PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: Your Sports Quirks

Direckshun
01-13-2015, 10:06 PM
What's something you do on the field/court/track/etc when you compete that people would consider odd or unique?

I play soccer, and when I open up down the field, I will often shout at my teammate with the ball.

Because it takes too long to shout "I'm open," or whatever, I just yell "HUP!" super loud and quick to indicate where I am.

cdcox
01-13-2015, 10:07 PM
What's something you do on the field/court/track/etc when you compete that people would consider odd or unique?

I play soccer.

That is weird.

RealSNR
01-13-2015, 10:12 PM
I find myself castling queenside more often than I castle kingside

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-13-2015, 10:15 PM
When I shoot free throws I always bounce the ball three times and then spin it in my hands before I shoot.

I only use a broken tee on par 3s. Before I putt I stand to the left and parallel of my intended line and swing my left back and forth, imagining the path of the ball. If I hit a shot right on line, I'll usually say, "Be riiiiiiiiiiiight." If I think a shot is going to come up short I'll chide the ball, "Go..GO!!"

O.city
01-13-2015, 10:25 PM
When I shoot free throws I always bounce the ball three times and then spin it in my hands before I shoot.

I only use a broken tee on par 3s. Before I putt I stand to the left and parallel of my intended line and swing my left back and forth, imagining the path of the ball. If I hit a shot right on line, I'll usually say, "Be riiiiiiiiiiiight." If I think a shot is going to come up short I'll chide the ball, "Go..GO!!"

I always have to use white tees for some reason

Just Passin' By
01-13-2015, 10:31 PM
I refuse to pass the ball to any teammate who's screaming about being open, and drawing attention to himself.

Prison Bitch
01-13-2015, 10:32 PM
When I slam over someone, I normally grab my nuts and do a primal scream. It's good luck

Simply Red
01-13-2015, 10:34 PM
I run around my forehand to hit my backhand - most are exact opposite. I've played Tennis my whole life, basically.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-13-2015, 10:36 PM

Chess dork FTW!

Baby Lee
01-13-2015, 10:41 PM
When it comes to darts, and I'm actually not bad, I have no idea what the mechanism is in my aiming. Basically, if I can say it right, I just concentrate on where I want it to go and throw. I couldn't tell you in the least what I do different from throw to throw.

Maybe it's subconscious, but it feels radically different from throwing a baseball or shooting a basketball, where I can sense my aiming and correction. Almost like I play by the power of positive thinking.

Simply Red
01-13-2015, 10:57 PM
When it comes to darts, and I'm actually not bad, I have no idea what the mechanism is in my aiming. Basically, if I can say it right, I just concentrate on where I want it to go and throw. I couldn't tell you in the least what I do different from throw to throw.

Maybe it's subconscious, but it feels radically different from throwing a baseball or shooting a basketball, where I can sense my aiming and correction. Almost like I play by the power of positive thinking.

I've shot enough that I know exactly what you mean.

Buehler445
01-13-2015, 11:05 PM
When I shoot freethrows, I just set myself and shoot. No dribbles, no spins, no nothing. That is weird. Everybody that's played much basketball knows that you do the same shit every time. And I do, it's just all in my head, focusing on my legs and balance, because that's where my shot goes to fuck.

I played with a guy in high school that after every freethrow he shot he would turn and look at the score board. Every fucking time. I don't know where the hell that came from.

Similar to D, when I'm open playing basketball I give a Whoo! Picked it up from my coach.

Buehler445
01-13-2015, 11:08 PM

I'm bad at darts. But I always breathe out before I throw. Probably from my drunker days when I was trying to get my shit back together:)

Baby Lee
01-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Speaking of rituals, as a soccer player, I think the football ritual for placekickers with the two big steps back and two to the side is so trite. If you're a 'soccer style' kicker, or any type really, you know where you need to be in relation to the spot. Every time I see it, which is every time, I get douche chills.

That's not a player quirk, it's an observer quirk.

Tell me, how often have you see a soccer player on a free kick 'measure off' a stride pattern like that?

It's the NFL version of a toady corporate report, a face-saving gesture.

Baby Lee
01-13-2015, 11:15 PM
I'm bad at darts. But I always breathe out before I throw. Probably from my drunker days when I was trying to get my shit back together:)

I played the majority of my darts at Blueberry Hill in Law School. We wagered that whomever lost had to volunteer a question in class after lunch [which meant the next class would be you mano-e-mano in a class of 150 or so with the professor for as long as he kept you on the hook.

Alcohol was imbibed on occasion, but stake existed.

Buehler445
01-13-2015, 11:20 PM
I played the majority of my darts at Blueberry Hill in Law School. We wagered that whomever lost had to volunteer a question in class after lunch [which meant the next class would be you mano-e-mano in a class of 150 or so with the professor for as long as he kept you on the hook.

Alcohol was imbibed on occasion, but stake existed.

Man, I stayed away from stake on darts. That is just a money losing proposition.

I did put some money on pool, even though I was notably meh at it. Probably a nervous habit, but I chalked my stick while lining up the shot. I played enough shitty sticks to know that chalk was important, so I consumed it like it was the cure (it wasn't).

Baby Lee
01-13-2015, 11:33 PM
Man, I stayed away from stake on darts. That is just a money losing proposition.

I did put some money on pool, even though I was notably meh at it. Probably a nervous habit, but I chalked my stick while lining up the shot. I played enough shitty sticks to know that chalk was important, so I consumed it like it was the cure (it wasn't).

It actually petered out after a while when the professors noticed midway through the semester that the same 4-6 or so guys kept raising their hands in class right after lunch.

;)

Ming the Merciless
01-14-2015, 12:04 AM

Even when your opponent castles short?

Rain Man
01-14-2015, 12:06 AM
I tend to frown and shake my head a lot after Chiefs playoff games.

RealSNR
01-14-2015, 12:18 AM
Even when your opponent castles short?

My opponents rarely castle before I do, if they castle at all.

And by "opponents" I mean my dad. He's the only person I've found who will play chess with me who's evenly matched enough so that it won't be a slaughter for either side.

Ming the Merciless
01-14-2015, 12:22 AM
My opponents rarely castle before I do, if they castle at all.

And by "opponents" I mean my dad. He's the only person I've found who will play chess with me who's evenly matched enough so that it won't be a slaughter for either side.

Cool , look up Hans kmoch 'pawn power' ranger pawns...

Its an idea when you castle queenside , you send the other 3 pawns on the far side storming in on his hopefully castled king (ranger pawns)

Lol

Hans kmoch and ranger pawns

I love you SNR

Ming the Merciless
01-14-2015, 12:23 AM
PS

The 3 pawns that stay by your king are "home pawns"

Send the rangers to fight

cosmo20002
01-14-2015, 12:23 AM
When I play football, I throw the ball three yards on 3rd down when we need 10 yards.

/Alex

Perineum Ripper
01-14-2015, 12:24 AM
When I play baseball and I go to dig in the batters box..I dig in my back foot 1st..then I dig in where I will put my front foot..then I will step in and keep my hand up to make sure time is called..then dig another spot about 6 inches in front of my lead foot..where I want my foot to land whenever I swing

Another baseball one I do..if I play on the infield I will day a line in front of me where I want to play..then whenever the pitcher goes into motion I am normally about 3 steps behind my line..as he goes through his motion I creep up so I am on the line about the time the pitch gets to the plate

A football one I do..if I play offense I have to wear gloves..then when I play defense I have to take them off

Hootie
01-14-2015, 12:25 AM
during rec league basketball when I make a simple pass to someone who then makes a three I always yell "assist!" just so everyone knows I passed said person the ball.

Just want to make sure people know how good I am.

Direckshun
01-14-2015, 12:33 AM
You are so white.

Everybody on the streets knows you're supposed to yell "dime."

Hootie
01-14-2015, 12:41 AM
You are so white.

Everybody on the streets knows you're supposed to yell "dime."

I do it to sound as gay as possible. Duh.