PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV 'Screech' arrested for bar stabbing

Deberg_1990
12-26-2014, 06:25 PM
(CNN) - Police on Friday arrested Dustin Diamond, better known as "Screech" in the early 1990s sitcom "Saved by the Bell," in a stabbing incident at a bar in Port Washington, Wisconsin.

Diamond, 37, of Port Washington, was charged with three misdemeanors: second-degree recklessly endangering safety; carrying a concealed weapon; and disorderly conduct, use of a dangerous weapon, according to a press release from the police.

He was being held Friday in lieu of $10,000 bond.

According to an arrest report released Friday afternoon, the stabbing took place late Thursday night during an argument in the Grand Avenue Saloon.

Diamond said he and his girlfriend, Amanda Schutz, 27, were inside the bar when a group of intoxicated people started behaving in a rude and insulting manner, leading him to believe "there was going to be a brawl," the report said.

He said he turned to close his account and get their coats, but when he looked back, his girlfriend was bleeding and two men were holding her hair, the report said.

Diamond said he moved toward his girlfriend when a man grabbed him, the report said. Diamond said he he might have stabbed the man with a pen used to sign a credit card receipt, but later conceded he was armed with the knife, the report said.

"Diamond stated that he did not intentionally stab the individual in the bar but that chaos broke out and people were grabbing at him and that he swung his arms to break free," the report stated.

Diamond and Schutz drove away from the bar and were stopped by police, who said they found a "stiletto folding knife with a 3.75-inch blade, which uses a thumb stud and assisted opening mechanism." Police said the tip of the knife was moist.

The man identified as the stabbing victim told police he didn't see a knife or initially feel being cut. Police said the wound was not life threatening.

Other people in the bar said the fracas started when women started shoving each other, the police report said.. One witness told police a woman was upset because people were taking pictures of her and her boyfriend.

Schutz was charged with disorderly conduct and released, police said.

Port Washington is north of Milwaukee on Lake Michigan.

Diamond appeared on "Saved by the Bell" as awkward nerd Samuel "Screech" Powers from 1989 to 1993 and later appeared in various spinoffs of the hit show.

In September, Lifetime aired a movie about life on the set loosely based on a book written by Diamond.

The book garnered negative criticism for Diamond from castmates, who said it was inaccurate.

In 2013, Diamond distanced himself from the book, telling OWN that the book had been written by a ghostwriter and was a "disappointment" to him.

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm not surprised - he's been in and out of trouble much in the same way Andy Dick has.

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 06:30 PM
& no it's not Mike D's son per that truth proving site - snopes or whatever. It's been years - but we looked into it on CP IIRC.

rico
12-26-2014, 06:32 PM
After being stabbed, the victim let out a loud "screeching" noise. Diamond would have finished him off, but the victim was saved by the bell.

Hammock Parties
12-26-2014, 06:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rv8yOT9.jpg

https://38.media.tumblr.com/74e36e49a1fc147c11832e1aaa3f317e/tumblr_mohveuGknJ1qajc4eo2_250.gif

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 06:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rv8yOT9.jpg

Horrible haircut.

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 06:40 PM
After being stabbed, the victim let out a loud "screeching" noise. Diamond would have finished him off, but the victim was saved by the bell.

http://i57.tinypic.com/24zhxqg.jpg

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Only Deberg would break news on Screech - :clap:

love Deberg.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Only Deberg would break news on Screech - :clap:

love Deberg.

I'm your man for all the latest Mark-Paul Gosselaar news as well

alpha_omega
12-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Good for him, don't take shit off nobody.
I am sure he gets harassed all the time.

rico
12-26-2014, 07:36 PM

Lol, who is that and what is the significance of that homeslice? Fill me in, Ol' Sweet Red.

Simply Red
12-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Lol, who is that and what is the significance of that homeslice? Fill me in, Ol' Sweet Red.

he's a meme on the internet - no real back story (that I know of) - I think he first appeared on Flickr or Imgur.

rico
12-26-2014, 08:34 PM
he's a meme on the internet - no real back story (that I know of) - I think he first appeared on Flickr or Imgur.

That's pretty bad ass.

rockymtnchief
12-26-2014, 08:40 PM
He's a Russian kid that, apparently, got a little trashed one night and is now famous.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/u-V16_1i4TQ/hqdefault.jpg

doomy3
12-26-2014, 08:41 PM

Is this Eli Manning?

Otter
12-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Good for him, don't take shit off nobody.
I am sure he gets harassed all the time. "Say 'Screech' again muthafucka!!!! I dare you!!!".

http://std3.ru/5f/a3/1413894214-5fa330a2ed9d76a0e1845698a40bb55d.jpeg

Why Not?
12-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Horrible haircut.

Really. He looks like a bigger douche now then he did in his Screech days.

dmahurin
12-27-2014, 12:33 AM

It was a place on the internet much darker than those 2 sites. Has a 4 and rhymes with jackie chan.

RobBlake
12-27-2014, 12:38 AM
that haircut is horrid cause all you can do is focus on his big ass nose.

suzzer99
12-27-2014, 02:25 AM
Moral: don't be Screech and hang out in podunk bars in Milwaukee and expect not to get harassed by idiots.

CoMoChief
12-27-2014, 05:44 AM
Saw him at club Deja Vu in Columbia back whenever he was doing a stand up comedy routine. This was in 06-07 ish IIRC.

As expected, Diamond wasn't funny at all. Not a single person was laughing in the crowd. It was a rough crowd, a bunch of drunken college aged people. People started yelling stuff out at him, causing him to feel uncomfortable and whenever he tried to confront said person from the stage or make jokes of the people harassing him, it just wasn't working out. Crowd kind started getting restless and booing him. He just said "Fuck this", and ran off stage and went home during mid show.

Almost want to feel bad for the guy. I'm not sure if being a comedian was the right move (obviously not his thing). But this is an example of a former child star trying to branch out from his cemented character but can't, therefore can't get a job anywhere else in Hollywood so he ends up making a fool of himself in effort to try and get back into that spotlight. I mean the dude was trying to sell sex tapes (of himself) and Tshirts out of his car.

Buehler445
12-27-2014, 06:23 AM
Saw him at club Deja Vu in Columbia back whenever he was doing a stand up comedy routine. This was in 06-07 ish IIRC.

As expected, Diamond wasn't funny at all. Not a single person was laughing in the crowd. It was a rough crowd, a bunch of drunken college aged people. People started yelling stuff out at him, causing him to feel uncomfortable and whenever he tried to confront said person from the stage or make jokes of the people harassing him, it just wasn't working out. Crowd kind started getting restless and booing him. He just said "Fuck this", and ran off stage and went home during mid show.

Almost want to feel bad for the guy. I'm not sure if being a comedian was the right move (obviously not his thing). But this is an example of a former child star trying to branch out from his cemented character but can't, therefore can't get a job anywhere else in Hollywood so he ends up making a fool of himself in effort to try and get back into that spotlight. I mean the dude was trying to sell sex tapes (of himself) and Tshirts out of his car.

Yeah he came to Emporia a little before that. Wife saw him and said funny he is not.

WhiteWhale
12-27-2014, 09:14 AM
According to his own book, his cock is a monster.

The vic is lucky he didn't get stabbed with that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-27-2014, 10:17 AM
"Not even the bell will save you now".

TinyEvel
01-01-2015, 06:50 PM
UPDATE:

Screech arrested for second-degree murder after victim dies of infection from wounds

http://empirenews.net/saved-by-the-bell-star-dustin-diamond-charged-with-murder-after-stabbing-victim-dies/

:eek:

PORT WASHINGTON, Wisconsin - 'Saved By The Bell' Star Dustin Diamond Charged With Murder After Stabbing Victim Dies

Former Saved By The Bell star Dustin Diamond, best known for his awkwardly hilarious character Samuel “Screech” Powers on the timeless popular hit teen television series Saved By The Bell, has been charged with second-degree murder after a man he stabbed during a barroom brawl has died at a Wisconsin hospital.

Diamond, 37, initially told police that he accidentally stabbed the man with what he said was a ‘pen’, although he later referred to the weapon, which was never found, as a knife. According to Diamond, while trying to defend his fiance, 27-year-old Amanda Schutz, at the Grand Avenue Saloon in Port Washington, where Diamond is a resident, he was forced to brandish the weapon.

Diamond was initially charged with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct, and carrying a concealed weapon and was released on $10,000 bail before the man, only being referred to by the name of ‘Casey’ per request of family, passed away. <B>Originally reported that Casey was completely fine and his wounds mostly superficial, reports say he took a turn for the worse after a wound from the fight became infected. He died on the operating room table.</B>

Port Washington Police Department spokesperson Marvin Maxwell made the public announcement this morning that Diamond is now being sought for charges of second-degree murder.

“As requested by the family, the last name of the deceased is not to be released at this time and will only be referred to as ‘Casey,’” Maxwell said in the statement. “The case is thoroughly being investigated by the best detectives in Port Washington. Due to the fact that Mr. Diamond used a concealed weapon during the altercation, the police department had no choice but to charge him with second-degree homicide. Please keep in mind that Mr. Diamond is innocent until proven guilty by the court of law,” Maxwell added.

Those who witnessed the altercation seemed to have mixed opinions on what happened during the Christmas night brawl. Some say Diamond was behaving negatively and arrogantly and after refusing to shake the hand of a woman, the fight began. Others say two men had Diamonds girlfriend by the hair and had punched her in the face several times before Diamond got involved. One witness, Carl Peters, told police that the stabbing victim had verbally provoked Diamond.

<B> (witness account provided by Demonpenz?)

“He told Screech he wanted to give him a wedgie and stuff him in a locker. Screech didn’t like that very much, and that’s when the tussle began” Peters said. “It was just like that episode where Screech got mad at Zack for stealing Lisa away from him, only this time, Screech stabbed the guy. It was awesome. I was half expecting Mr. Belding to come rushing out to break it up and yell ‘hey, hey, hey! What is going on here?!’” </B>

Diamond has been re-arrested following the official announcement of the murder charge. No further court dates have been announced at this time.

Rain Man
01-01-2015, 06:54 PM
He's a much better stabber than I would have guessed.

Baby Lee
01-01-2015, 06:56 PM
UPDATE:

Screech arrested for second-degree murder after victim dies of infection from wounds

http://empirenews.net/saved-by-the-bell-star-dustin-diamond-charged-with-murder-after-stabbing-victim-dies/

:eek:

PORT WASHINGTON, Wisconsin - 'Saved By The Bell' Star Dustin Diamond Charged With Murder After Stabbing Victim Dies

Former Saved By The Bell star Dustin Diamond, best known for his awkwardly hilarious character Samuel “Screech” Powers on the timeless popular hit teen television series Saved By The Bell, has been charged with second-degree murder after a man he stabbed during a barroom brawl has died at a Wisconsin hospital.

Diamond, 37, initially told police that he accidentally stabbed the man with what he said was a ‘pen’, although he later referred to the weapon, which was never found, as a knife. According to Diamond, while trying to defend his fiance, 27-year-old Amanda Schutz, at the Grand Avenue Saloon in Port Washington, where Diamond is a resident, he was forced to brandish the weapon.

Diamond was initially charged with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct, and carrying a concealed weapon and was released on $10,000 bail before the man, only being referred to by the name of ‘Casey’ per request of family, passed away. <B>Originally reported that Casey was completely fine and his wounds mostly superficial, reports say he took a turn for the worse after a wound from the fight became infected. He died on the operating room table.</B>

Port Washington Police Department spokesperson Marvin Maxwell made the public announcement this morning that Diamond is now being sought for charges of second-degree murder.

“As requested by the family, the last name of the deceased is not to be released at this time and will only be referred to as ‘Casey,’” Maxwell said in the statement. “The case is thoroughly being investigated by the best detectives in Port Washington. Due to the fact that Mr. Diamond used a concealed weapon during the altercation, the police department had no choice but to charge him with second-degree homicide. Please keep in mind that Mr. Diamond is innocent until proven guilty by the court of law,” Maxwell added.

Those who witnessed the altercation seemed to have mixed opinions on what happened during the Christmas night brawl. Some say Diamond was behaving negatively and arrogantly and after refusing to shake the hand of a woman, the fight began. Others say two men had Diamonds girlfriend by the hair and had punched her in the face several times before Diamond got involved. One witness, Carl Peters, told police that the stabbing victim had verbally provoked Diamond.

<B> (witness account provided by Demonpenz?)

“He told Screech he wanted to give him a wedgie and stuff him in a locker. Screech didn’t like that very much, and that’s when the tussle began” Peters said. “It was just like that episode where Screech got mad at Zack for stealing Lisa away from him, only this time, Screech stabbed the guy. It was awesome. I was half expecting Mr. Belding to come rushing out to break it up and yell ‘hey, hey, hey! What is going on here?!’” </B>

Diamond has been re-arrested following the official announcement of the murder charge. No further court dates have been announced at this time.

There's a stench, men!!

Methinks you've been Cave Johnsoned

Another headline at the site

http://empirenews.net/2-year-old-who-accidentally-shot-mother-in-walmart-to-be-tried-for-crime-as-an-adult/

2 year old who shot mother at Wal-Mart to be tried as adult

Another story that Malia Obama is pregnant with Prince Harry's baby.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Rain Man
01-01-2015, 07:08 PM
It must be very embarrassing to be murdered by Screech. St. Peter probably did a double take at the heavenly gates. "You WHAT?"

TinyEvel
01-01-2015, 07:13 PM
There's a stench, men!!

Methinks you've been Cave Johnsoned

Another headline at the site

http://empirenews.net/2-year-old-who-accidentally-shot-mother-in-walmart-to-be-tried-for-crime-as-an-adult/

2 year old who shot mother at Wal-Mart to be tried as adult

Another story that Malia Obama is pregnant with Prince Harry's baby.

Upon further research I think you are right. :cuss:

Well, if it was to happen to any thread, Damn fitting it be a DeBerg one.

Baby Lee
01-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Upon further research I think you are right. :cuss:

Well, if it was to happen to any thread, Damn fitting it be a DeBerg one.

To be clear, it was the 'penz witness that struck my nostrils, so I posted the stench remark before going back and looking at other headlines.

Rain Man
01-01-2015, 07:43 PM
We should have known that he couldn't kill anybody properly.