PDA

View Full Version : Football Who ya rooting for?

DaFace
01-03-2015, 11:53 AM
The playoffs are upon us. Who are you pulling for with the Chiefs out of it?

Bowser
01-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Not the Broncos. /thread

Reerun_KC
01-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Oregon.

SAUTO
Carolina.

Because it would be fucking hilarious if they won the super bowl.

Bowser
I'll probably hitch my wagon to Green Bay this year. Rodgers is a magician at QB, and Jordy Nelson is a local-ish guy.

Dunerdr
01-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Anyone but the colts and donkeys. I've got a dbag colt fan always chirping about Andrew luck. The mother fucker has arguably the best receiving core in the league exc. maybe Denver. Of course he looks elite. How long has Brady done it with no names? That's fucking elite.

DaFace
01-03-2015, 11:58 AM
I'm going for our fellow playoff win drought teams in the Lions and the Bengals. Even though it would be really sad for us to own the longest playoff drought record on our own, that's our fault - not theirs.

Among the strong contenders, I can't in good conscience root for any of them except the Packers.

brucey_72
01-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Lions, only live about 1 1/2 hours away and they have never won shit

Bowser
01-03-2015, 12:01 PM
I'll cheer on the Lions as well, just because they're taking on Dallas.

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2015, 12:01 PM
I mostly don't care, but I really want Dallas out.

In58men
01-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Colts. Just because a 10 year vet can't be this young man.

rico
01-03-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm going for our fellow playoff win drought teams in the Lions and the Bengals. Even though it would be really sad for us to own the longest playoff drought record on our own, that's our fault - not theirs.

Among the strong contenders, I can't in good conscience root for any of them except the Packers.

Haha, every time I think I'm going to be able to participate in a discussion with a dynamite drop-in, I discover that what I was planning on posting has already been posted...within 5 posts from the OP. :)

rico
01-03-2015, 12:06 PM
BTW, I chose Steelers because my wife is a fan and the Packers because I like Rodgers.

Bewbies
01-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Lions, Cardinals or Seahawks.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Packers.

Demonpenz
01-03-2015, 12:08 PM
red and gold. No other club!

ClevelandBronco
I'd like the Cowboys to win it all. My stepdad and brother-in-law like them and I don't much care anymore one way or the other.

GloucesterChief
Carolina.

Because it would be ****ing hilarious if they won the super bowl.

Bingo.

Since the Chiefs aren't in it, might as well make the playoffs a complete farce.

ILChief
Voted for steelers/Seahawks but really anyone but denver or Cincinnati

rico
01-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Voted for steelers/Seahawks but really anyone but denver or Cincinnati

Yeah...I get the Cincinatti hate. Brandon Phillips is obnoxious.

Eleazar
01-03-2015, 12:11 PM
I don't really care, but I would like to see Brady beat Manning again to prove once again that he is superior.

Gonzo
01-03-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm rooting for the bengals and cardinals but it won't happen since that's not what the script says/Ramtard

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2015, 12:13 PM
I'd like the Cowboys to win it all. My stepdad and brother-in-law like them and I don't much care anymore one way or the other.

I have a friend who is one of the obnoxious Cow it's fans - the ones that still talk about their Super Bowls and how Dallas is America's team and all that bullshit. He's always talking about how awesome Romo is, even after he's pulled a Romo and thrown the game away.

I want nothing but pain and Romo to retire with no more payoff wins.

Kman34
01-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Colts. Just because a 10 year vet can't be this young man.

No self respecting Chiefs fan should ever root for the Colts or Broncos.....

In58men
01-03-2015, 12:19 PM
No self respecting Chiefs fan should ever root for the Colts or Broncos.....

Chiefs staff needs to see that drafting a QB is better then picking out of the bargain bin

Molitoth
01-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Go Lions.

(Rooting for Bengals to make it easier on the Lions).

Bugeater
01-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Whoever is playing Dallas and Denver.

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2015, 12:22 PM
I don't really care, but I would like to see Brady beat Manning again to prove once again that he is superior.

I'd be okay with NE winning, but I'd prefer it if Brady really played like piss throughout the playoffs. All credit to Belichick.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Not the Broncos. /thread

That's really the only thing I want out of all the playoffs is for the forehead to go down BIG in the first game.

The rest I really don't care.

stumppy
01-03-2015, 12:26 PM
The only team I root for is the chiefs.

Easy 6
01-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Go Pack Go

stumppy
01-03-2015, 12:28 PM
That's really the only thing I want out of all the playoffs is for the forehead to go down BIG in the first game.

The rest I really don't care.

BINGO !!!

ThaVirus
01-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Ideally, I'd like to see a Arizona or Bengals SB win, but that's because those franchises have been shit and they don't have anyone on the team/fans I particularly hate.

Dallas fans can suck it, Detroit is home to Suh who is a scumbag, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay, New England have enjoyed too much success in my lifetime, the Colts franchise deserves nothing but destruction, the Broncos are filthy division scum, and Cam Newton is a douche.

Realistically speaking, I'll probably be rooting for Seattle all the way. I don't think it matters who comes out of the AFC, if they're in the SB they're going to repeat. After that, I wouldn't mind seeing GB win another one either. I've been arguing that Rodgers is the best QB for like 3 years now so i need another Lombardi from him to make me look good.

MTG#10
01-03-2015, 01:05 PM
The only team I root for is the chiefs.

This. Once the Chiefs are done I dont care anymore. I probably wont even watch any of the games other than the Broncos so I can hopefully witness their obliteration.

Discuss Thrower
01-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Panthers or Lions.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Not rooting for anyone.

rooting against a few teams:

Denver - pretty obvious
Pittsburgh - steelers lose and then haley gets fired, hit by a truck and burn in a fire fueled by logs dipped in aid's juice
Dallas - is there a more annoying bunch of douchebag fans in the world?

as long as these 3 teams lose, i'm good.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2015, 01:10 PM
My 7-8-1 Carolina Panthers!

alpha_omega
01-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Anyone but the Broncos, Cowboys or Steelers.

kcxiv
01-03-2015, 01:16 PM
as long as denver dont win, i dont care who wins.

TribalElder
01-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Against Denver LMAO

BIG_DADDY
01-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Right now the only thing I care about is the Ducks.

lewdog
01-03-2015, 01:47 PM
I'm rooting for ABBD.

Anybody but Denver.

TLO
01-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Bengals and Cardinals.

Chief Roundup
01-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Some of you all need to learn to read. It said pick one in each conference.

BucEyedPea
01-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Naturally my home town team. I grew up next to Foxboro.

BucEyedPea
01-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Some of you all need to learn to read. It said pick one in each conference.

Oops my bad! I didn't read past the Patriots who were near the top. I am not rooting for any NFC team if a mod wants to fix. I didn't read that far down to get the whole idea.

Rain Man
01-03-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm going Bengals and Cardinals. The Bengals are the only choice in the AFC that doesn't make me vomit, and I don't care that much about the NFC. But I hope the NFC team beats the AFC team no matter who it is.

Oh, and I'm assuming that the people who selected the Colts did so by accident. If not, let me know so I can neg rep you.

milkman
01-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Don't give a rat's ass about the AFC, but if I were forced to choose, it'd be the Bengals.

Rooting for the Seahawks, because they are built in exactly the way I would like to see the Chiefs built.

Valiant
01-03-2015, 05:53 PM
No one from the AFC..

1st choice is the Packers..

2nd choice is the Panthers routing whomever they play.. Then ramtard can conspiracy something else..

TEX
01-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Pulling for the COWBOYS all the way! Be kind of cool if they met the Steelers in the Super Bowl, BUT there's that whole Todd Haley thing so **** THAT! Suppose I'd like them to face the... the, oh just SCREW IT, don't really care who goes in the AFC. Cant stomach seeing any of them there. I have no hate for the Bengals so they can go.

Bugeater
01-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Pulling for the COWBOYS all the way.
Know how I know you're a flaming homo douchebag?

lewdog
01-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Pulling for the COWBOYS all the way.

Dude, you live in Houston. Fuck that noise.

milkman
01-03-2015, 06:13 PM

You hide outside his window and watch?

Baby Lee
01-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Lions, only live about 1 1/2 hours away and they have never won shit

I'll cheer on the Lions as well, just because they're taking on Dallas.

I mostly don't care, but I really want Dallas out.

Agree, agree and agree, but it just ain't happening.

TEX
01-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Dude, you live in Houston. **** that noise.

:shrug: The Boys have always been my favorite NFC team so...

TEX
01-03-2015, 06:17 PM

Well there are 3 others besides me and they're pretty cute so there.

lewdog
01-03-2015, 06:18 PM
:shrug: The Boys have always been my favorite NFC team so...

Have you seen Mr. Altuve in a while? I heard he's a great guy.

mnchiefsguy
01-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Whomever plays the Broncos.

TEX
01-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Have you seen Mr. Altuve in a while? I heard he's a great guy.

Nope. He went back home for the off season, but we're starting "Astros Caravan" in two weeks and he's scheduled to make the San Antonio trip as am I.

lewdog
01-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Nope. He went back home for the off season, but we're starting "Astros Caravan" in two weeks and he's scheduled to make the San Antonio trip as am I.

I'm not sure I understand what that is but do you know anyone in San Antonio? I'm asking for a friend. :D

MahiMike
01-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Bengals need to win one playoff game. I would like to see lions make it to their first super bowl.

TEX
01-03-2015, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure I understand what that is but do you know anyone in San Antonio? I'm asking for a friend. :D

Basically its when Astro players tour Texas and Louisiana and make appearances. Its a PR trip that lasts for about two weeks that's headed up by the Astros Foundation which is my department. They try to get past Astro players and present one's to go. For example, Jose Cruz and Jose Altuve are scheduled to go to San Antono. (It's my job make sure they show up when and where they're supposed to). Craig Biggio, Terry Puhl and Chris Carter are scheduled to visit Austin. (A co-worker in my dept. makes sure they're where they need to be) Nolan Ryan, Jeff Bagwell, and Dallas Kuechel are scheduled to go to Corpus Christi etc. (Another co-worker is responsible for them)

Yes - I know lots of folks in San Antonio. I've lived in Tex all my life so many friends of mine are there.

And to stay on topic - I'd like to see DALLAS CRUSH New England (something like 41-14) in the Super Bowl!

58-4ever
01-03-2015, 06:38 PM
Lions, Packers, no AFC team

lewdog
01-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Basically its when Astro players tour Texas and Louisiana and make appearances. Its a PR trip that lasts for about two weeks. They try to get past Astro players and present one's to go. For example, Jose Cruz and Jose Altuve are scheduled to go to San Antono. Craig Biggio, Terry Puhl and Chris Carter are scheduled to visit Austin. Nolan Ryan, Jeff Bagwell, and Dallas Kuechel are scheduled to go to Corpus Christi etc.

Yes - I know lots of folks in San Antonio. I've lived in Tex all my life so many friends of mine are there.

And to stay on topic - I'd like to see DALLAS CRUSH New England (something like 41-14) in the Super Bowl!

I think you should ask for a trip to Phoenix.

Also, any friends willing to receive a shipment of Official Major League baseballs from a man in Phoenix and have them signed? I know I'm new to this friends circle but I promise I'm pretty cool on the internet and also in real life. All my friends tell me so.

And to stay on topic. Denver lost to Seattle once in a Super Bowl. Therefore I like Seattle.

Pepe Silvia
01-03-2015, 06:49 PM
If the Packers were to get knocked out hopefully the Steelers are still alive to root for. They're the one AFC team in the playoffs that I don't completely hate.

TEX
01-03-2015, 06:54 PM
I think you should ask for a trip to Phoenix.

Also, any friends willing to receive a shipment of Official Major League baseballs from a man in Phoenix and have them signed? I know I'm new to this friends circle but I promise I'm pretty cool on the internet and also in real life. All my friends tell me so.

And to stay on topic. Denver lost to Seattle once in a Super Bowl. Therefore I like Seattle.

:clap: ROFL Love the reasoning for Seattle! Can I borrow it?

Dallas beat Denver in the Super Bowl once (So did MANY teams) ;therefore, I'm for DALLAS!

I have the friends - BUT getting Altuve to sign them is the issuel. It's all monitored now cuz of his contract. I have a much better shot at getting them signed myself over the coarse of a couple of weeks... When he does a signing, we usually just put extra shit in front of him. It all gets MLB authenticated with a hologram, and depending on the item, is JSA or PSA certified.

Just PM me or email me at work (I'll give you the email addy) and I'll figure out the best way to do it. Can't promise right now because I don't know signing schedules, but I promise I won't take it on unless I'm very confident I can swing it.

lewdog
01-03-2015, 07:00 PM
:clap: ROFL Love the reasoning for Seattle! Can I borrow it?

Dallas beat Denver in the Super Bowl once (So did MANY teams) ;therefore, I'm for DALLAS!

I have the friends - BUT getting Altuve to sign them is the issuel. It's all monitored now cuz of his contract. I have a much better shot at getting them signed myself over the coarse of a couple of weeks... When he does a signing, we usually just put extra shit in front of him. It all gets MLB authenticated with a hologram, and depending on the item, is JSA or PSA certified.

That's perfect reasoning and how I chose most teams in the playoffs because the Chiefs are never winning. You are now ok in my book.

Interesting about the contract monitoring autos? I realize some guys are limited secondary to companies they sign with like Player-Direct Autographing. Not supposed to sign unless under that companies monitoring, although many of them still do if caught at the right time. I assume you mean that type of contract not the team contract?

Coochie liquor
01-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Cowboys, good friend of mine is a Dallas fan so, goin with the boys. Doesn't hurt that their o line can dominate a game either!

Otter
01-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Pretty much anyone but the donx. Ravens have one of the coolest stadiums I've ever been to so they kind of become my 2nd team.

BucEyedPea
01-03-2015, 08:24 PM
If Pats get knocked out, I have a soft spot for the Bengals as I've lots on online Bengals friends and they are dying to win.

01-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Lions and Bengals. Only because I need some hope that teams that never win the big one still can. Nice dream right?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-03-2015, 08:41 PM
So all these teams, besides the donkeys, drafted their starting QB.

Go figure....

#Bray

milkman
01-03-2015, 09:12 PM
So all these teams, besides the donkeys, drafted their starting QB.

Go figure....

#Bray

So you're now on the Murray bandwagon, since Bray wasn't drafted, right dipshit?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-03-2015, 09:43 PM
So you're now on the Murray bandwagon, since Bray wasn't drafted, right dipshit?

Tony Romo has my ass covered on that one...

Dumbass.

milkman
01-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Tony Romo has my ass covered on that one...

Dumbass.

So your original claim is wrong.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-03-2015, 09:54 PM
So your original claim is wrong.

Again, Tony Romo has me covered for UFAs.

Blanket Statement.

Jim Lahey
01-03-2015, 10:56 PM
I'd love to see a Packers/Patriots superbowl.

Always rooted for the Packers in the playoffs because they're a small market team & Rodgers is amazing.

Patriots just because I've always liked Brady.

As long as the Cowboys or scumbag Denver doesnt win I'll be content.

milkman
01-04-2015, 08:13 AM
Again, Tony Romo has me covered for UFAs.

Blanket Statement.

Only in your dumbass mind.

You said every QB in these playoffs was drafted by the teams they play for, except the Broncos.

Was Romo drafted by the Boys, dipshit?

mlyonsd
01-04-2015, 08:23 AM
I'm rooting for anyone playing against 5 head and the packers to win it all.

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure I'm rooting for anybody this year. I guess Green Bay is the most innocuous. My dad roots for the lions and I like Stafford/Megatron but they're a bunch of thugs on defense. I don't like the Panthers at all and enough Seahawks already. Oh yeah, Dallas. No thanks. AS for afc obviously hate the donkeys, can't stand the ravens or the bengals. I'd probably be okay with the Colts if they hadn't knocked us out 300 times. Tired of new England but I guess I'd be okay if they got through.

So I suppose any combination of Indy/NE and Det/GB would work for me, with the Packers being closest to a rooting interest.

Nickel D
01-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Colts: Just so Mr. Humongous Forehead gets even more s#!& rubbed in his face (particularly in the region also known as the great expanse of exposed skin immediately above his eyebrows).

Packers: Based on their superior level of talent.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Bengals and Lions.

One of my old students has worked for the Bengals for a few years now. I want them to continue to do well so Lewis keeps his job, because I don't want him to potentially get caught up in personnel changes from a new regime.

Detroit because I've always had a soft spot for them and used to live around the area.

GoChargers
01-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Ravens, Packers, Seahawks

WakkaWakka
01-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Obvious. But, if the Packers dont win on Sunday, I will be rooting for the Cowboys the rest of the way. My dad is a lifelong Cowboys fan, so I told him if they knock us out, I'll start rooting for them the rest of the playoffs. He didnt say that he expected much but he said "one of us will not be happy come late Sunday afternoon."

Chief Roundup
01-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Can the Carolina Panthers go on the road and beat the Seattle Seahawks?

WakkaWakka
01-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Can the Carolina Panthers go on the road and beat the Seattle Seahawks?

I want to say no, but i just get this feeling like it could happen.

ThaVirus
01-05-2015, 05:31 PM
The last two times they've played have been low-scoring, one possession games, IIRC.

Chief Roundup
01-05-2015, 05:43 PM
I want to say no, but i just get this feeling like it could happen.

I am hoping so. The winner of this game will be who I will be rooting for the rest of the way.

Not to mention that it would probably shut up those calling for the division title to be made unimportant. They have won a playoff game already which is more than others with winning records can say.

PunkinDrublic
01-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Green Bay and the Pats. I've always liked Tom Brady. Obviously you want Denver, Indy and Dallas to suffer horrible losses. I want no part of Seattle winning anything. Like Seattle as a team, hate that annoying bandwagon fanbase. Sick of hearing announcers fellate Seattle fans. Seahawks fans get so defensive when I point out what bandwagon shitbags they are.

EPodolak
01-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Colts v. Packers would not nauseate me. Anyway, let's all be Packer fans next weekend at least.