PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Want to fix the offensive line next season? Stop looking to the draft

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 01:15 AM
This means you, Saccopoo.

Do you really want Andy Reid and John Dorsey to build the future of this line? Given their histories with the Packers and Eagles, these two dildos wouldn't be able to scout out a good offensive lineman if Sandra Bullock provided them with all of the protective instincts scores.

Fuck using high draft picks to get our guys. I'm sick and fucking tired of investing top draft stock and getting back Jeff Allens and Jon Asamoahs. And don't tell me that Andy Reid and John Dorsey are any better at finding good linemen than Pioli. Their histories indicate otherwise.

Free agency is where it's at. Spend the money to get a halfway decent starter at LG. Use one or two middle round picks to draft some depth. Profit.

I will bump this thread every time some fucking moron talks about depending on the draft for our 2015 offensive line. We're the Chiefs. We're not going to get a rookie who will be nails for us instantly. And that's what we need. So work around it.

Problem solved. Adequate OL achieved. Mission accomplished.

RunKC
12-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Don't think there is a quality RT in free agency. I'd be willing to draft Daryl Williams to be that guy in rd 3 tho.

jonzie04
12-29-2014, 01:29 AM
Don't think there is a quality RT in free agency. I'd be willing to draft Daryl Williams to be that guy in rd 3 tho.

Roos, Dunlap can play both sides. Buluga, Doug Free, Barksdale.

OldSchool
12-29-2014, 01:29 AM
Reid needs to find his Evan Mathis and Jason Peters.

TimBone
12-29-2014, 01:43 AM
I was talking to my buddy about this earlier today. A LG can definitely be had through Free Agency. I hope they bring in a large number of G's actually. Let them all compete and top two get the spots. I bet they plan on letting Fulton continue at RG, though.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-29-2014, 01:46 AM
My philosophy has always been that you should build your Offense through FA and draft your defense. This allows you to spend your money on one side of the ball and there are always great quality players ready for a new team.

This also keeps your Defense young and fast .

That being said I'd still like to get a great young WR but we really need a great tackling machine at LB in this draft.

penbrook
12-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Mike Iupati, Clint Boling, and Orlando Franklin are some of the guards to hit free agency

Sassy Squatch
12-29-2014, 01:53 AM
I sense many a jimmy rustling come draft day.

RobBlake
12-29-2014, 01:55 AM
Mike Iupati, Clint Boling, and Orlando Franklin are some of the guards to hit free agency

Charles would love Iupati... A+ on run blocking... 'bout B- on pass blocking

Saccopoo
12-29-2014, 01:57 AM
You know, if they drafted Alex Mack, Russell Okung, Rod Hudson, Zane Beadles and Gabe Jackson like I wanted, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

However, if you are completely satisfied with super duper free agents like Mike McGlynn, Jeff Linkenbach and their ilk, please continue to post such inane drivel.

jonzie04
12-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Lots of different philosophies. From a financial stand point, it really doesn't make any sense drafting any lineman other than a LT early. There are quality players at the other 4 spots every year, and they dont cost very much money. There really isn't a lot of money saved having a guard on a rookie salary vs having a vet on a veteran salary. One undeniable thing though is if you want a top tier QB or WR you have to draft them. You aren't going to get a top tier guy at either position in FA, and even the "good" guys cost a ridiculous amount of money. If you can get a QB or WR to produce early on his rookie contract, it goes a VERY long ways. But overall I really don't care who we draft vs who we bring in this season, as long as we hit on the guys we bring in. It does make more sense to focus on WRs in the draft, and OL in FA/later in the draft. But good WR's can be had beyond the first round. I doubt we draft a QB early this year, but that would be nice.

thabear04
12-29-2014, 02:18 AM
Reid needs to find his Evan Mathis and Jason Peters.

Jason Peters was never drafted with Reid.

OldSchool
12-29-2014, 03:14 AM
Jason Peters was never drafted with Reid.

That was my point . . .

On the other hand, the Cowboys beg to differ.

Imagine Charles with those running lanes . . . Collins would look nice in red. Sign Clint Bolings away from Cincy as well, he is pretty good all-around and a hell of a lot better than the shit that was trotted out there this year.

dannybcaitlyn
12-29-2014, 06:49 AM
I agree. Obviously our scouts, GM'S and Coaches can't evaluate o-line talent since marty days. I believe vermeil had most of the pieces handed to him but he went and got Roaf and was it wiegman? So I'd rather take our chances in free agency with a proven players. We went from a o-line with four probowlers to none. So we suck at drafting them period.

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 10:45 AM
You know, if they drafted Alex Mack, Russell Okung, Rod Hudson, Zane Beadles and Gabe Jackson like I wanted, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

However, if you are completely satisfied with super duper free agents like Mike McGlynn, Jeff Linkenbach and their ilk, please continue to post such inane drivel.

We've been drafting interior line in the high rounds for years, and all it's gotten us is Rodney Hudson. It's like when the Chiefs kept drafting DTs for years and years in the first three rounds. At some point you cut your losses and start drafting a different position instead of continuing to double down on stuff you suck at finding talent for.

Reid has an atrocious record at drafting offensive linemen. What makes you fucking think we should trust him to use our valuable draft picks to fuck shit up again?

Sandy Vagina
12-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Charles would love Iupati... A+ on run blocking... 'bout B- on pass blocking

More like a C- or even D on pass blocking.. but that would still be a pass pro upgrade for KC.

Sandy Vagina
12-29-2014, 10:55 AM

LMAO

I think there can be a meeting in the middle. Both ways to acquire OL talent are on the table. KC just needs to do their homework.. cover their bases.. and yes, even get a bit lucky in their choices.

BossChief
12-29-2014, 10:58 AM

Haha you wanted 4/5 oh those guys in the first round.

Gimme a break

Titty Meat
12-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Orlando Franklin.

Dayze
12-29-2014, 11:30 AM
we could probably spend draft picks on OL if we didn't trade away 2nd rounders for scrub QBs

OldSchool
12-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Sign Clint Bolings to play LG and draft someone in the first 3 rounds to battle it out for the RG/RT positions with the guys on the roster.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2014, 11:40 AM
You win by building through the draft /Dorsey

Hoover
12-29-2014, 11:40 AM
I would love to plug in a good FA at guard but it's not going to cheap. Look at what Asamoah brought on the open market. Sure we missed him, but damn he was not worth what he costs, which leads me to believe that we should always be investing 3rd and 4th round picks in the o-line. Keeps us young, and lets us pay guys like Houston and Poe on defense. Since we need two guards and a RT I doubt we can fill all of our holes in FA.

petegz28
12-29-2014, 11:58 AM
I have to really question WTF is with Kush? Is he not capable of moving to G? If they plan on keeping Hudson at C, and it appears they do, the WTF are you hanging onto this guy for if you aren't going to play him? If he is nothing more than a backup C to be inactive on Sunday's then cut him and move on. Otherwise get him on the line at G. Dude his huge.

OldSchool
12-29-2014, 12:02 PM
I have to really question WTF is with Kush? Is he not capable of moving to G? If they plan on keeping Hudson at C, and it appears they do, the WTF are you hanging onto this guy for if you aren't going to play him? If he is nothing more than a backup C to be inactive on Sunday's then cut him and move on. Otherwise get him on the line at G. Dude his huge.

I will not be surprised if they let Hudson walk and keep Kush on. The cost of a good starting center is getting kind of ridiculous and you better believe that Hudson is going to be asking for similar compensation.

Nightfyre
12-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Good centers are like 6MM/year. I don't think that is a ridiculous cost. Source: http://overthecap.com/position/center/

If the Chiefs want to acquire free agents, this is the year to do it as we won't be getting comp picks for anyone we let go, imo.

Eleazar
12-29-2014, 12:12 PM
I don't want us to spend the first rounder on a lineman. We should take BPA.

However, we do need to spend multiple picks this year on offensive linemen, and probably pick up at least once serviceable vet in free agency.

The people currently on the roster need to be sent to the glue factory. :#

OldSchool
12-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Hudson is currently playing at a top 5 level right now. The top 5 contracts for centers in the NFL:

Maurkice Pouncey- $44.1 mil total, $8.82 mil per year, $13 mil guaranteed
Alex Mack - $42 mil, $8.4 mil per, $18 mil guaranteed
Ryan Kalil - $49.1 mil, $8.2 mil per, $19 mil guaranteed
Nick Mangold - $54 mil, $7.725 mil per, $16 mil guaranteed
Max Unger - $25.83 mil, $6.45 mil per, $11.5 mil guaranteed

Hudson's contract extension will fall somewhere within those numbers if the team decides to keep him. I don't think they can do that if they want to keep Houston around unless they let go of some solid pieces like Bowe and Hali.

KCUnited
12-29-2014, 12:27 PM
Let's fix the line by not re-signing the only talented lineman we have.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 12:29 PM

I'd resign him but, I won't be surprised if Dorsey doesn't. He doesn't fit Reid's usual mold. If we don't resign him I'm sure there will be another 2-14 thread next August but, we'll win at least eight games. It will be OK.

OldSchool
12-29-2014, 12:33 PM

I would do it for the sake of continuity and the fact that Hudson is actually pretty good, but I don't think that Dorsey will. There has to be a reason why they refuse to try Kush anywhere else along the OL when he clearly has the talent to play judging from what little we've seen of him, and instead continue to groom him at the Center position. They are going to move on from Hudson.

Sandy Vagina
12-29-2014, 12:35 PM
I would do it, but I don't think that Dorsey will. There has to be a reason why they refuse to try Kush anywhere else along the OL when he clearly has the talent to play, and instead continue to groom him at the Center position. They are going to move on from Hudson.

It's an interesting theory I had not considered. I think they will set a price... offer it.. and move on, if Hudson refuses it.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 12:36 PM
Re-sign Allen for cheap. Bulk Fisher up. Re-sign Hudson. We will have 2 spots left at two unimportant positions. Sorry, but I would rather bring in cheap competition at the two right spots and settle for Fulton and Harris worst case scenario.

If this were monopoly... Fine. But paying high coin for OL when we have Houston, Poe, Parker, berry and other contracts looming, for me, is nuts.

Agree that Dorsey has to step it up at OL. It is clearly the area where his scouting so far has been complete shit.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2014, 12:41 PM

Or we could have kept Albert and drafted players like Max Unger and Kraig Urbik and still had a good offensive line without using all the major draft picks like you wanted.

BossChief
12-29-2014, 01:09 PM
The OL coach needs to be gone.

The line hasn't improved and you'd have to think the input from him had to play into letting the guys walk that we didn't retain and that we didn't make moves to upgrade the talent on the OL.

What has he done to keep his job?

Discuss Thrower
12-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Hate that I agree with Black Bob.. But I think the writing is on the wall for Hudson hitting FA.

ThaVirus
12-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Re-sign Allen for cheap. Bulk Fisher up. Re-sign Hudson. We will have 2 spots left at two unimportant positions. Sorry, but I would rather bring in cheap competition at the two right spots and settle for Fulton and Harris worst case scenario.

If this were monopoly... Fine. But paying high coin for OL when we have Houston, Poe, Parker, berry and other contracts looming, for me, is nuts.

Agree that Dorsey has to step it up at OL. It is clearly the area where his scouting so far has been complete shit.

Parker and Berry?

Berry is likely done and Parker can fuck right off his he's asking for anything substantial.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Parker and Berry?

Berry is likely done and Parker can fuck right off his he's asking for anything substantial.
The team should commit money to playmakers. If not berry, then a receiver or a guy who can make plays on defense. Even without berry, the Chiefs have lots of bigger contracts to start thinking about. I hate the idea of spending top much money on linemen when an adequate line will usually do just fine.

Sandy Vagina
12-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Parker and Berry?

Berry is likely done and Parker can **** right off his he's asking for anything substantial.

Yep.. Parker wants big money? just keep Kurt Coleman for cheap. No one should want Parker at CB anyway.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Yep.. Parker wants big money? just keep Kurt Coleman for cheap. No one should want Parker at CB anyway.
I doubt he will want big money. It's curious to me that people would rather throw money at a lineman versus a guy who can play safety, nickel, even the 2 corner adequately well. Yeah, if he asks for too much, can him. But I would much rather keep him since he was part of a secondary that played really well.

And Coleman starting in parkers place is one of the worst ideas I've heard. He's fine for depth. That's it.

ThaVirus
The team should commit money to playmakers. If not berry, then a receiver or a guy who can make plays on defense. Even without berry, the Chiefs have lots of bigger contracts to start thinking about. I hate the idea of spending top much money on linemen when an adequate line will usually do just fine.

Obviously I could be wrong but I think Parker is the kind of guy you let walk if he starts asking for too much.

Like I said, and I hate to say it, Berry is probably done. We have to be prepared to move on without him.

Shore up the offensive line, add playmakers on offense, and try and fill a few holes on the defensive side however we can.

ThaVirus
I wonder what we'll do at ILB..

ThaVirus
12-29-2014, 01:20 PM
I doubt he will want big money. It's curious to me that people would rather throw money at a lineman versus a guy who can play safety, nickel, even the 2 corner adequately well. Yeah, if he asks for too much, can him. But I would much rather keep him since he was part of a secondary that played really well.

And Coleman starting in parkers place is one of the worst ideas I've heard. He's fine for depth. That's it.

I think keeping Hudson is pretty imperative. He's the only lineman we have that's worth a shit.

Yeah, Fisher could be pretty good next year and possibly even Fulton, although I wouldn't hold my breath. Allen will come back and be serviceable probably but remember last year he was probably the biggest goat outside of Fisher.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Obviously I could be wrong but I think Parker is the kind of guy you let walk if he starts asking for too much.

Like I said, and I hate to say it, Berry is probably done. We have to be prepared to move on without him.

Shore up the offensive line, add playmakers on offense, and try and fill a few holes on the defensive side however we can.
This defense is a player or 2 away from being a legit top 3 defense. I would rather invest there. We are more likely to win with a seahawks model than a Packers model.

BossChief
12-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Starting quality left guards are really expensive in free agency.

Good ones get silly money.

Iupati will probably get 7million per

RunKC
12-29-2014, 01:32 PM
I would do it for the sake of continuity and the fact that Hudson is actually pretty good, but I don't think that Dorsey will. There has to be a reason why they refuse to try Kush anywhere else along the OL when he clearly has the talent to play judging from what little we've seen of him, and instead continue to groom him at the Center position. They are going to move on from Hudson.

I fear this and really hope it doesn't happen, but I can see it happening. I bet a team will pay Hudson $7 million per.

I like Hudson but if he's too much, you gotta let him go with Kush in the wings.

BossChief
12-29-2014, 01:41 PM
This should have been the OL for 2014

LT Fisher
LG Hudson
C Kush
RG Incognito
RT Harris

That would have been an average to above average line.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 01:46 PM

LT Fisher
LG Hudson
C Kush
RG Incognito
RT Harris

Nobody expected Stephenson to regress. That was just plain bizarre.

Fuck no to incognito.

Swap in Allen and Stephenson on the right side, and the line would have been fine enough. Not great by any stretch. Fine enough.

BossChief
12-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Allen was trash as a lg and not a whole lot better as a RT.

I doubt he returns

Rams Fan
12-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Cowboys say otherwise.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Allen was trash as a lg and not a whole lot better as a RT.

I doubt he returns
He's adequate. Which is all you need at guard, and at least buys you time to draft a cheap replacement. Cheap swing lineman who can start anywhere in a pinch. Ideally, Stephenson should swing to guard but who fucking knows what happened there.

Reid seems like a players coach. But there are a few players with some bizarre things the past 2 years. Stephenson is one of them. McGrath, Watkins are a few others. Even catapano, I feel like we don't know the full story there.

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Cowboys say otherwise.

It took the Cowboys 2-3 years to find all of those guys, and they hit on just about every single draft pick they made at the OL.

I don't trust Reid and Dorsey to make those OL picks. Meanwhile as all of these guys are struggling, we have to "give them time," not knowing for at least two seasons if they're worth two shits to be rolling with long-term.

Just look at Eric Fisher. IF he's going to be that cornerstone LT, we will have had to wait 2 full seasons plus an offseason of still not knowing what his vagina is made of.

And we're STILL fucking playing the waiting game with Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson, with most of the signs pointing to "abortion."

I'd rather Dorsey go out and get some Geoff Schwartzes (before he got paid by the Giants) than sit here with a bunch of Zach Fultons, waiting for them to blossom and wondering if they ever will.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 02:25 PM

LT Fisher
LG Hudson
C Kush
RG Incognito
RT Harris

Meh, I disagree. No way anyone signs Incognito. He's gone forever. Harris over Stephenson from day one? That's plausible but, Kush over Hudson? You know Reid wanted Kush to be ready to play man. He fits the mold Reid wants. He was inactive in half the games. If Reid said he wasn't ready, then he really wasn't ready imo.

Also, how can you even logically say you've seen enough of Kush to say he'd start over Hudson? This sounds like Nico johnson part deux to me. Everyone knows you liked him and wanted him to start over Jordan and then Mays but that didn't happen. Hell, you probably saw more of him than you have of Kush.

RobBlake
12-29-2014, 02:31 PM
More like a C- or even D on pass blocking.. but that would still be a pass pro upgrade for KC.

he used to be B level but lately he is just terrible.. esp this year...

Titty Meat
12-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Peat-Allen-Hudson-Franklin-Fisher

Saccopoo
12-29-2014, 06:32 PM
We've been drafting interior line in the high rounds for years, and all it's gotten us is Rodney Hudson. It's like when the Chiefs kept drafting DTs for years and years in the first three rounds. At some point you cut your losses and start drafting a different position instead of continuing to double down on stuff you suck at finding talent for.

Reid has an atrocious record at drafting offensive linemen. What makes you fucking think we should trust him to use our valuable draft picks to fuck shit up again?

Reid's not drafting them, Dorsey is.

You just better hope that the Decision Lens is able to crap out a draft board that contains a couple of Pro-Bowlers at RT and LG for the 2015 NFL Draft for the Chiefs.

Hope that science and computers and the future is now and that the information that Dorsey and his small army of coaches and scouts put into Hal the Super Computer is the right information.

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Reid's not drafting them, Dorsey is.

You just better hope that the Decision Lens is able to crap out a draft board that contains a couple of Pro-Bowlers at RT and LG for the 2015 NFL Draft for the Chiefs.

Hope that science and computers and the future is now and that the information that Dorsey and his small army of coaches and scouts put into Hal the Super Computer is the right information.

We need LG filled NOW with somebody. If that's Jeff Allen, then cool. But if it's not, I don't want to wait ANOTHER season for Alex fans to blame the offensive line.

McGlynn is the worst thing since sliced AIDS bread. He needs to be replaced. Once we find his replacement, we're going to see a DRAMATIC improvement in our offensive line play. There's absolutely no reason to go fucking crazy with a new RT here and a new RG there and 8 backup dudes in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.

Saccopoo
12-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Haha you wanted 4/5 oh those guys in the first round.

Gimme a break

Let's see...

Wanted in first round: Mack, Okung, Jackson
Wanted in second round: Beadles, Hudson

Close.

And yet, if we did that, we'd be alright about right now, wouldn't we?

Alex Mack instead of Tyson Jackson
Russell Okung instead of Eric Berry
Zane Beadles instead of Dexter McCluster
Gabe Jackson instead of Dee Ford
We picked Hudson!

Jackson isn't on the team. McCluster isn't on the team. Berry is likely to retire. Ford hasn't contributed.

Seems to me that those would have been better picks than what we made.

Saccopoo
12-29-2014, 06:56 PM
I will not be surprised if they let Hudson walk and keep Kush on. The cost of a good starting center is getting kind of ridiculous and you better believe that Hudson is going to be asking for similar compensation.

What?

Are you fucking nuts?

Kush can't beat out Linkenbach or McGlynn, yet you want to replace our best lineman and one of the better centers in the league with that guy?

Because we weren't bad enough across the offensive line and you want to just let Hudson walk?

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2523.gif

Again..are you fucking nuts?!

RunKC
12-29-2014, 06:57 PM
And yet, if we did that, we'd be alright about right now, wouldn't we?

No because Geno Smith would have been our QB if you were the GM. LMAO

Saccopoo
12-29-2014, 07:09 PM
We need LG filled NOW with somebody. If that's Jeff Allen, then cool. But if it's not, I don't want to wait ANOTHER season for Alex fans to blame the offensive line.

McGlynn is the worst thing since sliced AIDS bread. He needs to be replaced. Once we find his replacement, we're going to see a DRAMATIC improvement in our offensive line play. There's absolutely no reason to go fucking crazy with a new RT here and a new RG there and 8 backup dudes in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.

Two dudes.

That's what we need.

RT and LG.

Allen hasn't shown jack shit. I've had hope for him, but I'm thinking that ship has sailed.

Stephenson, who I had hope for, is apparently a product of roids as he was getting rag dolled when he came back from suspension. Either he takes on Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds as a mentor/advisor, or we get a new RT.

RT and LG.

If you draft talent, talent will play.

They need guys who can contribute immediately and who have a high ceiling.

First round type of guys.

La'el Collins would be nice in the first and then they can follow up with a guy like Louisville's John Miller or Duke's Laken Tomlinson.

That's what we call a win/win.

Saccopoo
12-29-2014, 07:16 PM
No because Geno Smith would have been our QB if you were the GM. LMAO

That's true.

And I still think that with him sitting a year or two under Reid and Alex Smith, learning what the league is about, that he'd be a pretty damn good QB.

Rex Ryan and Marty Morhinweg as your HC and OC and throwing him to the lions as a rookie? That's begging for disaster.

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Two dudes.

That's what we need.

RT and LG.

Allen hasn't shown jack shit. I've had hope for him, but I'm thinking that ship has sailed.

Stephenson, who I had hope for, is apparently a product of roids as he was getting rag dolled when he came back from suspension. Either he takes on Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds as a mentor/advisor, or we get a new RT.

RT and LG.

If you draft talent, talent will play.

They need guys who can contribute immediately and who have a high ceiling.

First round type of guys.

La'el Collins would be nice in the first and then they can follow up with a guy like Louisville's John Miller or Duke's Laken Tomlinson.

That's what we call a win/win.

Those guys will probably suck dick. They're rookies.

Some rookie offensive linemen are great. Others aren't (see: Eric Fisher).

Knowing the past record that Dorsey and Reid have with scouting and drafting offensive linemen, I'm betting the guys they pick will "need more time", and they won't be able to be plug and play guys.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 07:37 PM
That's true.

And I still think that with him sitting a year or two under Reid and Alex Smith, learning what the league is about, that he'd be a pretty damn good QB.

Rex Ryan and Marty Morhinweg as your HC and OC and throwing him to the lions as a rookie? That's begging for disaster.

Here's the thing... Reid didn't want him. In fact, nobody wanted him in the first round because he ****ing sucks. He was never a good QB. Not even in college. Go back and watch the tape and only watch his head. He can't make more than one read. He sucks under pressure and he's stupid. Last, he's a terrible ****ing leader. He pouted like a bitch in college when the chips didn't fall his way.

He might literally be the worst second round QB ever taken when it's all said and done.

ODESSABRONC
12-29-2014, 07:45 PM

I've never heard of Clint Boling. That aside Iupati is one of the best interior linemen in the League so he seems to the least likely to slip way from his team.

Saccopoo
12-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Here's the thing... Reid didn't want him. In fact, nobody wanted him in the first round because he ****ing sucks. He was never a good QB. Not even in college. Go back and watch the tape and only watch his head. He can't make more than one read. He sucks under pressure and he's stupid. Last, he's a terrible ****ing leader. He pouted like a bitch in college when the chips didn't fall his way.

He might literally be the worst second round QB ever taken when it's all said and done.

You fucking suck.

Don't make me pull out the Geno Smith gif library from his college days. They guy was stellar. Fuck you.

Did you watch the Jets game yesterday? He's capable of that on a regular basis if he had the coaching and tools around him.

Fuck that. Geno Smith, if given the appropriate opportunity, could be absolute balls out.

stevieray
12-29-2014, 08:00 PM
It amazes me how much people put stock into a single player from another team...

like it says something about you.

Discuss Thrower
12-29-2014, 08:01 PM
AAAaaaaaand Sacc throws down the gauntlet.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:04 PM
You ****ing suck.

Don't make me pull out the Geno Smith gif library from his college days. They guy was stellar. **** you.

Did you watch the Jets game yesterday? He's capable of that on a regular basis if he had the coaching and tools around him.

**** that. Geno Smith, if given the appropriate opportunity, could be absolute balls out.

No need, I was around for every one of those gifs and said the same thing I am saying now. He ****ing sucks. He won't even get a second shot in another city. Watch the tape again and only watch his head. He was so overrated man.

lcarus
12-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Questions:

1. Is Jeff Allen done for? I've thought he was good. I've thought he was terrible. THen was just injured so I have no idea where we stand with him for the future. I'm guessing he's a goner or will have to compete with newcomers for a starting guard spot.

2. How did Asamoah do this year? Like Jeff Allen, I once thought he was gonna be great, then I felt "meh" about him, then obviously, he was a goner.

3. What are the chances we end up with Fisher at LT and Stephenson at RT next year?

These are all questions seeking opinion of course, but I'm interested in your answers.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Never mind, should not have broken my "don't talk about Geno" policy. It is absolutely pointless.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Questions:

1. Is Jeff Allen done for? I've thought he was good. I've thought he was terrible. THen was just injured so I have no idea where we stand with him for the future. I'm guessing he's a goner or will have to compete with newcomers for a starting guard spot.

2. How did Asamoah do this year? Like Jeff Allen, I once thought he was gonna be great, then I felt "meh" about him, then obviously, he was a goner.

3. What are the chances we end up with Fisher at LT and Stephenson at RT next year?

These are all questions seeking opinion of course, but I'm interested in your answers.
Keep Allen. Will be cheap and can valuably play swing lineman and play two positions. Assuming Pioli doesn't overpay him, which I bet he will. If so, can him.

Stephenson is done. I think it was gblowfish who said his sideline demeanor was strange. Seems like he's done.

Don't know about asamoah. Given what a shit show Atlanta was, would bet he wasn't worth the contract.

Saccopoo
12-29-2014, 08:17 PM
No need, I was around for every one of those gifs and said the same thing I am saying now. He ****ing sucks. He won't even get a second shot in another city. Watch the tape again and only watch his head. He was so overrated man.

Bullshit.

Dude was balls.

Eat me.

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 08:22 PM
"Watch the tape"

LMAO LMAO LMAO

And he said it in two consecutive posts!

lcarus
12-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Keep Allen. Will be cheap and can valuably play swing lineman and play two positions. Assuming Pioli doesn't overpay him, which I bet he will. If so, can him.

Stephenson is done. I think it was gblowfish who said his sideline demeanor was strange. Seems like he's done.

Don't know about asamoah. Given what a shit show Atlanta was, would bet he wasn't worth the contract.

Question #4: Why is Pioli so in love with these ex-Chiefs? Just because he drafted him? The fuckin ego on that guy. Thank god he's gone. Alex and Andy and Dorsey, with all their warts, all their shitty playcalling, shitty clock management, checkdown, no WR TDs, no throws beyond 2 yards, etc....STILL is better than that fucking assclown Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:26 PM
"Watch the tape"

LMAO LMAO LMAO

And he said it in two consecutive posts!

Honestly, I bet I watched 1/4 of the tape on him that you guys did. It was easy for me to see because i knew what to look for. I didn't waste much time watching him because it was fucking obvious. Those were fun times. LMAO You wouldn't believe the trash I talked to Walter at Walter mock. He lost so much cred that year because of Geno.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 08:28 PM
2. How did Asamoah do this year?

Asamoah was never as bad as Jeff Allen or the poverty AIDS we trotted out at G this year.

He was an average NFL guard, we just couldn't pay him.

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 08:28 PM

BUT DID GBLOWFISH WATCH THE TAPE?

lcarus
12-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Asamoah was never as bad as Jeff Allen or the poverty AIDS we trotted out at G this year.

He was an average NFL guard, we just couldn't pay him.

I knew he was better than anything we had this season, but was just curious if he regressed or got better this year. Don't know how many people we have here that really study Atlanta Falcons o-line play heh

lcarus
12-29-2014, 08:30 PM
BUT DID GBLOWFISH WATCH THE TAPE?

George probably has a 6 hour VHS of that fat fucker blocking. He probably even broke off that little tab on the front so THE DAMN WIFE WON'T RECORD DANCING WITH THE STARS OVER IT! :mad:

BossChief
12-29-2014, 08:30 PM
Blackbob talking about someone losing cred is priceless

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 08:31 PM
Question #4: Why is Pioli so in love with these ex-Chiefs? Just because he drafted him? The fuckin ego on that guy.

Pretty much every NFL GM/coach works this way, though. They bring in their guys.

Vermeil brought in slapdicks from St. Louis, Herm brought in slapdicks from NY, Pioli brought in slapdicks from NE, and now he's bringing KC slapdicks to ATL.

Reid and Dorsey get their slapdicks from GB and PHI.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:32 PM
I knew he was better than anything we had this season, but was just curious if he regressed or got better this year. Don't know how many people we have here that really study Atlanta Falcons o-line play heh

He sucked. I watched tape on the Falcons and went to the Browns game. What I saw at the Browns game was worse than the tape. Ryan never had a chance.

lcarus
12-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Pretty much every NFL GM/coach works this way, though. They bring in their guys.

Vermeil brought in slapdicks from St. Louis, Herm brought in slapdicks from NY, Pioli brought in slapdicks from NE, and now he's bringing KC slapdicks to ATL.

Hey dude...ANY chance I get to pick on Pioli and I'll take it. Even if it's 100% unjustified. Fuck that bald turd.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Blackbob talking about someone losing cred is priceless

Says the guy who formed a mob against me. When you run a draft site for a job, you better get the first pick right. Or, he better at least go in the top ten. If he doesn't even go in the first round what does that say?

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 08:34 PM
I gotta disagree, SNR. At this point, I think the Chiefs need to go OT in the first round.

The Chiefs need a quick fix and a long term answer at tackle. Not only do they have zero talent at RT (Donald Stephenson's mopey ass should be cut), but it is now entirely possible that Eric Fisher busts.

The Chiefs need (a.) a better OL dramatically and immediately, and (b.) a contingency plan at LT.

The Chiefs don't have the cap space to sign (i.e. overpay) for one off the street. The first rounder is what we have to kill both of those birds with one stone.

lcarus
12-29-2014, 08:35 PM
I gotta disagree, SNR. At this point, I think the Chiefs need to go OT in the first round.

The Chiefs need a quick fix and a long term answer at tackle. Not only do they have zero talent at RT (Donald Stephenson's mopey ass should be cut), but it is now entirely possible that Eric Fisher busts.

The Chiefs need (a.) a better OL dramatically and immediately, and (b.) a contingency plan at LT.

The Chiefs don't have the cap space to sign (i.e. overpay) for one off the street. The first rounder is what we have.

I'd agree unless there is a really good WR there when we pick.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 08:35 PM

The Chiefs don't have the cap space to sign (i.e. overpay) for one off the street. The first rounder is what we have.

1. They're not giving up on Fisher.

2. Harris played well enough at RT this year to keep his job.

They won't take an OT. They will take a WR.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:37 PM

The Chiefs don't have the cap space to sign (i.e. overpay) for one off the street. The first rounder is what we have to kill both of those birds with one stone.

I haven't scouted this class yet but, if the trend continues, I think we'll go defense in the first round. DJ, Berry, Poe, and Tamba are free agents in 2016.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 08:38 PM
I'd agree unless there is a really good WR there when we pick.

Of course, you go with the best talent at a position of need.

But if a tackle and WR are there with similar grades, right now I advocate the tackle.

Sandy Vagina
12-29-2014, 08:42 PM

Yep. Draft an OT like La'el Collins, Ereck Flowers, or TJ Clemmings. Can play RT or LG.. eventually LT if need be.

+/or trade a 3rd for OL Alex Boone. That dude can play anywhere along the line except C, and would instantly be the 2nd best OL the Chiefs have.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 08:42 PM
1. They're not giving up on Fisher.

They won't take an OT. They will take a WR.

Push comes to shove, Reid/Dorsey will protect Alex Smith over Eric Fisher.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Push comes to shove, Reid/Dorsey will protect Alex Smith over Eric Fisher.

Wish we knew which hit lacerated the spleen. That would be interesting to know. Who missed the block?

Sandy Vagina
12-29-2014, 08:43 PM

Harris is an UFA, stupid... and has NOT been a good RT.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 08:44 PM
I haven't scouted this class yet but, if the trend continues, I think we'll go defense in the first round. DJ, Berry, Poe, and Tamba are free agents in 2016.

God this is stupid.

The loss of Berry, DJ, and Hali are already being adjusted for NOW.

Poe will be a Chief for life.

Stop being an idiot and I won't hate you so much.

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 08:44 PM

Exactly. That's what we REALLY need. A quick fix. We've already got some developmental prospects, and we can add more in the middle rounds. But we shouldn't be counting on those dudes as starters.

Ryan Harris is the cheap and quick fix. Go ahead and draft someone to replace Donald Stephenson beginning in the 2nd round and later. Go ahead and draft a LG at some point, and if we get lucky, then great. But for fuck's sake, there are free agent guards out there better than McGlynn and Linkenbach who won't cost us an arm and a leg. Just because you draft offensive linemen with high picks doesn't mean they'll be worth dick.

I could totally see Reid giving us another Danny Watkins-type abortion of a player in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. And the worst part is because he was drafted that high, we'll have to hang with him for a couple seasons because "He just needs time! We have to be patient with him!"

If you're going to fix the OL entirely through the draft and expect improvement immediately in 2015, then go fuck a cactus.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Harris is an UFA, stupid... and has NOT been a good RT.

ROFL

He was a better RT than Fisher was last year. I bet he is re-signed.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:46 PM

McGlynn is the worst thing since sliced AIDS bread. He needs to be replaced. Once we find his replacement, we're going to see a DRAMATIC improvement in our offensive line play. There's absolutely no reason to go ****ing crazy with a new RT here and a new RG there and 8 backup dudes in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds.

This is right on imo. The line was basically good enough aside from the back up LGs.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Yep. Draft an OT like La'el Collins, Ereck Flowers, or TJ Clemmings. Can play RT or LG.. eventually LT if need be.

+/or trade a 3rd for OL Alex Boone. That dude can play anywhere along the line except C, and would instantly be the 2nd best OL the Chiefs have.

I really like Collins, but he doesn't have LT potential. Neither does Clemmings, in my opinion.

I really like Ereck Flowers as a LT, however.

Sandy Vagina
12-29-2014, 08:47 PM
ROFL

That's like saying you are a better poster than INmen.. one is just a slimier pile of shit than the other. LMAO

Direckshun
ROFL

That's an awfully low bar you're setting.

John Dope
God this is stupid.

The loss of Berry, DJ, and Hali are already being adjusted for NOW.

Poe will be a Chief for life.

Stop being an idiot and I won't hate you so much.

I speak the truth man. Albert was going to be a free agent in 2013 so Dorsey drafted Fisher. Houston in 2014 and Hali in 2015 so he drafted Ford. It's a ****ing trend asshole. There's a good chance we won't have Hali or Houston in 2016.

I hope and agree about Poe.

I'm not stupid. You guys are stupid with your unreal draft expectations every year. You research so much. For what?

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 08:48 PM
ROFL

Eric Fisher was a worse RT than Barry Richardson.

I'm not exaggerating.

Sandy Vagina
12-29-2014, 08:49 PM
I really like Collins, but he doesn't have LT potential. Neither does Clemmings, in my opinion.

I really like Ereck Flowers as a LT, however.

I'm not completely sold on any of them at LT.. but the possibility of it working is there. Worst case is, great G or RT.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Exactly. That's what we REALLY need. A quick fix. We've already got some developmental prospects, and we can add more in the middle rounds. But we shouldn't be counting on those dudes as starters.

Ryan Harris is the cheap and quick fix. Go ahead and draft someone to replace Donald Stephenson beginning in the 2nd round and later. Go ahead and draft a LG at some point, and if we get lucky, then great. But for ****'s sake, there are free agent guards out there better than McGlynn and Linkenbach who won't cost us an arm and a leg. Just because you draft offensive linemen with high picks doesn't mean they'll be worth dick.

I could totally see Reid giving us another Danny Watkins-type abortion of a player in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. And the worst part is because he was drafted that high, we'll have to hang with him for a couple seasons because "He just needs time! We have to be patient with him!"

If you're going to fix the OL entirely through the draft and expect improvement immediately in 2015, then go **** a cactus.

We need. A left tackle.

We currently don't have one. We need to get another long-term solution on the roster. As it stands now, our best bet for that is failing.

You get LTs in the first.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm not completely sold on any of them at LT.. but the possibility of it working is there. Worst case is, great G or RT.

Except I really do like Flowers, but I agree.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:55 PM
We need. A left tackle.

We currently don't have one. We need to get another long-term solution on the roster. As it stands now, our best bet for that is failing.

LMAO There you go again...

LT is the one position we will absolutely not draft in the first. RT? Maybe but no way we draft a guy to start at LT as a rookie at #17.

RealSNR
12-29-2014, 08:55 PM
We need. A left tackle.

I hate Eric Fisher as much as the next guy, but that's just ridiculous. If he improves a little bit and finally hits the weights this offseason with his healthy vagina, he becomes a meh-ish middle-of-the-pack starter at LT with the potential to be adequate.

A #1 overall pick middle-of-the-pack starter at LT protecting our #1 overall pick middle-of-the-pack starter at QB. You know what? I kind of like that. It's quite poetic.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 08:57 PM
I hate Eric Fisher as much as the next guy, but that's just ridiculous. If he improves a little bit and finally hits the weights this offseason with his healthy vagina, he becomes a meh-ish middle-of-the-pack starter at LT with the potential to be adequate.

A #1 overall pick middle-of-the-pack starter at LT protecting our #1 overall pick middle-of-the-pack starter at QB. You know what? I kind of like that. It's quite poetic.

Yep, he's good enough. We agree!

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 09:00 PM

LMAO

Oh, the seeds have been planted for a fun offseason.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 09:03 PM

You don't HAVE to.

Veldheer
Peters
Bushrod
Dunlap
Penn
Roos

And in history:

Flozell Adams
Matt Light
Marcus McNeill

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 09:09 PM
You absolutely have to.

Three tackles were taken in the first four picks of 2013.

The premium teams are putting at tackles with LT potential in the NFL today is unreal.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 09:11 PM
You absolutely have to.

The premium teams are putting at tackles with LT potential in the NFL today is unreal.

How many started the season at LT as rookies?

ZERO

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 09:13 PM
You absolutely have to.

And yet...history proves...you don't have to do so.

The only "premium" on 2013 OTs was due to the lack of QBs.

John Dope
12-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Even guys like Robinson and Lewan who graded better than the 2013 guys didn't start the season at LT. They started at guard and on the bench.

We aren't drafting a starting LT.

notorious
12-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Draft another LT in the 1st round?

http://gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Misc/Guy%20sets%20himself%20on%20fire%20and%20jumps%20out%20of%20his%20window.gif

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Wish we knew which hit lacerated the spleen. That would be interesting to know. Who missed the block?

Whoever it was did a huge solid for the franchise. Heres to you Mr Missed Blocker.

penbrook
12-29-2014, 09:30 PM
Whoever it was did a huge solid for the franchise. Heres to you Mr Missed Blocker.

It was on the play where Smith overthrew Wilson on the deep route. It was Linkenbach he totally whiffed on his guy so Charles had to go one in one with him and he lost.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2014, 09:38 PM
It was on the play where Smith overthrew Wilson on the deep route. It was Linkenbach he totally whiffed on his guy so Charles had to go one in one with him and he lost.

Thanks. Ordering Linkenbach fat head now.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 10:14 PM
We need. A left tackle.

You start Fisher at left tackle. Draft a high upside, high risk guy in the 3rd or so. Stephenson crapping out really fucks us up. He should have been our security at left tackle. Maybe with Allen and Stephenson having uncertainty, we can get both back for cheap. Those two guys are excellent stopgap options and excellent depth at the right price. Two guys we really needed this season.

cosmo20002
12-29-2014, 10:21 PM
This means you, Saccopoo.

Do you really want Andy Reid and John Dorsey to build the future of this line? Given their histories with the Packers and Eagles, these two dildos wouldn't be able to scout out a good offensive lineman if Sandra Bullock provided them with all of the protective instincts scores.

That's funny. Geez I hated that fucking movie.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 10:22 PM
We get them both back in 2015. They're both in the last years of their contracts.

Stephenson should be actively cut, however. The coaching staff hates him.

The staff likes Allen, however. Allen can play tackle, too.

It's entirely possible the Chiefs bring in a LG and place Allen at RT.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 10:24 PM
That's funny. Geez I hated that ****ing movie.

SNR's not wrong, either.

"Protective instincts"??? WTF IS PROTECTIVE INSTINCTS.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 10:24 PM
I can't believe there's a person on the planet we live on that thinks Jeff Allen should be a part of anything going forward.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 10:26 PM
I can't believe there's a person on the planet we live on that thinks Jeff Allen should be a part of anything going forward.

He's not the hero we need right now, but he's the one we deserve.

lcarus
12-29-2014, 10:27 PM

We're probably the only fuckers on the entire planet even talking about fat Jeff Allen, left guard for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Direckshun
12-29-2014, 10:36 PM
You guys are diva-tards.

Roughly a third of the league has OL on their team they hate as much as we hate McGlynn. Keep in mind we are not the first place McGlynn started.

penbrook
12-29-2014, 11:04 PM
You guys are diva-tards.

Roughly a third of the league has OL on their team they hate as much as we hate McGlynn. Keep in mind we are not the first place McGlynn started.

Exactly guys Mcglynn started in Philly with Reid from 2008-2010 so he knows exactly what Mcglynn was capable of

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 11:08 PM
He will be cheap. He can play two positions. He can stopgap to buy you time to draft or Groom a replacement. Worst case scenario, he's a valuable backup swing lineman. We have to stop thinking our backups need to be starter quality.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 11:09 PM
He will be cheap. He can play two positions. He can stopgap to buy you time to draft or Groom a replacement. Worst case scenario, he's a valuable backup swing lineman. We have to stop thinking our backups need to be starter quality.

He's not even backup quality.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 11:13 PM
He's not even backup quality.
Don't be ridiculous. He's fine as a backup. As a starter...he's not someone I want long term but he's fine as a stopgap.

Dave Lane
12-29-2014, 11:15 PM
we could probably spend draft picks on OL if we didn't trade away 2nd rounders for scrub QBs

I'd rather get scrub OL than QB but thats just me. And yeah you nailed it.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Don't be ridiculous. He's fine as a backup. As a starter...he's not someone I want long term but he's fine as a stopgap.

He's basically a young McGlynn. Sorry, but no.

Dave Lane
12-29-2014, 11:19 PM

And you know this how?

penbrook
12-29-2014, 11:22 PM
And you know this how?

Terez Paylor said it was

jd1020
12-29-2014, 11:27 PM
The draft is where you go to look for skill positions like OL. You simply can't afford risking your future on the next JaMarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, Blaine Gabbert, etc... If you miss on positions like that you set your franchise back at least 4 years.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2014, 11:30 PM
The draft is where you go to look for skill positions like OL. You simply can't afford risking your future on the next JaMarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, Blaine Gabbert, etc... If you miss on positions like that you set your franchise back at least 4 years.
Good gms should be able to use the back half of the draft. Especially to find interior linemen. Dorsey needs to figure that shit out. The approach is fine. Just has to start hitting on the picks. Seattle has built their entire line minus okung using mostly value picks.

Saccopoo
12-30-2014, 12:01 AM

Ryan Harris is the cheap and quick fix. Go ahead and draft someone to replace Donald Stephenson beginning in the 2nd round and later. Go ahead and draft a LG at some point, and if we get lucky, then great. But for fuck's sake, there are free agent guards out there better than McGlynn and Linkenbach who won't cost us an arm and a leg. Just because you draft offensive linemen with high picks doesn't mean they'll be worth dick.

If you're going to fix the OL entirely through the draft and expect improvement immediately in 2015, then go fuck a cactus.

La'el Collins and a guy like John Miller is an immediate improvement. A healthy Jeff Allen is an immediate improvement. But they have to get better at RT and LG. And, in all honesty, the talent in the first where the Chiefs will be picking is leaning towards the trenches on both sides of the ball.

La'el Collins (RT or LG - your choice, but he's a beast who immediately upgrades this shit line)
Eddie Goldman, DT (taking DeVito's spot)
Danny Shelton, DT (having Poe move over to DeVito's spot)

Those guys are better than the "skill" position guys, though I wouldn't mind a PJ Williams, CB; Florida State or Kevin White, WR; WVU (though I think he's a Dwayne Bowe clone at this point and would rather have them go with a lanky burst guy like Dres Anderson in the third versus White in the first).

Saccopoo
12-30-2014, 12:07 AM
We need. A left tackle.

Collins has been at LT for the past two years after LG the year before. He's stoned the best pass rushers in the SEC. He doesn't look the part, but he's got the skill set to play there. Pretty darn good footwork. However, he's so goddamn strong and nasty that RT seems to be a natural for him. IMO, he's the best shot at improving the Chiefs offensive line in that he's immediately an upgrade at either LG or RT and has the potential of moving over to LT if Fisher doesn't get it together in totality in 2015 and has to be moved inside to OG. (Personally, I think he's progressed and should be even better and more comfortable next season with a full, healthy, injury free off-season conditioning.)

Easy 6
12-30-2014, 05:34 AM
Just like with the receivers, I'd prefer to see this thing attacked from both directions... put a quality vet next to Fisher and draft another guy or two to threaten Fulton and Harris.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2014, 06:31 AM
We need. A left tackle.

FFS stop drafting OL. We have a LT. He's currently shit, but we have one and need to ride him out.

Saccopoo
12-30-2014, 11:21 AM
FFS stop drafting OL. We have a LT. He's currently shit, but we have one and need to ride him out.

That's great and all, but it doesn't address the massive holes we saw at LG and RT.

Harris was horrible.

McGlynn and Linkenbach showed you what you get when you shop the free agent market for offensive lineman and do it on the cheap.

Either they draft a guy who is going to be less expensive and much better, or you pay through the nose on an emerging talent coming off his rookie contract.

You guys saw how much Jon Asamoah got paid, and he was crap. That's the going rate for even marginal OG talent. Good teams don't let their good talent walk, especially on the OL, when you have the money.

Fisher will be better. I know he gets ragged on for his performances but he's got a very high skill set and has continued to show better. A full off-season training and conditioning without having to deal with a shoulder injury like he had last year will be huge for him.

Fulton will be better. He screwed up a lot, but he also flashed enough for me to think that there is a solid future for the guy.

Allen got injured, which was tragic as the guy put in a lot of work in the off-season and was probably set to make a big jump forward. I like the guy and his attitude and he's got a solid skill set. Personally, I like him better as the #1 backup for the OL than as a starter based on what we've seen so far, but I think he can be better than what he's shown.

Harris was a stop gap and he wasn't good. McGlynn and Linkenbach were guys who you hoped would be Schwartz. They weren't.

This team, QB and offense (Charles and Davis), needs guys on the line who can be in the top 30% at their OL positions. You upgrade the line, you'll see a substantially better product on the field. Guaranteed. That's worth another investment on the OL, especially at RT.

And with 11 picks in this draft, they will get the chance to draft quality players at skill positions in the early mid-rounds. WR is deep. CB is deep. ILB is deep. Everybody keeps talking about WR in the first, but apparently don't realize that you can get a guy like Washington State's Vince Mayle (who is every bit as good as Kevin White, Devante Parker or Arizona State's Jaleen Strong with 1483 yards and 9 TD's in 2014), Utah's Dres Anderson, Miami's Phillip Dorsett or the like in the third.

Titty Meat
12-30-2014, 11:24 AM
SNR's thread is a much different tone then what Reid said last night on the Chiefs Kingdom show. Basically he said that champions aren't built in free agency.

Hammock Parties
12-30-2014, 11:24 AM
lol, Fulton won't even be starting next year I bet.

RunKC
12-30-2014, 11:32 AM

Ryan Harris is the cheap and quick fix. Go ahead and draft someone to replace Donald Stephenson beginning in the 2nd round and later. Go ahead and draft a LG at some point, and if we get lucky, then great. But for ****'s sake, there are free agent guards out there better than McGlynn and Linkenbach who won't cost us an arm and a leg. Just because you draft offensive linemen with high picks doesn't mean they'll be worth dick.

If you're going to fix the OL entirely through the draft and expect improvement immediately in 2015, then go **** a cactus.

Here's what you have to understand SNR. Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson didn't fit this offense that well. They aren't big enough. Reid likes maulers. Big 320+lb guys with strength, and that wasn't Jeff Allen or Donald Stephenson. Pioli didn't get them for that type of offense. That's why they both went to LeCharles Bentley's camp last year to get stronger.

Drafting the right players for us is what we need. Ja'Wuan James, Zack Martin, Gabe Jackson and Joel Bitonio all looked good in their system, and they made good immediate impacts.

I think we need to use the Miami Dolphins offseason plan last spring. Bring in a free agent and draft one high. Draft one that doesn't need to get stronger. Draft one with good technique.
Don't draft guys with high potential who need work like Eric Fisher and Dee Ford. Draft players that are ready NOW.
No more of this "develop time" bullshit.

There are a number of OT's that are strong enough to play immediately and be solid guys. La'El Collins and TJ Clemmings appear to be that.

The Franchise
12-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Reid likes maulers. Big 320+lb guys with strength, and that wasn't Jeff Allen or Donald Stephenson.

http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/eric-fisher.jpg

RunKC
12-30-2014, 11:39 AM
http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/eric-fisher.jpg

You missed this part of my post..

Draft one that doesn't need to get stronger. Draft one with good technique.
Don't draft guys with high potential who need work like Eric Fisher and Dee Ford. Draft players that are ready NOW.

The Franchise
12-30-2014, 11:40 AM
You said that Reid likes maulers. We drafted Eric Fisher. So either Reid has absolutely zero input on who we're drafting...or you're wrong.

RunKC
12-30-2014, 11:44 AM
You said that Reid likes maulers. We drafted Eric Fisher. So either Reid has absolutely zero input on who we're drafting...or you're wrong.

Or you don't understand Dorsey's philosophy. What do you not get about this?

Eric Fisher has the frame to get much bigger and become a 320 lb mauler OT.
Dee Ford has the frame to get bigger and stronger to become a better run stuffer.

Dorsey has drafted for "long-term potential" by getting guys who have good traits but need to get stronger.

What I'm saying is STOP doing this bullshit and draft a guy who is already strong. Who is already 320 lbs and doesn't need to get stronger.
Dorsey thinks he can become that type of player after a couple of years. And that's probably why Reid wanted to roll with Stephenson and Allen this year to see if they were strong enough.

Didn't work out.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Here's what you have to understand SNR. Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson didn't fit this offense that well. They aren't big enough. Reid likes maulers. Big 320+lb guys with strength, and that wasn't Jeff Allen or Donald Stephenson. Pioli didn't get them for that type of offense. That's why they both went to LeCharles Bentley's camp last year to get stronger.

Drafting the right players for us is what we need. Ja'Wuan James, Zack Martin, Gabe Jackson and Joel Bitonio all looked good in their system, and they made good immediate impacts.

I think we need to use the Miami Dolphins offseason plan last spring. Bring in a free agent and draft one high. Draft one that doesn't need to get stronger. Draft one with good technique.

There are a number of OT's that are strong enough to play immediately and be solid guys. La'El Collins and TJ Clemmings appear to be that.

Ryan Harris and Linkenbach are not maulers
Hudson is not a mauler and Reid is starting him over Kush, who is much bigger
Fisher is not a mauler and won't be even with bulk

Haven't seen anything that indicates Reid is still stuck on this mauler thing. In fact, Dorsey himself said that because QBs can get rid of the ball so quickly, you need DEs/OLBs with speed rush, and you need OTs not to maul but to have length to knock speed rushers off their path.

Saccopoo
12-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Or you don't understand Dorsey's philosophy. What do you not get about this?

Eric Fisher has the frame to get much bigger and become a 320 lb mauler OT.
Dee Ford has the frame to get bigger and stronger to become a better run stuffer.

Dorsey has drafted for "long-term potential" by getting guys who have good traits but need to get stronger.

What I'm saying is STOP doing this bullshit and draft a guy who is already strong. Who is already 320 lbs and doesn't need to get stronger.

Exactly.

Fisher was going to require three years and if you didn't realize that, you were an idiot. In addition, his development the first two seasons was hampered by that shoulder injury. Fixed now, but he didn't have time to build up in the off-season like he should have because of the surgery/fix. The off-season is huge for a guy like Fisher who needs to build on his mass and functional strength. You simply cannot do that during the regular season.

And the thing is, anybody who is 320 lb. with strength and has some skill set/talent with experience isn't going to come cheap.

I would have loved to have picked up a guy like Zane Beadles in FA last season, but you are paying this for that type of guy:

Zane Beadles: 5 year / $30 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including $12,450,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $6,000,000.

It's either draft him or pay for him. For this offense, this QB and trying to support our quality RB's, the Chiefs/Dorsey can't lowball it anymore - either in the draft or FA.

And if you are going to draft him and get that level of talent, you are usually going to have to do it in the first three rounds. After that, it's like every other position, you better get a little lucky on a guy.

RunKC
12-30-2014, 12:01 PM
Ryan Harris and Linkenbach are not maulers
Hudson is not a mauler and Reid is starting him over Kush, who is much bigger
Fisher is not a mauler and won't be even with bulk

Haven't seen anything that indicates Reid is still stuck on this mauler thing. In fact, Dorsey himself said that because QBs can get rid of the ball so quickly, you need DEs/OLBs with speed rush, and you need OTs not to maul but to have length to knock speed rushers off their path.

Free agent Lineman this year are the best they could get and look at what happened?

Do you not see a trend here?

Zach Fulton-325 lbs
Eric Kush-313 lbs (and rocked up)
LDT-321 lbs with good upper body strength (he lost 20+ lbs bc he had to study)

And they want Fisher to go from 300 to 320 next year.

Big OL with the strength to be maulers in the running game.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Free agent Lineman this year are the best they could get and look at what happened?

Do you not see a trend here?

Zach Fulton-325 lbs
Eric Kush-313 lbs (and rocked up)
LDT-321 lbs with good upper body strength (he lost 20+ lbs bc he had to study)

And they want Fisher to go from 300 to 320 next year.

Big OL with the strength to be maulers in the running game.

Fisher is never going to be a mauler. They know that. He was drafted for his foot speed. Adding weight isn't going to turn him into a mauler.

Hudson is not a mauler. Reid made the conscious decision not to start Kush over him. And Hudson thrived, which tells you that non-maulers will do fine in the offense. Reid also expressed interest in Stephenson playing Guard in the past.

Reid does prefer bigger guys. But I wouldn't let that pigeonhole what they're trying to do. I would bet if Allen stayed healthy and Stephenson didn't crap out, he would have been part of Reid's plans even going into next year. That means 4 of 5 of your linemen are still more finesse guys.

RunKC
12-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Fisher is never going to be a mauler. They know that. He was drafted for his foot speed. Adding weight isn't going to turn him into a mauler.

Hudson is not a mauler. Reid made the conscious decision not to start Kush over him. And Hudson thrived, which tells you that non-maulers will do fine in the offense. Reid also expressed interest in Stephenson playing Guard in the past.

Reid does prefer bigger guys. But I wouldn't let that pigeonhole what they're trying to do. I would bet if Allen stayed healthy and Stephenson didn't crap out, he would have been part of Reid's plans even going into next year. That means 4 of 5 of your linemen are still more finesse guys.

True, and I think strength in general is the goal. Idk what Jeff Allen's strength or weight was in training camp last august but he went to get stronger.

Stephenson is done here IMO. Just keep Harris as depth and tell him to hit the gym. He would be a nice backup swing tackle IMO.

BigCatDaddy
12-30-2014, 01:24 PM

Fisher was a 220lb college Freshman. He's had to fight to get his weight up to where it's at and a huge reason he has struggles. Most lineman are just naturally bigger and stronger guys and that's part of the reason Fisher struggles so much IMO.

OnTheWarpath15
12-30-2014, 01:38 PM
SNR's thread is a much different tone then what Reid said last night on the Chiefs Kingdom show. Basically he said that champions aren't built in free agency.

They aren't built through the draft either, when you draft like they have and spend multiple early picks on trades.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Fisher was a 220lb college Freshman. He's had to fight to get his weight up to where it's at and a huge reason he has struggles. Most lineman are just naturally bigger and stronger guys and that's part of the reason Fisher struggles so much IMO.

The better question is if he has the frame to build bulk, and most believe he does. It wasn't a struggle for him to gain weight. He had to gain weight, did, and had no trouble maintaining it.

No, he's not going to become a natural mauler. But the conditioning program he'll go through with KC is miles better than what he got at Central Michigan. And this is the first offseason where he can actually do it. If he continues with this program throughout his career, any strength gains he gets this offseason should be maintained throughout his career.

keg in kc
12-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Reid's right. Champions haven't generally been built in free agency since the early 90s.

Unfortunately the early 90s is also about the last time the Chiefs drafted worth a damn.

And it's not about completely avoiding free agency. It's about building a core of draft picks and then supplementing the remaining spots with outside guys.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Reid's right. Champions haven't generally been built in free agency since the early 90s.

Unfortunately the early 90s is also about the last time the Chiefs drafted worth a damn.

And it's not about completely avoiding free agency. It's about building a core of draft picks and then supplementing the remaining spots with outside guys.

What Dorsey has done is interesting. Not bad with the bigger free agent picks. But has been excellent in the middle rounds of the draft and with the scrap pile. And these guys haven't just been role players either. These guys have been legit contributors. So a lot of this team has improved via free agency... just not the traditional way.

If only he can put the same talent eval on the marquee guys as he does the scrap picks.

BigCatDaddy
12-30-2014, 01:50 PM
The better question is if he has the frame to build bulk, and most believe he does. It wasn't a struggle for him to gain weight. He had to gain weight, did, and had no trouble maintaining it.

No, he's not going to become a natural mauler. But the conditioning program he'll go through with KC is miles better than what he got at Central Michigan. And this is the first offseason where he can actually do it. If he continues with this program throughout his career, any strength gains he gets this offseason should be maintained throughout his career.

No, you're wrong. Naturally big men are just naturally stronger than naturally smaller guys forced to bulk up even with a good frame. I do this shit for a living and see it all the time.

keg in kc
12-30-2014, 01:51 PM
He's actually done really well with the guys that fill out the roster. What we're missing (so far) is draft pick home runs and a truly elite quarterback (which I don't credit against him, that's Reid and Clark's guy, he had no choice there).

Next April will hopefully be more interesting than the last two drafts, now that they have some ammo pick-wise.

notorious
12-30-2014, 02:06 PM
If they want Fisher to put on weight, have him eat out at the buffet with Reid during the offseason.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2014, 02:09 PM
No, you're wrong. Naturally big men are just naturally stronger than naturally smaller guys forced to bulk up even with a good frame. I do this shit for a living and see it all the time.
Like I said, he won't be a mauler. But he can add bulk and it will make him stronger. At this point, I don't care if that makes him stronger than other left tackles. I care if it makes him stronger than he is today. And for that strength to improve the player he is today.

RunKC
12-30-2014, 02:28 PM
OL that are stronger and don't look like huge projects in the weight room:

Brandon Scherff
La'El Collins
Ereck Flowers
Spencer Drango (34 reps on the bench press)
Ronnie Stanley
Daryl Williams
Tyrus Thompson
Josue Matias
Laken Tomlinson
Jarvis Harrison
John Miller
Tre Jackson
Christian Lombard
TJ Clemmings
AJ Can

OL that are like Fisher and need to get stronger and develop aka we should stay away from these players in the draft:

Andrus Peat
Jake Fisher
Cedric Ogbuehi
Ty Sambrailo
Sean Hickey

Sandy Vagina
12-30-2014, 02:30 PM

Brandon Scherff
La'El Collins
Ereck Flowers
Ronnie Stanley
Daryl Williams
Tyrus Thompson
Josue Matias
Laken Tomlinson
Jarvis Harrison
John Miller
Tre Jackson
Christian Lombard
TJ Clemmings
AJ CanN

OL that are like Fisher and need to get stronger and develop aka we should stay away from these players in the draft:

Andrus Peat
Jake Fisher
Cedric Ogbuehi
Ty Sambrailo
Sean Hickey

Nice list... looks right. :thumb:

Nightfyre
12-30-2014, 02:41 PM
This year will be the draft that defines the first era of Dorsey's tenure. He will have probably 10-11 draft picks (enough to turn over 20% of the roster.)

O.city
12-30-2014, 03:06 PM
This year will be the draft that defines the first era of Dorsey's tenure. He will have probably 10-11 draft picks (enough to turn over 20% of the roster.)

They need to trade some of those picks. 11 guys aren't making the roster

John Dope
12-30-2014, 03:11 PM

Yep

Easy 6
12-30-2014, 03:21 PM
He's actually done really well with the guys that fill out the roster. What we're missing (so far) is draft pick home runs and a truly elite quarterback (which I don't credit against him, that's Reid and Clark's guy, he had no choice there).

Next April will hopefully be more interesting than the last two drafts, now that they have some ammo pick-wise.

He can definitely do better, but he's hit a few dingers in each draft IMO...

Kelce - took a while to see it, but its definitely there.
Knile - could easily end up being Jamaals replacement.
Thomas - the kids a flat out gamer, its like watching JC when he was brand new.
Ford - not a lock at this point, hasnt had many chances... but when he gets them it usually looks like dynamite.

RunKC
12-30-2014, 03:37 PM
He can definitely do better, but he's hit a few dingers in each draft IMO...

Kelce - took a while to see it, but its definitely there.
Knile - could easily end up being Jamaals replacement.
Thomas - the kids a flat out gamer, its like watching JC when he was brand new.
Ford - not a lock at this point, hasnt had many chances... but when he gets them it usually looks like dynamite.

Add Gaines. Looked like the best corner in this draft and played really well vs good QB's.

John Dope
12-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Add Gaines. Looked like the best corner in this draft and played really well vs good QB's.

Yep, Dorsey's best pick so far imo.:thumb:

Easy 6
12-30-2014, 03:43 PM

100% agreement, atleast so far.

Give him a year to get strong and learn the game = profit.

keg in kc
12-30-2014, 03:46 PM
I agree, that's why I put in the (so far). I'm one of the people who likes to give draftee's three years to settle into the league. Even Fisher could still work out.

Tribal Warfare
12-30-2014, 03:49 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eTPb4QAfHCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2014, 03:56 PM
I like the Murray pick for where he was slotted. Fulton isn't a terrible pick for where he was drafted. Next year, we see what we truly have catapano.

Nightfyre
12-30-2014, 04:11 PM

I anticipate the Chiefs will turnover at least 25% of their roster this year. Maybe not all 11 picks would make the roster, but I would think they have plenty of room for rookies.

Sandy Vagina
12-30-2014, 04:13 PM
^ yeah, lots of bleh UFAs are set to hit the streets. Might need most of those 11 picks after all.

oldman
12-30-2014, 04:30 PM
I think we're really a top-flight guard and a tackle away (if we retain Hudson) from a pretty good line. I'm not too sure we don't have a pretty serviceable guard in Doc already on the roster. Fisher either needs to step up his game or move to RT.

Easy 6
12-30-2014, 04:32 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eTPb4QAfHCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZeoBXS53SJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2014, 04:37 PM
^ yeah, lots of bleh UFAs are set to hit the streets. Might need most of those 11 picks after all.

The Chiefs will add back DJ, Devito & Avery (maybe), Harris, Allen, Catapano, Gray, Jenkins. Hopefully Berry and Commings as well. How many bleh UFAs need to be bumped off after those guys come back?

penbrook
12-30-2014, 04:39 PM

I would give up a 5th for Josh Gordon

Sandy Vagina
12-30-2014, 04:41 PM
The Chiefs will add back DJ, Devito & Avery (maybe), Harris, Allen, Catapano, Gray, Jenkins. Hopefully Berry and Commings as well. How many bleh UFAs need to be bumped off after those guys come back?

bit early to be arguing this as if it matters..

there are a lot of scrubs with no contracts.. of course, a few will be retained.. many more gone. Even some with contracts.. likely gone.

So break it down thoroughly if you want. Argue it passionately.. if that pleases you.

Nightfyre
12-30-2014, 04:43 PM
DJ, DeVito, Avery, Bowe, Daniel, Fasano, and Hali are all restructure or cut targets. Berry is likely a NFI candidate.
We have 14 UFAs and will cut Stephenson. Those are 23 possible places for roster movement out of 52 roster slots. Plus you could see some JAGs run off as well.

Easy 6
12-30-2014, 05:10 PM
DJ, DeVito, Avery, Bowe, Daniel, Fasano, and Hali are all restructure or cut targets. Berry is likely a NFI candidate.
We have 14 UFAs and will cut Stephenson. Those are 23 possible places for roster movement out of 52 roster slots. Plus you could see some JAGs run off as well.

All true, the potential for big change is massive... if any of us thought last offseason was big, its nothing compared to what this year might bring.

Its been atleast 15 years since an offseason mattered this much.... but its all going to be for naught if they dont put some kind of Manchurian Candidate brainwashing on Smith.

"That guy running wide open down the sideline, he's the evil dictator bent on destroying our new 1000 year reich... HIT HIM with the bullet and save your nation".

Nightfyre
12-30-2014, 05:30 PM
This offseason and next offseason will really define what Dorsey is trying to do with the roster. By the end of next year, we should have a really strong understanding of exactly how he saw this team coming together. That said, I should hope that by the end of next offseason, Alex Smith is no longer the centerpiece of the masterplan. Maybe he remains the 2016 starting QB, but at least he is no longer the plan. If I had my way, we would be parting ways with him sooner, but the contract is pretty painful to get out of.

BigCatDaddy
12-30-2014, 06:31 PM

Brandon Scherff
La'El Collins
Ereck Flowers
Ronnie Stanley
Daryl Williams
Tyrus Thompson
Josue Matias
Laken Tomlinson
Jarvis Harrison
John Miller
Tre Jackson
Christian Lombard
TJ Clemmings
AJ Can

Andrus Peat
Jake Fisher
Cedric Ogbuehi
Ty Sambrailo
Sean Hickey
acting like a college football player needs hitting weight room is just silly

Saccopoo
12-30-2014, 06:56 PM
I would give up a 5th for Josh Gordon

http://www.straight.com/files/styles/popup/public/shutterstock_58043302.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
12-30-2014, 06:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Chiefs have signed former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Packers?src=hash">#Packers</a> draft picks Derek Sherrod and Jerel Worthy. GM John Dorsey was in GB when they were picked.</p>&mdash; Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) <a href="https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/550077456791896064">December 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OnTheWarpath15
12-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Sherrod was a former R1 pick, so according to some of you - problem solved.

Easy 6
12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Sherrod was a former R1 pick, so according to some of you - problem solved.

Gonna chalk these up to his usual scrap metal dealings... not ONE ounce of this activity changes the need for atleast a solid free agent guard and receiver.

Followed by a strong push in the draft at both ends.

Minimum 3rd round guard or tackle followed by another 4th or 5th at either RT or G... going forward with Fulton and Harris/Stephenson/Whoever unchallenged just isnt going to work at all.

Doc Tardiff? if you wanna be an American Hero... better step the hell up or get sent back to the ER.