PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Literally one of the dumbest commercials ever made

petegz28
01-20-2015, 03:04 PM
Okay so let's walk through this for a brief second..

1. Dude pays his account on his laptop so, everything obviously is working
2. Dude sets an appointment from his tablet....because everything is working
3. Dude checks his connection status from his phone and guess what? Everything is still working, see #'s 1 & 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ogRbhwotY4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blaise
01-20-2015, 03:06 PM
Glad he got off the meth.

TimBone
01-20-2015, 03:07 PM
I think the Dr. Pepper 10 commercials are really dumb.

Bufkin
01-20-2015, 03:08 PM
I miss the Smilin' Bob commercials.

Rausch
01-20-2015, 03:08 PM
I don't get it...

DMAC
01-20-2015, 03:09 PM
The fake crying celebrities being fake about something they don't care about takes the cake.

http://www.thelistlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/1012.jpg

petegz28
01-20-2015, 03:10 PM
The fake crying celebrities being fake about something they don't care about takes the cake.

Hard to argue with that...

blaise
01-20-2015, 03:11 PM
I hate the Buffalo Wild Wings commercials, the Buf Lite "Up For Whatever" commercials, and the Buick commercials where people can't recognize the Buick.

petegz28
I don't get it...

Don't you think the dude should have checked the status of his connection prior to making a payment and scheduling and appointment?

Or do you always successfully use the internet then check to see if it's working?

blaise

Yeah, "Take a minute." Anne Hathaway pretending she's all broken up.

Rausch
01-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Don't you think the dude should have checked the status of his connection prior to making a payment and scheduling and appointment?

Or do you always successfully use the internet then check to see if it's working?

I don't get what part of it is supposed to be funny...

blaise
01-20-2015, 03:14 PM
I took it to mean he was leaving the house for a while and wanted to check as he left.

RealSNR
01-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Yeah, "Take a minute." Anne Hathaway pretending she's all broken up.

That's not Anne Hathaway. That's the lady who was in Freedom Writers.

petegz28
01-20-2015, 03:15 PM
I don't get what part of it is supposed to be funny...

Yeah, neither does anyone else

Bufkin
01-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Philip Seymour Hoffman.

kysirsoze
01-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Doesn't make sense, but it doesn't rank on any list of dumbest commercials ever made. Way too many contenders.

saphojunkie
01-20-2015, 03:54 PM

HOW DO YOU FUCKING NIMWITS NOT KNOW TWO TIME ACADEMY AWARD WINNER HILLARY SWANK WHAT THE HOT FUCK

RealSNR
01-20-2015, 03:56 PM
HOW DO YOU FUCKING NIMWITS NOT KNOW TWO TIME ACADEMY AWARD WINNER HILLARY SWANK WHAT THE HOT FUCK

No, that's Danny DeVito

blaise
01-20-2015, 04:21 PM
No, that's Danny DeVito

That was pretty good.

Pablo
01-20-2015, 04:25 PM
HOW DO YOU FUCKING NIMWITS NOT KNOW TWO TIME ACADEMY AWARD WINNER HILLARY SWANK WHAT THE HOT FUCKI'm sorry Dane Jr.

I'm just a simple Midwestern type and I really don't follow the moving picture folks like I ought to.

TimBone
01-20-2015, 04:32 PM
No, that's Danny DeVito
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/20/d3f1cff3a9bbf299c4fef2faa74a6928.jpg

Bufkin
01-20-2015, 04:35 PM
http://masetv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/phillip-seymour-hoffman-rip.jpg

arrwheader
01-20-2015, 04:44 PM
He was outside, maybe that was the point. You know like "hey I wonder what my connections like outside while I'm letting my dog take a shit? "

Easy 6
01-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Nah nah nah... that has nothing on the absolutely annoying stupidity of this one, I have so often wondered...

a) which retard greenlit this?

b) why is a major insurance co. chasing the 20 something retard demo?

c) why is this still playing a year later?

I always mute this piece of crap at the first sign of it...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gRS4shfH1Pw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stewie
01-20-2015, 05:19 PM
Colonel Billy!!!!!

NJChiefsFan
01-20-2015, 06:38 PM
I hate the Buffalo Wild Wings commercials, the Buf Lite "Up For Whatever" commercials, and the Buick commercials where people can't recognize the Buick.

Can you believe it's been a year already since they released that "Up for Whatever" campaign.

I personally hate the Esurance commercials. I love how the whole commercial Krasinski is saying in his arrogant voice, "don't you hate all those insurance commercials that say 'save here, save here', without actually telling you how?" He then proceeds to tell you that Esurance is different and that they will "save you money" without actually saying how, exactly what he was just calling out the other companies for doing.

stevieray
01-20-2015, 07:18 PM
"I love my Sonobello body"

GloryDayz
01-20-2015, 10:03 PM

The numbers for "domestic violence" has prolly jumped because of those fucking commercials!

TinyEvel
01-20-2015, 10:06 PM
Okay so let's walk through this for a brief second..

1. Dude pays his account on his laptop so, everything obviously is working
2. Dude sets an appointment from his tablet....because everything is working
3. Dude checks his connection status from his phone and guess what? Everything is still working, see #'s 1 & 2

Hard to tell from the lo-def screen shots, but he's just paying his bill, not signing up for service. And the managing appointments does come a bit out of left field, but maybe the client said they needed to work that feature in, and they all assumed it was a service call to add a box or some other shit, rather than sign-up.

But, the fact that a lot of you guys took it as he's signing up means it's a miss, logically. Maybe you're tuned to see it that way as most cable/directv ads are to get new customers so the message is usually about sign-ups.

It's possible this only ran on current Xfintiy customers' feeds.

Here's a beef: I have xfintiy and hate it to death. Grumbled about how the other two extra boxes weren't able to play DVR'd content because they weren't communicating properly with the main box (yeah it's set upthis way-- sucks)

Put up with it for months then finally called them to see what the issue was. They said somebody needed to come out and switch out the boxes. The guy actually just put in an amplifier where the feed comes in.

I get my bill and they charged me 70 bucks for the service call. WTF? Because they never set it up properly in the first place? If it was directv they would have fixed it AND given me a credit for the time my service was less than ideal.

You bet I'm calling this assholes tomorrow and get a credit or I'll drop them. I'm no hairy-arms Rob Lowe.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 10:22 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yq7DW6HBqDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
01-20-2015, 10:28 PM
You know a really retarded commercial?

Leon Sandcastle.

Simply Red
01-20-2015, 10:30 PM
You know a really retarded commercial?

Leon Sandcastle.

Rob Lowe is fucking NOT funny. I hate him so much now.

RealSNR
01-20-2015, 10:34 PM
But seriously, I'm talking about these Christmas ads that Ford made this past year.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Eyd/ford-dream-big-black-friday-1000-amazon-gift-card

Kids call up Santa's workshop to talk about the sweet deals that Ford has? What? Fucking what?

This one I just posted makes no sense whatsoever. Why the fuck is this girl calling Santa just to say, "BLACK FRIDAY DEALS ON CARS!" There are thousands of better ways to put Santa and children (two heart-warming things around Christmas) into your car commercials. Maybe the girl wants a Ford truck for her parents, and Santa's like, "Sorry, Claire. I don't make that shit in my toy shop because you're a child and can't fucking drive yet, you dumb bitch. But if you get a fucking job maybe you can afford to buy your parents a new Ford with this sweet Black Friday deal."

That's far better than a girl calling up Santa just to spit out Ford's big sale jargon.

And that elf can go die in a fire. Elf is annoying. Fuck that guy.

stevieray
01-20-2015, 10:36 PM
But seriously, I'm talking about these Christmas ads that Ford made this past year.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Eyd/ford-dream-big-black-friday-1000-amazon-gift-card

Kids call up Santa's workshop to talk about the sweet deals that Ford has? What? ****ing what?

This one I just posted makes no sense whatsoever. Why the **** is this girl calling Santa just to say, "BLACK FRIDAY DEALS ON CARS!" There are thousands of better ways to put Santa and children (two heart-warming things around Christmas) into your car commercials. Maybe the girl wants a Ford truck for her parents, and Santa's like, "Sorry, Claire. I don't make that shit in my toy shop because you're a child and can't ****ing drive yet, you dumb bitch. But if you get a ****ing job maybe you can afford to buy your parents a new Ford with this sweet Black Friday deal."

That's far better than a girl calling up Santa just to spit out Ford's big sale jargon.

And that elf can go die in a fire. Elf is annoying. **** that guy.

uggh! those commercials sucked! i almost forgot! damn you! lol

Katipan
01-20-2015, 10:39 PM
I love the fit bit commercial so much I wish I had helped make it.

K0qVi_nF6y8

And I acknowledge that's pretty stupid.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Chicken parm makes me choke so good

RealSNR
01-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Rob Lowe is fucking NOT funny. I hate him so much now.

The first one he did where he was "less attractive" Rob Lowe was really stupid and infuriating.

I'm not what most people would call ugly, but I'm definitely not attractive. I'm still young and have all my hair, but I'm skinny and gangly, and I have deep-set eyes that kind of make me look like a zombie when I'm not wearing my glasses. If it weren't for my chiseled cheek bones, I'd totally be hideously ugly.

I understand that the world is a superficial place, but it certainly doesn't help when you have dickbags at DirecTV who write these commercials for assholes like Rob Lowe to go right out and say, "If you're attractive and beautiful, you're just a better person. Period."

Pasta Little Brioni
01-20-2015, 10:50 PM
McDonald's magically morphing into their gay ass love campaign. Yes nothing says love like hardened arteries and shit food.

Katipan
01-20-2015, 10:52 PM
The first one he did where he was "less attractive" Rob Lowe was really stupid and infuriating.

I'm not what most people would call ugly, but I'm definitely not attractive. I'm still young and have all my hair, but I'm skinny and gangly, and I have deep-set eyes that kind of make me look like a zombie when I'm not wearing my glasses. If it weren't for my chiseled cheek bones, I'd totally be hideously ugly.

I understand that the world is a superficial place, but it certainly doesn't help when you have dickbags at DirecTV who write these commercials for assholes like Rob Lowe to go right out and say, "If you're attractive and beautiful, you're just a better person. Period."

Did this outrage just manifest? You know I'm a huge SNR fan but welcome to being a woman.

RealSNR
01-20-2015, 10:56 PM
Did this outrage just manifest? You know I'm a huge SNR fan but welcome to being a woman.

Yeah, but women get to wear makeup. Instant fix. As long as you have a great body and an evenly-shaped face, makeup will make any woman look good.

You ladies have it so easy.

Katipan
01-20-2015, 11:00 PM
Yeah, but women get to wear makeup. Instant fix. As long as you have a great body and an evenly-shaped face, makeup will make any woman look good.

You ladies have it so easy.

A frighteningly large amount of heterosexual men wear make up.

But I digress.

The most important thing in the world to a woman is your ability to take care of your shit. Regardless of whether she needs you to take care of her shit, she needs to know you are capable of taking care of your shit.

Drag a dead bear around with you everywhere you go and you can look like Quasimoto and still get the princess.

Tombstone RJ
01-20-2015, 11:17 PM

Have you seen the one where he's Chiefs' Fan Rob Lowe? Yah, don't be that Rob Lowe.

Seriously, don't. :LOL:

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Have you seen the one where he's Chiefs' Fan Rob Lowe? Yah, don't be that Rob Lowe.

Even papa john brought in another QB for the playoffs

RealSNR
01-20-2015, 11:46 PM
uggh! those commercials sucked! i almost forgot! damn you! lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

It's hard to believe companies PAY advertising firms to write and shoot commercials like this.

I have no directing experience whatsoever, and I could do a much better job than that.

wazu
01-20-2015, 11:50 PM
I love the fit bit commercial so much I wish I had helped make it.

K0qVi_nF6y8

And I acknowledge that's pretty stupid.

I wear a fitbit and that commercial made me want to tear it off and smash it into a thousand pieces.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2015, 11:54 PM
Glad he got off the meth.

Badger rep.

TimBone
01-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Good call on the Ford Christmas commercials. Everytime I watched one of them I was confused as to what the thinking was behind them.

Also, TribalElder just murdered that donks fan. You get a free blowjob from me, TE.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2015, 07:33 AM
I traded in my Lexus for a Ford!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 07:35 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

blaise
01-21-2015, 08:43 AM
If you watch the one Buick ad where the couple are spying on their neighbor, at the beginning the show their kitchen - they have like 50 bananas, a giant bowl of apples and a big bowl of oranges or lemons. It's like 100 pieces of fruit.

InChiefsHeaven
01-21-2015, 09:13 AM
I don't get it...

Neither do I...

RNR
01-21-2015, 09:24 AM

lol good~

RNR
01-21-2015, 09:25 AM

LMAO better~

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Tribal won the thread

Discuss Thrower
01-21-2015, 02:58 PM
Rich Corinthian leather?