PDA

View Full Version : Weather WTF 9 Degrees?!?

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 09:33 AM
I was just about to head outside, maybe take a walk. It looks pretty bright and sunny, thought it might be a nice day. And weather.com tells me it's 9 fucking degrees outside? Fuck you weather.

That is all.

Bwana
01-04-2015, 09:40 AM
That's shorts and flip flop weather Kyle. :)

Katipan
01-04-2015, 09:41 AM
We're at 8 degrees you lucky bastard.

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 09:42 AM
That's shorts and flip flop weather Kyle. :)Only if you're one of those Celsius communists!

Bwana
01-04-2015, 09:43 AM

1 here -10 wind chill and 100% chance of snow. PBJ

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.765606992288184&lon=-108.544921875&site=byz&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en#.VKlenk0tCos

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Was -9 wind chill here, but it's gotten up to a balmy -8. No snow anywhere in the forecast. Which is kind of a shame. I like snow.

Katipan
01-04-2015, 09:46 AM
1 here -10 wind chill and 100% chance of snow. PBJ

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.765606992288184&lon=-108.544921875&site=byz&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en#.VKlenk0tCos

Do you guys get a lot of sun? We get a vulgar amount of sun.
Never knew cold could be so gorgeous.

Bwana
01-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Only if you're one of those Celsius communists!

On that note, perhaps these guys could help with your problem? Your ears won't fall off and it will keep your neighbors guessing.

http://www.furhatworld.com/russian-hats-c-42_45.html

Hammock Parties
01-04-2015, 09:47 AM
I had this idea that I was going to walk to brunch today. Or even drive.

Nope. Fuck you. Staying inside.

Bwana
01-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Do you guys get a lot of sun? We get a vulgar amount of sun.
Never knew cold could be so gorgeous.

Yeah it's not to bad around here in the sun department, but I'm always game for more.

2bikemike
01-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Currently 45 Deg. on its way to a high of 69 deg. Sunny and Clear.

Coochie liquor
01-04-2015, 09:51 AM
75 and sunny here. Might hit the beach later.

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 09:56 AM
On that note, perhaps these guys could help with your problem? Your ears won't fall off and it will keep your neighbors guessing.
I'm actually still heading out. No fur hat, comrade!

I've found over the years that it doesn't really matter whether it's 20 or 2, cold is just cold. The worst part is my face, but that's why I have a beard. Couple of pairs of sweats, couple of pairs of socks, keep moving, and it's all good.

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 10:01 AM
We are a big country. Not everyone gets to have consistent 75 degree days in January. :p

ThaVirus
01-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Going to be 81 here today. Currently 79. :)

Bwana
01-04-2015, 10:03 AM

I've found over the years that it doesn't really matter whether it's 20 or 2, cold is just cold. The worst part is my face, but that's why I have a beard. Couple of pairs of sweats, couple of pairs of socks, keep moving, and it's all good.

Good for you and you're right about the cold once it hits that 20 degrees, below zero doesn't feel much different. The deal breaker comes when there is a stiff wind with those temps.

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 10:05 AM
There's always wind here. It's like a goddamn wind tunnel.

Fortunately I can walk a half mile through a tree-covered suburban neighborhood down to a wooded trail along a creek, so the wind is broken up a bit. The positive of no snow is that it means there's no ice.

srvy
01-04-2015, 10:13 AM
75 and sunny here. Might hit the beach later.

I hope a Narwhal cornholes you while you take your dip in the ocean.

Chief_For_Life58
01-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Accuweather is telling me Lawrence is -17 today with 25 mph winds. Much warmth

Bwana
01-04-2015, 10:18 AM
There's always wind here. It's like a goddamn wind tunnel.

Fortunately I can walk a half mile through a tree-covered suburban neighborhood down to a wooded trail along a creek, so the wind is broken up a bit. The positive of no snow is that it means there's no ice.

I'm going to have to head out there for the whole snow removal exercise myself here soon. I was waiting for a Chinook, but I think I'm SOL.

Buehler445
01-04-2015, 10:24 AM

If beg to differ. I've been cold enough to know the difference. Half hour or so isn't bad. All day is. Particularly if there is no sun and wind. Or water.

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 10:26 AM
If beg to differ. I've been cold enough to know the difference. Half hour or so isn't bad. All day is. Particularly if there is no sun and wind. Or water.I'll be out around two hours. That's usually my limit in any conditions. Start to get electronic entertainment withdrawal, twitching like a crack head. LMAO

I'l be moving around though. If it was something like a ball game (just an example, not saying that's what you were describing...) where I'd be sitting still for hours in single digit weather there's no way I'd go outside.

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm going to have to head out there for the whole snow removal exercise myself here soon. I was waiting for a Chinook, but I think I'm SOL.What do the elderly people up there do about snow removal? Die of heart attacks? Serious question. Seems to be a threat to them, not just manual labor.

Buehler445
01-04-2015, 11:20 AM
I'll be out around two hours. That's usually my limit in any conditions. Start to get electronic entertainment withdrawal, twitching like a crack head. LMAO

I'l be moving around though. If it was something like a ball game (just an example, not saying that's what you were describing...) where I'd be sitting still for hours in single digit weather there's no way I'd go outside.

Nah. The coldest I've been is working, not ballgames.

Bugeater
01-04-2015, 11:22 AM
It's January in the midwest, not sure why this would surprise you.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2015, 11:23 AM
It's January in the midwest, not sure why this would surprise you.

Yep.

This is the tradeoff for 70 degree days in May.

I'll take it.

Bugeater
01-04-2015, 11:23 AM
And all you warm weather jackholes need to stfu. If no one lived in the midwest y'all would starve to death.

displacedinMN
01-04-2015, 11:25 AM
whiners!!!!

http://weather.rms.rdale.org/OutsideTempHistory.gif
http://weather.rms.rdale.org/WindChillHistory.gif

Will be at or below zero all week with wind chill

http://weather.rms.rdale.org

Bugeater
01-04-2015, 11:28 AM
whiners!!!!

http://weather.rms.rdale.org/OutsideTempHistory.gif
http://weather.rms.rdale.org/WindChillHistory.gif

Will be at or below zero all week with wind chill

http://weather.rms.rdale.org
I don't know how you people up north deal with that shit. It's bad enough here.

Bwana
01-04-2015, 11:29 AM
What do the elderly people up there do about snow removal? Die of heart attacks? Serious question. Seems to be a threat to them, not just manual labor.

I try to take care of a few of them around my area when I have time, but most to them have decent snow blowers. I had some 16 HP beastly snow blower and I sent it down the road last year. I replaced it with a light weight Toro that weighs in and about a tenth of the weigh and gets the job done. That big one I sold off last year was a real pain to move around.

If we end up really getting drilled, I can always throw a snow blade on one of my ATV's which is also a pain.

Buehler445
01-04-2015, 11:37 AM
I try to take care of a few of them around my area when I have time, but most to them have decent snow blowers. I had some 16 HP beastly snow blower and I sent it down the road last year. I replaced it with a light weight Toro that weighs in and about a tenth of the weigh and gets the job done. That big one I sold off last year was a real pain to move around.

If we end up really getting drilled, I can always throw a snow blade on one of my ATV's which is also a pain.

I thought about rigging my ATV up with one, but never did. Do you have to run chains on your rig?

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 11:37 AM

If we end up really getting drilled, I can always throw a snow blade on one of my ATV's which is also a pain.Yeah, I guess a snow blower would be essential for those who shoveling snow could be life threatening.

We had a retired teacher on our cul-de-sac and he insisted that he use his snow blower to do all of our driveways and the sidewalks. He had been doing that before I moved into the neighborhood. He seemed in shape and loved doing it. He always got a bunch of my wife's homemade fudge at Christmas time.

displacedinMN
01-04-2015, 11:39 AM
I don't know how you people up north deal with that shit. It's bad enough here.

another layer. Let the car warm up. Turn up the heat.

Last year was worse. Low temp of -25, wind chill of -40.
It makes the 20-30 degree days seem warm

When it hit 50, people were in shorts, riding motorcycles and sweating.

displacedinMN
01-04-2015, 11:42 AM
this week in MPLS

This Afternoon

Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -1. Wind chill values as low as -24. West northwest wind around 15 mph.
Tonight

Mostly clear, with a low around -12. Wind chill values as low as -29. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Monday

A 40 percent chance of snow after 3pm. Increasing clouds and cold, with a high near 1. Wind chill values as low as -29. West wind around 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
Monday Night

Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around -6. Wind chill values as low as -18. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tuesday

Patchy blowing snow after 10am. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 5. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday Night

Patchy blowing snow before 5am. Partly cloudy, with a low around -13. Northwest wind around 15 mph.
Wednesday

Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -3. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around -12. South southwest wind around 10 mph.
Thursday

Partly sunny, with a high near 12. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
Thursday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around -4. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Friday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 6. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
Friday Night

A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. West wind around 10 mph.
Saturday

A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 13. Southwest wind around 10 mph.

Donger
01-04-2015, 11:42 AM

Yeah, but it's a dry cold.

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Yep.

This is the tradeoff for 70 degree days in May.

I'll take it.As anyone who has vacationed in Florida during the summer knows, we have to deal with oppressive heat in June-August. It's really not that bad in the shade. But, if you are not in the shade, you had better be at the beach or in the pool. Standing in line for hours on the hot concrete at Universal Studios, Disney, Sea World etc. ouch.:shake:

Our payback is 75-80 degree days Nov.-mid March.

displacedinMN
This is the time I usually post this about Minnesota weather
Long so it is Spoilered

THE MINNESOTA TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART
>
>60 Above
>
>New Jerseyites try to turn on the heat
>
>People in Minn. plant gardens
>
>50 Above
>
>Californians shiver uncontrollably
>
>People in Minn. sunbathe
>
>40 Above
>
>Italian and English cars won't start
>
>People in Minn. drive with the windows down
>
>32 Above
>
>Distilled water freezes
>
>Lake Mille Lacs water gets thicker
>
>20 Above
>
>Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats
>
>People in Minn. throw on a flannel shirt
>
>15 Above
>
>Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat
>
>People in Minn. have the last cookout before it gets too cold
>
>Zero
>
>People in Miami all die
>
>Minnesotans lick the flagpole
>
>20 Below
>
>Iowans fly away to Mexico
>
>People in MN get out their winter coats
>
>40 Below
>
>Hollywood disintegrates
>
>The Girl Scouts in MN are selling cookies door to door
>

>60 Below
>
>Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic
>
>MN Boy Scouts postpone "winter Survival" classes until it gets cold
>enough
>
>80 Below
>
>Mt. St. Helen's freezes
>
>People in MN rent some videos
>
>100 Below
>
>Santa Claus abandons the North Pole
>
>Minnesotans get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg
>
>297 Below
>
>Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products
>
>Cows in MN complain about farmers with cold hands
>
>460 Below
>
>All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin Scale)
>
>People in MN start saying "cold nuff for ya?"
>
>500 Below
>
>Hell freezes over
>
>The Minnesota Vikings win the Super Bowl .

Bowser
Hey Floridians!

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Fight-for-your-right-to%E2%80%A6give-the-finger.jpg

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 11:52 AM
This is the time I usually post this about Minnesota weather
Long so it is Spoilered

THE MINNESOTA TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART
>
>60 Above
>
>New Jerseyites try to turn on the heat
>
>People in Minn. plant gardens
>
>50 Above
>
>Californians shiver uncontrollably
>
>People in Minn. sunbathe
>
>40 Above
>
>Italian and English cars won't start
>
>People in Minn. drive with the windows down
>
>32 Above
>
>Distilled water freezes
>
>Lake Mille Lacs water gets thicker
>
>20 Above
>
>Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats
>
>People in Minn. throw on a flannel shirt
>
>15 Above
>
>Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat
>
>People in Minn. have the last cookout before it gets too cold
>
>Zero
>
>People in Miami all die
>
>Minnesotans lick the flagpole
>
>20 Below
>
>Iowans fly away to Mexico
>
>People in MN get out their winter coats
>
>40 Below
>
>Hollywood disintegrates
>
>The Girl Scouts in MN are selling cookies door to door
>

>60 Below
>
>Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic
>
>MN Boy Scouts postpone "winter Survival" classes until it gets cold
>enough
>
>80 Below
>
>Mt. St. Helen's freezes
>
>People in MN rent some videos
>
>100 Below
>
>Santa Claus abandons the North Pole
>
>Minnesotans get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg
>
>297 Below
>
>Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products
>
>Cows in MN complain about farmers with cold hands
>
>460 Below
>
>All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin Scale)
>
>People in MN start saying "cold nuff for ya?"
>
>500 Below
>
>Hell freezes over
>
>The Minnesota Vikings win the Super Bowl .20 Above
Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats

I remember my last winter in KC. After a long snowy week that the sun come out and it was like 35 and I was out in shorts. Now, if it gets below 60 these days, I get cold. No BS.

booger
01-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Cold bitch out there. Freeze your pecker off type windchill

displacedinMN
01-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Had a mtdew outside for an hour-it is now frozen

This was last year during the cold

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=691552070865309&set=vb.488461314507720&type=2&theater

ptlyon
01-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Finally got to zero here. Just got done cleaning up a couple of inches of snow and it looks like I get to do it again Tuesday.

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Wasn't too bad, got about 4 miles in.

Weirdest thing was I saw a postal van. It's Sunday isn't it?

displacedinMN
01-04-2015, 11:58 AM
20 Above
Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats

I remember my last winter in KC. After a long snowy week that the sun come out and it was like 35 and I was out in shorts. Now, if it gets below 60 these days, I get cold. No BS.

You just need to spend a few years here and build that epidermal fat layer.

We have kids move here from Africa. I always wonder WHY! don't they know what can happen here? Talk about opposite climate.

Bowser
01-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Wasn't too bad, got about 4 miles in.

Weirdest thing was I saw a postal van. It's Sunday isn't it?

I think they were supposed to start Sunday deliveries this year on a limited basis. Priority packages and such.

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 12:01 PM
I think they were supposed to start Sunday deliveries this year on a limited basis. Priority packages and such.I got enough trouble keeping track of the days of the week without the US postal service showing up on sundays.

Eleazar
01-04-2015, 12:07 PM
It's supposed to be 80 here today :bolt:

ptlyon
01-04-2015, 01:04 PM

You poor bastard. I sweat when it's that hot.

Buehler445
01-04-2015, 01:08 PM

Jesus fuck. I can't deal with that kind of heat 12 months a year. F that S.

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Jesus fuck. I can't deal with that kind of heat 12 months a year. F that S.I'd rather deal with the heat than snow and ice. Just stop somewhere to get a cup of coffee and bust your ass in the parking lot. Some dipshit going to fast on slick streets clips you, black ice, ending up in a ditch in a snowstorm....... heat doesn't seem so bad to me.:rolleyes:

lewdog
01-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Jesus fuck. I can't deal with that kind of heat 12 months a year. F that S.

If you don't work outside for a living, it's pretty fucking awesome.

Buehler445
01-04-2015, 01:18 PM
I'd rather deal with the heat than snow and ice. Just stop somewhere to get a cup of coffee and bust your ass in the parking lot. Some dipshit going to fast on slick streets clips you, black ice, ending up in a ditch in a snowstorm....... heat doesn't seem so bad to me.:rolleyes:

You can haz. I don't do heat very well. And it never snows here. Very infrequently do I have to deal with ice. Plus, a lot of days in the winter it is 20/40 with sun, and that is freaking gorgeous.

Buehler445
01-04-2015, 01:22 PM
If you don't work outside for a living, it's pretty fucking awesome.

Maybe where you are, but not with humidity. I went to college in Emporia and summers there damn near killed my ass. Walking to class and work, even in the morning made me sweat my damned nutbag off. It is flat out miserable being sweaty all day.

And son of a bitch, working out outside is just retarded. I love to ride my bike, and it is just miserable even in the middle of the fucking night in the summer time. I can't imagine living where there is humidity and it never cools down.

Plus, fuck never being able to dry off. Ever.

displacedinMN
01-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Has not been above 0 since 6am. Not anywhere close to a record, but cold.
very clear sky and strong wind.

-12 tonight. Makes the MtDEW slushy for the first day back to school!!!!

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Has not been above 0 since 6am. Not anywhere close to a record, but cold.
very clear sky and strong wind.

-12 tonight. Makes the MtDEW slushy for the first day back to school!!!!Damn man don't end up like this guy.
http://memecrunch.com/image/50ff44a7afa96f783c00004c.jpg?w=400

BucEyedPea
01-04-2015, 04:38 PM
It's 80° and very humid. Ugh! For this time of year.

BucEyedPea
01-04-2015, 04:40 PM
As anyone who has vacationed in Florida during the summer knows, we have to deal with oppressive heat in June-August. It's really not that bad in the shade. But, if you are not in the shade, you had better be at the beach or in the pool. Standing in line for hours on the hot concrete at Universal Studios, Disney, Sea World etc. ouch.:shake:

Our payback is 75-80 degree days Nov.-mid March.

It's mainly August that's like a sauna. Further inland here it gets more oppressive. But I had flown down here once in July when it was hotter in Boston when it was less hot down here.

It isn't always in the 80's here this time of year. It can get chilly. But that's like in the mid thirties and forties.

displacedinMN
01-04-2015, 04:40 PM
It's 80° and very humid. Ugh! For this time of year.

There is a happy medium around somewhere

I was in Huntsville, ALA at Space camp for Educators-Mid June
My GOD the humidity and heat.

I think I will take the cold and our summers.

notorious
01-04-2015, 04:43 PM
I will take 100 degrees over 10 every day of the week.

Bearcat
01-04-2015, 04:44 PM
I'd rather deal with the heat than snow and ice. Just stop somewhere to get a cup of coffee and bust your ass in the parking lot. Some dipshit going to fast on slick streets clips you, black ice, ending up in a ditch in a snowstorm....... heat doesn't seem so bad to me.:rolleyes:

That's not terribly common though (for KC)... even when the snow starts to pile up, the roads are really only a pain for a day or maybe two. You're probably talking about one pain in the ass snow day in KC for every month of hot and humid shit in Florida. Of course, it's 15 degrees right now and the high later this week is supposed to be 9, so there's that...

displacedinMN
01-04-2015, 04:46 PM
I will take 100 degrees over 10 every day of the week.

I can always add clothes to stay warm. There are only so many that I can take off before someone complains.

On this day in weather history...

1981: Air cold enough to freeze a mercury thermometer pours into Minnesota. Tower hits 45 below zero.

gblowfish
01-04-2015, 05:21 PM
I just scraped all the ice off my wife's car for her drive to work tomorrow, and put down the rock salt on the sidewalks. Cold out there man....

BigRedChief
01-04-2015, 05:24 PM
That's not terribly common though (for KC)... even when the snow starts to pile up, the roads are really only a pain for a day or maybe two. You're probably talking about one pain in the ass snow day in KC for every month of hot and humid shit in Florida. Of course, it's 15 degrees right now and the high later this week is supposed to be 9, so there's that...I was just talking about the worse parts of cold and heat. If I get a choice and most people do, for me anyway, I'll take the summer heat over the cold winter.

beach tribe
01-04-2015, 05:28 PM
had to put this here.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AbT2T6sUOjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

displacedinMN
01-04-2015, 05:56 PM
ROFL

Thanks for that.
I wish I could play that for some kids. At the beginning of the year, I have to tell them "there are stupid questions" Like-"what are we doing today?"
Hmmm. It's school. This is Science. I hope learn!!!

rep coming

bevischief
01-04-2015, 06:11 PM
My bassets love this.

displacedinMN
01-05-2015, 06:54 PM
still not above zero.

May be above zero tomorrow, but high of -3 on Wednesday.

Buehler445
01-05-2015, 07:08 PM
still not above zero.

May be above zero tomorrow, but high of -3 on Wednesday.

Not suitable for human habitation.

LoneWolf
01-05-2015, 07:21 PM
I have to drive to Benson, MN tomorrow for work and stay there until next Tuesday. Nothing worse than staying in a piece of shit town when it's below freezing.

displacedinMN
01-05-2015, 07:58 PM
above zero!!!!

displacedinMN
01-05-2015, 08:00 PM
I have to drive to Benson, MN tomorrow for work and stay there until next Tuesday. Nothing worse than staying in a piece of shit town when it's below freezing.

Yuck. Bring warm clothes. Wednesday will be COLD!!!!!!

Had snow in Iowa, I29 may be goofy.

LoneWolf
01-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Yuck. Bring warm clothes. Wednesday will be COLD!!!!!!

Had snow in Iowa, I29 may be goofy.

Thankfully I'll only have to survive the walk from my vehicle to the building and from my vehicle to the hotel. First time I've been to this factory. I hope the secretary booked a hotel with a good bar and a gym.

rockymtnchief
01-05-2015, 08:22 PM
I had the most miserable drive outside Livingston Montana last night. It took me 40 minutes to go 5 miles on the interstate. Most of the time, I was completely stopped and not sure if I was on the road anymore.

I've been through worse, but it was on 2-lane roads and a snow plow hadn't been through yet. This was on plowed interstate. At one time, I opened my door and couldn't see the road next to the truck.

stevieray
01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
I had the most miserable drive outside Livingston Montana last night. It took me 40 minutes to go 5 miles on the interstate. Most of the time, I was completely stopped and not sure if I was on the road anymore.

I've been through worse, but it was on 2-lane roads and a snow plow hadn't been through yet. This was on plowed interstate. At one time, I opened my door and couldn't see the road next to the truck.

DAMN!

...a few years ago in Colorado...

rockymtnchief
01-05-2015, 09:27 PM
DAMN!

...a few years ago in Colorado...

Those days suck! About 6 years ago, I got up at 3:00 am to start digging out the work truck. I gave up around noon.

displacedinMN
01-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Thankfully I'll only have to survive the walk from my vehicle to the building and from my vehicle to the hotel. First time I've been to this factory. I hope the secretary booked a hotel with a good bar and a gym.

Country Inn in Benson
Better luck in Wilmar

Welcome to the North Country!

Bwana
01-05-2015, 09:39 PM
I thought about rigging my ATV up with one, but never did. Do you have to run chains on your rig?

Nope

Deberg_1990
01-05-2015, 09:40 PM
I just scraped all the ice off my wife's car for her drive to work tomorrow, and put down the rock salt on the sidewalks. Cold out there man....

I can't say I miss that. :)

Simplicity
01-05-2015, 09:43 PM
4 degrees here with a fuck ton of snow... What's good bros?

Simplicity
01-05-2015, 09:45 PM
People got their sleds out rippin it in the ditches. Too bad I favor dirtbikes over sleds. Looks like fun.

Bwana
01-05-2015, 09:48 PM

Been there and those drives flat out suck. I'm over in Sioux Falls SD right now and it's one snowy cold son of a bitch. It looks like the winds are going to be picking up for the next few days which means there are going to be some -37 wind chills. I thought Montana was cold, hell I'll likely get home where it's -1 and break out the shorts, wife beater and flip flops.

stevieray
01-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Those days suck! About 6 years ago, I got up at 3:00 am to start digging out the work truck. I gave up around noon.

ouch

Buehler445
01-05-2015, 09:49 PM
I would really like some heavy wet snow.

stevieray
01-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Nope

one of the best times I've had were riding polaris 500's on the snow in the mountains...talk about a kick in the pants!

Simplicity
01-05-2015, 09:51 PM
I would really like some heavy wet snow.

Pack up and move to Iowa ASAP bro.

Bwana
one of the best times I've had were riding polaris 500's on the snow in the mountains...talk about a kick in the pants!

Oh it's fantastic if one avoids large rocks!

BigRedChief
Been there and those drives flat out suck. I'm over in Sioux Falls SD right now and it's one snowy cold son of a bitch. It looks like the winds are going to be picking up for the next few days which means there are going to be some -37 wind chills. I thought Montana was cold, hell I'll likely get home where it's -1 and break out the shorts, wife beater and flip flops.:spock: You guys are nuts living in that cold ass mess.

stevieray
01-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Oh it's fantastic if one avoids large rocks!

..and trees!

:D

p.s. throwing snow fishtails on honda 3 wheelers...AHA!

Buehler445
01-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Pack up and move to Iowa ASAP bro.

Can't afford the farmland up there dude.

And tile would fuck up my life.

LoneWolf
01-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Country Inn in Benson
Better luck in Wilmar

Welcome to the North Country!

Holy shit, that is in fact where I'm staying. I just looked at their website. If I don't pull a Robin Williams by the end of my stay, it will be a miracle.

GloryDayz
01-05-2015, 09:55 PM
That's shorts and flip flop weather Kyle. :)LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO Rep!

Bwana
01-05-2015, 09:56 PM
..and trees!

:D

p.s. throwing snow fishtails on honda 3 wheelers...AHA!

Yeah and other bad things that can make you go from 50 to 0 instantly. :reaper:

GloryDayz
01-05-2015, 09:59 PM
I loved the cold weekend. Spent plenty of time outside! You can't waste this time of year, the summer and the heat will be here soon enough!

Took the younger son on a nature hike looking for deer and other tracks, and even showed him how to make a bird's net and then light it with a flint-and-steel. Never easy without time to dry it, but we persisted and got it going...

rockymtnchief
01-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Been there and those drives flat out suck. I'm over in Sioux Falls SD right now and it's one snowy cold son of a bitch. It looks like the winds are going to be picking up for the next few days which means there are going to be some -37 wind chills. I thought Montana was cold, hell I'll likely get home where it's -1 and break out the shorts, wife beater and flip flops.

I worked in WSS last week in -26 weather. I never found out what the wind chill was. Today, the snow was melting and it RAINED! No snow.

GloryDayz
01-05-2015, 10:40 PM

Hit-up the bar part of Craford's downtown on the east side of S. Phillips Ave. between 10th St. and 11th St.. That's the bar that showed me how to torch the wood plank to season a glass for scotch...

And Monks House of Ale Repute east of the river on 8th street (literally just a block/1000 feet east of the bridge on 8th street) has a great beer selection and pretty good pizza.

I love that town... It's a lot like Fargo, and that's a good thing...

Bwana
01-05-2015, 10:52 PM
Hit-up the bar part of Craford's downtown on the east side of S. Phillips Ave. between 10th St. and 11th St.. That's the bar that showed me how to torch the wood plank to season a glass for scotch...

And Monks House of Ale Repute east of the river on 8th street (literally just a block/1000 feet east of the bridge on 8th street) has a great beer selection and pretty good pizza.

I love that town... It's a lot like Fargo, and that's a good thing...

I'll check into it thanks!

Bwana
01-05-2015, 10:52 PM
I worked in WSS last week in -26 weather. I never found out what the wind chill was. Today, the snow was melting and it RAINED! No snow.

I would welcome rain right now, :)

keg in kc
01-06-2015, 06:24 AM
You can haz. I don't do heat very well. And it never snows here. Very infrequently do I have to deal with ice. Plus, a lot of days in the winter it is 20/40 with sun, and that is freaking gorgeous.I'm with you, it doesn't snow much here and I do not do well in high temps. The only thing I prefer about summer is light lasting until 9 pm. Give me daylight savings year round. Dark mornings are fine, dark at five pm can blow me. All in all spring is my time of year, at least minus the storms. Love 60-70 degree days.

Fairplay
01-06-2015, 08:49 AM
I thank my martial arts training years ago to this.
I condition myself to block out the cold it's mind over matter really.
I still wear a coat and all but I find it amusing to see others shaking and it doesn't really bother me at all. I can be out in freezing temperatures for a long time.

ptlyon
01-06-2015, 09:03 AM
I thank my martial arts training years ago to this.
I condition myself to block out the cold it's mind over matter really.
I still wear a coat and all but I find it amusing to see others shaking and it doesn't really bother me at all. I can be out in freezing temperatures for a long time.

Whatever, grasshopper

BIG_DADDY
01-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Taking my boy to Disneyland. It will be in the 70's. I think like mid to high 70's today.

keg in kc
01-06-2015, 09:25 AM
I was premature with this thread. Forecast high of six tomorrow.

BIG_DADDY
01-06-2015, 09:27 AM

Fuck that. I will stay in Woodside forever, the one exception being potentially San Diego which actually might happen. I like the mountains a lot though so unless I am buying a house on the beach with a pool I am not moving.

01-07-2015, 06:16 AM
Yep, its cold out there

Eleazar
01-07-2015, 06:22 AM
It's 40 in Florida. They might declare a state of emergency.

01-07-2015, 06:36 AM
It's 40 in Florida. They might declare a state of emergency.

jogging weather

SPchief
01-07-2015, 07:30 AM
Yeah, fuck this shit

BigRedChief
01-07-2015, 07:39 AM
It's 40 in Florida. They might declare a state of emergency.Suppose to be 65 here today. It was cold this morning. Bet people are wearing parkas and down jackets today.

Buehler445
01-07-2015, 07:48 AM
Sweater weather :D
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/sexy-sweater-puppies-0.jpg

InChiefsHeaven
01-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Gonna be -20 or more with the wind today...yay midwest!

SPchief
01-07-2015, 07:56 AM
Sweater weather :D
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/sexy-sweater-puppies-0.jpg

If I see a girl only wearing that today, I'll drop my pants and ask her to fuck me on spot

Bwana
01-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Gonna be -20 or more with the wind today...yay midwest!

Yeah I have a couple a sweet travel days around here myself. :D Lots of red warnings up top.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.54996639900048&lon=-96.70032964599966&site=all&smap=1#.VK1X1mcU9LN

BigRedChief
01-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Yeah I have a couple a sweet travel days around her myself. :D Lots of red warnings up top.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.54996639900048&lon=-96.70032964599966&site=all&smap=1#.VK1X1mcU9LN-31 wind chill????
http://www.forumspile.com/OMFG-Argh.jpg

notorious
01-07-2015, 09:11 AM
When I look at our temp of -10 with wind chill, all that I have to do is check temps up north and find that it's not so bad after all.

"But you can put more clothes on!". Yeah, right. Try working in this shit.

keg in kc
01-07-2015, 09:16 AM
It's like God decided She wanted me to talk myself out of walking to the gym and biking today.

notorious
01-07-2015, 09:19 AM
It's like God decided She wanted me to talk myself out of walking to the gym and biking today.

LMAO

"Time to start losing weight!"

(Looks outside, sighs, slowly walks to cupboard and grabs a bag of Doritos)

"Fuck it, I will start tomorrow"

BossChief
01-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Cold

AndChiefs
01-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Cold

They should use that more often. "Models are not agreeing."

It could be anywhere from 35 to 70 today with a possible chance of clouds or sun.

keg in kc
01-07-2015, 12:21 PM
LMAO

"Time to start losing weight!"

(Looks outside, sighs, slowly walks to cupboard and grabs a bag of Doritos)

"**** it, I will start tomorrow"Not quite that bad. Today's my first rest day of 2015. 3 bike rides and 3 4-mile walks so far. Was probably good to take a break from the riding anyway, calves had been sore for two days.

No junk food in the house. Still having 12-24 oz of Dr pepper a day, helping me keep my sleep settled, but no candy or cookies or sweets of any kind so far, either. And I'm twitching like a recovering addict because of it.

notorious
01-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Not quite that bad. Today's my first rest day of 2015. 3 bike rides and 3 4-mile walks so far. Was probably good to take a break from the riding anyway, calves had been sore for two days.

No junk food in the house. Still having 12-24 oz of Dr pepper a day, helping me keep my sleep settled, but no candy or cookies or sweets of any kind so far, either. And I'm twitching like a recovering addict because of it.

I was talking about ME this morning!

keg in kc
01-07-2015, 02:20 PM
I was talking about ME this morning!LMAO

You've made me want some Doritos.

Fucker.

BigRedChief
01-07-2015, 05:55 PM
When I look at our temp of -10 with wind chill, all that I have to do is check temps up north and find that it's not so bad after all.

"But you can put more clothes on!". Yeah, right. Try working in this shit.It's suppose to be a low of 38 tonight with a high of 58 tomorrow. Thats the coldest that I can remember since I've been down here 4.5 years.

Bearcat
01-07-2015, 05:57 PM
I remember when it was 9. I hope it reaches 9 tomorrow.

notorious
01-07-2015, 05:58 PM
It's suppose to be a low of 38 tonight with a high of 58 tomorrow. Thats the coldest that I can remember since I've been down here 4.5 years.

I envy you.

If I could pull up my business and move to the south I would. Heat doesn't bother me at all.

Mav
01-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Fuck this shit

Mr. Laz
01-07-2015, 10:52 PM
3 degrees on mine right now

With a biting ass cold wind to go with it

fuck

Ragged Robin
01-07-2015, 10:58 PM
you poor bastards

01-08-2015, 12:08 AM
This is nothing.

Pablo
01-08-2015, 12:13 AM
The residents of which state most frequently remind everyone they encounter from another state where they're from?

A) Florida
B) California
C) Texas
D) Poopstate
E) New York

Pablo
01-08-2015, 12:14 AM
This is nothing.It's pretty cold, but yeah, I agree.

It isn't a terrible blizzard that keeps you from driving and I have a furnace. Not like I had any fantastic plans for this mid-week in January that the cold is keeping me from.

01-08-2015, 12:34 AM
It's pretty cold, but yeah, I agree.

It isn't a terrible blizzard that keeps you from driving and I have a furnace. Not like I had any fantastic plans for this mid-week in January that the cold is keeping me from.

This morning was horrible because of the wind, but when the wind is still it doesn't feel too bad out. When I was walking to work an hour ago it almost felt decent enough to go for a run. Granted, after about 10 minutes I may have bailed but....

Mav
01-08-2015, 02:02 AM
I work third. So this shit sucks

01-08-2015, 03:05 AM
I work third. So this shit sucks

ahhh, part of my little club.

Bob Dole
01-08-2015, 08:52 AM
14 here. Might as well move back to MO.

BigRedChief
01-08-2015, 08:58 AM
14 here. Might as well move back to MO.Could move down here?

BTW, I thought of you the other day when I drove through Tarpon Springs.

Mav
01-08-2015, 01:43 PM
ahhh, part of my little club.
I love the graveyard, I however do not like this shitty cold.

keg in kc
01-16-2015, 02:48 PM
61 degrees right now. Just rode my bike, enjoyed the beautiful clear blue sky. Did not enjoy the cramps or the burning in my legs.

Titty Meat
01-16-2015, 02:49 PM
It should be like this everyday

Three7s
01-16-2015, 02:49 PM
61 degrees right now. Just rode my bike, enjoyed the beautiful clear blue sky. Did not enjoy the cramps or the burning in my legs.
I think we are warmer than some parts of Florida today.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2015, 02:51 PM
63 in OKC today...
Heading out at 3 for a 3-4 mile run...

gonna die I am sure, but man it sucks not being able to run when its dick cold...

keg in kc
01-16-2015, 03:02 PM
63 in OKC today...
Heading out at 3 for a 3-4 mile run...

gonna die I am sure, but man it sucks not being able to run when its dick cold...I've been biking indoors. Which helped some, but riding outside still about fucking killed me. Lucky to get through 10 miles in the time I ride 13 indoors, and I was wobbly as fuck by the time I got home.

GloryDayz
01-16-2015, 10:14 PM

This.....

I took an extended lunch and walked for over an hour...

chefsos
01-18-2015, 08:30 PM
I've always thought that I happen to be in a pretty temperate place, relative to some of you guys. And it's true, according to this map. After Hawaii and Florida (Outliers!), the state with the smallest gap between record high and low temperature is...Delaware. Yay, I guess.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/4f0ff87eba5bc3e32b1a63ab9de2b393/tumblr_ni20y3RlsM1rasnq9o1_1280.jpg

And those of you in the Midwest are, indeed, fucked.

http://mapsontheweb.zoom-maps.com/image/107903192008

displacedinMN
01-18-2015, 09:44 PM
The midwest is not for the whimpy.

Had an elderly man tell me the Armed Forces liked people from the midwest. They can adapt easily to the weather and will do almost any work.

It was 40 today. No winter coat, just a lightweight pullover.

keg in kc
01-30-2015, 07:31 AM
Well, i guess it can always be worse....

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=796174470431102" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=796174470431102">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/FOX10Phoenix">FOX 10 Phoenix</a>.</div></div>

jerryforeverrice80
01-30-2015, 09:25 AM
today high is 30 with light snow and tonight low is -4 just another day in the northeast for me.

Eleazar
01-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Only 60 right now. Damn near jacket weather.