PDA

View Full Version : Football There is no way the NFL will pass up Dallas vs Green Bay

a pp roach
01-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Sorry Lions fans. You're fucked, again.

Hoover
01-03-2015, 11:21 PM
agree 100%

Ice Bowl

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Romo choking is a much better storyline for the off-season.

MMXcalibur
01-03-2015, 11:26 PM
But....Detroit vs Seattle!

a pp roach
01-03-2015, 11:28 PM
This one of those reverse karma wishful thoughts type threads bee tee dubs.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-04-2015, 01:52 AM
I'm likely wrong lol but I think the SB is gonna be Dallas vs. New England.

And as far as the topic goes, I think Dallas runs all over Green Bay. Murray is gonna grind that D to the bone. No homo.

Why Not?
01-04-2015, 03:10 AM
Stafford has such a stellar road record against winning teams that it is definitely a conspiracy if Dallas wins.

jjchieffan
01-04-2015, 10:27 AM
I was thinking similar thoughts about the AFC. Manning vs the Colts next week, then Manning vs Brady in the AFC championship game. Sorry to the other AFC teams, but that's a wet dream for the league.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-04-2015, 02:15 PM
Panthers / Bengals

Pepe Silvia
01-04-2015, 02:27 PM
I would rather face the Lions, they already got their one win against us this year.

Bearcat
01-04-2015, 02:35 PM
I was thinking similar thoughts about the AFC. Manning vs the Colts next week, then Manning vs Brady in the AFC championship game. Sorry to the other AFC teams, but that's a wet dream for the league.

Yeah, it would be totally fixed if the better QB wins today and the #1 and #2 seeds play in a couple weeks.

jjchieffan
01-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Yeah, it would be totally fixed if the better QB wins today and the #1 and #2 seeds play in a couple weeks.

Oh I don't argue that Indy had the better QB today. But Indy should destroy the Donks next week. Unfortunately, the league wants their golden boy in that championship game playing against Brady perhaps for the last time in the postseason. That would be the real Superbowl for a lot of people. Just like the glory days for Dallas and SF. That was the matchup everyone wanted to see.

KCrockaholic
01-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Is this a Crying Ramtard thread?

Mi_chief_fan
01-04-2015, 06:18 PM
So there's clearly PI, flag thrown, announcement is made, and, 3 minutes later, the flag is picked up.

Yeah, nothing shady there.

ClevelandBronco
01-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Is this a Crying Ramtard thread?

It is now.

So there's clearly PI, flag thrown, announcement is made, and, 3 minutes later, the flag is picked up.

Yeah, nothing shady there.

Psyko Tek
01-04-2015, 06:22 PM
refs are making sure dallas wins

KCrockaholic
01-04-2015, 06:23 PM
refs are making sure dallas wins

Well, they certainly made sure Dallas had a chance to tie at minimum. That PI would've put Detroit in FG range.

Mi_chief_fan
01-04-2015, 06:28 PM
It is now.

So, you thought waving it off 3 minutes later was the right call?

beach tribe
01-04-2015, 06:29 PM
If there was any conspiracy Dallas would already have been in some SBs.

ClevelandBronco
01-04-2015, 06:30 PM
So, you thought waving it off 3 minutes later was the right call?

Don't know. Didn't see it. Don't give a fuck.

Mi_chief_fan
01-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Don't know. Didn't see it. Don't give a ****.

Shocking....

cosmo20002
01-04-2015, 06:41 PM

Just like last year's Super Bowl. It was totally fixed the two best teams in the league, one with the NFL's best offense and the other with the NFL's best defense, played each other. Only way it could happen.

KChiefs1
01-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Exactly.

gblowfish
01-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Well, Joe Buck will be able to go back to SF and wrap his lips around Madison Bumgarner's pecker again for another week....

kcxiv
01-04-2015, 07:03 PM
while that was a bad call. they settled for 3 hen they should have gotten 7. Ref's didnt help but Detroit blew that themselves.

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 07:04 PM

Yeah, nothing shady there.Has the NFL explained this yet?

Nzoner
01-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Has the NFL explained this yet?

They'll do like they have so many times over the years with other teams and send an apology to Detroit all the while shoveling another spoonful of shit down NFL fans throats which so many will gladly swallow as they look forward to next week.

R8RFAN
01-04-2015, 07:49 PM
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/37887/7c432e378866957.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/7c432e378866957)

FloridaMan88
01-04-2015, 07:55 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--zW53iqOQ--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/q1llgiysbtn7mfbqes5v.gif

wazu
01-04-2015, 07:58 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kv57A549b0ypWw4uoL7RXL50CR0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2903016/dalpi.0.gif

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 08:10 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kv57A549b0ypWw4uoL7RXL50CR0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2903016/dalpi.0.gifDon't know if true or not.
Steve McEwen ‏<s>@</s>SMcEwen_eh (https://twitter.com/SMcEwen_eh) <small class="time"> 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/SMcEwen_eh/status/551922268918390784) </small> In the 2010 WC game, Larry Fitzgerald did the same thing that the LB did to Charles Woodson and no flags.

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 08:12 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--zW53iqOQ--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/q1llgiysbtn7mfbqes5v.gifThat creeps me out.

gblowfish
01-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Chris Christie is moist.

wazu
01-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Don't know if true or not.
Steve McEwen ‏<s>@</s>SMcEwen_eh (https://twitter.com/SMcEwen_eh) <small class="time"> 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/SMcEwen_eh/status/551922268918390784) </small> In the 2010 WC game, Larry Fitzgerald did the same thing that the LB did to Charles Woodson and no flags.

Did the ref see it, call it, and then pick up the flag 3 minutes later?

wazu
01-04-2015, 08:30 PM
That creeps me out.

You'd think that group could at least hire 1 or 2 females to hang out with them.

chiefforlife
01-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Detroit got screwed, no doubt about it!

Rain Man
01-04-2015, 08:58 PM
The sad thing for me is that I can't tell if that's pass interference or not. I would lean toward no, but that's just because I'm using common sense and not trying to interpret based on the NFL's current pansy rules.

Using common sense, I ask myself, "Did the defender make contact in a way that prevented the receiver from catching the ball?" I mean, that is the original point of the rule, right? The ball hit the defender in the back. The receiver was not going to catch that due to the defender's position, and any contact between the two had nothing to do with the fact that the ball wasn't caught. I view hitting the defender's back as being no different than hitting a lineman's hand when it's thrown. It's a defensed pass, no matter how inadvertent.

But the bottom line is that an official can call it any way he wants and can defend it. That's a major problem and it tells me that the NFL needs to do a global rethinking of its rules. They're too complicated and nuanced these days. In this case, for example, calls aren't being made because contact prevented the receiver from catching the ball. They're being made because contact was made and the ball was not caught, regardless of whether there's any connection between the two events.

Bwana
01-04-2015, 09:07 PM
You'd think that group could at least hire 1 or 2 females to hang out with them.

No shit it looks like a bath house. LMAO

Chiefaholic
01-04-2015, 09:14 PM
How many times was that a flag against William Bartee for not turning his head around?

Dylan
01-04-2015, 09:16 PM
LMAO ^ Governor Christie rocking the same red sweater from three years ago.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Christie was a Giants fan before he became a Cowboys fan (from <a href="https://twitter.com/ripits247">@ripits247</a>) <a href="http://t.co/T1UYJQ6aQB">pic.twitter.com/T1UYJQ6aQB</a></p>&mdash; Busted Coverage (@bustedcoverage) <a href="https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/551911385727508480">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Christie has also been a Jets fan (from <a href="https://twitter.com/Avalonbryan">@AvalonBryan</a>) <a href="http://t.co/xW1vCk7K5w">pic.twitter.com/xW1vCk7K5w</a></p>&mdash; Busted Coverage (@bustedcoverage) <a href="https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/551915742506287104">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

jd1020
01-04-2015, 09:17 PM
The sad thing for me is that I can't tell if that's pass interference or not. I would lean toward no, but that's just because I'm using common sense and not trying to interpret based on the NFL's current pansy rules.

Using common sense, I ask myself, "Did the defender make contact in a way that prevented the receiver from catching the ball?" I mean, that is the original point of the rule, right? The ball hit the defender in the back. The receiver was not going to catch that due to the defender's position, and any contact between the two had nothing to do with the fact that the ball wasn't caught. I view hitting the defender's back as being no different than hitting a lineman's hand when it's thrown. It's a defensed pass, no matter how inadvertent.

But the bottom line is that an official can call it any way he wants and can defend it. That's a major problem and it tells me that the NFL needs to do a global rethinking of its rules. They're too complicated and nuanced these days. In this case, for example, calls aren't being made because contact prevented the receiver from catching the ball. They're being made because contact was made and the ball was not caught, regardless of whether there's any connection between the two events.

I'm pretty confident in saying that isn't PI, at least in my book. What did the defender interfere with? Nothing. The ball was way underthrown and hit the guy in the back. How could you call that DPI?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-04-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm pretty confident in saying that isn't PI, at least in my book. What did the defender interfere with? Nothing. The ball was way underthrown and hit the guy in the back. How could you call that DPI?

I agree with this. It was a poorly thrown ball. It's not like he was draped all over him. A flag would've bailed out Stafford.

Red Dawg
01-04-2015, 09:28 PM

What? Not PI in your book? Really? He is not playing the ball nor did he even turn his head while messing with the reciever. It's the very definition of PI.

jd1020
01-04-2015, 09:30 PM
What? Not PI in your book? Really? He is not playing the ball nor did he even turn his head while messing with the reciever. It's the very definition of PI.

Messing with the receiver in what way? The receiver is the one initiating the contact. If that's DPI its ticky tacky as hell. Should he be back pedaling the whole way in order to defend against a severely underthrown ball? Literally the only contact he made with the receiver, before getting hit in the back with the ball, was putting his hand on his shoulder pad which in no way impacted the receivers ability to catch an uncatchable ball.

stevieray
01-04-2015, 09:34 PM
didn't see it, but i'm gathering the refs determined another outcome of a game with a call/noncall?

Eleazar
01-04-2015, 09:36 PM
I thought it was PI in real time and I don't think any differently now. He never makes an effort to play the ball, and he is in contact with Pettigrew and blocking Pettigrew from coming back to the ball.

It's unfortunate that they picked such a critical time to do something completely unprecedented like picking a flag up a half an hour later... sheesh

BigChiefFan
01-04-2015, 09:39 PM
That creeps me out.

Yeah, that's definitely a little twisted.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 09:44 PM
The defender never played the ball. That is called defensive pass interference every time...except for this shady bull shit call.

WilliamTheIrish
01-04-2015, 09:44 PM
That looked like PI to me. No attempt to play the ball. Pretty controversial for the refs and the league.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Messing with the receiver in what way? The receiver is the one initiating the contact. If that's DPI its ticky tacky as hell. Should he be back pedaling the whole way in order to defend against a severely underthrown ball? Literally the only contact he made with the receiver, before getting hit in the back with the ball, was putting his hand on his shoulder pad which in no way impacted the receivers ability to catch an uncatchable ball.

Watch the game much? It's called defensive PI every time.

jd1020
01-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Watch the game much? It's called defensive PI every time.

Not really.

I've witnessed plenty of times where a defender doesn't play the ball and doesn't get called for DPI.

If the Dallas player ran through the receiver that was trying to come back to the ball then I would call it DPI, but he doesn't. The only contact he makes with the receiver is when they are both arm checking eachother. To call that interference just because the QB threw the ball in his back is just ignorant.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 09:55 PM
You are right. The defender commits PI, it's announced as such, and overturned every week ROFL It is blatant PI that's called every week.

mr. tegu
01-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Not really.

I've witnessed plenty of times where a defender doesn't play the ball and doesn't get called for DPI.

If the Dallas player ran through the receiver that was trying to come back to the ball then I would call it DPI, but he doesn't. The only contact he makes with the receiver is when they are both arm checking eachother. To call that interference just because the QB threw the ball in his back is just ignorant.

Are you suggesting that Pettigrew was making no effort to stop his momentum to catch the ball?

jd1020
01-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Are you suggesting that Pettigrew was making no effort to stop his momentum to catch the ball?

Does it matter when the defender didn't make contact with him before the ball hit him in the back? He had his hand on his shoulder for .5 a second that didn't alter the receiver in any way. How is that DPI?

jd1020
01-04-2015, 10:02 PM
You are right. The defender commits PI, it's announced as such, and overturned every week ROFL It is blatant PI that's called every week.

You're retarded. I'm not arguing if they called it as such and then later picked up the flag. I didn't even watch the ****ing game.

That's simply not DPI just because he wasn't playing the ball. I mean holy shit... It's called and not called every ****ing week, dumbass. The defender did nothing to interfere with the receiver. It was a bad pass that hit him in the back.

Are you going to start arguing PI every time a defender isn't playing the ball but sticks his hand up and the ball hits the back of his hand?

mr. tegu
01-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Does it matter when the defender didn't make contact with him before the ball hit him in the back? He had his hand on his shoulder for .5 a second that didn't alter the receiver in any way. How is that DPI?

The defender sees him turn his head because the ball is coming so he throws his hands up and puts them on the receiver and prevents him from coming back to the ball. Pettigrew had a good chance for a completion except the defender basically runs him over. It is clearly pass interference since he did not make a play on the ball.

I am not sure how anyone can see something different, but regardless, that is not what the issue is. The issue is that it was called, announced, (time elapses) and then is taken away with no explanation.

Pasta Little Brioni
You're retarded. I'm not arguing if they called it as such and then later picked up the flag. I didn't even watch the ****ing game.

That's simply not DPI just because he wasn't playing the ball. I mean holy shit... It's called and not called every ****ing week, dumbass. The defender did nothing to interfere with the receiver. It was a bad pass that hit him in the back.

Are you going to start arguing PI every time a defender isn't playing the ball but sticks his hand up and the ball hits the back of his hand?

You didn't watch the game ROFL When a defender doesn't turn his head around and makes contact as we see in the gif....it's called every damn time...but today.

jd1020
You didn't watch the game ROFL When a defender doesn't turn his head around and makes contact as we see in the gif....it's called every damn time...but today.

He made contact AFTER the ball hit him... Are you saying him having his hand on his shoulder pad interfered with the receiver?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 10:10 PM
He made contact AFTER the ball hit him... Are you saying him having his hand on his shoulder pad interfered with the receiver?

He prevents him from coming back and making a play on the ball. The head rules guy even said it was PI. But no I will listen to slap dick jd .

MikeMaslowski
01-04-2015, 10:10 PM

A catch could have been made if he didn't swipe his hand.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fB48hRWZKxQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/itnjNgRBAnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jjchieffan
01-04-2015, 10:11 PM
According to the referee whose crew called pass interference on Dallas Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens and then announced the call was reversed, an official with a better view came in and that caused the change.

Referee Pete Morelli met with pool reporter Todd Archer of ESPN.com and explained why and how the call got reversed. He also made clear that face-guarding is not a foul in the NFL, although many people are under the assumption is it.

Here's the transcript, via a tweet by the Detroit News' Josh Katzenstein:

Archer: Can you talk about the decision to overturn the call and why you overturned the call.
Morelli: The back judge threw his flag for defensive pass interference. We got other information from a different angle that thought the contact was minimal and didn’t warrant pass interference. He thought it was face-guarding.

Archer: Which official?
Morelli: The head linesman.

Archer: What did you see?
Morelli: It’s not my responsibility. I’m a hundred miles away.

Archer: Face-guarding is not a foul?
Morelli: Face-guarding is not a foul. It is a penalty in college but not in professional football.

Archer: What is the process you go through after you announce the call? Should you have waited before you announced the call?
Morelli: Probably, yes. The information came and then the officials got together a little bit later, after it was given to me, the first information. It would probably been smoother if we got together.

Archer: Do you remember this type of (play) happening before?
Morelli: No, not particularly.

Archer: So one more time on who the person was that had the better view?
Morelli: The better view was from the head linesman.

jd1020
01-04-2015, 10:11 PM
He prevents him from coming back and making a play on the ball. The head rules guy even said it was PI.

I might buy that if the defender ran through the receiver before the ball hit him in the back, but he didn't.

jd1020
01-04-2015, 10:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6i8bbvCQAAumZ2.jpg

"Running through the receiver"

"Preventing him from coming back to the ball"

When there's literally a foot of open air between the 2 players.

Red Dawg
01-04-2015, 10:21 PM
It was total PI. Any thought that is wasn't is rediculous.

mr. tegu
01-04-2015, 10:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6i8bbvCQAAumZ2.jpg

"Running through the receiver"

"Preventing him from coming back to the ball"

When there's literally a foot of open air between the 2 players.

This screenshot is after he already had his hands on him and the act of interference was basically complete. The open air you speak of comes from the defender throwing his hands up to try to avoid being penalized and the receiver is falling backwards towards the ground.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 10:30 PM
This screenshot is after he already had his hands on him and the act of interference was basically complete. The open air you speak of comes from the defender throwing his hands up to try to avoid being penalized.

The douche would have saw that if he you know watched the game .

jd1020
01-04-2015, 10:30 PM
This screenshot is after he already had his hands on him and the act of interference was basically complete. The open air you speak of comes from the defender throwing his hands up to try to avoid being penalized and the receiver is falling backwards towards the ground.

I've already seen and acknowledged that they were both arm checking eachother, thanks.

mr. tegu
01-04-2015, 10:32 PM
I've already seen and acknowledged that they were both arm checking eachother, thanks.

So what is the point of posting a screenshot that is after the interference/play has taken place?

jd1020
01-04-2015, 10:33 PM
So what is the point of posting a screenshot that is after the interference/play has taken place?

Because shit like that goes uncalled on literally every pass play?

RobBlake
01-04-2015, 10:34 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kv57A549b0ypWw4uoL7RXL50CR0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2903016/dalpi.0.gif

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Not with the defender not turning his head. Sure the hell doesn't go un called.

jd1020
01-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Here's everyone argument for PI:

"The ball hit him in the back and he didn't turn his head."

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He hasn't run through the receiver and he hasn't prevented him from turning back on the ball. He only runs through him after the play is over.

CP would be calling DPI on any defender that was beat and just happened to stick his hand up in the exact right spot and knock the ball down just because he wasn't looking at it.

mr. tegu
01-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Because shit like that goes uncalled on literally every pass play?

In that post you posted the picture as if to say the defender didn't stop him from coming back to the ball or he didn't run through the receiver because there is space between them at that moment. How does a picture that is after the play support those ideas? Do you have a point in posting that picture? Just what is it that you think it supports?

MikeMaslowski
01-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Here's everyone argument for PI:

"The ball hit him in the back and he didn't turn his head."

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He hasn't run through the receiver and he hasn't prevented him from turning back on the ball. He only runs through him after the play is over.

CP would be calling DPI on any defender that was beat and just happened to stick his hand up in the exact right spot and knock the ball down just because he wasn't looking at it.

He hit his hand away as it was on a path to the ball. That is PI.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 10:38 PM
If they had kept the flag not one person would bitch as it's called as such every week. Watch the damn games.

jd1020
01-04-2015, 10:39 PM
In that post you posted the picture as if to say the defender didn't stop him from coming back to the ball or he didn't run through the receiver because there is space between them at that moment. How does a picture that is after the play support those ideas? Do you have a point in posting that picture? Just what is it that you think it supports?

After the play? Do you not see the ball? That's like a millisecond after the play ended. How does he prevent the receiver from coming back on the ball when he hasn't even contacted him yet? Honest question.

jd1020
01-04-2015, 10:40 PM
He hit his hand away as it was on a path to the ball. That is PI.

Ummm, no?

mr. tegu
01-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Also, the idea that a 250 pound defender running basically full speed and putting his arm on a guy doesn't interfere with him slowing down, maintaining balance, and getting a better chance at the ball is ludicrous. His hand on him may look minimal but I am confident it wasn't.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 10:43 PM
After that play I muttered "only Dallas". Screwjob.

mr. tegu
01-04-2015, 10:44 PM
After the play? Do you not see the ball? That's like a millisecond after the play ended. How does he prevent the receiver from coming back on the ball when he hasn't even contacted him yet? Honest question.

I don't know what you are looking at. He contacts him before the ball arrives which is before the picture you posted. That is clear as day.

jd1020
01-04-2015, 10:45 PM
I don't know what you are looking at. He contacts him before the ball arrives which is before the picture you posted. That is clear as day.

They were contacting eachother... The type of contact they were making with eachother before the ball arrives goes uncalled all the fucking time.

Jimmya
01-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Cant touch him after 5 yards dude. Pi all the way.

mr. tegu
01-04-2015, 10:51 PM
They were contacting eachother... The type of contact they were making with eachother before the ball arrives goes uncalled all the ****ing time when players are playing the ball.

Fyp. In this instance one guy plays the ball (no penalty) the other does not and even proceeds to give a slight shove and run through the other player (penalty).

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 10:52 PM
How come there is always one nut job arguing against the obvious around here?

Hootie
01-04-2015, 10:54 PM

I agree 100% and this was exactly what I've been trying to say I just can never word it like the legendary Rain Man.

I am so tired of every rule having 50 different interpretations, like the Kelce "fumble", so no matter what the officials call, there is 25 different ways to spin it so they are never making the wrong call.

MMXcalibur
01-04-2015, 11:11 PM
100 times out of 100: the Kansas City Chiefs or Jacksonville Jaguars don't get that flag picked up. I firmly believe that.

wazu
01-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Did this thread actually manage to devolve into a debate over whether or not that was P.I.? A defender holds the receiver before the catch, never turns his head, and then runs through the receiver making any catch impossible. It's text-book 2 penalties, holding and P.I. It's flagrant. How, seriously HOW can this even be a discussion point?

If you just don't like the rules of football, then fine. But that would have been pass interference in the loosest ruleset that I have seen in my lifetime.

tk13
01-04-2015, 11:41 PM
As I said in the other thread... I have no problem with questioning how they've set up the rules. They certainly favor the offense, but that's another discussion.

Given the way they usually call PI, that is usually PI. I don't think it's even that debatable really. They call that a million times a year. If you cause any kind of interference more than 5 yards downfield while looking at the pass catcher and not making a legitimately cognizant play on the ball... they call it PI every single time. If you don't believe that I'd question how much football you actually watch. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. They usually nail guys for not making a play on the ball.

They used to call it like that before the rules were Manning-ized. But the real controversy is that they called it, then announced it, then took it back. And never explained why. I don't think that's ever happened before. Just a bad look.

srvy
01-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Since when is face guarding not a penalty in the NFL? I have even herd officials use the term calling the penalty. Maybe the have eliminated the verbage but its still a penalty. DB never turns to make play on the ball puts hand on receiver then runs through him. That is pass interference any day except when playing the Cowboys or Bronco's in the playoffs.

Why Not?
01-04-2015, 11:53 PM
100 times out of 100: the Kansas City Chiefs or Jacksonville Jaguars don't get that flag picked up. I firmly believe that.

Oh there's no debating that.

cosmo20002
01-05-2015, 12:04 AM
Since when is face guarding not a penalty in the NFL? I have even herd officials use the term calling the penalty. Maybe the have eliminated the verbage but its still a penalty. DB never turns to make play on the ball puts hand on receiver then runs through him. That is pass interference any day except when playing the Cowboys or Bronco's in the playoffs.

Since forever.
I don't know, I've read that it was always legal and I've read since around.

It should be legal. PI is hard enough to call correctly. Now imagine if they have to call a pretty much completely subjective penalty of "blocking the receiver's view?"

You can block the view all you want. But if there is contact while doing it, you better be making a play on the ball.

Rain Man
01-05-2015, 12:07 AM

That's another oddity here. I swear that I've heard many times that it's a penalty. Even if there's no contact, if you block the receiver's vision without looking at the ball, it's a penalty. I've heard that a million times, and over 500,000 of those related to William Bartee. In fact, I think it's even called the William Bartee Rule.

tk13
01-05-2015, 12:11 AM
That's another oddity here. I swear that I've heard many times that it's a penalty. Even if there's no contact, if you block the receiver's vision without looking at the ball, it's a penalty. I've heard that a million times, and over 500,000 of those related to William Bartee. In fact, I think it's even called the William Bartee Rule.

That's a great example. And that was even pre-Manning rules. They've always nailed DBs for it.

cosmo20002
01-05-2015, 12:18 AM
That's a great example. And that was even pre-Manning rules. They've always nailed DBs for it.

If there's no contact, there cannot be PI. Period.
If there is some incidental contact made while making a play on the ball, the refs may or may not call it, depending on how incidental.
Basically, if you're making play on the ball, you get a little break if there is contact.
But if there's no contact, there is nothing for the refs to call.

Dylan
01-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Interesting:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Correct RT <a href="https://twitter.com/HunterDJohnson">@HunterDJohnson</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/kmeinke">@kmeinke</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Pete">@PFF_Pete</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre">@jasonrmcintyre</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing">@SI_PeterKing</a> HL 15 yds away. BJ 35-40 yds away <a href="http://t.co/6lAeOX5J49">pic.twitter.com/6lAeOX5J49</a></p>&mdash; Football Zebras (@footballzebras) <a href="https://twitter.com/footballzebras/status/551965717847744512">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

as I did on Twitter, I must disagree with the referee not having some responsibility for the crew in this situation.

The point about that the referee having the quarterback as the key and shouldn’t give his opinion on the actual call, is of course, correct. Yet, the referee has responsibility to take charge when a situation such as this arises. He has a flag on the ground by the B. The H, trying to get the call right, calls the B off the flag. I believe the referee really should not just accept the H reasoning in that situation and have a conference with the B. The first question from the R should be “Why did you throw the flag?” If the R gets an answer to justify the flag, he can then ask the H about why he saw. After getting both pieces of information, the referee can then make an informed decision with the input of the two crew members whether to go with the call or pick it up. In that situation, with the game on the line, how could any referee just go with what the H and B worked out on their own and NOT get involved. Why are you the referee if you’re not going to provide some leadership in this situation? It has nothing to do whether he saw the play, it had everything to do with adjudicating the two differing views of crew members.

Based on replay, we agree they should have went with the B’s flag, correct? So, where was the referee to make sure that the B had confidence enough to stick with it? As an R, I’m definitely asking my B what the hell he threw a flag for if he’s so willing to be called off of it.

The H thought he was saving the crew. It was the R that could and should have been the crew saver here. Hey, if the B told the R that he kicked it, then fine. The R would be absolved. The fact that he didn’t even investigate what the hell was going on was the problem.

You’re wearing a white hat for a reason. Use it.

What about the side judge? Shouldn’t Baynes be involved in this?

OFFICIALS' JURISDICTIONS, POSITIONS, AND DUTIES
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/jurisdiction

tk13
01-05-2015, 12:29 AM
If there's no contact, there cannot be PI. Period.
If there is some incidental contact made while making a play on the ball, the refs may or may not call it, depending on how incidental.
Basically, if you're making play on the ball, you get a little break if there is contact.
But if there's no contact, there is nothing for the refs to call.

What's this have to do with the play in question though? The DB clear as day tugged on the guy's jersey, and had his hand on the receiver's right shoulder, pushing off on the receiver's right shoulder before the ball gets there.

There isn't any debate to this. It's right there on the video. You may as well be arguing the ocean is made of cheese.

tk13
01-05-2015, 12:35 AM
http://deadspin.com/officials-reverse-cowboys-pass-interference-penalty-da-1677432620

You can't embed Deadspin videos, but I want to see some legitimately make the argument that he did not tug on the jersey at 24 seconds into that video, and did not put his hand on the receiver's right shoulder and push it backwards between 30-34 seconds, before the arrival of the ball.

I'm sure someone will be crazy enough to do it, so have at it.

Brock
01-05-2015, 12:40 AM
That's a horrible call no matter what the rulebook says. It gets called 10000 (now 9999) times out of 10000.

cosmo20002
01-05-2015, 12:55 AM
What's this have to do with the play in question though? The DB clear as day tugged on the guy's jersey, and had his hand on the receiver's right shoulder, pushing off on the receiver's right shoulder before the ball gets there.

There isn't any debate to this. It's right there on the video. You may as well be arguing the ocean is made of cheese.

Because 'face guarding' has been mentioned as a stand-alone penalty and you said "good example."

He did tug the jersey, and technically that's holding, but it often isn't called if it is quick and didn't impede the WR too much. I'd have probably called it.

There was contact as the ball arrived, probably enough for a PI, especially since he didn't make a play on the ball.

But what I question is--was the ball catchable? Even if the defender hadn't contacted the WR, I don't think he can reasonably catch that. It hit the Def in the back. He'd have to go through or around him to get it. I guess I could go either way on the PI, particularly knowing the refs are making the call in real time.

I probably would have called the holding though.

Rain Man
01-05-2015, 01:48 AM
http://deadspin.com/officials-reverse-cowboys-pass-interference-penalty-da-1677432620

You can't embed Deadspin videos, but I want to see some legitimately make the argument that he did not tug on the jersey at 24 seconds into that video, and did not put his hand on the receiver's right shoulder and push it backwards between 30-34 seconds, before the arrival of the ball.

Seeing that angle, it does look like he barely pushed the receiver's shoulder (which actually probably helped the receiver more than hinder him). I didn't see that in the gifs that have been floating around.

There was also a ticky-tack defensive holding that should never be called.

In terms of actual impact, it looks more like the receiver pushed off than the defender pushed him.

The bottom line is that it's a shame that officials have to make calls in situations like this. It's too fine a line to do a good job for anyone.

jd1020
01-05-2015, 02:07 AM
I would have called unsportsmanlike conduct on Dez Bryant.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 04:52 AM
Sorry Lions fans. You're ****ed, again.

Troof. And they DID get fucked.

I agree with picking up the flag, or even throwing flags on both (Pettigrew was guilty of OPI), but Dez should've been flagged for Unsportsmanlike for being on the field without his helmet.

So, it either should have been a replayed down, or 1st down Detroit with a 15 yarder.

But...as mentioned, the NFL can't pass up Dallas going to Green Bay.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 04:53 AM

Pettigrew pushed off as well, before all of that.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 05:19 AM

Face guarding is a penalty in NCAA, not NFL.

But, in this instance, the officials called the game the way the league wanted it called.

Green Bay and Detroit already twice a year - no one wants to see Detroit go to Green Bay or Seattle. Dallas gets more ratings - they're 'America's Team'. Lol.

Dallas won't win the Super Bowl...but they may go to the NFC Title Game.

Maybe.

Lambeau (sp?), tough place to play in Jan.

-King-
01-05-2015, 07:42 AM

http://i.imgur.com/80aGtSf.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg
01-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Forget the PI call for one minute. Dez comes way on the field with no helmet on to argue. That is also a penalty but no call. Lions got hosed on both calls and I don't care if they still had a chance to win. The refs took away a big chance being scardy cats.

They actually marked off the penalty yardage then reversed themselves and ignored Bryant being an ass. Rigged

-King-
01-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Forget the PI call for one minute. Dez comes way on the field with no helmet on to argue. That is also a penalty but no call. Lions got hosed on both calls and I don't care if they still had a chance to win. The refs took away a big chance being scardy cats.

They actually marked off the penalty yardage then reversed themselves and ignored Bryant being an ass. Rigged
So if its rigged....why throw the flag in the first place? Why announce the PI in the first place. Did two referees forget for a second?
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
01-05-2015, 08:18 AM
I wonder if Tim Donaghy ever overturned a call.

Dartgod
01-05-2015, 08:29 AM

It was at one time but was changed to no penalty a few years ago. I've tried to find out when it was changed to no avail.

But I'm pretty sure that it used to be a penalty.

InChiefsHeaven
01-05-2015, 08:43 AM

This is the problem. Not that it IS or ISN'T pass interference, it's that a flag was thrown, the penalty announce, the yardage marched off, then suddenly...no penalty...

THAT'S the problem with this. Shit, I've seen a million bad calls, but I've never seen one reversed like that. Usually the flag is picked up before the penalty is called and assesed, but in this case...

has ANYONE ever seen something like that before?

Amnorix
01-05-2015, 08:54 AM
It was at one time but was changed to no penalty a few years ago. I've tried to find out when it was changed to no avail.

But I'm pretty sure that it used to be a penalty.

I may be wrong but to my knowledge "face guarding" has never been a penalty in the NFL. It is in college, but don't think it EVER was in the NFL.

Amnorix
01-05-2015, 08:57 AM

Not that I can remember. I agree, it looks awful.

But I did think it wasn't a good call when made. I thought there was alot of handchecking by the offensive player, and then when the ball was coming in, there was a bit of contact by the defensive player on the receiver's, errr, shoulder I think it was, but by and large there wasn't much contact. More flopping than much of anything else.

I know some refs and people here disagree. That's fine. There WAS some contact, and the guy wasn't playing the ball certainly. And under the new rules, perhaps that is enough. But still, didn't seem like much, and the receiver wasn't really trying to get BACK to the ball where the defender impeded his progress.

Can't post the gif, so here's a link in case one isn't alreay in this thread.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24935977/lions-cowboys-no-pi-call-pereira-disagrees-with-it-head-ref-explains-it

Amnorix
01-05-2015, 09:02 AM

You also understand that all those hand pushoffs by the receiver are ALSO technically illegal, yes? He does one at the same time as the shirt grab, and then does another one immediately after the shirt grab and before the ball arrives.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 09:11 AM
So if its rigged....why throw the flag in the first place? Why announce the PI in the first place. Did two referees forget for a second?
Posted via Mobile Device

If it's rigged hand the people of Detroit a reason to give a fuck about the NFL for the first time since Barry...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-05-2015, 09:15 AM
What about the hold on Witten that went for a TD? Rigged? Did the refs know Dallas would score anyway?

notorious
01-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Detroit has a great chance to break KC's playoff record. We should all be thankful for the circus yesterday.

Amnorix
01-05-2015, 09:16 AM
What about the hold on Witten that went for a TD? Rigged? Did the refs know Dallas would score anyway?

*Shhhhh* That doesn't advance the narrative one bit.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Detroit has a great chance to break KC's playoff record. We should all be thankful for the circus yesterday.

Cinci already has us beat...

notorious
01-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Cinci already has us beat...

They do?

This is great news! Well, until we take over again next year.

notorious
01-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Well, KC has 8 in a row and Cincy has 7, so we still need some things to happen.

Dartgod
01-05-2015, 09:33 AM
I may be wrong but to my knowledge "face guarding" has never been a penalty in the NFL. It is in college, but don't think it EVER was in the NFL.

I'm sure it was. But I'll be damned if I can find anything that verifies it.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Face guarding is a penalty in NCAA, not NFL.

But, in this instance, the officials called the game the way the league wanted it called.

Green Bay and Detroit already twice a year - no one wants to see Detroit go to Green Bay or Seattle. Dallas gets more ratings - they're 'America's Team'. Lol.

Dallas won't win the Super Bowl...but they may go to the NFC Title Game.

Maybe.

Lambeau (sp?), tough place to play in Jan.

Yep, I agree.

-King-
01-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Yep, I agree.

Uh....
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
01-05-2015, 09:43 AM
The problem is simple. The penalty was announced and yardage marked off and then SUDDENLY it was reversed. Someone got to the head official. Penalty or not, bad call or not, that's troubling and ridiculous

Hootie
01-05-2015, 09:44 AM
And had that call been announced @ arrowhead ... are the officials suddenly going to have a change of heart or would the call that was announced and marked off stand?

-King-
01-05-2015, 09:46 AM
The problem is simple. The penalty was announced and yardage marked off and then SUDDENLY it was reversed. Someone got to the head official. Penalty or not, bad call or not, that's troubling and ridiculous

If it were rigging, then that's a TERRIBLE way to rig the game. It would have been easier to just keep the penalty and call holding on the next play or two.
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 09:46 AM
This is the problem. Not that it IS or ISN'T pass interference, it's that a flag was thrown, the penalty announce, the yardage marched off, then suddenly...no penalty...

THAT'S the problem with this. Shit, I've seen a million bad calls, but I've never seen one reversed like that. Usually the flag is picked up before the penalty is called and assesed, but in this case...

Sure. It's almost like the refs make it up as they go...

Or do whatever the voice in the earpiece tells them.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 09:47 AM
If it were rigging, then that's a TERRIBLE way to rig the game. It would have been easier to just keep the penalty and call holding on the next play or two.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, that's how they do it, and you saw it with your own two eyes.

-King-
01-05-2015, 09:47 AM
And had that call been announced @ arrowhead ... are the officials suddenly going to have a change of heart or would the call that was announced and marked off stand?

You're right. The NFL is clearly trying to help Jerry Jones. I mean look at all the success he and his team has had the past 2 decades! Clearly shenanigans are afoot.
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Uh....
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. I told you 'football experts' that Face guarding is only a penalty in college hours ago...

blaise
01-05-2015, 09:48 AM
The NFL is rigged. That's why the Cowboys have been in the Super Bowl 9 out of the last 10 years.
And that's why the Super Bowl was a blowout last year. They wanted people to tune out at halftime.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 09:49 AM

Depends on who we're playing.

fan4ever
01-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

That's a very good point; plenty of ways to affect the outcome of the game without being that obvious. There's holding on practically every snap of the football.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 09:52 AM
The NFL is rigged. That's why the Cowboys have been in the Super Bowl 9 out of the last 10 years.
And that's why the Super Bowl was a blowout last year. They wanted people to tune out at halftime.

Jerry Jones has been punished for the stadium revenue deals he made outside the NFL in the mid 90s.

If they wanted anyone outside of Colorado, Wash, Montana and Wyoming to watch the Super Bowl, then they shoulda had two different teams.

I saw the first play...

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 09:54 AM
That's a very good point; plenty of ways to affect the outcome of the game without being that obvious. There's holding on practically every snap of the football.

But no one ever holds Tamba Hali. No one ever held TG until he got to Atlanta...

Dartgod
01-05-2015, 09:55 AM
I'm sure it was. But I'll be damned if I can find anything that verifies it.

This is the best thing I can find at this point. An article from the Chicago Tribune in 2006 where readers can submit questions to be answered by an official, Jerry Markbreit.

Can you call pass interference on a defender if he is turned toward the wide receiver, not looking at the ball, waves his arms, but doesn't touch the wide receiver at all? Say the ball is in the air and hits the defender in the arm because he deflects the pass. Again, he doesn't touch the WR, but isn't looking at the ball either. --Dawn Polomsky, Phoenix, Ariz.

Many years ago, there was a penalty on pass plays for "face guarding." What you describe is face guarding. There is no penalty under current NFL rules for this act, unless there is physical contact. If the ball hits the defender, as you describe, the play would be legal. It is dangerous for a defender to turn his back on the direction that the ball is coming from. If he contacts the intended receiver, it would be pass interference because the defender is not playing the ball. You seldom see what you describe, but it would not be a foul.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-061212askjerrymarkbreit-story.html#page=2

blaise
01-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Jerry Jones has been punished for the stadium revenue deals he made outside the NFL in the mid 90s.

If they wanted anyone outside of Colorado, Wash, Montana and Wyoming to watch the Super Bowl, then they shoulda had two different teams.

I saw the first play...

They punished Jerry until yesterday. Then they finally rigged it for him.

It's all rigged. That's why the Super Bowl was a blowout. They rigged a blowout. That maximizes future ad revenue.

beach tribe
01-05-2015, 10:36 AM
But no one ever holds Tamba Hali. No one ever held TG until he got to Atlanta...

Yeah, because everyone knows the league has been fixing games for the Falcons....Good lord.

beach tribe
01-05-2015, 10:42 AM

Hello??

Anybody want to address this?

Chief Pote
01-05-2015, 10:52 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--zW53iqOQ--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/q1llgiysbtn7mfbqes5v.gif

Left Christy hanging....ROFL. One would think he's a Jets or Giants fan? Fishy shit goin on there.

Amnorix
01-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Yeah, because everyone knows the league has been fixing games for the Falcons....Good lord.

JFC, WAKE UP! Have you not seen how Atlanta has completely dominated the NFL for years?

Fix...

Hootie
01-05-2015, 11:12 AM
I never said anything was rigged. Ever. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Rogue officiating or incompetence, or whatever, put a black eye on WC weekend. That was absolutely terrible.

It also ruined a great Tony Romo comeback, too. Totally robbed. Go figure. The one good game on WC weekend ended up getting a black eye.

NFL officials, everyone

blaise
01-05-2015, 11:18 AM
NFL was smart to orchestrate that Ryan Lindley Cards/Panthers playoff matchup. Whole nation was glued to their sets.

blaise
01-05-2015, 11:19 AM
I never said anything was rigged. Ever. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Rogue officiating or incompetence, or whatever, put a black eye on WC weekend. That was absolutely terrible.

It also ruined a great Tony Romo comeback, too. Totally robbed. Go figure. The one good game on WC weekend ended up getting a black eye.

NFL officials, everyone

That guy, rabblerouser, or whatever, claims the entire NFL is pre-fixed. Beginning to end. Even the draft.

redshirt32
01-05-2015, 11:25 AM
MLB, NBA, College Sports, and the Olympics all have had cheating or some other bull shit at one time or another.

To say it's never happened or is never going to happen in the NFL is stupid, lets not forget it is entertainment "The Greatest Show On Earth" money to be made everywhere.

ModSocks
01-05-2015, 11:28 AM
I don't agree that it was pass interference. The flag never shoulda been thrown in the first place. Picking it up after so long, however, was a bad move.

Hootie
01-05-2015, 11:35 AM
I don't agree that it was pass interference. The flag never shoulda been thrown in the first place. Picking it up after so long, however, was a bad move.

I guess you see what you see. There were about 4 fouls on the play from what I've read, stemming from defensive holding before the ball was in the air, to DPI, to OPI, to unsportsmanlike conduct on Dez Bryant.

I'm sure you could find a foul on just about every play.

But you simply CANNOT announce a call, mark off the yardage, and then suddenly have a change of heart.

It sets a HORRIBLE precedent. Was the 91,000+ home crowd influential on an official suddenly coming in and saying there "wasn't enough contact for DPI"?

I mean ...

It was terrible officiating. Was it influenced by outside factors? I have no idea. But in 25 years of watching the NFL I have never seen a call announced, marked off, and then suddenly rescinded without explanation.

It was infuriating to me. I didn't necessarily agree with the call or disagree ... I wish they'd let players play more.

I was full fledged cheering for Dallas. I am sick and tired of the Tony Romo is a choker narrative.

This call, however, ruined all of that for me. After that happened I was just angry that, the one good game on WC weekend, was ruined.

Terrible precedent.

ModSocks
01-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Right, i agree that Dez shoulda drawn a flag. I noticed that the moment it happened. I still don't think it's pass interference because there was no contact. I agree though, you can't pick it up once it's called.

This incident has allowed the public/NFL to ignore another officiating fuck up....the 12man penalty in the Balt/Pitt game....they called it when Balt had 11 men on the field....then the very next play, Balt gets called for actually having 12-men on the field.....very odd....

cosmo20002
01-05-2015, 11:50 AM
That guy, rabblerouser, or whatever, claims the entire NFL is pre-fixed. Beginning to end. Even the draft.

Yet you can find him in game threads and other threads bitching about playcalling, player performance, what plays he would call, etc, like a "normal" fan.

All that analysis and criticism seems odd if you believe it is all rigged to begin with. He's not much different than ramtard--either a huge troll or a huge dipshit.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:53 AM

No I don't.

Re-read the thread

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:54 AM
MLB, NBA, College Sports, and the Olympics all have had cheating or some other bull shit at one time or another.

To say it's never happened or is never going to happen in the NFL is stupid, lets not forget it is entertainment "The Greatest Show On Earth" money to be made everywhere.

The NFL is legally a tax-exempt, 'not for profit' "sports entertainment" franchise facilitator.

Nzoner
01-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Yet you can find him in game threads and other threads bitching about playcalling, player performance, what plays he would call, etc, like a "normal" fan.

All that analysis and criticism seems odd if you believe it is all rigged to begin with. He's not much different than ramtard--either a huge troll or a huge dipshit.

Not defending him but moreso myself.While I don't believe it's totally rigged I do believe pro sports is shady as hell and I'm never in football game threads because I'm normally with friends watching the games and will give my opinions later when I'm alone and killing some time on the web.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 12:02 PM

A flag here, blown call there, pick up the flag...

I watched the game yesterday.

Didn't you guys??

What else am I going to watch??

It's compelling TV. Everything on TV is rigged and manipulated.

I'm just not naive enough to believe that it isn't.

blaise
01-05-2015, 12:23 PM

Didn't you guys??

You're naive enough to believe it is.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 12:26 PM
You're naive enough to believe it is.

Because THAT'S what the NFL wants??

:LOL:

No...

BigChiefFan
01-05-2015, 12:39 PM
It's called a PROGRAM for a reason. Lol.

Hootie
01-05-2015, 12:47 PM
The NFL isn't rigged. The officiating needs to be changed. Refs need to be held accountable and coaches should be able to challenge ANYTHING and the league office is in charge of every review ... no more booth review

-King-
01-05-2015, 12:48 PM

Didn't you guys??

43-8 in the biggest game of last season.

Compelling.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod
01-05-2015, 12:49 PM
The NFL isn't rigged. The officiating needs to be changed. Refs need to be held accountable and coaches should be able to challenge ANYTHING and the league office is in charge of every review ... no more booth review

Haven't you heard? The head of the officials is in on it too.

Andy Reid also.

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2015, 12:55 PM

That's exactly what *they* want you to believe.

*they* (the big matrix).

Hootie
01-05-2015, 01:45 PM
ha. lol

Hootie
01-05-2015, 01:46 PM
I'm over it at this point. Sad that the NFL had to ruin that game, and sad that Romo finally played a "clutch" game and won't get a lick of credit since the officials decided to take the game into their own hands with an awful display.

But I'm happy I get Dallas / Green Bay.

Still hoping for a GB / SEA / DEN / NE final four.

mr. tegu
01-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Didn't you guys??

So now you are saying that The Big Bang Theory is rigged and manipulated. You are just too crazy.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 04:29 PM
So now you are saying that The Big Bang Theory is rigged and manipulated. You are just too crazy.I swear, Sheldon's real name is Jim, and he like the taste of penis.

blaise
01-05-2015, 05:11 PM
The NFL rigged the Detroit punter to only punt it 10 yards after the changed PI call. The whole thing was cleverly orchestrated months ago.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Head of officials said it should have been a penalty and that Dez " could" have been called for unsportsmanlike conduct, but due to how the refs interpreted the calls they could have gone either way ROFL. What kind of a joke operation is this league becoming? Burn the rule book with fire and fire the competition commitee. With as even as this league is it ruins the integrity of the game with these calls.

01-06-2015, 12:46 AM
That was textbook DPI. I can't believe people are saying the defender didn't touch him before the ball got there. LMAO

As far as face guarding or whatever you want to call it. I don't see any problem with it at all. Why does the defender have to FACE the ball to defend it. Stupid rule in college too. Far as I know it isn't against the rules in the NFL but I don't know for certain.

-King-
01-06-2015, 12:59 AM
That was textbook DPI. I can't believe people are saying the defender didn't touch him before the ball got there. LMAO

Could have been OPI too. He was grabbing the defenders facemask.

rabblerouser
01-06-2015, 01:04 AM

Pettigrew pushed off before the defender made contact as well.

rabblerouser
01-06-2015, 01:04 AM
Head of officials said it should have been a penalty and that Dez " could" have been called for unsportsmanlike conduct, but due to how the refs interpreted the calls they could have gone either way ROFL. What kind of a joke operation is this league becoming? Burn the rule book with fire and fire the competition commitee. With as even as this league is it ruins the integrity of the game with these calls.

The NFL has about as much integrity as the WWE these days.

Why Not?
01-06-2015, 01:16 AM

As far as face guarding or whatever you want to call it. I don't see any problem with it at all. Why does the defender have to FACE the ball to defend it. Stupid rule in college too. Far as I know it isn't against the rules in the NFL but I don't know for certain.

Face guarding is not a penalty in the NFL.

01-06-2015, 01:17 AM

Well I can only go by the one gif in this thread that shows it and I don't see a facemask there. Either way, the defender is fucking with the receivers hand as the ball was arriving pushing it away. Thats DPI. If it were anybody but Dallas or Denver that flag doesn't get picked up.

Mav
01-06-2015, 05:08 AM
There was a hold that dean blandino said should of been called. That was an automatic first. Detroit got screwed.

Jimmya
01-06-2015, 06:14 AM
Detroit got screwed but you won't hear 1 complaint down here in Texas. All you hear on the radio is that the Cowboys are superbowl bound.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-06-2015, 09:21 AM
The NFL has about as much integrity as the WWE these days.

It did take Vince McMahon like interference for El way to finally get over the hump by surviving that 97 playoff game in KC. This shit has been going on for years. 10 points taken off the board on bogus calls swings quite a heavy hammmer.

Hootie
01-06-2015, 10:06 AM
I can't stand that every single rule in the rulebook is interpreted 30 different ways by 30 different officials ...

the NFL should really have the networks do away with Carey and Pereira in the booth ...

that was TERRIBLE for the officials this year

there were dozens of times those guys would be like "ok this call is going to stand" and then the call would be overturned.

The Kelce "fumble", in particular.

rabblerouser
01-06-2015, 10:10 AM
It did take Vince McMahon like interference for El way to finally get over the hump by surviving that 97 playoff game in KC. This shit has been going on for years. 10 points taken off the board on bogus calls swings quite a heavy hammmer.

But Lake Dawson is going to be a GM somewhere, so I'm sure he chucks it up as 'part of the game.'

Yeah, for awhile I said 'if we only had instant replay in '97...'

Now, I realize it wouldn't have mattered.

rabblerouser
01-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Face guarding is not a penalty in the NFL.

We've established that, thanks Mike Carey.

Reerun_KC
01-06-2015, 10:22 AM
I can't stand that every single rule in the rulebook is interpreted 30 different ways by 30 different officials ...

the NFL should really have the networks do away with Carey and Pereira in the booth ...

that was TERRIBLE for the officials this year

there were dozens of times those guys would be like "ok this call is going to stand" and then the call would be overturned.

The Kelce "fumble", in particular.

Yes it did really hurt the integrity of the officials to have those guys up there.

Way too many times did they say, I have no idea why they changed to didn't make the call, etc...

Chiefnj2
01-06-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm glad it's rigged. Another week of Chris Christie dry humping Jerry Jones is good tv. This week he will do it with a double fisted kielbasa.

gblowfish
01-06-2015, 11:03 AM
http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-pushed-port-authority-give-contract-jerry-jones-firm-1774154

Less than two years before Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones paid for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s tickets and travel to NFL games, government documents show Christie personally pushed the Port Authority to approve a lucrative contract for a firm part-owned by Jones. Christie nonetheless accepted the gifts from Jones, despite New Jersey ethics rules barring gifts to public officials from persons or entities that those officials “deal with, contact, or regulate in the course of official business.”

On March 19, 2013, Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo issued a press release announcing their selection of Legends Hospitality LLC to operate the observation deck on the top floor of One World Trade Center. The next day, the Port Authority board -- which is appointed by Christie and Cuomo -- specifically cited the governors’ announcement in voting to approve the contract for the company, which is jointly owned by the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees and Checketts Partners Investment Fund.

The Port Authority press release announcing the vote quotes Dallas Cowboys executive Jerry Jones, Jr. as saying: "We are humbled to have been chosen to operate the Observatory Deck."

The Wall Street Journal first reported the news that Jones has business with the Port Authority. That story followed an International Business Times report about how Christie’s acceptance of gifts from Jones may conflict with New Jersey ethics rules because the gifts followed Christie’s administration delivering big tax subsidies to the NFL.

After IBTimes’ report, Christie officials acknowledged that Jones paid for Christie’s travel and tickets to recent Cowboys games. They assert that the gifts are legal under a separate executive order that aims to exempt gifts from “personal friends” of the governor. Christie on Monday said he is considering attending the next Cowboys game in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

According to the Journal, Randy Levine, a board member of Legends Hospitality, said Jones was not involved in the negotiations with Port Authority for the observation deck contract. However, Levine said Jones’ family is a “significant” investor in the firm.

rabblerouser
01-06-2015, 11:29 AM
http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-pushed-port-authority-give-contract-jerry-jones-firm-1774154

Less than two years before Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones paid for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s tickets and travel to NFL games, government documents show Christie personally pushed the Port Authority to approve a lucrative contract for a firm part-owned by Jones. Christie nonetheless accepted the gifts from Jones, despite New Jersey ethics rules barring gifts to public officials from persons or entities that those officials “deal with, contact, or regulate in the course of official business.”

On March 19, 2013, Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo issued a press release announcing their selection of Legends Hospitality LLC to operate the observation deck on the top floor of One World Trade Center. The next day, the Port Authority board -- which is appointed by Christie and Cuomo -- specifically cited the governors’ announcement in voting to approve the contract for the company, which is jointly owned by the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees and Checketts Partners Investment Fund.

The Port Authority press release announcing the vote quotes Dallas Cowboys executive Jerry Jones, Jr. as saying: "We are humbled to have been chosen to operate the Observatory Deck."

The Wall Street Journal first reported the news that Jones has business with the Port Authority. That story followed an International Business Times report about how Christie’s acceptance of gifts from Jones may conflict with New Jersey ethics rules because the gifts followed Christie’s administration delivering big tax subsidies to the NFL.

After IBTimes’ report, Christie officials acknowledged that Jones paid for Christie’s travel and tickets to recent Cowboys games. They assert that the gifts are legal under a separate executive order that aims to exempt gifts from “personal friends” of the governor. Christie on Monday said he is considering attending the next Cowboys game in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

According to the Journal, Randy Levine, a board member of Legends Hospitality, said Jones was not involved in the negotiations with Port Authority for the observation deck contract. However, Levine said Jones’ family is a “significant” investor in the firm.

They're gonna party in Green Bay.

'You wanna come watch the Cowboys win their first ever playoff game in Green Bay??'

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z164/telepicker97/Mobile%20Uploads/1546353_763444633749199_5489722943808285483_n_zps65a92b37.jpg (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/telepicker97/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1546353_763444633749199_5489722943808285483_n_zps65a92b37.jpg.html)

Hootie
01-06-2015, 11:33 AM
It is pretty hilarious that Romo plays a clutch 4th quarter in a playoff game ... completing a very nice pass on 4th and 6 as well as scoring a TD on 3rd and Goal on his 3rd or 4th read and the only thing any one wants to talk about is the terrible officiating (which is very warranted)

Nzoner
01-06-2015, 11:35 AM
It is pretty hilarious that Romo plays a clutch 4th quarter in a playoff game ... completing a very nice pass on 4th and 6 as well as scoring a TD on 3rd and Goal on his 3rd or 4th read and the only thing any one wants to talk about is the terrible officiating (which is very warranted)

Look on the bright side,he has a chance to prove it once again in Green Bay as long as the officials don't **** it up.

rabblerouser
01-06-2015, 11:48 AM

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z164/telepicker97/Mobile%20Uploads/1549382_10153054594723336_633996671566391469_n_zps925893b4.jpg (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/telepicker97/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1549382_10153054594723336_633996671566391469_n_zps925893b4.jpg.html)

It's the truth.