly, nimrod, I'm not saying Manning was the MVP of all 23 of his postseason games, I'm saying that in every one of those 23 games he was always his team's most important player

can you say the same thing about Tom Brady?

Awaiting a response...

Crying Ramtard
12-26-2014, 07:46 PM
....Vinatieri....

http://www.psemanagement.com/images/services/marketing/snickers_nougatieri.jpg

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Brady gets better pussy. I think we all can agree there.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 07:49 PM
....Vinatieri....

http://www.psemanagement.com/images/services/marketing/snickers_nougatieri.jpg

a.k.a. the guy the Colts signed away to bail out Fivehead.

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 07:53 PM
wasn't that Vanderjerk?

Just Passin' By
12-26-2014, 07:56 PM
What separates Tom Brady from 5 SB wins:

David Tyree Helmet catch
Wes Welker drop

What separates Peyton Manning from 2 SB wins:

Peyton Manning pick-6

LMAO

Hootie
12-26-2014, 08:08 PM
how about Brady only putting up 14 points in a game he was favored to win by 13.5 and not being able to get his team into FG range to take that 1st Super Bowl into overtime after mocking Plaxico for suggesting the Patriots, who won by an average of 26.6 points per game on the year, would only score 17 points

and then 4 years later overthrowing Welker on a "would have been" game ending 1st down for a Super Bowl championship

not clutch

MagicHef
12-26-2014, 08:09 PM
He's not.

Peyton has more TDs per game, more yards per attempt, and a higher QB rating in outside games than Brady does. How is that not better?

Hootie
12-26-2014, 09:07 PM
they aren't big fans of responding (Patriots fans) when they get pwned

GloryDayz
12-26-2014, 09:14 PM
This is still too nice for Manning!

http://zaccreative.brinkster.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/02_Bug_Splatter.jpg

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 09:16 PM

Dome v. Dome
Rest v. Rest

Brady plays outdoors in shitty-weather towns; Manning padded his stats playing most of his career in a dome

Brady has spent his entire career playing outdoors in Foxboro, one of the coldest and snowiest cities in the NFL, with a division schedule that includes the howling winds of Giants and MetLife Stadiums and the famously treacherous weather of Buffalo.

Manning spent much of his career playing in the cozy dome of Indianapolis, with a warm, soft division schedule that included the southern cities of Nashville and Jacksonville, plus the dome of Houston.

Brady has played 92% of his games outdoors (185 of 202)
Manning has played 49% of his games outdoors (122 of 248)

Brady in a dome: 67.4%, 8.64 YPA, 6.9% TD, 2.62% INT, 106.42 rating

Manning in a dome: 66.16%, 7.8 YPA, 6.1% TD, 2.4% INT, 99.72 rating

Brady outdoors: 63.15%, 7.35 YPA, 5.39% TD, 1.93% INT, 95.28 rating

Manning outdoors: 64.97%, 7.62 YPA, 5.66% TD, 2.63% INT, 95.83 rating

Based upon all the data at hand, it's very reasonable and logical to declare that Tom Brady's would be statistically superior in every passing category had he the luxury of playing more than half his career in a dome, and had Manning played most of his career in bad-weather northern cities.

hootie's website where he continually gets owned - coldhardfootballfacts

anyone that thinks peyton is more impressive is a dumbass.. which Hootie proves to be thinking peyton is superior

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 09:29 PM
how about Brady only putting up 14 points in a game he was favored to win by 13.5 and not being able to get his team into FG range to take that 1st Super Bowl into overtime after mocking Plaxico for suggesting the Patriots, who won by an average of 26.6 points per game on the year, would only score 17 points

and then 4 years later overthrowing Welker on a "would have been" game ending 1st down for a Super Bowl championship

not clutch
Spygate

The Patriots won 69.3 percent of their games while they were presumably taping signals; they have won 75.6 percent of games since they were forced to stop.

Paine looked at the Patriots’ offensive success relative to their expected output when facing a team for the second or third time in a season. The reason for this method is because the Patriots were caught taping opponents’ defensive signals, and film couldn’t be analyzed until after the game, so any information gleaned would only help the offense in a rematch.

The Patriots scored 2.4 points more than expected before the Spygate scandal. After the scandal? The Patriots performed the exact same — 2.4 points better than expected.
“That means,” Paine wrote, “New England’s offensive overachievement was more likely due to great coaching and quarterback play, which persisted across both eras, than to any illicit edge.”

However, Paine did find one wart in the “Spygate-did-nothing-to-help-the-Patriots” argument, and it lies in the team’s postseason record (12-2 prior, 6-6 since). However, in the repeat-opponent framework set above, “there hasn’t been any difference — significant or otherwise — in the Patriots’ offensive performance since the league mandated the team stop taping opposing play calls.”
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-patriots-opponents-wont-let-spygate-die-but-did-it-really-matter/

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/08/08/spygate-didnt-really-help-patriots-win-games-according-to-new-study/

Hootie
12-26-2014, 09:38 PM
how many super bowls have they won since spygate?

MagicHef
12-26-2014, 09:39 PM
Brady plays outdoors in shitty-weather towns; Manning padded his stats playing most of his career in a dome

Brady has spent his entire career playing outdoors in Foxboro, one of the coldest and snowiest cities in the NFL, with a division schedule that includes the howling winds of Giants and MetLife Stadiums and the famously treacherous weather of Buffalo.

Manning spent much of his career playing in the cozy dome of Indianapolis, with a warm, soft division schedule that included the southern cities of Nashville and Jacksonville, plus the dome of Houston.

Brady has played 92% of his games outdoors (185 of 202)
Manning has played 49% of his games outdoors (122 of 248)

Based upon all the data at hand, it's very reasonable and logical to declare that Tom Brady's would be statistically superior in every passing category had he the luxury of playing more than half his career in a dome, and had Manning played most of his career in bad-weather northern cities.

hootie's website where he continually gets owned - coldhardfootballfacts

anyone that thinks peyton is more impressive is a dumbass.. which Hootie proves to be thinking peyton is superior

I don't know if you made those numbers up or if coldhard... whatever did, but they're not right.

Besides that, Brady has played 12 games in a dome over the course of his career.

Basing Brady's hypothetical career off of 12 games is stupid.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 09:41 PM
so now Brady gets a pass because he has to play outside?

Manning has thrown like 100 TD passes in the last two seasons and he plays in Denver.

His stats are the exact same as they've always been.

But Brady is better because he plays outside in a snowy city even though football starts in August and only has about 1 cold month.

Awesome.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 09:42 PM
I don't know if you made those numbers up or if coldhard... whatever did, but they're not right.

Besides that, Brady has played 12 games in a dome over the course of his career.

Basing Brady's hypothetical career off of 12 games is stupid.

lmao

a 12 game sample size

Hootie
12-26-2014, 09:43 PM
coldhardfootballfacts is a Boston website, too, by the way

so lmao lmao lmao

Hootie
12-26-2014, 09:45 PM
the owner is Kerry J. Byrne and he writes for the Boston Herald

man that website sure is pwning me

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 09:48 PM

Manning has thrown like 100 TD passes in the last two seasons and he plays in Denver.

But Brady is better because he plays outside in a snowy city even though football starts in August and only has about 1 cold month.

Awesome.

Manning Wrs/TE

Sanders
Welker
thomas
Thomas
Decker

Brady's
Amendola
Edleman
Gronk *including injury time*
Slater
Dobson
thompkins.

Yeah its easy for someone of Manning's caliber to post such marks, since he's always been surrounded by superior talent.

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 09:51 PM
how many super bowls have they won since spygate?

That's not a valid argument. Lets not mention that NY has had one of the bet defensive units of the bast couple years in the playoffs *btw Alex prob had the best game vs the giants defense than anyone during their second run*, miraculous plays in both games allowed for the giants to win that game. Tyree catch and manningham sideline catch/ welker drop. Thats all that separates 5-0 to 3-2.

Now brady is favored to go to yet a 6th superbowl.

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 09:53 PM

Awesome.

game is easier within a dome in controlled environment compared to outside. See St louis rams.

Just Passin' By
Peyton has more TDs per game, more yards per attempt, and a higher QB rating in outside games than Brady does. How is that not better?

Their outside stats are essentially identical, and Brady's played a larger percentage of games in bad weather outdoor stadiums.

Brady - Better outdoors
Brady - Better indoors
Brady - Better in the playoffs
Brady - Better in the clutch
Brady - Just flat out better

:thumb:

Hootie
any more excuses for Tom Brady?

He was favored to win both of the Super Bowls he lost, he has always had plenty of talent around him, and Alex Smith was actually abysmal against the Giants in that NFCCG.

but at least you watch the games, I think?

Hootie
12-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Their outside stats are essentially identical, and Brady's played a larger percentage of games in bad weather outdoor stadiums.

you know

they only play like 4 games a year when it's cold

you do realize that, right?

Hootie
12-26-2014, 09:58 PM
how many pro bowls did Julius Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders, Knowshon Moreno, and CJ Anderson go to before Manning played on Denver?

do you guys think that, you know, maybe, just maybe, the guy throwing the ball tends to make everyone around him just a litttttttle bit better?

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 09:59 PM
any more excuses for Tom Brady?

He was favored to win both of the Super Bowls he lost, he has always had plenty of talent around him, and Alex Smith was actually abysmal against the Giants in that NFCCG.

but at least you watch the games, I think?

oh know 1 for 13 on third down! yeah, just confirms you didn't watch the game considering all the factors involved.

His team was favored yes. Brady did his part in every superbowl. There's more to the QB position than throwing 5 tds and 500 yards.

hahah plenty of talent. He's always had one decent WR sans the randy moss experiment, used to have a healthy reliable RB and what again? What are the WRs on his superbowl team again and where are they today?

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Brady did his part in the Super Bowl they were favored by 13.5 by scoring 14 points after openly mocking Plaxico for suggesting the Patriots would only score 17?

He did his part?

Go on record. He did his part that game, right?

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:02 PM
how many pro bowls did Julius Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders, Knowshon Moreno, and CJ Anderson go to before Manning played on Denver?

do you guys think that, you know, maybe, just maybe, the guy throwing the ball tends to make everyone around him just a litttttttle bit better?

oh now manning has had par talent at weapons as brady? LMAOROFL

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:03 PM
This is what you call a choke:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qhw_YLGmvKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Brady did his part in the Super Bowl they were favored by 13.5 by scoring 14 points after openly mocking Plaxico for suggesting the Patriots would only score 17?

He did his part?

Go on record. He did his part that game, right?

Oh, athletes talking ish pregame, have you ever played sports?

Was it Brady that had a pick six to seal a game or was it Manning? I can't seem to forget.. and where is that Db that make that play?

Oh... since we are pinning QBs as the sole factor to success of teams pass/fail.

Manning beat Rex GROSSMAN.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:05 PM
oh now manning has had par talent at weapons as brady? LMAOROFL

Absolutely. Manning has never had more around him than Brady. Each QB has elevated the talent around them as much as you'd expect all-time great QB's to do.

The Manning offense (being no huddle) is going to put up more numbers than the Pats offense.

I don't think Manning is better than Brady because he has better stats, I think he's better than Brady because he's more talented. He also runs his own offense and calls his own plays (for the majority of his career). He is a more valuable player to a team than Tom Brady. We saw this when Brady got injured and the Pats still won 11 games with Matt Cassel.

Peyton Manning IS the system.

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:09 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qhw_YLGmvKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Proper example of choking:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WrAt2Xzue3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nyRvSvLK7sw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y7zeMvJJEko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:09 PM
The 18-1 game was a Brady choke. Spin it how you want. He mocked Plaxico, scored less than Plaxico predicted, played a shitty game, and his team went from a 13.5 favorite to go 19-0 to losing, and only scoring 14 points. That's on Tom Brady. It was a choke.

As for his 1st Super Bowl ... he threw 1 TD pass the entire postseason, and didn't even play the AFCCG. If you think Tom Brady was the most important player on that team you are a fucking idiot. The Pats beat Kurt Warner that game.

After that?

Jake Delhomme and Donovan McNabb. And neither of those teams had an elite defense and special teams like the Bears.

As easy as it is for your dumbass to tear down all of Manning's accomplishments it's as easy for me to do the same to Brady.

As soon as you guys figure out that for every excuse you have for Brady I can match it with one for Manning, these threads will die.

I mean, do you realize how hypocritical these excuses for Tom Brady are?

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 10:10 PM

So is this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZDZeKw8r7tM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...followed by 43-8.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:12 PM
I prefer these chokes:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l58R01VIjaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_LwfHEpoWRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wb2mWnb-tKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:14 PM
anyone who watched the Denver / Seattle super bowl and concluded Peyton Manning choked rather than Denver just got anhilated in every facet of the game is a fucking moron

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:14 PM
you know, especially since they were two weeks removed from beating the Patriots, the vaunted Tom Brady, by 10 points in the AFCCG

so uh, yeah

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 10:16 PM
As soon as you guys figure out that for every excuse you have for Brady I can match it with one for Manning, these threads will die.

As soon as you realize that nobody else shares your Tom Brady obsession, you'll feel a lot more sane. For the millionth time, Fivehead takes shit here because he chokes and is overrated. It has nothing to do with Brady. In fact, whenever the subject of Fivehead choking comes up, you make it about Brady and then have the audacity to claim that the rest of us are somehow making excuses for a quarterback we don't give a fuck about.

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 10:18 PM
anyone who watched the Denver / Seattle super bowl and concluded Peyton Manning choked rather than Denver just got anhilated in every facet of the game is a fucking moron

"GOAT quarterback" with the "GOAT offense" only scoring 8 points in the Super Bowl = epic choke! And their vaunted offense wasn't exactly lighting it up in the other playoff games either compared to the hype.

Snapplez
12-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Hootie gettin blown the **** out in this thread LMAO

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:25 PM
Absolutely. Manning has never had more around him than Brady. Each QB has elevated the talent around them as much as you'd expect all-time great QB's to do.

The Manning offense (being no huddle) is going to put up more numbers than the Pats offense.

I don't think Manning is better than Brady because he has better stats, I think he's better than Brady because he's more talented. He also runs his own offense and calls his own plays (for the majority of his career). He is a more valuable player to a team than Tom Brady. We saw this when Brady got injured and the Pats still won 11 games with Matt Cassel.

Peyton Manning IS the system.
we shall agree to disagree

Manning has had more first round draft picks
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/brady-vs-manning-whos-had-better-weapons

Lets not go away from the fact that we both agree Manning and Brady are both some of the top Qbs to ever do it. Both make their guys better, but without question Manning has had more skilled threats and highly touted threats.. let alone prob. more HOF threats.

Cassel had a great year, behind a great oline, in fact, Cassels is prob 2x the QB Painter is.

Little game tape was on Cassel at the time. Same thing happened to Kaepernick.. the nfl needed to adjust to his game.

Cas has a 93 Rating with the chiefs
Painter had a high of 67 with the colts *rounded up*

MagicHef
12-26-2014, 10:29 PM

Brady - Better outdoors
Brady - Better indoors
Brady - Better in the playoffs
Brady - Better in the clutch
Brady - Just flat out better

LMAO

If Peyton's stats are better, they become "essentially identical", and that somehow morphs into "Brady is better outdoors".

How about this: on 4th down, Brady has thrown 82 times, Peyton has thrown 80 times. Brady has 43 1st downs (52%), 6 TDs (7%), and 3 INTs (4%). Peyton has 51 1st downs (64%), 14 TDs (18%), and 2 INTs (3%). Who's more clutch on 4th down?

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:30 PM
"GOAT quarterback" with the "GOAT offense" only scoring 8 points in the Super Bowl = epic choke! And their vaunted offense wasn't exactly lighting it up in the other playoff games either compared to the hype.

So in conclusion, 43 - 8 was a choke, but 17 - 14 to go 18 - 1 wasn't Brady's fault.

Correct?

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:31 PM
anyone who watched the Denver / Seattle super bowl and concluded Peyton Manning choked rather than Denver just got anhilated in every facet of the game is a ****ing moron

lmao Part of the reason denver got annihilated was because Peyton was TERRIBLE.

BTW, Manning had a HISTORICAL offense going into that game. Denver was favored in that as well.

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:33 PM
LMAO

If Peyton's stats are better, they become "essentially identical", and that somehow morphs into "Brady is better outdoors".

How about this: on 4th down, Brady has thrown 82 times, Peyton has thrown 80 times. Brady has 43 1st downs (52%), 6 TDs (7%), and 3 INTs (4%). Peyton has 51 1st downs (64%), 14 TDs (18%), and 2 INTs (3%). Who's more clutch on 4th down?

stats only tell the story you want it to tell. goes for both side. Stats only tell part of the sitauation

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:36 PM
so you guys watched that game last year, the Super Bowl, and concluded Denver lost because of a Peyton Manning choke

? right ?

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:36 PM
So in conclusion, 43 - 8 was a choke, but 17 - 14 to go 18 - 1 wasn't Brady's fault.

Correct?

so you're trying to argue getting blown out in the biggest game of the year is equal to losing a game by a play or two where both teams were in a defensive battle?

Correct?

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:40 PM
so you guys watched that game last year, the Super Bowl, and concluded Denver lost because of a Peyton Manning choke

? right ?

posting 1 -2 Td/int with a 73.5 rtg is not a large reason for losing a game?

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:40 PM
18 - 1 and only scoring 14 points is probably 100 X bigger of a choke than anything Peyton Manning did last Super Bowl.

if you watched that game without bias, Seattle outplayed Denver in every facet of the game. Better offense, better defense, better special teams, better coach, better game plan.

Some of that falls on Peyton ... but that game got out of hand in a hurry. Peyton didn't even have a shot at choking.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:41 PM
posting 1 -2 Td/int with a 73.5 rtg is not a large reason for losing a game?

No. That game was over before it started. There is not a QB in the NFL that could have been Denver's QB in that game and led them to a victory.

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:42 PM
18 - 1 and only scoring 14 points is probably 100 X bigger of a choke than anything Peyton Manning did last Super Bowl.

if you watched that game without bias, Seattle outplayed Denver in every facet of the game. Better offense, better defense, better special teams, better coach, better game plan.

Some of that falls on Peyton ... but that game got out of hand in a hurry. Peyton didn't even have a shot at choking.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

wow man. wow

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:43 PM
if Tom Brady was the QB for 1 game against Seattle last year on Denver's team ... what do you suggest the final score would have been?

GoChargers
12-26-2014, 10:51 PM

Correct?
Both were historical chokejobs. Brady's is completely irrelevant to this thread, though, outside of the Fivehead/Brady dick-measuring contest you're obsessed with.

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:52 PM
if Tom Brady was the QB for 1 game against Seattle last year on Denver's team ... what do you suggest the final score would have been?

idk.. but i doubt he would go down to 8 points in garbage time. Brady is a better pocket passer than manning.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Brady is a better pocket passer than Manning? Please, elaborate.

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Brady is a better pocket passer than Manning? Please, elaborate.

I don't have a harddrive of film to prove my opinion, but it is my opinion that Brady feels pressure more while manning picks his spots presnap better.. both do it master level and hard to differentiate at their level, but i think Brady edges Manning in that territory

Hootie
12-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Does he have better numbers from the pocket? Am I missing something? They are both pocket QB's. Why the fuck would you say "Brady is a better pocket QB?" Are you fucking retarded? If you want to think he's a better QB, sure, you're entitled to that opinion. But saying he's a "better pocket QB" is just fucking retarded. They are both pocket QB's nimrod.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Brady feels pressure more ... as he has gotten sacked 60 more times in 50 less games

Genius insight there, guy

Just Passin' By
12-26-2014, 11:00 PM
LMAO

Peyton's stats aren't really better, though. They're virtually the same outdoors. That's with Brady playing in the north, and Manning getting games in Houston and Jacksonville.

Here, so the stats are seen. From earlier this year (OCT 31), as part of a longer article:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/no-debate-facts-show-tom-brady-better-than-peyton-manning/31873/

When it comes to outdoor play:

Brady protects the ball better. Manning throws a little bit longer, to better receivers, and hands off for fewer TDs. The QB rating is essentially the same, and Manning's got the edge in terms of where he's playing outdoor games.

When it comes to indoor play:

Brady, even with the same lesser talent surrounding him, puts up clearly superior numbers to Manning.

And notice this little nugget

70.3% of the offensive TDs scored by Manning teams have come via the pass (523 of 744)*
65.5% of the offensive TDs scored by Brady teams have come via the pass (388 of 592)*

There's your TD% differential. Also, Brady puts up more PPG, despite the lesser supporting cast and playing outdoors most of the time.

Look, I get that you're trolling. Hootie doesn't, though. He thinks you're serious. You're going to leave him a very disappointed boy. Let him down easy.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 11:02 PM
oh goodie

we're quoting a Boston Herald writer's website again!

Brady has played 12 hole games in a dome !!!

12!

but he's much better indoors than Manning

clearly

Hootie
12-26-2014, 11:03 PM
a guy who lives in Boston and has a football website wrote an article that says Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning

SOLD!

MAN

CASE CLOSED

RobBlake
12-26-2014, 11:10 PM
a guy who lives in Boston and has a football website wrote an article that says Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning

SOLD!

MAN

CASE CLOSED
still to dumb too discuss how Manning has had a better offense around him, huh? *due to better talent, mind you*

Hootie
12-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Tom Brady has always had plenty of talent around him. So has Peyton Manning. And they both make everyone around them better. That's what great QB's do.

notorious
12-26-2014, 11:51 PM
Hootie gettin blown the **** out in this thread LMAO

He will machine-gun post a few hundred times and claim victory in a debate that he forces on everyone else.

Hootie
12-26-2014, 11:57 PM
He will machine-gun post a few hundred times and claim victory in a debate that he forces on everyone else.

was I the thread starter? pretty easy to ignore a thread as well, guy

Hootie
12-27-2014, 12:00 AM
****BREAKING NEWS****

Archie Manning made a blog over at peytonmanningsdadcoldhardfootballfacts.com saying that Peyton is better than Tom.

CASE CLOSED

Simply Red
12-27-2014, 01:50 AM
This place is dead tonight - can you two entertain us some more?

Simply Red
12-27-2014, 01:52 AM
Brady feels pressure more ... as he has gotten sacked 60 more times in 50 less games

Genius insight there, guy

Brady gets higher quality pussy.

ThaVirus
12-27-2014, 02:16 AM
Funny thing about Chiefs fans ragging on Manning is that he basically embodies everything they live for.

He's got a ton of one and dones. So many that you often have little faith he'll be around in the divisional and championship rounds.. But hey, just get in then anything can happen!

MagicHef
12-27-2014, 03:01 AM
Peyton's stats aren't really better, though. They're virtually the same outdoors. That's with Brady playing in the north, and Manning getting games in Houston and Jacksonville.

Here, so the stats are seen. From earlier this year (OCT 31), as part of a longer article:

When it comes to outdoor play:

Brady protects the ball better. Manning throws a little bit longer, to better receivers, and hands off for fewer TDs. The QB rating is essentially the same, and Manning's got the edge in terms of where he's playing outdoor games.

When it comes to indoor play:

Brady, even with the same lesser talent surrounding him, puts up clearly superior numbers to Manning.

And notice this little nugget

There's your TD% differential. Also, Brady puts up more PPG, despite the lesser supporting cast and playing outdoors most of the time.

Look, I get that you're trolling. Hootie doesn't, though. He thinks you're serious. You're going to leave him a very disappointed boy. Let him down easy.

Ugh, I've already dissected this article in a different thread. This guy who wrote this article is wrong about a number of things. Brady's teams do not score more per game. Peyton's teams have a higher PPG.

The difference in their completion percentage outdoors (virtually the same) is larger than the difference in domes (where Brady is supposed to be much better).

Continuously referencing a site that can't even get facts right, and has a clear bias makes you look like an idiot.

DaNewGuy
12-27-2014, 04:05 AM
Johnny Manziel is a future Petyton

notorious
12-27-2014, 09:15 AM
was I the thread starter? pretty easy to ignore a thread as well, guy

Nah, whether I agree or disagree, you are entertaining.

WhiteWhale
12-27-2014, 09:28 AM
There is a simple reason why the majority of people (on this site and off) think Peyton Manning is a choker and Tom Brady is clutch:

Baseless assertion.

It's because any time Manning loses, it's automatically his fault. Always has been, always will be.

Baseless assertion, and demonstrably false. Usually when Manning loses the media (and sometimes manning himself) blame the offensive line. He threw a pick in the superbowl against the Saints and the media and even the owner blamed Reggie Wayne.

When Brady loses, it's always everyone else's fault. The line wasn't good enough. His skill players were hurt. His team was overmatched.

Baseless assertion. Plenty of people on this forum criticize Brady, and some in the media were even advocating benching him early this season.

In the history of their careers, Manning has never had line protection issues, his skill players have always been hall of fame caliber, and his coaching has always been superb.

Yes, More than most players yes and particularly in the mid-2000's, and no. THE BEST legit defense for Manning is that he's always been coached by buffoons. I mean winning a SB for Dungy is kinda like winning one for Marty.

When he loses, it's 100% on him.

Brady? No. No way. He's never at fault.

At least that's what I've learned watching the two play the last 15 years.

Sounds like you live in a delusion. Is building strawmen usually your strategy for winning arguments?

jspchief
12-27-2014, 09:44 AM
This topic is such a great display of why so many people think Hootie is a dickhead.

Someone could easily star a discussion on clutch QBs (subjective by the way, it's a team game and stats don't decide it) and it could grow into a great football discussion. But hootie takes the same topic and just takes a dump all over the discussion because he's incapable of non-douche discourse.

jjchieffan
12-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Hey Hootie. Shoot this down.

Tom Brady holds the NFL record for most playoff wins by a quarterback with 18 and the record for most playoff games started (26). Peyton Manning holds the record for most playoff losses with 12

jjchieffan
12-27-2014, 09:56 AM
And of course lets not forget. 3 rings for Brady to 1 ring for Mr overrated.

Sassy Squatch
12-27-2014, 09:57 AM
This topic is such a great display of why so many people think Hootie is a dickhead.

Someone could easily star a discussion on clutch QBs (subjective by the way, it's a team game and stats don't decide it) and it could grow into a great football discussion. But hootie takes the same topic and just takes a dump all over the discussion because he's incapable of non-douche discourse.
Well, it WAS made with the intention of calling him out.

Chiefspants
12-27-2014, 11:10 AM
?v=xOjBcAcKyuA

if portar had droped th e intercepcion then we'd al remmember Manning winning the SUPER BOWL !!11!!

Hootie
12-27-2014, 11:14 AM
?v=xOjBcAcKyuA

if portar had droped th e intercepcion then we'd al remmember Manning winning the SUPER BOWL !!11!!
They were fucked either way. Realistically, the odds of Drew not leading them down the field to win were pretty slim. Of course, I realize it's impossible for this board to be objective. Tom's not at fault for 18 - 1, at all. Ya know?

GoChargers
01-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Bump for the inevitable chokejob, either tomorrow or next week.

lewdog
01-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Bump for the inevitable chokejob, either tomorrow or next week.

Bump for chokejob today.

Hootie
01-11-2015, 10:19 AM
the way my postseason is going ... probably Indy in a route today

Pasta Little Brioni
01-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Denver getting knocked out is always a fun time on the planet. It's even better now that they have that soft bitch at QB. The party here when Baltimore beat them was EPIC....except for Pootie and the nut huggers.

jjchieffan
01-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Hmmm. Bootie just chose to ignore my statements in posts 188 & 189. That's okay. We all know that you can't argue with the facts.

Hootie
01-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Hmmm. Bootie just chose to ignore my statements in posts 188 & 189. That's okay. We all know that you can't argue with the facts.

I've answered those 1 billion times and even in this thread. Do I have to always repeat myself?

Hootie
01-11-2015, 01:40 PM
2015 postseason narratives:

Peyton Manning goes to Foxboro. Loses. Huge choker. Tom is better, see!

Peyton Manning goes to Foxboro. Wins. Tom didn't have enough weapons.

(everyone forgets Peyton beat Tom in 2014 postseason)

MahiMike
01-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Andrew luck has no running game, no defense and is playing in Denver today.

44-30 Indy!

jjchieffan
01-11-2015, 02:10 PM

So you have explained how Peyton's record number of postseason losses is superior to Tom Brady's record number of postseason wins by saying but but but, Peyton beat him last year?? Really? Is that all you've got? Because I'm pretty sure that Tom has won most of their head to head matchups as well. Give it up Hootie. Peyton always has been and always will be second best. Second best to Tom Brady, second best quarterback to ever play for the Broncos and the Colts. Heck he's even the second best Manning quarterback. What exactly is he best at besides choking in big games?

Hootie
01-11-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm not going to respond to someone who thinks Peyton Manning isn't the best Colts QB in franchise history and isn't better than Eli manning. Why? Because clearly you're an idiot and clearly you are too envious of Peyton Manning to recognize how great he is.

I say this because you just said Eli Manning is better than Peyton Manning. Or Archie. Either way, it's retarded and not worth any more of my time.

lewdog
01-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Isn't the definition of choke being great in the regular season, securing 1st round byes and then losing most of those first games? I mean, that's the definition of choke. Being number 1 and not doing anything with it....right?

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Isn't the definition of choke being great in the regular season, securing 1st round byes and then losing most of those first games? I mean, that's the definition of choke. Being number 1 and not doing anything with it....right?

ADD IN BEING FAVORED!!!!

Jim Lahey
01-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Broncos will go up 38-10 before an epic meltdown leading to a 44-45 loss.

lewdog
01-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Time for Manning to choke on his weiner and Hootie to lose millions of dollars.

jjchieffan
01-11-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm not going to respond to someone who thinks Peyton Manning isn't the best Colts QB in franchise history and isn't better than Eli manning. Why? Because clearly you're an idiot and clearly you are too envious of Peyton Manning to recognize how great he is.

I say this because you just said Eli Manning is better than Peyton Manning. Or Archie. Either way, it's retarded and not worth any more of my time.

Eli had more rings. Just Saying. I was poking at you with that one But if you think that Peyton is a better quarterback than Johnny Unitas you need your head examined. And you call my take retarded??

Lex Luthor
01-11-2015, 05:03 PM

Typical Hootie hyperbole. For many years a lot of people considered Johnny Unitas to be the greatest quarterback of all time from any NFL team. Yet you think somebody's an idiot if he doesn't bow down to Peyton Manning as the best QB in Colts' franchise history. Hint: Johnny Unitas was a Colt.

This is why we mock you.

GoChargers
01-11-2015, 05:38 PM

Or: Fivehead chokes to the Colts. Hootie deflects and whines about Brady some more.

GoChargers
01-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Add another chokejob to the long list of them!

PizzaDoughz
01-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Where's Hootie at

lewdog
01-11-2015, 06:44 PM
The only thread about a QB being not clutch that is true is this one. All other ones should be considered retarded and consider the source.

Just Passin' By
01-11-2015, 06:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/J6IUPOb.gif#woman%20laughing/animated%20gif%20320x214

Dave Lane
01-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Peyton's got it locked up now

jjchieffan
01-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Wow!! Peyton was so clutch today!! We need to all bow down to Hootie and eat our crow!! ROFL

lewdog
01-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Hootie has incorrectly predicted everything in this playoffs outside of Russel Wilson playing the shitty Panthers!

JD10367
01-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Manning: 9th "one and done" in the playoffs.
Brady: 9th AFCCG.

Suck it, haters.

Bwana
01-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Hooting cracking open another bottle of Old Crow.

http://www.createyourownmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1391388065599.jpg

Bowser
01-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Peyton did his best 2012 Matt Cassel impersonation today.

Dave Lane
01-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Hooting cracking open another bottle of Old Crow.

http://www.createyourownmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1391388065599.jpg

Actually he's full strength Choke!

RobBlake
01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
brady comes back from 14 point deficits against a much more aggressive and tough defense and manning has this performance?

9th AFCCG for brady and how many one and done's for manning?

WhiteWhale
01-11-2015, 07:36 PM
brady comes back from 14 point deficits against a much more aggressive and tough defense and manning has this performance?

9th AFCCG for brady and how many one and done's for manning?

Also 9.

Just Passin' By
02-07-2015, 03:35 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/hckmt.jpg

GloryDayz
02-07-2015, 03:59 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Pepe Silvia
02-07-2015, 04:04 PM

Nobody ever wanted to admit it but they have to now. :)