PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ILB Erin Henderson to work out for the Chiefs

The Franchise
01-08-2015, 10:33 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Veteran ILB Erin Henderson to work out for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>.</p>&mdash; Randy Covitz (@randycovitz) <a href="https://twitter.com/randycovitz/status/553227841148813313">January 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dorsey realizes that you can do this during the season....right?

58-4ever
01-08-2015, 10:35 AM
So you're knocking Dorsey for working when he should be at the beach? Gotcha.

And isn't Erin a girl's name?

O.city
01-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Keep churning the bottom of the roster

Titty Meat
01-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Oh no! no more James Micheal Johnson now who's going to suck at everything?

The Franchise
01-08-2015, 10:41 AM
So you're knocking Dorsey for working when he should be at the beach? Gotcha.

And isn't Erin a girl's name?

We could have used help DURING the season.....especially at ILB.

The Franchise
01-08-2015, 10:41 AM

Mauga.

Titty Meat
01-08-2015, 10:42 AM
I thought Mauga was an ok player. Johnson has no business being on a NFL roster.

O.city
01-08-2015, 10:46 AM
We need to invest in an ilb in the drsft anyway. Pretty early in the draft

mcaj22
01-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Chiefs trying to assemble a team with the most DUIs

ILChief
01-08-2015, 10:47 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/04/08/erin-henderson-dui/7480919/

KCUnited
01-08-2015, 10:51 AM
She sounds nice.

Sully
01-08-2015, 10:56 AM
We need to throw players at ILB in the worst way. Mauga isis, at his very best, average. Joe Mays might be the worst LBer I've ever see in the NFL. I'm not being hyperbolic... He was that bad.

ILChief
01-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Henderson/DJ would be ok

rabblerouser
01-08-2015, 10:57 AM
I didn't know Erin Andrews played ILB.

Hell, suit her up. Can't be worse than JMJ or Mays and who knows what shape DJ will be in when he returns...

srvy
01-08-2015, 11:13 AM
They are bringing Lil Jimmy Dickens in for a look at placekicker soon as someone digs him up.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2015, 11:17 AM
At least the Chiefs are actively signing players in positions of need to be a part of the 90 man roster. It indicates that they're not putting their collective heads in the sand and avoiding upgrading positions of need.

srvy
01-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Seems like feel good moves to settle the fanbase and keep the season ticket renewals coming in. The cap hell we are in if not relieved will keep us from real upgrades of need. Also may be a sign that they plan to make a unpopular 1st round pick by filling problem areas with camp fodder with big names. I smell a first round O-line or D-line pick brewing. I will say I have no problem with O-line if they can identify someone good but the track record is depressing so far.

BossChief
01-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Not bad

Direckshun
01-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Wasn't Erin Anderson a Volunteer?

jkw87
01-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Seems like feel good moves to settle the fanbase and keep the season ticket renewals coming in. The cap hell we are in if not relieved will keep us from real upgrades of need. Also may be a sign that they plan to make a unpopular 1st round pick by filling problem areas with camp fodder with big names. I smell a first round O-line or D-line pick brewing. I will say I have no problem with O-line if they can identify someone good but the track record is depressing so far.
Or it could be that he's churning the bottom of the roster? Why the fuck do people have a problem with these moves? He's bringing in everybody he can.. Who cares who they are, we need depth

RealSNR
01-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Okay, so I could have sworn that Erin Henderson was doing pretty decently as a LB for the Vikings, but I got him confused with EJ Henderson.

Basically, he did special teams, started a handful of games, then got a bunch of DWIs and a lengthy probation.

He's basically the Husain Abdullah of LBs, except that he sucks and instead of going to Mecca, he was chilling out in the states getting punished for engaging in reckless endangerment.

But other than that, I'm really pumped about this signing!

Mr. Laz
01-08-2015, 01:26 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/04/08/erin-henderson-dui/7480919/

Erin Henderson sober, eager for another chance in NFL
Tom Pelissero, USA TODAY Sports 1:08 a.m. EDT April 9, 2014

Erin Henderson never thought his alcohol and marijuana use affected his play on the field. In fact, Henderson felt his sixth year with the Minnesota Vikings might have been his best.

But there were signs even before two arrests on DUI and drug charges led to the linebacker's release two months ago that he needed to get his life under control.

"There would be times where I would come to practice hung over," Henderson, 27, told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday. "Never just fresh off of drinking coming into practice. But I might have had a rough night the night before, and I'd be in front of the huddle calling plays. And everybody would know that I had been out drinking the night before.

"Of course, that affects the ability to go out there and perform and be the best that you can be. But I'd been doing it for so long and it's something that I had gotten used to."

Henderson revealed in a blog post Tuesday on TMZ that he checked into an inpatient rehabilitation facility Jan. 2, hours after getting out of jail following a single-car crash and a second arrest on suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession. The two arrests occurred in roughly a six-week span.

Doctors had recommended rehab in the past, but the second arrest was, he said, "The extra kick in the butt I needed." He left the facility Feb. 1 and transitioned to an outpatient program he attends three days a week.

"I just didn't know what else to do," Henderson said. "I didn't seek the professional help I needed to help me with my mental issues. I thought my athletic gifts would take care of things."

Henderson faces a total of nine charges, including four counts of DUI and two counts of drug possession. He is scheduled for a pretrial hearing May 5 in Carver County (Minn.) Court in the second case.

Undrafted out of Maryland in 2008, Henderson found a home on special teams and eventually got a chance to start for the Vikings, who re-signed him in March 2013 to a two-year contract worth as much as $4.75 million and moved him to middle linebacker.

Despite being benched for two games after the first arrest, Henderson posted career highs in tackles and sacks and corralled his first two NFL interceptions. That productivity, he said, was part of the reason he wanted to finish out the season instead of seeking treatment in November.

"I've learned that substance abuse is often a byproduct of different things," Henderson said. "For me, it was my way of numbing things and not having to worry about a lot of things. That's pretty much what I did.

"When I look back on it, I realize that's not living. That's not life. You're supposed to feel certain things. You're supposed to have emotions. Life is not meant to just be coasted through. But one of the things they tell us a lot in rehab is there's nothing that a drink won't make worse."

Henderson had resisted talk from teammates and coaches for years about finding God. But he felt the second DUI "was a higher power talking to me" and became even more convinced after a visit to the rehab center from Vikings receiver Greg Jennings, who offered his support.

"I can already start to feel my life feeling better, being able to enjoy stuff," said Henderson, who is married with a son who turns 3 on Sunday. "When I'm spending time with my son, really feeling like I'm present. It's not a shell of myself that's playing with him."

The Vikings decided after the second arrest to cut him and finalized the move Feb. 7. But Henderson is convinced he'll get another shot, despite the possibility of NFL discipline in addition to what plays out in court.

He said he felt his career in Minnesota "had run its course" for a variety of reasons and a change of scenery will help, though probably not as much as tackling his demons off the field before trying to tackle opponents on it.

"That's one of the things I'm most curious about — what happens when I can remove a lot of my off-field issues and just play with a clear mind and actually enjoy the game like I used to?" Henderson said.

"I like to call myself a recovering alcoholic. I understand it's an ongoing battle. It's a lifelong thing. Anybody that's dealt with me, anybody in the Vikings organization, know that the things that transpired aren't me. That was a different person that had taken over my body, pretty much.

"For me, it's nothing different than when I came out here to the Vikings as an undrafted free agent. Once I get on to a team and get on to a roster, I trust myself and believe myself. It's just a matter of somebody going out on a limb and trusting me."

Frosty
01-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Okay, so I could have sworn that Erin Henderson was doing pretty decently as a LB for the Vikings, but I got him confused with EJ Henderson.

Basically, he did special teams, started a handful of games, then got a bunch of DWIs and a lengthy probation.

He's basically the Husain Abdullah of LBs, except that he sucks and instead of going to Mecca, he was chilling out in the states getting punished for engaging in reckless endangerment.

Did they actually sign him yet?

My impression was that Erin was the "lower rent" of the Henderson LB brothers but I don't watch the Vikings very often.

The Franchise
01-08-2015, 01:49 PM

Hasn't signed yet. Just a try out.

penbrook
01-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Hasn't signed yet. Just a try out.

I love what Dorsey is doing though. Signing guys that are cheap but could possibly become Playmakers. Also he doesn't care about your past history of drugs or alcohol. If anything this means trading for Josh Gordon just got that more of a possibility

RunKC
01-08-2015, 01:56 PM
These are good moves. Players like that are such a low risk and high reward. Look at McKnight's performance in Miami.

If they mess up, they don't cost close to nothing.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2015, 01:58 PM
If anything this means trading for Josh Gordon just got that more of a possibility

No.

Gordon has one last chance before he's suspended for the season. The guy couldn't follow team rules after missing the first nine of the season and was suspended by the team for the final game.

InChiefsHeaven
01-08-2015, 02:08 PM
I love what Dorsey is doing though. Signing guys that are cheap but could possibly become Playmakers. Also he doesn't care about your past history of drugs or alcohol. If anything this means trading for Josh Gordon just got that more of a possibility

Kinda like drafting Houston in the 3rd (Pioli, I know but still...) I remember people making fun of us for that because the guy was a pothead. Welp, sometimes it's worth a look.

RealSNR
01-08-2015, 02:50 PM
This must mean that the Chiefs are going to sign Ray Rice! /penbook

bevischief
01-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Does she look good in red?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2015, 03:54 PM
This penbrook dude is on speed

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Or it could be that he's churning the bottom of the roster? Why the fuck do people have a problem with these moves? He's bringing in everybody he can.. Who cares who they are, we need depth
I don't get it either. And even if Mauga isn't a stud, I'm fine having him as an off the bench option. We have to also remember that even if players aren't stud starters, they can be quality depth that cost nothing to keep.

thabear04
01-08-2015, 03:58 PM

Think he here for another season.