PDA

View Full Version : Poop Describe the worst cold/flu youve ever had

Titty Meat
01-04-2015, 02:08 AM
New Years wore me down. I caught the cold/flu this is miserable I'm laying here baking. Its not the worst ever though.

Several years ago on St Patrick's day I got the worst flu ever. Aching, vertigo, etc. I easily vomited 10 times and was so dizzy I couldn't make it 20 feet to the bathroom thus shitting myself several times.

Discuss.....

listopencil
01-04-2015, 02:20 AM
Never had a cold or a flu take me out like that. Things that did: 1) Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever at the age of 5. 2) Heat stroke as a teenager. 3) Undiagnosed strep throat prompting a late night ER visit in my 20's. 4) A combination of sinus infection, chest infection, dehydration, malnutrition and (unintended) OTC drug overdose in my late 30's.

Psyko Tek
01-04-2015, 03:33 AM
New Years wore me down. I caught the cold/flu this is miserable I'm laying here baking. Its not the worst ever though.

Several years ago on St Patrick's day I got the worst flu ever. Aching, vertigo, etc. I easily vomited 10 times and was so dizzy I couldn't make it 20 feet to the bathroom thus shitting myself several times.

Discuss.....

just sounds like a hangover
man up and get yer ass to work

bevischief
01-04-2015, 04:13 AM
Stop taking the flu shots.

LoneWolf
01-04-2015, 05:25 AM
Stop taking the flu shots.

Why?

bevischief
01-04-2015, 05:57 AM
Why?

Haven't the had flu since I was in the service and was forced to get it the shot. Going on 20 years.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2015, 06:05 AM
About 20 years ago I got the flu so bad I thought it was literally going to kill me. Spent an entire week on my mom's couch and slept 20 hours a day. Had one stretch that I fell out at 8 Tuesday night and didn't wake up until Thursday morning. It was nuts, and I'll never forget it.

BucEyedPea
01-04-2015, 06:28 AM

Discuss.....

I have some virus right now, fever, nausea, headache, delirium, coughing, and body aches. It's gone through the whole family since we caught it from my sister, her husband and 2 little ones who coughed all over everything Christmas day. One half brother of the little ones was actually in the hospital with it. He's a year old and pretty small.

My fever was only high one day and broke at 4 AM yesterday but began to rise again last night but not as high as the first day. Mainly feel tired a lot with a milder headache now.

So I only had it real bad for one day and slept most of that day. Only my sister relapsed and caught something again.

First time in a long time I've caught something like this.

Otter
01-04-2015, 06:32 AM
I have some virus right now, fever, nausea, headache, delirium, coughing, and body aches. It's gone through the whole family since we caught it from my sister, her husband and 2 little ones who coughed all over everything Christmas day. One half brother of the little ones was actually in the hospital with it. He's a year old and pretty small.

My fever was only high one day and broke at 4 AM yesterday but began to rise again last night but not as high as the first day. Mainly feel tired a lot with a milder headache now.

So I only had it real bad for one day and slept most of that day. Only my sister relapsed and caught something again.

First time in a long time I've caught something like this.

How do you know you didn't catch it during the New Years Eve group sex pool party?

BucEyedPea
01-04-2015, 06:46 AM
How do you know you didn't catch it during the New Years Eve group sex pool party?

Oh, you saw that? LMAO

It was incubating at that time, so I probably infected the others and didn't know it. Came down with it Friday.

LoneWolf
01-04-2015, 06:50 AM
Haven't the had flu since I was in the service and was forced to get it the shot. Going on 20 years.

Well, that is overwhelming evidence to suggest others not get a flu shot. :rolleyes:

Fire Me Boy!
01-04-2015, 07:00 AM
I've got two bad ones...

First was four years ago. I was on a work trip to Richmond, VA, and spent the entire time chugging DayQuil, popping cough drops, blowing my nose. The flight home was one of the worst things I've ever experienced in my life - spent the entire flight feeling like I was in a perpetual down and to the left spiral, trying not to vomit. By the time I got to the doc a couple days later, I had a severe sinus infection, bronchitis, and pneumonia.

The last was this past April when pneumonia put me in the hospital in kidney failure.

BucEyedPea
01-04-2015, 07:10 AM
Now my dog appears to be coughing. Or is she choking? Hope she doesn't throw-up.

BucEyedPea
01-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Last flu I had was about 12 years ago.

ptlyon
01-04-2015, 07:57 AM

I feel like that every Chiefs loss

ChiefRocka
01-04-2015, 08:22 AM
I caught I pretty bad case this past November. Worst projectile vomit I've ever had and didn't know which end to hang over the bowl. The aches up and down the spine was pretty horrible...and I smelled like bigfoots dlck.

BossChief
01-04-2015, 08:33 AM
I had it a few weeks back. I almost never get sick, but that took me out.

Luckily I have a bathroom attached to our bedroom or I would have had serious issues

BucEyedPea
01-04-2015, 08:39 AM
My SO just told me five kids have died from this flu.

2bikemike
01-04-2015, 08:40 AM
I have not had the cold or Flu since I flew to KC for a Chiefs game where Kansas City defeated the Kordell Stewart led Pittsburgh Steelers. It was about 10 deg. that day.

Three7s
01-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Worst thing I had was when i was 12. I had pneumonia and dehydration and had to miss something like 2 weeks of school. I can't remember too much about the details since it was about 15 years ago, but I do remember thinking I was going to die several times.

Buehler445
01-04-2015, 10:19 AM
I got put down over Christmas. The 23rd I got the barfs. Got over it by the 25th, but both my ears got infected. Left ear drum ruptured the 25th and right one on the 27th. Had probably the worst sore throat I've ever had and lost my voice for 5 days. I thought it was just because I burped up barf into my throat a bunch but it got worse after the barfs went away. I sneezed on the 26th and thought I was going to die. Christ that hurt bad. Got a bunch of chest congestion and they had to get me prednisone to clean it up. Sinuses were infected with the ears.

That's the first time I've had the gauntlet like that. Normally it's one at a time. It didn't help that wife went to her family's Christmas without me so I was by myself.

Probably the worst barfs I've had was when I was 10 or so. I was whining about my stomach so she gave me pepto. Tossed it 10 minutes later. Never ever puke up pepto.

If we are including non-cold/flu sickness, I had an asthma attack during harvest one year. That was as scared as I've ever been for my life. Been chucked off a tractor. A few car wrecks. Nothing scares me like a bad asthma attack. I was laying down in the car gasping for breath. Every bit of energy I had was being used to bringing air. I was trying as hard as I could and was just getting further behind. That was scary shit. That's as bad as I've been.

DJJasonp
01-04-2015, 10:22 AM
I think the one I've got right now. Started as a sinus infection new year's eve.......and went south from there.

couple nights ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and had to change my shirt. It was so soaked from sweat, it may have left a puddle on the floor.

Now its moved from my head to my throat.

This one sucks - as I understand it, there's a sh*t ton of people sick with the similar stuff right now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2015, 10:25 AM

Discuss.....

If you are puking and shitting yourself, you don't have the flu, which is a respiratory virus; you likely had a norovirus.

I caught a really bad cold a month ago, right as finals were starting. I went to give one final without even showering and quarantined myself in the corner of the room. I alternated bone snapping chills and floods of sweats for several days while spitting up tar-like mucus.

loochy
01-04-2015, 10:30 AM
If you are puking and shitting yourself, you don't have the flu, which is a respiratory virus; you likely had a norovirus.

You beat me to it. For some reason people always refer to gastroenteritis and similar afflictions as the flu. Of course a flu shot won't protectfrom those - iit's not the flu!

ThaVirus
01-04-2015, 10:35 AM
Billay probably caught a stomach virus when he ate some hog's ass off OKCupid. Those shit particles will do a number on your guts.

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 10:36 AM
One of the side benefits of social anxiety and regular hand washing is that I rarely catch colds. I've had a weird thing going on with my sinuses this winter, though.

Worst illness for me was when I was very young. I don't remember it of course, but I was hospitalized for pneumonia a number of times before I was 2. Minor miracle I'm even here. I think that's probably where my white coat syndrome comes from.

Baby Lee
01-04-2015, 11:02 AM
I feel like that every Chiefs loss

You shit your drawers 8 times this year?

Coochie liquor
01-04-2015, 11:08 AM
I usually only get cold symptoms once every few years. When I do it hits me hard for a couple days. So the worst one I've ever had is always the last one.

Buehler445
01-04-2015, 11:10 AM

I caught a really bad cold a month ago, right as finals were starting. I went to give one final without even showering and quarantined myself in the corner of the room. I alternated bone snapping chills and floods of sweats for several days while spitting up tar-like mucus.

I've stopped trying to correct people about flu vs. a stomach bug.

listopencil
01-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Oh, you saw that? LMAO

We all saw it. You forgot to turn your webcam off.

Dayze
01-04-2015, 11:44 AM
My work was filled with idiots coming to work even though they were too sick to do so. The proclaiming " I haven't missed a day of work since xxxxx". So, some sort of sickness spread through our work like the plague. I managed to hang on for the past 7 days, constantly feeling like I was on the verge of experiencing full blown AIDS. Finally think I'm over it mad getting back to normal.

Titty Meat
01-04-2015, 11:45 AM

That was several years ago. I currently have the sweats and coughing up shit that looks like it's from Chernobyl.

mlyonsd
01-04-2015, 12:10 PM
My work was filled with idiots coming to work even though they were too sick to do so. The proclaiming " I haven't missed a day of work since xxxxx". So, some sort of sickness spread through our work like the plague. I managed to hang on for the past 7 days, constantly feeling like I was on the verge of experiencing full blown AIDS. Finally think I'm over it mad getting back to normal.
Our company changed a few years back from paid sick leave to a PTO system. If you're sick or on vacation it counts the same. The down side to that is people come to work when they're sick and contagious because they consider it losing a day of vacation.

Seriously annoying.

loochy
01-04-2015, 01:17 PM
My SO just told me five kids have died from this flu.

Thanks a lot Obama.

Demonpenz
01-04-2015, 01:25 PM
I always go to work no matter what. You can get paid to be sick or not be paid to be sick. Mine as well get paid.

GordonGekko
01-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Our company changed a few years back from paid sick leave to a PTO system. If you're sick or on vacation it counts the same. The down side to that is people come to work when they're sick and contagious because they consider it losing a day of vacation.

Seriously annoying.

A lot of companies do this, and you don't get the days up front, you have to "earn" them by accruing them over time. This is why people come in, they feel like they are losing an investment of their time if they don't.

Fire Me Boy!
01-04-2015, 02:08 PM
I always go to work no matter what. You can get paid to be sick or not be paid to be sick. Mine as well get paid.

I get paid to be sick. And it's a use it or lose it proposition, so I'll use it, thankyouverymuch.

BucEyedPea
01-04-2015, 08:20 PM
I don't think it's right to go to work if sick out of courtesy for others.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Haven't had more than mild cold since I was probably 7 or 8. Grown man immune system.

Never had food poisoning either.

kcxiv
01-04-2015, 08:27 PM
about 2 years ago. it lasted 2 fucking weeks. I couldnt get out of bed. I thought i was fucking dying. I asked my doctor can this shit get any worse. lol he goes, did you have diarrhea? i said nope, he goes, then it could get worse. I never ever been that sick in my life. It was so bad that when i was sleeping i was having dreams of deamons and shit, wake up in the middle of the night trippen out. haha

salame
01-05-2015, 03:20 AM
During the whole SWINE FLU OMG outbreak I had H1N1.
I had a really high fever and couldn't get my shit together enough to form a sentence and had to go the the ER. My fever was so high that I was hallucinating. I also had Pnemonia...at the same time. I thought I might die in the damn hospital. Scary shit.

Dartgod
01-05-2015, 08:50 AM
I haven't had the flu in years. I honestly don't remember the last time I caught it. And I never get a flu shot.

Until this year. It wasn't too bad though. It put me down for about 3 days and I missed a couple of days of work. Slight fever, chills, sweats and vertigo.

kepp
01-05-2015, 10:58 AM

Ugh...we have those people where I work. One guy came in a couple weeks ago, sweating/coughing/barely able to keep his head up. Idiocy. The boss made him go home. Then...surprise, surprise...a few days later the people on either side of him get sick.

Titty Meat
01-05-2015, 11:01 AM
I woke up drenched in sweat last night. I don't feel as sick today just weak. Said fuck it and called out for the day.

kepp
01-05-2015, 11:17 AM

Seriously annoying.
My company changed to a PTO policy I really like. Basically, there is no hard limit on PTO (which includes sick time) you can take. But if it is determined that someone is abusing it, or their work/productivity is hurting, they'll undergo a review/probation period. Its makes sense and most people here like it.

Buehler445
01-05-2015, 11:37 AM
My company changed to a PTO policy I really like. Basically, there is no hard limit on PTO (which includes sick time) you can take. But if it is determined that someone is abusing it, or their work/productivity is hurting, they'll undergo a review/probation period. Its makes sense and most people here like it.

Eh, if they actually review it. When I was at Cabela's there was no sick time, just don't come if you're sick. It was getting abused by a couple folks, and nothing came of it. They might have changed that by now.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 11:40 AM
With our sick leave.....if you're out sick more than 72 hours...you have to bring a doctor's note in.