PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Oh No, Tyler Bray tears his ACL

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 05:37 PM
:facepalm: front page

Well, now we know what made the Chiefs take an offseason flier on Terrelle Pryor.

The team announced via its official website that quarterback Tyler Bray suffered a torn ACL, which sparked the Pryor move. Bray will have surgery soon to repair the damage, which should keep him from being ready for the start of the regular season.

Pryor signed with the Chiefs earlier this month, so they’ll have him around this offseason to take snaps behind Alex Smith and Chase Daniel.

Bray spent the year on injured reserve after suffering knee and ankle injuries in the preseason finale. The Chiefs also have fifth-round pick Aaron Murray, who didn’t play a game last year after suffering a torn ACL near the end of his college career at Georgia.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/chiefs-qb-tyler-bray-tears-acl-will-have-surgery-soon/

TribalElder
Don't curr if Que

TimBone
R

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Again?

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Three ACL tears

bevischief
01-20-2015, 05:41 PM
E

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Three ACL tears

Maybe you guys are better at the internets than me but I couldn't find any articles describing a previous ACL tear.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Maybe you guys are better at the internets than me but I couldn't find any articles describing a previous ACL tear.

I reposted after looking at the front page and missing the Tyler bray thread

Derp Derp my bad :D

listopencil
01-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Pryor has an interesting skill set.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Pryor has an interesting skill set.

For sure, he buttseck's donkeys ROFL

listopencil
01-20-2015, 05:48 PM
For sure, he buttseck's donkeys ROFL

He runs really fast when he catches on fire and he's a funny motherfucker. He's dead now but I think you guys can work with that.

Baby Lee
01-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Workout warriors, what's the recovery time on a QCL tear?

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 05:50 PM

LMAO!

I will get back I you once someone else starts a thread with the info

listopencil
01-20-2015, 05:56 PM

Generally takes a server upgrade to completely heal.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-18-2015, 03:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For those wondering, Tyler Bray was injured in January playing basketball, according to source.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/568162610841034752">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reid wasn&#39;t willing to discuss the injury and said he wasn&#39;t sure Chiefs would stick with Bray through his rehab.BTW, injury was torn ACL</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/568163100312137728">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

KC native
02-18-2015, 03:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reid wasn't willing to discuss the injury and said he wasn't sure Chiefs would stick with Bray through his rehab.BTW, injury was torn ACL</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/568163100312137728">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

And these O's ain't Royal!

The Franchise
02-18-2015, 03:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For those wondering, Tyler Bray was injured in January playing basketball, according to source.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/568162610841034752">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reid wasn't willing to discuss the injury and said he wasn't sure Chiefs would stick with Bray through his rehab.BTW, injury was torn ACL</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/568163100312137728">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

Somebody check on Tomahawk.

srvy
02-18-2015, 03:46 PM
Brokie Bray?

Perineum Ripper
02-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Tomahawk is hanging from a rope in his basement in his Bray Jersey

Mr. Flopnuts
02-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Bye bye Tyler. Hope the pick up game was worth your career!

Valiant
02-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Basketball ehh? He just signed to being waved once cleared to return..

Sorry Bray, I had hopes for you.. Time to focus on Murray..

Mr. Laz
02-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Basketball ehh? He just signed to being waved once cleared to return..

Sorry Bray, I had hopes for you.. Time to focus on Murray..

Don't need to sign him to release him if it was a NFI.

It pretty much voids all responsibility for an NFL team.

He's probably just considered a camp arm unless something changes.

Easy 6
02-18-2015, 05:37 PM
That big goofy mfer :facepalm:

**** it... cut Daniel, draft another one this year and send him to camp with Murray and Smiff.

Pryor... does anyone really see this guy sticking, does Reid really want to try and recreate the Michael Vick Experience?

Meatloaf
02-18-2015, 05:53 PM

**** it... cut Daniel, draft another one this year and send him to camp with Murray and Smiff.

Pryor... does anyone really see this guy sticking, does Reid really want to try and recreate the Michael Vick Experience?

Easy, I guess I could see them keeping Pryor if they cut/trade Daniel and want a veteran presence as a backup. Lot cheaper than Daniel too. Personally, I guess I'd like to see Murray as our backup, but perhaps another year of seasoning is needed?

Easy 6
02-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Easy, I guess I could see them keeping Pryor if they cut/trade Daniel and want a veteran presence as a backup. Lot cheaper than Daniel too. Personally, I guess I'd like to see Murray as our backup, but perhaps another year of seasoning is needed?

While he would provide experience at backup in Daniels absence, I'm just still kinda baffled at his presence here, cant help but wonder what Reid saw from his time Oakland that made him want the guy around.

I mean yeah, everyone knows he's stupid fast... but beyond that I just dont get it.

Meatloaf
02-18-2015, 06:21 PM
While he would provide experience at backup in Daniels absence, I'm just still kinda baffled at his presence here, cant help but wonder what Reid saw from his time Oakland that made him want the guy around.

I mean yeah, everyone knows he's stupid fast... but beyond that I just dont get it.

I thought the signing was a bit odd too. But, the guy is an athlete and who knows what Reid might be able to do with him. As I recall, he's very low cost.

keg in kc
02-18-2015, 06:23 PM
I still dream that it's just a plan to finally get him to convert to TE or receiver.

GloryDayz
02-18-2015, 09:01 PM
Looks like a weak ACL anyway!

http://www.petri.co.il/images/csc_edit_cisco_ios_acl_using_line_numbers_03.jpg

Three7s
02-18-2015, 09:03 PM
Somebody check on Tomahawk.
#prayerthreadforTomahawk

Mr_Tomahawk
02-18-2015, 09:06 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W2wrtoloJ6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
02-18-2015, 09:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/h3eXcOm.gif

Easy 6
02-18-2015, 09:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/h3eXcOm.gif

The throw it down the field guy is happy about this development, this place I tell ya.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2015, 10:01 PM
The throw it down the field guy is happy about this development, this place I tell ya.

I'm happy about it because the last thing true fans need is some pie-in-the-sky hope over a 7th round pick.

Anything that makes the FO bring in another QB prospect who isn't a bag of smashed assholes is a positive.

Tribal Warfare
02-18-2015, 10:03 PM

Reid probably believes he can develop him into at least draft pick currency

Easy 6
02-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Reid probably believes he can develop him into at least draft pick currency

I guess we'll see.

If he can get some accuracy out of the guy he might be a steal, it'll definitely be interesting to follow his progress in camp.

Mav
02-18-2015, 10:29 PM
I'm happy about it because the last thing true fans need is some pie-in-the-sky hope over a 7th round pick.

Anything that makes the FO bring in another QB prospect who isn't a bag of smashed assholes is a positive.
Yeah, he wasn't even drafted. Aaron Murray is better anyways.

DaneMcCloud
02-18-2015, 10:43 PM

I'll freakin' eat my hat if the Chiefs go into the season with Smith, Murray and Pryor.

I can't see any circumstance in which Daniel won't be on the roster. He'd be better off in the long run renegotiating a 2 year deal for $5 million than being tossed onto the street where he'd be lucky to earn more.

Tribal Warfare
02-18-2015, 10:44 PM
I seriously doubt it. Bray's issues aren't physical, they're mental. The game is 90% mental. Bray throws a great pass then follows it up with two stinkers.

I think his time in KC is finished. If he latches on somewhere, it'll likely be a Future/Reserve contract in 2016 and even then, I'd be shocked to see him make a squad.

At his age, his best bet is the CFL. Go play for a few years, if he can even get on the field.

I was commenting on Pryor, in all honesty Bray is most likely a lost cause now.

DaneMcCloud
I guess we'll see.

If he can get some accuracy out of the guy he might be a steal, it'll definitely be interesting to follow his progress in camp.

Accuracy is something that can't be taught.

Look at Jake Locker for proof.

DaneMcCloud
I was commenting on Pryor, in all honesty Bray is most likely a lost cause now.

Yeah, I caught that and deleted mine. Sorry man!

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2015, 11:01 PM
A guy that had a .1% chance of amounting to anything in the NFL is now a flat zero. Can't say I'm going to lose much sleep over this one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2015, 11:02 PM
I'll freakin' eat my hat if the Chiefs go into the season with Smith, Murray and Pryor.

I can't see any circumstance in which Daniel won't be on the roster. He'd be better off in the long run renegotiating a 2 year deal for $5 million than being tossed onto the street where he'd be lucky to earn more.

Devil's Advocate, Dane:

What can Alex Smith do that Chase Daniel can't?

DaneMcCloud
02-18-2015, 11:27 PM
Devil's Advocate, Dane:

Get a hot wife?

:shrug:

Discuss Thrower
02-18-2015, 11:29 PM
Devil's Advocate, Dane:

Mobility and arm strength.

DaneMcCloud
02-18-2015, 11:38 PM
Devil's Advocate, Dane:

I'll give you a real answer: I don't know.

But what I will say is this: I can't remember how many times I've read on Chiefsplanet that this quarterback was "ruined" or that quarterback was "ruined" and on and on and on.

But do you know which QB was truly ruined? Alex Smith.

He had the bad luck and fortune of going to one of the most shittiest franchises in the NFL at the time (and will be so again). The 49ers "Brass" in all of their infinite wisdom, hired Mike Nolan as the head coach, the son of Dick Nolan, who won a few titles (and nothing more) for the 49ers in the 70's to "restore their glory".

All he did was further destroy a franchise.

In a time when the QB could sit for a few games or even a season without people noticing or caring, this moron stuck Alex Smith behind a porous offensive line with no weapons at 22 years old. He didn't care about Smith's well being or injuries, he cared about winning.

And when Alex Smith was having serious shoulder issues, Nolan called him a pussy and dared him to play, which caused further issues. He was finally fired and replaced with even a bigger moron in Mike Singletary with the offensive genius of Jimmy Raye at the helm.

Finally, Smith gets an ally in Jim Harbaugh and puts up decent numbers and a winning record but it all came with a price: An injured but repaired shoulder that was never the same as before but even worse, fear. Fear of being thrown under the bus, again. And his fears were realized with Jim Harbaugh did just that.

I can't excuse Alex Smith's performance in KC. Reid and Dorsey wanted him and while he played much better in 2013 than 2014, I want to believe that he can get back on track in 2015 but there's no proof that he can do so.

But for all of the guys that have been "ruined", his path has been the worst because had he landed in a QB friendly system and town, I think he'd be an elite player today.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-18-2015, 11:54 PM
That's certainly a reasonable, informed take. What the fuck are you doing posting on this site?

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2015, 12:09 AM
That's certainly a reasonable, informed take. What the fuck are you doing posting on this site?

You know, after writing all of that, I finally realize why Andy Reid wanted him.

Reid's always been seen as a Guru, a fixer, a guy who could take any QB and make him into a not only a serviceable QB but very good NFL QB.

I can only speculate but since Smith played at Utah, Reid likely had an interest and watched him closely. Even though he'd been through so much in SF, Reid saw him as raw material, someone who could be "fixed".

Unfortunately, he's no longer raw material. He's damaged material.

If Reid can turn Smith into a Super Bowl QB, his reclamation days might be over. We all know he's tried enough times.