PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Report: Chiefs could cut WR Dwayne Bowe

Pages : [1] 2

Sassy Squatch
01-05-2015, 10:36 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/fantasy/fantasy-football/update/24936520/report-chiefs-could-cut-wr-dwayne-bowe

Possibility we've all seen coming, but interesting that they're working on reducing his contract.

Chief Roundup
01-05-2015, 10:38 AM
No shit. Thanks Captain Obvious. Please let us start new threads about the same exact tired info. It would be nice if there was something new in this article.
By the way post the article in the OP.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2015, 10:47 AM
I imagine they will have to if they decide to move on.

nobody is going to want to trade for him at that salary

RunKC
01-05-2015, 10:52 AM
This is the right thing to do. If Bowe gives us the finger and doesn't restructure than get rid of him.

We don't need a $14 million WR in this offense who can't make critical catches when we need him.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 10:52 AM
No shit. Thanks Captain Obvious.

This...

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 10:55 AM
This is the right thing to do. If Bowe gives us the finger and doesn't restructure than get rid of him.

We don't need a $14 million WR in this offense who can't make critical catches when we need him.

:thumb:

Bob Dole
01-05-2015, 10:55 AM
This is really surprising news.

Said nobody.

the Talking Can
01-05-2015, 10:56 AM
It would be hard to blame Hali, however, if he simply thought about hanging it up — especially after a physically taxing season in which he managed to start all 16 games and finish with 59 tackles and six sacks despite a balky knee that hampered him all year.

But after the game, Hali downplayed the impact his knee might have on his football future.

“Wear and tear, that’s all it is,” Hali said of his knee. “Nothing major. I didn’t rip my ACL or MCL, none of that. Basically sometimes it swells up on me, sometimes it doesn’t. I think I need some cleaning (in there), maybe. But nothing major happened to my knee.”

In fact, when asked the biggest obstacle to his return to football, Hali said it was more mental than physical, though he insisted that’s always the case after a long season, and that the urge to play always comes back.

“You get three months off and then you want to start playing football again, that’s how it works,” Hali said. “I can’t make a decision today and say I’m done ... of course, it’s draining, mentally, physically … you put so much in and you want so much out of it, but it never pans out that way.

“I question it sometimes, whether I want to continue to play....”

...“Where my body is right now, yeah,” Hali said. “Where my body was last year? No. I had to push through that last playoff game last year. This year … I’ve been able to eat well, work out and have my body in the best shape to play the games. So yeah, I can make that decision now. Last year, I went to the doctors and I couldn’t bend, and that was a problem. But I could keep going. I love the game.”

nothing ground breaking, but comments from Hali about his health...love the guy, but probably time to go a la flowers

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/article5424783.html

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 10:58 AM
This is really surprising news.

Said nobody.

Bob Dole is correct.

If Bowe doesn't restructure, then we all know he's gone.

Judging from his time in Philly, it seems as if Reid could care less who starts at WR (Hank Baskett, anyone??)

Avant and Maclin starting outside next year would kick ass.

I'd give Bowe about $5m/per. If he won't take it, cut his ass.

penbrook
01-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Browns are interested in Bowe

Mr. Laz
01-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Would love to keep both Hali and Bowe at around half of what they make now.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:01 AM

Of course they are.

I can hear the Browns brass right now :

'We'll pair him with Tyler Palko again...'

ROFL

Rausch
01-05-2015, 11:02 AM
I wish Bowe well.

He was pretty much our entire passing game once Gonzo left town and that was accomplished with some very bad QB's.

I'd prefer he went to the NFC though. Just in case...

YayMike

Bowe for a 3rd?

rabblerouser
Would love to keep both Hali and Bowe at around half of what they make now.

Hali around half.

Bowe, I give him about 1/3 of his current payscale, or around $5m/year.

gblowfish
Bowe will go to Miami, or Denver, or Seattle. Somewhere with legal weed and Sonic....

penbrook
01-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Bowe for a 3rd?

With his contract probably a 5th or 6th

YayMike
01-05-2015, 11:04 AM
With his contract probably a 5th or 6th

I'd rather keep him and have him restructure.

the Talking Can

do it...

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2015/01/05/browns-rumor-dwayne-bowe-a-trade-target/

rabblerouser
I wish Bowe well.

He was pretty much our entire passing game once Gonzo left town and that was accomplished with some very bad QB's.

I'd prefer he went to the NFC though. Just in case...

Yeah.

Bowe for a 3rd?

Sure. Bring in Gordon for a look as well.

rabblerouser
Bowe will go to Miami, or Denver, or Seattle. Somewhere with legal weed and Sonic....

ROFL

notorious
01-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Bowe needs to be put on suicide watch.

KC to the Browns? QB hell.

Eleazar
01-05-2015, 11:06 AM
The cap savings alone makes releasing him a no-brainer

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:07 AM
I'd rather keep him and have him restructure.

If he'll do it.

Problem is, sounds like there are people willing to overpay for him.

If we can get out from under that contract, and other people are willing to take it...then that may just be the perfect storm for Bowe to leave KC this offseason.

penbrook
01-05-2015, 11:08 AM
A Bowe for Gordon trade. Straight up

YayMike
01-05-2015, 11:09 AM
If he'll do it.

Problem is, sounds like there are people willing to overpay for him.

If we can get out from under that contract, and other people are willing to take it...then that may just be the perfect storm for Bowe to leave KC this offseason.

I sort of disagree. If bowe wasnt on our team, we'd be hoping to get a WR like him to be a good #2 WR.

But you are right, if someone is willing to overpay for him, like a 3rd round pick, go for it. If not, and he is willing to restructure, i'd love to have him. I will be curious to see if penbrook or anyone else could find what "interest" means.

YayMike
01-05-2015, 11:10 AM

Sign me up.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:10 AM
The cap savings alone makes releasing him a no-brainer

He will not make $15m in KC next year.

Bowe's options :

1. Restructure and stay
2. Restructure for a trade
3. Be cut outright
OR
4. Some desperate team (Cleveland) will actually accept that overblown paycheck and overpay for his services.

He's hoping for #4.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 11:11 AM

Bowe's options :

1. Restructure and stay
3. Be cut outright
OR
4. Some desperate team (Cleveland) will actually accept that overblown paycheck and overpay for his services.

He's hoping for #4.

IIRC he doesn't have to restructure before a trade because nothing in his contract is guaranteed now...

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 11:11 AM

Bowe's options :

1. Restructure and stay
3. Be cut outright
OR

He's hoping for #4.

He's hoping for #4 because Bowe would rather play for a worse QB/team and make his money? So you just assume that he's all about the money....and that's it?

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:12 AM

I thought Gordon was an RFA??

jd1020
01-05-2015, 11:13 AM
I can't wait to see what a team with Avery as a #1 target can do in the air.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 11:14 AM
He's hoping for #4 because Bowe would rather play for a worse QB/team and make his money? So you just assume that he's all about the money....and that's it?

For 1/2 of what Bowe's expected to make this year I'd get a tatoo above my ass that says "John Elway's garage."

Yes, people will do dumb $3it for money...

Rausch
I can't wait to see what a team with Avery as a #1 target can do in the air.

Won't happen.

Not in the NFL...

Pablo
Maybe we'll be able to fleece somebody for two seconds!

I know, I know.

Wallcrawler
I can't wait to see what a team with Alex Smith as a #1 QB can do in the air.

FYP.

YayMike
01-05-2015, 11:15 AM

We are trading Chase Daniel?????

jd1020
01-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Won't happen.

Not in the NFL...

Can you name a WR thats not a rookie, who doesn't have a choice, that would sign a contract with a team that just played an entire season without a WR TD?

Dumping your best receiver who had 500 yards more than any other on the roster seems like it might be a bad idea.

Restructure that contract and load it with reachable incentives.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:16 AM
IIRC he doesn't have to restructure before a trade because nothing in his contract is guaranteed now...

Nice.

Sure. It only makes sense.

He's nearing the twilight of his career, KC isn't even going to sniff a Super Bowl anytime soon...

Losing in Cleveland for $15m> losing in KC for $5m

I mean, Bowe would be the focal point of the offense there, so he would be able to restructure to an incentive - laden contract and convert, barring injury.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 11:18 AM

I know, I know.

I think we're already close to the maximum amount of draft picks.

And the really fucked thing is as far as need goes this draft is not our friend...

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Nice.

Sure. It only makes sense.

He's nearing the twilight of his career, KC isn't even going to sniff a Super Bowl anytime soon...

Losing in Cleveland for $15m> losing in KC for $5m

I mean, Bowe would be the focal point of the offense there, so he would be able to restructure to an incentive - laden contract and convert, barring injury.

So he's going to restructure to an incentive based contract to lose in Cleveland....when he can do the same fucking thing here and have a better shot?

Makes perfect fucking sense. :rolleyes:

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:19 AM
For 1/2 of what Bowe's expected to make this year I'd get a tatoo above my ass that says "John Elway's garage."

Exactly. It's called 'common sense'.

We all pretty much bust our asses for peanuts everyday. You think Bowe wouldn't move to Cleveland for an extra $6-10m/year, to play some football??

Wouldn't you move your family to another city for an extra $6-10m/year, to do exactly what you do now??

Duh.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Can you name a WR thats not a rookie, who doesn't have a choice, that would sign a contract with a team that just played an entire season without a WR TD?

To me that screams need which = overpay.

Our need at WR is huge and any WR visiting here should demand their top dollar...

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Cutting the only proven WR worth a damn on the roster would be monumentally dumb.

Naturally, I expect it because Chiefs.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:21 AM
So he's going to restructure to an incentive based contract to lose in Cleveland....when he can do the same ****ing thing here and have a better shot?

Makes perfect ****ing sense. :rolleyes:

Cleveland is acting like they can work with his base salary, whereas we already knew, heading into this offseason that there is no way we can work with his base salary as it is now.

Bowe will make more money in Cleveland than he will here, bottom line.

jd1020

Our need at WR is huge and any WR visiting here should demand their top dollar...

Is that scream louder in volume than the one yelling we don't need our best WR?

The Franchise
Exactly. It's called 'common sense'.

We all pretty much bust our asses for peanuts everyday. You think Bowe wouldn't move to Cleveland for an extra $6-10m/year, to play some football??

Wouldn't you move your family to another city for an extra $6-10m/year, to do exactly what you do now??

Duh.

It's common sense when you've never made that type of money like a professional athlete has. You really think that every athlete would sit on a losing team for an extra $5 million a year? Doubt it.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Haterz are planning their Lemon party now!

Eleazar
01-05-2015, 11:22 AM

Bowe's options :

1. Restructure and stay
3. Be cut outright
OR

He's hoping for #4.

I don't understand capology like some of the guys around here, but I think I read that his cap number next year was $10 million.

There is absolutely no reason Bowe should be on the roster unless Houston is signed. None.

Even if they get Houston signed long-term, there's still probably no reason. A veteran free agent could give us his production at half the cost.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Is that scream louder in volume than the one yelling we don't need our best WR?

Yes, because our best WR is the most overpaid in the NFL and in the bottom 7 "no 1" WR's in the NFL...

rabblerouser

Maclin would sign here to play for Reid again; I suspect there are others who would sign here for that reason.

Fitzgerald, maybe.

MagicHef
If he gets cut and would sign a cheap deal to chase a ring, I think he'd fit well across from Demaryius, with Sanders in the slot.

Eleazar
It's common sense when you've never made that type of money like a professional athlete has. You really think that every athlete would sit on a losing team for an extra $5 million a year? Doubt it.

Every man has his price.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/t/teddibiase/11.jpg

jd1020
01-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Maclin would sign here to play for Reid again; I suspect there are others who would sign here for that reason.

Fitzgerald, maybe.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Lets cut Bowe to pay more for Fitzgerald, who has basically been Bowe for the last 3 years of his career.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 11:24 AM

Fitzgerald, maybe.

Yep....just like Maclin signed last year. Or maybe now that he's saying that he wants to remain with the Eagles.

And you want Fitzgerald who's cap hit is $20 million dollars? You think he's going to sign here for $5 million a year?

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Yes, because our best WR is the most overpaid in the NFL and in the bottom 7 "no 1" WR's in the NFL...

Our 'Best WR' is #3 on half the teams in the NFL. Even a 5-11 dumpster fire like Chicago has 2 WRs better than Dwayne Bowe.

Detroit didn't get to the playoffs on Megatron alone; Golden Tate came up huge.

I remember something about Weis screaming for Pioli to draft Tate in the 2nd or 3rd round...Pioli ignored him and took Baldwin with the first or some bullshit.

Because Chiefs.

Sassy Squatch
01-05-2015, 11:26 AM
If he gets cut and would sign a cheap deal to chase a ring, I think he'd fit well across from Demaryius, with Sanders in the slot.
You can die in a fire, sir.

FringeNC
Yep....just like Maclin signed last year. Or maybe now that he's saying that he wants to remain with the Eagles.

And you want Fitzgerald who's cap hit is $20 million dollars? You think he's going to sign here for $5 million a year?

You think someone is going to pay Fitzgerald $20 million?

rabblerouser

Fuck your face.

YayMike
01-05-2015, 11:27 AM

Fitzgerald, maybe.

IF IF IF we get rid of Bowe, one way or the other, Fitz would be a perfect replacement for him as a possession WR. He could also come on the cheap. I think that we do target someone like Maclin or Cobb in Free Agency.

Maclin/Cobb + Bowe/Fitz + #1 Draft Pick + Wilson + DAT = Step in the right direction.

GloryDayz
Cutting the only proven WR worth a damn on the roster would be monumentally dumb.

Like Dorsey said, he's a blocking machine. Add to it his prowess for catching passes and taking them to the house, he did that like a machine this year (!!!), and how could we not keep him around.

Wait....

Eleazar

He has Bowe as the proof text that he deserves at least $10 million.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 11:28 AM

Did I say that? I asked if he thought that Fitz was going to go from his current contract to making $5 million a year? Not going to happen. Someone will be paying Fitz north of $10 million.

rabblerouser

Who the fuck is gonna be dumb enough to pay Fitz $20m!!!??,?:LOL:

LMAO

ROFL

You officially know nothing about football.

Tribal Warfare

It might have to happen to resign Houston

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:29 AM

Do it.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Who the **** is gonna be dumb enough to pay Fitz $20m!!!??,?:LOL:

LMAO

ROFL

You officially know nothing about football.

READ. MY. FUCKING. POST.

Do you honestly expect Fitz to go from his current contract to getting paid less than Bowe does?

I never once said that we should pay Fitz $20 million.

And I know nothing about football? Coming from you....that's hilarious.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Haterz are planning their Lemon party now!

Management has put us in position to fail the last two years.

We let talent walk, we added talent where we were already strong, and didn't really address any weakness.

People act like we're tight on the cap next year. We're not. Not at all.

We have a metric-fuck-ton of draft picks and almost 25 million in cuts/restructures that can be done...

The Franchise
IF IF IF we get rid of Bowe, one way or the other, Fitz would be a perfect replacement for him as a possession WR. He could also come on the cheap. I think that we do target someone like Maclin or Cobb in Free Agency.

Maclin/Cobb + Bowe/Fitz + #1 Draft Pick + Wilson + DAT = Step in the right direction.

ROFL. We're going to afford both Cobb and Fitz AND re-sign Houston?

Mr. Laz
http://mweb.cbssports.com/fantasy/fantasy-football/update/24936520/report-chiefs-could-cut-wr-dwayne-bowe

Possibility we've all seen coming, but interesting that they're working on reducing his contract.
"The Browns are not likely to trade for that contract but could decide to make a deal if Bowe agrees to a restructured contract. It wouldn’t cost the Browns much in way of trade compensation and they have enough cap space to make the move. Bowe could be cut and the Browns could go after him in free agency as well, but competition could cause them lose out.

Bowe would make a fine #2 receiver if Josh Gordon is kept and could fill the #1 role good enough to support a young receiver brought in to develop as the clubs’ #1."

So the brown consider Bowe a #2 receiver worth 7-ish million?

exactly what he is imo

How come the Browns hate Bowe?

Discuss Thrower

Then don't expect the offense to be any better than it was last year unless Dorsey takes a WR or receiving TE with the first four picks in the draft.

Rausch
Do it.

This...

FringeNC
01-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Did I say that? I asked if he thought that Fitz was going to go from his current contract to making $5 million a year? Not going to happen. Someone will be paying Fitz north of $10 million.

Then why even mention the $20 million? It is of zero relevance to his current market value. I don't have a strong opinion of his current market value, but I'd be shocked if it was north of $10 million.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:32 AM
READ. MY. ****ING. POST.

Do you honestly expect Fitz to go from his current contract to getting paid less than Bowe does?

I never once said that we should pay Fitz $20 million.

And I know nothing about football? Coming from you....that's hilarious.
Yes, I actually expect Fitz to sign with a contender that has a real QB (Seattle, NE, GB, ETC.), and to do it at around $5-7m/year.

jd1020
Then why even mention the $20 million? It is of zero relevance to his current market value. I don't have a strong opinion of his current market value, but I'd be shocked if it was north of $10 million.

His market value > Bowe's market value. How much more production has Fitzgerald put up in his last 3 years than what you can get from Bowe?

It makes no fucking sense to cut Bowe to go after Fitzgerald.

The Franchise

Because it's what he is currently getting paid. That's like saying that you can't mention what Bowe is getting paid because it has zero relevance.

Fitzgerald is not going from that large of a contract to playing for $5 million a year. Not happening.

Rausch
We BURNED MONEY this year by signing Smith early on.

Stupid, STUPID idea.

What leverage does he have now? Had he signed in the offseason what is he really worth?

His numbers DECLINED this year and he'd have no leverage...

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Yes, I actually expect Fitz to sign with a contender that has a real QB (Seattle, NE, GB, ETC.), and to do it at around $5-7m/year.

Wanna bet on that? Fitz won't be playing for $5 million a year.

Discuss Thrower

Stupid, STUPID idea.

What leverage does he have now? Had he signed in the offseason what is he really worth?

THIS

YayMike
ROFL. We're going to afford both Cobb and Fitz AND re-sign Houston?

Houston will get tagged. Extended next off season. I think Fitz signs relatively cheap. Similar to what Steve Smith signed with the Ravens last year.

What do you expect Cobb and Maclin to get contract wise in FA.

Buehler445

There are a lot that do. Namely every vet that the Faid has signed in the last decade. Revis went to a junk TB Team. Miami was active in overpaying fuckers after Parcells left, even though the whole world knew they were going to get buzzsawed by NE. Buffalo has gotten a lot of guys, again, knowing they were going to get buzzsawed. Not every athlete will sit on a shit team for $5M per, but a lot will.

Our 'Best WR' is #3 on half the teams in the NFL. Even a 5-11 dumpster fire like Chicago has 2 WRs better than Dwayne Bowe.

Detroit didn't get to the playoffs on Megatron alone; Golden Tate came up huge.

I remember something about Weis screaming for Pioli to draft Tate in the 2nd or 3rd round...Pioli ignored him and took Baldwin with the first or some bullshit.

Because Chiefs.

The Chicago situation is rather unique. You could also argue that he'd be the best receiver on a few playoff rosters. NE, Pack, Carolina, Seachickens, without Green he'd have been the best one on the Bengals.

jd1020
01-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Houston will get tagged. Extended next off season. I think Fitz signs relatively cheap. Similar to what Steve Smith signed with the Ravens last year.

What do you expect Cobb and Maclin to get contract wise in FA.

You think Fitz is going to sign for fucking $3.5M a year? Holy jesus...

Buehler445
01-05-2015, 11:34 AM

If someone takes your bet, I want in on some of that action too. Fitz is getting paid.

FringeNC
01-05-2015, 11:35 AM
His market value > Bowe's market value. How much more production has Fitzgerald put up in his last 3 years than what you can get from Bowe?

It makes no ****ing sense to cut Bowe to go after Fitzgerald.

I'm not advocating signing Fitz. On the open market, both Fitz and Bowe will sign well below their current numbers, just like Flowers did.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Then don't expect the offense to be any better than it was last year unless Dorsey takes a WR or receiving TE with the first four picks in the draft.

We need an Oline more than anything. Alex Smith got killed this year, Charles was hurt and had less space than ever...

We don't need a pass catching TE; Kelce had over 60 rec.

the game is still won (and lost) in the trenches...and our O line got their shit pushed in this year. Repeatedly.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:36 AM

Bet he would if got to play with Brady, Manning, or Rodgers for a couple years.

ThaVirus
01-05-2015, 11:36 AM

Stupid, STUPID idea.

That's what really chaps my ass.

jd1020
01-05-2015, 11:37 AM

Stupid, STUPID idea.

But we reduced his cap number this year and used that money to sign all those FA's...

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:37 AM

Dickey doesn't care about such logic.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Dickey doesn't care about such logic.

Yeah....logic is talking about the current money that he's making. In that case....don't talk about Bowe's current contract because it's not logical.

rabblerouser
But we reduced his cap number this year and used that money to sign all those FA's...

EXACTLY.

And they're going to do that again.

Alex will restructure again.

As it stands today, Bowe and Smith stand to make about the same about for 2015.

Smith has obviously translated to more wins for the Chiefs than Bowe ever has...

jd1020
EXACTLY.

ROFLROFLROFL

Alex's next 2 years are guaranteed. He literally has no incentive to restructure.

Discuss Thrower
We need an Oline more than anything. Alex Smith got killed this year, Charles was hurt and had less space than ever...

We don't need a pass catching TE; Kelce had over 60 rec.

the game is still won (and lost) in the trenches...and our O line got their shit pushed in this year. Repeatedly.

You're essentially proposing the Chiefs go into 2015 with Avant, Wilson, Frankie Hammond Jr and something like Kearse or Cecil Shorts at WR next season... And there's no guarantee that either Avant or Kearse/Shorts will be on the roster.

penbrook
01-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Chiefs are working out Duron Carter on Wednesday

rabblerouser
Yeah....logic is talking about the current money that he's making. In that case....don't talk about Bowe's current contract because it's not logical.
ROFL

Rausch
THIS

So we wasted money by signing Smith early AND wasted money by not signing Houston early AND used our 1st round pick to be a fucking back up.

AND we overpaid Bowe even after we could have cut him for nothing because...Chiefs.

That's horrible talent evaluation, horrible cap management, and another pissed-away season THAT DIDN'T HAVE TO BE...

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2015, 11:41 AM

Boom or bust pick that has a lot more upside and better probability of working out than Weston freaking Dressler, but it can't be the only move they make.

jd1020
01-05-2015, 11:43 AM
So we wasted money by signing Smith early AND wasted money by not signing Houston early AND used our 1st round pick to be a ****ing back up.

AND we overpaid Bowe even after we could have cut him for nothing because...Chiefs.

That's horrible talent evaluation, horrible cap management, and another pissed-away season THAT DIDN'T HAVE TO BE...

We didn't waste money on Smith... according to Dorsey. He thinks he's lived up to what he thought he could be. Dorsey thinks that $1M per TD is money well spent.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 11:45 AM
We didn't waste money on Smith... according to Dorsey. He thinks he's lived up to what he thought he could be. Dorsey thinks that $1M per TD is money well spent.

Most fans are bad at managing football teams.

That said most Chiefs fans had a better idea how to manage this last offseason that Dorsey.

THAT is reason #1 to dismiss his ass...

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 11:48 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Alex's next 2 years are guaranteed. He literally has no incentive to restructure.

His spleen begs to differ...

You're essentially proposing the Chiefs go into 2015 with Avant, Wilson, Frankie Hammond Jr and something like Kearse or Cecil Shorts at WR next season... And there's no guarantee that either Avant or Kearse/Shorts will be on the roster.

Gordon, draft, UFA, SOMETHING has to give.

All the problems are solved!!

LMAO

RunKC
So we wasted money by signing Smith early AND wasted money by not signing Houston early AND used our 1st round pick to be a ****ing back up.

They were trying to get a deal done with Houston for a long time. It's not as easy as you think.

Houston's reps most likely said they won't commit until they see what Houston did this season. Stupid of Houston or his agent to get a deal done early.

jd1020
His spleen begs to differ...

His spleen has nothing to do with his contract.

Coochie liquor
01-05-2015, 11:50 AM

Another one??

rabblerouser
Another one??

Zing!

Mr. Laz
ROFLROFLROFL

You have no idea what restructure means

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2015, 11:52 AM

Nobody knows what it means... but it's provocative.

penbrook
01-05-2015, 11:53 AM

Restructure means he still gets paid the same amount but can move around how much he makes per year around and add some in incentives, pro bowl, etc

Brock
01-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Good for him. He won't get a big payday, but I bet his career gets back on track. A qb like roethlisberger will love him.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Good for him. He won't get a big payday, but I bet his career gets back on track. A qb like roethlisberger will love him.

And all we'll hear from these retards is that Bowe didn't do it here because he was all about the money.

Dayze
01-05-2015, 11:58 AM
let's say he's cut.

where do we think he would end up signing?

rabblerouser
His spleen has nothing to do with his contract.

But his cap number that either allows (or doesn't allow) for signing of (better) Olinemen absolutely does.

Am I the only person that understands how this works??

Because Dorsey (and a portion of CP) obviously do not...

penbrook
let's say he's cut.

where do we think he would end up signing?

Miami

Hoover
01-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Shit, we might as well give McGlynn and Linkenback (sp?) new numbers and have them play WR. We already use them for blocking purposes anyway.... :)

RunKC
01-05-2015, 12:01 PM
People need to understand all the possibilities of what can happen with Bowe and see what happens before destroying Dorsey.

Possibility #1-trade Bowe

Pros-gain a decent pick. Gain $4 million back from rest of contract
Cons-we pay $4 million in the whole this year to get rid of him

Possibility #2-cut Bowe June 1st

Pros-gain $22 million to the cap over duration of his contract.
Avg of roughly $8 million a year gained.

$8 million back gives Houston money for his contract.
Cons-none

Mr. Laz
Shit, we might as well give McGlynn and Linkenback (sp?) new numbers and have them play WR. We already use them for blocking purposes anyway.... :)

as if McGlynn and Linkenbach can block worth a shit

Sure-Oz
@TerezPaylor: Can confirm @nfldraftscout’s report that WR Duron Carter will be working out for the #Chiefs on Wednesday, per a source.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 12:04 PM

Cons-none

Cons - Donnie Avery is your #1 WR.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2015, 12:04 PM
People need to understand all the possibilities of what can happen with Bowe and see what happens before destroying Dorsey.

Possibility #1-trade Bowe

Pros-gain a decent pick. Gain $4 million back from rest of contract
Cons-we pay $4 million in the whole this year to get rid of him

Cons-none
someone is going to give us a 'decent draft pick' for an overpaid #2 possession receiver?

They might if Bowe would take a paycut but if Bowe would take a paycut then there isn't any reason for us to get rid of Bowe

pretty much keep or cut for Bowe with KC

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 12:06 PM
someone is going to give us a 'decent draft pick' for an overpaid #2 possession receiver?

They might if Bowe would take a paycut but if Bowe would take a paycut then there isn't any reason for us to get rid of Bowe

Fucking exactly.

RunKC
01-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Cons - Donnie Avery is your #1 WR.

Avery is gone and there will be at least 2 new guys. There is a thing called free agency. Also another thing called the draft.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 12:07 PM
They were trying to get a deal done with Houston for a long time. It's not as easy as you think.

It was a helluva' lot easier before this season.

Houston's reps most likely said they won't commit until they see what Houston did this season. Stupid of Houston or his agent to get a deal done early.

From reports (whatever that's worth) he wanted a long term deal in the top 5 OLB range.

So we just went from paying top 5 money to top, NO 1 money...

The Franchise
Avery is gone and there will be at least 2 new guys. There is a thing called free agency. Also another thing called the draft.

And both of those equal instant chemistry with a QB who won't throw the ball into tight spaces. Should be a great time next year.

Discuss Thrower

The Chiefs can't afford FA right now and get immediately better at WR.

RunKC

I'm not for trading him. Just listing the facts of that possibility.

I would ask him to restructure and if he says no then cut him June 1st.

rabblerouser

Uh Zackey.

Hoover
01-05-2015, 12:08 PM
I hope that Bowe is willing to stay under a new deal. I have always thought he would be a good #2 WR opposite someone who can really stretch the field. The advantage here is that we can draft a true #1 in the 1st round, and have our WR corps basically set.

All i know is there is no way I pay him under his current deal. He's simply not worth it. Houston and Hudson need to get paid.

Hoover
01-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Cons - Donnie Avery is your #1 WR. Yeah, until draft day or we sign a free agent. I think we will be fine, and frankly I'd cut his ass too.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 12:09 PM

I'd guess a 4th.

His contract (as is) is written on toilet paper.

They might if Bowe would take a paycut but if Bowe would take a paycut then then pretty much keep or cut for Bowe with KC

Bowe will make more somewhere else after being cut than he can here.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Yeah, until draft day or we sign a free agent. I think we will be fine, and frankly I'd cut his ass too.

I think we cut his ass, and should.

I don't have any faith in our ability to replace talent...

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-05-2015, 12:10 PM

In Bowes defense he was never expecting the ball.

Pablo
01-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Let Bowe go and enjoy the last few years of his career with some sort of productive QB.

Draft a kid in the 1st and hope that he's ready to be a true #1 in a few years when Alex is gone. Sign some scrubs and roll out the same offense we did this year.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 12:12 PM
And all we'll hear from these retards is that Bowe didn't do it here because he was all about the money.

Of course

Rausch
01-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Let Bowe go and enjoy the last few years of his career with some sort of productive QB.

I'd love to see him do that in the NFC.

Draft a kid in the 1st and hope that he's ready to be a true #1 in a few years when Alex is gone.

I'd love to see this happen.

Sign some scrubs and roll out the same offense we did this year.

This is what WILL happen...

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-05-2015, 12:15 PM

Just think if Bowe had giant forehead throwing at him. 1500 yards guaranteed.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Just let him go. No more elite talent wasted on this meaningless franchise.

Charles too. And trade Houston.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 12:23 PM
And trade Houston.

I will fucking choke you to death with my bare hands...

jd1020
01-05-2015, 12:25 PM
And trade Houston.

Why would you trade him when you could gain an edge by letting him walk and getting a 2015 3rd round comp pick?

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2015, 12:27 PM
I will fucking choke you to death with my bare hands...

Trading Houston, JC, Bowe(?) and a lot of others with value should have been done the moment Pioli's ass got canned two January's ago.

The team needed a total rebuild then... and in many respects it still does.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Why would you trade him when you could gain an edge by letting him walk and getting a 2015 3rd round comp pick?

LOL Let's get that 3rd rounder back!!

Get another tackle!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAA

Reerun_KC
01-05-2015, 12:29 PM

I swear to god himself you are the spawn of Al Davis and Scott Pioli.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Trading Houston, JC, Bowe(?) and a lot of others with value should have been done the moment Pioli's ass got canned two January's ago.

The team needed a total rebuild then... and in many respects it still does.

http://replygif.net/i/272.gif

Coaching! Fucking vision, an absence of idiocy, game management, and a real leader is what we needed!

Trading away young talent...is just...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120725012119/p__/protagonist/images/9/9c/Avengers-Hulk-Loki-1337008016.gif

MagicHef
01-05-2015, 12:35 PM

Mmm... Demaryius and Bowe split wide, Sanders in the slot, and Charles lined up beside Manning.

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2015, 12:35 PM
http://replygif.net/i/272.gif

Coaching! Fucking vision, an absence of idiocy, game management, and a real leader is what we needed!

Trading away young talent...is just...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120725012119/p__/protagonist/images/9/9c/Avengers-Hulk-Loki-1337008016.gif

So, when the Chiefs go something like 1-2 in playoff games and no conference or league titles with Smith, Reid and co. over the next three seasons.. are you really going to say keeping all of those guys was the correct move?

salame
01-05-2015, 12:37 PM
he sucks, he's not even good to keep around like a role model because he's an idiot.
he's never been a student of the game.
such a waste

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 12:39 PM
he sucks, he's not even good to keep around like a role model because he's an idiot.
such a waste

He could've been really good though.

RunKC
01-05-2015, 12:43 PM
And both of those equal instant chemistry with a QB who won't throw the ball into tight spaces. Should be a great time next year.

Look at the QB and the offense. Reid went to multiple NFC Championships with Freddie ****ing Mitchell and Todd Pinkston.

It blows my mind that people don't get this.

This offense thrives on YAC. That's exactly why Reid drafted Jackson and Maclin. Reid's offense has always been primarily screens and 10-15 yard plays.

He had a lethal combo of Westbrook and Staley mixing power and athleticism. That's why we drafted DAT and Davis.
And that's why Reid loved Alex. He is good in the 10-20 yard range and is mobile and efficient.

As for Bowe, he is a presence like TO, but at that price? If Bowe doesn't restructure why bring him back? Really?

Albert Wilson looked good in 3 games. 260 yards and was reliable. Avant even looked decent. The passing attack looked better wth them. Plus they mixed DAT in as well. He was just learning the position at that point and should be a slot weapon next year.

The fact of the matter is the OL killed us. It killed everything. And losing Avery hurt.
Bring in a speed WR via the draft and a free agent. Get another TE that like Kelce. Maxx Williams or Devin Funchess fit that.

I mean c'mon man. This team was 9-7 and barely missed the playoffs with the WR corps being complete shit until December along with an OL that was catastrophic.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 12:48 PM
So, when the Chiefs go something like 1-2 in playoff games and no conference or league titles with Smith, Reid and co. over the next three seasons.. are you really going to say keeping all of those guys was the correct move?

NO.

I DON'T TRUST THE MAN BUILDING THE FOUNDATION.

I think think we approached this team one way, completely shifted course in year 2, and now it's looking like a team with 2 masters.

If the idea was to win/build around Smith we should have done that. We didn't. I don't care if he's the right/wrong guy, as a GM, you build the team around that man if you commit to him.

We didn't. We made a huge commitment to Smith and then pulled the rug out from under him. We didn't build the team around "him" as a QB.

On top of that we WASTED the draft picks and money we did spend on positions that didn't help us.

I don't love everything Phat Andy's done. I don't know if he is the answer as HC but I do know he's got the player's behind him.

Dorsey is a fucking failure in every sense of the word as a GM...

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 12:48 PM
such a waste

Crackhead

RunKC
01-05-2015, 12:53 PM
It was a helluva' lot easier before this season.

From reports (whatever that's worth) he wanted a long term deal in the top 5 OLB range.

So we just went from paying top 5 money to top, NO 1 money...

I find this very hard to believe. If I'm Houston I want to get as much money as I can and work hard to have the best season I can to get that money, which he did.

Do you think these agents or players are stupid? They both knew Houston was an elite talent capable of close to/or 20 sacks before the season started.

Also accepting a deal before Watt set the market was dumb. You always wait for the best player to set the market so you can have an advantage in negotiations.
Houston and his agent played this perfectly and ther was nothing any GM could do.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 12:54 PM

Complete bullshit at this point.

He didn't hire Reid, and Reid wanted Smith.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2015, 01:01 PM
In Bowes defense he was never expecting the ball.

Johnny Manziel is awesome

RunKC
01-05-2015, 01:01 PM
So far Dorsey has hit on multiple low cost defensive free agents. Totally revamped the secondary to be significantly better and the defense is the best I've seen it in a long time.

Davis, DAT and Kelce were critical for this offense.

He did all this with no 2nd round pick yet bc Andy had to have his ****ing guy.
The only thing you can dish on Dorsey is the contract for Bowe and Fisher, who deserves one more offseason of healthy strength training before final judgement.

You can't expect him to have this mother****er built in 2 offseasons, especially with less draft picks.

This roster was more than capable of making the playoffs. Reid cost us games and so did HIS QB.

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2015, 01:02 PM
This roster was more than capable of making the playoffs. Reid cost is games and so did HIS QB.

Making the playoffs? Sure. But they're not winning once they get there. Look at Cincinnati.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2015, 01:04 PM

except it's not just about Alex Smith

As hard as it is for people around here to believe, a football team involves more than just a QB

So far Dorsey has pretty much sucked without even considering Smith

RunKC
01-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Mind boggling that a GM hasn't built a dynasty of a team after 2 drafts with no 2nd rd pick either time.

Good grief. Only CP.

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2015, 01:06 PM

As hard as it is for people around here to believe, a football team involves more than just a QB

*Looks at remaining playoff teams. Sees teams quarterbacked by Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco and Andrew Luck on one side and Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo on the other.*

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 01:07 PM

I'm not happy with the decisions with the OL, but that doesn't mean he's a failure.

Obviously, he's got to fix it, but bitching about him being a failure now is just fucking stupid.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Do you think these agents or players are stupid? They both knew Houston was an elite talent capable of close to/or 20 sacks before the season started.

An agent may argue but no one legitimately can make a case their client can post a top 5 season of ALL TIME.

Whoops, now Houston's can.

If you thought Houston would break DT's sack record you're a liar.

No one, and I'm the biggest Houston pimp out there, thought that was in his range.

HE JUST PRESSURED THE ALL TIME RECORD FOR SACKS.

Also accepting a deal before Watt set the market was dumb. You always wait for the best player to set the market so you can have an advantage in negotiations.

They don't play the same position and Houston is ****ing retarded for paying that for a 3-4 DL.

Even Watt.

Houston and his agent played this perfectly and ther was nothing any GM could do.

Houston was healthy for an entire season and his agent will now RAPE on the FA market.

I see 0% chance we handle this correctly and he's resigned...

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 01:15 PM
No way does Houston make it to the FA market this year.

O.city
01-05-2015, 01:17 PM

Yeah no.

RunKC
01-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Houston is for damn sure going to label himself as a pass rusher and not linebacker. And he has every right to. He floated around the 10-12 sack range up to this season.

Houston taking a top 5 OLB deal before the year is so stupid. He knew he was going to get at least 15 sacks. Sure he didn't anticipate this many but even 15 would have given him far more power in negotiations.

Houston decided to gamble and he won big. It takes two to tango. Dorsey had to have pitched big numbers before or the season and him and his agent rehjected them bc they wanted to see what he could do this season.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2015, 01:19 PM
No way does Houston make it to the FA market this year.

If Dorsey/Reid are smart they lock him up long term.

No way should a 22 sack guy that can not only get after the QB but can cover and is great against the run be let go. Players like Houston don't come around often.

If he is let go I'm done.

FringeNC
01-05-2015, 01:21 PM
btw, the source is idle speculation by Adam Teicher in response to a tweeted question.

...not that he's wrong, but there is no additional information beyond what we all know..

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 01:23 PM
If Dorsey/Reid are smart they lock him up long term.

No way should a 22 sack guy that can not only get after the QB but can cover and is great against the run be let go. Players like Houston don't come around often.

If he is let go I'm done.

I'm sure they will try. At the very least he'll be tagged.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm sure they will try. At the very least he'll be tagged.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs are going to tag Houston for this year while they hammer out the specs of a long - term deal.

I would lock him up now, but lots of talk about the tag.

RealSNR
01-05-2015, 01:28 PM

Andy Reid had his sights set on Alex the moment he got to town. Make no mistake about it.

Dorsey had the choice of turning down this job if he thought that was a bad idea.

Coochie liquor
01-05-2015, 01:32 PM
NO.

I DON'T TRUST THE MAN BUILDING THE FOUNDATION.

I think think we approached this team one way, completely shifted course in year 2, and now it's looking like a team with 2 masters.

If the idea was to win/build around Smith we should have done that. We didn't. I don't care if he's the right/wrong guy, as a GM, you build the team around that man if you commit to him.

We didn't. We made a huge commitment to Smith and then pulled the rug out from under him. We didn't build the team around "him" as a QB.

On top of that we WASTED the draft picks and money we did spend on positions that didn't help us.

I don't love everything Phat Andy's done. I don't know if he is the answer as HC but I do know he's got the player's behind him.

How quickly you forget the real meaning of failure.... Pioli
We are in much better shape than anytime during Piolis time here. We've taken a step forward in each season. Lots of good pieces in place, and some decent depth which we never had with Pioli here. If you wanna hate Dorsey, and what he's done, I get that. But to say he's a failure in every sense of the word is a bit of an overstatement.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 01:45 PM
We are in much better shape than anytime during Piolis time here.

That's what I see here.

More of the same. The same "we can afford to draft b/u players now" mentality.

Not similar, exactly the same. If not in words than in actions...

penbrook
01-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Per Albert Breer

Per source, Kansas City's Chris Ballard has turned down the Jets' interview request.

bsroyals54
01-05-2015, 02:05 PM
good riddance to bad rubbish

Jimmya
01-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Cut him & be done with it. Time to move on.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 02:07 PM
good riddance to bad rubbish

Stupid

bsroyals54
01-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Stupid

:lame:

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 02:09 PM
That's what I see here.

More of the same. The same "we can afford to draft b/u players now" mentality.

Not similar, exactly the same. If not in words than in actions...

LMAO You see the same as Pioli?

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 02:10 PM
:lame:

Yes. The hate Bowe gets Is lame.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 02:14 PM
We are in much better shape than anytime during Piolis time here. We've taken a step forward in each season. Lots of good pieces in place, and some decent depth which we never had with Pioli here. If you wanna hate Dorsey, and what he's done, I get that. But to say he's a failure in every sense of the word is a bit of an overstatement.

Yay!! 9-7, Yay!!

No, until Clark gets serious, it may as well be 1999 all over again.

'I was dreaming when I wrote this/forgive me if it goes astray'

Mr. Laz
01-05-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm not happy with the decisions with the OL, but that doesn't mean he's a failure.

Obviously, he's got to fix it, but bitching about him being a failure now is just fucking stupid.

I said 'so far'

Coochie liquor
01-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Per Albert Breer

Per source, Kansas City's Chris Ballard has turned down the Jets' interview request.

Woody Johnson is an idiot, so good call by him. Unfortunately it may mean he's leaving for Chicago.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Yes. The hate Bowe gets Is lame.
The fact that you can't understand the difference between hate and value evaluation is lame.

The fact that you exaggerate any comment/opinion given to an extreme just so you can bitch about it is lame.

penbrook
01-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Woody Johnson is an idiot, so good call by him. Unfortunately it may mean he's leaving for Chicago.

Yea it's either boom or bust for Chicago

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 02:18 PM
The fact that you can't understand the difference between hate and value evaluation is lame.

The fact that you exaggerate any comment/opinion given to an extreme just so you can bitch about it is lame.

I don't hate Dwayne Bowe.

He's a bone headed idiot who is way overpaid for his production...

But I don't hate him.

I just calls em as I sees em.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 02:19 PM
LMAO You see the same as Pioli?

He's not an insane madman but...yeah, I see a very amiable person that has the exact same management tendencies.

I see us using draft picks to select players WAY below their worth.

I see us not filling holes.

I see a blind belief in our QB being much better than he is.

I see hubris and wasted opportunites (draft picks and FA) and I see someone so fucking stubborn the failure doesn't even register a blip on the radar...

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 02:20 PM

Bitch? LMAO You can't WAIT to bitch about Bowe or Dorsey.

BigRedChief
01-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Houston is for damn sure going to label himself as a pass rusher and not linebacker. And he has every right to.He can declare himself whatever he wants. It's irrelevant. The Chiefs are going to say he is a OLB. Which is what he is listed as playing. Arbitrator will rule on what his position is. But he will be a OLB, no doubt.

No worries, just gives him more incentive to sign a long term deal.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2015, 02:22 PM
This FO has given us no reason to believe dumping Bowe will turn out well for them.

They couldn't even replace McCluster's production...

Next year is put up or shut up for this regime. You really think they're gonna gamble on some unproven rookie as the #1 WR?

Coochie liquor
01-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Yay!! 9-7, Yay!!

No, until Clark gets serious, it may as well be 1999 all over again.

'I was dreaming when I wrote this/forgive me if it goes astray'

I don't think there were too many people on this board who didn't think we would take a slight step back this year. Last season we weren't as good as our record, this year we were about where we should have been. Still got holes to fill, but amount is getting smaller. With a little more breathing room under the cap, and lots of draft picks they can keep filling the holes. It took Seattle 3 years to start making noise under their new regime. If Dorsey approaches this offseason the way he should, then I think we will be on out way. Am I a homer or truefan? Yeah, no denying that, but year 3 is key for me.
Also Prince is such a pimp! Great quote!

PhillyChiefFan
01-05-2015, 02:23 PM

Damn straight

-King-
01-05-2015, 02:24 PM

I bet the team that signs him won't have him as their #1 receiver unless it's a team like the Jags or Titans or some other brokedick team.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 02:24 PM
No one should hate Bowe.

He carried this team for a number of years in his prime.

I have no regrets, no ill will towards him. I wish him the best.

I hope we manage ANY draft pick, he moves on and does well (in the NFC,) and he doesn't go to where we all fucking know he will go and make us hate him forever...

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 02:26 PM
This FO has given us no reason to believe dumping Bowe will turn out well for them.

Next year is put up or shut up for this regime. You really think they're gonna gamble on some unproven rookie as the #1 WR?

They did, but the QB could not. DAT or Wilson is more than capable of being at least twice the player Dex was.

bsroyals54
01-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Dwayne Bowe is in the top 5 for most drops of receivers the past 3 years, and hes hardly targeted... not good.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2015, 02:28 PM
They did, but the QB could not. DAT or Wilson is more than capable of being at least twice the player Dex was.

Sure, you could see it that way.

So let's say, for argument's sake, Bowe is actually a legit #1 or 1.5 or whatever....you dump him and replace him with a rookie who is maybe 70 percent as good considering experience and learning curves, etc.

You gonna roll with that? You're looking at your top WR having 400-500 yards and every defense doubling down on Kelce constantly as the top threat.

Yeah, I don't think they are going to risk that in a year the team absolutely has to make the playoffs.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Dwayne Bowe is in the top 5 for most drops of receivers the past 3 years, and hes hardly targeted... not good.

Link?

bsroyals54
01-05-2015, 02:30 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

Rausch
01-05-2015, 02:30 PM

So let's say, for argument's sake, Bowe is actually a legit #1 or 1.5 or whatever....you dump him and replace him with a rookie who is maybe 70 percent as good considering experience and learning curves, etc.

You gonna roll with that? You're looking at your top WR having 400-500 yards and every defense doubling down on Kelce constantly as the top threat.

Yeah, I don't think they are going to risk that in a year the team absolutely has to make the playoffs.

6 rookies this year had more receptions, yards, AND TD's than Bowe...

RunKC
01-05-2015, 02:32 PM

No WR scored a single point this season and we went 9-7. Bowe is not worth that contract.

If he restructures than great. Keep him. If not he can leave

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 02:33 PM

Well, I'd rather they try to keep Bowe and draft Kevin White.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 02:34 PM

Alex Smith

scho63
01-05-2015, 02:39 PM
A $14 million dollar receiver with ZERO touchdowns and many drops. Ask me if I give a shit if he is cut because he won't restructure. Bring in new talent such as Albert Wilson.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 02:41 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/images/imported/KC/AlexContract.jpg

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 02:42 PM
A $14 million dollar receiver with ZERO touchdowns and many drops. Ask me if I give a shit if he is cut because he won't restructure. Bring in new talent such as Albert Wilson.

Many drops LMAO

Rausch
01-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Alex Smith

TAMPA BAY
PANTHERS
Giants
EAGLES

Any of those teams have outstanding QB's?...

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 02:47 PM
TAMPA BAY
PANTHERS
Giants
EAGLES

Any of those teams have outstanding QB's?...

All of those teams have QBs that will throw the ball down the field and let the WRs go get it.

RunKC
01-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Mike Evans caught 11 TD's with Absolute trash at QB.

Bowe is at fault for this as well. Fumbling at the 1, having a backup DB swat a TD out of his hands.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 02:49 PM

Bowe is at fault for this as well. Fumbling at the 1, having a backup DB swat a TD out of his hands.

Evans has Josh McCown who will throw jump balls to him all game.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 02:51 PM
All of those teams have QBs that will throw the ball down the field and let the WRs go get it.

ILChief
01-05-2015, 02:52 PM
If he takes a massive paycut I'm fine with him coming back as a #2.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 02:54 PM
The best thing for this offense is for Bowe to take a paycut and we draft a WR in the 1st round like Kevin White.

ILChief
01-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Duron Carter is working out for KC on Wednesday. Coincidence?

MahiMike
01-05-2015, 03:00 PM
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/WtoH8Ximfq9iw" width="480" height="353" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Rausch
01-05-2015, 03:02 PM
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/WtoH8Ximfq9iw" width="480" height="353" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Darby O'Gill and the Little People!

MahiMike
01-05-2015, 03:02 PM
I'd rather take a chance on Justin Blackmon than bring Bowe back.

Brock
01-05-2015, 03:03 PM

Wow a whopping 2 plays where the ball was thrown near him in the red zone.

Not a scheme and qb problem at all. You just have to somehow believe tgat a wr was never, ever open near the end zone.

LMAO

penbrook
01-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Bowe just can't get separation. We need a WR who can get separation. Anyone have any ideas?

Rausch
01-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Not a scheme and qb problem at all. You just have to somehow believe tgat a wr was never, ever open near the end zone.

LMAO

Over the course of 1 or 2 or 3 games?

No.

A season?

That $3it is flawed to the core...

jd1020
01-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Duron Carter is working out for KC on Wednesday. Coincidence?

Nope.

Carter went undrafted in 2013 and had to go to Canada to continue playing football. That sounds like a Dorsey player through and through.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Bowe just can't get separation. We need a WR who can get separation. Anyone have any ideas?

You're a fucking moron.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 03:09 PM
That sounds like a Dorsey player through and through.

Sounds good.

How many Dorsey players have gone to a pro bowl, got all pro honors, or really been noted in any way outside of KC?...

bishop_74
01-05-2015, 03:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZJZHW8p.gif

WhiteWhale
01-05-2015, 03:11 PM

That doesn't make any sense.

Our QB was the same guy...

jd1020
01-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Sounds good.

How many Dorsey players have gone to a pro bowl, got all pro honors, or really been noted in any way outside of KC?...

Kelce is about the only player to have an impact so far.

Knile Davis has been pretty good in poaching TDs too, I guess that counts for something.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Kelce is about the only player to have an impact so far.

And he compares to any other pro bowl TE how?...

WhiteWhale
01-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Sounds good.

I don't think Dorsey has done a good job, but gauging a GM who has had 2 off-seasons on how many probowlers he's drafted is pretty goddamn dumb.

I don't think he's done a good job (must reiterate to avoid lame strawman argument), but a lot of really good players aren't in the probowl as rookies.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 03:23 PM
I don't think he's done a good job (must reiterate to avoid lame strawman argument), but a lot of really good players aren't in the probowl as rookies.

A lot of them are in their 2nd year.

We didn't draft any, but it's not uncommon.

We didn't draft any in our 2nd year either, but then again, we didn't draft anyone to compete for a starting position...

-King-
01-05-2015, 03:27 PM

Dwayne Bowe is a down the field receiver now?

-King-
01-05-2015, 03:28 PM

LMAO

So if it's a scheme/QB problem...why did Bowe catch 5 TDs last year?

-King-
01-05-2015, 03:30 PM
You're a fucking moron.

Compared to the vast majority of #1 receivers, he's not good at getting separation anymore. He'd be a good number two anywhere else, but no decent team would want Bowe as their #1 receiver at this point in his career.

petegz28
01-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Dwayne Bowe is a down the field receiver now?

Beat me to it....

-King-
01-05-2015, 03:31 PM
I'd rather take a chance on Justin Blackmon than bring Bowe back.Well that's just stupid.

petegz28
01-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Bowe is not a #1 WR. He is slower, he has a propensity to run less than crisp routes and he gets the drops more than you'd like and crucial times.

notorious
01-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Might as well put TE's at WR because all they do is block with this offense.

jd1020
01-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Might as well put TE's at WR because all they do is block with this offense.

I'm sure that will change. When the Chiefs sign Maclin in FA it's going to look like 1945 Japan in Arrowhead.

DaneMcCloud
01-05-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm sure that will change. When the Chiefs sign Maclin in FA it's going to look like 1945 Japan in Arrowhead.

LMAO

The Chiefs would have to double any offer Maclin receives to get him to KC.

Clyde Frog
01-05-2015, 03:49 PM

Just 2 big bombs all year. Sounds about right with this offense, no matter who is catching.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 03:50 PM
LMAO

Well, he does like playing for Reid...but It IS Kansas City, so...

notorious

Maclin Kamikaze into a sinking KC ship is a pretty good comparison.

penbrook
LMAO

Maclin isn't going anywhere

jd1020
01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
LMAO

I don't think he signs with KC. I think the Chiefs best hope in FA at WR are guys like Kenny Britt and Hakeem Nicks.

The people hoping for guys like Maclin and Cobb are smoking some good shit, imo.

MIAdragon
01-05-2015, 04:04 PM
I don't think he signs with KC. I think the Chiefs best hope in FA at WR are guys like Kenny Britt and Hakeem Nicks.

The people hoping for guys like Maclin and Cobb are smoking some good shit, imo.

Scrubs on the down slope, there is ZERO chance a decent WR would want to come here with Smiff behind center.

penbrook
01-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Per Albert Breer

One reason Chris Ballard turned down Jets interview -- When he becomes a GM, wants full authority. That was far from certain in New York.

Just Passin' By
01-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Scrubs on the down slope, there is ZERO chance a decent WR would want to come here with Smiff behind center.

With very few exceptions, players follow the money.

The Franchise
01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
With very few exceptions, players follow the money.

We have none.

Direckshun
01-05-2015, 04:12 PM
I haven't read the thread, so I have no idea if this is a majority opinion or not, but when a team generally has the league's worst WR corps in the league, it's a wise idea NOT to cut the only player on the team that means anything.

I'm 100% in favor of eventually replacing Bowe, perhaps as soon as next year. But we need a mid-level free agent and a premium draft pick to step in by the time he does -- maybe two.

That said, I simply don't know why Bowe would lower his salary. He could be a 1,000 yard receiver on any team with a halfway-aggressive QB. He's worth every penny. It's not his fault we overpaid.

petegz28
01-05-2015, 04:29 PM
I haven't read the thread, so I have no idea if this is a majority opinion or not, but when a team generally has the league's worst WR corps in the league, it's a wise idea NOT to cut the only player on the team that means anything.

I'm 100% in favor of eventually replacing Bowe, perhaps as soon as next year. But we need a mid-level free agent and a premium draft pick to step in by the time he does -- maybe two.

That said, I simply don't know why Bowe would lower his salary. He could be a 1,000 yard receiver on any team with a halfway-aggressive QB. He's worth every penny. It's not his fault we overpaid.

If cutting Bowe frees up $ for Houston then the answer is simple.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 04:30 PM
If cutting Bowe frees up $ for Houston then the answer is simple.

Yep. Cue the Curly Bill .gif

saphojunkie
01-05-2015, 04:31 PM

Randall Cobb.

rabblerouser
01-05-2015, 04:32 PM
That said, I simply don't know why Bowe would lower his salary. He could be a 1,000 yard receiver on any team with a halfway-aggressive QB.

Bowe isn't worth $15m/year.

End of discussion.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2015, 04:33 PM

Bowe caught 15 from Matt fucking Cassel.

penbrook
01-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Randall Cobb.

I mean a WR that isnt gonna re sign

TambaBerry
01-05-2015, 04:35 PM
It's on the qb not Bowe. If Alex didn't blow then bowe would be fine.