PDA

View Full Version : Football NCAA Football playoffs. Who you like?

BIG_DADDY
12-31-2014, 12:05 PM
I would ask who you think will win but that is kind of pointless. Will you be watching?

Buehler445
12-31-2014, 12:09 PM
I freaking hate bama but they're going to win.

Pulling for Oregon.

Pablo
12-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Hoping for a Fla. St/Ohio St. match-up.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-31-2014, 12:12 PM

Pulling for Oregon.

Heh. I freaking hate Oregon and they're going to lose. FSU is going to shock the world.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Hoping for a Fla. St/Ohio St. match-up.

Same here!

Reerun_KC
12-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Pulling for Oregon to win it all

Mr. Flopnuts
12-31-2014, 12:15 PM
Fuck you Oregon fags...

I'm saying that in the most Christian way possible. :)

BIG_DADDY
12-31-2014, 12:15 PM
Heh. I freaking hate Oregon and they're going to lose. FSU is going to shock the world.

You should bet the ranch then because that is a huge payout straight up.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-31-2014, 12:16 PM
You should bet the ranch then because that is a huge payout straight up.

Yeah, that's my heart talking not my head. Oregon has a real good chance...Better than I'd ever be comfortable with as a Husky guy..

Buehler445
12-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Fuck you Oregon pillowbiters...

I'm saying that in the most Christian way possible. :)

Im no homer. Just the one I hate the least.

BIG_DADDY
12-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah, that's my heart talking not my head. Oregon has a real good chance...Better than I'd ever be comfortable with as a Husky guy..

FSU is like the Raiders of college football, no?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-31-2014, 12:25 PM
FSU is like the Raiders of college football, no?

No. Oregon is for me. As a UW guy, Oregon has completely owned us for over a decade, they are our bitter rivals, and their success is directly tied to them pushing for Washingtons sanctions when we owned the land. Meanwhile, they get away with everything without so much as a slap on the wrist. Check that. Oregon is Denver in college football too me. Minus the trophies of course. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
12-31-2014, 12:25 PM
Im no homer. Just the one I hate the least.

Totally playing brother.

Eleazar
12-31-2014, 12:27 PM
I am going to take Oregon over FSU, and Bama to win it all.

Titty Meat
12-31-2014, 12:35 PM
Don't have cable so don't care. College football was ruined when they moved the title game to ESPN.

DeepSouth
12-31-2014, 12:43 PM
I think it only fitting that the best collage football conference win the first national title with a playoff system.

ROLL TIDE !!!

2nd choice, go Ducks !!!

Reerun_KC
12-31-2014, 12:44 PM
Don't have cable so don't care. College football was ruined when they moved the title game to ESPN.
ROFL.

Crying Ramtard
12-31-2014, 01:16 PM
both games are -9
are they trying to screw you on one ?

I think everyone is more interested in Nike VS old school

Ohio doesn't even belong with a 3rd string QB and the world knows Jameis is paid to play college ball and he has never walked into a classroom

Hamwallet
12-31-2014, 01:45 PM
I don't care who wins to be honest. I am just pumped we finally have a playoff in place. All 3 games should be fantastic football to watch. Once my MU Tigers get a good QB I am hoping they still have there D in place and get to join the fun.

GloucesterChief
12-31-2014, 01:50 PM
TCU it looks like right now.

El Jefe
12-31-2014, 01:57 PM
both games are -9
are they trying to screw you on one ?

I think everyone is more interested in Nike VS old school

Ohio doesn't even belong with a 3rd string QB and the world knows Jameis is paid to play college ball and he has never walked into a classroom

I think TCU and Baylor had a great argument to get in our spot. Us with Cardale is a toss up, who knows who will show up, this is only he 2nd game Buckeye fans will have seen him take any snaps that actually mean something.

Molitoth
12-31-2014, 02:12 PM
Always liked Oregon, and will be rooting for them.

El Jefe
12-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Always liked Oregon, and will be rooting for them.

You know what would have been a fun game, Oregon VS TCU.

lcarus
12-31-2014, 02:21 PM

Pulling for Oregon.

Same. Hope oregon wins but i see Bama winning

Willie Lanier
12-31-2014, 02:25 PM
I'd put my money on bama

TribalElder
12-31-2014, 05:10 PM
I bet Ohio state is going to be tuff

chiefzilla1501
12-31-2014, 05:22 PM
Ohio State would have been interesting with Barrett. Jones might be interesting only because Bama has no idea what to expect, but he's not nearly as good as Braxton or Barrett. Threw a bunch of jumpballs and won't get away with that against Bama.

Unfortunately, it's going to be Bama and Oregon again, I think.

chiefzilla1501
12-31-2014, 05:25 PM
I bet Ohio state is going to be tuff

OSU's defense has improved, but Fickell is a shitty DC. Have a beastly defensive line but a pretty suspect back 7. Can run the ball very well and have really good receivers. Think they'll avoid getting blown out, but they only win if Cardale plays a different game than last game (regardless of what the stat sheet says about his performance).

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2014, 05:27 PM
Ohio State would have been interesting with Barrett. Jones might be interesting only because Bama has no idea what to expect, but he's not nearly as good as Braxton or Barrett. Threw a bunch of jumpballs and won't get away with that against Bama.

Unfortunately, it's going to be Bama and Oregon again, I think.

Braxton is not near the passer Barret or Jones is.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Can't believe for the first time in the history of college football. We are going to have a real national champion. Not some bcs bullshit or some asshat crowned by voters. A legit real deal national championship.

Can't believe it.

chiefzilla1501
12-31-2014, 05:34 PM
Braxton is not near the passer Barret or Jones is.

No, but he's an elite runner. I'm not a fan of the guy because he can't read defenses to save his life, but he always gives you a shot because of his athleticism.

Of the 3, Barrett has the most potential (in my opinion). Think he has NFL potential once he lets the game slow down for him. Braxton will never be an NFL QB. Cardale... who knows what they have. But the scouting report is that he's a big runner (not fast, big), huge arm, but inaccurate and I think you have to question his intelligence. Thought he got away with a lot of jumpballs against Wisconsin. To beat Alabama, he has to play a totally different game.

TribalElder
12-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Can't believe for the first time in the history of college football. We are going to have a real national champion. Not some bcs bullshit or some asshat crowned by voters. A legit real deal national championship.

Can't believe it.

They need to go to the div 2 format

They roll a shitload of teams into the playoffs

It's a great start but they need to go to 6 or 8 teams at least

chiefzilla1501
12-31-2014, 05:55 PM
They need to go to the div 2 format

They roll a shitload of teams into the playoffs

It's a great start but they need to go to 6 or 8 teams at least

I wish. Should have a rep from every major conference and allow a slot for small conferences.

The one immediate fix that doesn't affect this year, but will one day.... Need to get rid of the BS rule that non-conference winners can make the playoffs (this isn't a criticism of TCU/Baylor... It pisses me off that every year, a non-SEC conference winner is in the playoff conversation).

lcarus
12-31-2014, 05:59 PM

Can't believe it.

Agreed. It's really great and so past due.

Crying Ramtard
12-31-2014, 06:33 PM

Can't believe it.

LOL what the hell are you talking about ? it was a committee that decided these 4 teams were playing. There is no playoff yet. Its 4 debatable number 1s that is someone else's opinion.

Hammock Parties
12-31-2014, 06:34 PM
Oregon. Mariota is unstoppable. And he will be in Oakland.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Bama 31 Oregon 14.

KC native
12-31-2014, 06:49 PM
Bama is going to curb stomp Ohio State.

Oregon is going to curb stomp the Criminoles.

Bama beats Oregon 35-28.

Baby Lee
12-31-2014, 07:06 PM
Since this appears to be the nearest to a general college FB thread, how 'bout the end of that Boise St. Arizona game?

TribalElder
12-31-2014, 07:10 PM
The bluegrassers whooped Arizona

keg in kc
12-31-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm sick of Alabama and Oregon but want to see Florida state and Ohio state utterly destroyed.

PunkinDrublic
12-31-2014, 08:09 PM
It pisses me off that Ohio State got into the playoffs. They always weasel their way into a BCS game because they feast all season on a weak ass big ten conference. Granted destroying Wisconsin with a backup QB was impressive but IMO they are not a top 5 team. Alabama will destroy those overrated frauds.

12-31-2014, 08:13 PM
TCU

errrr wait

chiefzilla1501
12-31-2014, 08:14 PM
It pisses me off that Ohio State got into the playoffs. They always weasel their way into a BCS game because they feast all season on a weak ass big ten conference. Granted destroying Wisconsin with a backup QB was impressive but IMO they are not a top 5 team. Alabama will destroy those overrated frauds.
How did they weasel their way in? Baylor or tcu would have made it if their conference had an actual conference championship game. I don't think they have a shot, but they're deserving. They lost one game really early in the season on a freshman qb's first start. They then went perfect in conference play.

12-31-2014, 08:25 PM
They need to just go to four super conferences and get it over with.

PunkinDrublic
12-31-2014, 08:35 PM
How did they weasel their way in? Baylor or tcu would have made it if their conference had an actual conference championship game. I don't think they have a shot, but they're deserving. They lost one game really early in the season on a freshman qb's first start. They then went perfect in conference play.

TCU and Baylor are both better than Ohio State. I don't give a shit about the conference championship game, Ohio State always skates their way into a top bowl game because they are the best team in an extremely weak conference.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2014, 09:37 PM
Nickleback!

Why Not?
12-31-2014, 11:51 PM
The bluegrassers whooped Arizona

Eh, maybe not whooped. U of A was a QB with a brain in his head away from having two shots at score that would have left them a 2pt conversion away from the tie. Defense pitched a shutout in the 2nd half. Can't give up 31 in the first though.

ILChief
01-01-2015, 08:39 AM

He is going to Tampa or Tennessee. I thought Oakland had their savior HOF QB in Carr

TEX
01-01-2015, 08:50 AM
TCU would likely beat all of them. But out of the 4, I think Florida State repeats, but Im pulling for Oregon.

One thing about the Ducks though is it seems that when other teams have the month long bowl period to prepare for them defensively, their offense scores well below their season average.

B_Ambuehl
01-01-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm stictly an SEC guy & hadn't watched TCU play all year til last night, but damned if they wouldn't stomp the shit outta every team in the SEC, including Bama. Ole Miss is a damn good team and they got completely dominated.

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2015, 12:37 PM
TCU and Baylor are both better than Ohio State. I don't give a shit about the conference championship game, Ohio State always skates their way into a top bowl game because they are the best team in an extremely weak conference.
The big 10 is not terrible, and conference strength isn't exactly the argument to make if you're trying to justify the big 12.

This year, the sec has been so so. The big 12 is awful apart from two teams. Florida state and Georgia Tech are the only 2 good teams in an otherwise awful conference. The big 10 is every bit as competitive as the big 12 and Acc.

BIG_DADDY
01-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Here we go. GO DUCKS!!!!

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2015, 04:19 PM
TCU and Baylor are both better than Ohio State. I don't give a shit about the conference championship game, Ohio State always skates their way into a top bowl game because they are the best team in an extremely weak conference.LOL I guess we're never gonna stop the crying game.

Baylor lost to Michigan state.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm stictly an SEC guy & hadn't watched TCU play all year til last night, but damned if they wouldn't stomp the shit outta every team in the SEC, including Bama. Ole Miss is a damn good team and they got completely dominated.

That was Ole Miss' 4th loss. They weren't that good.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2015, 04:23 PM
They need to just go to four super conferences and get it over with.

Yep

Reerun_KC
01-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Yep
Or 5 , 16 team conferences with an 8 team playoff.

5 conference winners and 3 at large bids.

kccrow
01-01-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm a Buckeyes fan... what you think I want haha

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Every conference should have their conference champion represented. No 2nd place allowed. This year is an improvement but it's nuts that we still let opinion determine tiebreakers.

We should never have to argue about whether tcu or Baylor could have represented. Based on what we saw on paper.

Bearcat
01-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Every conference should have their conference champion represented. No 2nd place allowed. This year is an improvement but it's nuts that we still let opinion determine tiebreakers.

We should never have to argue about whether tcu or Baylor could have represented. Based on what we saw on paper.

No need to turn it into March Madness... I've always liked the idea of 8 teams and that's stretching it some years.

GloucesterChief
01-01-2015, 04:37 PM

The plan I have heard is the 5 power five winners, 2 at large, and 1 from mid majors (MWC, Conf USA, Sun Belt, MAC)

BIG_DADDY
01-01-2015, 07:56 PM
The plan I have heard is the 5 power five winners, 2 at large, and 1 from mid majors (MWC, Conf USA, Sun Belt, MAC)

It's just nice to see the beginning of a playoff in college football. I was so sick of seeing the corrupt supposed experts eliminate the Ducks every year. Now that we have a real system in place it is no shocker to me that the Ducks are in and this isn't even their best team. Injuries to the O line have hurt them this year.

kccrow
01-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Great play by the Ducks today. I'm hoping Ohio State puts the same whooping on Alabama, so sick of hearing about the SEC and Alabama.

BIG_DADDY
01-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Great play by the Ducks today. I'm hoping Ohio State puts the same whooping on Alabama, so sick of hearing about the SEC and Alabama.

Amen

kccrow
01-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Ohio State just fucked themselves... damnit

BIG_DADDY
01-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Ohio State just ****ed themselves... damnit

Somebody needs to take their helmet off and beat Saban with it.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2015, 09:01 PM
That works also.

kccrow
01-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Somebody needs to take their helmet off and beat Saban with it.

I'm cool with that plan.

BIG_DADDY
01-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I'm cool with that plan.

Keep rockin it. If there had been a playoff in place the Bama bloated pigs wouldn't be seen in the same light they are now.

kccrow
01-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Keep rockin it. If there had been a playoff in place the Bama bloated pigs wouldn't be seen in the same light they are now.

Hahaha, I'm giddy. I wanted Bama to lose regardless of who they played. Losing to my favorite team? Priceless.

Good luck in the final bud!

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Hahaha, I'm giddy. I wanted Bama to lose regardless of who they played. Losing to my favorite team? Priceless.

Good luck in the final bud!

Very cool. Finally we will have the first real college football champion. They can't move to an 8 team playoff soon enough. I think that they need to come up with a system where you make it in or you don't. If this has taught us anything it's that the rankings system is totally corrupt. Look at the SEC going down like a 16 year old on prom night.

Eleazar
01-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Is this finally the year Oregon wins the big one? I don't know how anyone could call this one. It's a pick'em for me.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Is this finally the year Oregon wins the big one? I don't know how anyone could call this one. It's a pick'em for me.

It helps when you are not voted off the island every year. This is the first real championship. So sick of hearing people run their mouth about how this kind of football would never win the big. Should be a great game. GO DUCKS!!!!

Eleazar
01-02-2015, 12:01 PM
It helps when you are not voted off the island every year. This is the first real championship. So sick of hearing people run their mouth about how this kind of football would never win the big. Should be a great game. GO DUCKS!!!!

I hope the Ducks win, they are deserving after having such a strong program for so many years.

And nobody likes tOSU anyway.

Pablo
01-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Glad to see this match-up. Should be an exciting game thanks to the NCAA finally pulling it's dick out of it's ass.

I suppose I'll root for OSU; but I'm not going to be upset if Oregon wins it either.

MahiMike
01-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Picked Oregon to win. Didn't attend any FSU parties here because I figured it'd be a downer. The Ohio State win was a shocker. Went to bed at halftime and woke up to see the score. Wow.

Still think Oregon will win by 10.

ct
01-02-2015, 12:14 PM
It took the automatic SEC+state of Florida national champion away from rich old white men in a board room and put it on the field. WIN

Reerun_KC
01-02-2015, 12:30 PM
It took the automatic SEC+state of Florida national champion away from rich old white men in a board room and put it on the field. WIN
Which could spell bad news for the playoffs.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Which could spell bad news for the playoffs.

The associated press shouldn't even have a say in what's in their own breakfast. I would rather have a team in the playoffs with one win all season before I would want them having a say in anything.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2015, 01:42 PM
All in on Ohio State. I hate Oregon, and it will get us an 8 team playoff faster. TCU is going to scream if the buckeyes win.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2015, 01:45 PM
All in on Ohio State. I hate Oregon, and it will get us an 8 team playoff faster. TCU is going to scream if the buckeyes win.

It would be nice to have the championship back on the West coast where it belongs. Ducks by 10

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2015, 01:48 PM
It would be nice to have the championship back on the West coast where it belongs. Ducks by 10

You're probably right. :Lin:

Sincere congrats to you though for last night.

BIG_DADDY
01-02-2015, 01:51 PM
You're probably right. :Lin:

Sincere congrats to you though for last night.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching football last night. Funny listening to the Ducks fans mock the Criminoles fans by doing their chant near the end of the game.

I loved watching Saban boo hooing all over himself as well. Good stuff.

Pablo
01-02-2015, 02:00 PM
I hope the Ducks win, they are deserving after having such a strong program for so many years.

And nobody likes tOSU anyway.Deserve has jack shit to do with it.