PDA

View Full Version : Life How Do You Admit You Were Wrong? Or Do you Ever?

rico
01-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Semi-recently, I wrote someone an apology pm on an alternative message board about something that I wrote 4 years ago, that I now feel bad about for I was wrong for 1.) the way I went about writing it in such abrasive fashion and 2.) the opinion I had in the matter...my judgment/opinion was wrong. I didn't think so until now, but after thinking about it I retrospect and after viewing the wrestling match I ranted about... I was 100% dead wrong about the way the match was called and especially the way I called the situation out (publicly, disrespectfully, in it's own thread).

This guy (fan of the opposing school) wrote back and initially acted like he was not going accept my apology, for he began his response by ranting about how ignorant I was for posting what I did...basically restating what I did in the apology letter. However, he concluded with something along the lines of, "I do appreciate that you are willing to be a man and own up to your lack of judgment in that situation."

It got me thinking about how good, bad, consistent, inconsistent, etc. I am at admitting I am wrong. It took me 4 years to not only admit I was wrong about this situation, but to realize it. I don't think it was due to not WANTING to admit I was wrong or due to the fact that I never really personally liked the poster I was interacting with, but it just took me that long to realize I was wrong.

It made me wonder if I would have realized I was wrong sooner if I had a better opinion of the person I interacted with in that situation. It made me question my biases in regards to admitting being wrong...and how often or how heavily they come in to play in realizing you were wrong.

I also wondered why, after 4 years I felt obliged to write this guy a pm, admitting my mistake and lack of judgment... I mean, 4 years had passed...I'm assuming plenty of people who read it probably forgot about it...yet, I still felt the urge to acknowledge, after all these years, randomly and out of nowhere, that I was a total jackass.

I don't know...I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around this and was wondering if any of you have had similar situations. Do you guys admit you are wrong? If so, is it tough for you to do? Do you ever think you are wrong to begin with? Is it easier for you to admit to someone you respect that you were wrong opposed to someone you don't get along with? Is it difficult for you to admit publicly that you were wrong about something? If so, what makes it difficult? Is it an ego thing? Would any of you have went out of your way to apologize about something you wrote/said that was wrong, 4 years later or would you have just let it go?

http://www.picgifs.com/sport-graphics/sport-graphics/discus-throwing/sport-graphics-discus-throwing-175985.gif

Discus.

TimBone
01-18-2015, 03:28 PM
I'll let you know when it happens.

SAUTO
01-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Tl/dr

Fairplay
01-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Too many questions

rico
01-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Tl/dr

Dudely, that is wrong. The way you treat me is sooooo wrong. :(

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1572309/head-shake-o.gif

rico
01-18-2015, 03:33 PM
I'll let you know when it happens.

I wish I had your problem, homeslice.

Katipan
I don't try to convince people that I'm perfect, so it's not hard to admit when I'm wrong.

Mr. Flopnuts
I do it all the time. Because I'm accountable. Most people talk about it. I be about it.

Sandy Vagina
Nothing wrong with admitting being wrong. I am always embarrassed for those that are unwilling to admit being wrong on a forum. The internet egos often exhibited are ridiculous and sad.

No one here likely gets paid to scout the draft... or evaluate game film.. or give their opinions on anything. So with that in mind, why really care about saying, "oops.. my bad" ?

rico
Too many questions

That's wrong, there are only like... 37 questions.

Now apologize to me and admit you were wrong for saying that.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Nothing wrong with admitting being wrong. I am always embarrassed for those that are unwilling to admit being wrong on a forum. The internet egos often exhibited are ridiculous and sad.

No one here likely gets paid to scout the draft... or evaluate game film.. or give their opinions on anything. So with that in mind, why really care about saying, "oops.. my bad" ?

Exactly!

Buehler445
01-18-2015, 03:36 PM
If I don't know, I usually keep my damn face shut. I usually am right if I'm spouting off about it. However, if I'm wrong I almost always admit it. I usually don't make a big deal about it, but it's important IMO.

rico
01-18-2015, 03:36 PM

Yeah, I can see that... Thanks for the input.

And please, let's not turn this into an Alex Smith, "you are wrong about him" finger-pointing contest, for that would be wrong of you to do.

Just kidding, it was wrong of me to initiate an Alex Smith jab at you without provocation. I am sorry about that. Was just a lame joke, home-diddly.

KCUnited
01-18-2015, 03:37 PM
I use my death metal voice.

Lonewolf Ed
01-18-2015, 03:37 PM
I usually do not have to admit when I am wrong since it is most often blatantly obvious that I was.

rico
01-18-2015, 03:39 PM
I don't try to convince people that I'm perfect, so it's not hard to admit when I'm wrong.

When I first read this, I read it wrong. I read it as, "I try to convince people that I'm perfect, so it's not hard to admit when I'm wrong." The opposite of what you wrote. I couldn't make sense of it. Makes me wonder how many times I've been wrong because I have read something incorrectly. Knowutimsayn?

rico
01-18-2015, 03:40 PM
I usually do not have to admit when I am wrong since it is most often blatantly obvious that I was.

What sorts of things have you been wrong about? You come off as... really nice and level-headed.

rico
01-18-2015, 03:40 PM
I use my death metal voice.

It must really anger you to admit that you were wrong. Whatever works, though.

Katipan
01-18-2015, 03:41 PM
When I first read this, I read it wrong. I read it as, "I try to convince people that I'm perfect, so it's not hard to admit when I'm wrong." The opposite of what you wrote. I couldn't make sense of it. Makes me wonder how many times I've been wrong because I have read something incorrectly. Knowutimsayn?

Since our first date, babe.

SAUTO
01-18-2015, 03:41 PM
Dudely, that is wrong. The way you treat me is sooooo wrong. :(

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1572309/head-shake-o.gif

To be fair I had just gotten through reading the million words you typed about a fucking dog.

BigMeatballDave
01-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Once, I thought I was wrong.

I was mistaken.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-18-2015, 03:43 PM
Something I've just never had to worry about.

What does it feel like to be wrong about something ?

rico
01-18-2015, 03:44 PM
To be fair I had just gotten through reading the million words you typed about a ****ing dog.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzb1zvv28E1qzp5buo1_400.jpg

"I understand."

rico
01-18-2015, 03:46 PM
Since our first date, babe.

Was there supposed to be a question mark at the end of that? Or am I wrong?

rico
01-18-2015, 03:48 PM
Something I've just never had to worry about.

What does it feel like to be wrong about something ?

It feels terrible. Very embarrassing. Sometimes guilt-provoking if you were disrespectful towards someone while being wrong.

Once, I thought I was wrong.

I was mistaken.

I get it, I think. You were wrong for once thinking you were wrong. :) That's pretty funny.

Katipan
01-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Was there supposed to be a question mark at the end of that? Or am I wrong?

No?

I was just answering your question.

Do you remember the first time you freaked out on me?

Because I called you an extrovert.

Serious stuff.

eDave
01-18-2015, 03:57 PM
I just admit it and move on.

cosmo20002
01-18-2015, 04:03 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CvdY3HfepOo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder
01-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Semi-recently, I wrote someone an apology pm on an alternative message board about something that I wrote 4 years ago, that I now feel bad about for I was wrong for 1.) the way I went about writing it in such abrasive fashion and 2.) the opinion I had in the matter...my judgment/opinion was wrong. I didn't think so until now, but after thinking about it I retrospect and after viewing the wrestling match I ranted about... I was 100% dead wrong about the way the match was called and especially the way I called the situation out (publicly, disrespectfully, in it's own thread).

This guy (fan of the opposing school) wrote back and initially acted like he was not going accept my apology, for he began his response by ranting about how ignorant I was for posting what I did...basically restating what I did in the apology letter. However, he concluded with something along the lines of, "I do appreciate that you are willing to be a man and own up to your lack of judgment in that situation."

It got me thinking about how good, bad, consistent, inconsistent, etc. I am at admitting I am wrong. It took me 4 years to not only admit I was wrong about this situation, but to realize it. I don't think it was due to not WANTING to admit I was wrong or due to the fact that I never really personally liked the poster I was interacting with, but it just took me that long to realize I was wrong.

It made me wonder if I would have realized I was wrong sooner if I had a better opinion of the person I interacted with in that situation. It made me question my biases in regards to admitting being wrong...and how often or how heavily they come in to play in realizing you were wrong.

I also wondered why, after 4 years I felt obliged to write this guy a pm, admitting my mistake and lack of judgment... I mean, 4 years had passed...I'm assuming plenty of people who read it probably forgot about it...yet, I still felt the urge to acknowledge, after all these years, randomly and out of nowhere, that I was a total jackass.

I don't know...I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around this and was wondering if any of you have had similar situations. Do you guys admit you are wrong? If so, is it tough for you to do? Do you ever think you are wrong to begin with? Is it easier for you to admit to someone you respect that you were wrong opposed to someone you don't get along with? Is it difficult for you to admit publicly that you were wrong about something? If so, what makes it difficult? Is it an ego thing? Would any of you have went out of your way to apologize about something you wrote/said that was wrong, 4 years later or would you have just let it go?

http://www.picgifs.com/sport-graphics/sport-graphics/discus-throwing/sport-graphics-discus-throwing-175985.gif

Discus.

I didn't read all that but if I'm wrong I usually say... I was wrong :shrug: and Yes, if I'm wrong I own it

rico
01-18-2015, 04:32 PM
I was a bit bully-ish to a couple people in high school. My targets were kind of weird ones, for they were dudes that didn't get made fun of much, but had pissed me off somehow by mouthing off or something. With a couple kids, I pushed it way too far. The guy who was JV behind me in wrestling my Senior year mouthed off to me in practice one time when he was dogging it and I told him to get his ass going, so we didn't have to run extra sprints. He simply told me to **** myself. I proceeded to make his life a living hell in practice and in study hall for the remainder of the year...teased the shit out of him in front of anyone. Or study hall teacher who had a reputation at our school for being a hard-ass, stickler prick even heard it... and let it go on, presumably because some of the shit I would come up with would make him visibly have a difficult time trying to keep himself from laughing...to the point where he'd find an excuse to leave the room.

Was just a total prick to these people. Pushed it wayyyy too far. It got to the point with the mouthy JV guy, where I created a freaking website that ranked and awarded the state of Iowa's wrestler with the best body voted by the cheerleaders...I made up a bunch of names and plugged him, our JV 152 pounder with horrible body acne as the winner. I wrote a blurb on there about how the winner (this guy) was to accept the award on TV at the state finals and would receive a Noxema photo shoot in Omaha, Nebraska. Then I showed him and congratulated him for it in study hall... This was 2001, so the thought that I actually knew how to create a website at that time probably didn't even cross his mind. This freaking guy took it seriously. So did his family. They made hotel reservations in Des Moines and everything. He was ecstatic about this "accomplishment." It wasn't until a couple days before state that his family caught on, via mentioning it to my head coach and my coach informing them that there was no such thing. So they cancelled everything.

All that shit was funny to me at the time...and kind of is when I don't think too deeply about it...however, a couple years after I graduated, I came to the conclusion that I was wrong and pushed things too far with him and I called him up out of the blue, Billy Madison style and apologized for being so mean in high school. I did this same thing with 1 other guy and my Spanish teacher...who I also teased the hell out of.

I remember getting my Spanish teacher suspended once because I let my friends tape signs that had offensive messages on them and in the middle of her lecture, I would get up to throw something away in the trash can near her desk. I did this like 15 times in one class period one day. Messages like, "my penis is infected with Herpes," "I masterbate 30 times a day," "Spanish class is like watching Spanish Fly-doused flies **** each other," "I have a throbbing, enlarged scrotum," etc. When she would notice these signs on my back, she would freak out and grab them off my back and throw them away, almost crying. The REAL shitty thing I did was when sent me to the principal's office. When I met with the principal guy to discuss the situation, I INSISTED that I had no idea that these guys were posting these signs on my back and that I was a victim of bullying (me, the captain of the wrestling team, the 3rd guy in school history to bench 200% of his weight...only 2nd guy that had all of his limbs to do that...being bullied...yeah right...this principal guy was either a gullible dumbass or didn't like my Spanish teacher). To seal the deal, I whipped up some fake crying and pleaded to him that I was so trauma-stricken by the daily bullying sessions I endured in her classroom that she allowed to take place, that I was contemplating dropping out of school. SHE got in trouble for it and was suspended for like 2 days. That's only one of many examples of the shenanigans I used to pull in Spanish class. Such...a....sarcastic.....clowned-out.....prick. And all because I didn't like a comment she made in front of the class about my 1st quarter Spanish project.

I apologized to her last year via Facebook message. These people accepted my Billy Madison-esque apologies, which makes me happy. I was wrong in how far I pushed shit with a couple of these people.

And I wasn't like this, big, buffoonish bully who went around picking at defenseless, nerdy, innocent targets at school...I was very nice to all of these people...people in genreral. Like I said, my targets were not the usual ones...just people that pissed me off somehow provoking me to lash at them....in which I continued to do so for wayyyy longer than necessary.

I was wrong in how I treated those people and feel bad about it to this day, so I guess the overall jokes are on me...?

Saccopoo
01-18-2015, 04:41 PM
This place needed a pure Rico thread.

Congrats man! You just forged a new path here on Chiefs Planet. I hope your trek is filled with wonder and joy and positive introspection.

May your thread never leave the front page!

MTG#10
01-18-2015, 04:42 PM
I was a bit bully-ish to a couple people in high school. My targets were kind of weird ones, for they were dudes that didn't get made fun of much, but had pissed me off somehow by mouthing off or something. With a couple kids, I pushed it way too far. The guy who was JV behind me in wrestling my Senior year mouthed off to me in practice one time when he was dogging it and I told him to get his ass going, so we didn't have to run extra sprints. He simply told me to **** myself. I proceeded to make his life a living hell in practice and in study hall for the remainder of the year...teased the shit out of him in front of anyone. Or study hall teacher who had a reputation at our school for being a hard-ass, stickler prick even heard it... and let it go on, presumably because some of the shit I would come up with would make him visibly have a difficult time trying to keep himself from laughing...to the point where he'd find an excuse to leave the room.

Was just a total prick to these people. Pushed it wayyyy too far. It got to the point with the mouthy JV guy, where I created a freaking website that ranked and awarded the state of Iowa's wrestler with the best body voted by the cheerleaders...I made up a bunch of names and plugged him, our JV 152 pounder with horrible body acne as the winner. I wrote a blurb on there about how the winner (this guy) was to accept the award on TV at the state finals and would receive a Noxema photo shoot in Omaha, Nebraska. Then I showed him and congratulated him for it in study hall... This was 2001, so the thought that I actually knew how to create a website at that time probably didn't even cross his mind. This freaking guy took it seriously. So did his family. They made hotel reservations in Des Moines and everything. He was ecstatic about this "accomplishment." It wasn't until a couple days before state that his family caught on, via mentioning it to my head coach and my coach informing them that there was no such thing. So they cancelled everything.

All that shit was funny to me at the time...and kind of is when I don't think too deeply about it...however, a couple years after I graduated, I came to the conclusion that I was wrong and pushed things too far with him and I called him up out of the blue, Billy Madison style and apologized for being so mean in high school. I did this same thing with 1 other guy and my Spanish teacher...who I also teased the hell out of.

I remember getting my Spanish teacher suspended once because I let my friends tape signs that had offensive messages on them and in the middle of her lecture, I would get up to throw something away in the trash can near her desk. I did this like 15 times in one class period one day. Messages like, "my penis is infected with Herpes," "I masterbate 30 times a day," "Spanish class is like watching Spanish Fly-doused flies **** each other," "I have a throbbing, enlarged scrotum," etc. When she would notice these signs on my back, she would freak out and grab them off my back and throw them away, almost crying. The REAL shitty thing I did was when sent me to the principal's office. When I met with the principal guy to discuss the situation, I INSISTED that I had no idea that these guys were posting these signs on my back and that I was a victim of bullying (me, the captain of the wrestling team, the 3rd guy in school history to bench 200% of his weight...only 2nd guy that had all of his limbs to do that...being bullied...yeah right...this principal guy was either a gullible dumbass or didn't like my Spanish teacher). To seal the deal, I whipped up some fake crying and pleaded to him that I was so trauma-stricken by the daily bullying sessions I endured in her classroom that she allowed to take place, that I was contemplating dropping out of school. SHE got in trouble for it and was suspended for like 2 days. That's only one of many examples of the shenanigans I used to pull in Spanish class. Such...a....sarcastic.....clowned-out.....prick. And all because I didn't like a comment she made in front of the class about my 1st quarter Spanish project.

I apologized to her last year via Facebook message. These people accepted my Billy Madison-esque apologies, which makes me happy. I was wrong in how far I pushed shit with a couple of these people.

And I wasn't like this, big, buffoonish bully who went around picking at defenseless, nerdy, innocent targets at school...I was very nice to all of these people...people in genreral. Like I said, my targets were not the usual ones...just people that pissed me off somehow provoking me to lash at them....in which I continued to do so for wayyyy longer than necessary.

I was wrong in how I treated those people and feel bad about it to this day, so I guess the overall jokes are on me...?

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Orangutan-Didnt-Read-It-Dance-In-The-Rainforest-From-a-Commercial.gif

rico
01-18-2015, 04:44 PM
No?

I was just answering your question.

Do you remember the first time you freaked out on me?

Because I called you an extrovert.

Serious stuff.

Naw, you are wrong, yo. I just kind of jabbed at you because you randomly mentioned somewhere that you didn't like me much...and when we worked things out, that's when you called me an extrovert, which I indicated that I understood that perception, but didn't feel like an extrovert, yet evidence of who/how I am would suggest otherwise (that I am an extrovert). I wouldn't consider it a "freak-out," just kind of a "hey!!! what was that all about?!" type of thing...I didn't lose sleep over it or really get to upset over our spat, honestly....I knew it'd probably pass...and I think it has???

There have only been a couple times where I have been genuinely butt-hurt about something on here...and it was mostly due to not liking the particular posters who jabbed at me...and you are not a poster I dislike. And no, I don't actually dislike Donger...so he's not one of them. That hasn't always been the case, though.

I got all pissed off at that h5n5 poster in the "Who Would Win in a Fight, Bruce Lee or Mike Tyson?" The guy wrote a list of 12 reasons why I suck ass. However, that's when I was very n00balicious and still trying to get the hang of the abrasive nature of this place. I responded with an angry, sarcastic, long-winded post...and I was actually angry when I wrote it...but now, if that shit were written to or about me, it would just bounce right off me. But I was butt-hurt in that exchange...and I don't actually dislike that poster anymore.

Tell you what, that poster, "Buddha" wrote some of the meanest shit about/to me one time...and it was in response to a post that was just freaking pointless. I could tell that he wrote it because he didn't like me...and the shit was mean. That kind of bothered me because it came out of nowhere and I really liked what little of that dude's posts that I had read prior to that...and still like his posts.

TimBone
01-18-2015, 04:47 PM

There's a Rico post. I'm proud of you, bud.

rico
01-18-2015, 04:49 PM
This place needed a pure Rico thread.

Congrats man! You just forged a new path here on Chiefs Planet. I hope your trek is filled with wonder and joy and positive introspection.

May your thread never leave the front page!

There just was one last week, el duderino. I think it was titled, "How Has CP Changed the Way You Post on Other Message Boards?"

As you've definitely noticed and I think, pointed out, I do tend to kind of just latch on to a couple of threads at a time and just kind of make them my temporary "home base." And definitely over-post in those. Haven't found one to do that with lately.

I'd talk more football if I were more confident in my football knowledge compared to you fellas...and hopefully I get to that point eventually. You guys are intimidating to me with your football talk. I'd be proven wrong all the time if I posted more about football.

Saccopoo
01-18-2015, 04:49 PM

Oops.

Sorry for the previous post.

You are truly a horrible person.

http://images.esellerpro.com/2697/I/121/01/SLA5L.jpg

rico
01-18-2015, 04:50 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Orangutan-Didnt-Read-It-Dance-In-The-Rainforest-From-a-Commercial.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cf/d7/36/cfd7364c59cd80278de6c49735681535.jpg

rico
01-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Oops.

Sorry for the previous post.

You are truly a horrible person.

http://images.esellerpro.com/2697/I/121/01/SLA5L.jpg

Hey, at least I had the audacity to admit how horrible I was. And thanks for that antifreeze...I could actually use one for my 97' Cadillac Deville D-Elegance, right now.

TimBone
01-18-2015, 04:51 PM
You probably got your named crossed off a couple of murder lists with those apologies, Rico. Definitely so with the JV wrestler. Congrats, bud.

TimBone
01-18-2015, 04:52 PM
There just was one last week, el duderino. I think it was titled, "How Has CP Changed the Way You Post on Other Message Boards?"

As you've definitely noticed and I think, pointed out, I do tend to kind of just latch on to a couple of threads at a time and just kind of make them my temporary "home base." And definitely over-post in those. Haven't found one to do that with lately.

I'd talk more football if I were more confident in my football knowledge compared to you fellas...and hopefully I get to that point eventually. You guys are intimidating to me with your football talk. I'd be proven wrong all the time if I posted more about football.

Being wrong about football doesn't stop half of these other fools.

rico
01-18-2015, 04:55 PM
You probably got your named crossed off a couple of murder lists with those apologies, Rico. Definitely so with the JV wrestler. Congrats, bud.

Yeah, all 3 of these people came off a very happy that I apologized to them...which made me happy. There was one of them who I could see having an internal "people to kill" list. Dude gives me the creeps.

Saccopoo
01-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Hey, at least I had the audacity to admit how horrible I was.

I don't think audacity is the word you are looking for.

And I'm not really sure you are going to find absolution here on Chiefs Planet.

But, you know, at least you are trying to make yourself feel better, right?

rico
01-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Being wrong about football doesn't stop half of these other fools.

True...but arguing my point constantly due to being wrong about so much shit all the time would be too time consuming. I'll just hold off til' I'm confident... I mean, you've seen first hand some of the people I have to talk football with in my area...you've seen my Facebook status game threads and have probably been ultra-offended by how stupid they are in regards to football. I mean, these people make me look like a football genius. Because of this, I felt like I knew my football shit until I created an account here...and yeah...I don't know jack-shit, but am collectively learning from you fellas.

Katipan
01-18-2015, 05:00 PM
True...but arguing my point constantly due to being wrong about so much shit all the time would be too time consuming. I'll just hold off til' I'm confident... I mean, you've seen first hand some of the people I have to talk football with in my area...you've seen my Facebook status game threads and have probably been ultra-offended by how stupid they are in regards to football. I mean, these people make me look like a football genius. Because of this, I felt like I knew my football shit until I created an account here...and yeah...I don't know jack-shit, but am collectively learning from you fellas.

I think you'll achieve a lot more happiness and bliss in life if you stop worrying what other people think. And you already seem pretty happy so just think how great that will be.

rico
01-18-2015, 05:01 PM
I don't think audacity is the word you are looking for.

And I'm not really sure you are going to find absolution here on Chiefs Planet.

But, you know, at least you are trying to make yourself feel better, right?

I just noticed that... I questioned it after I posted it and googled the definition and found: 1.) the willingness to take bold risks and 2.) rude or disrespectful behavior; impudence.

Maybe a bit consistent with #1, but #2 is not consistent at all with the word I was looking for. I think the word I was looking for was, "decency." I don't know...your vocabulary seems better than mine, enlighten me.

cosmo20002
01-18-2015, 05:03 PM

My goodness gracious that's a lot of words up there.

rico
01-18-2015, 05:04 PM
I think you'll achieve a lot more happiness and bliss in life if you stop worrying what other people think. And you already seem pretty happy so just think how great that will be.

That's pretty observant of you, for the closest people in my life always tell me that worrying about what others think of me is one of my biggest areas of improvement...I've always been told this. And I don't make things very easy on myself, for a lot of shit that I say and do is consistent with the behavior who doesn't give a fuck. Very conflicting shit.

rico
01-18-2015, 05:06 PM
My goodness gracious that's a lot of words up there.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9f/37/62/9f37628f2fc1c06f47431b8bec3d0ea4.jpg

"HAHA, so funny I forgot to laugh!"

Easy 6
01-18-2015, 05:08 PM
I have no problem admitting it, I'd rather do that than be the guy who doubles down on something wrong out of pride... thats a far worse look than simply being wrong about something.

rico
01-18-2015, 05:10 PM
I have no problem admitting it, I'd rather do that than be the guy who doubles down on something wrong out of pride... thats a far worse look than simply being wrong about something.

No joke, when I thought of posters on here who are not avoidant of admitting they are wrong, you were literally the first poster who crossed my mind...I feel like I've read you do it on a few occasions.

Saccopoo
01-18-2015, 05:20 PM
I just noticed that... I questioned it after I posted it and googled the definition and found: 1.) the willingness to take bold risks and 2.) rude or disrespectful behavior; impudence.

Maybe a bit consistent with #1, but #2 is not consistent at all with the word I was looking for. I think the word I was looking for was, "decency." I don't know...your vocabulary seems better than mine, enlighten me.

Look, I'm having a hard enough time trying to decide if I want to go have a bunch of beer tonight and pick up a skank after I go to the gym.

Fine.

"Fortitude."

There you go.

Easy 6
01-18-2015, 05:27 PM
No joke, when I thought of posters on here who are not avoidant of admitting they are wrong, you were literally the first poster who crossed my mind...I feel like I've read you do it on a few occasions.

So what are you saying, that I'm wrong a lot, huh huh?!?!

:)

TimBone
01-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Anybody remember the mint shamrock shakes that McDonald's comes out with in March? We had a soldier training in our control tower a couple of years ago that came up to work that March claiming they were selling pistachio shakes at McDonalds. When I told him they were mint and not pistachio, rather than admitting he saw a green shake and just made an assumption, he claimed, "Nope, I just had one yesterday. It's definitely pistachio." We bought some the next day for work. When he tasted that it was mint, he said, "Well, they must have just been serving pistachio shakes the other day."

That dude fucking stuck to his guns about that lie the rest of the time I knew him.

I found out later he was being investigated for three rapes in three different states.

rico
01-18-2015, 06:23 PM
So what are you saying, that I'm wrong a lot, huh huh?!?!

:)

LMAO I knew it'd come off that way.

Look, I'm having a hard enough time trying to decide if I want to go have a bunch of beer tonight and pick up a skank after I go to the gym.

Fine.

"Fortitude."

There you go.

Thanks, man!!! Good luck skankin!' Glove the love/tarp that load, mi hermano. Put a "sacc" on it!!!

Easy 6
01-18-2015, 06:26 PM
I knew how ya meant it rico, just kidding ya.

rico
Anybody remember the mint shamrock shakes that McDonald's comes out with in March? We had a soldier training in our control tower a couple of years ago that came up to work that March claiming they were selling pistachio shakes at McDonalds. When I told him they were mint and not pistachio, rather than admitting he saw a green shake and just made an assumption, he claimed, "Nope, I just had one yesterday. It's definitely pistachio." We bought some the next day for work. When he tasted that it was mint, he said, "Well, they must have just been serving pistachio shakes the other day."

That dude ****ing stuck to his guns about that lie the rest of the time I knew him.

I found out later he was being investigated for three rapes in three different states.

I wonder if he became accustomed to taking that defensive stance while being interrogated for any potential previous rapes prior to the shake confusion...?

I know a dude who will not EVER admit when he is wrong, even when it is BLATANT. It's like he doesn't consider it to be a chance in hell that HE could be wrong about something. It's kind of bizarre...pretty certain the guy is a narcissist.

rico
I knew how ya meant it rico, just kidding ya.

:) I know, I know.

DeezNutz
01-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Four years?

The OP was just a little longer than that. Dude should have written back: tl/dc

rico
01-18-2015, 06:48 PM
Four years?

The OP was just a little longer than that. Dude should have written back: tl/dc

too long; douche canoe? Are you trying to say that I am a douche canoe? That is soooo wrong.

DeezNutz
01-18-2015, 06:51 PM
too long, don't care.

Seriously. Must have been some epic shit that actually had consequence to merit even thinking about four years after the fact.

rico
01-18-2015, 06:56 PM
too long, don't care.

Seriously. Must have been some epic shit that actually had consequence to merit even thinking about four years after the fact.

My brother wrestled this kid for 3rd and 4th at state... At the time, I didn't like the way the opponent wrestled when they were not on their feet...I thought he stalled. I was ticked at the time and started a thread where I detailed my personal thoughts about the match, that kid's style and how he was coached to wrestle. This kid and my bro were in 7th freaking grade at the time (seriously, the youth forum on the Iowa wrestling forum is the most rabid...it's crazy). Along with this kid being just a 7th grader, he is also one of the nicest, classiest kids you'll ever meet. To add onto it, I re-watched the video semi-recently and the kid was not stalling...he was getting off to the side trying to work pinning combinations. I was wrong in every facet of that thread...not only my opinion of how the kid wrestled the match, but especially the demeaning, disrespectful and public way I called this kid and the coaching staff out..in it's own thread. I've never been more disgusted with myself due to a message board experience.

Fire Me Boy!
01-18-2015, 06:57 PM
I thought I could read an entire Rico post.

I was wrong.

stumppy
01-18-2015, 06:58 PM
I thought I was wrong once. Turns out I was mistaken.

Fire Me Boy!
01-18-2015, 06:59 PM
I thought I was wrong once. Turns out I was mistaken.

Q

rico
01-18-2015, 07:01 PM
I thought I could read an entire Rico post.

I was wrong.

You deserve to be wrong, then!!!!!!!!!

Baby Lee
01-18-2015, 07:06 PM

Noamsain

rico
01-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Noamsain

Is that the proper nomenclature for that phrase? I like it!!!

01-18-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm curious to see Hooties reply.

keg in kc
01-18-2015, 07:50 PM
I admit I'm wrong every time I open my mouth. Marriage taught me that much.

rico
01-18-2015, 08:03 PM

I don't really think you are wrong too often. In fact, I can't recall ever disagreeing with anything you've written. Marriage made you wrong about yourself.

Saccopoo
01-18-2015, 11:08 PM
LMAO I knew it'd come off that way.

Thanks, man!!! Good luck skankin!' Glove the love/tarp that load, mi hermano. Put a "sacc" on it!!!

You know, despite your past transgressions against humanity and your amazing lack of football knowledge, you are a borderline okay dude.

At least on this board.

Saccopoo
01-18-2015, 11:11 PM

It's easier to apologize than to get permission.

rico
01-18-2015, 11:41 PM
You know, despite your past transgressions against humanity and your amazing lack of football knowledge, you are a borderline okay dude.

At least on this board.

Thanks man!

I'm awesome on one board...the board I made the apology in. I know my shit there. There was a forum a few years ago that I posted at (blog catalog), but I sucked there....whenever I'd join a discussion there, I'd feel like I not only interrupted their stupid little tea party, but proceeded to climb on top of their table, pull my pants down, spread my cheeks and take a shit on their table, while no one acknowledged it other than the ultra-positive aphorism blogger who would come up with something to break the silence that indicated that he was trying to make sense of my buffoonery. Yeah, I didn't last long at that gay place. Like a decade ago, I'd post on the IMDB boards and would do nothing, but troll those feels...so whether I sucked or not there is 100% dependent on how you feel about trolls.

Did you pick up a skank?!?! If so, she must have been the type that doesn't like to waste time...which is awesome! It's a bonus if you don't have to waste time on a skank that you likely won't have any future with besides maybe going to Poundtown on occasion. Props in advance, big guy...taking care of business!!!

Saccopoo
01-18-2015, 11:53 PM
No, no skank.

I missed my chance on Friday night when a bunch of us from work went out to see a band and our receptionist (who one of our other gals calls an R rated Disney Princess) started grabbing my ass and fell in front of me and pulled herself up by attaching her lips to my neck.

That was going to be a bad deal all the way around.

I'm just getting towards the end of my celibacy cycle. Don't know if I'm quite ready yet, but I'm getting there.

Thanks for the encouragement though.

I like your positivitiness.

TimBone
01-18-2015, 11:57 PM
Link to that blog board , rico.

Chiefshrink
01-19-2015, 12:16 AM
Has this thought and action recently come up or have you been thinking about this for the last 4yrs quite frequently ?

rico
01-19-2015, 04:15 AM
Has this thought and action recently come up or have you been thinking about this for the last 4yrs quite frequently ?

Just recently for the most part. Only crosses my mind if I read a result or if I see their crew...which generally only happens at state. I don't fret over it or anything.

So are you actually a shrink? I was in the same line of work immediately following college... worked as a Service Coordinator/Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner for 5 years...went back to school to try to attain my Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Degree...decided on a whim that I hated the field... quit mid semester and am now working at a mine/plant that makes wall board... Kind of a waste of degrees/education (BA in Psych, minor in Chemistry and Social Work), tons of nursing courses, tons of student loans. Ugh...maybe some day my education will actually benefit me if I get on in the lab, the office or in the QA/Product Rep department.

Too much of other people's trauma to deal with on a daily basis in the mental health field... it would take a very non-empathetic and/or resilient person to not allow that shit to affect you.

rico
01-19-2015, 04:18 AM
No, no skank.

I missed my chance on Friday night when a bunch of us from work went out to see a band and our receptionist (who one of our other gals calls an R rated Disney Princess) started grabbing my ass and fell in front of me and pulled herself up by attaching her lips to my neck.

That was going to be a bad deal all the way around.

I'm just getting towards the end of my celibacy cycle. Don't know if I'm quite ready yet, but I'm getting there.

Thanks for the encouragement though.

I like your positivitiness.

Wow, sounds like you've got a chance to at least get to 2nd base with the receptionist chick. Good for you!!!