PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs -- Alex Smith is now better than Peyton Manning

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 03:09 PM
I think it's obvious now, we now have the better QB - can't wait until next season!

Had we had the honor of playing them again after week 15 - we'd have won.

We will sweep these clowns next season - Smith > Manning now.

eDave
01-17-2015, 03:13 PM
:popcorn:

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Oh the difference a few weeks make when you're getting his age - Had I created this three weeks ago - there'd be 40 posts by now calling me an idiot - those posts will still come - but not like they would have - I think we've all reached a conclusion, we have the stronger QB now. Let's face it, he's younger, smarter and better now.

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 03:15 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/QUOTE]

Coochie liquor
01-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Alecth Thmith

Lonewolf Ed
01-17-2015, 03:16 PM
I will only believe it after I see it with my own eyes!

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 03:17 PM
I will only believe it after I see it with my own eyes!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/QUOTE]

Mr. Laz
01-17-2015, 03:19 PM
attention whore thread is whoring

Coochie liquor

Clay should produce...... Alex Smith: the no balls theory!!

Simply Red
attention whore thread is whoring

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-b9C1D3sd18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jim Lahey
01-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Did Manning suddenly transform into a potato or something?

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Did Manning suddenly transform into a potato or something?

Yes. He's terrible now.

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Eli is better now.

keg in kc
01-17-2015, 03:35 PM
That's like saying your 3 legged cat runs better than the cat buried out in the back yard in a shoe box.

Sandy Vagina
01-17-2015, 03:47 PM
He is.. which is why the Broncs had to surround Forehead with an elite receiving corps and highest rated pass blocking OL. Dude is spoiled rotten.. while Smith gets surrounded by crap.. except for JC of course. :p

notorious
01-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Didn't the Chiefs get fisted by the broke-dick version of Manning in Arrowhead?

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 03:53 PM
He is.. which is why the Broncs had to surround Forehead with an elite receiving corps and highest rated pass blocking OL. Dude is spoiled rotten.. while Smith gets surrounded by crap.. except for JC of course. :p

I firmly believe this - do you all realize scholastically this man is smarter than any other starting NFL QB - RW included..?

Dude is brilliantly smart. I think we get him help AND THEN if he fucks us - then, THEN be pissed off at him.

He literally was throwing to running turds last season - Or others w/o any experience in the league. Little turds with legs and feet and arms.

Did you see what Clutch Gene shows us when he has a Crabtree type receiver out there? - well if not.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 03:54 PM

Hope he enjoyed that -->>>> - <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 04:07 PM
I don't see no MagicChief showing up saying anything - this shit is true now!

ILChief
01-17-2015, 04:09 PM

<table title="Passing Stats" class="passing-stats"><tbody><tr class=" loop-first loop-odd loop-last "><td class="stat-cpat">17/34</td> <td class="stat-yrds">179</td> <td class="stat-td">2</td> <td class="stat-int">TD
</td></tr></tbody></table>

dannybcaitlyn
01-17-2015, 04:18 PM
A 25% Manning is STILL better then a 100% A. SMITH. Even if Manning couldn't throw over 20 yards, I am 100% sure he could out dink and dunk Alex. Manning is plan and simple the smarter QB!

kcxiv
01-17-2015, 04:24 PM

we have lost 12 of the last 16 games to Denver.

kcxiv
01-17-2015, 04:25 PM
A 25% Manning is STILL better then a 100% A. SMITH. Even if Manning couldn't throw over 20 yards, I am 100% sure he could out dink and dunk Alex. Manning is plan and simple the smarter QB!
and he's accurate. He can throw passes alex will not ever attempt to throw. HEll Chase did that in the last game of the year. I was like. Alex would never throw that pass! lol

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 04:37 PM
this will all change next season - Please give him a chance w/ proper crew at receiving corps

threebag
01-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Reading through some of the you tube comments.

Pumped about the A. Smith love.

FUCK YEAH ALEX YOU BAD MOTHERFUCKER TAKE US FUCKING HOME.

Show these A. Smith bashers that their crow is going to taste like cock.

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Reading through some of the you tube comments.

Pumped about the A. Smith love.

**** YEAH ALEX YOU BAD MOTHER****ER TAKE US ****ING HOME.

Show these A. Smith bashers that their crow is going to taste like cock.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ming the Merciless
01-17-2015, 04:45 PM
my penis is now better than this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uJFj9tDzo3w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Iconic
01-17-2015, 04:46 PM
This thread is not nice.

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 04:46 PM
my penis is now better than this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uJFj9tDzo3w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You seem nice, good luck brother - take it to her! or him - depending on your religion.

keg in kc
01-17-2015, 04:47 PM
LMAO

That vid made this whole thread worthwhile.

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 04:48 PM
This thread is not nice.

I've always been okay to disagree with the masses - this man can get us there with a stout d and the correct receivers - we really are not that far - Alex is good enough - hell Trent Dilfer was, I don't see the issue....

Sandy Vagina
01-17-2015, 04:56 PM
I've always been okay to disagree with the masses - this man can get us there with a stout d and the correct receivers - we really are not that far - Alex is good enough - hell Trent Dilfer was, I don't see the issue....

OL... must have OL that no iz in bottom 5 of league.

MagicHef
01-17-2015, 04:57 PM
I don't see no MagicChief showing up saying anything - this shit is true now!

Sorry, I'm not trying to ignore you. I just don't post very much on weekends. I'll be sure to get to this on Monday.

See you then!

Baby Lee
01-17-2015, 05:10 PM
LMAO

That vid made this whole thread worthwhile.

Drug raid at Pwnblower's apartment

http://t.fod4.com/t/c0da76a551/c640x360_23.jpg

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Sorry, I'm not trying to ignore you. I just don't post very much on weekends. I'll be sure to get to this on Monday.

See you then!

:LOL:

splatbass
01-17-2015, 05:23 PM
and he's accurate. He can throw passes alex will not ever attempt to throw.

I guess you didn't see the playoff game. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He was YARDS off on some passes.

OnTheWarpath15
01-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Peyton Manning died?

Damn.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-17-2015, 07:34 PM

You can say that until you're blue in the face. What you don't know because you haven't been here, is that this is the same argument Chiefs fans have made for their QB's since Trent Green. Wanna guess how those teams have done? You've been around long enough to know there ain't no playoff wins. How have the Chiefs done with these retreads since Green was here?

I know, I know. I've heard it all before. It'll be different this time!

Coochie liquor
01-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Peyton Manning died?

Damn.

They could probably suit up his corpse, and he'd still beat us. He owns us, we are his bitch! Good riddance when he finally retires.

Discuss Thrower
01-17-2015, 07:45 PM
You can say that until you're blue in the face. What you don't know because you haven't been here, is that this is the same argument Chiefs fans have made for their QB's since Trent Green. Wanna guess how those teams have done? You've been around long enough to know there ain't no playoff wins. How have the Chiefs done with these retreads since Green was here?

Cassel just needs more weapons.

Baby Lee
01-17-2015, 08:16 PM

Fucking revisionist history, I for one didn't say shit positive about the QB since Trent had his brain scrambled, until Alex started clicking the 2nd half of 2013.

Just because I didn't whine like the bitches around here nowadays doesn't mean I liked any of the prospects. I might have grown to like Croyle if he could spend more than 30 seconds on the field in a game without getting something else ripped off his scrawny frame and thrown into the crowd, but that was as close as I got.

Simply Red
01-17-2015, 09:01 PM
Alex is better than Peyton now OTWP58 - it just happened in week 16ish

jd1020
01-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Nuthooks.

splatbass
01-17-2015, 10:05 PM

If you have been here that long you would know that Trent (AKA TrINT) was as hated as Alex Smith his first two seasons. Then he led the #1 offense in the NFL and the same fans that hated him love him now.

We didn't lose in the playoffs because of "retread" Trent Green. We lost because we had the worst D in the NFL.

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 06:33 AM
Nuthooks.

You're not authorized to deal 'nuthooks' to anybody on here, n00b.

Where was the OP inaccurate? - you think this broke dick is still better than a much younger, brighter Alex Smith?

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 06:34 AM
Sorry our season looks brighter than Denvers upcoming/next season.

As it stands right now, I'm glad I'm not a Denver fan.

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 06:46 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/taDd19Bf2fM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

threebag
01-18-2015, 07:10 AM
Vernon Davis is a fucking freak

BigCatDaddy
01-18-2015, 07:12 AM
Did this occur once Alex started doing the SR Training System of 400 daily pullups?

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 07:14 AM
Did this occur once Alex started doing the SR Training System of 400 daily pullups?

HA HA - no. In fact I'm being obnoxious 'the other way' - I just am asking people to wait until we get some talented receivers and better blocking O line.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-18-2015, 08:07 AM
If you have been here that long you would know that Trent (AKA TrINT) was as hated as Alex Smith his first two seasons. Then he led the #1 offense in the NFL and the same fans that hated him love him now.

We didn't lose in the playoffs because of "retread" Trent Green. We lost because we had the worst D in the NFL.

I was pretty specific about since Trent Green. Otherwise I'd have gone back to before my birth. Or Gannon at best.

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 08:54 AM
This guy is good enough - just get him receivers and a few O line members.

I love Alex Smith. Great person!

BigCatDaddy
01-18-2015, 09:01 AM
This guy is good enough - just get him receivers and a few O line members.

I love Alex Smith. Great person!

I know I've pointed this out a few times, but when you pay a QB so much money that can be a difficult task also given the amount on money that a few of the stud defensive guys will be getting. Then if you are talking about the draft you might be looking at 2-3 years down the road before a 2015 draft pick reaches his potential assuming he reaches his potential at all.

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 09:06 AM
I know I've pointed this out a few times, but when you pay a QB so much money that can be a difficult task also given the amount on money that a few of the stud defensive guys will be getting. Then if you are talking about the draft you might be looking at 2-3 years down the road before a 2015 draft pick reaches his potential assuming he reaches his potential at all.

Well I hope he does well next season BCD - I think at times he looks like he could lead. I don't get the strong dislike for him. Well I sorta get it - but I just don't think it's a fair grading - let's get him some big targets.

I'll never forget that wheel route w/ Avery the end of 2013 season - That pass was beautiful - I WANT TO BELIEVE - no matter how 'true fan' that sounds.

I say let's see next season - I have a good feeling about this upcoming season - seriously - I think we very well may take our division (at a minimum) -- we just need good route runners - I think Wilson could be special too - love that kid - and then there's Kelce of course. I like our future - seriously - it's brighter than Denvers I think.

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 09:14 AM
also - Laz says earlier that I'm attn whoring - well I'm not. Nor is this an attempt at humor.

I feel passionately about giving this man one more season - and THEN see how it goes - that's all - I think a lot of people who don't care for Smith will be somewhat won over next season. I could see it happening.

I'm not trolling - not trying to disagree with my friends - because most of my friends on here do NOT care for Smith. I just feel the need to remind you all that 'let's see this guy once he has the Crabtree type on the field with him' -- I don't know - maybe that's the very definition of a true fan - but if it is - then fine, I'm okay with that.

BigCatDaddy
01-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Well I hope he does well next season BCD - I think at times he looks like he could lead. I don't get the strong dislike for him. Well I sorta get it - but I just don't think it's a fair grading - let's get him some big targets.

I'll never forget that wheel route w/ Avery the end of 2013 season - That pass was beautiful - I WANT TO BELIEVE - no matter how 'true fan' that sounds.

I say let's see next season - I have a good feeling about this upcoming season - seriously - I think we very well may take our division (at a minimum) -- we just need good route runners - I think Wilson could be special too - love that kid - and then there's Kelce of course. I like our future - seriously - it's brighter than Denvers I think.

My opinion is that we need to scrap the dream of Alex throwing for 300 yards winging it all over the field. Just build the best running game and d/st possible and tell Alex to be Alex and just not **** it up and occasionally make a play with his feet. We essentially need to be the Niners of 3 years ago. We saw with Crabtree what happens when you go out and spend a 1 on a WR for Alex. They are considered bust until the next QB comes along.

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 09:20 AM
& do I truly think AS is bttr than PM? Probably not - but he will be very very soon. I think we will see more & more meltdowns next season. I fully expect a split at a minimum, provided PM returns.

Also - I think Luck is the hottest hand in the league right now - they beat the Pats - they'll take the bowl.

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 09:23 AM
My opinion is that we need to scrap the dream of Alex throwing for 300 yards winging it all over the field. Just build the best running game and d/st possible and tell Alex to be Alex and just not **** it up and occasionally make a play with his feet. We essentially need to be the Niners of 3 years ago. We saw with Crabtree what happens when you go out and spend a 1 on a WR for Alex. They are considered bust until the next QB comes along.

ha ha - yeah I remember I had Crabtree as a FFB WR - and then like two seasons AFTER i had him on Victorious Secret - he blossomed - go figure. :doh!:

King_Chief_Fan
01-18-2015, 09:34 AM
also - Laz says earlier that I'm attn whoring - well I'm not. Nor is this an attempt at humor.

I feel passionately about giving this man one more season - and THEN see how it goes - that's all - I think a lot of people who don't care for Smith will be somewhat won over next season. I could see it happening.

I'm not trolling - not trying to disagree with my friends - because most of my friends on here do NOT care for Smith. I just feel the need to remind you all that 'let's see this guy once he has the Crabtree type on the field with him' -- I don't know - maybe that's the very definition of a true fan - but if it is - then fine, I'm okay with that.

not putting you in the attention whore category...yet. That would put you in the same category as Clay...whatever his handle is now.

But, you have to admit, we haven't seen that Alex in the film you attached in the earlier post. We are still waiting. Maybe a new WR, we shall see.

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 09:43 AM
not putting you in the attention whore category...yet. That would put you in the same category as Clay...whatever his handle is now.

but, you have to admit, we haven't seen that Alex in the film you attached in the earlier post. We are still waiting. Maybe a new WR, we shall see.

See I think that'll help - I think u naturally still concern yourself with no WR TD's thingy - but he DID find Kelce fairly regularly - and catch-n-sit Bowe, so...

I think the WR Corps should take a lot of that blame - & remember Alex doesn't turn the ball over much - so I think we need to credit him in that department - I jokingly always mention he is the best sliding QB in the league - well there is a serious side to looking at that, as well. He's pretty cognizant as to HOW to slide safely and achieve the most yds possible.

So yeah he really IS a good sliding QB, I think that matters some. Look at RG3 getting lit up constantly.

We need to get him a few more options who know how to get open and be where they're supposed to be - when they're supposed to be there.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-18-2015, 10:02 AM
I do admit that Alex is the best chance we've had of it being different this time. I haven't given up all hope like I had with Cassel before he ever played a down.

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 10:09 AM
I do admit that Alex is the best chance we've had of it being different this time. I haven't given up all hope like I had with Cassel before he ever played a down.

http://i.imgur.com/l3SMBAS.gif

Mr. Flopnuts
01-18-2015, 11:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/l3SMBAS.gif

:) YSN!

Simply Red
01-18-2015, 11:09 AM
:) YSN!

I love that girl - but she only has about three gifs out there. For some reason I think she looks hilarious w/ her hair pulled back and her animation - all of that is funny w/ her. I'd bang the cakey makeup off of her, too.

splatbass
01-18-2015, 03:04 PM
I was pretty specific about since Trent Green.

Well, considering I've been following the Chiefs since 1970 Trent Green doesn't seem that long ago.

Simply Red
01-21-2015, 12:04 PM
& I quote Clutch Gene:

Published on Dec 15, 2013

" Many people believe in the myth of Alex Smith being unable to throw the deep ball. They say he can't throw the ball more than 20 yards down the field. In today's day and age where people have become obsessed with high powered offenses, big plays, and fantasy football statistics, quarterbacks like Alex Smith are overlooked. When you have a good running game and a solid defense (aka TEAM football), throwing the ball down field all game isn't necessary. Joe Montana wasn't a big time deep ball thrower yet some consider him to be the greatest QB of all time. Why? Because fantasy football wasn't around in the 1980's. Alex Smith knows how to not lose football games by making the correct reads, getting his playmakers the ball, and controlling the game... but if his team needs him to start slinging the ball late in the 4th quarter, he is more than capable of doing that. Chiefs fans have learned what Smith can do when he's forced to throw down field after their defense got shredded by Peyton Manning and Phillip Rivers.

Alex Smith can throw deep when he has to, or when he chooses. This video proves it. His former offensive coordinator Norv Turner once said "Alex Smith throws the best deep ball I have ever coached." Critics, doubters, and even 49ers fans and Chiefs fans who doubt Smith's ability to throw down field need to realize that Smith plays a style of quarterbacking that won Montana 4 super bowls in the 1980's before fantasy football and Madden video games were invented.... and THAT style wins games.

Don't be worried, Chiefs fans. When the playoffs come, you have a QB who can take shots down field if you're trailing in the second half. Just play some defense and Smith will win you games. "

Simply Red
01-21-2015, 12:05 PM
That's like saying your 3 legged cat runs better than the cat buried out in the back yard in a shoe box.

Discuss Thrower
01-21-2015, 12:08 PM

In a tie for 146th in league history with a 6.6 yards/attempt with the likes of Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown and Matt Cassel.

Simply Red
01-21-2015, 12:09 PM
In a tie for 146th in league history with a 6.6 yards/attempt with the likes of Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown and Matt Cassel.[/QUOTE]

His former offensive coordinator Norv Turner once said "Alex Smith throws the best deep ball I have ever coached." Critics, doubters, and even 49ers fans and Chiefs fans who doubt Smith's ability to throw down field need to realize that Smith plays a style of quarterbacking that won Montana 4 super bowls in the 1980's before fantasy football and Madden video games were invented.... and THAT style wins games.

dls6501
01-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Simply Red......

Can you please stop plastering that video all over this site? It is nonsense.

Does the video show Alex throwing some nice deep balls? Absolutely. But that was mostly videos from early in his career when he was a 49er (as evident by the old uniforms). In that point in Alex's career, he was a terrible quarterback who made a ton of mistakes. So sure, he threw the ball deep and made some nice plays. But the video leaves out all the mistakes he made. Alex simply does not play like that anymore. While you are holding onto the idea that he at one point threw deep, he absolutely does not do that anymore. Why? Because that style of his play resulted in a ton of backbreaking mistakes and interceptions.

Do you want him to start bombing balls downfield with no cares about the consequences? There is zero evidence in Alex's professional career that he can take care of the ball AND attack downfield at the same time. None. Zilch. It is one or the other with him, which is why I dont like him as a quarterback.

He is either an attacking QB who makes a ton of mistakes that has his fanbase cheering for a bust to replace him, or an overly cautious QB that doesnt turn the ball over a lot, but misses game changing plays constantly.

Discuss Thrower
01-21-2015, 12:14 PM
His former offensive coordinator Norv Turner once said "Alex Smith throws the best deep ball I have ever coached." Critics, doubters, and even 49ers fans and Chiefs fans who doubt Smith's ability to throw down field need to realize that Smith plays a style of quarterbacking that won Montana 4 super bowls in the 1980's before fantasy football and Madden video games were invented.... and THAT style wins games.

Wins games... Except when it doesn't.
2014: Tennessee, at Denver, at San Francisco, vs Denver, at Oakland, at Arizona, at Pittsburgh
2013: at Denver, vs San Diego, vs Denver, vs Indianapolis, at Indianapolis...

Simply Red
01-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Simply Red......

Can you please stop plastering that video all over this site? It is nonsense.

Does the video show Alex throwing some nice deep balls? Absolutely. But that was mostly videos from early in his career when he was a 49er (as evident by the old uniforms). In that point in Alex's career, he was a terrible quarterback who made a ton of mistakes. So sure, he threw the ball deep and made some nice plays. But the video leaves out all the mistakes he made.

Alex simply does not play like that anymore. While you are holding onto the idea that he at one point threw deep, he absolutely does not do that anymore. Why? Because that style of his play resulted in a ton of backbreaking mistakes and interceptions.

Do you want him to start bombing balls downfield with no cares about the consequences? There is zero evidence in Alex's professional career that he can take care of the ball AND attack downfield at the same time. None. Zilch. It is one or the other with him, which is why I dont like him as a quarterback.

He is either an attacking QB who makes a ton of mistakes that has his fanbase cheering for a bust to replace him, or an overly cautious QB that doesnt turn the ball over a lot, but misses game changing plays constantly.

http://i.imgur.com/Suo4K17.jpg

dls6501
01-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Instead of being a smartass and posting a silly pic, how about addressing my comment?

Simply Red
01-21-2015, 12:23 PM
Instead of being a smartass and posting a silly pic, how about addressing my comment?

Well it depends. I think if we get a dog on the receiving end then he can be that man. He's scholastically the smartest in the league - check the facts. He golfs a 75 and bowls a 250 - I'm not sure how talented one must be. But protect him and get him some dogs at WR - then I absolutely DO think he can do it successfully.

so there! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atL5uZMn3GQ)

Sorter
01-21-2015, 12:26 PM
SR, I think it's beautiful video.

Simply Red
01-21-2015, 12:29 PM
SR, I think it's beautiful video.

http://i.imgur.com/wVYvpCt.png

dls6501
01-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Well it depends. I think if we get a dog on the receiving end then he can be that man.

Well if that's what you believe, fine. There is no evidence in his whole career that supports your opinion, but who am I to tell you what to believe in your heart?

Go Chiefs.

Simply Red
01-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Well if that's what you believe, fine. There is no evidence in his whole career that supports your opinion, but who am I to tell you what to believe in your heart?

Go Chiefs.

I am hopeful, the way he gets abused around here - you'd think he was Tyler Palko or someone.

I like Alex a lot - I know most of my friends don't but I don't care.

temper11
01-21-2015, 12:41 PM

Crabtree was not a bust because of Smith. Crabtree was a bust because of Crabtree. He came into the league mad that he was drafted to the niners. Held out of camp and basically just phoned it in when he finally did show up. It wasn't until Randy Moss came to the niners and physically pulled crabtree's head out of his ass that he finally started to put effort in on the field. His numbers were up and trending higher even when Smith was on the field, and that would have continued had Smith not suffered the injury. People often credit Kap with Crabtree's turn, but if you look at the numbers the trend started before Kap. The credit really belongs with Moss.

Eleazar
01-21-2015, 12:44 PM
If we consider Alex's performance in the postseason as a Chief,

30/46 65.2% 378yd 4 TD 0 INT

You'd have to go all the way back to the 2009 season to find a performance in the postseason by Peyton Manning that is anything comparable. On that day, Manning was:

26/39 66.7% 377yd 3 TD 0 INT

In other words, you have to go back 7 postseason starts to find a performance by Peyton Manning in a playoff game that was as good as Alex Smith's last one.

To find Manning's next comparable playoff performance you have to turn the clock back to 2004. :eek:

ThaVirus
01-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Sounds like the Bowe criticism here.

You guys don't know shit.

dls6501
01-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Crabtree was not a bust because of Smith. Crabtree was a bust because of Crabtree. He came into the league mad that he was drafted to the niners. Held out of camp and basically just phoned it in when he finally did show up. It wasn't until Randy Moss came to the niners and physically pulled crabtree's head out of his ass that he finally started to put effort in on the field. His numbers were up and trending higher even when Smith was on the field, and that would have continued had Smith not suffered the injury. People often credit Kap with Crabtree's turn, but if you look at the numbers the trend started before Kap. The credit really belongs with Moss.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Crabtree-numbers-smith-kaepernick.jpg

Pablo
01-21-2015, 12:56 PM
If we consider Alex's performance in the postseason as a Chief,

30/46 65.2% 378yd 4 TD 0 INT

You'd have to go all the way back to the 2009 season to find a performance in the postseason by Peyton Manning that is anything comparable. On that day, Manning was:

26/39 66.7% 377yd 3 TD 0 INT

In other words, you have to go back 7 postseason starts to find a performance by Peyton Manning in a playoff game that was as good as Alex Smith's last one.

To find Manning's next comparable playoff performance you have to turn the clock back to 2004. :eek:We're all aware that Alex's game against the Colts was a complete anomaly; and that we should never expect a showing that good out of him again.

And that it still wasn't enough to win the game. Manning is a post season choke artist. This much is true also. His teams get to the post-season a hell of a lot more than Smith led teams though.

temper11
01-21-2015, 12:57 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2283796/QB-matters-most_-with-or-without-Michael-Crabtree---ESPN.png

You missed the point. Crabtree's numbers were up in the first half of 2012 (with Smith) from his previous years as a niner. They were up because there was a visible change in his effort on the field. That effort was put in because Moss straightened him the fuck out. So he was not labeled a bust becuase Smith was his QB, he was labeled a bust because he was a pouty ass bitch when he came into the league, pissed that he'd been traded to a train wreck of a football team.

I do not argue that Crabree's numbers went up even higher when Kap took over. Davis's numbers in direct proportion went way down. Wash.

Smith was not Crabtree's problem early in his career. Crabtree was Crabtree's problem.

temper11
01-21-2015, 01:00 PM
We're all aware that Alex's game against the Colts was a complete anomaly; and that we should never expect a showing that good out of him again.

And that it still wasn't enough to win the game.

Just as the Saints playoff game was an anomaly that would never happen again. So 2 out of 3 playoff games were anomaly's.

dls6501
01-21-2015, 01:04 PM
You missed the point. Crabtree's numbers were up in the first half of 2012 (with Smith) from his previous years as a niner. They were up because there was a visible change in his effort on the field. That effort was put in because Moss straightened him the **** out. So he was not labeled a bust becuase Smith was his QB, he was labeled a bust because he was a pouty ass bitch when he came into the league, pissed that he'd been traded to a train wreck of a football team.

I do not argue that Crabree's numbers went up even higher when Kap took over. Davis's numbers in direct proportion went way down. Wash.

Smith was not Crabtree's problem early in his career. Crabtree was Crabtree's problem.

Did not miss any point at all. Crabtree played in 2 full seasons prior to this "breakout year with Alex" that you speak of. In the previous 2 seasons, Crabtree averaged 807 yards and 5 TDs. In this "2012 season where his numbers were up" he was on pace to have a 875 yard season with 7 TDs. So basically, your whole idea of him trending up with Smith is incredibly overstated. 2 more TDs and less than 70 more yards hardly constitutes a player "trending up." In fact, its laughable.

Eleazar
01-21-2015, 01:38 PM
We're all aware that Alex's game against the Colts was a complete anomaly; and that we should never expect a showing that good out of him again.

And that it still wasn't enough to win the game. Manning is a post season choke artist. This much is true also. His teams get to the post-season a hell of a lot more than Smith led teams though.

I'm stirring the pot here, do you mind? :Poke:

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2015, 01:47 PM
You are right in this good sir. Lil Chiefy shall awake with the strongest morning wood in history.

ViperVisor
01-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Crabtree had 195 passes make it to him on target 2009-2011.

He dropped 22 of those.

He is a dummy who was on the sidelines because he was hurt too much for practice. He was forced into the #1 WR outside role because that's what the investment in him warranted.

Didn't work very well.

He was moved to the slot more in 2012 and thrived. Was a efficient option for Smith and then Kapernick locked on to him and gave him a lot of targets.

Eleazar
01-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Crabtree had 195 passes make it to him on target 2009-2011.

He dropped 22 of those.

He is a dummy who was on the sidelines because he was hurt too much for practice. He was forced into the #1 WR outside role because that's what the investment in him warranted.

Didn't work very well.

He was moved to the slot more in 2012 and thrived. Was a efficient option for Smith and then Kapernick locked on to him and gave him a lot of targets.

His skillset is ideal for a QB with accuracy problems so it's no wonder Krapernick locked onto him.

ViperVisor
01-21-2015, 03:52 PM
His skillset is ideal for a QB with accuracy problems so it's no wonder Krapernick locked onto him.

That is Anquan Boldin.

Crabtree, at least if he is back to health after the injury has good elusive moves so if he can get an accurate pass in stride he will get some YAC.

temper11
01-21-2015, 04:59 PM
Did not miss any point at all. Crabtree played in 2 full seasons prior to this "breakout year with Alex" that you speak of. In the previous 2 seasons, Crabtree averaged 807 yards and 5 TDs. In this "2012 season where his numbers were up" he was on pace to have a 875 yard season with 7 TDs. So basically, your whole idea of him trending up with Smith is incredibly overstated. 2 more TDs and less than 70 more yards hardly constitutes a player "trending up." In fact, its laughable.

You did miss the point. Entirely. Twice now.

The definition of "Trending up" is when "the subject referred to is increasing in popularity and internet searches."

"Bust" was term often used often for both Smith and Crabtree. But where the two separated was that Smith was putting in the work and taking the lumps but giving 110% effort. Not the case for Crab. As I stated previously, he was a camp holdout. He had a piss poor attitude because he didn't want to be on the train wreck that was the niners when he was drafted. He jogged routes, he had alligator arms, didn't fight for anything, etc.

2010 - 101 / 55 / 741 (attempts / completions / yards)

In 2011 when the niners started winning and winning and winning, Crab slowly started to get over his piss fit...

2011 - 115 / 72 / 874

Then Harbaugh went out and picked up Manningham and Moss in the off season...

Smith was injured early in the second quarter of his ninth game in 2012, having attempted and completed only 1 pass to Crabtree for 14 yards and a touchdown in only 2 or 3 possessions in that time.

So take that one reception and yards away from the totals to Crabtree from Smith and you can project out the would-be totals as:

*2012 - 114 / 84 / 956 (projected through 16 games with Smith)

..and Crabtree was a completely different receiver all together.

Looking at the projected numbers from Smith in 2012, Crabtree would have more receptions and more yards on fewer attempts than 2011. His routes were better, he was more focused, he fought for footballs, etc. etc. etc.

People fell in love with him then. He was "Trending Up".

Most look at the 2012 numbers, as you did and say "see, Crab came alive when Kap took over", but that wasn't the case. Crab woke up when the niners went out and signed Randy Moss and Mario Manningham to come in and compete for his job. Most anyone looking deeper than the stat sheet would tell you the same.

ViperVisor
01-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Another factor.

WRs tend to trend up in production 24yo 25yo 26yo

When you took a peek below the surface of the '1500 yard #1 WR HELD BACK BY SMITH!' claim you saw the truth.

Great WRs jump off the screen when watching. They are out in space vs 1 guy.

Crabtree never in years wowed with highlight plays. Dez Bryant in 1 year had more outstanding plays than Crabs career.
His non catch is a good as any grab Crabtree ever had.

BigCatDaddy
01-21-2015, 05:59 PM
LMAO Wow, guys could excuse away Alex taking a fat shit in your mouths.

temper11
01-21-2015, 06:21 PM
LMAO Wow, guys could excuse away Alex taking a fat shit in your mouths.

What are we excusing?

BigCatDaddy
01-21-2015, 08:03 PM
What are we excusing?

His ability to make good WRs look like shit.

I want you guys to go spend some time in the DC forum here. Those guys will defend their party to death no matter how much they may **** up and its always the other partys fault when anything negative happens.You guys are the Alex Smith party of the football lounge.

Iconic
01-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Smith > Brady
**** cheaters.

ViperVisor
01-21-2015, 08:28 PM
His ability to make good WRs look like shit.

Evidence to counter what has been posted here and before 100 times?

Or are you gonna go with more insults ?

BigCatDaddy
01-21-2015, 08:43 PM
Evidence to counter what has been posted here and before 100 times?

Or are you gonna go with more insults ?

The facts were posted and some nimrod talks about Randy Moss being the reason Crabtree started to excel not the QB change LMAO

Hers are the facts. Crabtrees numbers increase greatly once Alex gets the boot. Bowes numbers decline greatly one Alex comes on board. You have to either be retarded or an Alex ass licker to believe its just a coincidence.

Simply Red
01-21-2015, 08:45 PM

BigCatDaddy
01-21-2015, 08:50 PM

Peyton Manning

ViperVisor
01-21-2015, 08:56 PM
The facts were posted and some nimrod talks about Randy Moss being the reason Crabtree started to excel not the QB change LMAO

Hers are the facts. Crabtrees numbers increase greatly once Alex gets the boot. Bowes numbers decline greatly one Alex comes on board. You have to either be retarded or an Alex ass licker to believe its just a coincidence.

Crabtree season context and sample size are a good explanation of that. How great was that 10 yards per catch season this year?

FACTS?
Here are some more facts. Should I speak in slurs and stupidity which is your language?
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/18/the-complete-michael-crabtree/
Slot Machine
Crabtree’s catch against Burnett was the only target he received as a slot receiver against the Packers, an outlier in a season where he’s been one of the best at that position. Crabtree ran 34.2% of his routes from the slot this season, while collecting 25 of his 63 first-down conversions from that position. Among wideouts who took 25% of their team’s slot snaps, Crabtree was targeted on a league-high 33.6% when he lined up inside. His 542 yards from the slot was 10th-most in the league, but most impressive was his 3.71 Yards Per Route Run as a slot receiver. That was the best mark in the NFL, and Calvin Johnson (3.15) was the only other wideout with a YPRR better than 3.00.

Now that Boldin is eating his lunch as the inside WR in SF he is without a good fit and is back to being exposed along with Kaepernick who tendency to force to his first option has been exposed since he started his career doing it to Crabtree.

temper11
01-22-2015, 12:07 AM

Yes because the only thing that can impact any aspect of anything related to the game of football is the QB position. Impressive football insight.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-22-2015, 12:13 AM
,Simply may your breakers be clean and your morning wood be strong. You are doing the Lord's work. Chris616 would be proud.

Simply Red
01-22-2015, 12:21 AM
,Simply may your breakers be clean and your morning wood be strong. You are doing the Lord's work. Chris616 would be proud.

that's very special to me, thank you.

Simply Red
01-22-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure you credit Kap entirely for Crabtree growing as a player/receiver.

01-22-2015, 02:55 AM

You know, I am getting really sick of this video popping up.

Simply Red
01-22-2015, 10:25 AM
You know, I am getting really sick of this video popping up.[/QUOTE]

It's because Cluth Gene owns CP Fool's souls.

dls6501
01-22-2015, 10:42 AM
You know, I am getting really sick of this video popping up.

Because it's bullshit. I watched 2/3s of the video and there wasnt a single pass from the past few years. Alex threw a good deep pass when he was younger, but it was accompanied by a ton of mistakes and errant passes.

Now, since he has decided that ball security is the most important thing, he doesn't throw these passes anymore. So the only myth is that he still attempts these passes. He doesn't.

Rausch
01-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Because it's bullshit. I watched 2/3s of the video and there wasnt a single pass from the past few years. Alex threw a good deep pass when he was younger, but it was accompanied by a ton of mistakes and errant passes.

Now, since he has decided that ball security is the most important thing, he doesn't throw these passes anymore. So the only myth is that he still attempts these passes. He doesn't.

We created the perfect storm of suck with a tentative QB, a FUCKING DOG$3IT O line, and by far the most disgusting WR's in the league.

And we're all talking about how the game manager QB we signed isn't putting up respectable numbers...

Simply Red
01-22-2015, 11:14 AM
We created the perfect storm of suck with a tentative QB, a ****ING DOG$3IT O line, and by far the most disgusting WR's in the league.

And we're all talking about how the game manager QB we signed isn't putting up respectable numbers...

Party people
Yeah Tag Team music
In Full Effect
That's me DC the Brain Supreme
And my man Steve Roll'n
We're kicking the flow we're kickin' the flow
And it goes a little somethin' like this
Tag Team back again
Check its records let's begin
Party on party people let me hear some noise
DC's in the house jump jump rejoice
There's a party over here
A party over there
Wave your hands in the air
Shake your deriere
These three words when you're gettin' busy
Whoomp there it is
Hit me

Read more: Tag Team - Whoomp! (there It Is)

Simply Red
01-22-2015, 11:19 AM

You need to lighten up a bit - You're a sound poster w/ quality takes. Alex can do this w/ the right ingredients. It's okay - most of my friends are on your side. I'm just trying to spread some positivity around. Although I really do like Smith just fine. :shrug:

Anyhow keep posting - you're a pretty good one.

Rausch
01-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Party people
Yeah Tag Team music
In Full Effect
That's me DC the Brain Supreme
And my man Steve Roll'n
We're kicking the flow we're kickin' the flow
And it goes a little somethin' like this
Tag Team back again
Check its records let's begin
Party on party people let me hear some noise
DC's in the house jump jump rejoice
There's a party over here
A party over there
Wave your hands in the air
Shake your deriere
These three words when you're gettin' busy
Whoomp there it is
Hit me

Read more: Tag Team - Whoomp! (there It Is)

http://media0.giphy.com/media/12gdgqRk9cvWko/200.gif

ViperVisor
01-22-2015, 11:35 AM
2009-2013
http://regressing.deadspin.com/charts-who-are-the-best-deep-passers-in-the-nfl-1469917039

Those seasons I guess you would estimate at only Vernon Davis being a top 20 NFL deeper pass option. Of his regular starters on offense.

His accuracy rate on 20+ is just inside the top 10. You have to be accurate to hit Vernon Davis. He is a body catcher who jumps and turns his chest to secure a catch.

The 2014 season was an extreme outlier.
His track record is low but only 2 percentage points from the likes of Brees Brady Stafford Romo.

When KC has good 2nd level options and non crap pass protection...
AND THEN Smith is not at the NFL Avg of 12% the complaints should come pouring in.

Simply Red
01-22-2015, 11:38 AM
2009-2013
http://regressing.deadspin.com/charts-who-are-the-best-deep-passers-in-the-nfl-1469917039

Those seasons I guess you would estimate at only Vernon Davis being a top 20 NFL deeper pass option. Of his regular starters on offense.

His accuracy rate on 20+ is just inside the top 10. You have to be accurate to hit Vernon Davis. He is a body catcher who jumps and turns his chest to secure a catch.

The 2014 season was an extreme outlier.
His track record is low but only 2 percentage points from the likes of Brees Brady Stafford Romo.

AND THEN Smith is not at the NFL Avg of 12% the complaints should come pouring in.

http://i.imgur.com/SGxRgWY.gif

Sandy Vagina
01-22-2015, 11:51 AM
We created the perfect storm of suck with a tentative QB, a ****ING DOG$3IT O line, and by far the most disgusting WR's in the league.

haha, exactly! He will crawl back out of his shell when the offense around him becomes worthy.

Rausch
01-22-2015, 11:58 AM
haha, exactly! He will crawl back out of his shell when the offense around him becomes worthy.

He's not going to drag us down and he's not good enough to elevate anyone around him.

He is what he is.

Instead of supporting his strengths we magnified his weaknesses...

Sandy Vagina
01-22-2015, 12:00 PM
He's not going to drag us down and he's not good enough to elevate anyone around him.

He is what he is.

Not sure I ever really buy into the "elevate those around you" bit that gets thrown out often... but pretty well agree.

L.A. Chieffan
01-22-2015, 12:00 PM
I concur with this thread. Bravo

Rausch
01-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Not sure I ever really buy into the "elevate those around you" bit that gets thrown out often...

Montana in 93...

Sandy Vagina
01-22-2015, 12:15 PM
Montana in 93...

elaborate for a friend?

Rausch
01-22-2015, 12:22 PM
elaborate for a friend?

In 93 Montana had no real WR's, a solid line, Allen, and a strong D.

The first game of the year we murdered the hapless Bucs and then $2it got real.

Montana took some of the most mediocre WR's ever to the AFCC Game...

Sandy Vagina
01-22-2015, 12:28 PM
In 93 Montana had no real WR's, a solid line, Allen, and a strong D.

The first game of the year we murdered the hapless Bucs and then $2it got real.

Montana took some of the most mediocre WR's ever to the AFCC Game...

Ah... well first thought is... comparing THE greatest QB ever to.. Alex?

Second thought is.. Montana had lots of very good except for WR, yes?

So to fairly compare... Smith had lots of very good except for WR?

just losing you on your example... I get that Montana "elevated his mediocre WRs"... but he did so with a.. as you said.. solid OL and strong D.

Smith was clearly missing the solid OL... which is kind of important.

Sandy Vagina
01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
^ had to edit that.. might be more clear now.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Clutch Gene is proud

Rausch
01-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Ah... well first thought is... comparing THE greatest QB ever to.. Alex?

Second thought is.. Montana had lots of very good except for WR, yes?

So to fairly compare... Smith had lots of very good except for WR?

just losing you on your example... I get that Montana "elevated his mediocre WRs"... but he did so with a.. as you said.. solid OL and strong D.

Smith was clearly missing the solid OL... which is kind of important.

I never compared the 2.

I was asked to elaborate on the ability for a QB to "elevate the talent around them."

temper11
01-22-2015, 03:40 PM

This.

temper11
01-22-2015, 03:52 PM

The myth is that he CAN'T throw these passes, not that he won't. Clearly he can. He hasn't thrown many in the last two years. Some continue the argument that he has a noodle arm and CAN'T throw them. I tend to think it's a combination of playing conservative football with a strong Defense, combined with one of the leagues worst offensive lines, and one of the leagues worst receiving core's. Fix those two things and then see if Smith opens it up a little.

What we do know, is that when the defense started struggling in the later part of the 2013 season, and the offensive line improved - the offense opened up.

Then we went and completely dismantled that improving offensive line and made the most minor of adjustments to the receiving unit. Before the season, everyone was talking about what a miracle it will be if Smith just survives the season without injury. Then WR2 gets injured and misses most of the season and we are left with Bowe and Jenkins/Hammond/etc. And the only thing anyone can focus on is "What's wrong with the QB?" I don't get it.

Sandy Vagina
01-22-2015, 03:55 PM
I never compared the 2.

I was asked to elaborate on the ability for a QB to "elevate the talent around them."

Okay.. not looking to get you agitated. Just an add on type of question..

Could Smith have "elevated" his WRs had he been given a solid OL as Montana had?

temper11
01-22-2015, 04:01 PM
2009-2013

This.

temper11
01-22-2015, 04:32 PM

He is what he is.

I don't really understand the... he elevates everyone around him schtick. I do know that if he wasn't as mobile as he is, and if he doesn't throw the ball away as much as he does when the pocket completely collapses, the line would look a whole hell of alot worse than it already does. But we already know he's a pretty dang accurate passer - so the receiver either drops it or catches it. I don't know how he can affect that.

But I will agree that he is what he is. I don't think he's hall of fame talent or anything. I just think he's a smart, quality QB that doesn't throw his teammates under the bus, no matter how much they deserve it, and does his very best to win every snap.

I think the niners receiving core would be perfect for Smith. We don't need Calvin Johnson. We don't need a super speed guy that is going to run 9's all day. Boldin and Crabtree find zone's in the medium range, get a step of seperation and make the catches that should be caught. That's what Smith needs. We should try to mirror that core with similar guys. Kelce is fine, although needs to hold onto the ball... and I'd replace Fasano with McGrath if we could convince him to come out of retirement. DAT will continue to get more comfortable with the playbook. Charles goes without saying. That would be the ideal backfield for Smith IMO.