PDA

View Full Version : Life Do not ever ever ever let your wife stay home or go part time.

Pages : [1] 2 3

KC Jones
01-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Seriously, our divorce system is so fucked up. Because the "expectation during the marriage" was that she only worked 8 hour weeks for the last few years - she gets a huge payday even though her hourly rate is $42 - which would put her well over $80k/year if working full time. It doesn't matter that I didn't want the divorce or that this is all her idea or that she's a full time volunteer for a cult she joined. I could end up paying her fucking income for 9+ years thanks to my fucked up no-fault state and the "alimony reform" they enacted this year, so she can keep being an unpaid cult member and only work part time.

:cuss:

Seriously, if you are married with kids, even if it costs more for daycare than she makes - keep her working full time or divorce as soon as she cuts back her hours.

Dayze
01-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Cult?

TimBone
01-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Wouldn't it make you feel better to post her nudes here? I bet it would make you feel better.

Dayze
01-07-2015, 03:12 PM
I agree. probably would.
Therapeudic.

Bufkin
Have you considered eliminating yourself from the situation altogether?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T1w9K_OrRhg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC Jones
Cult?

She joined a buddhist group and became the personal assistant to the lama. When I became upset about the amount of time and money she was investing in it and her lack of participation in our family, she filed for divorce.

Steron
01-07-2015, 03:13 PM
It's cheaper to keep her.

ModSocks
01-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Cult?

Sounds like some satin-worhsipping sex-orgy gangbangs are happening.

ModSocks
01-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Wouldn't it make you feel better to post her nudes here? I bet it would make you feel better.

I know it would make US feel better.

I really think you should. It's a proper way of venting.

gblowfish
Rama Lama Ding Dong....

Dayze
Have you considered eliminating yourself from the situation altogether?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T1w9K_OrRhg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Buehler445
Holy fuck, Jones.

Sorry man. Really. Especially for the kids.

jd1020
I think I'd need to see clothed pics before I'm ready for the nudes.

gblowfish
01-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Sounds like some satin-worhsipping sex-orgy gangbangs are happening.

Satin worhsipping?

ModSocks
01-07-2015, 03:15 PM
She joined a buddhist group and became the personal assistant to the lama. When I became upset about the amount of time and money she was investing in it and her lack of participation in our family, she filed for divorce.

That's much less exciting than a Satan-worshipping gangbang cult.

That's very odd behavior though. She's gotta be sucking Lama dick.

ChiefRocka
01-07-2015, 03:16 PM

Personal Assistant you say? :D

CaliforniaChief
01-07-2015, 03:17 PM
I don't blame her. Lamas spit all the time, wouldn't be fun to work around that.

Eleazar
Buddhism in the far east would shock the American housewives who stop by the temple on their way home from Whole Foods.

ModSocks
Satin worhsipping?

"Satan-Worshiping"

Im at work, rushed posts, leave me alone.

notorious
01-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Hourly rate is $42? What does she do?

My wife is stay at home/going to nursing school. She got lazy after quitting for a while, that much is certain.

Bufkin
01-07-2015, 03:18 PM
"Satan-Worshiping"

Don't feel bad, my ex-wife was a satin worshiper. Spent all of our money on sheets. :cuss:

Dayze
01-07-2015, 03:19 PM
"Satan-Worshiping"

LMAO

KC Jones
01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
That's much less exciting than a Satin-worshipping gangbang cult.

That's very odd behavior though. She's gotta be sucking Lama dick.

I would almost prefer that were true. She's just fucking crazy and a true believer - which in a way is worse for the kids. She's detached from them as well, but I will only have 50% custody and be paying her child support in addition to alimony.

The divorce system feeds on men, I always heard about how unfair it is, but when your in it - man it's fucked up.

Steron
01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Don't feel bad, my ex-wife was a satin worshiper. Spent all of our money on sheets. :cuss:

My last name is Sheets. If I had a daughter I would have named her Satin. Or Polly Esther.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2015, 03:22 PM

Could be worse. Imagine if she was a statin worshiper. You'd be dead of a heart attack before long if you ever had any blockage issues.

Bufkin
01-07-2015, 03:22 PM
My last name is Sheets. If I had a daughter I would have named her Satin. Or Polly Esther.
When I was on my 2 year Church mission, we baptized a lady named Mary Christmas from Santa Claus Indiana. That's probably the worst I've ever heard.

Hootie
01-07-2015, 03:24 PM
this country needs some serious marriage reform before I decide to get married

Bufkin
Could be worse. Imagine if she was a statin worshiper. You'd be dead of a heart attack before long if you ever had any blockage issues.
Or a static worshiper. Can you imagine the shock of that?

Okay, I'm done. Back to KC's crazy ex-wife...

Dayze
yeah, I've personally known 2 guys whose wives were proven via P.I. investigations to be cheating on them with multiple guys; drunks, complete train wrecks/mid-life crisis girls, etc and my friends STILL received only split custody, paying child support and alimony. it was incredible.

I feel so bad for them. they're worked to death, and dead broke. They are both just shells of who they once were. no shit. sad.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2015, 03:25 PM

Women don't often go for drunks.

Eleazar
01-07-2015, 03:28 PM

ROFL

ThaVirus
01-07-2015, 03:28 PM

I think I'd need to see clothed pics before I'm ready for the nudes.

Heh.

Steron
01-07-2015, 03:29 PM
When I was on my 2 year Church mission, we baptized a lady named Mary Christmas from Santa Claus Indiana. That's probably the worst I've ever heard.

GTFO LMAO

Katipan
01-07-2015, 03:30 PM
I'm okay with doing away with the entire marriage option.

Hootie
01-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Women don't often go for drunks.

...?

sure about that?

Katipan
01-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Every woman has gone for a drunk.

KC Jones
01-07-2015, 03:32 PM

You're totally my type - we have so much in common!

ROFL

notorious
01-07-2015, 03:33 PM

ROFL

He's on the rebound Kat!

Bufkin
01-07-2015, 03:33 PM

ROFL
Pretty sure she's Vietnamese bro.

Steron
01-07-2015, 03:35 PM
With 50% custody you have to pay Child Support? On top of alimony?

Pre-nup's make more and more sense.

Easy 6
01-07-2015, 03:36 PM
I am so anti-alimony it makes me want to spit blood... child support? yes definitely... alimony, get ****ed you greedy ginch.

"I got used to a certain standard of living with this man"... well guess what, you're no longer WITH that man and you dont deserve jack, wanna live that lifestyle again?

Then go find another man making the same money... ooooooh I swear, alimony is the worst thing I've ever heard of, just a huuuuuuge bunch of baloney.

Katipan

ROFL

My psycho went even more psycho because he preemptively thought I'd behave like a typical psycho divorcee.

We're talking big bonfire in center of town next to the library.

Like I cared about purses he bought me. My CP shirt now...

sigh.

Steron

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2GoCvuu0dlQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Iowanian
01-07-2015, 03:37 PM
You should have all of the participants in the dating thread hit her up on Tinder....At least give them her digits so she can get the flood of icky dik piks

Katipan
He's on the rebound Kat!

If we have a baby together I can get his support to the other chick reduced.

Steron
I am so anti-alimony it makes me want to spit blood... child support? yes definitely... alimony, get ****ed you greedy ginch.

"I got used to a certain standard of living with this man"... well guess what, you're no longer WITH that man and you dont deserve jack, wanna live that lifestyle again?

Then go find another man making the same money... ooooooh I swear, alimony is the worst thing I've ever heard of, just a huuuuuuge bunch of baloney.

Rep

brucey_72
01-07-2015, 03:38 PM
My wife is a stay at home mom while she goes to school. I keep us a float and she babysits on the side.
But I do agree her staying at home isn't ideal and we both can't wait till she graduates school. I'm in school to get my masters as well, so it's extra hard to be parents, both go to school and both work full time. So it is better to have her at home.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2015, 03:39 PM
...?

sure about that?

Let's think about this Hootie.

Do you really want to marry a woman who is attracted to a drunk?

Eleazar
01-07-2015, 03:39 PM
If you post her contact info here, we can set her up on the fat bald goateed guy in his 40s dating service. She would get plenty of junk pics I bet.

Iowanian
01-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Alimony is pretty stupid unless it's an unique circumstance. This isn't the 50's, women are employable and able to make a living. One of the perks of being married to me is living the lifestyle I provide. If you choose to leave that, that's on you. I'd like to see more men flip the script when the wife brings home more coin and get alimony from her.

Also, anyone making marriage arrangements based on the best outcome for future divorce, should not get married.

KC native
01-07-2015, 03:41 PM

Wait a minute.

You're a mormon?

Bufkin
01-07-2015, 03:41 PM
What are the arguments for alimony? I've never heard them. Why does it exist?

Bufkin
01-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Wait a minute.

You're a mormon?
Obviously not anymore. I grew up in a devout LDS household from Orem Utah. My grandfather was a biology professor at BYU for the remainder of his life.

While I've left the faith, I still have a great respect for it. My mission was the best 2 years of my life.

Iowanian
01-07-2015, 03:43 PM
1950, June Cleaver stays home with Wally and the Beav. She never got an education, never had a job. Kids graduate after she's put in her 25 years at home with no real job options, Ward starts shagging his 25 year old administrative assistant and leaves her.

That's where it originated.

KC native
01-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Obviously not anymore. I grew up in a devout LDS household from Orem Utah. My grandfather was a biology professor at BYU for the remainder of his life.

While I've left the faith, I still have a great respect for it. My mission was the best 2 years of my life.

You're still tainted.

GTFO now!

Iowanian
How many moms do you have

Steron
Alimony is pretty stupid unless it's an unique circumstance. This isn't the 50's, women are employable and able to make a living. One of the perks of being married to me is living the lifestyle I provide. If you choose to leave that, that's on you. I'd like to see more men flip the script when the wife brings home more coin and get alimony from her.

Also, anyone making marriage arrangements based on the best outcome for future divorce, should not get married.

Agree.

When I got divorced my ex was making 2x what I was. I was laid off 10 months and went from 68k to 30k when I finally found something else. She works for DoD. I just wanted out. Maybe I should have asked for Alimony?

KC Jones
01-07-2015, 03:45 PM

(almost) Nobody gets married thinking they will ever get divorced.

KC native
No alimony in Texas for under 10 years of marriage.

Also, from what I've heard if the wife is employable then it is harder for them to get alimony here.

Bufkin
How many moms do you have
1, although my dad seemed kind of feminine growing up, so probably 2.

KC native
01-07-2015, 03:46 PM
(almost) Nobody gets married thinking they will ever get divorced.

That's part of the problem. With a 50% failure/success rate, more people should plan for that eventuality.

Easy 6
01-07-2015, 03:47 PM
I would reeeally like to hear Baby Lee or Banyon give us some insight into this law, it has always bothered me... what in the WORLD gives a woman the right to claim alimony?

Thank God I never made enough to make the ex consider it as an option LMAO

Hammock Parties

Fuck. Do they have this in any other states?

Discuss Thrower

Also, from what I've heard if the wife is employable then it is harder for them to get alimony here.

If it weren't for the fact that your state is full of dickheads, is incredibly spread out and ungodly hot in the Summer.

I'd totes live there.

Steron
01-07-2015, 03:48 PM
If it weren't for the fact that your state is full of dickheads, is incredibly spread out and ungodly hot in the Summer.

I'd totest live there.

I dunno. I liked Texas when I lived there. It was only 10 months, mind you. But it seemed like a place I wouldn't mind ending up one day.

Dayze
01-07-2015, 03:49 PM
1950, June Cleaver stays home with Wally and the Beav. She never got an education, never had a job. Kids graduate after she's put in her 25 years at home with no real job options, Ward starts shagging his 25 year old administrative assistant and leaves her.

That's where it originated.

yep. that.

Just Passin' By
01-07-2015, 03:51 PM
For a man, getting married without a prenuptial agreement is a sucker's bet.

morphius
That's part of the problem. With a 50% failure/success rate, more people should plan for that eventuality.

Actually, first marriage divorce rate is more like 30%.

Kman34

Loony toons...Better off with that out of your lfe

Hammock Parties
01-07-2015, 03:52 PM
For a man, getting married without a prenuptial agreement is a sucker's bet.

What if the wife has a career, though?

Just Passin' By
01-07-2015, 03:53 PM
What if the wife has a career, though?

That doesn't change anything. A decent prenuptial agreement protects both parties.

Kman34
01-07-2015, 03:54 PM
So.....what did you put down for the BJ poll??

Easy 6
01-07-2015, 03:55 PM
yep. that.

Well, thats actually a pretty good basic understanding of what it was originally meant to be, and it sounds pretty fair at face value... just seems like so many of todays cases dont fit that description.

These days you even have men claiming it, Liz Taylors ex Larry Fortensky got it and so did Kevin Federlein... other than Iowaninans narrow description, its hard to understand how anyone could be eligible for someone else' money after a divorce.

Dayze
01-07-2015, 03:56 PM
yeah, i agree. when the idea of alimony first showed up, times were very different.

redfan
If you were in KC, I'd recommend Cordell & Cordell. Those guys get it done.

raybec 4

When my brother got his divorce, that his gash ex asked for because she was boning someone else, she asked for him to keep her on his health insurance. The judge said no, so she came over to the house he and I were living in at the time and begged him to keep her insured. She said "What will I do if I get sick?" my brother said "You know that's the beauty of this whole divorce thing, I don't have to give a fuck anymore" Closed the door on her and their entire relationship.

Dayze
01-07-2015, 03:57 PM
LMAO. nice.

KC native
01-07-2015, 03:58 PM

I'd totes live there.

It's easy to live here but there are a lot of dumb fucks here.

I would move back to KC in a heart beat if I found a job worth moving for.

keg in kc
01-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Holy shit a cult? Damn. Sorry dude.

raybec 4
01-07-2015, 04:00 PM
It's easy to live here but there are a lot of dumb ****s here.

I was stationed at Ft Hood for three years, the only problem with Texas is that it's full of Texans.

morphius
01-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Sorry KC Jones, that is pretty crappy!

KC native
Actually, first marriage divorce rate is more like 30%.

Close enough to round up to 50%. :D

KC native
I was stationed at Ft Hood for three years, the only problem with Texas is that it's full of Texans.

Exactly

Iowanian
01-07-2015, 04:02 PM
http://cdn.hark.com/images/000/478/232/478232/original.jpg

Dayze
naughty language
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p24yaB5eAd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brock
Damn, sorry dude. Hopefully she'll get remarried quick.

Easy 6
01-07-2015, 04:04 PM
When my brother got his divorce, that his gash ex asked for because she was boning someone else, she asked for him to keep her on his health insurance. The judge said no, so she came over to the house he and I were living in at the time and begged him to keep her insured. She said "What will I do if I get sick?" my brother said "You know that's the beauty of this whole divorce thing, I don't have to give a **** anymore" Closed the door on her and their entire relationship.

Hilarious, he should thank his lucky stars the judge was no nonsense, I've heard horror stories of ones that gave the woman every benefit of the doubt.

BucEyedPea
01-07-2015, 04:06 PM
yeah, I've personally known 2 guys whose wives were proven via P.I. investigations to be cheating on them with multiple guys; drunks, complete train wrecks/mid-life crisis girls, etc and my friends STILL received only split custody, paying child support and alimony. it was incredible.

I feel so bad for them. they're worked to death, and dead broke. They are both just shells of who they once were. no shit. sad.

That's gross. That happened to my neighbor though. She was hooking up with men online. I felt so bad when his three year old said to me— "My mom and dad aren't friends anymore" and cried.

And my cousin told 2 years ago if he didn't want 4 kids he had to move out...but she was bangin' someone else, got pregnant by him too. She got child support and wanted alimony even though she worked. She didn't get it though. Helped he lost his job in the middle of negotiations, but after all done and sealed 6 months later he got a better job with better opportunity.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 04:11 PM
It's easy to live here but there are a lot of dumb fucks here.

Do you even Cerner brah

Rain Man
01-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Gosh, sorry to hear about all of this, KC. I wish you the best going forward.

Dayze
01-07-2015, 04:12 PM
That's gross. That happened to my neighbor though. She was hooking up with men online. I felt so bad when his three year old said to me— "My mom and dad aren't friends anymore" and cried.

And my cousin told 2 years ago if he didn't want 4 kids he had to move out...but she was bangin' someone else, got pregnant by him too. She got child support and wanted alimony even though she worked. She didn't get it though. Helped he lost his job in the middle of negotiations, but after all done and sealed 6 months later he got a better job with better opportunity.

yeah. the wife of one of my buds was going to a local watering hole/restaurant every Wednesday (or whatever night it was) for ladies night. Had video (from afar) of her over the span of about 2 hours going from the bar, out to the parking lot with 3 separate dudes to her car where she would blow them. Like, she would take one out...then about a half hour later, a different dude, and so on. It was incredible. and that was just one night of surveilance - I guess this happened over the course of several weeks at one point. and it was just a part of crazy shit she was doing (a large part, mind you, but there was a ton of other crap)

even after all that.....50/50, child support, and alimony. I mean the alimony isn't like several grand a month or anything, but still. ANYTHING is BS IMO.I think he told me it was a few hundred bucks a month.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Close enough to round up to 50%. :D

But it rounds down closer to 25%.

Saying a little over one in four US marriages end in divorce is pretty remarkable when you consider the amount of people who get married when everyone but the couple themselves realize it's a bad idea.

KC native
01-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Do you even Cerner brah

No sir. I like finance and the investing side in particular. I've got my eye on a couple companies in KC but need to finish my CFA.

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Satin worhsipping?

Textile fetish.

KC native
01-07-2015, 04:17 PM
yeah. the wife of one of my buds was going to a local watering hole/restaurant every Wednesday (or whatever night it was) for ladies night. Had video (from afar) of her over the span of about 2 hours going from the bar, out to the parking lot with 3 separate dudes to her car where she would blow them. Like, she would take one out...then about a half hour later, a different dude, and so on. It was incredible. and that was just one night of surveilance - I guess this happened over the course of several weeks at one point. and it was just a part of crazy shit she was doing (a large part, mind you, but there was a ton of other crap)

even after all that.....50/50, child support, and alimony. I mean the alimony isn't like several grand a month or anything, but still. ANYTHING is BS IMO.I think he told me it was a few hundred bucks a month.

Wow. So did you get to meet vailpass in person during this episode?

stevieray
01-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Sorry. man.

:shake:

...that's just wrong on so many levels.

KC native
01-07-2015, 04:19 PM
But it rounds down closer to 25%.

Saying a little over one in four US marriages end in divorce is pretty remarkable when you consider the amount of people who get married when everyone but the couple themselves realize it's a bad idea.

3 rounds up to 5.

Dayze
01-07-2015, 04:19 PM

yep. i was stunned.

I'll give everyone one guess as to which state this occured.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2015, 04:20 PM
And people wonder why less and less young people are getting married...

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 04:21 PM
No sir. I like finance and the investing side in particular. I've got my eye on a couple companies in KC but need to finish my CFA.

I'm looking into possible study in this field.

KC native
01-07-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm looking into possible study in this field.

If you want to land a high paying job in finance, plan on getting an MBA. Since you already have an undergrad, you should focus on getting into a decent MBA program.

Chaunceythe3rd
01-07-2015, 04:22 PM

:clap: That's a good one!

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 04:24 PM
If you want to land a high paying job in finance, plan on getting an MBA. Since you already have an undergrad, you should focus on getting into a decent MBA program.

What about a specific masters in finance?

KC native
01-07-2015, 04:25 PM
What about a specific masters in finance?

Yes, an MBA with a specialty in finance is what you want. Some programs offer that, some don't.

I'm not aware of any specific masters in finance programs.

Valiant
01-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Blame Colorado..

Time for you to get a job that pays less and pays cash..

BucEyedPea
01-07-2015, 04:30 PM
That's very unfortunate KC Jones.

alnorth
01-07-2015, 04:30 PM
There's really only a couple cases where alimony makes sense.

1) The stay-at-home mom sacrifices her opportunity for higher education and employability to put in 1 or 2 decades raising the kids at home.

2) She was working supporting you while you were putting in your years in medical school, giving you all the financial and emotional support you needed to become a doctor, and as soon as you graduate and get the high-paying gig, you dump her.

BucEyedPea
01-07-2015, 04:32 PM
As to marriage being too risky today. People have less of the values that create a stable marriage. People have to be more careful of who they marry and still something can change.

Mr. Flopnuts
I'm seriously sitting here raging over this. It's fucking preposterous that a woman can suddenly decide to become a whore and still run off with half your shit, AND a monthly fucking welfare check that you're personally responsible to pay...

BucEyedPea
There's really only a couple cases where alimony makes sense.

1) The stay-at-home mom sacrifices her opportunity for higher education and employability to put in 1 or 2 decades raising the kids at home.

2) She was working supporting you while you were putting in your years in medical school, giving you all the financial and emotional support you needed to become a doctor, and as soon as you graduate and get the high-paying gig, you dump her.

I agree.

BucEyedPea
01-07-2015, 04:34 PM
I'm seriously sitting here raging over this. It's ****ing preposterous that a woman can suddenly decide to become a whore and still run off with half your shit, AND a monthly ****ing welfare check that you're personally responsible to pay...

That's no fault divorce and it's been a disaster. There needs to be some accountability.

Amnorix
01-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Damn, sorry dude. Hopefully she'll get remarried quick.

What is really annoying is that alimony laws disincentivize remarriage. More likely she will shack up with a boyfriend, and keep collecting the alimony checks.

Sometimes said shacking up happens in the former marital home. So the guy is paying the ex to life in his former home with her new boyfriend.

Yeah... That's cool.

And possibly driving the car you bought her, in which case, Chris Rock comes into play...

VERY NSFW Language!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J8TqhBIEbWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
01-07-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm seriously sitting here raging over this. It's fucking preposterous that a woman can suddenly decide to become a whore and still run off with half your shit, AND a monthly fucking welfare check that you're personally responsible to pay...

I'd fucking move to Europe or something.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Yes, an MBA with a specialty in finance is what you want. Some programs offer that, some don't.

I'm not aware of any specific masters in finance programs.

One I'm looking into won't begin for another year.. That seems like a great amount of time for me to take any prereqs my wonderful English degree doesnt' cover along with getting logistics in order.

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2015, 04:38 PM
LMAO Love that bit. One of my favorites.

notorious
Divorce should divide up half the shit that accumulated during the marriage and give enough money to the stay-at-home to find a job within 1 year.

What that money doesn't make up for, the government cheese will.

BigRedChief
Wouldn't it make you feel better to post her nudes here? I bet it would make you feel better.Well played sir, well played.:clap:

Pepe Silvia
I'd ****ing move to Europe or something.

Me too. I'd tell them to get bent they'd have to kill me.

Amnorix
01-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Then there is Chris Rock on Alimony. "What about what the man is 'accustomed to?'"

"I want some pussy payment"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XAmeW8bq08k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater
01-07-2015, 04:41 PM
There's a reason divorce is expensive...

Amnorix
01-07-2015, 04:42 PM
I don't practice divorce law, but I will say this -- I am seeing somewhat more fairness in the system that we used to. Don't mistake that with PERFECT fairness, but it used to be worse.

Lately I've seen/heard more instances of men being awarded outright custody of kids, men being awarded alimony from high-earning women, and Massachusetts dramatically revamped it's HORRIFIC divorce laws to make them somewhat more fair.

KC native
01-07-2015, 04:43 PM
One I'm looking into won't begin for another year.. That seems like a great amount of time for me to take any prereqs my wonderful English degree doesnt' cover along with getting logistics in order.

See if you can find some old Level 1 CFA curriculum books at Half Price Books or online somewhere. Just read all the volumes and work the problems and you'll be ahead of the game. Then get Level 2 and do the same.

Discuss Thrower
In regards to marital rights and stuff, there needs to be a *serious* push to make paternity tests an inalienable right to every American man.

BigRedChief
I'm seriously sitting here raging over this. It's fucking preposterous that a woman can suddenly decide to become a whore and still run off with half your shit, AND a monthly fucking welfare check that you're personally responsible to pay...Doesn't everyone know this is part of the deal?

Whatever you accumulate in your time together, you split evenly when one person decides its over. Doesn't matter that its one persons fault. That they want to run off with their secretary, bang the pool boy etc.

Not saying its right, but its been that way 30-40 years now. You don't like it, get a pre-nuptial agreement. I bet bringing that subject up will go over real well.

Amnorix
01-07-2015, 04:45 PM
A summary of the revisions in Massachusetts divorce laws enacted a couple years ago.

http://betterafter50.com/2012/06/divorce-law-changes-in-ma-women-beware/

And reform is what we got. The new Alimony Reform Act creates four distinct categories of alimony: rehabilitative alimony (support to help a person become self-sufficient within 5 years), reimbursement alimony (support awarded in short-term marriages to compensate for prior contributions to the payor’s financial resources, such as financing the payor’s education), transitional alimony (support awarded in short-term marriages to help the recipient adjust to a relocation or change in lifestyle), and general term alimony (regular payments of support based on the number of months a couple were married, usually in an amount equal to 30-35% of the difference in the parties’ incomes).

What’s more, alimony is NOT now for life. The Act provides that Alimony terminates when the payor reaches full retirement age. Further, a spouse’s cohabitation with a sexual partner for more than 90 days may result in the suspension, reduction, or termination of alimony payments. And this does not just apply to new divorces! Previously divorced persons may seek the new benefits offered by the Act by returning to Court to modify their previous divorce judgments (provided they have met the “waiting periods” detailed in the Act).

What does this mean to us? Divorcing women cannot expect to be supported by their former spouses for remainder of their lives. Women are well-advised to develop a reasonable plan to become self-supporting, particularly if they are married for fewer than 20 years (which is the date that courts in the Commonwealth can consider awarding alimony for an indefinite length of time). BA50s who currently receive alimony need to take action right now to plan for the inevitable end of alimony in their “golden years.” (Although it is not entirely clear, the Act suggests that providers/husbands may be permitted to continue to work beyond retirement age and have no obligation to pay alimony to their former spouses even if the marriage was longer than twenty years.)

notorious
01-07-2015, 04:48 PM
In regards to marital rights and stuff, there needs to be a *serious* push to make paternity tests an inalienable right to every American man.

They need to be automatic for every birth IMO.

KC native
01-07-2015, 04:51 PM

That shit won't matter.

Despite having no alimony, in Texas if you are married to a chick and she gets pregnant you are assumed to be the father and responsible for that child. If you don't contest this really soon or you provide for the child, then you're on the hook even if the real father is found down the road (this happened to someone I know).

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 04:52 PM
They need to be automatic for every birth IMO.

It definitely should be.

The most common sense and DEFENSIBLE reason to test the paternity of a child is to determine whether or not a child faces health issues from an inheritable disease like Huntington's...

notorious
01-07-2015, 04:52 PM
That shit won't matter.

Despite having no alimony, in Texas if you are married to a chick and she gets pregnant you are assumed to be the father and responsible for that child. If you don't contest this really soon or you provide for the child, then you're on the hook even if the real father is found down the road (this happened to someone I know).

JFC

On what backwards fucking planet does that make any sense?

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 04:54 PM
That shit won't matter.

But there has to be a defense for men in this case. The option must be on the table for a man who believes (or shit, has proof) of a wife or SO's infidelity. Paternity tests are illegal in France, and the same I believe goes for Germany.

"Mommy's baby. Daddy's? Maybe."

DMAC
01-07-2015, 04:55 PM
JFC

The planet of Texas.

Mr. Flopnuts
Doesn't everyone know this is part of the deal?

Whatever you accumulate in your time together, you split evenly when one person decides its over. Doesn't matter that its one persons fault. That they want to run off with their secretary, bang the pool boy etc.

Not saying its right, but its been that way 30-40 years now. You don't like it, get a pre-nuptial agreement. I bet bringing that subject up will go over real well.

I'm WAY more concerned with the welfare check than splitting assets. My wife and I just did talk about it. She's as pissed as I am. I chose wisely and we have no kids. I'm not mad for me, I'm mad for KC Jones.

Discuss Thrower
JFC

Courts always find that the best interests of a child take precedence over all others.

It's better to have a cuckold father than no father at all.

And the fact that a dude shells out for a kid without knowing whether it is his or not implies he is okay with this fact.

KC native
01-07-2015, 04:56 PM
JFC

The court has ruled that it is in the interest of society for the child to be provided for. If you're the one supposed to be doing the providing then you're on the hook.

The guy I know had a chick say the kid was his and then didn't get in touch with him for almost 4 years. He got served and didn't properly contest it (he's fucking stupid) and now he owes a shit load of back child support (and it still hasn't been determined if the kid is actually his).

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-07-2015, 04:57 PM
It's cheaper to off her.

Fixed

KC native
01-07-2015, 04:57 PM
The planet of Texas.

The law is the same in Missouri as far as I know.

RINGLEADER
01-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Gotta get a pre-nup.

Then if the day ever comes you've already gone through the divorce and there's nothing to fight about.

Al Bundy
01-07-2015, 05:01 PM
I have had other friends who have gone through this. I have been divorced since 1996. My friends have all moved out of their house and in to apartments when their wives decided they wanted a divorce. I didn't. I stayed in the house and she had to move out. The divorce was quick and I found out via a PI she had a BF before we were divorced, she got what she came in to the marriage with. Nothing.

Amnorix
01-07-2015, 05:02 PM
JFC

"The best interests of the child".

NOTHING else matters.

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Women are divorcing you geniuses? Astounding.

KC Jones
01-07-2015, 05:03 PM
A summary of the revisions in Massachusetts divorce laws enacted a couple years ago.

All of that makes sense, and in my case I would be fine with paying alimony for a year while she lines up a full time job. Even though she's only worked part time to be home for the kids, we paid for continuing education, conferences, etc. to keep her professional skillset up to date so if something ever came up she'd have her career. It's not like she abandoned it to raise the kids - we kept everything tuned up and ready, she just wants to be chauffeured instead of driving herself.

notorious
01-07-2015, 05:04 PM

Wives can't stand the pain of having huge penises in them 7-8 times a day.

Divorce is the only way out.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 05:04 PM

Something something bald fat dudes something something goatees something something pork shoulder.

KC native
01-07-2015, 05:08 PM
All of that makes sense, and in my case I would be fine with paying alimony for a year while she lines up a full time job. Even though she's only worked part time to be home for the kids, we paid for continuing education, conferences, etc. to keep her professional skillset up to date so if something ever came up she'd have her career. It's not like she abandoned it to raise the kids - we kept everything tuned up and ready, she just wants to be chauffeured instead of driving herself.

Holy fuck dude. Did you get a lawyer? You shouldn't have gotten completely fucked on alimony.

BigRedChief
01-07-2015, 05:08 PM
It definitely should be.

The most common sense and DEFENSIBLE reason to test the paternity of a child is to determine whether or not a child faces health issues from an inheritable disease like Huntington's...It is illegal to make someone submit a DNA sample without a court order and a crime.

Constitution is pretty clear on this....... no search and seizure without cause.

Also, in present day you have another issue, if a health care company gets a copy of your DNA and sees you have a genetic ticking time bomb, what will they do? What about an employer?

I did the DNA swab and posted my genetic code out there. Found out I was a direct descendant of James Franklin(Benjamin's brother), where I came from genetically. But, I had a clean genetic profile. No ticking genetic flaws. If I had, I wouldn't have posted the profile.

SPchief
01-07-2015, 05:11 PM
In related news: http://www.kctv5.com/story/27783596/billionaires-ex-wife-rejects-975m-divorce-settlement

ThaVirus
01-07-2015, 05:13 PM
It is illegal to make someone submit a DNA sample without a court order and a crime.

Constitution is pretty clear on this....... no search and seizure without cause.

Also, in present day you have another issue, if a health care company gets a copy of your DNA and sees you have a genetic ticking time bomb, what will they do? What about an employer?

I did the DNA swab and posted my genetic code out there. Found out I was a direct descendant of James Franklin(Benjamin's brother), where I came from genetically. But, I had a clean genetic profile. No ticking genetic flaws. If I had, I wouldn't have posted the profile.

Nice humble brag here. Very vital information to the topic at hand.

BigRedChief
01-07-2015, 05:14 PM
I'm WAY more concerned with the welfare check than splitting assets. My wife and I just did talk about it. She's as pissed as I am. I chose wisely and we have no kids. I'm not mad for me, I'm mad for KC Jones.Oh, I agree. Sounds extremely unfair.

I've been married to the love of my life for 25 years. She has given me wonderful years and a great son. If she wants everything and I'm poor again........I got the better deal.

BigRedChief
01-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Nice humble brag here. Very vital information to the topic at hand.Why is that? It's pot luck like being born white or black, red or black hair etc. I had nothing to do with it. It's all pot luck. The point was the DNA can provide you with great information. But also fuck you in the long term.

KC Jones
01-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Holy **** dude. Did you get a lawyer? You shouldn't have gotten completely ****ed on alimony.

I have a lawyer - nothing is final yet, but the lawyer is all "don't know what a judge might do". We have an alimony guideline/calculation here, and the judge could decide to plug her current 8 hour week salary in, or he could choose to impute her full time income, or he could just decide I make enough to pay her 1/4 of my income for a decade. So we're negotiating now through the attorneys. Going to court will probably cost $20k for each of us, and they would probably stick me with at least part of her attorney bill based on the income ratio.

BigRedChief
01-07-2015, 05:27 PM
I have a lawyer - nothing is final yet, but the lawyer is all "don't know what a judge might do". We have an alimony guideline/calculation here, and the judge could decide to plug her current 8 hour week salary in, or he could choose to impute her full time income, or he could just decide I make enough to pay her 1/4 of my income for a decade. So we're negotiating now through the attorneys. Going to court will probably cost $20k for each of us, and they would probably stick me with at least part of her attorney bill based on the income ratio.That really sucks dude. Doesn't seem fair by any measure. Sorry.

BucEyedPea
01-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Courts always find that the best interests of a child take precedence over all others.

It's better to have a cuckold father than no father at all.

And the fact that a dude shells out for a kid without knowing whether it is his or not implies he is okay with this fact.

Happened to my brother about 12 years ago. Had twins. Everyone visits and loves them. Turns out they're the babies of her junior at work. Did a paternity test. She made big bucks as a finance person though. Anyhow, when he finds out he agrees to still be their dad as the affair had been over. Turns out 6 months later she wants both men in the twins lives. He didn't want the two dad's deal. Nope. So he divorced her. No alimony. She made more than him and he didn't do bad himself.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Happened to my brother about 12 years ago. Had twins. Everyone visits and loves them. Turns out they're the babies of her junior at work. Did a paternity test. She made big bucks as a finance person though. Anyhow, when he finds out he agrees to still be their dad as the affair had been over. Turns out 6 months later she wants both men in the twins lives. He didn't want the two dad's deal. Nope. So he divorced her. No alimony. She made more than him and he didn't do bad himself.

That's the kind of shit that makes me think those Redpill/MGTOW weirdos at Reddit have the right idea.

Pepe Silvia
01-07-2015, 05:31 PM
That shit won't matter.

Damn that sucks. In the old days they would both have to pay, in fact anyone intimately attached would have to pay.

Nzoner
01-07-2015, 06:22 PM

reminds me of that Richard Pryor bit,"woman said she wanted half,I said bitch you ain't never told a joke in your life!"

Mr. Flopnuts
01-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Oh, I agree. Sounds extremely unfair.

I've been married to the love of my life for 25 years. She has given me wonderful years and a great son. If she wants everything and I'm poor again........I got the better deal.

Me too bud. I made that choice with all confidence and feel good about it. I'm lucky. My heart still bleeds for others fooled by charlatans. It's a bullshit system...

ghak99
01-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Yeah, marriage continues to grow to be a very risky endeavor for men. I know so many dudes around my age (30) that are just NOT going to take the plunge. It's almost safer to knock up a somewhat attractive druggy, have your children, and then get custody as you turn them to the courts for being a druggy. To actually pursue top shelf women in today's society, you run a severe risk of getting your sh*t handed to you.

I probably fit in that category. I may never get married and, so far, I'm perfectly fine with that. Lost at least one really good girl because she couldn't wrap her mind around it... 5 years later she apologized, after going through a divorce, and said she completely understood.

I actually know a guy who unintentionally went down the dumb whore, take custody, and move on route. It's actually working out pretty damn awesome for him. Lucky ****.

MTG#10
01-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Having to pay child support even though you have the kids half the time is almost as fucked up as having to pay alimony. You have to provide a roof over their head, clothes, food, and pay for other child related expenses the same as she does so why should either one of you have to pay the other one anything?

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2015, 07:07 PM

What???

vailpass
01-07-2015, 07:13 PM

Heh, well played.
But I've never messed with another man's wife.
Though this one sounds like she needs a good hard ass fucking...

Tacoman
01-07-2015, 07:27 PM

Wow that is awesome! My story isn't quite as cool, but it is along the same lines.

My car got hit by a UTA Bus (Utah public transit) driven by a guy named Santa Claus!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/635171583/Santa-is-real-guy--and-he-drives-bus-most-of-time.html?pg=all

Tacoman
01-07-2015, 07:31 PM
I have a lawyer - nothing is final yet, but the lawyer is all "don't know what a judge might do". We have an alimony guideline/calculation here, and the judge could decide to plug her current 8 hour week salary in, or he could choose to impute her full time income, or he could just decide I make enough to pay her 1/4 of my income for a decade. So we're negotiating now through the attorneys. Going to court will probably cost $20k for each of us, and they would probably stick me with at least part of her attorney bill based on the income ratio.

That is totally brutal man :( I'm really sorry to hear that this is where the situation is currently at. Hopefully you get a judge that is on the side of fairness instead of crazy like most of them seem to be. I hope it turns out ok for you.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 07:43 PM
If I wasn't married for 23 years to my highschool sweetheart, I sure as fuck wouldn't get married after reading these posts.

notorious
01-07-2015, 07:45 PM
If I wasn't married for 23 years to my highschool sweetheart, I sure as **** wouldn't get married after reading these posts.

There are a lot of devious twats out there.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 07:51 PM
There are a lot of devious twats out there.
No thank you. Much rather come home to the Mrs.

At least I know I can get laid when ever I want.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2015, 07:52 PM
I guarantee you that the Lama gets dry anal if he asks for it. Sorry, bruh.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 07:52 PM
No thank you. Much rather come home to the Mrs.

At least I know I can get laid when ever I want.

But CP told me that dudes with goatees can't get laid...

TribalElder
01-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Seriously, our divorce system is so fucked up. Because the "expectation during the marriage" was that she only worked 8 hour weeks for the last few years - she gets a huge payday even though her hourly rate is $42 - which would put her well over $80k/year if working full time. It doesn't matter that I didn't want the divorce or that this is all her idea or that she's a full time volunteer for a cult she joined. I could end up paying her fucking income for 9+ years thanks to my fucked up no-fault state and the "alimony reform" they enacted this year, so she can keep being an unpaid cult member and only work part time.

Seriously, if you are married with kids, even if it costs more for daycare than she makes - keep her working full time or divorce as soon as she cuts back her hours.

I'll take "don't get married" for the win

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 07:55 PM
But CP told me that dudes with goatees can't get laid...
The Mrs doesn't complain. I take pride in knowing that after 23 years I an still pulling tail 2-4 times a week.

Prison Bitch
01-07-2015, 07:56 PM
I probably fit in that category. I may never get married and, so far, I'm perfectly fine with that. Lost at least one really good girl because she couldn't wrap her mind around it... 5 years later she apologized, after going through a divorce, and said she completely understood.

I actually know a guy who unintentionally went down the dumb whore, take custody, and move on route. It's actually working out pretty damn awesome for him. Lucky ****.

Doesn't sound too damn awesome for the child. And spare me the "actually they're all doing well" response.

Psyko Tek
01-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Cult?

she is working for the RNC...

TribalElder
01-07-2015, 09:41 PM
I should have read the entire thread first but I had to post the don't get married bit
I'll take "don't get married" for the win

Real Talk, get a different lawyer. It sounds like the lawyer you have is a pussy. If he is already copping out to a plea alimony agreement he is a bitch. Get a good lawyer. A good lawyer can prove the sky is not blue and water is not wet. A good lawyer can save you from years of agony. Get a lawyer who is a cutthroat that will prove she doesn't deserve custody and will expose her character flaws.

You can still win this thing if you fire that pussy you are calling a lawyer and get someone who is kickass. Maybe could receive alimony payments from her if you get a kick ass lawyer

You better call Saul

Buehler445
01-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Doesn't everyone know this is part of the deal?

It's not just what you acquire. After 2 years in KS its everything. If you were a billionaire and she had not a penny, after 2 years, she gets 500Mil.

Take the 40K and hire a hit on the bitch.

I have no idea what I would do if my wife pulled some shit. I'd probably go to jail.

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Is there any chance you have a loyal dog that might be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for you, Mr. Jones?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289777

Dave Lane
01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
I would almost prefer that were true. She's just fucking crazy and a true believer - which in a way is worse for the kids. She's detached from them as well, but I will only have 50% custody and be paying her child support in addition to alimony.

The divorce system feeds on men, I always heard about how unfair it is, but when your in it - man it's fucked up.

Buddy of mine is about to get $1,200,000 from his soon to be ex-wife and 8 years of alimony at about $3k a month.

TribalElder
01-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Buddy of mine is about to get $1,200,000 from his soon to be ex-wife and 8 years of alimony at about $3k a month.

Obvious winner

Holy shit ROFL

Dave Lane
01-07-2015, 10:06 PM
The Mrs doesn't complain. I take pride in knowing that after 23 years I an still pulling tail 2-4 times a week.

The Story of Reerun_KC :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BWtEwX6aqDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its a love story. Kinda tears you up and all.

Amnorix
01-07-2015, 10:09 PM

Sounds like what we used to have here in Massachusetts. Judges had ALOT of discretion, so it was hard to plan, and husbands were nervous the court would screw them (because there was a lot of history for that). The new system is infinitely better and more fair.

KC native
01-07-2015, 10:22 PM
What???

Did you miss vail's thread about getting head from the chick at a bar in his car?

KC native
01-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Heh, well played.
But I've never messed with another man's wife.
Though this one sounds like she needs a good hard ass fucking...

:thumb:

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Did you miss vail's thread about getting head from the chick at a bar in his car?

Guess I did. I thought you meant his wife was blowing dudes at the bar.

GoChargers
01-07-2015, 10:30 PM

On this we agree. Feminists have completely ruined the institution of marriage. Instead of a legitimate commitment, it's becoming a scam through which women can cash out at men's expense.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 10:54 PM
The Story of Reerun_KC :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BWtEwX6aqDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its a love story. Kinda tears you up and all.
Does this mean we get out own hallmark card?

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 10:56 PM
I have no idea what I would do if my wife pulled some shit. I'd probably go to jail.

Well my Mrs and I were talking to your Mrs. We are thinking of spending your life insurance in the Caymans.

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Other than religion and convenience, anyone have any good reasons to get married?

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Other than religion and convenience, anyone have any good reasons to get married?

Not all of them are disasters..

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Not all of them are disasters..

For sure. My parents just celebrated... man, I don't even remember but its over 25 years.

But really. Religion and convenience. Eyes can meet and souls can meld in some cosmic bliss of euphoric romance without getting married. What's the upside of marriage?

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Yep. To create a life long bond that can't be separated by anyone or anything with that one person you can't live without.

Its a life long commitment.

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Yep. To create a life long bond that can't be separated by anyone or anything with that one person you can't live without.

And you get that from a piece of paper?

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:21 PM
And you really think you would curl into a ball and just die without her?

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 11:23 PM
For sure. My parents just celebrated... man, I don't even remember but its over 25 years.

But really. Religion and convenience. Eyes can meet and souls can meld in some cosmic bliss of euphoric romance without getting married. What's the upside of marriage?

You find someone who agrees with you on 80% on life goals, viewpoints and the means of keeping up with ones properties on a day to day basis.

Also, sex.

The greatest potential beneficiaries to marriage are children, who get two sets of eyeballs and two brains and sets of life experiences to help guide them in the journey of being an adult (ideally) as well as two potential forms of income to guarantee food and shelter.

But there are benefits for childless couples too: namely sex and asset management. That and a companion who has gone on public record in enjoying spending time with you.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2015, 11:25 PM

My grandmother, who's now 90 years old, once told me that the only reason to get married is to have children and raise a family.

Thirty years later, I don't necessarily believe that's a necessity but it's the best answer I've heard yet. :D

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 11:25 PM
And you get that from a piece of paper?
No you get it from the commitment and dedication to the sanctity of marriage. We are in this together for better or worse. We have gotten stronger over the years because of our dedication to each other.

Their isn't a quit option. We can't just pack out shit and leave as if we were living together or dating. Its not that easy.

Hootie
01-07-2015, 11:27 PM
I'm at the point where I hope I find someone when I'm ready that doesn't give a shit about the tradition of marriage ... what the hell does that even mean, anyways?

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2015, 11:27 PM
And as sorry as I am to Mr. Jones, I crack up every time I've seen the thread title:

Do not ever ever ever let your wife stay home or go part time.

LMAO

I may be in the minority but the last thing I want in a lifelong partner is a slave or a wallflower.

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:28 PM
You find someone who agrees with you on 80% on life goals, viewpoints and the means of keeping up with ones properties on a day to day basis.

Also, sex.

The greatest potential beneficiaries to marriage are children, who get two sets of eyeballs and two brains and sets of life experiences to help guide them in the journey of being an adult (ideally) as well as two potential forms of income to guarantee food and shelter.

But there are benefits for childless couples too: namely sex and asset management.

That makes sense. I confess I'm not encouraging my daughters to feel the way I do. My eldest thinks I'm shy from marriage because of psycho. My youngest thinks her daddy and I are married anyways.

So I focus on the funny. When he kills a spider for me. "See girls, if you don't have a husband you'll have to call your boyfriend to drive all the way across town to kill it."

Sex and asset management are very convenient.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2015, 11:29 PM
I'm at the point where I hope I find someone when I'm ready that doesn't give a shit about the tradition of marriage ...

Good luck. Your generation may be much different than mine but in my experience, planning a wedding, being married and raising a family is a priority and at a certain age, the number one priority in females.

I dated my wife for five years before we were married. I didn't need to get married but she needed to be married.

So I kindly obliged. :D

Bugeater
01-07-2015, 11:30 PM
We did it for the awesome party and vacation afterwards.

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:30 PM
No you get it from the commitment and dedication to the sanctity of marriage. We are in this together for better or worse. We have gotten stronger over the years because of our dedication to each other.

Their isn't a quit option. We can't just pack out shit and leave as if we were living together or dating. Its not that easy.

Except it really is. The value in the piece of paper is only equal to the value your wife has put into it. The paper can be destroyed.

The idea that people get married in order to stop someone from leaving them, is so gross to me I'm a little queasy.

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:31 PM
We did it for the awesome party and vacation afterwards.

:clap:

I guess the gifts were pretty cool.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Good luck. Your generation may be much different than mine but in my experience, planning a wedding, being married and raising a family is a priority and at a certain age, the number one priority.

I dated my wife for five years before we were married. I didn't need to get married but she needed to be married.

Now my daughter is getting married. I could be looking st being a gpa in the future. This is some exciting shit. Such an awesome feeling having a family and watching it grow!!!!

Hootie
01-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Good luck. Your generation may be much different than mine but in my experience, planning a wedding, being married and raising a family is a priority and at a certain age, the number one priority.

Fair enough. I totally understand. It hasn't been until recently where I've started to think marriage might not be for me. I'm almost 30 and all of my married friends hate being married, the ones that are ok with it enjoy getting away so much they talk about how much they miss being single, and then I read shit like this on ChiefsPlanet and think "wtf..."

I realize I need to grow up and mature a bit but fuck ... I am just totally ok with what I'm doing right now. If I have a 'girlfriend', cool. If I don't, cool. I live a totally stress free life.

Why would I want to fuck that up so that in 10 years I might have to deal with this bullshit.

Whoever this future Mrs. Hootie 2.0 may be is gonna have to really be worth it.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 11:33 PM
That makes sense. I confess I'm not encouraging my daughters to feel the way I do. My eldest thinks I'm shy from marriage because of psycho. My youngest thinks her daddy and I are married anyways.

So I focus on the funny. When he kills a spider for me. "See girls, if you don't have a husband you'll have to call your boyfriend to drive all the way across town to kill it."

Sex and asset management are very convenient.

This is coming from someone who was raised in families with maybe four intact marriages... with the asterisk being that I didn't get to see the three of the four up-close enough to know whether or not my assessment is correct and the fourth being a hypothetical guess on my part based on what my mom and grandmother have said about the latter's deceased second husband.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Except it really is. The value in the piece of paper is only equal to the value your wife has put into it. The paper can be destroyed.

The idea that people get married in order to stop someone from leaving them, is so gross to me I'm a little queasy.
I got married cause I was 18 and wife was 17 and preggers. We decided that we wanted to take a bad situation And make it the best ever. It wasn't always easy. We had rough times. But its been well worth it.

We wouldn't change it for the world.

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:37 PM
I got married cause I was 18 and wife was 17 and preggers. We decided that we wanted to take a bad situation And make it the best ever. It wasn't always easy. We had rough times. But its been well worth it.

We wouldn't change it for the world.

Yeah I don't really have a smart ass answer for the kid thing.

Way to be a grown ass man.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2015, 11:37 PM
Why would I want to fuck that up so that in 10 years I might have to deal with this bullshit.

What you need to find is some chick who doesn't want kids.

No kids, no bullshit.

And more apt to get wasted with you.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Fair enough. I totally understand. It hasn't been until recently where I've started to think marriage might not be for me. I'm almost 30 and all of my married friends hate being married, the ones that are ok with it enjoy getting away so much they talk about how much they miss being single, and then I read shit like this on ChiefsPlanet and think "wtf..."

I realize I need to grow up and mature a bit but fuck ... I am just totally ok with what I'm doing right now. If I have a 'girlfriend', cool. If I don't, cool. I live a totally stress free life.

I have Always avoided hanging out with the unhappy married people. We learned early that they aren't the best people to associate with. Their intentions were usually more about their own self pleasure than respecting others marriage.

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Big picture please.

Baby Hootie 2.5 would be a lot of fun.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2015, 11:40 PM

Some kid with fetal-alcohol syndrome? Scary.

Reerun_KC

No worries. Its a good discussion.

DaneMcCloud

There's no reason to rush. I didn't get married until I was 35 years old and my wife is 7 years younger. There's no expiration.

I have plenty of friends in their 40's and even early 50's with wives in their 30's to early 40's that have young children. There's no reason to rush or feel as if you "need" to be married, IMO.

It's your life. Live it as you please.

Katipan
01-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Some kid with fetal-alcohol syndrome? Scary.

The sperm can be drunk.

Hootie
01-07-2015, 11:42 PM
There's no reason to rush. I didn't get married until I was 35 years old and my wife is 7 years younger. There's no expiration.

I have plenty of friends in their 40's and even early 50's with wives in their 30's to early 40's that have young children. There's no reason to rush or feel as if you "need" to be married, IMO.

It's your life. Live it as you please.

Good advice. I really never wanted to get married before 35, anyways. That's why I'm so picky. There are about 5-6 exes who I probably could've married that are married with kids right now and I think to myself, "thank God."

Ha.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2015, 11:42 PM
The sperm can be drunk.

I think this is my new tag line: "May your sperm always be drunk".

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 11:43 PM
What you need to find is some chick who doesn't want kids.

No kids, no bullshit.

And more apt to get wasted with you.
You'll never understand true love until you hold that son or daughter for the first time. Or watching your son tear his acl during his last senior footbLl game. Or walking your daughter down that isle.

Until you experience it. You'll never understand it. Life wouldn't be life without my daughter and son.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2015, 11:43 PM

I think one problem is people focus too much on the honeymoon phase of things and fixate that on being the ideal hetero relationship outcome and dynamic.

From my limited thoughts and exposure to the topic, IMO, what you want is to replicate is (a/the) relationship you have with a close friend of the same gender that you get easily cooperate and thrive with.

Another problem is people seem to gloss over the Western concept of marriage as stemming from property transfer between families rather than out of romanticized love.

Hootie
01-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Big picture please.

well the good thing about being a degenerate for 29 years is that I will have a lot of useful advice if that ever occurs, I think

or at least someone to smoke crack with

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Good advice. I really never wanted to get married before 35, anyways. That's why I'm so picky. There are about 5-6 exes who I probably could've married that are married with kids right now and I think to myself, "thank God."

Ha.
Some prayers go unanswered. And its good thing too.

Buehler445
01-07-2015, 11:47 PM

Tax savings. :).

Seriously though. Fuck taxes.

In all seriousness, if you think it's best not to get married it probably is. It is a hell of a lot better to need to be married and not than be married and need to not.

And you really think you would curl into a ball and just die without her?

If my wife died tomorrow? There is an alarmingly high probability I would curl into a ball and just die. If my daughter were gone tomorrow too, I'm certain I would.

Now my daughter is getting married. I could be looking st being a gpa in the future. This is some exciting shit. Such an awesome feeling having a family and watching it grow!!!!

ZOMG. that's the first time I've thought of you as a grandpa. ROFLROFLROFL

Just don't do what dad did and say, "I went to bed next to my wife and woke up next to an old grandma."

Quite frankly if she isn't really worth it you shouldn't marry her.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2015, 11:56 PM
Yeah Buehler I can totally hear your dad saying that. Priceless.

Not a Gpa yet. But it could happen in the next few years.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2015, 11:56 PM
You'll never understand true love until you hold that son or daughter for the first time.

K, whatever. Don't want the responsibility of a child. I'd rather piss off and do what I want to do.

Since there are PLENTY of women out there who feel the same, I'll live that life and run laughing to the bank with all the money I save.

Pablo
01-07-2015, 11:58 PM
We did it for the awesome party and vacation afterwards.This is a pretty good reason. My wedding day and the following honeymoon were pretty amazing memories I hope to cherish for life.

So long as I don't let my wife stay home or go part time, that is.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2015, 12:01 AM
This is a pretty good reason. My wedding day and the following honeymoon were pretty amazing memories I hope to cherish for life.

This.

Now that the kids are older a we are only 41 and 40, our travels have just begun. Plans are to fill that passport up over the next 20 years before we settle down and relax with family.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2015, 12:01 AM
K, whatever. Don't want the responsibility of a child. I'd rather piss off and do what I want to do.

Since there are PLENTY of women out there who feel the same, I'll live that life and run laughing to the bank with all the money I save.
Good for you.

Pablo
01-08-2015, 12:08 AM
If you don't want kids, I wouldn't get married anyhow. I have plenty of single friends that don't want that life, and I'm not envious of them, but I understand it. Maybe some day they'll get married and have a family. Maybe they won't.

Not that you need that piece of paper to procreate, but it's the arrangement we preferred.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2015, 12:26 AM

LMAO

ClevelandBronco
01-08-2015, 12:37 AM

None that would make sense to someone other than me and my wife. We have thousands of reasons between us and that's exactly where they belong.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2015, 12:40 AM

Convenience is as good a reason as any.

Also, with common law marriage bullshit you're just as apt to lose half your shit anyway.

R8RFAN
01-08-2015, 05:13 AM
"Do Not Ever Let"

this is why you are divorced

KC Jones
01-08-2015, 07:36 AM
"Do Not Ever Let"

this is why you are divorced

:lame:

Sully
01-08-2015, 08:14 AM

And the weather.

And the highways.

And the lack of color.

notorious
01-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Some prayers go unanswered.

Garth Brooks wrote a song about it.

You live right down the road from his hometown.

:hmmm:

raybec 4
01-08-2015, 08:55 AM
And the weather.

And the highways.

And the lack of color.

Racist

Reerun_KC
01-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Garth Brooks wrote a song about it.

You live right down the road from his hometown.

:hmmm:
Not a fan.

notorious
01-08-2015, 09:06 AM
An Okie that doesn't like Garth Brooks?!

http://wgmleeteukandkangsora.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/faint.gif

Amnorix
01-08-2015, 09:10 AM
I have Always avoided hanging out with the unhappy married people. We learned early that they aren't the best people to associate with. Their intentions were usually more about their own self pleasure than respecting others marriage.

People in negative relationships tend to want to torpedo other's relationships. Intentional or not, it seems to be human nature.

And marriages tend to have ups and downs. Nobody needs a "down" enabler/reinforcer.

notorious
01-08-2015, 09:13 AM
People in negative relationships tend to want to torpedo other's relationships. Intentional or not, it seems to be human nature.

And marriages tend to have ups and downs. Nobody needs a "down" enabler/reinforcer.

This.

Frosty
01-08-2015, 09:50 AM
You'll never understand true love until you hold that son or daughter for the first time.

I was more terrified than anything. They about had to kick me out of the hospital.

Or walking your daughter down that isle.

Which isle are you sending your daughter to? :) I've wanted to do that to my sons a time or two.

Donger
01-08-2015, 09:58 AM

On behalf of humanity, I offer you my thanks.

Katipan
01-08-2015, 10:38 AM
On behalf of humanity, I offer you my thanks.

I feel like the voice of humanity should be a soft, melodic, auto-tuned, female voice. Not male AND British.

KC native
01-08-2015, 10:42 AM
I feel like the voice of humanity should be a soft, melodic, auto-tuned, female voice. Not male AND British.

So are you voting for Taylor Swift or Brittany Spears as the voice of humanity?

rabblerouser
Yeah, marriage continues to grow to be a very risky endeavor for men. I know so many dudes around my age (30) that are just NOT going to take the plunge. It's almost safer to knock up a somewhat attractive druggy, have your children, and then get custody as you turn them to the courts for being a druggy. To actually pursue top shelf women in today's society, you run a severe risk of getting your sh*t handed to you.

Yep. Preach on, Brother Gordon...

A-fucking-men.

ActiveShooter
Be careful buying fake boobs for your wives. I know dozens of sad sacks that bought new boobs for their wives so another man can squeeze 'em. The wife's self esteem sky rockets and she looks to upgrade her man since she's getting more attention. Guys are paying alimony before the boobs are even paid off.

rabblerouser
01-08-2015, 10:43 AM
So are you voting for Taylor Swift or Brittany Spears as the voice of humanity?

Zing!

Katipan
01-08-2015, 10:45 AM
MELODIC

Katipan
01-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Just buy 1 fake boob and tell her she gets the other one in 10 years.

ActiveShooter
01-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Just buy 1 fake boob and tell her she gets the other one in 10 years.

Good idea. Let lack of symmetry keep you together. Lol

KC native
01-08-2015, 10:50 AM
MELODIC

Autotune makes sure that both Taylor Swift and Brittany Spears are melodic.

So who is your vote? :D

Pepe Silvia
01-08-2015, 10:52 AM
An Okie that doesn't like Garth Brooks?!

http://wgmleeteukandkangsora.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/faint.gif

Would smash.

KC native
01-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Be careful buying fake boobs for your wives. I know dozens of sad sacks that bought new boobs for their wives so another man can squeeze 'em. The wife's self esteem sky rockets and she looks to upgrade her man since she's getting more attention. Guys are paying alimony before the boobs are even paid off.

That happened to my best friend.

He made a deal with his wife. He got to buy a big plasma TV and she got to buy a boob job.

He had to move to DFW from Arkansas for his job and she was supposed to follow.

She backed out of moving down and then told him she wanted a divorce after he found a house to rent.

She is a shitty mom. Fortunately for his kids, my buddy went to Afghanistan as a contractor for one of the major defense contractors (not Blackwater shit) and he banked for 18 months. Now he's back in Arkansas and going back to school under the GI bill and his kids are doing much better.