PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 6-10 Team with Chase Daniel

Pages : [1] 2

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Someone at the game today made a comment that we should play Chase Daniel next year and "get rid of that clown Smith". Like always, I wanted to see what the data suggests.

We have almost no sample size for Daniel as he's played 2 games. We have a large sample size for Alex though. QB rating is extremely correlated (http://digitalcommons.bryant.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=honors_economics) to wins in the NFL. The average rating is 84: a team can expect an additional win (or loss) moving approximately 6 points from the median. Alex had a 93 rating and Daniel had a 75 rating today. That's an implied swing of 3 full games if we assume static performance.

While there is no way to know if Daniel would perform differently over the course of a season, it's doubtful any teams (or our own coaching staff) believe he could. Else, he'd be picked up as a starter. Whether Chiefs fans see any value finishing 9-7 vs 6-10 if you miss the playoffs regardless is another discussion.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 05:23 PM
You'd be hard pressed to convince me that Chase couldn't do anything Alex did this season.

Gonzo
12-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Nobody on any NFL team is more popular than the backup quarterback.

King_Chief_Fan
12-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Any qb can play this offense.
Any claim to fame about Daniel in this offense is basically retarded. 5 visits to the red zone and 1 TD.
Nothing to crow about for Daniel other than he can fill in adequately for this teams game manager.

TimBone
12-28-2014, 05:25 PM
You'd be hard pressed to convince me that Chase couldn't do anything Alex did this season.
I agree with this mostly. The one exception is the Buffalo game. I think Smith won that game for us. It was the perfect game for his non turnover and risk averse nature paid off huge.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 05:28 PM

I'm not convincing anyone of anything, I'm simply posting the data.

If you believe Chase Daniel could run a full season with a 93 rating though, I'll find that extremely doubtful and nobody in the League would likely agree.

Bearcat
12-28-2014, 05:28 PM

Well, for Packers fans, I think it's...
Favorite player: Aaron Rodgers
2nd favorite player: One legged Aaron Rodgers

Sannyasi
12-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Daniel didn't have a very good game, but I do think its hard to step in and play at a high level when you don't even know you are starting until a few days before the game.

Bowser
I agree with this mostly. The one exception is the Buffalo game. I think Smith won that game for us. It was the perfect game for his non turnover and risk averse nature paid off huge.

I remember that Buffalo game being won by fantastic play out of Ron Parker, only to see him get turned to burnt toast the rest of the season. I honestly have no memory of Alex's performance that game.

jd1020
Daniel's first start of the year with less than a week of preparation > Smith's first start of the year with a full offseason.

stonedstooge
12-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Daniel didn't have a very good game, but I do think its hard to step in and play at a high level when you don't even know you are starting until a few days before the game.

With the limited practice days and times allowed, I wonder how many minutes of 1st team practice snaps he even got to take?

notorious
12-28-2014, 05:33 PM
95% of the production for 25% the price.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 05:33 PM

My thoughts too when I heard that. I figured it was probably being said here too. Alex' rating the past 4 years has been pretty stout and is probably adding 2 full wins to our season records vs an average QB.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 05:34 PM
95% of the production.

Except not even close.

Easy 6
12-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Daniel's first start of the year with less than a week of preparation > Smith's first start of the year with a full offseason.

Pretty much.

He has the same arm and running ability, but way more guts.

notorious
12-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Except not even close.

You can tell from 2 games?

Riiiiiight.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Hard to believe that a QB would be playing his best during his first start in a year.

data incomplete

conclusion fail

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 05:41 PM
You can tell from 2 games?

Riiiiiight.

But you can?

Bowser
12-28-2014, 05:41 PM
With the limited practice days and times allowed, I wonder how many minutes of 1st team practice snaps he even got to take?

Felt like this should be quoted

notorious
12-28-2014, 05:42 PM
But you can?

I can tell you that Alex isn't getting us anywhere, so why not put that cap space towards the ultimate OLine or WR's?

Besides, the 2 games of data backs up my argument a hell of a lot better than yours.

Eleazar
12-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Daniel is probably one of the league's better backup quarterbacks, which is what he should remain.

Gravedigger
12-28-2014, 05:46 PM

If you believe Chase Daniel could run a full season with a 93 rating though, I'll find that extremely doubtful and nobody in the League would likely agree.

Your "data" has Chase with two games, how many games does Alex have?

MIAdragon
12-28-2014, 05:47 PM

2 games of data, lolz.

Ragged Robin
12-28-2014, 05:48 PM
at least we can confirm that Bowe is allergic to the endzone.

Jimmya
12-28-2014, 05:48 PM
I want to know what you're smoking if you think Smiff is way better than Daniel!

MIAdragon
12-28-2014, 05:49 PM
And QBR is not a stat Id rely on to pick a QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 05:51 PM
6-10 doesn't satisfy Lil' Chiefy. He demands at least 7 in order to feel good about himself.

chiefzilla1501
12-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Give me a break. Smith is easily better than daniel.

What I hope this exposed was the dumbass myths we've been shoveled all year long that are excuses for Smith. The OL is terrible... They looked just fine today behind a QB who got rid of the ball quickly. The receivers are a dumpster fire... They were getting open today and had a QB who actually took shots at them downfield. The second half showed us the real chase Daniel. Neither Smith nor Daniel are the answer. Sorry guys... While this game should signal to management that we should no longer make excuses for Smith, it probably solidifies chase Daniel as our backup. It's one of those catch 22 only the Chiefs can find themselves in. Backup plays well enough to damage stock of first string qb but also strengthen stock of the backup qb who isn't the answer.

Ragged Robin
12-28-2014, 05:54 PM
let's not get carried away here guys, 16/27 157yds 0td 0int doesn't qualify as tearing it up solely because his name isn't Smith ROFL

Bowser
12-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Give me a break. Smith is easily better than daniel.

What I hope this exposed was the dumbass myths we've been shoveled all year long that are excuses for Smith. The OL is terrible... They looked just fine today behind a QB who got rid of the ball quickly. The receivers are a dumpster fire... They were getting open today and had a QB who actually took shots at them downfield. The second half showed us the real chase Daniel. Neither Smith nor Daniel are the answer. Sorry guys... While this game should signal to management that we should no longer make excuses for Smith, it probably solidifies chase Daniel as our backup. It's one of those catch 22 only the Chiefs can find themselves in. Backup plays well enough to damage stock of first string qb but also strengthen stock of the backup qb who isn't the answer.

I don't think anyone is looking for Daniel to be the starter here. We're just making the point that Alex was in no way better in 15 games than what Chase was today (with no reps the first few days of practice with the ones, to boot).

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 05:56 PM
I can tell you that Alex isn't getting us anywhere, so why not put that cap space towards the ultimate OLine or WR's?

Besides, the 2 games of data backs up my argument a hell of a lot better than yours.

So 2 games isn't enough for me to make an assessment - but it's enough for you? Good to know. Thanks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 05:57 PM
WHO? WHO COULD WE HAVE GOTTEN TO FILL ALEX'S MIGHTY SHOES, THEY ASKED?

Answer:

Just about anyone. And we did.

notorious
12-28-2014, 05:57 PM
So 2 games isn't enough for me to make an assessment - but it's enough for you? Good to know. Thanks.

You're welcome. Any time.

tk13
12-28-2014, 05:59 PM
What's ironic is most people would've been in favor of dumping Daniel for Bray and Murray. But I think he's a solid veteran backup. He's done a good job when asked to play in the regular season.

But anything can happen in a single game too. Matt Flynn is in the Green Bay Packers record book for yards and TDs in a game. He started a week 17 game and put up better numbers than Rodgers had all year. So it can happen to anyone.

jd1020
12-28-2014, 06:00 PM
What's ironic is most people would've been in favor of dumping Daniel for Bray and Murray. But I think he's a solid veteran backup. He's done a good job when asked to play in the regular season.

But anything can happen in a single game, too. Matt Flynn is in the Green Bay Packers record book for yards and TDs in a game. He started a week 17 game and put up better numbers than Rodgers had all year.

I'm still in favor of dumping him. Him and Smith.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 06:00 PM
We're just making the point that Alex was in no way better in 15 games than what Chase was today

He was as good today (75 rating) as the guy with a 93 rating? Bizarro world stuff.

duncan_idaho
12-28-2014, 06:01 PM
When you look at the games the Chiefs have won the past two years with Alex Smith at QB, it's hard to find a game where a performance like Chase Daniel's performance today would NOT have won the game. It maybe costs the Chiefs 2 wins over the two seasons, and maybe turns a few more losses into blowouts.

Considering the huge gap in pay (and cost to acquire) and therefore expectations, it's rather disturbing to see such a small gap in performance.

Just imagine the Chiefs had gone with a stop-gap like Daniel (or Campbell, or Palmer, or Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc.), used the picks traded for Smith to improve the roster with a WR (Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, etc) or OL, and used the money either on free agents or to lock up Justin Houston before he recorded a 22-sack season (which probably saves KC $10-15 million over the course of a five-year deal) and hit FA.

They'd be in much better shape for the long haul. Especially if that 2014 first round pick had been used on someone like Teddy Bridgewater.

Simply Red
I want to know what you're smoking if you think Smiff is way better than Daniel!

have you ever tried meth?

jd1020
He was as good today (75 rating) as the guy with a 93 rating? Bizarro world stuff.

How about you compare their first starts of the year instead of 1 game vs 15, dumbass.

Gravedigger
12-28-2014, 06:02 PM

No the two seasons of Alex Smith data is enough for us to back up our assessment. One of those games was with backups at every single position last year, and today's game was with a busted up Jamaal Charles.

Simply Red
12-28-2014, 06:03 PM
I don't think anyone is looking for Daniel to be the starter here. We're just making the point that Alex was in no way better in 15 games than what Chase was today (with no reps the first few days of practice with the ones, to boot).

Daniel is going into the HOF, bud.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 06:04 PM
At the price Daniel would run; we'd be able to spend considerably on some decent OL/WR/whatever else. Alex's contract will cripple this franchise.

Not that I'm any sort of Daniel fan; but the only difference between sitting home at 9-7 and sitting home at 6-10 is getting a better draft slot.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 06:05 PM
When you look at the games the Chiefs have won the past two years with Alex Smith at QB, it's hard to find a game where a performance like Chase Daniel's performance today would NOT have won the game. It maybe costs the Chiefs 2 wins over the two seasons, and maybe turns a few more losses into blowouts.

The regression value of QB Rating puts serious doubts into your thesis, unless you believe Daniel is a 90+ guy over the course of the season. And that would be an opinion you'd be unlikely to find many places.

Considering the huge gap in pay (and cost to acquire) and therefore expectations, it's rather disturbing to see such a small gap in performance.

The gap is sizeable. But I'd agree Smith is making a lot of $. If however you feel putting $ into other positions is worth a 10-pt hit to QB Rating......the data suggests that's a bad idea.

chiefzilla1501
12-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Always viewed Daniel as a one read qb and today was no exception. Until I see the dude actually run through progressions, to me, chase Daniel is a slightly more athletic Matt Flynn.

duncan_idaho
12-28-2014, 06:14 PM
The regression value of QB Rating puts serious doubts into your thesis, unless you believe Daniel is a 90+ guy over the course of the season. And that would be an opinion you'd be unlikely to find many places.

The gap is sizeable. But I'd agree Smith is making a lot of $. If however you feel putting $ into other positions is worth a 10-pt hit to QB Rating......the data suggests that's a bad idea.

I'm not willing to base that read on QB rating, which I think is a nice stat but not THAT telling or conclusive.

Smith's QB Rating is also a fairly "empty" one. He throws a bunch of short, safe, high-percentage passes, which makes his completion percentage good, and he avoids turnovers. Both of these factors artificially inflate his QB rating.

Go look at it game-by-game. That's what I did before I said that. There are very few games that the Chiefs have won in 2013 and 2014 that actually required Alex Smith to DO much at all (other than manage the game and avoid fucking up).

Deberg_1990
12-28-2014, 06:15 PM
But what would Tyler Bray have done?

mlyonsd
12-28-2014, 06:19 PM
The playbook and the guy calling those plays is the problem right now. End of story.

Bowser
12-28-2014, 06:19 PM

If Bowe didn't drop that pass on the goalline, what would Chase's rating have been? What has Alex done this year that makes you think Chase didn't look like a complete copy of him today? Or is this some weak ass attempt to knock on a Mizzou guy?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Daniel got 1 day of practice with the starters. That's significant.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 06:21 PM
But what would Tyler Bray have done?

The offense would have to be damn near scrapped and re-worked to suit his particular talents.

Which would be so.....so terrible.

How would we ever cope?

Pablo
12-28-2014, 06:22 PM
I believe Daniel would suck if given the opportunity to play 16 games. I KNOW Alex Smith sucks already. One costs a 1/4 of the other and you're never winning anything important with either.

Woo-hoo. The life of a Chiefs fan.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 06:22 PM

In fact, I'm not saying this is the case, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did that on purpose. Again, not the case, but it wouldn't shock me. We all saw what Chase did last year, on the road, with the backups.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Chase would be a nice stopgap while we look for a real QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Daniel and Houston, or Alex and some new guy? What's your choice now?

milkman
12-28-2014, 06:24 PM
You're not competing for a SB with either of these garbage QBs, so who gives a rat's ass?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 06:25 PM
You're not competing for a SB with either of these garbage QBs, so who gives a rat's ass?

/thread.

notorious
12-28-2014, 06:26 PM

Exactly.

Ditch the expensive QB, and plug in the cheap temp until we get a real QB.

jd1020
12-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Daniel and Houston, or Alex and some new guy? What's your choice now?

Houston and some new guy.

chiefzilla1501
12-28-2014, 06:28 PM

And the defense had only a day to scheme them.

Once the Chargers figured out how to defend the read option, Daniel's day was over. He's garbage too. Like Matt Flynn, unfortunately we have a guy who overperformed because of a defense that didn't know how to gameplan for him.

Iconic
12-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Chase would be a nice stopgap while we look for a real QB.

58-4ever
12-28-2014, 06:32 PM
My view of Chase today: He did really well with the first "however many" scripted plays. After that, he struggled when things changed. He's a top 5 backup QB at the top-end.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 06:37 PM
It's interesting: we all know the value of a franchise QB, but some want to ditch our 93-rating QB and allocate savings to other (less important) positions. These are contrary ideas.

I'm perfectly aware Alex Smith is not popular on this board so I'm under no illusion that can ever change.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2014, 06:42 PM

And that's the bottom line.

The real question should be "Which guy gives you a better chance to build SB team while grooming a stud QB?" Not "Do you want 6 wins or 9 wins?"

Easy 6
12-28-2014, 06:58 PM
If Bowe didn't drop that pass on the goalline, what would Chase's rating have been? What has Alex done this year that makes you think Chase didn't look like a complete copy of him today? Or is this some weak ass attempt to knock on a Mizzou guy?

In fairness, he can comfortably lean back in the "nope, too small a sample size" chair... but the fact is that we've twice now watched Daniel be just as productive and even gutsier with his choices than Smith has been in almost two years.

Its not an advocacy for Daniel as teh savior, its more of an indictment against Smith... when your backup creates this much doubt, you're not worth 16 million per, period.

duncan_idaho
12-28-2014, 06:58 PM

Exactly. Why pay $16 million for that garbage QB when you can get 90 percent of the play for 25 percent of the pay?

It's interesting: we all know the value of a franchise QB, but some want to ditch our 93-rating QB and allocate savings to other (less important) positions. These are contrary ideas.

I'm perfectly aware Alex Smith is not popular on this board so I'm under no illusion that can ever change.

Alex Smith is not a franchise QB. His QB rating is a mirage propped up by empty stats.

He's an adequate NFL starter, no more. Unfortunately, he's paid like more.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 07:02 PM
In fairness, he can comfortably lean back in the "nope, too small a sample size" chair... but the fact is that we've twice now watched Daniel be just as productive and even gutsier with his choices than Smith has been in almost two years.

Its not an advocacy for Daniel as teh savior, its more of an indictment against Smith... when your backup creates this much doubt, you're not worth 16 million per, period.Pretty much.

As a KU fan, I pretty much hate the booger eater; but I just don't know that he's that much better or worse than the money-pit we've got at QB. And that's sad stuff.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Alex Smith is not a franchise QB. His QB rating is a mirage propped up by empty stats.

He's an adequate NFL starter, no more. Unfortunately, he's paid like more.

Yep. It's like saying "Jason Vargas is a solid pitcher so why complain about him being your ace?"

Easy 6
12-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Pretty much... sad stuff.

Very.

MahiMike
12-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Completed first 7 passes then our WRs took over.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Yep. It's like saying "Jason Vargas is a solid pitcher so why complain about him being your ace?"

It would be more like saying: "We're going nowhere with Jason Vargas as our ace. Let's replace him with Liam Hendricks, and lose games while drafting young pitchers until we finally find our ace"

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2014, 07:11 PM
It would be more like saying: "We're going nowhere with Jason Vargas as our ace. Let's replace him with Liam Hendricks, and lose games while drafting young pitchers until we finally find our ace"

Interesting. The Royals lost a bunch of games, found their ace high in the draft Grienke and flipped him for ended up Shields, Escobar, and Cain and went to the world series. You might be on to something here.

duncan_idaho
12-28-2014, 07:13 PM

There's no one player on a baseball team who is as important to the outcome of a season as the QB is to a football team, so there's no way to make the comparison individually.

QB=Pitching Rotation generally is about right.

Alex Smith is the equivalent of what the Brewers rolled out there last year. It wasn't awful. It was about the 20th best rotation in baseball. But it was not good enough to be a playoff team or a serious contender for the world title.

I'd think someone who pays such close attention to production compared to salary and overall value when evaluating baseball would apply the same standard to the NFL.

I'd also expect someone as plugged into advanced metrics in MLB to not throw out the NFL's equivalent of Batting Average as THE key stat by which to judge a QB.

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Of course the only reason this thread was made is because of the alma mater of the QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Hey my bad if anyone thought I was advocating for Chase. I'm advocating a shit QB for 4 million per, versus a shit QB for 18 million.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Wanna know why I haven't given up on Alex yet? Because my choices are CHUEFS football or most likely no football. FML

FloridaMan88
12-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Chase Daniel played like Alex Smith today.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Hey my bad if anyone thought I was advocating for Chase. I'm advocating a shit QB for 4 million per, versus a shit QB for 18 million.I bet you're the sort of savage that would advocate dropping Bowe's $14 mil/per contract for some other average ass WR at 1/4 the cost too, huh?

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Wanna know why I haven't given up on Alex yet? Because my choices are CHUEFS football or most likely no football. FML

I haven't given up on him, either.

I know there will be many moments of lulz to come.

Dance for me, clown.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 07:30 PM
I bet you're the sort of savage that would advocate dropping Bowe's $14 mil/per contract for some other average ass WR at 1/4 the cost too, huh?

Actually, the circumstances of being able to walk from that with no penalty I absolutely would right now. Then I'd give that money to Jeremy Maclin.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Or chip it in on Houston. Yeah, that's what I'd do. I'll take Houston over Hali and Bowe.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-28-2014, 07:34 PM

Bullshit! You can become a Bowe Groupie with me! We'll stalk the poor, unsuspecting bastard-fans of whatever franchise elects to accept his greatness!

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Alex Smith is the equivalent of what the Brewers rolled out there last year. It wasn't awful. It was about the 20th best rotation in baseball.

Just crazy talk. In his last 55 games (a massive sample size for an NFL player), Alex has a 93.5 rating and is 38-16-1 or an 11-5 equivalent. In what bizarro world would that qualify as the "20th best" quarterback? We already know 16th spot is average which is an 84 rating.

Chiefs fans need to face reality: we aren't a very good team at most positions. This "juggernaut" ain't being held back by a quarterback.

milkman
12-28-2014, 09:25 PM
Just crazy talk. In his last 55 games (a massive sample size for an NFL player), Alex has a 93.5 rating and is 38-16-1 or an 11-5 equivalent. In what bizarro world would that qualify as the "20th best" quarterback? We already know 16th spot is average which is an 84 rating.

Chiefs fans need to face reality: we aren't a very good team at most positions. This "juggernaut" ain't being held back by a quarterback.

And this juggernaught is never going anywhere with Alex Smith at QB, so I ask again, who gives a rat's ass?

Lbedrock1
12-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Someone at the game today made a comment that we should play Chase Daniel next year and "get rid of that clown Smith". Like always, I wanted to see what the data suggests.

We have almost no sample size for Daniel as he's played 2 games. We have a large sample size for Alex though. QB rating is extremely correlated (http://digitalcommons.bryant.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=honors_economics) to wins in the NFL. The average rating is 84: a team can expect an additional win (or loss) moving approximately 6 points from the median. Alex had a 93 rating and Daniel had a 75 rating today. That's an implied swing of 3 full games if we assume static performance.

While there is no way to know if Daniel would perform differently over the course of a season, it's doubtful any teams (or our own coaching staff) believe he could. Else, he'd be picked up as a starter. Whether Chiefs fans see any value finishing 9-7 vs 6-10 if you miss the playoffs regardless is another discussion.

The problem with this is you are assuming that Chase has reached his cieiling. What I saw is Chase making passes that Smith would never attempt because he takes no chances at all which will keep this team mediocre.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 09:32 PM
And this juggernaught is never going anywhere with Alex Smith at QB, so I ask again, who gives a rat's ass?

It probably won't, but in that case what should we do? Just stop playing football games? Purposely trot in a revolving door of QBs like the Raiders and Jaguars and Rams do and be a clown car of a team?

aturnis
12-28-2014, 09:34 PM

Nobody wants Chase Daniel. Not really anyway. Just pointing out that Alex is no better than any other 3 million dollar QB.

We might be best served to move on. Long term.

Short term, we can try to shore him up with a new everything else.

Where's your money?

milkman
12-28-2014, 09:43 PM
It probably won't, but in that case what should we do? Just stop playing football games? Purposely trot in a revolving door of QBs like the Raiders and Jaguars and Rams do and be a clown car of a team?

You build your team, find a cheap stop gap (read don't pay 2 2nd round picks and huge money)QB and bide your time till you find the right QB.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2014, 09:52 PM

I wonder if Alex Smiths ultra conservative approach doesnt inflate his qb rating a bit with the lack of picks. He really doesn't play the position like anybody else in the NFL. Seems like with him you are comparing apples and oranges when putting his QBR up against guys that throw downfield.

You can inflate your record by beating a lot of bad teams by not turning it over and letting them beat themselves. Marty made a living at that.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Rating+ penalizes you for low yards/attempt. So you can't really game the system. And we know it correlates very well with wins....and we know turnover margin also correlates well. It works together.

If Alex was gaming the system it would show up in the standings. And he's winning a ton of games. Unless one argues this Chiefs team should've done better than 19-11 with him starting which I'd find baseless.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Rating+ penalizes you for low yards/attempt. So you can't really game the system. And we know it correlates very well with wins....and we know turnover margin also correlates well. It works together.

Yes. It's pretty obvious you can win a lot of games in the NFL by not turning it over and letting the other team beat themselves. Marty showed us sometimes you have to be able to go out and actually beat a team when you get to the playoffs.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Russell Wilson didn't have to beat anybody last year.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2014, 10:02 PM

Have you watched both play and made a conclusion to which guy you want on your team?

Stats only tell part of the story. It's best to use a combination of "Moneyball" and "Scouts Eye" IMO.

milkman
12-28-2014, 10:05 PM

Alex Smith is a mediocre game manager.

Russel Wilson is a dynamic game manager.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Alex Smith is a mediocre game manager.

Russel Wilson is a dynamic game manager.

Those terms aren't things I can quantify so Ill concede that.

Numerically they're eerily similar and Alex was a muffed punt from going to the SB in San Fran and a joke defense from beating Indy last year.

milkman
12-28-2014, 10:14 PM

Numerically they're eerily similar and Alex was a muffed punt from going to the SB in San Fran and a joke defense from beating Indy last year.

Not getting into that muffed punt argument again.
That's just a dead end.

But let me know when Russel Wilson is as non productive on 3rd downs in big games as Alex Smith was in that one.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Bullshit! You can become a Bowe Groupie with me! We'll stalk the poor, unsuspecting bastard-fans of whatever franchise elects to accept his greatness!

I can't do that. Football is a game that I literally can't just turn emotion on for a team.

Red Dawg
12-28-2014, 10:20 PM
That's just a dead end.

But let me know when Russel Wilson is as non productive on 3rd downs in big games as Alex Smith was in that one.

Let me know when Smith has an actual OL and nfl talent at WR.

milkman
12-28-2014, 10:21 PM

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2014, 10:22 PM

Read his post again dipshit.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2014, 10:24 PM

ROFL right?

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 10:26 PM
That's just a dead end.

I'd guess the first playoff game vs NO last year where he turned in a 9-18 103 yard 0TD dud.

Hootie
Chase Daniel is a less good version of Alex Smith, is anyone arguing otherwise?

Hootie
is someone trying to argue that Alex Smith is the same as Russell Wilson as well ? Because that is retarded.

Eleazar
12-28-2014, 10:27 PM
There are two ways to look at it. One is that Alex Smith's QB rating is "only" a 93. The other is that his QB rating is somehow a 93 playing in front of one of the worst offensive line groups in the league.

I think we'd all agree that, statistics aside, last year Smith was quite a bit more effective when the offensive line was significantly better.

Daniel is definitely more willing to take risks with the ball and he is good at extending plays with his feet - that will work for a Sunday or two, but eventually you have to stand in the pocket and make multiple reads and execute throws when under pressure in the league if you are going to be a starter in the NFL.

I don't think Daniel's two starts show us that he can do that, obviously. It does show us that he is a quality, veteran backup and his job is probably secure with the team for the immediate future. I think he should be restructured to be more cap friendly, but he should be retained as our #2.

GoChargers
12-28-2014, 10:27 PM

He needs to brush Smiff's nuts out of the way of his screen first.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 10:28 PM
GoChargers!!!!

Phillip was excellent today. He's a very clutch NFL QB.

GoChargers
12-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Chase Daniel is a less good version of Alex Smith, is anyone arguing otherwise?

Daniel is better and cheaper. I'd definitely take Derek Carr over either one, though.

GoChargers
12-28-2014, 10:30 PM
GoChargers!!!!

Phillip was excellent today. He's a very clutch NFL QB.

Fivehead's still the biggest choker in history.

ChiefsCountry
QB passing rating is a fairly worthless stat. A high completion percentage with no interceptions inflates the system.

The best QB rating currently is the Total QBR. Its way more accurate in how a QB is actually doing that passing rating.

milkman
I'd guess the first playoff game vs NO last year where he turned in a 9-18 103 yard 0TD dud.

But how many 3rd downs did he convert.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 10:33 PM
QB passing rating is a fairly worthless stat. A high completion percentage with no interceptions inflates the system.

The best QB rating currently is the Total QBR. Its way more accurate in how a QB is actually doing that passing rating.

Rating is a very accurate predictor of wins, so it's hardly worthless. QBR correlates to wins almost identically as Rating does.

BigCatDaddy
12-28-2014, 10:33 PM
He needs to brush Smiff's nuts out of the way of his screen first.

ROFL

Hootie
12-28-2014, 10:34 PM
anyone who takes Derek Carr over anyone is a moron

Derek Carr is legitimately awful

Pablo
12-28-2014, 10:34 PM

Alex is 23rd this year by that metric.

On a side note, Manning has six of the ten best seasons of all time by that metric. Crazy.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Alex is 23rd this year by that metric.

On a side note, Manning has six of the ten best seasons of all time by that metric. Crazy.

Crazy?

I guess people just don't understand he's the best QB ever.

Even his postseason QBR is the best ever.

But he sucks.

In58men
12-28-2014, 10:36 PM
anyone who takes Derek Carr over anyone is a moron

Derek Carr is legitimately awful

As you say this with your Alex Smith jersey on ROFL

Pablo
12-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Crazy?

I guess people just don't understand he's the best QB ever.

Even his postseason QBR is the best ever.

But he sucks.You'll never hear that argument from me. I'm not a blind homer like some.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 10:39 PM
if people would actually trade Alex Smith for Derek Carr and then think "QB problem solved" they are COMPLETE morons

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 10:39 PM
But how many 3rd downs did he convert.

In the three playoff games last year, Russell averaged this line:

14-23 175yd 1td 0int

He really put that team on his back and willed them to the Title lulz

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Rating is a very accurate predictor of wins, so it's hardly worthless. QBR correlates to wins almost identically as Rating does.

Passing rating does not correlate to wins. You are a fucking moron on that one.

milkman
12-28-2014, 10:41 PM
The best ever come up big in the biggest moments.

That doesn't describe Peyton Manning.

milkman
12-28-2014, 10:42 PM
In the three playoff games last year, Russell averaged this line:

14-23 175yd 1td 0int

He really put that team on his back and willed them to the Title lulz

You are not understanding.

It's not about numbers.

It's about making plays when plays need to be made.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Russell Wilson is an unbelievable QB. Go look at the 1 playoff game where his team was actually trailing. Make that two...

He played about the best 2nd half in the history of the postseason in a loss to Atlanta in his first postseason. Like, incredible. Best half of QB'd football I've ever seen.

and then last year in the NFCCG they would have lost that game if not for his hard count, draw 49ers offsides on 4th and 7, and then throws a very aware deep ball (free play) to Kearse who scores the go ahead score.

if you really want to look at a stat sheet and try to say Russell doesn't do anything for the Seahawks perhaps you could make an argument

it would just be incorrect

I know this because I watch the fucking games lol

Pablo
Alex was 19th in total qbr last year in his eleven win season.

Hootie
The best ever come up big in the biggest moments.

That doesn't describe Peyton Manning.

who does it describe?

in the NFL right now

who does it describe

I'm dying to know. Anyone?

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Passing rating does not correlate to wins. You are a ****ing moron on that one.

Read the first post. I cited the study.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Alex is a 3rd tier starting NFL QB. He's a perfect 1 year QB for teams who take 1st round QB's...that's about it.

He's a game manager that doesn't lose games but will never win them, either.

we all know that

what's left to debate?

chiefzilla1501
12-28-2014, 10:46 PM

Alex Smith was actually playing like a true game manager earlier in the year. The Chiefs were hovering around 50% in third down conversions, and he was pretty consistently converting even on third and long. The Raiders game was a big turnaround for Smith. From that time on, the Chiefs were something like 25-30% on 3rd down conversions which is comically bad. That's terrible game management.

Furthermore, in Russell Wilson's short career, he's pretty much matched Smith's total # of game winning drives (13 for Smith, 16 for Wilson). Smith, in particular, whiffed on 4 of his chances this year -- that's 4 out of 7 of the Chiefs' losses.

milkman
12-28-2014, 10:46 PM
who does it describe?

in the NFL right now

who does it describe

I'm dying to know. Anyone?

You said best ever.

milkman
12-28-2014, 10:49 PM
But in the NFL right now, I want Rodgers, Roethlisberger, and Wilson to lead my team before Manning.

Hootie
he's the best ever IMO

I'm not going to comment on guys like Montana and Bradshaw that A) I wasn't old enough to watch and B) they didn't play in a salary cap era

the competition is WAY better in today's salary cap era

the Jets were taking fullbacks in the 1st round back then for crying out loud

the NFL had 5 or 6 good teams that competed for every title; no parity

hard to say someone is the best ever from that era

It's Brady or Manning. Arguments can be made for both (clearly).

Pablo
Cutler is two spots ahead of Alex in total qbr.

And we all know what a dumpster fire he is.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 10:50 PM
But in the NFL right now, I want Rodgers, Roethlisberger, and Wilson to lead my team before Manning.

why Rodgers?

He's laid a ton of eggs in the playoffs. He's 5-4 with 4 wins coming in 1 postseason.

He's already got a built in excuse for this one, too.

When is enough, enough?

He took too many sacks two straight years to Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers. He's out of passes, as well.

No idea why you think more highly of him than Manning. When has Rodgers came up in big moments more so than Peyton?

milkman
12-28-2014, 10:53 PM
he's the best ever IMO

I'm not going to comment on guys like Montana and Bradshaw that A) I wasn't old enough to watch and B) they didn't play in a salary cap era

the competition is WAY better in today's salary cap era

the Jets were taking fullbacks in the 1st round back then for crying out loud

the NFL had 5 or 6 good teams that competed for every title; no parity

hard to say someone is the best ever from that era

It's Brady or Manning. Arguments can be made for both (clearly).

The greastest ever don't choke, and and shit their pants against the best defenses, defenses that can get after the QB, the way that Manning does.

They are men that stand in the face of pressure and deliver in the biggest moments.

Manning wilts.

notorious
12-28-2014, 10:54 PM
A thread about Chase Daniel and Alex Smith turns into a Manning debate.

Sigh.

milkman
12-28-2014, 10:54 PM
why Rodgers?

He's laid a ton of eggs in the playoffs. He's 5-4 with 4 wins coming in 1 postseason.

He's already got a built in excuse for this one, too.

When is enough, enough?

He took too many sacks two straight years to Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers. He's out of passes, as well.

No idea why you think more highly of him than Manning. When has Rodgers came up in big moments more so than Peyton?

His one postseason run was greater than anything that Manning has ever done in the playoffs.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 10:55 PM
wtf

that is so stupid

there is not a single QB in the NFL that is good when the pass rush gets to the QB

it's why having a pass rush is so important

Brady fucking sucks against the pass rush
Rodgers fucking sucks against the pass rush

Wilson is actually pretty good due to his amazing scrambling ability.

Hootie
His one postseason run was greater than anything that Manning has ever done in the playoffs.

Agree.

Joe Flacco did it once, too, and Joe Flacco fucking sucks.

Rodgers is great, but he is the same guy as Manning at this point.

A guy with 1 good playoff run and a bunch of disappointments.

Not sure why he gets a pass.

ChiefsCountry
Manning isn't even the best QB ever on either of the franchises he has played for.

O.city
12-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Wait, what?

notorious
12-28-2014, 10:57 PM
God Damnit GoChargers, why did you have to bait Hootie like that?

Hootie
12-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Manning, Rodgers and Brady all desperately need this Super Bowl IMO

there should be no excuses for all three of them

they all have a BYE

they are all great

no excuses for ANY of them this year

if they lose, they better play fucking really well

Prison Bitch
A thread about Chase Daniel and Alex Smith turns into a Manning debate.

Sigh.

It wasn't as good as you telling me 2 games wasn't enough to judge Daniel, then saying 2 games was enough for you to.

Hootie
Manning isn't even the best QB ever on either of the franchises he has played for.

dumbest thing i've ever heard

dumb
dumb
DUMBBBBBB

hilarious that someone actually thinks he's not the greatest Colts QB ever

retarded

notorious
12-28-2014, 11:00 PM
It wasn't as good as you telling me 2 games wasn't enough to judge Daniel, then saying 2 games was enough for you to.

You are still welcome.

ChiefsCountry
dumbest thing i've ever heard

dumb
dumb
DUMBBBBBB

hilarious that someone actually thinks he's not the greatest Colts QB ever

retarded

Colts had this guy named Johnny Unitas.

Pablo
Can Alex break the top half of the league in total qbr next season?

Excited to find out!

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:01 PM
sometimes I have to realize this is the same board that said Tom Brady was "washed up" and New England was done, and Brady should be benched (after being "benched" against KC)

so yeah

I should temper my expectations when it comes to common sense on this board.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Colts had this guy named Johnny Unitas.

so

ChiefsCountry

I'll assume you're 30 - 40 years old

you're going to sit here and tell me a guy you probably never watched is better than Peyton Manning

amiright?

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 11:02 PM
You are still welcome.

I got a big belly laugh from it, so thanks.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:02 PM
it's hilarious to me that people are going to try and tell me a guy from the 1960s in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME is better than a guy who has BASICALLY every QB record and a guy who literally has won his division like 15 times out of 17

ok

yeah

that's super logical

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2014, 11:03 PM
so

ChiefsCountry

I'll assume you're 30 - 40 years old

you're going to sit here and tell me a guy you probably never watched is better than Peyton Manning

amiright?

Using that logic Derek Jeter is the greatest Yankee of all time over Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio etc.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:03 PM
Red Grange >>> Adrian Peterson

if you took 1940's Red Grange and put him in today's NFL he'd be ... the water boy?

notorious
12-28-2014, 11:04 PM
I got a big belly laugh from it, so thanks.

You are welcome.

Tis the season to be jolly.

ChiefsCountry
Also give me Elway over Manning any day of the week.

Hootie
Using that logic Derek Jeter is the greatest Yankee of all time over Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio etc.

uhm, no

not at all

wtf

lmfao

you need to explain this one lolololol

Derek Jeter has worse numbers than all of those guys.

You want to compare Peyton's #'s to Unitas'?

wtf

god this board is so DUMB

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Man, remember fucking Adrian Peterson.

We'll probably never see him score a TD ever again.

Sad.

Draft a QB.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Also give me Elway over Manning any day of the week.

at least you can fucking argue that one

though

you'd still be wrong

but at least, AT LEAST, this one is debatable

notorious
12-28-2014, 11:06 PM
Elway vs. Manning is a real debate.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Man, remember fucking Adrian Peterson.

We'll probably never see him score a TD ever again.

Sad.

Draft a QB.
Peterson ranked one spot ahead of Alex at 22 in total qbr this year . Man, our qb sucks.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:07 PM
ok fine

it sure is

Manning vs. Unitas is not a real debate. It's fucking stupid.

Reerun_KC
12-28-2014, 11:08 PM
Haven't read this thread yet but will I am.

Daniels was fucking hot ggarbagge today. Reid's game plane was a shit fest. Gonna wreck the Reid apologists tomorrow when I have some time.

Reid smith and daniels are all fucking losers.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 11:08 PM
Peterson ranked one spot ahead of Alex at 22 in total qbr this year . Man, our qb sucks.

Romo is #1, Russell Wilson is#12

Romo superior to Wilson.

notorious
12-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Haven't read this thread yet but will I am.

Daniels was ****ing hot ggarbagge today. Reid's game plane was a shit fest. Gonna wreck the Reid apologists tomorrow when I have some time.

Reid smith and daniels are all ****ing losers.

I don't think that many people disagree with you any more.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:09 PM
I've been a Romo fan since day 1

would not take him over Wilson

but he's in my top 5, over Drew Brees, no doubt

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2014, 11:10 PM
uhm, no

not at all

wtf

lmfao

you need to explain this one lolololol

Derek Jeter has worse numbers than all of those guys.

You want to compare Peyton's #'s to Unitas'?

wtf

god this board is so DUMB

I

AM

SO

FUCKING

STUPID

I

THIS

BECAUSE

I

HAVE

A

MAN

CRUSH

OVER

PEYTON

MANNING

BECAUSE

HE

HAS

GREAT

FANTASY

STATS

THAT

HAVE

NOT

EQUALED

CHAMPIONSHIPS

Pablo
Romo is #1, Russell Wilson is#12

Romo superior to Wilson.
Romo had a fantastic season. There's that.

Hootie
we were a 14 win team this year, minimum, with Russell at QB

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:11 PM
SAYS
THE
GUY
WHO
WON'T
ADMIT
PEYTON MANNING
IS
THE
BEST
COLTS
QB
EVER

Anyone who won't admit Peyton is the greatest COLTS QB ever is a fucking dipshit. Seriously.

O.city
12-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Using a team statistic to determine a players worth is pretty dumb.

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Anyone who won't admit Peyton is the greatest COLTS QB ever is a ****ing dipshit. Seriously.

HE

IS

THE

GREATEST

ONE

IN

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

HISTORY

NOT

THE

ENTIRE

FRANCHISE HISTORY

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 11:15 PM
Rmemeber when deipshit hoers insited alex smith was better than tonyo romo laololol

Hootie
you're a fucking moron if you think Johnny Unitas is a better NFL QB than Peyton Manning

and that's that

like, anyone with that opinion (if it's an actual opinion) is not allowed to be taken seriously, about anything, ever.

So, go on record. Johnny Unitas > Peyton Manning, this is your opinion? Yes?

Hammock Parties
yes i ahad a little drink about an ahoiur ago

ralaexas me and helps me to ease the pain of chiefs football

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I do remember when there were talks of Romo potentially being cut and no one wanted him on this board (other than me and a few others)

Undoubtedly, I will assume ChiefsCountry was one of those people. Because clearly, he's dumb.

ChiefsCountry
Manning is a hell of a QB - top 10 of all time for sure, probably top 5 but not the greatest ever.

Mr_Tomahawk
Let's get fuqtarded!

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 11:17 PM
people just hate anyyhjing that's not chiefs because well i dont; know why

jealousy i guess

not enough sex in de hig scolsl and now stuck with their fat wives

dls6501
Rmemeber when deipshit hoers insited alex smith was better than tonyo romo laololol

Yep. Absolutely ridiculous. Romo could be the MVP this year.

Hammock Parties
i'm not even drunk but this keyoard sint the greatest imand im toying fast

Hammock Parties
better than watching the checkdowns of alex for another week im ritite lol

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Manning is a hell of a QB - top 10 of all time for sure, probably top 5 but not the greatest ever.

but you rank Johnny Unitas in front of him, correct?

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:18 PM
anyone who drinks and can't type is also a fucking idiot

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 11:19 PM
anyone who drinks and can't type is also a fucking idiot

if i typed slower i could do better but i'm typing fast hey this sentence came out okk

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 11:20 PM
smed fight me IRL

Pablo
12-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Tony did have an amazing line and a stud rb, so I'm sure he made the most of that. You put Alex on that team and he might target Dez four times a game and they're going 500 with that trash defense.

GoChargers
12-28-2014, 11:21 PM
if people would actually trade Alex Smith for Derek Carr and then think "QB problem solved" they are COMPLETE morons

You do realize that a rookie Carr threw more touchdown passes than and for almost as many yards as "prime" Smiff, while on an aborted dumpster fire of a team.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Carr might be something decent under his turd shell in the future. Alex doesn't have a shell. He's turd all the way through.

GoChargers
12-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Russell Wilson is an unbelievable QB. Go look at the 1 playoff game where his team was actually trailing. Make that two...

He played about the best 2nd half in the history of the postseason in a loss to Atlanta in his first postseason. Like, incredible. Best half of QB'd football I've ever seen.

and then last year in the NFCCG they would have lost that game if not for his hard count, draw 49ers offsides on 4th and 7, and then throws a very aware deep ball (free play) to Kearse who scores the go ahead score.

if you really want to look at a stat sheet and try to say Russell doesn't do anything for the Seahawks perhaps you could make an argument

it would just be incorrect

I know this because I watch the fucking games lol

Russell Wilson is an overglorified game manager. He's Alice Smiff with better scrambling ability on a mega-stacked team. Marshawn Lynch carries that offense.

I know this because I watch the fucking games.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:24 PM
You do realize that a rookie Carr threw more touchdown passes than and for almost as many yards as "prime" Smiff, while on an aborted dumpster fire of a team.
I realize that Derek Carr in no way, shape or form was a better QB in 2014 than Alex Smith.

Good God.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Russell Wilson is an overglorified game manager. He's Alice Smiff with better scrambling ability on a mega-stacked team. Marshawn Lynch carries that offense.

YPA means something though.

Russell Wilson didn't have nearly a good of 2014 as he did 2013 and his numbers were still better than Alex's across the board.

Alex is basically the poverty Russ.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Carr comes in at 26 in total qbr. He's at the bottom of the toilet with Smith.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:26 PM
I wonder if morons realize that touchdowns and yardage are a lot easier to accumulate when your team is playing catch up late in games and the other team is in constant prevent defense trying to get the game over with

oh wait, I don't wonder, because GoChargers is trying to act like Derek Carr had a promising rookie year, which he did not have

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 11:27 PM
we were a 14 win team this year, minimum, with Russell at QB

Minimum. With upside!

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:27 PM
lmfao

Marshawn Lynch carries the Seattle offense.

And the guy supposedly watches the games.

holy fucking shit

that's all I can say

holy
fucking
shit

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Minimum. With upside!

we were in every game, sans the Tennessee game (and the 2nd Denver game, really) with a QB who literally made no plays for us for an entire year

yeah I'd say 14 or 15 is realistic

hell, the Hawks could have very easily ran the table this year

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Yep. Absolutely ridiculous. Romo could be the MVP this year.

Romps a damn good player. But since he has as many playoff wins as Alex he must suck. Since that's all that matters.

GoChargers
12-28-2014, 11:32 PM
lmfao

Marshawn Lynch carries the Seattle offense.

And the guy supposedly watches the games.

holy fucking shit

that's all I can say

holy
fucking
shit
Take Lynch off that team and Wilson will get exposed.

The funny thing is, you always give Brady shit for being a game manager on a stacked team early on in his career, yet you praise Wilson for the exact same thing.

Prison Bitch
12-28-2014, 11:32 PM
we were in every game, sans the Tennessee game (and the 2nd Denver game, really) with a QB who literally made no plays for us for an entire year

yeah I'd say 14 or 15 is realistic

hell, the Hawks could have very easily ran the table this year

He won 12 with Seattle. But 14 or 15 with the Chiefs. That's some fine shit you're smoking there.

Incidentally he lost to us.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 11:33 PM
like maybe that was a double i had but i guess ive had barely anything to eat today

but still hootie no typos here bitch you betta recanize

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Marshawn Lynch averaged 4.3 YPC this year.

He's a JAG with a cool nickname so everyone thinks he's amazing.

He's a durable Ryan Mathews. Whooopdeefuckingdoo.

He will be replaced with ease next year.

Fucking morons on this site.

GoChargers
12-28-2014, 11:37 PM
He's a durable Ryan Mathews.

Great comparison, as long as you ignore the fact that Lynch is an elite running back whereas a healthy Mathews is still only decent at best and constantly fumbles the ball.

Your takes continue to be the laughingstock of this site.

In58men
12-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Hootie is a complete dipshit. Their defense is 20x better than ours. Chiefs have a shit team, just junk. We all want to think we have hidden gems, but we don't. We have shit.

A drunk Clay is smarter than a sober Hootie

Pablo
12-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Matt Cassel made the eleven total qbr spot when Brady got Pollard'd in 2008. Then hit number 16 in his fantastic pro bowl 2010 campaign.

Best I can find for Alex is 19th last season. Hilarious stuff.

Jimmya
12-28-2014, 11:42 PM
I agree with Inmem, jokers on this site try to say that we have great aspects to this team. Not only did we not make the tournament, we lost to the Raiders!

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:43 PM
when did I ever say the Chiefs with Wilson would be better than the Hawks with Wilson?

We were 9-7 and could have very easily won 5 of those 7 games had we had a better playmaker at QB.

how can anyone argue that?

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2014, 11:43 PM
but you rank Johnny Unitas in front of him, correct?

Yes.

Montana
Unitas
Elway

Then you have in no order:
Manning, Brady, Graham, Baugh, Marino, Starr, Young

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:44 PM
anyone who thinks that, in 2014, Marshawn Lynch carried an offense more than RUSSELL WILSON gets an opinion weighted roughly as high as the guy who thinks Unitas > Manning in Colts history

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:44 PM
Yes.

Montana
Unitas
Elway

Then you have in no order:
Manning, Brady, Graham, Baugh, Marino, Starr, Young

how old are you?

If you're younger than 50, you're a fucking retard.

You can't rank guys you never fucking watched.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2014, 11:46 PM
A drunk Clay is smarter than a sober Hootie

I've never posted that Alex was a top 12 QB at least.

roofles

tk13
12-28-2014, 11:48 PM
What sets Seattle apart is they might have the best defense since the 00 Ravens or the 85 Bears. Wilson is an excellent QB and Lynch is an excellent RB. They play to their strengths, and do it efficiently, which might be the most important thing of all. But their defense is truly great. Peyton Manning and the Broncos had the greatest offensive season ever last year and the Seahawks just mauled them. And they've mauled everyone the last 5-6 weeks. If they continue to play defense like that, they are going to win. When you only have to score 10-14 points to win, you're going to be tough to beat.

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2014, 11:48 PM
how old are you?

If you're younger than 50, you're a ****ing retard.

You can't rank guys you never ****ing watched.

:rolleyes:

You can compare history. Its not some evil thing. Its hard for you to see but whatever.

FloridaMan88
12-28-2014, 11:50 PM

Russell Wilson still completed the occasional big pass play downfield when needed.

The Chiefs and their awful downfield passing game could not do that at all this season.

Also the Chiefs defense… especially in the secondary isn't anything close to what Seattle's was last year (and is this year).

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:51 PM
flip
flop
flip
flop

Alex is a top 12 QB. He's somewhere in the 12-18 range. People are acting like we were 3-13 this year.

He was 8-7 and as long as we were winning he always played good, efficient football. As soon as we started losing, his shortcomings all become shiny and bright.

He was a better QB this year than Matthew Stafford. Probably right up there with Joe Flacco. Shit, even Drew Brees.

This board is totally overreacting about how "shitty" Alex Smith is. He's not shitty. He's also in that tier of QB where the odds of a Super Bowl are slim and none.

But you flip floppers keep pounding your chest like you won some triumphant battle. I've always been realistic about Alex Smith. I knew he didn't suck, and I knew he wasn't great. When we traded for him I figured we'd be getting a Dilfer with Green upside which is basically what he has been.

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2014, 11:52 PM
Wilson is an athletic version of Troy Aikman. Makes the big play when called on and is the leader of a bunch of crazies.

Hootie
:rolleyes:

You can compare history. Its not some evil thing. Its hard for you to see but whatever.

so

since you NEVER watched Johnny Unitas play; what the FUCK are you comparing to come to the conclusion that Johnny Unitas > Peyton Manning

Seriously

I'm all ears.

Hammock Parties
No Green upside at all, though.

There are no alternate dimensions where he is #2 in passing.

In58men
12-28-2014, 11:54 PM
flip
flop
flip
flop

Alex is a top 12 QB. He's somewhere in the 12-18 range. People are acting like we were 3-13 this year.

He was 8-7 and as long as we were winning he always played good, efficient football. As soon as we started losing, his shortcomings all become shiny and bright.

He was a better QB this year than Matthew Stafford. Probably right up there with Joe Flacco. Shit, even Drew Brees.

This board is totally overreacting about how "shitty" Alex Smith is. He's not shitty. He's also in that tier of QB where the odds of a Super Bowl are slim and none.

But you flip floppers keep pounding your chest like you won some triumphant battle. I've always been realistic about Alex Smith. I knew he didn't suck, and I knew he wasn't great. When we traded for him I figured we'd be getting a Dilfer with Green upside which is basically what he has been.

Fans still happy with mediocrity. The Hunts love you.

GoChargers
12-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Alex is a top 12 QB.
ROFL

Just stop posting and save yourself any more embarrassment. Oh wait, you can't... you're addicted to this site, as shown from how you literally tried to bribe your way back on when you got banned and finally snuck back in with a mult.

Pablo
12-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Top 12 is a hilarious statement.

Hootie
12-28-2014, 11:56 PM
well the board is acting like he's fucking Ryan Leaf or something

Smith played some really good, efficient games this year and when we had a lead, he always protected the lead

he's terrible when we are trailing by 7+ and our team becomes one dimensional

and that's a huge issue

our future is very bleak with Alex Smith at QB, obviously everyone can see that

It's 2014. You have to throw the ball down the field. It isn't cute what Alex and Reid are trying to do to win football games. If he truly can't throw the ball down the field (and it's become apparent this might be the case), you have to move on.

He'll be the unquestioned starter in 2015, but it's time we start looking to the draft for replacements. A QB has to be drafted in the first 3 rounds this year.

tk13
12-28-2014, 11:57 PM
Smith isn't really Dilfer either though. He's much better than Trent Dilfer ever was. He really is. It's not like Dilfer was great at protecting the football, or even raised his level of play like Smith has in the playoffs.

People would be shocked if they ever went back and looked at Dilfer's stats. He wasn't even a game manager really. He completed less than 50% of his playoff passes and 150 yards was a good game for him.

Hootie
12-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Top 12 is a hilarious statement.

is it hilarious?

Name 12 QB's that would have won more than 9 games on the Chiefs this year, without a doubt.

Smith is right there in that Flacco/Stafford/Cutler/Dalton tier. He's somewhere in the 12 - 18 range.

Were the Chiefs not competitive this year in 14 of 16 games? Am I missing something?

Smith is far from flashy. He's not anywhere close to the franchise QB who leads you to division title after division title...but there are only 4 or 5 of those guys.

After that? They all have flaws. Smith has some pretty obvious flaws.

But you'd be hard pressed to find 15 better guys than Alex Smith. Sure, 1 of them will throw the deep ball much better (Flacco) but do a lot of the other stuff much worse.

Try and be realistic.

Alex Smith hasn't had a losing year in 4 or 5 years now. He has the 3rd highest winning % in the NFL over the past 4 or 5 years. Say what you want, but Geno Smith will never have the 3rd highest winning % in the NFL, ever, because he makes too many mistakes.

I'm tired of Alex. I want, once in my life, an Aaron Rodgers.

But at least I can be realistic with the QB we have, rather than try and make shit up and pretend he's worse than Matt Cassel.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 12:02 AM
well the board is acting like he's fucking Ryan Leaf or something

He might as well be.

Homers love dope = haters no hope

In58men
12-29-2014, 12:03 AM
10th anniversary of check downs coming 2015

GoChargers
12-29-2014, 12:03 AM
I want, once in my life, an Aaron Rodgers.

You mean the same Aaron Rodgers you referred to as "GROSSLY overrated" and claimed you'd rather have Russell Wilson than him (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=286797)?

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 12:05 AM
10th anniversary of check downs coming 2015

we could go another year without a WR TD

I balee dat

In58men
12-29-2014, 12:06 AM
You mean the same Aaron Rodgers you referred to as "GROSSLY overrated" and claimed you'd rather have Russell Wilson than him (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=286797)?

Now you see why I call him a dupshit on a regular basis. He should just change his name to it.

Hootie
12-29-2014, 12:06 AM
I'd take Wilson over Rodgers. It's a coin flip, though.

And I guess it's tough for people to realize the Rodgers and Brady threads were a way of asking why they get postseason passes but Peyton Manning does not ... but I sometimes expect too much from this board in the common sense department.

In58men
12-29-2014, 12:07 AM
we could go another year without a WR TD

I balee dat

What's a WR?

Weekend Runner?

Pablo
12-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Was Alex really all that important in those nine wins? All we really needed was a QB that can run an average two minute offense and complete a pass over twenty yards two times a game and we're probably ten plus game winners. It's not like he's asked to run an offense that uses an entire field or anything.

In58men

WTF ROFL

Flip
Flop
Flip
Flop

GoChargers
Seattle would trade Wilson for Rodgers straight up in an instant. Wouldn't even regret it, really.

And I guess it's tough for people to realize the Rodgers and Brady threads were a way of asking why they get postseason passes but Peyton Manning does not ... but I sometimes expect too much from this board in the common sense department.
Neither one of them have the long and distinguished record of choking that Fivehead has.

RobBlake

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Hootie
12-29-2014, 12:09 AM
and after reading the OP of the linked thread, what are you disagreeing with?

Rodgers STILL holds the ball too long and STILL will never beat a team with an elite pass rush because he STILL takes too many sacks.

And Rodgers was, IMO, the best NFL QB THIS year.

However, he's been so/so in the postseason. This year, he has NO excuse. He shouldn't have gotten excuses two years ago, either. Even last year.

...and I'd still take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers.

But again, that's a coin flip for me.

Pablo
12-29-2014, 12:09 AM
He's asked to run a backup qb level game plan every week and I'm supposed to praise him for not fucking that up all the time while making 17 million? Really?

In58men
12-29-2014, 12:12 AM

Rodgers STILL holds the ball too long and STILL will never beat a team with an elite pass rush because he STILL takes too many sacks.

However, he's been so/so in the postseason. This year, he has NO excuse. He shouldn't have gotten excuses two years ago, either. Even last year.

Rodgers holds the ball too long and Alex doesn't? Please tells that's what you're trying to insinuate here.

Brock

Lynch makes the offense go, but wilson has 54 passes for 20+. That guy makes some things happen when he has to. Def not a game manager.

ChiefsCountry
so

since you NEVER watched Johnny Unitas play; what the **** are you comparing to come to the conclusion that Johnny Unitas > Peyton Manning

Seriously

I'm all ears.

Unitas helped revolutionized football from a running sport to a passing one. He had a touchdown pass in 47 straight games, which in that era was just amazing. 6-2 all time playoff record. 3 World Championships. He also lead the NFL in passing yards and touchdowns more times than Manning did.

RobBlake
12-29-2014, 12:13 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar25927_2.gif

Flip Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers.. Seahawks rival the patriots dynasty.. the niners dynasty.. cowboys..

GoChargers

flip
flop
flip
flop

Hootie
you don't have to praise him

but you shouldn't pretend like he's a terrible NFL QB

because he's not

he does make football a lot more boring for me, though, since I do like QB's who actually throw the ball down the field

Pasta Little Brioni
Holy shit you are dumb

Hootie
12-29-2014, 12:14 AM
Rodgers holds the ball too long and Alex doesn't? Please tells that's what you're trying to insinuate here.

you can't read, at all

lol

In58men
12-29-2014, 12:14 AM

because he's not

he does make football a lot more boring for me, though, since I do like QB's who actually throw the ball down the field

He was benched and traded for a reason. He sucks.

RobBlake
12-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Lynch makes the offense go, but wilson has 54 passes for 20+. That guy makes some things happen when he has to. Def not a game manager.

Russel is a great leader... great chucker.. great make it up as you go... but he has been carried by one of the top defenses of the past 10-15 years

In58men
12-29-2014, 12:15 AM
you can't read, at all

lol

I usually don't read any of your garbage, that line just caught my eye. You got lucky.

Hootie
12-29-2014, 12:16 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar25927_2.gif

Flip Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers.. Seahawks rival the patriots dynasty.. the niners dynasty.. cowboys..

ok?

and the Hawks with Russell at the #1 seed in the NFC aren't already potentially going to be rivaling those aforementioned dynasties

?

...?

Hootie
12-29-2014, 12:17 AM
He was benched and traded for a reason. He sucks.

Peyton Manning was cut.

Does he suck?

RobBlake
12-29-2014, 12:19 AM

because he's not

If Alex was willing to consistently toss it down field he would be elite. Thats really the only gripe I had about him as a niner and as a chief. He reads the defense.. make plays with his legs, extremely tough, smart, solid leader, plays the QB position as if's investing in some high stake stocks.. big picture kind've guy.. doesn't go for gaudy stats.. Nolan/singletary broke him. literally.