PDA

View Full Version : Poop The Chiefs Have Their Second Winning Season in a Row!!!

Bowser
12-28-2014, 03:24 PM
SEASON TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE!!!!

lewdog
12-28-2014, 03:25 PM
NEG REPS COMING IN!!!!

Bowser
12-28-2014, 03:26 PM
I was glancing through various Chiefs sites on Facebook, and the overriding feeling was "I don't care about the playoffs, I just want a winning season!". Immediately I think of this place and just how accurate we have all been over the years in saying that the average Chiefs fan in this city will just absolutely settle for mediocrity. It's really so pathetic.

Lonewolf Ed
12-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Yay. :harumph:

Bowser
12-28-2014, 03:27 PM
NEG REPS COMING IN!!!!

http://media.giphy.com/media/mVJojMQvDwixG/giphy.gif

BlackHelicopters
12-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Hooray

DRU
12-28-2014, 03:29 PM
And if you want to get more specific, that's 2 seasons in a row the first half of the year gave us the winning season (for the most part) only to completely fall apart in the second half of the season.

carcosa
12-28-2014, 03:29 PM
weeeeeee

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 03:30 PM
ohhhhhhh thank heaven

for niiiiine and seeeeeeeven

the 7-11 of the NFL

Bewbies
12-28-2014, 03:31 PM
45 years of futility.

21 years without a playoff win.

Henry Ford gave a free brand new model T to the last QB picked in round 1.

Get your season tickets now, 2015 is our year!

O.city
12-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Obviously it's being shit on, but the Chiefs prior to last year were the worst franchise in the nfl.

Winning seasons aren't bad things

FlaChief58
12-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah, it sucks that they're average, but the silver lining is that they went 9-7 against a brutal schedule where a lot of us had them at 8-8 or worse.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the 2015 season

Bowser
In other news, this fucking offense has to go. Could you imagine what we would have looked like if we didn't have Jamaal Charles? This offense would have made Brian Daboll look like a Rhodes Scholar.

Deberg_1990
First back to back winning years since 96-97

Progress!

tk13
12-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Yeah, the Chiefs have won 20 games the first two years of Reid/Dorsey. They won 23 games in four years of Pioli. So there's that. It actually is kind of amazing when you consider this was the worst team in football two years ago and was completely dysfunctional off the field.

stonedstooge
12-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Another boring year with Alex Smith leading the charge comes to an end. Looking forward to another boring year with Alex Smith leading the charge next year. oh baby

Bowser
12-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Obviously it's being shit on, but the Chiefs prior to last year were the worst franchise in the nfl.

I'm sure the Chiefs will take this season and build it into a foundation of a championship dynasty that will endure for a decade plus.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Yeah, the Chiefs have won 20 games the first two years of Reid/Dorsey. They won 23 games in four years of Pioli. So there's that. It actually is kind of amazing when you consider this was the worst team in football two years ago and was completely dysfunctional off the field.

All of this is true, plus what O.City said. But I've seen this act before in the 90's and with Vermeil's teams. Regular season wins are great, but it's past time for us to do damage in the post season.

O.city
I'm sure the Chiefs will take this season and build it into a foundation of a championship dynasty that will endure for a decade plus.

Meh.

This is about where the build progression was likely to be. Last season was an aberration of luck and backup qbs. This year, no such luck and they won 9 games and lost 3 or 4 headscratchers. Young players developed really well, some didnt.

Keep building it.

BigRock
First back to back winning years since 96-97

Progress!

05-06 were winning seasons.

First back to back winning seasons by one head coach since the late 90's, though. QUICK, LET'S FIRE HIM.

Bearcat
12-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Yeah, it sucks that they're average, but the silver lining is that they went 9-7 against a brutal schedule where a lot of us had them at 8-8 or worse.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the 2015 season

They played 6 playoff teams this year and went 2-4 against them.

1-5 last year.

Trivers
12-28-2014, 03:40 PM

Careful!

You are wasting logic in a drama thread.

carcosa
12-28-2014, 03:41 PM

1-5 last year.

I still have no idea how the hell this team beat the Patriots AND Seahawks.

Trivers
12-28-2014, 03:42 PM

A foundation is being laid.

Titty Meat
This thread is stupid.

Bewbies

1-5 last year.

Progress. LMAO

Bowser
12-28-2014, 03:43 PM
I still have no idea how the hell this team beat the Patriots AND Seahawks.

It really is a headscratcher. Beat the defending champs, lose to an 0-fer ten team the next week. Logic = out the window.

Bearcat
You almost have to try to be as bad as the Chiefs were in 2012... FFS, a backup QB beat a team playing for a playoff spot and it wasn't until the 4th quarter that wins were pulled out against Jacksonville and Cleveland.

As much as everyone loves talking about how tough it is to win in the NFL, being mediocre in a league of mediocrity and shitty football simply isn't that hard to accomplish.

Bowser
This thread is stupid.

SO'S YOUR FACE

O.city
12-28-2014, 03:44 PM
The chargers are a playoff team had the chiefs not beaten them 2. They beat good teams with good qbs this year and lost to some.

Keep adding talent and developing it

DRU
12-28-2014, 03:44 PM

1-5 last year.

And those 2 just happened to be the 2 (likely) #1 seeds going in this year, right? Then we also lose to the 2 worst teams in the league. Inconsistency kills.

Bewbies
12-28-2014, 03:45 PM
I think clearly there has been progress, however, it's been so long since they won a playoff game all you can do is laugh at them.

Titty Meat
12-28-2014, 03:46 PM
This was a 6 win team before the injuries to 3 of their best run run defenders and the drop off from Allen to Mcgloyn is big. 11 draft picks next year and hopefully a little cap space. They'll contend next year.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 03:46 PM
The chargers are a playoff team had the chiefs not beaten them 2. They beat good teams with good qbs this year and lost to some.

Keep adding talent and developing it

I guess that is another positive from the season - a TON of young guys stepped up and contributed. Impressive, especially considering all the injuries.

O.city
12-28-2014, 03:47 PM
You almost have to try to be as bad as the Chiefs were in 2012... FFS, a backup QB beat a team playing for a playoff spot and it wasn't until the 4th quarter that wins were pulled out against Jacksonville and Cleveland.

As much as everyone loves talking about how tough it is to win in the NFL, being mediocre in a league of mediocrity and shitty football simply isn't that hard to accomplish.

I agree.

However, not all seasons are equal. This tears 9 wins are more impressive than most of last year's 11 and they won't make the playoffs.

In actuality, there isn't alot separating the average good teams and the upper echelon ones.

But that little bit is what the chiefs have to find this offseason. I know where I'd start, but I doubt they feel the same.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 03:48 PM
Real talk though...this hasn't happened since 2005-2006.

JFC

Now the question is, with the decline of the 08 class, does this team fall apart next year like the 07 Chiefs?

O.city
12-28-2014, 03:48 PM
Get a playmaker at wr. Not 2 or 3, just 1. Add him to the current core and you're good to go.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 03:59 PM
I suppose I should concede that it is no small feat to turn around the disaster that Pioli made of this team in the span of two seasons. Reid actually probably had a better year coaching this year than he did last year. I am cautiously optimistic looking forward, but I will hold fast to my resolution of not buying tickets to games until this franchise either wins in the playoffs and/or drafts a QB in the first round.

O.city
12-28-2014, 04:01 PM

JFC

Now the question is, with the decline of the 08 class, does this team fall apart next year like the 07 Chiefs?

I don't think so. There's good amount of young talent that came on strong this year.

With this 11 picks we have, some should be traded for a lg and or wr

FlaChief58
12-28-2014, 04:02 PM

JFC

That's why this year's draft is so important. They HAVE to hit on at least 4-6 of the 11 picks. 2-3 starters and some quality backups

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 04:03 PM
I don't think so. There's good amount of young talent that came on strong this year.

Offensively, it's just Kelce.

Worrisome.

We need DAT and Kelce to take strides.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 04:04 PM

Worrisome.

But...but Albert Wilson could be a weapon in this offense! /FB idiots

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 04:05 PM
But...but Albert Wilson could be a weapon in this offense! /FB idiots

If Wilson and DAT can pan out as legitimate NFL receivers that would be huge.

Right now they are big question marks.

TEX
12-28-2014, 04:08 PM

JFC

I think not. Or has there been a Herm Sighting at One Arrowhead???

Bowser
12-28-2014, 04:08 PM

"IF"

Honestly, I want us to change the entire offensive philosophy in regards to the passing game. I know it won't happen, but that's what I want. This dink and dunk crap is just useless of the course of a full season, particularly in the red zone.

TEX
12-28-2014, 04:09 PM

Yep. So much so that Dex was missed...

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 04:10 PM
I think not. Or has there been a Herm Sighting at One Arrowhead???

The 07 team collapsed because the old talent got too old.

Imagine this offense if Bowe and Charles lose a step. Alex's 40 time isn't getting faster, either.

O.city
12-28-2014, 04:11 PM
"IF"

Honestly, I want us to change the entire offensive philosophy in regards to the passing game. I know it won't happen, but that's what I want. This dink and dunk crap is just useless of the course of a full season, particularly in the red zone.

That's not the philosophy.

O.city
12-28-2014, 04:12 PM

Worrisome.

They did.

Both look the part

Bowser
That's not the philosophy.

You saying our esteemed QB made it the philosophy?

O.city
You saying our esteemed QB made it the philosophy?

Not to beat a dead horse, but.....

Easy 6
12-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Am I the only one wondering if Smith is actually any better than Daniel?

Daniel has pretty much the same arm, but his decisiveness and willingness to take deep shots really stood out today... he's not afraid to take a chance in the same way Smith is.

And he's just as quick on the run, maybe quicker.

Bowser
Not to beat a dead horse, but.....

Nah, that fucking horse still needs kicked around as far as I'm concerned.

I know our line took two or three steps back from last year (and Fisher looks average at very best at LT so far), but Alex isn't doing anything out there that Daniel probably couldn't have done for far cheaper.

Hammock Parties
They did.

Both look the part

DAT didn't even have 200 yards receiving this year. Need to see more. A lot more.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Great minds, Scotty

TEX
12-28-2014, 04:16 PM

Imagine this offense if Bowe and Charles lose a step. Alex's 40 time isn't getting faster, either.

In part but Herm was also a factor.

Simply Red
12-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Party people
Yeah Tag Team music
In Full Effect
That's me DC the Brain Supreme
And my man Steve Roll'n
We're kicking the flow we're kickin' the flow
And it goes a little somethin' like this
Tag Team back again
Check its records let's begin
Party on party people let me hear some noise
DC's in the house jump jump rejoice
There's a party over here
A party over there
Wave your hands in the air
Shake your deriere
These three words when you're gettin' busy
Whoomp there it is
Hit me

Upside down and inside out
I'm about to show all you folks
What's it's all about
Now it's time for a ****a to get on the mic
And make this mother ****ing party hype
I'm taking it back to the old school
'Cause I'm an old fool who's so cool
If you want to get down
I'm gonna show you the way whoomp there it is
Let me hear you say

Whoomp chak a laka chack a laka chak a laka chak a

Point blank gin and juice I drank
Gettin' bent and bent and as I puff on a dankt
Rock a mic
Uh oh I crave skin
Rip shit
Find a honey to to dip it in
Slam dunk it stick it flip it and ride
That B double O T Y oh my
Ooh thats it come on come on
Whoomp there it is
I'm done

Some say I'm crazy
Cause I'm pushin' up daises
The underground sound that you have found
Amazing outstanding demanding
Commanding you people dancin'
Shit that's a breath taker
I produce AKA the undertaker
You want to come down to the underground
Old school - here's a shovel can you dig it fool
Can you dig it
We can dig it
Can y'll dig it
We can dig it

W H double O M P as I flow
To the fly shit from the school of old
Hardcore keep the folk lore wreck
Three to the two and one mic-check
Mad skill flow ill on the mesh of steel
That's the grill of the microphone I just killed
Party people it's your party Tag Team is through
Whoomp there it is I thought you knew

Yeah Tag Team music comin' straight atcha
That's me DC the brain supreme
And my man Steve Roll'n
Bring it back ya'll bring it back ya'll bring it back
Here we go

Whoomp there it is

O.city
12-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Daniel isn't a starting nfl qb. He is what he is.

Smith is average, but he's better than chase.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Ironically, the last team we beat in the playoffs, the Oilers, played that fucking song every time they scored or had a big play against us in that playoff game in January '04.

Nice internet feng shui, SR.

YayMike
12-28-2014, 04:20 PM

Great point. Hope the draft is as good at getting a WR or two, An OT or 2, and a MLB or two.

I think that we can use free agency to sign another wide receiver and some depth positions or even a starting guard depending on space, so that we don't have to waste draft picks on them. Take a couple of chances in the third round with our extra pics and hope that they hit.

ping2000
12-28-2014, 04:20 PM
That's why this year's draft is so important. They HAVE to hit on at least 4-6 of the 11 picks. 2-3 starters and some quality backups

Dorsey. Not feeling optimistic.

YayMike
12-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Daniel isn't a starting nfl qb. He is what he is.

Smith is average, but he's better than chase.

Agreed. But I wouldn't mind seeing him with a halfway decent offense of line in front of him.

I think that once we revamp the offense of line all of our quarterbacks will look a lot better even Alice Smith

Simply Red
12-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Alex left his spleen in Pittsburgh

ping2000
12-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Alex left his spleen in Pittsburgh

Where did he leave his balls?

Saccopoo
12-28-2014, 04:57 PM

And considering that they lost two All-Pro's in Johnson and Berry, the starting RDE in DeVito, the starting LG in Allen.

Their past Smith is garbage. Worst WR corps in the NFL. OL is crap outside of Hudson and they still get to 9-7 facing an absolutely brutal schedule in year two of a regime change that, as you said, saw the Chiefs as the worst team in the NFL prior to Dorsey and Reid.

There weren't many people around here who thought that they'd be 9-7, especially after Johnson, DeVito, Allen and Berry went down.

Considering everything, 9-7 is pretty fucking good.

They'll be legit next year.

No worse than 10-6, but more like 11-5/13-4 and the AFC Championship game.

In58men
12-28-2014, 04:59 PM
As long as we're 8-8 or 9-7 we have a great team.

Mediocrity is the Chiefs Way

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 05:02 PM
the AFC Championship game.

ROFL

Saccopoo
12-28-2014, 05:03 PM
As long as we're 8-8 or 9-7 we have a great team.

Mediocrity is the Chiefs Way

Because teams always go from 2-14 setting historical ineptitude records to winning the Super Bowl in a single season.

Tard.

Saccopoo
12-28-2014, 05:05 PM
ROFL

You might want to see how that first bug goes down before you start getting ready for the 2015 season.

In58men
12-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Because teams always go from 2-14 setting historical ineptitude records to winning the Super Bowl in a single season.

Tard.

Annnnnnd nobody cares what kind of turn around we had. If you don't win post season games or make yourself relevant, nobody gives a shit bro. Next year you'll be happy we go 9-7 again.

Discuss Thrower
12-28-2014, 05:07 PM
05-06 were winning seasons.

First back to back winning seasons by one head coach since the late 90's, though. QUICK, LET'S FIRE HIM.
Andy Reid won't win anything unless Jim Johnson starts calling in defenses on the Oiuja Board.

Saccopoo
12-28-2014, 05:30 PM
Annnnnnd nobody cares what kind of turn around we had. If you don't win post season games or make yourself relevant, nobody gives a shit bro. Next year you'll be happy we go 9-7 again.

Next year is 11-5/12-4 and the AFC Championship game.

And you eating a bug with Clay, Debbie Downer.

In58men
12-28-2014, 05:34 PM

With Alex Smith? In order for that to happen Manning, Brady, Big Ben and Andrew Luck will all have to retire. Smith can't beat those guys in the post season

Cheater5
12-28-2014, 05:37 PM
With Alex Smith? In order for that to happen Manning, Brady, Big Ben and Andrew Luck will all have to retire. Smith can't beat those guys in the post season

Or we field a defensive unit that ranks in the Top 5.

Of ALL TIME.

Meatloaf
12-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Where did he leave his balls?

Ping, you're hitting 'em outa the park today. Nice.

Discuss Thrower
12-28-2014, 05:39 PM

Bullshit.

9-7 at best, will be playing for the 3rd wild card if they it in week 17.

Too many holes to fill in one off season.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
Well, considering 90% of the posters here said we'd be lucky to win five games the second the schedule was posted earlier this year, I'd say we had a pretty damn good year, especially with those key injuries early in the season.

Of course, it could have been better. But, I think I came a lot closer with my original 10-6 prediction than most of the initial CP professional prognosticators.

So, while I'm not happy with the final results, I'm definitely pleased by things I saw (and defeating SD twice, New England, Seattle, Buffalo in Buffalo, Miami in Miami, and romping on a StL team that made some other AFCW teams look silly . . . all of those were good things.)

milkman

As long as Alex Smith is the QB and Andy Reid is the coach, this team will be nothing more than pretenders, unless John Dorsey can stock the rest of the roster with All Pros.

carcosa
12-28-2014, 05:41 PM
On pace for a 3-13 record by 2017! Hopefully the 2018 draft class has some good QBs!??

Simply Red
12-28-2014, 05:42 PM
You might want to see how that first bug goes down before you start getting ready for the 2015 season.

http://i.imgur.com/qMaVllj.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-28-2014, 05:43 PM
This team will never win anything out consequence with Smith as QB, making 17 million bones per.

It's incredibly easy and preposterously pointless to build a team like this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 05:54 PM
In other news, this fucking offense has to go. Could you imagine what we would have looked like if we didn't have Jamaal Charles? This offense would have made Brian Daboll look like a Rhodes Scholar.

This. Oh so much this. When Charles isn't there to carry Alex's Garfield lunch box, shit gets ugly fast.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 06:01 PM
As long as Alex Smith is the QB and Andy Reid is the coach, this team will be nothing more than pretenders, unless John Dorsey can stock the rest of the roster with All Pros.Yeah, that's the disheartening part. We've had two full seasons of the Alex and Andy Show.

We know what we have in those two. And it just doesn't inspire any sort of confidence unless you're deaf, blind and dumb. Which I suspect a large portion of this fan base is.

Trivers
12-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Yeah, that's the disheartening part. We've had two full seasons of the Alex and Andy Show.

We know what we have in those two. And it just doesn't inspire any sort of confidence unless you're deaf, blind and dumb. Which I suspect a large portion of this fan base is.

Have Y'all contacted Dorsey offering your services?

With your keen skill and in-depth football knowledge, they could use your help.

Discuss Thrower
12-28-2014, 06:41 PM

I'd guarantee 75% of NFL coaches and GMs would agree with our realization that Smith and Reid won't win a championship.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 06:43 PM

You're right. We should all ignore the painfully obvious staring us right in our faces, shut our mouths, and enjoy the fact that we have a football team at all.

Trivers
12-28-2014, 06:44 PM
I'd guarantee 75% of NFL coaches and GMs would agree with our realization that Smith and Reid won't win a championship.

75%?

Guaranteed?

How many beers have you had today?

Feeling good?

Party on!

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 06:44 PM
I was glancing through various Chiefs sites on Facebook, and the overriding feeling was "I don't care about the playoffs, I just want a winning season!". Immediately I think of this place and just how accurate we have all been over the years in saying that the average Chiefs fan in this city will just absolutely settle for mediocrity. It's really so pathetic.

I am calling bullshit on your assertion any fans would rather have a winning season than be in the playoffs.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 06:45 PM
I am calling bullshit on your assertion any fans would rather have a winning season than be in the playoffs.

It's out in the comments of various Chiefs FB pages. Feel free to browse and be stunned.

To be fair - that wasn't the overall agreement, but those people are definitely out there.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 06:47 PM

With your keen skill and in-depth football knowledge, they could use your help.Believe it to achieve it!

If you want it bad enough anything can happen!

Good things come to those who wait!!

I'm sure you can contact them as well. They'd love another guy to strap on the fart-mask and suck down last night's dinner in gaseous form and tell them how good it tastes!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 06:50 PM

I'll be damned; we just got a Lil' Chiefy drive-by.

RealSNR
12-28-2014, 06:50 PM

HE TRIES HARD DAMN IT

TLO
12-28-2014, 06:54 PM
I'll be damned; we just got a Lil' Chiefy drive-by.

I hate you so much.

Trivers
12-28-2014, 06:54 PM
You're right. We should all ignore the painfully obvious staring us right in our faces, shut our mouths, and enjoy the fact that we have a football team at all.

No, no, no.

We are all entitled to our opinions!

It's the part where someone states they speak for a large part of the CP or 75% of NFL GMs, that stretches creditably.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Trivers: "This mask fits a little tight, but I don't want to miss anything so I'll just suck it up and wear it! Get it? Suck it up??? Hahahaha."

Dorsey: "Hilarious stuff gimp. As soon as I get this tubing shoved up my asshole I'll give you a taste of last night's whopper. I can feel the turd pushing hard on my rectal door, so rest assured, this hit is right off the tip of the ol' shitberg."

Trivers: "That's awful swell of you John. Not only do you give us Chiefs fans the winning environment and positive guidance of Alex and Andy, you even share your dinner with lucky SOB's like me! I just feel, well...blessed I guess."

Dorsey: "Uh-huh, riveting stuff. *JD's asshole* WARRRRBLLEGURRRGGLEWWWAAAARBURBLLELEEE."

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 07:03 PM
I hate you so much.

Ahhhh...fullness is now brought to my day. :D

Trivers
12-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Trivers: "This mask fits a little tight, but I don't want to miss anything so I'll just suck it up and wear it! Get it? Suck it up??? Hahahaha."

Dorsey: "Hilarious stuff gimp. As soon as I get this tubing shoved up my asshole I'll give you a taste of last night's whopper. I can feel the turd pushing hard on my rectal door, so rest assured, this hit is right off the tip of the ol' shitberg."

Trivers: "That's awful swell of you John. Not only do you give us Chiefs fans the winning environment and positive guidance of Alex and Andy, you even share your dinner with lucky SOB's like me! I just feel, well...blessed I guess."

Dorsey: "Uh-huh, riveting stuff. *JD's asshole* WARRRRBLLEGURRRGGLEWWWAAAARBURBLLELEEE."

Cute and crude deflection. But not very original.

Tell you what, meet me in London next year and I'll buy you a pint. I will be there, will you?

Pablo
12-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Cute and crude deflection. But not very original.

Tell you what, meet me in London next year and I'll buy you a pint. I will be there, will you?No, most definitely not.

Red Dawg
12-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Whatever Dorsey does this off season must be geared towards winning it all very soon. The window is now for our core players. Hate Alex all you want but he is the guy the next two seasons and that is our wndow. After that we will have no vet QB and probably no Charles, DJ, Tamba. Not to mention Berry and Bowe.

Bowe can go now as he has shown this season to be nobody except for a few games.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Whatever Dorsey does this off season must be geared towards winning it all very soon. The window is now for our core players. Hate Alex all you want but he is the guy the next two seasons and that is our wndow. After that we will have no vet QB and probably no Charles, DJ, Tamba. Not to mention Berry and Bowe.

Bowe can go now as he has shown this season to be nobody except for a few games.Do you trust him to make those sort of moves after he went into this season ignoring the OL and WR corps?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 07:14 PM
We already had the window. JFC.

MTG#10
12-28-2014, 07:15 PM
I think they'll be better next year. One and done in the playoffs but 10+ wins.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 07:29 PM
I think they'll be better next year. One and done in the playoffs but 10+ wins.

The Chiefs won't be "better" until they can enjoy success in the postseason. Even if we went 14-2 and lost in our first playoff game, we wouldn't be "better".

Postseason wins should be the singular focus of the Chiefs for next season and going forward.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 07:32 PM
I just came. Everywhere. To a picture of Alex Smith's lacerated spleen.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 07:33 PM
I just came. Everywhere. To a picture of Alex Smith's lacerated spleen.

I did that like 3 days ago.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 07:34 PM
I did that like 3 days ago.

I wonder who scored the better time.

TLO
12-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Ahhhh...fullness is now brought to my day. :D

I'm sorry. You're probably a nice person. But I see the words "Lil' Chiefy" and I get filled with rage. :mad:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry. You're probably a nice person. But I see the words "Lil' Chiefy" and I get filled with rage. :mad:

Then maybe the Chiefs should stop being a bunch of goddamned "Lil' Chiefy's" and pull their heads from their asses.

We can start by firing Jabba the Cheesesteak and his little check down-throwing tree-lizard!

milkman
12-28-2014, 08:37 PM

I'm calling bullshit on the level of your comprehension.

O.city
12-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Andy Reid won't win anything unless Jim Johnson starts calling in defenses on the Oiuja Board.

His current defense is just as good as this philly ones were in terms of defending the pass and not getting scored upon. Run d is lacking but that's not a big problem.

Lack of an explosive offense is the problem

GoChargers
12-28-2014, 09:55 PM

If it makes you feel any better, it's no different in San Diego. Our mouthbreathing homer fanbase thinks 9-7 is a "good record" and is literally blaming injuries and refs entirely for not making the playoffs.

Discuss Thrower
12-28-2014, 11:07 PM
His current defense is just as good as this philly ones were in terms of defending the pass and not getting scored upon. Run d is lacking but that's not a big problem.

Lack of an explosive offense is the problem

Sutton did a commendable job with running a true bend but don't break defense that never allowed 30+ points in the year with a bunch of castoffs and JAGs as starters.

But Johnson's death correlates with both a drop in overall season and post-week 8 record.

Jimmya
12-28-2014, 11:33 PM
Lol.... NOBODY will ever forget Suttons epic fail to Mr Luck last year.

dls6501
12-28-2014, 11:36 PM
WFD.

fishnut
12-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Then maybe the Chiefs should stop being a bunch of goddamned "Lil' Chiefy's" and pull their heads from their asses.

We can start by firing Jabba the Cheesesteak and his little check down-throwing tree-lizard!

Amen to that, Reid will never take this team anywhere. Smith just sucks.

philfree
12-29-2014, 01:35 AM
Going back 3-4 years ago this is so much better.

Easy 6
12-29-2014, 05:19 AM
The incredibad "no touchdowns to a wide receiver" stat got its own front page story on yahoo today, so uniquely terrible that the nation needed to be informed of it...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chiefs-get-first-wide-receiver-td--and-then-it-s-taken-away-190856061.html

keg in kc
12-29-2014, 05:44 AM
The logical side of me says 9-7 with the injuries they suffered was good, but the part of me that watched the games sees two or three wins left on the table and two more really bad inexplicable/unforgivable losses to two terrible teams. In the end I think they should have won 11 or 12 games, this was one of the more disappointing seasons in recent memory and it leaves me more concerned for the long term than I was five months ago. Aside from Houston (who may never match his 2014 production) and Kelce and to a lesser degree DAT I don't see many significant contributors who appear to be trending upwards at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-29-2014, 06:11 AM
The incredibad "no touchdowns to a wide receiver" stat got its own front page story on yahoo today, so uniquely terrible that the nation needed to be informed of it...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chiefs-get-first-wide-receiver-td--and-then-it-s-taken-away-190856061.html

LMAO Good.

Jimmya
12-29-2014, 06:24 AM
It's an amazing feat.....maybe Smiff can keep the no td to wr's going next year. :(

rabblerouser
12-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Fuck this thread.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-29-2014, 07:01 AM
I'll say this for Daniel:

His self-assessment in the post game presser is damn near unheard of in these parts.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Very happy about two winning seasons in a row. This is a step in the right direction imo. We had a tough schedule and this was my goal for the 2014 season. We over came a lot of injuries and other surprises.

Allen
Stephenson
Avery
Cooper
Berry
Devito
DJ
Mays

All of those guys were supposed to be starters all year. That's almost 1/3 of the starting roster! Furthermore, the majority of this board predicted 6-10 or lower before the season started and we lost most of those guys. 9-7 is a huge victory imo.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2014, 09:01 AM
This team will never win anything out consequence with Smith as QB, making 17 million bones per.

It's incredibly easy and preposterously pointless to build a team like this.
Nor will it win anything with reid. Smith is the classic scape goat for CP. But in reality reid is the majority of the issue.

He was released from his handcuffs yesterday yet same shit offense with same shit results.

Daniels was supposed to stretch the field and make defenses pay. Yet dunked and dunked himself to laughable sacks.

Skyy God
12-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Whiplash Good Job.gif

Mav
12-29-2014, 09:28 AM
Nor will it win anything with reid. Smith is the classic scape goat for CP. But in reality reid is the majority of the issue.

He was released from his handcuffs yesterday yet same shit offense with same shit results.

Daniels was supposed to stretch the field and make defenses pay. Yet dunked and dunked himself to laughable sacks.

wait, who the hell thought that Daniel was going to stretch the field?

Are you actually proposing that he has a stronger arm than Alex Smith?

Because while Smith has a mediocre arm, Daniel has a NEGATIVE arm.

He throws fucking balloon balls.

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Heh. The social media spin machine at 1 Arrowhead Drive is already picking up speed:

The 20 wins over the last two seasons for Andy Reid is the best start for any coach in Chiefs franchise history, including Hank Stram or Marty Schottenheimer.

Well, fuck. Better call up and order tickets for 2015 then.

Thanks for not fucking up our tailgates!

Titty Meat
12-29-2014, 10:00 AM

Because while has a mediocre arm, Daniel has a NEGATIVE arm.

He throws ****ing balloon balls.

He's the same guy who bagged on Bob Sutton all year. He's clueless.

Titty Meat
Heh. The social media spin machine at 1 Arrowhead Drive is already picking up speed:

Well, ****. Better call up and order tickets for 2015 then.

Thanks for not ****ing up our tailgates!

This team wasn't winning the super bowl. Not sure what you expected?

Mav
He's the same guy who bagged on Bob Sutton all year. He's clueless.
Apparently.

Pablo
12-29-2014, 12:11 PM
This team wasn't winning the super bowl. Not sure what you expected?I just don't understand how people can adjust their expectations after a 7-3 start and expect their team to make the playoffs and be competitive.

After all, most of us would have been pretty happy with .500 before the season started, amirite?? That second half collapse wasn't anything to get too alarmed about for the second year in a row, just call in and get your tix while you still can!

Titty Meat
12-29-2014, 12:18 PM
I just don't understand how people can adjust their expectations after a 7-3 start and expect their team to make the playoffs and be competitive.

After all, most of us would have been pretty happy with .500 before the season started, amirite?? That second half collapse wasn't anything to get too alarmed about for the second year in a row, just call in and get your tix while you still can!

After they were 7-3 I thought they would probably make the playoffs but the offensive limitations were apparent all season. This was a 6 win team that won 9 games due to a good coach.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 12:22 PM
This team wasn't winning the super bowl. Not sure what you expected?

Exactly... It was a good season. People should be happy. It's fucking hard to win the Superbowl. It really cracks me up how people here have a sense of entitlement about Superbowls. Odds are it won't happen anytime soon. Before the season I talked about how two winning seasons in a row would make me happy and Sauto and others killed me for it. They called me a true fan and a homer. In the end I just love the Chiefs and love seeing them win. I'm just not investing like I used to. This is about being happy.

Pablo
12-29-2014, 12:29 PM
You think this place wouldn't have collectively jizzed all over themselves had the Chiefs ONLY won their first playoff game in two decades?

Sure, the SB is the end goal for any franchise worth a shit, and that's what I want to see in my lifetime; but people here would have been elated with a playoff win.

Did you read any of the Royals threads after we won our play-in game or our first series? People were tickled as shit in this town that their team won anything. The Chiefs would have been blown by drafturbator and true fan alike had they actually made the playoffs and won. Something none of us have seen in three different presidential administrations.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2014, 12:30 PM

Because while Smith has a mediocre arm, Daniel has a NEGATIVE arm.

He throws fucking balloon balls.
I am not proposing shit. Daniels is about as trash as one could get.

More of a shot at the reidtards and mutards.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 12:33 PM
You think this place wouldn't have collectively jizzed all over themselves had the Chiefs ONLY won their first playoff game in two decades?

Sure, the SB is the end goal for any franchise worth a shit, and that's what I want to see in my lifetime; but people here would have been elated with a playoff win.

Did you read any of the Royals threads after we won our play-in game or our first series? People were tickled as shit in this town that their team won anything. The Chiefs would have been blown by drafturbator and true fan alike had they actually made the playoffs and won. Something none of us have seen in three different presidential administrations.

A playoff win would be great but, truthfully, getting your hopes up for that shit is the very definition of being a true fan imo. I stopped having hope a long time ago and I am much happier for doing so. I am a live in the moment fan nowadays.

dls6501
12-29-2014, 12:42 PM
I understand the whole "you have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk or run" idea. Problem is, the way this team is constructed, it would be like applying that statement to a guy who is missing a leg and a foot.

Sure, we have gotten to the point where we can crawl successfully....but I doubt this team will ever be able to run.

Pablo
12-29-2014, 12:47 PM
I understand the whole "you have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk or run" idea. Problem is, the way this team is constructed, it would be like applying that statement to a guy who is missing a leg and a foot.

Sure, we have gotten to the point where we can crawl successfully....but I doubt this team will ever be able to run.We're a childhood Forrest Gump franchise.

We're never breaking out of those leg casts though.

BossChief
12-29-2014, 12:54 PM

Worrisome.

Wilson
Thomas
Kelce

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2014, 01:01 PM

Carl Peterson did a market survey in 1989. Pretty much everything they did was from the results of that. He might just have been one of the smartest men in all of professional sports. He knew exactly what this fan base wanted.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Wilson
Thomas
Kelce

DAT and Wilson are still unproven players.

They make Dex look dependable right now.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Carl Peterson did a market survey in 1989. Pretty much everything they did was from the results of that. He might just have been one of the smartest men in all of professional sports. He knew exactly what this fan base wanted.

And he did his job so well some of us got addicted and can't kick the habit despite being clean for 4 years.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Truthfully, if you want a Superbowl, you are cheering for the wrong team. It's going to be a miracle if we win another one. I am talking like a puppy that drown in a pool and then gets revived from CPR after 20 minutes type of miracle. There have only been 50 Superbowls. The odds are not in our favor.

Marcellus
12-29-2014, 01:15 PM
It sucks we fucked ourselves because we should have won at least 2 more and possibly 4 more games.