PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Trade?

Couch-Potato
01-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Do you guys feel that any of the below players would draw trade interest? If so, what do you think we could get for them?

Bowe

Hali

Daniels

Bugeater
01-03-2015, 12:27 PM
What the hell? n00bs can start threads now?

ClevelandBronco
01-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Do you guys feel that any of the below players would draw trade interest? If so, what do you think we could get for them?

Bowe

Hali

Daniels

Trade Bowe for Hali. Hali could probably catch one fucking touchdown.

ILChief
01-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Daniel may bring a 5th round pick. No one is touching bowe with that salary. Hali I doubt we trade

Titty Meat
01-03-2015, 12:42 PM
There's no Daniels on the roster you fucking dipshit. Travis Daniels hasn't played in a few years.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Bowe and Hali do not because of their age and contracts,IMO

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Trade Bowe for Hali. Hali could probably catch one fucking touchdown.

Are you new here?

In58men
01-03-2015, 12:54 PM

Bowe

Hali

Daniels

FOR ****S SAKE IT'S DANIEL YOU ****ING MORON

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2015, 12:58 PM
FOR ****S SAKE IT'S DANIEL YOU ****ING MORON

You seem nice.

jimidollar
01-03-2015, 01:06 PM
You seem nice.

Is this a joke I missed out on?

alpha_omega
01-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Who is this Daniels you speak of?

bevischief
01-03-2015, 01:07 PM

This.

Prison Bitch
They have no trade value since they can be picked up for free when they're released.

thabear04

TE Owen Daniels maybe but he not on the Chiefs.

Hootie
01-03-2015, 01:11 PM
let's see

if we package them all together

we MAY be able to cut them and have 2 of the 3 not be mad at us

Couch-Potato
01-03-2015, 01:12 PM

I had an account for awhile but had some issue with it so requested my new account be allowed to post.

Couch-Potato
01-03-2015, 01:14 PM
They have no trade value since they can be picked up for free when they're released.

This is what I assumed but was wondering what others thought.

Couch-Potato
01-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Daniel vs Daniels ...meh, either way he's likely gone next year.

Hootie
01-03-2015, 01:24 PM
I see now reason why Chase Daniel should be cut. We are built to contend in 2015 and as we've seen, twice now, Chase Daniel is a poor man's Alex Smith who could keep us in the thick of things if Alex got hurt.

Blah blah blah, I know I know, Alex sucks, tl;dr

jonzie04
01-03-2015, 01:26 PM

alex smith was going to be released regardless and he was worth 2 2nds.

O.city
01-03-2015, 01:29 PM
I see now reason why Chase Daniel should be cut. We are built to contend in 2015 and as we've seen, twice now, Chase Daniel is a poor man's Alex Smith who could keep us in the thick of things if Alex got hurt.

Only reason I'd do it would be for money to be used to improve someone who'll play a more prominent role.

If daniel's money could be used for Cecil Shorts for example, it would be something to explore as it would improve the offense and make it easier for a cheaper less experienced qb if one had to play

Couch-Potato
01-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Good point! Could it be that the league is so QB starved that someone would be willing to trade a mid round pick for Chase Daniel? Maybe a 4th round pick?

Hootie
01-03-2015, 01:48 PM
the 49ers weren't going to release Alex Smith

give me a break

this board is so naive

philfree
01-03-2015, 02:04 PM
No team is going to trade for those guys and their contracts.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-03-2015, 02:13 PM
This is what I assumed but was wondering what others thought.

You're 12 right ?

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2015, 02:26 PM
alex smith was going to be released regardless
You're on crack.

Gonzo
01-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Are you guys sure? I'm pretty certain it's Daniels.

Easy 6
01-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Are you guys sure? I'm pretty certain it's Daniels.

Two S's... its an old German spelling.

TLO
01-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Kniles Davis and Chase Daniels are too valuable to trade away.

MahiMike
01-03-2015, 02:47 PM

Daniels man. You know. He hands off to kniles.

cabletech94
01-03-2015, 03:00 PM
I prefer Jack Daniels.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2015, 03:04 PM
It's Daniel-San.

ChiefRocka
01-03-2015, 03:23 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/358/6/c/6cf54da21e80f435d0cff8d8e677954d-d6z8avv.jpg

J Diddy
01-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Good point! Could it be that the league is so QB starved that someone would be willing to trade a mid round pick for Chase Daniel? Maybe a 4th round pick?

Yet Tebow sits, waiting patiently for another chance to worm burn a screen pass right after nailing the nut hair off an ant from 70 yards out.

BossChief
01-03-2015, 04:02 PM

Because for 4.8 million in cap space we can get someone that will play a position of need at a high level.

Miles
01-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Yet Tebow sits, waiting patiently for another chance to worm burn a screen pass right after nailing the nut hair off an ant from 70 yards out.

I still get pulled into the occasional conversation that Tebow didn't get a fair chance because of speaking up on his religion. Not because he was fucking terrible.

Chief Roundup
01-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Because for 4.8 million in cap space we can get someone that will play a position of need at a high level.

It would actually save $3.8M. The other Million is from his prorated bonus, so we will have to eat that as dead cap money.

Out of Alex Smiths 10 NFL seasons he has completed 3 without going down with injury. He requires a better prepared back up QB than others.
I am torn on cutting Daniel. I want to get rid of him and his contract. I just have this feeling that the next injury will not come at a time that is insignificant, Chiefs luck we lose a few games in the middle of the season that keeps the best looking Dorsey/Reids era Chiefs out of the playoffs. Therefore I would rather Daniel be one of the last cuts, no savings post june, so that if we don't have to get rid of him don't, simply because of Smith and his injury history.

rabblerouser
01-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Is this a joke I missed out on?

You missed nothing.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-03-2015, 05:23 PM
It would actually save $3.8M. The other Million is from his prorated bonus, so we will have to eat that as dead cap money.

Out of Alex Smiths 10 NFL seasons he has completed 3 without going down with injury. He requires a better prepared back up QB than others.
I am torn on cutting Daniel. I want to get rid of him and his contract. I just have this feeling that the next injury will not come at a time that is insignificant, Chiefs luck we lose a few games in the middle of the season that keeps the best looking Dorsey/Reids era Chiefs out of the playoffs. Therefore I would rather Daniel be one of the last cuts, no savings post june, so that if we don't have to get rid of him don't, simply because of Smith and his injury history.

Pretty much agree but on the other hand whats to say Bray or murray won't be solid backups. We need that QB waiting in the wings that has potential to be a starter. If they don't hav it then move on and keep drafting.

Chief Roundup
01-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Pretty much agree but on the other hand whats to say Bray or murray won't be solid backups. We need that QB waiting in the wings that has potential to be a starter. If they don't hav it then move on and keep drafting.

I will explain a little further. I think we could carry his $3.8 savings into the first part of camp, basically using it as a net for either Smith or a player that gets cut late.

Chief Roundup
01-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah and OP the answer is no they don't like everybody else has noted. The only way they could have any trade value is if their contracts were restructured, if that happens we should probably just keep them.

milkman
01-03-2015, 05:39 PM

This is why you hold on to Daniel in TC and the preseason.

Gives time to gauge their progress.

jonzie04
01-03-2015, 07:20 PM
You're on crack.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/01/30/49ers-reportedly-will-release-alex-smith-if-they-cant-trade-him/

http://209.160.24.31/d/396/125/anari2xljd/tyronebiggu-1.gif

jonzie04
01-03-2015, 07:24 PM

give me a break

this board is so naive

You think they were just going to pay 8.5 million dollars in 2013 to be their backup qb who they just benched? I suppose it is possible.... But highly unlikely.

An then theres the other side of the coin... Alex Smith not wanting to be there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/alex-smith-is-expected-to-seek-his-release-before-free-agency/

Chief Roundup
01-03-2015, 07:45 PM

So if Alex Smith was every going to be actually released why would the team with the #1 Waiver priority give up picks to get Alex Smith?

We were not the only team interested in Smith. Dorsey and Reid knew that if they truly wanted Alex they were going to have to give up picks.

jonzie04
01-03-2015, 07:50 PM
So if Alex Smith was every going to be actually released why would the team with the #1 Waiver priority give up picks to get Alex Smith?

We were not the only team interested in Smith. Dorsey and Reid knew that if they truly wanted Alex they were going to have to give up picks.

Only players with less than 4 seasons in the league go through the waiver process. Smith would have become a free agent immediately and would have been free to go anywhere he wanted.

Dave Lane
01-03-2015, 08:03 PM

give me a break

this board is so naive

Yes they were.

Chief Roundup
01-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Only players with less than 4 seasons in the league go through the waiver process. Smith would have become a free agent immediately and would have been free to go anywhere he wanted.

I assumed that had changed, because Ed Reed had to clear waivers and that dude has more than 4 years.

jonzie04
01-03-2015, 08:07 PM
I assumed that had changed, because Ed Reed had to clear waivers and that dude has more than 4 years.

Oh, shit you might be right idk. But it makes sense to me for what you said, they knew other teams were interested. That in addition to smith becoming a FA, to me i understand why they traded for him. I can still understand it though, even if he had to clear waivers, a lot of teams would have been happy to trade for him.

bevischief
01-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Really...?

jonzie04
01-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Just read into it "After the trade deadline, however, any player released by a team, regardless of years accrued, must pass through the waiver wire. This is why Ed Reed, a 12-year vet, had to pass through waivers after he was released by the Texans during Week 11 last season."

Smith would have become a FA unless they would have held on to him until week 8 of the regular season. Assuming nobody else traded for him.

Chief Roundup
01-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Oh, shit you might be right idk. But it makes sense to me for what you said, they knew other teams were interested. That in addition to smith becoming a FA, to me i understand why they traded for him. I can still understand it though, even if he had to clear waivers, a lot of teams would have been happy to trade for him.

I don't know I think I need a clarification from those that know how to search the "rules" for those answers a lot better than I do.
I also know what assume spells.

Chief Roundup
01-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Just read into it "After the trade deadline, however, any player released by a team, regardless of years accrued, must pass through the waiver wire. This is why Ed Reed, a 12-year vet, had to pass through waivers after he was released by the Texans during Week 11 last season."

Smith would have become a FA unless they would have held on to him until week 8 of the regular season. Assuming nobody else traded for him.

Ah ha alright well so much for me trying to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one then.
Damn that didn't take long.

jonzie04
01-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Ah ha alright well so much for me trying to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one then.
Damn that didn't take long.

LMAO

I still understand and respect them trading for him, who really knows what would have happened, i guess its all speculation. They went out and did what they needed to get their guy. i wish that guy would have been Drew Brees, or the next Andrew Luck though lol.

Couch-Potato
01-04-2015, 07:38 PM
What about including Hali in a deal to swap 1st round picks? Maybe to move up and grab Amari Cooper?

Seems like a win-win

ClevelandBronco
01-04-2015, 08:19 PM
I still get pulled into the occasional conversation that Tebow didn't get a fair chance because of speaking up on his religion. Not because he was fucking terrible.

That Tebow got on the field at all was because of his popularity, which was due in large part to his willingness to speak about his faith. He was a terrible NFL quarterback. I enjoyed seeing him try, but, Lord Almighty, he was terrible.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2015, 08:35 PM

Bray sucks

jd1020
01-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Bray sucks

What a coincidence, because so does Daniel. They can be cut together!

jd1020
01-04-2015, 08:55 PM

What other team was rumored to be going after Alex?

The deal between the Chiefs and 49ers was shook on a fucking month before it could even happen.

penbrook
01-04-2015, 08:57 PM
What other team was rumored to be going after Alex?

The deal between the Chiefs and 49ers was shook on a ****ing month before it could even happen.

The Cardinals

jd1020
01-04-2015, 08:59 PM
The Cardinals

Don't recall them being serious about Alex at all. Iirc their only interest in him was if he was cut and they didnt have to trade for him.

penbrook
01-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Don't recall them being serious about Alex at all. Iirc their only interest in him was if he was cut and they didnt have to trade for him.

Before the Chiefs Cardinals game Arains said they were in on smith and really wanted him.

jd1020
01-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Before the Chiefs Cardinals game Arains said they were in on smith and really wanted him.

Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians made an interesting revelation during a radio interview on Tuesday. He confirmed that the Cardinals did in fact approach the San Francisco 49ers about acquiring quarterback Alex Smith during the 2013 offseason. Arians said the 49ers quickly shot down the Cardinals.

So they either weren't that serious or the 49ers didn't give a shit about their offer considering they are in the same division. Basically, they weren't a threat to acquiring Alex in any way shape or form.

Rain Man
01-04-2015, 09:09 PM
If I was an NFL coach, I would spend all offseason prepping my backup quarterbacks to excel in the 2nd and 3rd preseason games. I would give them film, I would run scripts, I would give them practice time, and I would do everything to ensure that they dominate those games. Given other teams' strategies, I think it can be done.

And then I would trade them the next day for 2nd or 3rd round picks.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2015, 09:11 PM
If I was an NFL coach, I would spend all offseason prepping my backup quarterbacks to excel in the 2nd and 3rd preseason games. I would give them film, I would run scripts, I would give them practice time, and I would do everything to ensure that they dominate those games. Given other teams' strategies, I think it can be done.

And then I would trade them the next day for 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Except for the fact that backups are generally backups for one reason: They're not talented enough or ready to start.

And not all QB's are a fit for every system.

DTLB58
01-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Can't hardly imagine the Cards being interested in Alex with Arians fondness of the deep vertical game.

rico
01-04-2015, 11:27 PM

Bowe

Hali

Daniels

Probably all of them...including Daniel. NFL teams can be freaking goofy. Hell, with Daniel, on paper, being dependable in his 2 vs. Chargers games, he is presumably considered more valuable than he was prior to the Chiefs signing him. I could see a QB-needy cesspool franchise biting at Daniel.

DTLB58
01-04-2015, 11:31 PM

Bowe

Hali

Daniels

In contributing with Terez Paylor for his post season article for the Star, Joel Corry suggested this about Bowe:
— Corry thinks the Chiefs might be better off approaching Bowe for a restructure. “Why not see if he’s open to a pay cut to go from $11 million to $6 million where he can earn it back with reachable incentives,” Corry said. “There’s no dead money at that point, so it would be the same savings as if you were to cut him normally.” Depending on Bowe’s market value, Corry added, a restructured deal might be more than Bowe could make on the open market.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article5389392.html#storylink=cpy

Reerun_KC
01-04-2015, 11:32 PM
That broke dick asshat that threw a -5 yard pass in the final game.

Fuck Daniels that fat booger eating fuck.

rico
01-04-2015, 11:58 PM
The Cardinals

Man, they really could have used him this last weekend...boy does Lindley suck. And boy does that fan base ever hate Lindley. Like whoa, yo.

Couch-Potato
01-05-2015, 02:22 PM
In contributing with Terez Paylor for his post season article for the Star, Joel Corry suggested this about Bowe:
— Corry thinks the Chiefs might be better off approaching Bowe for a restructure. “Why not see if he’s open to a pay cut to go from $11 million to $6 million where he can earn it back with reachable incentives,” Corry said. “There’s no dead money at that point, so it would be the same savings as if you were to cut him normally.” Depending on Bowe’s market value, Corry added, a restructured deal might be more than Bowe could make on the open market.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article5389392.html#storylink=cpy

I would rather restructure Hali than Bowe.

Couch-Potato
03-10-2015, 11:21 PM
LMAO

I still understand and respect them trading for him, who really knows what would have happened, i guess its all speculation. They went out and did what they needed to get their guy. i wish that guy would have been Drew Brees, or the next Andrew Luck though lol.

Exactly.

Rausch
03-10-2015, 11:21 PM
I would rather restructure Hali than Bowe.

Definitely...

Couch-Potato
03-10-2015, 11:25 PM

Cardinals wanted him, ended up with with old-ass Carson Palmer. That explains the Chiefs paying two 2nd rounders for him, the best plan B out there was Palmer or Geno Smith. Alex was the best choice.

...and yes, that means I liked the choice to bring in A Smith in over drafting Bridgewater as well.

Couch-Potato
03-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Probably all of them...including Daniel. NFL teams can be freaking goofy. Hell, with Daniel, on paper, being dependable in his 2 vs. Chargers games, he is presumably considered more valuable than he was prior to the Chiefs signing him. I could see a QB-needy cesspool franchise biting at Daniel.

Hali has value, but I don't think there's any reason we would trade him. NFL is a QB starved league at the moment but no one is going to trade for Daniel when they know that we're going to cut him. Like others have stated, I hope we can reach an agreement in the end to keep Bowe. Hopefully there won't be much of a market for him out there and he realized he's better off staying in KC.

...although I could see Bowe in Baltimore

jd1020
03-11-2015, 01:54 AM
I hope we can reach an agreement in the end to keep Bowe. Hopefully there won't be much of a market for him out there and he realized he's better off staying in KC.

...although I could see Bowe in Baltimore

Thank god I didn't have a mouth full of liquid when reading that pile of shit, otherwise I'd be in the market for a new computer.

Bowe's career has ****ing tanked ever since Alex walked through that door. He's doing himself a favor by making the Chiefs cut him.