PDA

View Full Version : Football Did the Patriots "cheat" yesterday to win?

Renegade
01-11-2015, 10:31 AM
It appears as if Harbaugh feels the Touchdown pass Edelman was illegal and is saying the Patriots cheated. I don't see anything wrong with this. How does CP feel about?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/harbaugh-questions-patriots-substitutions/ar-AA81s9H

loochy
01-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Yes because Tom Brady is the least clutch QB ever and he never could have thrown a crunch time TD without teh cheat

jjchieffan
01-11-2015, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a sore loser to me.

FloridaMan88
01-11-2015, 10:36 AM
No it was within the rules.

Hootie
01-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Yes because Tom Brady is the least clutch QB ever and he never could have thrown a crunch time TD without teh cheat

This.

loochy
01-11-2015, 10:37 AM
No, but seriously....

If Harbaugh, his players, and his coaches are too damn stupid to recognize the situations, then F them

they deserve to lose

Baby Lee
Probably not the best tact to complain that the opposition outsmarted you.

loochy
This.

:)ROFL

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 10:38 AM
I don't understand what they supposedly did wrong.

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Probably not the best tact to complain that the opposition outsmarted you.

Lol, like Brady said " maybe they should study the rule book"

Bowser
01-11-2015, 10:39 AM
The real issue was how hard Harbaugh's corner bit up on the lateral while his guy Amendola just raced past him.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Bigger name QB team's get the calls but not sure they messed that one up. So impressed by the Ravens though.

Hootie
01-11-2015, 10:41 AM
I give Flacco nothing but credit this time around. I still think he's awful but he certainly looked like a franchise QB in this postseason. 3 ounces of crow, I order.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2015, 10:42 AM
I don't understand what they supposedly did wrong.

If was brilliant, and almost a direct copy cat of Alabama from a couple of weeks ago. They lined up 4 o-lineman, and had one of their 6 receivers report as ineligible to the refs before the play. A FB lined up at LT would then go down field for a big gain. They did it 3 times and Harbaugh looked and still looks like an idiot.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Granted, I haven't followed this closely and I didn't watch the game.

But if a defense can recognize when a OL comes in and is declared an eligible receiver, why is it so difficult to recognize when a WR/RB comes in and is declared ineligible?

Sounds like Harbaugh was outsmarted.

Basileus777
01-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Harbaugh is embarrassing himself with this shameless whining. It was a legal play.

Deberg_1990
01-11-2015, 10:44 AM
Not sure if it's 'cheating' ?

But it does sound a little shady I guess. As long as it's legal, I've got no problem with it.

Definitely sounds like a Bellichek thing to do.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Harbagh has been a brilliant coach but he got owned last night

Hootie
01-11-2015, 10:45 AM
amazing the Patriots would bust that out in a playoff game

Belichick really is the GOAT

chiefzilla1501
01-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Harbaugh is embarrassing himself with this shameless whining. It was a legal play.

It is whining, but it's a point the NFL should probably address. I fear we are making it virtually impossible for defenses to make substitutions. It was difficult enough as is.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2015, 10:49 AM
amazing the Patriots would bust that out in a playoff game

Belichick really is the GOAT

Seriously. I gained a while new respect for him yesterday.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2015, 10:50 AM
I think it's the next gimmick in the NFL unless it's addressed this offseason.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Saban was even ballsier when he did it. He had his LT report as eligible and a receiver report as non eligible. Then he threw it to the fat ass for a big gain. That's nuts!

Basileus777
01-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Saban was even ballsier when he did it. He had his LT report as eligible and a receiver report as non eligible. Then he threw it to the fat ass for a big gain. That's nuts!
This one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPJ4UqKslk8&feature=youtu.be&t=2h34m33s)? Yeah, it was pretty damn clever.

ptlyon
01-11-2015, 10:55 AM
If you think that was cheating, wait till 3:30 pm central time

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2015, 10:57 AM
This one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPJ4UqKslk8&feature=youtu.be&t=2h34m33s)? Yeah, it was pretty damn clever.

I guess he was a TE. LOL He looks like an OT! That's exactly what the Pats did last night. The announcers were fucking clueless too. Lol

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 10:58 AM
If was brilliant, and almost a direct copy cat of Alabama from a couple of weeks ago. They lined up 4 o-lineman, and had one of their 6 receivers report as ineligible to the refs before the play. A FB lined up at LT would then go down field for a big gain. They did it 3 times and Harbaugh looked and still looks like an idiot.

ROFL, I understood that, I don't understand what Harbaugh thinks they did wrong.

kstater
01-11-2015, 10:59 AM
I don't think the issue is whether it's legal to make a receiver ineligible. I think the gripe is that they announce the ineligible player and then immediately run up to the line and snap it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-11-2015, 11:00 AM
It was a cheeser move.

-King-
01-11-2015, 11:01 AM
It appears as if Harbaugh feels the Touchdown pass Edelman was illegal and is saying the Patriots cheated. I don't see anything wrong with this. How does CP feel about?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/harbaugh-questions-patriots-substitutions/ar-AA81s9H

Did you even read it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
I think the officials saying "Don't cover (Vereen)" was a clue for the Ravens.

TribalElder
ROFL, I understood that, I don't understand what Harbaugh thinks they did wrong.

Harbaugh was butthurt that they were changing their lineup of players without allowing him a chance to sub in different defenders

LMAO

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't think the issue is whether it's legal to make a receiver ineligible. I think the gripe is that they announce the ineligible player and then immediately run up to the line and snap it.

Why would they need to substitute at that point, realize what's going on and make the defender who was covering the in-eligible player cover the eligible guy.

They just didn't get it

-King-

That's not really what he's arguing. He's saying that the officials should have notified him and allowed him to make the proper substitutions. Which they should have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
It was a cheeser move.

2008 on Xbox original I was probably the greatest madden cheeser ever

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Harbaugh was butthurt that they were changing their lineup of players without allowing him a chance to sub in different defenders

LMAO

But were they actually changing the players on the field? If so the ravens should be able to substitute, if they were just swapping eligibility the ravens should just shut up

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 11:04 AM
That's not really what he's arguing. He's saying that the officials should have notified him and allowed him to make the proper substitutions. Which they should have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not if the pats hadnt substituted a player in

ShowtimeSBMVP
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000456365/article/harbaugh-patriots-substitutions-deceptive-illegal

He's not mad at the play they just didn't give the Ravens enough time to adjust. Like the sub rule.

Hootie
dgaf, by the way

Tom Brady was a badass yesterday. That throw to Lafell was a beauty. Love his passion. Shit, even Joe Flacco was a badass.

For the record, if Manning made that pass at the end (the Flacco pick) he would've been labeled a HUGE choker.

I thought Flacco was awesome yesterday. I hate him.

-King-
Why would they need to substitute at that point, realize what's going on and make the defender who was covering the in-eligible player cover the eligible guy.

They just didn't get it
On plays like that, just like tackle eligible plays, the officials are supposed to announce when a player is eligible or not. Its the reason Vereen himself had to tell the officials that he was ineligible. The officials in turn should have told Baltimore.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
2008 on Xbox original I was probably the greatest madden cheeser ever

The first time I played Madden on XBL was 2005. I get ready to play some dude who chooses the Eagles.

Every play: Shotgun Tight 4 WR, and McNabb throws a corner route.

Unguardable.

After the third person in a row I played who used the same team and offense, I got the message. Never again.

Just Passin' By
01-11-2015, 11:05 AM
On plays like that, just like tackle eligible plays, the officials are supposed to announce when a player is eligible or not. Its the reason Vereen himself had to tell the officials that he was ineligible. The officials in turn should have told Baltimore.
Posted via Mobile Device

The officials did tell Baltimore.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
The real issue was how hard Harbaugh's corner bit up on the lateral while his guy Amendola just raced past him.

This

A whiny Harbaugh... I'm shocked. Fuck him

SAUTO
"it's a substitution or trick kind of play"

Harbaugh STILL hasn't quite figured out what was going on.

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
They didn't?

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

And if they didn't substitute a player in and out then the ravens had no right to stop play and sub themselves.

Why make the offense slow down?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2015, 11:09 AM

Mah bad...

Hootie
The first time I played Madden on XBL was 2005. I get ready to play some dude who chooses the Eagles.

Every play: Shotgun Tight 4 WR, and McNabb throws a corner route.

Unguardable.

After the third person in a row I played who used the same team and offense, I got the message. Never again.

Bro.

2006 Xbox Original my username was "Damon Huard" (the QB vision Madden) and I benched Trent Green (85) for Huard (68) before the game and I rattled off my first 63 games played (63-0) and trolled the Madden universe

Oh, I also started Scary Larry over Priest Holmes.

But, in all honesty, it was because I cheesed the DL (rushed 4 but if you black and white button'ed them continuously before the snap the OL wouldn't block any of them so my D allowed about 2 points per game on average).

The offense was a total gimmick, too. I put Tony G as the #3 TE on my depth chart and had a play were he'd line up tight, then I'd audible to send him out as the only WR ... you could then snap the ball and insta-throw it to him using the up on the D Pad and it was good for 12 yards every single time no matter what.

I'm proud of these things.

SAUTO
I didn't dvr the game but I'm pretty sure they announced him in-eligible to the defenders

Bwana
Not surprising coming from a Harbaugh, both of them are world class cry babies.

SAUTO
Mah bad...

LMAO it's all good, I'm and idiot most of the time. I understand where you were coming from

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-11-2015, 11:12 AM
But, in all honesty, it was because I cheesed the DL (rushed 4 but if you black and white button'ed them continuously before the snap the OL wouldn't block any of them so my D allowed about 2 points per game on average)..

Was that the "nano blitz" that people used to bitch about?

Also, why were you never on Madden Nation?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Bro.

2006 Xbox Original my username was "Damon Huard" (the QB vision Madden) and I benched Trent Green (85) for Huard (68) before the game and I rattled off my first 63 games played (63-0) and trolled the Madden universe

Oh, I also started Scary Larry over Priest Holmes.

But, in all honesty, it was because I cheesed the DL (rushed 4 but if you black and white button'ed them continuously before the snap the OL wouldn't block any of them so my D allowed about 2 points per game on average).

The offense was a total gimmick, too. I put Tony G as the #3 TE on my depth chart and had a play were he'd line up tight, then I'd audible to send him out as the only WR ... you could then snap the ball and insta-throw it to him using the up on the D Pad and it was good for 12 yards every single time no matter what.

I'm proud of these things.
ROFL

Great story.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2015, 11:15 AM
LMAO it's all good, I'm and idiot most of the time. I understand where you were coming from

Nah. Honestly the announcers didn't catch it at all. I figured people really didn't know what was going on.

Bowser
01-11-2015, 11:20 AM
MICKEY MOUSE OFFENSE

/Gunther

Hootie
01-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Was that the "nano blitz" that people used to bitch about?

Also, why were you never on Madden Nation?

Probably. People would see it happen and quit right away. I never felt bad about it, if I could do it, why didn't everyone else?

I actually entered 1 Madden Tournament in Bloomington, IL at Jumer's Hotel and won the whole thing for $400. Hahaha. I won the championship game by 42 points.

I watched like 2 episodes of Madden Nation and thought it was a god damn joke.

Also, Madden on a competitive level is a fucking joke because of fumbles. Fumbles should be taken out of the game in a tournament setting UNLESS the user forces them with a hit stick or using the strip button.

I do, still, to this day, consider myself the best safety in the Madden Universe.

Also. Madden on Xbox Original was the last good Madden. 2007 with Shaun Alexander I think. Now? Hard to be great. I still win at about an 80% clip but I'm definitely beatable. Back then? No chance.

Hootie
01-11-2015, 11:22 AM
oh

and the whiny bitches who made Madden take out "QB vision" are fags.

QB vision was the greatest feature Madden ever created. And all it took was spending 30 minutes on the practice field to figure out how to use it.

Instead, everyone complained and they got rid of it.

Over-Head
01-11-2015, 11:22 AM
No different than the way Brett Favre sold his boot legs.

GoChargers
01-11-2015, 11:26 AM
It wasn't cheating, but it's pretty funny that Belicheat had to pull out all sorts of desperate trickeration to barely squeak past one of the worst secondaries in football at home. If it was any other team, the media would be writing them off, but since it's the Pats, they've been practically handed the Lombardi already by the media.

Buehler445
01-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Meh. Typical Belichick. He pushes the rules as hard as he can and never gets burned on it. I'd love it if KC had a coach to push it.

I don't know if the refs allowed the substitute in time or not, but I have no doubt whatever Belichick did was within the rules.

Hootie
01-11-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm gonna put a healthy, healthy bet on the Pats next week. For two reasons.

1) Hopefully my bad luck is enough for them to lose.

2) When they win, I'll be rewarded.

A win, win.

-King-
01-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Probably. People would see it happen and quit right away. I never felt bad about it, if I could do it, why didn't everyone else?

I actually entered 1 Madden Tournament in Bloomington, IL at Jumer's Hotel and won the whole thing for $400. Hahaha. I won the championship game by 42 points.

I watched like 2 episodes of Madden Nation and thought it was a god damn joke.

Also, Madden on a competitive level is a fucking joke because of fumbles. Fumbles should be taken out of the game in a tournament setting UNLESS the user forces them with a hit stick or using the strip button.

I do, still, to this day, consider myself the best safety in the Madden Universe.

Also. Madden on Xbox Original was the last good Madden. 2007 with Shaun Alexander I think. Now? Hard to be great. I still win at about an 80% clip but I'm definitely beatable. Back then? No chance.played Madden for the first time in a couple years a week ago. Lost because Lacy fumbled twice on routine tackles. Pissed me off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
01-11-2015, 11:33 AM
played Madden for the first time in a couple years a week ago. Lost because Lacy fumbled twice on routine tackles. Pissed me off.
Posted via Mobile Device

the best of the best the last few years have it down to where the games end up being all offense

they score every time

go for 2 every time

onside kick every time

...so the game is decided by random onside kick luck or random fumble luck

they made defense impossible against great players

wazu
01-11-2015, 11:35 AM

I don't see any quotes from Harbaugh in the article you linked where he says the play was illegal or that the Patriots cheated.

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 11:41 AM
It just wasn't right.

No comment on whether it was dirty or not.

milkman
01-11-2015, 11:44 AM
I think the officials saying "Don't cover (Vereen)" was a clue for the Ravens.

The ref pointed at Vereen as the Pats are lining upand snapping the ball.

If an ineligible player reports as eligible, the ref announces that over the pa sytem prior to a team lining up to snap the ball.

The same should be required for this.

Dave Lane
This.

Brady breaks Montana record as Patriots stay in hunt

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/brady-breaks-montana-record-as-patriots-stay-in-hunt/ar-AA81cUH

Dude sucks!!

Peyton Manning!

Rain Man
so it sounds like Belichick won by manipulating the rules about uniform numbers? if I am reading this right, he used uniform numbers and late check-ins to make the defenders misunderstood who the eligible receivers were.

maybe it is technically legal. It is also technically legal for Alex Trebek to count a question wrong because they didn't word the answer in the form of a question. or for wheel of fortune to count an answer wrong because it was very slightly mispronounced.

the result of this is a win for the Patriots, and it will result in a new rule that will slow down the game further and will make some more referee calls ambiguous judgments. congratulations to Bill Belichick for helping to ruin the game even more going forward.

-King-
01-11-2015, 11:45 AM

If an ineligible player reports as eligible, the ref announces that over the pa sytem prior to a team lining up to snap the ball.

Yep.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
01-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Pats were favored by 7. Brady was supposed to win that one. He played amazingly well. I don't understand the point you're making?

Hootie
01-11-2015, 11:47 AM
I think it's hilarious the Patriots sat on this gimmick until the postseason.

Baby Lee
01-11-2015, 11:51 AM
so it sounds like Belichick won by manipulating the rules about uniform numbers? if I am reading this right, he used uniform numbers and late check-ins to make the defenders misunderstood who the eligible receivers were.

maybe it is technically legal. It is also technically legal for Alex Trebek to count a question wrong because they didn't word the answer in the form of a question. or for wheel of fortune to count an answer wrong because it was very slightly mispronounced.

the result of this is a win for the Patriots, and it will result in a new rule that will slow down the game further and will make some more referee calls ambiguous judgments. congratulations to Bill Belichick for helping to ruin the game even more going forward.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/npgzz42IEiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hootie
01-11-2015, 12:01 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/npgzz42IEiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he had to be fucking trolling LMFAO

Hootie
01-11-2015, 12:02 PM
a chilles
world's fastest van
dicespin

...what haha

Pasta Little Brioni
01-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Somehow he was still winning heh

Just Passin' By
01-11-2015, 12:11 PM

The ref announced the player. The league will look into whether it should have been done better. But, regardless, the issue here isn't the Patriots "cheating", because they didn't. The Patriots did nothing wrong. That probably won't matter, because nothing's going to change the outcome of the game. New England won fairly and the Ravens cried "Deception!".

Now, the same idiots who still claim that the Patriots were found guilty of taping walk throughs will add this to their arsenal of incorrect cheating "facts".

Hootie
01-11-2015, 12:18 PM
The ref announced the player. The league will look into whether it should have been done better. But, regardless, the issue here isn't the Patriots "cheating", because they didn't. The Patriots did nothing wrong. That probably won't matter, because nothing's going to change the outcome of the game. New England won fairly and the Ravens cried "Deception!".

Now, the same idiots who still claim that the Patriots were found guilty of taping walk throughs will add this to their arsenal of incorrect cheating "facts".

Not me. I like what they did yesterday.

Spygate?

No. That was cheating.

milkman
01-11-2015, 12:20 PM

I didn't say Bellichik cheated, dipshit.

I said that inellgible receivers should be handled in the same manner as elible receivers.

Rams Fan
01-11-2015, 12:22 PM

Even recognizing that in all likelihood they didn't film the Rams walkthrough, it's still bullshit to suggest they didn't cheat all before 2007 and that the 3 SBs were all won without cheating.

milkman
01-11-2015, 12:22 PM
And the ref "announced" the player by pointing at him just seconds before the snap.

That's a piss poor job by the game officials.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-11-2015, 12:24 PM
And the ref "announced" the player by pointing at him just seconds before the snap.

100% Right did it all 3 times too.

loochy
01-11-2015, 12:27 PM

Oh well. Harbaugh is a douche so it's cool.

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 12:34 PM
League will review whether Ravens got proper notice of ineligible*player

Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2015, 12:05 PM EST

Getty Images
It’s common for players with numbers that make them ineligible to report as eligible and then go down the field and become targets for passes. It’s less common for players with eligible numbers to report to officials as ineligible and then refrain from going down the field of play.

On Saturday night, the Patriots took advantage of the “B” side of the rule that made former Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel a periodic tight end. Per a league source, the NFL will now explore whether the officiating crew gave the Ravens proper notice that an eligible Patriots player would be ineligible for a given play.

Running back Shane Vereen, wearing the eligible number 34, lined up split wide from the nearest offensive lineman, but because Vereen was “covered up” by another eligible receiver (i.e., an eligible receiver lined up on the line of scrimmage between Vereen and the sideline), it remained a legal formation. Vereen was, in essence, an offensive tackle with a very wide split from next lineman.

On the other side of the line, tight end Michael Hoomanawanui was on the line of scrimmage tight to the next offensive lineman. But Hoomanawanui remained an eligible receiver with an eligible number.

Vereen was required to report as an ineligible receiver, and he did. Hoomanawanui was not required to do anything.

The confusion apparently came from the configuration of the offensive line and the presence of a slot receiver (lined up behind the line of scrimmage) between Vereen and the next offensive lineman. Although Vereen technically was the right tackle in a five-man offensive line, the center shifted one spot to the right, putting a pair of guards between the center and Vereen. Which created the impression that Vereen was eligible. To the left of the center, there was a guard (who was actually the left tackle) and Hoomanawanui, who appeared to be the left tackle but was actually an eligible tight end.

The Ravens would have (or should have) known that an eligible receiver had reported as ineligible, but the alignment of players suggested that Hoomanawanui and not Vereen was the ineligible receiver.

The Patriots furthered the ruse by having Vereen behave like a potential receiver. At the snap, he back off the line and raised his hands for a screen pass. On the other side of the line, Hoomanawanui took off for a pass from what appeared to be the left tackle position.

Is it deceptive, as Ravens coach John Harbaugh alleged? Sure it is. But so is a play-action pass, a draw play, a flea flicker, a statue of liberty, a lateral pass to a receiver who throws the ball to another receiver, the zone blitz, the fake blitz, the delayed blitz, every pre-snap look aimed at making the opponent think the play is something other than what it will be, a fake punt, a fake field goals, a surprise onside kick from conventional kick formation, and a punt returner pretending the ball is coming to him when it’s actually going to a guy left alone on the other side of the field.

The Vereen-ineligible play is legal, as long as the otherwise eligible player reports as ineligible. Which Vereen did. The question then becomes whether the referee properly informed the Ravens about Vereen’s ineligibility. Which the league will explore.

Even if the referee did what he was supposed to do, the formation and the execution suggested that the referee may have gotten the number wrong, saying 34 when he meant to say 47. Which further underscores the brilliance of the play.

Maybe Rodney Harrison was right. Maybe Bill Belichick really is the greatest coach of all time. After all, Belichick managed to confuse and confound a guy who is destined to end up pretty high on the list of best coaches ever.

RobBlake
01-11-2015, 12:38 PM
It wasn't cheating, but it's pretty funny that Belicheat had to pull out all sorts of desperate trickeration to barely squeak past one of the worst secondaries in football at home. If it was any other team, the media would be writing them off, but since it's the Pats, they've been practically handed the Lombardi already by the media.

Bal is like an NFCW team. They are physical and punch you in the mouth come playoffs.. BAL is a good squad despite record

Just Passin' By
01-11-2015, 12:40 PM
I didn't say Bellichik cheated, dipshit.

I said that inellgible receivers should be handled in the same manner as elible receivers.

I didn't say you did, you cantankerous old bastard. Learn to fucking read. At your age, that should already have been done.

Just Passin' By
01-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Even recognizing that in all likelihood they didn't film the Rams walkthrough, it's still bullshit to suggest they didn't cheat all before 2007 and that the 3 SBs were all won without cheating.

Try not to be more of an idiot than Milkman. Just go sit down with Warner and have another good cry.

milkman
01-11-2015, 12:46 PM
I didn't say you did, you cantankerous old bastard. Learn to ****ing read. At your age, that should already have been done.

Since you qouted my post with that idiotic homeristic response, the accusation seemed to be implied.

But just ****ing pass by already, and scrub your bleeding vagina with belt sander on the way out.

Rams Fan
01-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Try not to be more of an idiot than Milkman. Just go sit down with Warner and have another good cry.

I didn't say they cheated yesterday. I'm just saying you're being ignorant if you don't think that the Patriots performance from 2000-2007 wasn't at all assisted by cheating.

And we get it. Belichick and Bob Kraft are amazing. All of Boston sports are amazing. What else do you want us to read?

Hootie
01-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Brady needs another Super Bowl, desperately. Otherwise he'll retire with three asterisks.

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 01:08 PM
I didn't say they cheated yesterday. I'm just saying you're being ignorant if you don't think that the Patriots performance from 2000-2007 wasn't at all assisted by cheating.

And we get it. Belichick and Bob Kraft are amazing. All of Boston sports are amazing. What else do you want us to read?

Who said anything about Kraft besides you?

Rams Fan
01-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Who said anything about Kraft besides you?

No one. And it's on me. Every time JPB posts anything about the Patriots I feel like Belichick's, Kraft's, and Brady's dicks are being shoved down my throat.

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 01:10 PM
No one. And it's on me. Every time JPB posts anything about the Patriots I feel like Belichick's, Kraft's, and Brady's dicks are being shoved down my throat.

Seems like a personal issue.

You might want to get that checked out.

Rams Fan
01-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Seems like a personal issue.

You might want to get that checked out.

Or it might be due to St. Louis sports teams being Boston sports teams' bitches the past 14 years or so and me being butthurt about it.

thabear04
01-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Harbaugh just cry every time he lose important game.

GoChargers
01-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Brady needs another Super Bowl, desperately. Otherwise he'll retire with three asterisks.

And Fivehead will retire with two.

*Bailed out by his defense
*Shittiest Super Bowl opponent ever

SAUTO
01-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Or it might be due to St. Louis sports teams being Boston sports teams' bitches the past 14 years or so and me being butthurt about it.

At least you are honest

JD10367
01-11-2015, 01:53 PM

Hey, how are those Chargers doing in the playoffs?

MotherfuckerJones
01-11-2015, 02:22 PM
I give Flacco nothing but credit this time around. I still think he's awful but he certainly looked like a franchise QB in this postseason. 3 ounces of crow, I order.

He is just a better postseason QB than regular season. I'd take that all day. He was really good yesterday.

Chiefnj2
01-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Ngata should have slammed Brady neck first into the turf and said " sorry, I thought he was an in eligible tight end."

BossChief
01-11-2015, 02:48 PM

They had draft picks taken away and had a massive fine because they cheated.

They didn't cheat yesterday though...they just exploited a hole in the rules.

It was cool to watch

Amnorix
01-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Brady needs another Super Bowl, desperately. Otherwise he'll retire with three asterisks rings, two MVPs, the most wins in NFL playoff history, the most completions in NFL playoff history, the most yards in NFL playoff history, the highest winning percentage in NFL playoff history, the most division championships in NFL history, the highest winning percentage in NFL history, tied for the most conference championship wins in NFL History (assuming he doesn't win next week, since if he does he will then take sole possession of that record), two Super Bowl MVPs, ten Pro Bowls, and the STARTING quarterback (over Manning) on the 2000 NFL all-decade team.

FYP. All of this, of course, assumes not adding to the resume this year or in any future years. Can't imagine how he survives in his mansion with his rich, hot model wife and kids with only this to look back on. Gonna be tough!

Hootie
01-11-2015, 10:23 PM
That all looks good but I will not accept the striking of the word 'asterisks' since, as of today, Tom Brady has never won a Super Bowl where his team didn't cheat to gain an unfair competitive advantage.

Other than that, great!

Just Passin' By
01-11-2015, 10:24 PM
They had draft picks taken away and had a massive fine because they cheated.

They didn't cheat yesterday though...they just exploited a hole in the rules.

It was cool to watch

Why do so many people just not bother to read?

The bolded, which is what I wrote, never happened.

Hootie
01-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Tom Brady does, IMO, deserve a Super Bowl without an asterisk. He's a good guy. I hope he gets one next year. He shouldn't have to retire without a real Super Bowl ring.

Amnorix
01-11-2015, 10:26 PM

Errr...no. Vereen reported ineligible one play. Another play it was another guy. Each time the refs announce who was ineligible, and specifically said not to cover that guy.

Then the refs gave Baltimore about ten seconds to do whatever they wanted. Sub or whatever. Harbaugh flips out, and instead of calling time out to adjust, gets himself a 15 yard penalty for some reason.

The "deception" part was that Vereen, when he was ineligible, ACTED like an eligible receiver. He lined up split out, and ran backwards at the snap and acted like he might be getting a screen pass. But, of course, that is entirely legal. So long as he's not an illegal man DOWNfield, it's fine.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--OXJxBd6f--/iqudvj0ipvfpja8qh8xq.png

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--kQs2sl7f--/zvmnmv0jvo1pcpjiy1d8.png

Vereen runs backwards, because as a declared ineligible receiver, he cannot catch the ball unless it's a backward pass. The Ravens knew this before the play, but were so conditioned to seeing Vereen on screens or passes in the flat. (Vereen also keeps his hands up to sell it.) That's why linebacker C.J. Mosley gives him distance but still plays over him in zone. While this is happening, Hoomanawanui streaks in an ideal matchup and gets rewarded. You can see another example—which ends in another gain for Hoomanawanui—in the video here. The Patriots ran three of these plays, and they all ended in receptions.

http://deadspin.com/the-patriots-annoyed-john-harbaugh-by-having-fun-with-e-1678818453

And the NFL has already declared EVERYTHING the Patriots did was legal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12150444/2014-15-nfl-playoffs-league-says-new-england-patriots-substitutions-vs-baltimore-ravens-legal

Just Passin' By
01-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Tom Brady does, IMO, deserve a Super Bowl without an asterisk. He's a good guy. I hope he gets one next year. He shouldn't have to retire without a real Super Bowl ring.

He's got three of them, But I'm sure he appreciates your concern. :thumb:

Amnorix
01-11-2015, 10:28 PM
That all looks good but I will not accept the striking of the word 'asterisks' since, as of today, Tom Brady has never won a Super Bowl where his team didn't cheat to gain an unfair competitive advantage.

Other than that, great!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Hootie
01-11-2015, 10:28 PM
he does have three *** of them but they are tarnished ***

but Belichick is a good coach so I'm sure he'll get Brady a real one in the next three years

Just Passin' By
01-11-2015, 10:30 PM
he does have three *** of them but they are tarnished

No, they're not. Again, I'm sure Brady would appreciate your concern.

Hootie
01-11-2015, 10:35 PM
hmmm

the Patriots forfeited a 1st round pick and were heavily fined for cheating. Cheating so terrible Goodell, the corrupt commissioner, decided to protect the shield by destroying all of the evidence.

Yeah.

Not tarnished at all.

BucEyedPea
01-12-2015, 01:06 AM

He was complaining about the substitutions. Pats ran three plays that declared a receiver as in-eligible creating confusion. He thought it was deceptive as they couldn't make their own substitutions.

Brady said they needed to check the rule-book out. There's more stuff coming at his press conference too.

BucEyedPea
01-12-2015, 01:11 AM

That was the actual gripe.

BucEyedPea
01-12-2015, 01:22 AM
He is just a better postseason QB than regular season. I'd take that all day. He was really good yesterday.

Thought so too.

BucEyedPea
01-12-2015, 01:39 AM
NFL has spoken...and Pats didn't break any rules.

Although the New England Patriots’ offensive formations, substitutions and reporting of which players were eligible or ineligible enraged Ravens coach John Harbaugh, the NFL confirmed Sunday that the Patriots didn’t break any rules during their 35-31 win in the AFC divisional round Saturday evening.

“Everything was legal from a formation and reporting standpoint,” NFL vice president of football communications Michael Signora told The Baltimore Sun in an email.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-nfl-says-patriots-formations-reporting-was-legal-in-ravens-playoff-loss-20150111-story.html

Amnorix
01-12-2015, 05:37 AM
The other thing worth noting is that even though Vereen was an ineligible receiver. He COULD catch a backwards pass (lateral) and go from there. And, of course, he has been on the receiving end of many, many Patriots screen plays.

Lzen
01-12-2015, 09:03 AM
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/npgzz42IEiE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

ROFL
Almost felt bad for the guy. But he did win it with $11,700.

lawrenceRaider
01-12-2015, 09:48 AM
hmmm

the Patriots forfeited a 1st round pick and were heavily fined for cheating. Cheating so terrible Goodell, the corrupt commissioner, decided to protect the shield by destroying all of the evidence.

Yeah.

Not tarnished at all.

I don't think it's coincidental that the Pats haven't won a Superbowl since they were busted in Spygate.

WhawhaWhat
01-12-2015, 10:29 AM
NFL has spoken...and Pats didn't break any rules.

Along the same lines as the Pine Tar rule and game to me.

Is it part of the rules? Yes.
Is it still cheap bullshit? Yes.

I'm sure Belichick had that rule in his back pocket just like Billy Martin did.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm sure Belichick told the officials before the game that they were going to do something "unique."

I have no issue with it.

Although, the last thing I want to see in the NFL is some gimmicky shit like they do in some of those Division 3 schools where they have like 3 QB's lined up and no one knows who is going to get the snap etc etc etc

BucEyedPea
01-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Is it still cheap bullshit? Yes.

This cheap bullshit is your cheap bullshit opinion generated by the green-eyed monster in you.

It's just a trick play. There's plenty of those in football used to fake out the defenses.

Amnorix
01-12-2015, 10:37 AM
I don't think it's coincidental that the Pats haven't won a Superbowl since they were busted in Spygate.

Right. Except they have a higher winning percentage AFTER than they did before, have gone to an NFL record four straight conference championship games, had an undefeated regular season (only the second one in history), and missed out on winning two Super Bowls by the skin of their teeth.

I'm sure some Spygate-type footage would've helped Asante Samuel catch the game sealing interception that went right through his hands, rendering your argument completely invalid.

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4f1f0b976bb3f7687900000a-400/asante-samuel-dropped-an-interception-that-would-have-ended-the-game.jpg

Hootie
01-12-2015, 10:40 AM
those are just excuses, Amnorix

Pats are #1 seed this year. A Super Bowl win by Tom where he plays good football probably officially seals him in as the accepted G.O.A.T.

and, it'll finally give him a ring post Spygate, which I think is a pretty big deal

TEX
01-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Right. Except they have a higher winning percentage AFTER than they did before, have gone to an NFL record four straight conference championship games, had an undefeated regular season (only the second one in history), and missed out on winning two Super Bowls by the skin of their teeth.

I'm sure some Spygate-type footage would've helped Asante Samuel catch the game sealing interception that went right through his hands, rendering your argument completely invalid.

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4f1f0b976bb3f7687900000a-400/asante-samuel-dropped-an-interception-that-would-have-ended-the-game.jpg

All true BUT does NOT make his statement false. Simple question: Have the Pats won a super Bowl since Spy Gate? Very SIMPLE answer - NO! :hmmm:
Will hold true no matter how you spin it.

DaWolf
01-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Harbaugh was caught with his pants down and didn't have his team prepped for any of it. He ought to just shut his mouth and go add that to the game prep next time now that he's seen it.

Same thing when Miami pulled Belichick's pants down when they unveiled the Wildcat on them a few years ago and blew them out of the water. Except I don't remember Bill whining about it. He just shut it down next time he saw it...

jd1020
01-12-2015, 01:57 PM
All true BUT does NOT make his statement false. Simple question: Have the Pats won a super Bowl since Spy Gate? Very SIMPLE answer - NO! :hmmm:
Will hold true no matter how you spin it.

Can you also say that every win previous to spy gate they were filming opponents practices?

Chiefshrink
01-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Bellichek leaves no stone unturned or potential stone to be unturned;) Kudos to Bill:thumb:

Nickel D
01-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Gee..I'd love to hear his take on his once having an accomplice to murder on his team.

BucEyedPea
01-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Gee..I'd love to hear his take on his once having an accomplice to murder on his team.

stay classy