PDA

View Full Version : Football Mannings been playing with a torn Quad for a month

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2015, 04:18 PM
At least that's what I heard announced on Sirius Radio today. They said the Broncos just let it out today to be known.

Edit:

roncos | Peyton Manning doesn't have complete tear

Mon, 12 Jan 2015 08:46:50 -0800

Updating previous reports, Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning (quadriceps) has a strain, and not a complete tear of the right quadriceps muscle, according to sources.
Fantasy Tip: It's not known whether it's a Grade 1-2 strain of the muscle, but this report indicates it was not of the Grade 3 variety. Manning should be viewed as one of the last elite QB options, or first midrange options in traditional league drafts if he returns in 2015.

Comment () | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: CBS 4 Denver - Vic Lombardi

Broncos | Peyton Manning injured Dec. 14

Mon, 12 Jan 2015 08:20:22 -0800

Updating an earlier report, Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning (quadriceps) initially tore the quadriceps Dec. 14 against the San Diego Chargers, according to sources. An MRI confirmed the tear.

Fantasy Tip: Manning would be one of the last elite, or first midrange QB1 options in traditional league drafts if he returns in 2015.

Comment () | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Broncos | Peyton Manning has torn quadriceps

Mon, 12 Jan 2015 08:05:32 -0800

Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning (quadriceps) played Sunday, Jan. 11, and the final month of the season, with a torn right quadriceps muscle, according to two sources.

Broncos | Peyton Manning tanks on lengthy throwsHeHe ! :thumb:

Mon, 12 Jan 2015 07:02:22 -0800

Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning was 2-for-12 on passes that traveled 15 yards or more Sunday, Jan. 11, in the divisional-round playoff loss. Awesome !

Fantasy Tip: Denver's roster is in major flux with Demaryius Thomas a free agent and several potential changes to the coaching staff. Manning's arm strength really seems to have declined. If he returns next season, he'll be at the end of the elite QB1 conversation.This means he will suck !
Comment () | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: Colts.com - Kevin Bowen

Broncos | Peyton Manning undecided on future

Sun, 11 Jan 2015 18:05:40 -0800

Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning said he will have to take some time to see how he feels before deciding whether or not he plays next season.

Fantasy Tip: Manning certainly looked broken down during the team's divisional round loss to the Indianapolis Colts, and if he decides to call it a career, the fantasy value of every member of the Denver offense would be significantly altered. In other words Denver has been a one forehead team !

Comment () | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: The Denver Post

Broncos | Peyton Manning struggles in loss

Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:32:04 -0800

Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning completed 26 of his 46 pass attempts and finished with 211 yards and one touchdown in a 24-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts in the divisional round of the playoffs Sunday, Jan. 11.

Fantasy Tip: Manning looked like a shell of the player that he was just last season, struggling to complete any pass down the field. Add this performance to his struggles in the final weeks of the regular season, and it is fair to question whether his days as an elite quarterback are behind him.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Said he suffered the injury during the San Diego game.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Like i said in another thread: Bullshit.

It's a fucking excuse. We don't know the extent of the injury. But we do know that he never missed a practice, never missed a game, and was never seen favoring his leg.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Manning clearly is faking him, no doubt.

Rodgers, however ... his injury is 10 X worse than advertised.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 04:24 PM

It's a ****ing excuse. We don't know the extent of the injury. But we do know that he never missed a practice, never missed a game, and was never seen favoring his leg.

For sure.

No way is Manning hurt at all. He looked totally normal. Totally agree. Definitely a fake.

Now Rodgers?

He looked like he couldn't even stand up. Every time he snapped the ball I thought he was just going to die. It was crazy. He was probably 25 times more injured than any of us even thought!

Dayze
01-12-2015, 04:25 PM

It's a ****ing excuse. We don't know the extent of the injury. But we do know that he never missed a practice, never missed a game, and was never seen favoring his leg.

I tend to agree.

Hell, Rodgers looked like he could barely walk. I would imagine a torn quad is very painful. I never noticed Peyton favoring anything.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 04:27 PM
I tend to agree.

Hell, Rodgers looked like he could barely walk. I would imagine a torn quad is very painful. I never noticed Peyton favoring anything.

Totally.

Rodgers usually rushes for 515 yards per game.

I noticed that he wasn't like Vick back there, for sure. He usually is. It was insane.

In fact, I think between snaps his center had to carry him to the LOS and everything.

Dude probably is in a wheelchair today.

srvy
01-12-2015, 04:30 PM
I saw this on Sportscenter this morning. The reporter stressed that none of this came from team or the Manning camp. Reporter stressed he dare anyone to play with this injury well and looked about to bawl. I say BS my guess Archie dropped that ball to make his prized son not look like such a boob.

Doctors had to clear him and surely Fox and Elway wouldn't play him if he was in that much pain. Just a excuse for him being done but wont admit it.

Beef Supreme
01-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Correction: Not a torn quad, but a shorn scrotum.

Hootie
nevermind Manning

what a truly heroic performance by Aaron Rodgers

I just cannot believe he could play when he was that severely injured. It was amazing. I mean, at no point when he snapped the ball did I ever see him struggle with any movement whatsoever ... but when they showed him with a slight limp walking towards the sideline during a timeout ... my God. It was just ... legendary.

Just wow.

Jerm
No fucking way he played with any sort of serious quad injury, esp. a tear.

That's a ridiculous cop out attempt....

New World Order
01-12-2015, 04:32 PM

That offense looked completely different after that STL game. They started running almost every play.

When have you seen Manning go with a run-heavy attack?

New World Order
01-12-2015, 04:33 PM
No ****ing way he played with any sort of serious quad injury, esp. a tear.

That's a ridiculous cop out attempt....

Why do you think he looked like shit the second half of the season?

saphojunkie
01-12-2015, 04:34 PM
nevermind Manning

I just cannot believe he could play when he was that severely injured. It was amazing. I mean, at no point when he snapped the ball did I ever see him struggle with any movement whatsoever ... but when they showed him with a slight limp walking towards the sideline during a timeout ... my God. It was just ... legendary.

Just wow.

You need to take a deep breath.

Jerm
01-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Why do you think he looked like shit the second half of the season?

Because it turned cold and time caught up with him....

mikey23545
01-12-2015, 04:36 PM
I saw this on Sportscenter this morning. The reporter stressed that none of this came from team or the Manning camp. Reporter stressed he dare anyone to play with this injury well and looked about to bawl. I say BS my guess Archie dropped that ball to make his prized son not look like such a boob.

Doctors had to clear him and surely Fox and Elway wouldn't play him if he was in that much pain. Just a excuse for him being done but wont admit it.

Just like Pootie, you mean?

Hootie
01-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Clearly in all 13 playoff losses Peyton Manning has suffered after the game his team has released a fake injury to explain why he lost.

Definitely faking.

In58men
01-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Manning worships the ground Rodgers walks on ROFL

Hootie
01-12-2015, 04:38 PM
I mean, how pathetic!

Clearly he's a fake.

Wow. Just. This just seals it. Peyton Manning is the biggest fraud in NFL history. He's like a Trent Dilfer with less natural talent.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 04:46 PM
That offense looked completely different after that STL game. They started running almost every play.

When have you seen Manning go with a run-heavy attack?

Supposedly he was hurt after the 2nd SD game.....so your point in invalid.

Why so run heavy? Simple: He's getting old. His arm, which has been questionable since his return, was diminishing. I mean, some of his throws just had no velocity at all. It was pretty freaking clear he arm strength was in considerable decline.

Fox knew this and realized that they needed to develop a run game asap, or be one and done.

Just look at the play calling. Even when they threw, they threw short.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Clearly in all 13 playoff losses Peyton Manning has suffered after the game his team has released a fake injury to explain why he lost.

Definitely faking.

He's declined dude. It's time to move on.

Great player, greatest of all time even.

But age catches up to everyone.

Beef Supreme
01-12-2015, 04:47 PM
And yet he overthrew his receiver 3 times in a row.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 04:48 PM
so you noticed his arm strength was clearly in decline as the season progress but that couldn't have been due to an injury ...

I just ... this site is great

Hootie
01-12-2015, 04:49 PM
He's declined dude. It's time to move on.

Great player, greatest of all time even.

But age catches up to everyone.

Clearly he has declined. He declined significantly after week 10 this season alone.

I have only been saying these things for two months now.

Gravedigger
I don't mean to be a cynic but it is surely convenient when players do this after the last game of the season. Yeah, you can say that they didn't want their competition knowing their weaknesses, but I'm not buying it.

SAUTO
I mean, how pathetic!

Clearly he's a fake.

Wow. Just. This just seals it. Peyton Manning is the biggest fraud in NFL history. He's like a Trent Dilfer with less natural talent.

dude even the DENVER reporters are backing off on the "torn" claim

srvy
01-12-2015, 04:50 PM
I mean, how pathetic!

Clearly he's a fake.

No but I think he is an egotistical prick who cares more about his stats and legacy and how he goes down in history.

If your hurt dont take the rest of the team down with you. I am sure the docs didnt find to mush serious and cleared him. Why take your medical license and wipe your ass with it for that prick?

Dad get me out of this!!! They booed me and I am labeled a choker help me Daddy.

Brock
01-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Could have been why his ducks weren't landing where he wanted them to.

ModSocks
Clearly he has declined. He declined significantly after week 10 this season alone.

I have only been saying these things for two months now.

So what's your point?

My point is not that he wasn't injured, but rather the injury had no significance towards his play.

Hootie
lolololol

no QB double standards on this site whatsoever!

nope!

Hootie
01-12-2015, 04:55 PM
So what's your point?

My point is not that he wasn't injured, but rather the injury had no significance towards his play.

Oh.

So when I was making the same point about Rodgers in the game thread and was being chastised ...

yeah right

NO QB DOUBLE STANDARDS ON CP . COM !

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 04:56 PM
lolololol

no QB double standards on this site whatsoever!

nope!

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Again, he never missed a practice, a game and was never seen walking around with a limp.

How much a role do you think this "injury" played, if any at all?

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Oh.

So when I was making the same point about Rodgers in the game thread and was being chastised ...

yeah right

NO QB DOUBLE STANDARDS ON CP . COM !

Yeah, i don't know what you're talking about. I didn't participate in w/e thread/conversation you're talking about.

jspchief
01-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Lmfao at hootie flailing around in this thread. He's like a spurned teenage girl.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Lmfao at hootie flailing around in this thread. He's like a spurned teenage girl.

It is entertaining.

PizzaDoughz
01-12-2015, 05:16 PM

I'm new here. Does Hootie always act like this?

Brock
01-12-2015, 05:19 PM
I'm new here. Does Hootie always act like this?

Yes, unless he stops taking his medication, and then he starts acting a little unreasonable.

BigRedChief
01-12-2015, 05:20 PM
I don't mean to be a cynic but it is surely convenient when players do this after the last game of the season. Yeah, you can say that they didn't want their competition knowing their weaknesses, but I'm not buying it.In thought there were NFL rules in place that prevent teams from hiding player injuries?

BucEyedPea
01-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Poor guy!

Hootie
01-12-2015, 05:22 PM
In thought there were NFL rules in place that prevent teams from hiding player injuries?

he was on the injury report

Rausch
01-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Fuck 'em...

New World Order
01-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Supposedly he was hurt after the 2nd SD game.....so your point in invalid.

Why so run heavy? Simple: He's getting old. His arm, which has been questionable since his return, was diminishing. I mean, some of his throws just had no velocity at all. It was pretty freaking clear he arm strength was in considerable decline.

Fox knew this and realized that they needed to develop a run game asap, or be one and done.

Just look at the play calling. Even when they threw, they threw short.

It's not invalid. He went to the locker room during the Rams game. He obviously was seriously injured there and it showed for the rest of the season.

He just doesn't dominate and then drop off the edge of the cliff without something being wrong. He was hurt, and it's pretty obvious.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 05:31 PM
No way.

It's Peyton Manning. He wasn't hurt. He just suddenly, out of nowhere, stopped throwing TD's for the first time in his entire career.

He made up this fake injury that he was listed on the injury report with just in case he choked again so he could have a built in excuse.

Unfortunately, unlike everyone else Peyton isn't allowed built in excuses even when he purposely builds them in so experiment failed.

New World Order
01-12-2015, 05:32 PM
No way.

It's Peyton Manning. He wasn't hurt. He just suddenly, out of nowhere, stopped throwing TD's for the first time in his entire career.

He made up this fake injury that he was listed on the injury report with just in case he choked again so he could have a built in excuse.

Unfortunately, unlike everyone else Peyton isn't allowed built in excuses even when he purposely builds them in so experiment failed.

*Light bulb

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 05:34 PM
It's not invalid. He went to the locker room during the Rams game. He obviously was seriously injured there and it showed for the rest of the season.

He just doesn't dominate and then drop off the edge of the cliff without something being wrong. He was hurt, and it's pretty obvious.

It is invalid. You're blaming his lack of production on the "torn" Quad, which didn't occur until almost a month later.

Hootie
don't you guys remember that one postseason game he lost and he made up that neck injury where he sat out an entire season?

ModSocks
No way.

Making up arguments to argue with yourself about?

Get a grip, you're spiraling out of control.

New World Order
01-12-2015, 05:35 PM
The stupidity in this thread is absolutely mind boggling.

We even have a thread asking if you would rather have Manning or Smith

:facepalm:

Hootie
It is invalid. You're blaming his lack of production on the "torn" Quad, which didn't occur until almost a month later.

Peyton threw like 85 TD's in 25 regular season games ...

and then suddenly, over his last 6, he goes 10 : 6 and looks like an absolute shell of his week 1 self in the process

and it's not rational to conclude there was something wrong with him physically?

Yep. Peyton Manning everyone.

srvy
In thought there were NFL rules in place that prevent teams from hiding player injuries?

There is I thought to. This is probably why it didn't come from the team or Manning camp. More like a public relations (Daddy) clear his good name from a choker when it counts.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Making up arguments to argue with yourself about?

Get a grip, you're spiraling out of control.

No. I'm amazed by the fact people hate Peyton Manning so much they think he planted a fake injury story after a playoff loss.

But there aren't any QB double standards when it comes to Peyton Manning. Nope. None.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 05:37 PM
There is I thought to. This is probably why it didn't come from the team or Manning camp. More like a public relations (Daddy) clear his good name from a choker when it counts.

Oh for sure.

That's why he was listed on the injury report before the game with a thigh injury.

Brilliant insight.

New World Order
01-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Oh for sure.

That's why he was listed on the injury report before the game with a thigh injury.

Brilliant insight.

LMAO

Baby Lee
01-12-2015, 05:39 PM
nevermind Manning

Just wow.

I have no idea why you're pushing this narrative.

Rodgers did demonstrate mobility difficulties, but he didn't complain and won the game.

OTOH, your boo Peytie-pie laid another playoff turd, and out come the very excuses you're trying to mock Rodgers with.

What is the deal? Do you think Hootard is a compliment?

New World Order
01-12-2015, 05:42 PM
I have no idea why you're pushing this narrative.

Rodgers did demonstrate mobility difficulties, but he didn't complain and won the game.

OTOH, your boo Peytie-pie laid another playoff turd, and out come the very excuses you're trying to mock Rodgers with.

What is the deal? Do you think Hootard is a compliment?

A torn quad is a bit different than a strained calf.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 05:42 PM
No. I'm amazed by the fact people hate Peyton Manning so much they think he planted a fake injury story after a playoff loss.

But there aren't any QB double standards when it comes to Peyton Manning. Nope. None.

Drop the double standard bullshit with me, i still don't know wtf you're talking about and bringing it up is annoying.

No, he didn't just magically fall off a cliff. He's been in decline for awhile now. You could see the decline since the SB.

And no, i don't give a fuck what his stats for the 1st half of the season were, so don't waste your time.

All you had to do which the guy throw the ball to see his decline.

And no one said he "made up" an injury. Stop making up arguments that never existed.

If you chill out and read, i said, several times, that the injury had little to no impact on his performance.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Especially now that everyone is backtracking.

It's not even a tear anymore.

Now it's a "strain".

TribalElder
Manning failed to get it done and people want someone to blame

It's like when a person dies, only this time it was denvers playoff lives.

Something or someone has to take tha fall

Some fucktards should probably not stop taking their Ritalin

New World Order
Drop the double standard bullshit with me, i still don't know wtf you're talking about and bringing it up is annoying.

No, he didn't just magically fall off a cliff. He's been in decline for awhile now. You could see the decline since the SB.

And no, i don't give a **** what his stats for the 1st half of the season were, so don't waste your time.

All you had to do which the guy throw the ball to see his decline.

And no one said he "made up" an injury. Stop making up arguments that never existed.

If you chill out and read, i said, several times, that the injury had little to no impact on his performance.

Really? Because before the Rams game he threw for 29 tds and 7 int.

I wish we had a qb that was in that kind of "decline."

Hootie
01-12-2015, 05:45 PM
I'm not mocking anyone.

I watched Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning all year long. Rodgers looked exactly like Rodgers always looked. When the ball was snapped, I noticed know mobility issues. None. Not at all. His ball also had plenty of zip on that. If you want to suggest like tk13 that he was doing that with all arm and no leg and somehow he still maintained his accuracy, I'll just go ahead and lol once again.

Peyton has looked like this for about 8 weeks now. Go read the FanDuel thread. Guys like Flop and I have referenced it and I've said it in Denver game threads with tk13 as well.

I'm sure they both had real injuries. Peyton couldn't overcome his. Aaron overcame his. Kudos to Aaron.

All I'm trying to say about Aaron is ... watching him ... his calf didn't appear to hinder him one bit. That's not me saying he faked this injury. Clearly, it's a real injury. It's that he was the same Aaron Rodgers I've watched for 17 weeks this year now.

People were trying to act like he was getting Byron Leftwich'd to the huddle after every completion ... he was not.

Dude was as poised in the pocket as ever, moved around in the pocket well like usual, and made the right reads and the right throws like he always does.

I give him an A performance. The calf injury did not hinder him, though. It's not like he was fucking Kirk Gibson out there. It's just a ridiculous narrative.

I challenge you to go watch Peyton Manning play the Colts week 1 and then again in the playoffs and try to tell me he looks like the same QB.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Manning for the first 8 weeks was every bit as good as he was last year when he threw 55 regular season TD's.

Something, and I don't fucking know what, happened around the Rams game and he was never the same. He lost all zip on his ball and he wasn't very accurate, either.

Those overthrows didn't just start happening. I said in the game thread that I've watched Peyton overthrow Emmanuel about 35 times this year.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 05:48 PM
The stupidity in this thread is absolutely mind boggling.

We even have a thread asking if you would rather have Manning or Smith

:facepalm:

What's mind boggling is that you're trying to pinpoint an injury for his decline, even though that injury occurred 1 month after his offense started taking a huge step back.

Look, it was a freaking miracle that he was able to come back and play at all. He had to completely retrain his arm.

The man couldn't even throw the football 15 yards downfield.

Now, at age 40, it's too freaking hard to believe that his body is starting to fatigue?

It's amazing that it lasted as long as it did.

New World Order
01-12-2015, 05:49 PM
What's mind boggling is that you're trying to pinpoint an injury for his decline, even though that injury occurred 1 month after his offense started taking a huge step back.

Look, it was a freaking miracle that he was able to come back and play at all. He had to completely retrain his arm.

The man couldn't even throw the football 15 yards downfield.

Now, at age 40, it's too freaking hard to believe that his body is starting to fatigue?

It's amazing that it lasted as long as it did.

Look up his stats before the Rams game.

He had one bad performance, against NE.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Really? Because before the Rams game he threw for 29 tds and 7 int.

I wish we had a qb that was in that kind of "decline."

And a lot of them were still wobble launchers, yes.

Lack of velocity doesn't show on a stat sheet.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Look up his stats before the Rams game.

He had one bad performance, against NE.

Decline. Which means to progressively get worse.

Something happened during that StL game, eh? That's why he came back and complete 80% of his passes for 4 TD's in Miami.

If we're going to use stats, rather than eyes to evaluate Peyton, then we need Advanced stats, because box score stats don't even begin to tell a story.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Basic box score stats don't agree with Hootie or NWO either. Again, box score stats dont tell the whole story.

Based on Box score stats, there was NO decline at all, just a decline in attempts.

New World Order
01-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Decline. Which means to progressively get worse.

Something happened during that StL game, eh? That's why he came back and complete 80% of his passes for 4 TD's in Miami.

If we're going to use stats, rather than eyes to evaluate Peyton, then we need Advanced stats, because box score stats don't even begin to tell a story.

But he didn't

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 05:57 PM
But he didn't

So....you're saying an injury had little to no effect then, correct?

Make up your mind.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Either he got worse because of an injury

He didn't get worse at all

Or he experienced a steady decline.

Pick one.

Doesn't really matter because non of that shows on a box score.

Which is why i told Hootie several posts back to not bother linking stats to me.

Stats don't tell you the whole story. They don't tell you how awful some of those passes were (completed or not) and they don't tell you how far the ball traveled in the air.

BOX SCORE STATS DON'T TELL US ANYTHING.

So please stop using them.

They don't support your argument, w/e your argument is.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Basic box score stats don't agree with Hootie or NWO either. Again, box score stats dont tell the whole story.

Based on Box score stats, there was NO decline at all, just a decline in attempts.

go find me a stretch in Peyton Manning's career where he threw 10 TD's against 6 INT's in 6 games.

ModSocks
01-12-2015, 06:02 PM
go find me a stretch in Peyton Manning's career where he threw 10 TD's against 6 INT's in 6 games.

Go find me a stretch of Manning's career in which he was 40 years old.

FATIGUE.

It happens when you get old.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 06:04 PM
I don't think anyone is arguing that.

Obviously father time has caught up. An injury on top of that didn't do him any favors.

Marcellus
01-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Its all BS.

Manning made it up after he heard Smith played the 2nd half of the Pitt game with a lacerated spleen.

New World Order
01-12-2015, 06:06 PM
So....you're saying an injury had little to no effect then, correct?

Make up your mind.

You said he has been on a decline since the SB.

He hasn't. He looked like prime Peyton until his injury.

srvy
01-12-2015, 06:07 PM
A torn quad is a bit different than a strained calf.

Injury report says nothing about a torn quad.

srvy
01-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Hootie get back on your med's your starting to get the Hootie 2.0 shakes.
http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-Glitch-OMG-oprah-shake-shocked-surprised-weird-GIF.gif

srvy
01-12-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm not mocking anyone.

I watched Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning all year long. Rodgers looked exactly like Rodgers always looked. When the ball was snapped, I noticed know mobility issues. None. Not at all. His ball also had plenty of zip on that. If you want to suggest like tk13 that he was doing that with all arm and no leg and somehow he still maintained his accuracy, I'll just go ahead and lol once again.

Peyton has looked like this for about 8 weeks now. Go read the FanDuel thread. Guys like Flop and I have referenced it and I've said it in Denver game threads with tk13 as well.

I'm sure they both had real injuries. Peyton couldn't overcome his. Aaron overcame his. Kudos to Aaron.

All I'm trying to say about Aaron is ... watching him ... his calf didn't appear to hinder him one bit. That's not me saying he faked this injury. Clearly, it's a real injury. It's that he was the same Aaron Rodgers I've watched for 17 weeks this year now.

People were trying to act like he was getting Byron Leftwich'd to the huddle after every completion ... he was not.

Dude was as poised in the pocket as ever, moved around in the pocket well like usual, and made the right reads and the right throws like he always does.

I give him an A performance. The calf injury did not hinder him, though. It's not like he was fucking Kirk Gibson out there. It's just a ridiculous narrative.

I challenge you to go watch Peyton Manning play the Colts week 1 and then again in the playoffs and try to tell me he looks like the same QB.

Because you watched Manning and Rodgers all year we are supposed to take that as it means anything? I just see you watching Payme with heart shaped rose colored glasses means nothing.

Rausch
01-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Rausch still doesn't know $3it about football.

Eh 'pootie?...

New World Order
01-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Injury report says nothing about a torn quad.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

srvy
01-12-2015, 06:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season

So? this is the espn clip I saw this morning. You did hear Shefter say he received a text from a 3rd party not affiliated with the Bronco's or PAYton Mannings camp. So Archie text-ed Shefter and nearly brought tears to his eyes on poor Pouton.

cdcox
01-12-2015, 06:58 PM
I heard before the game that Peyton had been injured the several previous weeks but the bye week has done him wonders. I guess not. He has noticeably weakened at the end of each of the seasons since his return from paralysis.

Garcia Bronco
01-12-2015, 07:02 PM

He missed a number of practices and didn t practice near as much this year compared to ithers. He ll retire

Pasta Little Brioni
01-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Well before the game when they were sucking him off they said the injury was of no concern and that the bye rejuvenated him. It's a bullshit excuse.

tk13
01-12-2015, 07:06 PM
I still don't think this meshes with his overall dropoff in play. That 2nd Chiefs game looked just like the game yesterday. Sutton pressed Manning and challenged him to throw deep, and he missed on a bunch of fade routes. Completed around 50% of his passes and threw for under 200 yards. Colts did the same thing yesterday.

Garcia Bronco
01-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Girls, girls...you re all pretty.

Peyton declined as the season went on and when you combine all the factors...its easy to understand that he s done.

We re still going to beat your ass. Don t sweat it

Garcia Bronco
01-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Well before the game when they were sucking him off they said the injury was of no concern and that the bye rejuvenated him. It's a bullshit excuse.

The media doesn t have anything to do with it. What problem are you trying to solve?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2015, 07:10 PM
If you noticed the Broncos turned to a running game the last 4 or 5 weeks . The same time frame of Mannings decline.

Manning in all his years has NEVER had a run game to support him.

I've kinda thought in my mind that fox's strategy was to develop a run game so other teams couldn't just focus on shutting down the pass like Seattle did in last years romp in the SB.

And in return it just threw the forehead completely out of rythem as he's normally just passing his way to a win all game long.

Garcia Bronco
01-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Edgerin James was a running game...good grief

stonedstooge
01-12-2015, 07:12 PM
I think his right triceps is shot.

BigRedChief
01-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Oh for sure.

Brilliant insight.Probably 95% on NFL players at the end of the season have thigh injuries.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Edgerin James was a running game...good grief

Good grief.. how long did that last !

BigChiefFan
01-12-2015, 08:16 PM
It has to be reported to the NFL. I call bullshit.

seamonster
01-12-2015, 08:21 PM
He was sucky against the bills and the chiefs event before the quad injury.

lcarus
01-12-2015, 08:24 PM
GOD DAMMIT DONALD

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DttfyOeU3vw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus
01-12-2015, 08:26 PM
GOD DAMMIT DONALD

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DttfyOeU3vw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peyton just seems like a real douche to play with.

His tirade on his linemen on the sidelines that one year was pretty douchey as well. So childish.

lcarus
01-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Peyton just seems like a real douche to play with.

His tirade on his linemen on the sidelines that one year was pretty douchey as well. So childish.

Does he say Donald or Dallas in that video? People in the comments are debating it. Since I saw it, I can definitely hear Dallas now.

notorious
01-12-2015, 08:28 PM
I haven't read the thread, but let me guess:

Hootie brought Rodgers up, and began creating his own narrative to argue with.

gold_and_red
01-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Beating PFM in the playoffs is so easy that even a caveman;) can do it...

J Diddy
01-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Hell that's nothing. He's been playing with a torn labia for years.

tecumseh
01-12-2015, 09:11 PM
I have never seen Peyton take the blame for a bad play. Never saw the "on me" gesture once from him. Just the stare down smirk when a ball isn't caught. Well, Sundays game made up for it.

ptlyon
01-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Pussy

ClevelandBronco
01-12-2015, 09:16 PM
It has been a great three years. Time to move on and suck for a while.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2015, 09:20 PM
It has been a great three years. Time to move on and suck for a while.

If you look at the big picture , all he really did was make the Broncos draft closer to the bottom of the draft.

notorious
01-12-2015, 09:22 PM
It has been a great year. Time to move on and suck for 45 years.

/1969 Chiefs

JD10367
01-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Most of Tom Brady's career, he's been on the weekly injury report as "Probable (right shoulder)". It became a running joke for us fans.

Fuck you, Manning.

ptlyon
01-12-2015, 09:25 PM
How come his dad didn't call the NFL and get it changed?

ClevelandBronco
01-12-2015, 09:26 PM
If you look at the big picture , all he really did was make the Broncos draft closer to the bottom of the draft.

All he really did was entertain the hell out of me.

J Diddy
01-12-2015, 09:37 PM

True dat.

Yesterday he entertained the hell out of me too. Oh and last year's superbowl was hella entertaining.

Of course he pissed me off a couple of times a year, too, but those two times more than made up for it.

Red Dawg
01-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Injury or no injury he is flat out too old to last.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2015, 09:50 PM

You have to admit ,

he has one hell of a forehead !

Red Dawg
01-12-2015, 10:02 PM

Me as well. I was very entertained yesterday and during last years SB.

Hootie
01-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Me as well. I was very entertained yesterday and during last years SB.

were you entertained by last year's AFCCG and the last 6 times Peyton has played KC?