PDA

View Full Version : Life Ride on the roof?

SAUTO
01-07-2015, 01:35 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article5490360.html

Crazy.

I had a repo guy try to take a car that I had 3400 in storage on a couple months ago

He didn't get it, the bank paid me then another company picked it up.

Steron
01-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Sure this wasn't Florida?

saphojunkie
01-07-2015, 01:39 PM
He fucking SHOT AT HER CAR???

notorious
01-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Another auto shop employee followed in another vehicle and told police that he tried to stop the Cadillac by firing shots at its tires. One of the bullets hit the driver’s side door.

He opened fire on a car driving down the road. Yep, that guy's going to get it.

SAUTO
01-07-2015, 01:49 PM
He fucking SHOT AT HER CAR???

Another employee chasing them did, lol.

While one was hanging on the roof.

DC.chief
01-07-2015, 01:53 PM
I work for a repair shop and customers have tried that on us a few times. I've never decided to jump on a car or shoot at somebody about it but maybe I'm doing things wrong.

Few weeks back we had some guy tow his car in off the highway for stalling and even though we were crazy busy we stopped what we were doing to try to help him get back on the road. Turns out it needed a fuel pump and I gave him an estimate for like 750 bucks. Guy said well I guess I don't have a choice lets get it done. It's a 3 hour job that my shop really didn't have room to fit in that day but we were gonna make it happen. my tech manages to get it started before the pump arrived by beating on the tank and cranking it. Customer saw it running and jumped in it and peeled off with the freaking hood still up. I don't understand people. I mean the guy gave us all his info and I got the tag and vin # off of it. what really pissed me off was we had a fuel pressure guage hooked up to it that he kept. Dude even answered his phone when I called him and said oh I thought it was ready and I thought that was my tool. oh really? you thought it was finished and you could take off without paying and steal our tool? Idiots.

TimBone
01-07-2015, 01:56 PM
That is freaking nuts. What the hell prompted that dude to start shooting at the car? Crazy.

SAUTO
01-07-2015, 01:57 PM
I work for a repair shop and customers have tried that on us a few times. I've never decided to jump on a car or shoot at somebody about it but maybe I'm doing things wrong.

Few weeks back we had some guy tow his car in off the highway for stalling and even though we were crazy busy we stopped what we were doing to try to help him get back on the road. Turns out it needed a fuel pump and I gave him an estimate for like 750 bucks. Guy said well I guess I don't have a choice lets get it done. It's a 3 hour job that my shop really didn't have room to fit in that day but we were gonna make it happen. my tech manages to get it started before the pump arrived by beating on the tank and cranking it. Customer saw it running and jumped in it and peeled off with the freaking hood still up. I don't understand people. I mean the guy gave us all his info and I got the tag and vin # off of it. what really pissed me off was we had a fuel pressure guage hooked up to it that he kept. Dude even answered his phone when I called him and said oh I thought it was ready and I thought that was my tool. oh really? you thought it was finished and you could take off without paying and steal our tool? Idiots.a good pressure gauge is pretty expensive.

KC native
01-07-2015, 01:57 PM
That is freaking nuts. What the hell prompted that dude to start shooting at the car? Crazy.

Mechanics aren't brain surgeons or rocket scientists.

Just ask Sauto, he'll tell you right after he fetches me a sake :evil:

SAUTO
01-07-2015, 01:58 PM

Thought he could shoot out the tires to get her stopped, I would guess.

SAUTO
01-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Mechanics aren't brain surgeons or rocket scientists.

Just ask Sauto, he'll tell you right after he fetches me a sake :evil:

I was a brain surgeon/rocket scientist in my first two careers.

DC.chief
01-07-2015, 02:01 PM
a good pressure gauge is pretty expensive.

Yeah My tech was pretty upset, He said that's a couple hundred dollars I'll never get back. They never even caught the guy despite having all his information. Worthless cops.

Although he does now have a warrant out on him.

SAUTO
01-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Yeah My tech was pretty upset, He said that's a couple hundred dollars I'll never get back. They never even caught the guy despite having all his information. Worthless cops.

Yeah I would be pissed too.

I don't let my guys beat on the tank and get em started. It almost always causes an issue.

Customer doubts its bad, paid to get it towed. Takes the car then next time it quits is pissed to pay a tow again.

It's always a problem. Just push it in

DC.chief
01-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Yeah I would be pissed too.

I don't let my guys beat on the tank and get em started. It almost always causes an issue.

Customer doubts its bad, paid to get it towed. Takes the car then next time it quits is pissed to pay a tow again.

It's always a problem. Just push it in

We usually do just push them in but at that point we had no open racks. I guess he was confirming his own diagnosis. Idk why he did that actually. Fuel pressure test showed zero and he checked power and ground to the pump

Rain Man
01-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Another employee chasing them did, lol.

While one was hanging on the roof.

That's perhaps the funniest part. If I'm the guy hanging on to the roof, the last thing I want is someone chasing the car and shooting at it.

Rain Man
01-07-2015, 02:19 PM

Few weeks back we had some guy tow his car in off the highway for stalling and even though we were crazy busy we stopped what we were doing to try to help him get back on the road. Turns out it needed a fuel pump and I gave him an estimate for like 750 bucks. Guy said well I guess I don't have a choice lets get it done. It's a 3 hour job that my shop really didn't have room to fit in that day but we were gonna make it happen. my tech manages to get it started before the pump arrived by beating on the tank and cranking it. Customer saw it running and jumped in it and peeled off with the freaking hood still up. I don't understand people. I mean the guy gave us all his info and I got the tag and vin # off of it. what really pissed me off was we had a fuel pressure guage hooked up to it that he kept. Dude even answered his phone when I called him and said oh I thought it was ready and I thought that was my tool. oh really? you thought it was finished and you could take off without paying and steal our tool? Idiots.

Out of curiosity, what happens in two scenarios?

Scenario 1. He doesn't answer his phone and you've got all of his info. What do you do at that point? Is it a police deal or a small claims court deal or something else?

Scenario 2. In what happened, did he come back and pay? I'm presuming you informed him of some dire consequence for Scenario 1.

DC.chief
01-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Out of curiosity, what happens in two scenarios?

Scenario 1. He doesn't answer his phone and you've got all of his info. What do you do at that point? Is it a police deal or a small claims court deal or something else?

Scenario 2. In what happened, did he come back and pay? I'm presuming you informed him of some dire consequence for Scenario 1.

Phone call #1 he was trying to play dumb and even apologized at one point and asked if he took the tool off if the car would still run. I told him the vehicle could catch on fire with it attached thinking it may scare him into returning. Didn't work and he hung up on me.

The second call he didn't answer. The third time I used my cell so it was a different # and he actually answered and I gave him a get out of jail free card. Told him if he just brought the tool back we would drop it and he could go on his merry way. He even said ok I'll be right back but he never showed.

We ended up calling the cops, they found the vehicle was registered in another state and apparently they sent cops in that county to that address (the day after) but the place was abandoned.

So now he has a warrant out on him but I doubt I'll ever hear anything else about it

HemiEd
01-07-2015, 02:46 PM
crazy people, just crazy. It is a concrete jungle out there.

notorious
01-07-2015, 02:48 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/50456b4089f0208dc98acad1d88aea3a/tumblr_n2f4etDU2H1qfr6udo7_400.gif

jerryforeverrice80
01-07-2015, 03:05 PM
once you sign the paperwork for the repairs the vehicle is no longer yours until you pay the bill thanks have a nice day.

displacedinMN
01-07-2015, 03:35 PM
All truly amazing.

Its like the shop has to interview owners to see if they want to take on the person as a customer. Then run a credit check.

This world is screwed.