PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The biggest Chiefs Homer of 2014?

lewdog
01-11-2015, 09:05 AM
I want to check the pulse of CP. I want to know who is still the defender of this franchise? Who is the ultimate homer?

Definition of Homer:

An official/person who favors the home team : A lot of refs get reputations as ''homers'', which means they give all the tough calls to the home team (1980s+ Sports).

I'm taking nominations for who ball washed the Chiefs all season and should get this coveted crown. Nominations will be taken through the week.

Bufkin
01-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Q

lewdog
01-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Q

Please link and I'll delete.

Hoover
01-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Shit yeah I'm a homer.

At the beginning of the year I thought this was a 11-5 team. Looking back it easily could have been.

I'm actually really excited about the upcoming draft and what this team does next season.

hometeam
01-11-2015, 09:13 AM
q and its marcellus~

lewdog
01-11-2015, 09:15 AM
q and its marcellus~

Hard to tell with the search function off! :cuss:

Can anyone find it? I must have missed it.

Direckshun
01-11-2015, 09:15 AM
I'd like to think I'm up there.

I think this team is Super Bowl competitive if it upgrades hard core at WR and OL.

Bufkin
01-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Timbone did it a few months ago. Why the hell is the search function off?

lewdog
01-11-2015, 09:18 AM
Timbone did it a few months ago. Why the hell is the search function off?

No idea but it's fucking with me finding anything on this important issue! :cuss:

Dayze
01-11-2015, 09:21 AM
I believe the search function was the reason for all the CP lag issues etc.

Reerun_KC
01-11-2015, 09:23 AM
Not I for damn sure. And its even worse now that we are sitting through the bloatware version called Marty 2.0 "Big Candy".

KCUnited
01-11-2015, 09:23 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=289009

The Google powered search function still works and has always been the best.

gblowfish
01-11-2015, 09:27 AM
I don't know if we have any kool aid drinking homers here. Most all of them defected a long time ago and went over to Arrowhead Pride. That place is full of little Mary Sunshines.

Trivers
01-11-2015, 09:30 AM
Proud to be a "open eye" homer.

We homers counter balance all the pessimist drama queens.

We are going to be loaded* in 2015.

*If we fix WR and interior OL.

DaNewGuy
01-11-2015, 09:34 AM
I certainly don't drink the kool aid but I'll settle for these past 2 seasons compared to what I have been watching, and yea before sweet daddy Williams gets here and posts his tired Schtick if any of you ever really think this team is gonna win a Super Bowl or be a top contender for years you set yourself up
For disappointment, you did this to yourself being fans of this team chiefs are gonna be mediocre 4 life, twwwwwwoooo sweeeeet

lewdog
01-11-2015, 09:41 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=289009

The Google powered search function still works and has always been the best.

Looks like a poorly run contest. Not even a nominations list or voting. I can't even tell who was crowned king from that garbage thread from TimBone. Embarrassing.

philfree
01-11-2015, 09:55 AM
I'm approaching 2015 as a homer. 3rd year of the new regime, coming off two winning seasons in a row, we should have a bevy of picks in the draft and we have some really good/great players on this team some who are still ascending. I can see this team win the division next year. I actually have expectations for 2015.

gblowfish
01-11-2015, 09:59 AM
My favorite Chiefs homer of all time was Rufus Dawes on the Chiefs own website. That guy was the Chiefs version of Joseph Goebbels.

MMXcalibur
01-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Clay (Week 11 - Week 14)

notorious
01-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Homer vs. Pessimist

Who has been right for 45 years?

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

In58men
01-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Dave hands down

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Bob Dole

Baby Lee
01-11-2015, 10:16 AM
I always held that they were talented enough to beat anyone yet still had enough holes to doom them.

The defense held together better than my wildest expectations, especially after key injuries.

The O-line underperformed horrifically, and unfortunately that is the, . . . carburetor is an outdated term, but the most timing and tuning dependent of the corps.

I pretty much wrote this off as a hamstrung season, and while it wasn't in every manner I envisioned, it pretty much played out as I envisioned.

OL needs to get its ass in gear in the worst way. DAT needs to benefit from seasoning, and we need reliable WRs. And we have a lot of assets to bring in positive change.

As it stands today, I expect a better record and survival until at least the AFCC next year. And I mean expect as in presume.

But in a world with cancer, all is subject to change.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Reerun_KC

Deberg_1990
01-11-2015, 10:30 AM
I don't know if we have any kool aid drinking homers here. Most all of them defected a long time ago and went over to Arrowhead Pride. That place is full of little Mary Sunshines.

Didn't we used to have a couple of 'Red Coaters' who posted here?

Anyways, I said 8-10 wins before the season started. Not sure if that qualifies me?

loochy
01-11-2015, 10:32 AM

I think this team is Super Bowl competitive if it upgrades hard core at WR and OL.

No, because you are more reasonable and you recognize deficincies. You aren't a blind apologist for everything.

Deberg_1990
01-11-2015, 10:33 AM
I always held that they were talented enough to beat anyone yet still had enough holes to doom them.

The defense held together better than my wildest expectations, especially after key injuries.

The O-line underperformed horrifically, and unfortunately that is the, . . . carburetor is an outdated term, but the most timing and tuning dependent of the corps.

I pretty much wrote this off as a hamstrung season, and while it wasn't in every manner I envisioned, it pretty much played out as I envisioned.

OL needs to get its ass in gear in the worst way. DAT needs to benefit from seasoning, and we need reliable WRs. And we have a lot of assets to bring in positive change.

As it stands today, I expect a better record and survival until at least the AFCC next year. And I mean expect as in presume.

But in a world with cancer, all is subject to change.

Yes, the sad thing is, if we would have had this same defense last year, we would have went a lot deeper in the playoffs. Story of the Chiefs I guess........

Reerun_KC
01-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Yes, the sad thing is, if we would have had this same defense last year, we would have went a lot deeper in the playoffs. Story of the Chiefs I guess........
Would of been tough. Throwing the ball with a 28 point lead to help stop the clock for Indy was pure brilliance.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Meet way more homers in real life than see on this board

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-11-2015, 10:44 AM
I certainly don't drink the kool aid but I'll settle for these past 2 seasons compared to what I have been watching, and yea before sweet daddy Williams gets here and posts his tired Schtick if any of you ever really think this team is gonna win a Super Bowl or be a top contender for years you set yourself up
For disappointment, you did this to yourself being fans of this team chiefs are gonna be mediocre 4 life, twwwwwwoooo sweeeeet

Loser.

notorious
01-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Meet way more homers in real life than see on this board

I don't think I have ever met a fan that isn't a homer outside of this place.

My dad listens to me, so he doesn't count.

In58men
01-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Loser.

Fans will settle for just about anything 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 etc

As long as we were "close" to the playoffs they're happy about it. Sad

Trivers
01-11-2015, 10:57 AM
No, because you are more reasonable and you recognize deficincies. You aren't a blind apologist for everything.

As opposed to the blind pessimist drama queens that believe if you don't agree with their extreme positions, then you are tainted by the label "Homer"??

You can be a homer and not be a blind apologist.

Trivers
01-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Fans will settle for just about anything 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 etc

As long as we were "close" to the playoffs they're happy about it. Sad

No, we are not settling.

Each year, our goal is to win the Super Bowl.

Yet, only 1 of 32 teams achieve that goal.

By your standards, the rest of the teams' fans are homers.

notorious
01-11-2015, 11:00 AM
As opposed to the blind pessimist drama queens that believe if you don't agree with their extreme positions, then you are tainted by the label "Homer"??

You can be a homer and not be a blind apologist.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :D

lewdog
01-11-2015, 11:02 AM
No, we are not settling.

Realistically, I'd take one single playoff win. Because you know, that's the first steps towards winning a meaningful game.

Trivers
01-11-2015, 11:04 AM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :D

Actually, this is a great picture.

Set the stage....you are at a draft party....and the Chiefs are on deck....the pick is in....time to cheer!

The Chiefs could have announced Ryan Leaf or Geno Smith wanttabees at one of these events...and you can expect the crowd to cheer.

Human nature.

In58men
01-11-2015, 11:04 AM
No, we are not settling.

Cant be happy about those records if you don't make playoffs.

In58men
01-11-2015, 11:05 AM

Set the stage....you are at a draft party....and the Chiefs are on deck....the pick is in....time to cheer!

The Chiefs could have announced Ryan Leaf or Geno Smith wanttabees at one of these events...and you can expect the crowd to cheer.

Human nature.

I didn't cheer for Ford or Fisher

lewdog
01-11-2015, 11:06 AM

Human nature.

That's interesting. Maybe you should attend a NY Jets draft party. Those are called boos.

In58men
01-11-2015, 11:11 AM
That's interesting. Maybe you should attend a NY Jets draft party. Those are called boos.

He said human nature ROFL

notorious
01-11-2015, 11:12 AM
He said human nature ROFL

Human nature would be to stop supporting a bad product.

We are too stupid to exercise human nature.

In58men
01-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Human nature would be to stop supporting a bad product.

We are too stupid to exercise human nature.

Agree, I'll keep cheering myself. Am I happy about mediocre records? Absolutley not, I'll always be fan with higher expectations than some.

Trivers
01-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Cant be happy about those records if you don't make playoffs.

A long time ago, when I played organized sports, I NEVER when into a tournament just happy to be there...or hoping to win only one match...I strived to win the the whole thing. (which never happened!).

Too many of the CP pessimist drama queens focus on limited goals. Our goal should be to win the Super Bowl.

notorious
01-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Agree, I'll keep cheering myself. Am I happy about mediocre records? Absolutley not, I'll always be fan with higher expectations than some.

http://devilsfoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/police-nod-judge-judy-animation.gif

"One of these days it will all be worth it." Sigh, that's what keeps me around.

Trivers
01-11-2015, 11:21 AM

Never been to a NYJ draft party. No desire.

Have you?

Or are you referring to the few camera shots on draft day showing jets fans booing or cheering? What sample set would that be of all the Jets fans in the audience?

Baby Lee
01-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Agree, I'll keep cheering myself. Am I happy about mediocre records? Absolutley not, I'll always be a fan who pouts when reality doesn't meet my hopes.

FYP

If it was easy, it wouldn't be remarkable.

Trivers
01-11-2015, 11:26 AM
FYP

ROFL!

It's my unsubstantiated belief that most of the CP pessimist drama queens never played HS or college organized sports. Thus, their expectations are not tempered by the experience of how hard it is to win.

Just making the playoffs, or winning ONE playoff game, is not enough.

I want to see the Chiefs win a SB.

I hope the current Chiefs structure will achieve that primary goal.

In58men
01-11-2015, 11:27 AM
FYP

If it was easy, it wouldn't be remarkable.

I'm sorry that you think going 8-8 was a successful year.

In58men
01-11-2015, 11:28 AM
ROFL!

It's my unsubstantiated belief that most of the CP pessimist drama queens never played HS or college organized sports. Thus, their expectations are not tempered by the experience of how hard it is to win.

Just making the playoffs, or winning ONE playoff game, is not enough.

I want to see the Chiefs win a SB.

I hope the current Chiefs structure will achieve that primary goal.

Going to the playoffs is considered a successful season IMO. Never once say otherwise. Panthers had a better year than us.

Baby Lee
01-11-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry that you think going 8-8 was a successful year.

I'm sorry you feel the need to ascribe opinions I've never had to feel better about your brand of 'fandom.'

In58men
01-11-2015, 11:30 AM
I'm sorry you feel the need to ascribe opinions I've never had to feel better about your brand of 'fandom.'

You're right behind Dave as the biggest homer here and everybody sees it.

notorious
01-11-2015, 11:33 AM

It is possible to hate what you love.

Pioli era is a perfect example.

BigCatDaddy
01-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Most of the posters I thought were homers (Marcellus, Stevie, Dave) has actually impressed me with their objectivity. I only still see a poster or two left that are Super Homers and let the Chiefs stick their arrow head firmly up their asses.

Baby Lee
01-11-2015, 11:46 AM
You're right behind Dave as the biggest homer here and everybody sees it.

I've never said anything remotely unrealistic or hyperbolic about the team this season. If you'd have paid attention there were several stretches where I was among the most pessimistic.

I just don't pout like a child when the team doesn't give that perfection I clearly asked of them.

Somehow you conflate not having my hair on fire with being completely satisfied. And with not calling for the razing of the entire sports complex with uncommitted to getting better.

In58men
01-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Most of the posters I thought were homers (Marcellus, Stevie, Dave) has actually impressed me with their objectivity. I only still see a poster or two left that are Super Homers and let the Chiefs stick their arrow head firmly up their asses.

Are you talking about Barry or Deb? That guy Barry is off his rocker.

In58men
01-11-2015, 11:50 AM
I've never said anything remotely unrealistic or hyperbolic about the team this season. If you'd have paid attention there were several stretches where I was among the most pessimistic.

I just don't pout like a child when the team doesn't give that perfection I clearly asked of them.

Somehow you conflate not having my hair on fire with being completely satisfied. And with not calling for the razing of the entire sports complex with uncommitted to getting better.

You throw the word "pouting" around to try to belittle me, when in reality it's not pouting. It's passion for a team who wants more than mediocrity. Like I said I have higher expectations than most. I've always been this way when it comes several things my job, cooking, sports, games etc etc. I always want more. I just don't settle.

Trivers
01-11-2015, 11:54 AM
Going to the playoffs is considered a successful season IMO. Never once say otherwise. Panthers had a better year than us.

With all due respect, why settle for so little?

Our goal is to win the Super Bowl.

Give the current Chiefs structure 3-5 years. They are better qualified that you or I to determine who to draft, start, replace, or release.

At one time this year, we went from 0-2 to 7-3 to 9-7. Big swings in wins....its hard to win in the NFL.

If they can't get it done, replace them. Clark Hunt is the owner. That is his call. We can bitch all we want...does not matter.

Baby Lee
01-11-2015, 11:55 AM
You the word "pouting" around to try to belittle me, when in reality it's not pouting. It's passion for a team who wants more than mediocrity. Like I said I have higher expectations than most. I've always been this way when it comes several things my job, cooking, sports, games etc etc. I always want more. I just don't settle.

Say it ain't so Shoeless Joe.

What do you think your 'I'm just a fan with higher expectations than others' shtick comes of as?

Not to mention l'il chiefy, truefan, mediocrity loving rib munchers, tailgate fans, etc. etc.

And if you TRULY demanded more, you would not be a fan of this team. You are doing nothing to get better results except pouting because they aren't there yet for the Chiefs.

I don't go to every Ben Affleck movie ever made and complain each and every time that he's not a good actor. I actually do demand better acting than Affleck, so I go to better movies.

BigCatDaddy
01-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Are you talking about Barry or Deb? That guy Barry is off his rocker.

They don't post here so I'm thinking more Baby Lee/ Trivers types. Those guys are tolerable though because at least they want to see the Chiefs win regardless of who is on the field. If I was a mod I'd probably kick guys like Old School and Sandy to the curb. They are just here as fans of a man and would rather see Alex play well and the Chiefs lose than Alex suck it up and the Chiefs W. I've went ahead and put both on iggy since their takes really aren't driven upon the Chiefs being successful.

Saccopoo
01-11-2015, 12:02 PM

That's not homerism Direckshun.

That's just being objective.

If they can upgrade the LG and RT position (whether that be with Allen, Stephenson (if both can return to form after IR and PED suspension in 2014), a high level, plug and play rookie (such as La'el Collins), or a better performing free agent than McGlynn and Linkenbach) and the WR position, they should be threatening a Super Bowl run in 2015.

Fisher should make that next big step, Hudson is on the cusp of becoming one of the best centers in the league, Kelce one of the best TE's and Sutton had and implemented his defensive epiphany in 2014, which yielded one of the best team defensive culminations in the NFL last season despite losing three key high level players.

They are ready. And that's not homerism. That's fact.

Saccopoo
01-11-2015, 12:07 PM
You throw the word "pouting" around to try to belittle me, when in reality it's not pouting. It's passion for a team who wants more than mediocrity. Like I said I have higher expectations than most. I've always been this way when it comes several things my job, cooking, sports, games etc etc. I always want more. I just don't settle.

You should take that attitude and correlate it with your posts here.

DaNewGuy
01-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Loser.

The guy who hasn't been here for a year with over 6,000 posts called me a loser LOL, sweet daddy Williams making no one on CP laugh since 2014 god bless you

Trivers
01-11-2015, 12:29 PM
They don't post here so I'm thinking more Baby Lee/ Trivers types. Those guys are tolerable though because at least they want to see the Chiefs win regardless of who is on the field. If I was a mod I'd probably kick guys like Old School and Sandy to the curb. They are just here as fans of a man and would rather see Alex play well and the Chiefs lose than Alex suck it up and the Chiefs W. I've went ahead and put both on iggy since their takes really aren't driven upon the Chiefs being successful.

I have no loyalty to Alex Smith. He is a key gear cog in the Chiefs machine assembled by the current Chiefs management.

I presume that if a Brady caliber gear cog is magically available, or as one is developed, that Smith will be released. I defer to Chiefs management to how to determine this. No bitching I do will change that decision.

As a fan, I want to see overall progress towards the overall objective: Win the Super Bowl.

The first TWO years, we have made progress overcoming the errors of the prior two regimes. We were last year the 2nd youngest team. Look at the team turnover in players. The next one to three years are critical. Either we continue to progress..... or change management.

I remember the early Marty and Carl years. They made great progress....then plateaued. If I had been the owner, they would have been replaced LONG before they were.

BigCatDaddy
01-11-2015, 12:38 PM
I have no loyalty to Alex Smith. He is a key gear cog in the Chiefs machine assembled by the current Chiefs management.

I presume that if a Brady caliber gear cog is magically available, or as one is developed, that Smith will be released. I defer to Chiefs management to how to determine this. No bitching I do will change that decision.

As a fan, I want to see overall progress towards the overall objective: Win the Super Bowl.

The first TWO years, we have made progress overcoming the errors of the prior two regimes. The next one to three years are critical. Either we continue to progress..... or change management.

I remember the early Marty and Carl years. They made great progress....then plateaued. If I had been the owner, they would have been replaced LONG before they were.

Right. Your join date tells me you are a Chief fan and not a man fanatic.

J Diddy
01-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Say it ain't so Shoeless Joe.

What do you think your 'I'm just a fan with higher expectations than others' shtick comes of as?

Not to mention l'il chiefy, truefan, mediocrity loving rib munchers, tailgate fans, etc. etc.

And if you TRULY demanded more, you would not be a fan of this team. You are doing nothing to get better results except pouting because they aren't there yet for the Chiefs.

I don't go to every Ben Affleck movie ever made and complain each and every time that he's not a good actor. I actually do demand better acting than Affleck, so I go to better movies.

You watch your whore mouth when you talk about Affleck.

Baby Lee
01-11-2015, 12:46 PM
You watch your whore mouth when you talk about Affleck.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/anigif_optimized-19371-1419957737-10.gif?w=500&h=282

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Winning, losing, or going to the playoff's is no longer even the point.

Understand this:

Until the Chiefs disavow their particular brand of insanity, there will be no peace, no rest, and no unity. I will fight this war until victory or death, whichever comes first.

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Marcellus hands down, the guy throws down personal insults instead of debating he issue if the disagrees with someone.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Marcellus still believes Alex Smith can lead this team to masturbatory homer wonders.

In58men
01-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Anybody who compares Albert Wilson to Randall Cobb, Weston Dressler to Wes Welker, Alex Smith to Aaron Rodgers, Sean Smith to Richard Sherman.

Marcellus
01-11-2015, 06:09 PM
If I don't win this I will be pissed though I can't remember if I picked 9-7 or 10-6 for this season.

Either way I better win this shit.

Marcellus
01-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Marcellus still believes Alex Smith can lead this team to masturbatory homer wonders.

Link?

Baby Lee
01-11-2015, 06:10 PM
http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/unicorn-vulnerability.jpg.

FYP

lewdog
01-11-2015, 08:38 PM
If I don't win this I will be pissed though I can't remember if I picked 9-7 or 10-6 for this season.

Either way I better win this shit.

I was told you already won a similar thread a few months ago so consider yourself crowned!