PDA

View Full Version : Football Tom Brady's reaction to 'deflate-gate.' Scumbag, cheating, liar?

Hootie
01-21-2015, 10:33 AM
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/tom-brady/deflating-footballs/deflate-gate

During his weekly appearance on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan Show, Tom Brady was asked by Kirk Minihane if he was aware of the controversy. The Pats' quarterback said he wasn't. When it was explained to him, Brady's reaction was . . .

A deep, hearty laugh.

"I think I've heard it all [now]," Brady said. "Oh, God. It's ridiculous . . .

"That's the last of my worries. I don't even respond to stuff like this."

So, the 'greatest QB ever' (allegedly), is a cheater, and a liar ... and now has been the face of an organization that is in the midst of another cheating scandal.

In the first scandal, it was rumored that Flutie accidentally picked up his helmet and was amazed coaches were talking to him right up until the ball was snapped telling him exactly what to expect on the defensive side (NFL rules dictate all communication is cut off at 15 seconds on the playclock).

Now this?

What an incredible black eye to the New England Patriots and their golden boy, Tom Brady. Just disgusting.

Simply Red
01-21-2015, 10:34 AM
glad we have Alex!

Hootie
01-21-2015, 10:38 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Patriots &amp; Tom Brady suspiciously outperform expectations in wet weather:
<a href="http://t.co/vyARUkpVAC">http://t.co/vyARUkpVAC</a>
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DeflateGate?src=hash">#DeflateGate</a> <a href="http://t.co/teLCYgPCMZ">pic.twitter.com/teLCYgPCMZ</a></p>&mdash; Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/557914552680325120">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ming the Merciless
01-21-2015, 10:39 AM
we really needed a 3rd thread with Pats haters crying about this

Hootie
01-21-2015, 10:43 AM
we really needed a 3rd thread with Pats haters crying about this

Let me troll in peace. I can't wait for the Brady bombardment on media day.

lawrenceRaider
01-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Tom's a doosher, always has been. Still a great QB, as evidenced by him being even better since the Spygate problems.

Ming the Merciless
01-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Let me troll

Youre more honest than Tom Brady....

I will give you that.

Eleazar
01-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Tom Brady has proved himself Manning's superior once again, and Pootie is on record running Brady down all the time, so of course you'd have to start a thread trying to capitalize on the PSI of the footballs and regain some shred of dignity on the issue.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 11:14 AM
if Manning could use a vortex instead of a real football with his lack of arm strength post neck surgeries ... he'd still be the best QB in the NFL ... like he was before the neck operations.

Agree?

Red Dawg
01-21-2015, 11:26 AM
He's a liar and so is Bill. The balls would not have been deflated without their go ahead.

Every Pats fan I see from now on that wants to brag should be told to shut up.

Cheaters.

kepp
01-21-2015, 11:28 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Patriots &amp; Tom Brady suspiciously outperform expectations in wet weather:
<a href="http://t.co/vyARUkpVAC">http://t.co/vyARUkpVAC</a>
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DeflateGate?src=hash">#DeflateGate</a> <a href="http://t.co/teLCYgPCMZ">pic.twitter.com/teLCYgPCMZ</a></p>&mdash; Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/557914552680325120">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh, I don't know. They've won multiple superbowls. I'd say the suspiciously outperform expectations in most weather.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 11:32 AM
Oh, I don't know. They've won multiple superbowls. I'd say the suspiciously outperform expectations in most weather.

They won all of their Super Bowls during the Spygate era...

I'd say they suspiciously outperformed the postseason when they knew the oppositions' defensive playcalls pre-snap, no doubt!

Pitt Gorilla
01-21-2015, 01:10 PM
He's a liar and so is Bill. The balls would not have been deflated without their go ahead.

Every Pats fan I see from now on that wants to brag should be told to shut up.

Cheaters.If the Chiefs had Brady and Hoodie, I would be thrilled.

Iconic
01-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Uhm there's no question he knew about this. In fact I'm willing to bet this was premeditated. He probably had practices in which he used deflated balls regularly. Fuck him.

Jim Lahey
01-21-2015, 01:27 PM
https://twitter.com/mattleinartqb/status/557943575585882112

@MattLeinartQB: Every team tampers with the footballs. Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!

blaise
01-21-2015, 01:29 PM
What do you want him to do, fall on his hands and knees and start bawling his eyes out?

Eleazar
01-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Wasnt there some controversy about teams heating the K balls so they weren't frozen solid, and whether that was legal or not?

Jimmya
01-21-2015, 01:45 PM
I seem to remember something about trying to heat up kicking balls for field goal attempts.

GoChargers
01-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Uhm there's no question he knew about this. In fact I'm willing to bet this was premeditated. He probably had practices in which he used deflated balls regularly. Fuck him.

He admitted to preferring them deflated in 2011. He's a smug hypocrite and a liar. Still better than Fivehead though.

Bugeater
01-21-2015, 02:00 PM
What do you want him to do, fall on his hands and knees and start bawling his eyes out?

That would be a good start

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Rich Hill retweeted
Kevin Clark ‏@KevinClarkWSJ 2h2 hours ago
NFL head coaches here at Senior Bowl seem downright offended that people think this deflation stuff is a big deal.

ThaVirus
01-21-2015, 02:03 PM

Slit his wrists the long way.

eDave
01-21-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Rich Hill retweeted
NFL head coaches here at Senior Bowl seem downright offended that people think this deflation stuff is a big deal.

I'd like to see his sample size. And what is Bill Belichick doing at the Senior Bowl?!

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Rich Hill retweeted

I'd like to see his sample size. And what is Bill Belichick doing at the Senior Bowl?!

errr...Belichick is NOT at the Senior Bowl. He has something else to get ready for.

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 02:10 PM
Hootie's still allowed to start threads and I'm not.

**** this place. **** this place to heck.

eDave
errr...Belichick is NOT at the Senior Bowl. He has something else to get ready for.

Whoosh!

Red Dawg

Pats fans don't care. They like the success and don't give a damn if the rest of the NFL knows they cheat.

Red Dawg
01-21-2015, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=Amnorix;11284396]errr...Belichick is NOT at the Senior Bowl. He has something else to get ready for.[/QUOTE

SB cheating tactics and what to do while he is suspended next season for being a liar and a cheat.

Brady is also a liar.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Mark Brunell, an actual NFL QB, demonstrated how much of an advantage the deflated balls were and was SHOCKED they were that deflated on First Take. So, yeah...keep defending your scumbag Patriots, Amnorix. Disgusting.

PizzaDoughz
01-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Mark Brunell, an actual NFL QB, demonstrated how much of an advantage the deflated balls were and was SHOCKED they were that deflated on First Take. So, yeah...keep defending your scumbag Patriots, Amnorix. Disgusting.

You're pretty on point with last part. Fuck the Cheatriots

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 02:15 PM

Was he SHOCKED that Rodgers overinflated? Was he SHOCKED that the Vikings and Jaguars heated balls? Was he SHOCKED that Brad Johnson paid $7,500 for the ballboys to tamper with balls before he went out and won a Super Bowl?

This thing has taken on a life of its own, here in the age of twitter and extreme hatred of the Patriots and the perception that they are cheaters who stole Super Bowls or whatever. I get it. But it doesn't exactly worry me.

If the NFL comes down and does something ridiculous in terms of punishment, I will probably just walk away from the NFL as a fan. They won't care. They don't get any of my money anyway. Both of us will survive the parting of the ways, I'm sure.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 02:19 PM
ROFL

If they punish the Patriots for cheating, Amnorix will stop being a fan! Hahaha! Lolz

Hootie
01-21-2015, 02:22 PM
"YOUR honor! My neighbor cheated on his taxes and didn't get caught! This is a travesty! And not fair!"

Donger
01-21-2015, 02:22 PM
Was he SHOCKED that Rodgers overinflated? Was he SHOCKED that the Vikings and Jaguars heated balls? Was he SHOCKED that Brad Johnson paid $7,500 for the ballboys to tamper with balls before he went out and won a Super Bowl?

This thing has taken on a life of its own, here in the age of twitter and extreme hatred of the Patriots and the perception that they are cheaters who stole Super Bowls or whatever. I get it. But it doesn't exactly worry me.

If the NFL comes down and does something ridiculous in terms of punishment, I will probably just walk away from the NFL as a fan. They won't care. They don't get any of my money anyway. Both of us will survive the parting of the ways, I'm sure.

From what I understand, Rodgers hasn't chimed in yet. Phil Simms claimed that he said that.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Belichick gets a 1 year suspension. Fair is fair.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 02:25 PM
And McDaniels cannot wear a cutoff hoodie or he gets Marshawn Lynch'd

Sully
01-21-2015, 02:28 PM
What is the biggest non-story in sports, 2015 version, for $500, Alex?

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 02:29 PM
From what I understand, Rodgers hasn't chimed in yet. Phil Simms claimed that he said that.

He reiterated, for the record.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12201369/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-upset-referees-take-air-footballs

eDave
01-21-2015, 02:29 PM
And Amnorix will be gone too ? It'd only be fair

Him taking this so personally is mental. It really is.

Red Dawg
01-21-2015, 02:30 PM

You are soooo full of shit. You will watch and be a fan forever and definitely will as long Bill the cheater and Brady the liar are there.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Him taking this so personally is mental. It really is.

Far be it for me to defend Amnorix, but he does have a point. The outrage and indignation is highly selective. That is suspect. So it's not about the integrity of the game which some claim.

Donger
01-21-2015, 02:33 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12201369/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-upset-referees-take-air-footballs

Where do you see that he likes to (and does) use over-inflated balls? In other words, beyond the maximum allowed by the NFL?

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Belichick gets a 1 year suspension. Fair is fair.

Only if Green Bay, Vikings, Bucs and( possibly even the Giants if nothing is supposed to be done to the balls whatsoever) and other teams got that for a punishment. Equal rules for the same offenses. Otherwise, it's a Kangaroo court and unjust. That would reflect on your character just as much as you feel it reflects on the Pats.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Where do you see that he likes to (and does) use over-inflated balls? In other words, beyond the maximum allowed by the NFL?

It's in the link and I posted another link. He likes an inflated balls because, in Aaron's own words, he has big hands.

eDave
01-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Far be it for me to defend Amnorix, but he does have a point. The outrage and indignation is highly selective. That is suspect. So it's not about the integrity of the game which some claim.

For sure. But I'm waiting for him to cry.

Donger
01-21-2015, 02:38 PM
It's in the link and I posted another link. He likes an inflated balls because, in Aaron's own words, he has big hands.

Yes, now try reading again with your eyes open this time.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Pats fans don't care. They like the success and don't give a damn if the rest of the NFL knows they cheat.

I care. I don't like it. I was disappointed about Spygate when I first heard it, but that won't stop me from analyzing if it resulted in a significant gain on the field, or looking at the rest of the NFL. I mean fair is fair.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Yes, now try reading again with your eyes open this time.

My eyes? I didn't read his link 'cause I already knew what Aaron did and said.
I relied on another one from earlier.

Donger
01-21-2015, 02:40 PM
My eyes? I didn't read his link 'cause I already knew what Aaron did and said.
I relied on another one from earlier.

And where is that link? In this thread?

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Wasnt there some controversy about teams heating the K balls so they weren't frozen solid, and whether that was legal or not?

Yes there was. I saw that today. I forget who did it though.

eDave
01-21-2015, 02:43 PM

Cool. I think those earlier examples were cheating too. I don't believe in messing with the ball. AT ALL.

But I'm a bigger baseball fan. Randy Johnson didn't get to use a different baseball because his hands were so big. Basketball player's don't get to customize the ball. Isn't there a tennis match going on? That ball is sacred. As is the golf ball.

It's all about the ball baby.

MagicHef
01-21-2015, 02:45 PM

Rodgers never had any of his balls changed after the refs approved them. The fact that you are trying so hard to conflate this with what the Patriots did is sad.

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 02:46 PM
"YOUR honor! My neighbor cheated on his taxes and didn't get caught! This is a travesty! And not fair!"

Basically this. LMAO

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 02:49 PM

"The majority of the time, they take air out of the football. I think that, for me, is a disadvantage."

Unless you think they are deflating balls that are within the maximum allowed by the NFL, which makes no sense...?

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Cool. I think those earlier examples were cheating too. I don't believe in messing with the ball. AT ALL.

But I'm a bigger baseball fan. Randy Johnson didn't get to use a different baseball because his hands were so big. Basketball player's don't get to customize the ball. Isn't there a tennis match going on? That ball is sacred. As is the golf ball.

I understnad what you're saying, but you're wrong. Teams ARE allowed to manipulate balls quite alot. They don't just get taken right out of the box from the factory and thrown in the game. That isn't how ti works.

The NY Times had an article a while ago about how much effort goes into Eli Manning's balls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/24/sports/football/eli-mannings-footballs-are-months-in-making.html?_r=0

The rule is just limited to proper pressure, not whether QBs can rub them up or down with whatever they wnat, etc. etc.

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Unless you think they are deflating balls that are within the maximum allowed by the NFL, which makes no sense...?

That's what the Patriots did.

He's saying that the refs deflate the balls down to the rule and he doesn't like it. I don't see anywhere in that article where he states that during the game he'll reinflate the ball to the level he likes. Did I miss that somewhere?

Donger
01-21-2015, 02:54 PM

Why does that make no sense? For all we know, the refs test the balls and see that they are at maximum and reduce it to be right in the middle of the range. What you posted doesn't show that Rodgers likes over-inflated balls, which is what you claimed he stated.

Sorry.

Amnorix
You are soooo full of shit. You will watch and be a fan forever and definitely will as long Bill the cheater and Brady the liar are there.

Actually, no. I've given up basically every other sport in my life. As a kid I was a huge Celtics and Red Sox fan. I was alos a huge college football fan. Now i only watch when I go to the game for whatever reason (client stuff normally).

Trust me, I can give up the NFL. My wife would love it if I did, I'm sure. :D

The Franchise
I understnad what you're saying, but you're wrong. Teams ARE allowed to manipulate balls quite alot. They don't just get taken right out of the box from the factory and thrown in the game. That isn't how ti works.

The NY Times had an article a while ago about how much effort goes into Eli Manning's balls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/24/sports/football/eli-mannings-footballs-are-months-in-making.html?_r=0

The rule is just limited to proper pressure, not whether QBs can rub them up or down with whatever they wnat, etc. etc.

The rule is limited to proper pressure.....WHICH THE PATRIOTS FUCKING IGNORED AND CHANGED. God fucking damn.

Other QBs change their balls!! Yeah....according to the rules. When you break the rules....before an AFC Championship game.....you deserve to get fucked.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:57 PM
I read something last night by a ref that said, nothing should be done to the balls at all....but he didn't cite a rule for it. Immediately, Eli's balls came to my mind when I read that.

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 02:57 PM

The point actually is that the neighbor did get caught, but the punishment was disparate.

If the NFL needs to send a lesson and forces a surrender of a low round draft pick, I think that's rather unfair but can live with it. If they go all Adrian Peterson on the Patriots, then it's ridiculous, makes no sense, and is nothing more than selective enforcement.

Punish the Patriots because they win too much. PUnish them more for something that we already punished them for seven years ago. Then triple it because everyone hates the Hoodie!

Of course, Goodell is under pressure himself because he's a pathetic turd, and has fucked up so much earlier this year. So if he doesn't bring home the hammer he's Kraft's boy, or soft. If he does, then his selective enforcement of rules is arbitrary.

Donger
01-21-2015, 02:58 PM
Immediately, Eli's balls came to my mind when I read that.

TMI BEP

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 02:59 PM
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/tom-brady/deflating-footballs/deflate-gate

So, the 'greatest QB ever' (allegedly), is a cheater, and a liar ... and now has been the face of an organization that is in the midst of another cheating scandal.

In the first scandal, it was rumored that Flutie accidentally picked up his helmet and was amazed coaches were talking to him right up until the ball was snapped telling him exactly what to expect on the defensive side (NFL rules dictate all communication is cut off at 15 seconds on the playclock).

Now this?

What an incredible black eye to the New England Patriots and their golden boy, Tom Brady. Just disgusting.

Hootie gotta Hootie

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:59 PM
TMI BEP

Jealous your's are deflated huh?

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Hootie gotta Hootie

He's secretly Hoodie, but in the closet.

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Why does that make no sense? For all we know, the refs test the balls and see that they are at maximum and reduce it to be right in the middle of the range. What you posted doesn't show that Rodgers likes over-inflated balls, which is what you claimed he stated.

Sorry.

:LOL: You are being hypertechnical. Simms specifically said

"I like to push the limits of how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do," is what Simms recalls Rodgers telling them.

Then Rodgers is quoted talking about the refs deflating the balls, and you suggest that maybe they are reducing them ot the middle of the range? The rule is 12.5 to 13.5, NOT 13.0. If they were 13.5, that is within the range and allowed. Why would they deflate?

Seems to me pretty overwhelming that he OVERinflates.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Basically this. LMAO

Show me someone who hasn't stretched the truth ever on their taxes, and I will sell you a bridge.

Molitoth
01-21-2015, 03:02 PM
All just another story for the media to overblow for some headlines.

Get the fuck over it people.

Donger
01-21-2015, 03:03 PM
Jealous your's are deflated huh?

Not at all. I'm thankful (and a little sleepy) because of it. That's what green-lighting a two bathroom and laundry room remodel gets me.

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 03:04 PM

The ball is not sacred. Baseball players get to rub down the ball and alter it. Golfers get to choose from a wide range of golf balls.

Donger
01-21-2015, 03:04 PM

Then Rodgers is quoted talking about the refs deflating the balls, and you suggest that maybe they are reducing them ot the middle of the range? The rule is 12.5 to 13.5, NOT 13.0. If they were 13.5, that is within the range and allowed. Why would they deflate?

Yes, I know SIMMS said that. Like I said, perhaps the refs he refers to want the ball pressure to right in the middle. I take it you don't fill the tires on your vehicle to the maximum recommended?

RunKC
01-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Another 20+page Hootie thread about Tom Brady where 75% of said thread is Hootie posting to get people to give hi praise for his perspective.

How exhausting...it's like I've seen this before.

ndws
01-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Blame the Colts for not having the gumption to let 2 pounds of air out of their footballs as well. Or did they? Nobody has reported what their ball pressures were.

Who gives a shit. Instead of making more rules, take some rules away, allow parity and creativeness to some degree and just let them play a fucking game. Christ if the kickers have to have their own ball, just go by middle school rules and everybody, both sides included, plays with the same ball.

eDave
01-21-2015, 03:07 PM
The ball is not sacred. Baseball players get to rub down the ball and alter it. Golfers get to choose from a wide range of golf balls.

Conceded. But within boundaries. Exceed those boundaries and things get serious.

kysirsoze
01-21-2015, 03:09 PM
That's what the Patriots did.

He's saying that the refs deflate the balls down to the rule and he doesn't like it. I don't see anywhere in that article where he states that during the game he'll reinflate the ball to the level he likes. Did I miss that somewhere?

Still isn't the same as deflating after the refs checked them. Not even close.

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Blame the Colts for not having the gumption to let 2 pounds of air out of their footballs as well. Or did they? Nobody has reported what their ball pressures were.

Who gives a shit. Instead of making more rules, take some rules away, allow parity and creativeness to some degree and just let them play a fucking game. Christ if the kickers have to have their own ball, just go by middle school rules and everybody, both sides included, plays with the same ball.

Funny....the guys who bring up Brad Johnson changing the balls don't bring up the point that he said that he did it to ALL the balls in the Superbowl. Everyone was playing with the same type of ball.

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Conceded. But within boundaries. Exceed those boundaries and things get serious.

If a pitcher exceeds the boundaries, the take the ball out of play and give him another. That's not particularly serious.

And here's a little something about footballs

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/not-for-attribution/longtime-college-football-equipment-manager-everyone-cheats-deflates-184104713.html

This is all a tempest in a teapot. The Panthers messed with the balls earlier this season, on the sidelines, after the officials had checked them. I'm still waiting on all the outrage about that. Player after player has come forward, mostly laughing this off or minimizing it. The coaches at the Senior Bowl say it's nonsense.

If the Patriots messed with the ball, the baseline is a 25K fine, according to the rule. Even for the league, it's obviously not that big a deal.

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Everyone cheats....it's ok.

Pitt Gorilla
01-21-2015, 03:22 PM
The broncos used to scuff, muddy, etc. the opposition's footballs. The donx balls were kept dry and in front of a heater.

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Funny....the guys who bring up Brad Johnson changing the balls don't bring up the point that he said that he did it to ALL the balls in the Superbowl. Everyone was playing with the same type of ball.

Things were done differently back then because the teams used the same balls, and Johnson and Gannon both agreed that they'd get the balls altered. So, in effect, both guys 'cheated'.

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 03:24 PM

Right, in the game that Rich Gannon threw five picks in.

Look, if nobody cares about Johnson, that's fine. If nobody cares about Rodgers, that's fine. If nobody cares about the Vikings and Jags (or Panthers, whichever one it is), that's fine.

But what makes no sense is that nobody cares about any of that, but everyone is losing their minds over the Patriots. The selective outrage, and selective desire for punishment, is a problem.

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Still isn't the same as deflating after the refs checked them. Not even close.

Except we don't (yet) know if that's what the Patriots did.

MagicHef
01-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Right, in the game that Rich Gannon threw five picks in.

Look, if nobody cares about Johnson, that's fine. If nobody cares about Rodgers, that's fine. If nobody cares about the Vikings and Jags (or Panthers, whichever one it is), that's fine.

But what makes no sense is that nobody cares about any of that, but everyone is losing their minds over the Patriots. The selective outrage, and selective desire for punishment, is a problem.

Do you admit that the Rodgers/Johnson issue is not even close to the same as the Brady issue?

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Yes, I know SIMMS said that. Like I said, perhaps the refs he refers to want the ball pressure to right in the middle. I take it you don't fill the tires on your vehicle to the maximum recommended?

Good lord.

MagicHef
01-21-2015, 03:26 PM
Except we don't (yet) know if that's what the Patriots did.

They've said that the balls were checked, and were normal before the game. At halftime, the balls were checked again; the Patriot balls were deflated and the Colt balls were normal.

What do you think happened?

Hootie
01-21-2015, 03:29 PM
They've said that the balls were checked, and were normal before the game. At halftime, the balls were checked again; the Patriot balls were deflated and the Colt balls were normal.

What do you think happened?

Look man

The Panthers heated some balls up earlier this year!

DON'T YOU GET IT?

THE PANTHERS!

THE PANTHERS I SAY!

mdchiefsfan
01-21-2015, 03:30 PM
I read something last night by a ref that said, nothing should be done to the balls at all....but he didn't cite a rule for it. Immediately, Eli's balls came to my mind when I read that.

NTTAWWT

eDave
01-21-2015, 03:31 PM
If a pitcher exceeds the boundaries, the take the ball out of play and give him another. That's not particularly serious.

And here's a little something about footballs

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/not-for-attribution/longtime-college-football-equipment-manager-everyone-cheats-deflates-184104713.html

This is all a tempest in a teapot. The Panthers messed with the balls earlier this season, on the sidelines, after the officials had checked them. I'm still waiting on all the outrage about that. Player after player has come forward, mostly laughing this off or minimizing it. The coaches at the Senior Bowl say it's nonsense.

If the Patriots messed with the ball, the baseline is a 25K fine, according to the rule. Even for the league, it's obviously not that big a deal.

What? You spit on a ball and you are GONE. And suspended immediately.

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 03:33 PM
What? You spit on a ball and you are GONE. And suspended immediately.

I didn't say anything about spitting on the ball. Pitchers rub the balls, often using the dirt to help give them a bit of a scuff. If it becomes too much, the officials take the ball out of play.

That's all this is. Don't let Hootie drag you into his fever dreams.

eDave
01-21-2015, 03:34 PM
I didn't say anything about spitting on the ball.

Deflating the ball, outside the boundaries, is spitting on the ball.

Just making analogies.

Just Passin' By
Deflating the ball, outside the boundaries, is spitting on the ball.

Ok, now you're going full Hootie.

Donger
Good lord.

What?

Hootie
01-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Mark Brunell is just pwning you guys on ESPN right now. Pwning. Turn it on.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 03:37 PM
LMFAO

Brunell talking about how much of advantage a QB has if the ball is under-deflated

Rodgers came on and said there is NO ADVANTAGE whatsoever to an over-inflated ball...none. He said there should ABSOLUTELY be a rule against an under-deflated ball.

Anything else?

(Oh, and Jerome Bettis also said that an under-deflated ball was a HUGE advantage for RB's, too)

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 03:37 PM
Ok, now you're going full Hootie.

So you have no argument.

You're team has been caught doing something against the rules and all the fans can do is deflect and claim that other teams have done it before.

I hope the NFL rapes your fucking team.

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 03:41 PM
So you have no argument.

You're team has been caught doing something against the rules and all the fans can do is deflect and claim that other teams have done it before.

I hope the NFL rapes your ****ing team.

Hey, dumbass, the Panthers were caught doing something against the rules. Nothing happened. Like I said, it's a $25k fine baseline, and idiots screaming about "I hope the NFL rapes your ****ing team" are ****ing morons. Take it from one of the Colts players:

@NFLonFOX not a story. They could have played with soap for balls and beat us. Simply the better team. We have to continue to build! #BTM

https://twitter.com/Dallen83/status/557793603700154369

Tell me about the massive Tomlin punishment following his in-game tackling attempt. LMAO

Hootie
01-21-2015, 03:44 PM
So you have no argument.

I hope the NFL rapes your fucking team.

He does it all the time. When he has nothing, he just screams "hootie gotta hootie."

He's embarrassing.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 03:44 PM
did Tomlin once get fined $500K and a 1st round pick for Spygate?

Repeat offenders putting a black eye on the league.

Enough is enough.

Belichick out for a year.

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Hey, dumbass, the Panthers were caught doing something against the rules. Nothing happened. Like I said, it's a $25k fine baseline, and idiots screaming about "I hope the NFL rapes your ****ing team" are ****ing morons. Take it from one of the Colts players:

https://twitter.com/Dallen83/status/557793603700154369

Tell me about the massive Tomlin punishment following his in-game tackling attempt. LMAO

How many times did Tomlin or the Panthers break the rules again after that?

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 03:49 PM
did Tomlin once get fined $500K and a 1st round pick for Spygate?

Repeat offenders putting a black eye on the league.

Enough is enough.

Belichick out for a year.

:LOL:

This is what some of you are siding with

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 03:49 PM
How many times did Tomlin or the Panthers break the rules again after that?

It happened in November. Is this the best you've got?

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 03:50 PM
It happened in November. Is this the best you've got?

So far your defense is that "EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT" or "YOU JUST HATE THE PATS FOR WINNING". Your excuses are bullshit.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 03:54 PM
:LOL:

This is what some of you are siding with

and you're suggesting a $25K fine

...Marshawn Lynch was fined $100K for not cooperating with the media

the Pats continuously cheat and it's time to lay down the gauntlet

enough is enough

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 03:55 PM
So far your defense is that "EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT" or "YOU JUST HATE THE PATS FOR WINNING".

I haven't made a defense. As a matter of fact, I pointed out what the punishment is, according to the guidelines, as a counter to your idiocy.

Your excuses are bullshit.

I haven't made any excuses. I pointed out the truth of the situation. Nowhere did I say that the Patriots shouldn't be penalized if they are found to have done wrong.

Care to keep going? You're making Hootie proud.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Pretend Spygate was Belichick's 1st strike in the MLB steroid policy (50 games) ...

This penalty should be twice as bad. Repeat offender.

Sean Payton got 1 year for bounty gate. 1 year.

That should be the minimum penalty for Belichick. And the fact Brady goes along with this cheating? Hurts his legacy.

Just Passin' By
and you're suggesting a $25K fine

...Marshawn Lynch was fined $100K for not cooperating with the media

the Pats continuously cheat and it's time to lay down the gauntlet

enough is enough

See, you don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Again.

Lynch was not fined $100k for not cooperating with the media.

Hootie
LMAO

$25K fine for what Mark Brunell calls, "a distinct competitive advantage."

Marshawn Lynch!?

$100K for not talking to the media!

Yeah!

$25K fine! Perfect!

Hootie
01-21-2015, 03:58 PM
I think I'll side with Mark Brunell and Jerome Bettis over Just Passin' By about the extent of this cheating scandal ... which they both consider significant.

Let Belichick lose 1 more Super Bowl and then blacklist him.

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 03:58 PM
See, you don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Again.

Lynch was not fined $100k for not cooperating with the media.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24821432/marshawn-lynch-fined-100000-for-avoiding-media

Hootie
01-21-2015, 03:59 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24821432/marshawn-lynch-fined-100000-for-avoiding-media

"Hootie said he didn't cooperate! He was wrong. He was fined for avoiding, it's different!!!!"

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 04:01 PM

You didn't even read your own link.

"Marshawn Lynch has been fined $50,000 for violating the NFL Media Policy," the league said in a statement. "In addition, the league will collect the $50,000 fine that was imposed following violations of the media policy during the 2013 season but held in abeyance in anticipation of future cooperation."

I may have to start calling you Hootie 2.1

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 04:02 PM
https://twitter.com/mattleinartqb/status/557943575585882112

Yup. They do it for kickers and QBs and I could ****ing Care less.
I think they should be able to have the balls any way they want them as long as the balls are brand new and not broken in repainted balls like the kickers used to bring and use
I think its no different than being able to wear a glove on your throwing hand.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 04:03 PM
oh LMAO

I'm sorry!

$50K for not talking to the media!

$25K for in game ball tampering!

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Just Passin' By!

Hootie
01-21-2015, 04:04 PM
Bob Ryan on Around the Horn: "they have to be punished. they have to be punished."

$25K!?

LMFAO

GoChargers
01-21-2015, 04:04 PM
Not to worry, folks... Brandon "steroids, DPI, defensive holding" Browner is here to defend cheating:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/brandon-browner-weighs-in-on-deflated-balls-inflate-this/#comments

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Yup. They do it for kickers and QBs and I could ****ing Care less.
I think they should be able to have the balls any way they want them as long as the balls are brand new and not broken in repainted balls like the kickers used to bring and use
I think its no different than being able to wear a glove on your throwing hand.

If it seems to be that some QB's prefer a ball a certain way, say to fit their hand better, then I don't know why the NFL doesn't allow it. On the other hand what about those catching it?

Hootie
01-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Belichick should probably get at least a 4 game ban.

blaise
01-21-2015, 04:08 PM
oh LMAO

I'm sorry!

$50K for not talking to the media!

$25K for in game ball tampering!

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Just Passin' By!

They must not feel like it's as big a deal as you do.

GoChargers
01-21-2015, 04:10 PM
So far your defense is that "EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT" or "YOU JUST HATE THE PATS FOR WINNING". Your excuses are bullshit.

The funniest thing about the "everyone else was doing it" excuse is that, if we go with that argument, we have to point out that Josh McDaniels tried to emulate Spygate with the Broncos (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/spygate-ii-nfl-fines-broncos-coach-josh-mcdaniels-team-employee-videotaped-49ers-walkthrough-article-1.454047) and Charlie Weis did the same at Notre Dame. (http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2008/09/notre-dame-football-charlie-weis-cheating-scandal/)

The "everyone else did it" excuse actually only further proves that there's a culture of cheating around the Patriots organization, and it's so deeply ingrained that former coaches end up resorting to similar tactics at their next jobs.

beach tribe
LMFAO

Brunell talking about how much of advantage a QB has if the ball is under-deflated

Rodgers came on and said there is NO ADVANTAGE whatsoever to an over-inflated ball...none. He said there should ABSOLUTELY be a rule against an under-deflated ball.

Anything else?

(Oh, and Jerome Bettis also said that an under-deflated ball was a HUGE advantage for RB's, too)

I am a former HS QB and backup college QB.
ir depends on the size of your hand and power of your arm. It absolutely is an advantage for a guy with Rodgers hands and arm to have an over inflated ball.
And it is also an advantage for an older weaker arm to have an underinflated ball.
I just don't care. I wanted my ball underinflated.......and it ALWAYS was.

Hootie
It clearly wasn't a big deal in terms of how the game played out. What if the game ended 38-35 with Tom throwing a TD in the last minute in a monsoon using a tampered ball?

Then, you know ... people would probably be outraged they wouldn't be forced to forfeit the game.

I look forward to seeing the outcome. From what I've heard, Kraft wasn't too happy about Spygate.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 04:11 PM
ir depends on the size of your hand and power of your arm. It absolutely is an advantage for a guy with Rodgers hands and arm to have an over inflated ball.
And it is also an advantage for an older weaker arm to have an underinflated ball.

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

lolololololololol

roflllllllllllll

beach tribe

division 8 waterboy comparing himself to a professional QB

Hootie
01-21-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm a terrific madden player ... I want my football to be inflated to NFL standards because I don't want my madden reputation to be tarnished in any way, shape, or form!

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Hilarious that this was posted on the 2nd page, and wasn't touched with a 10-foot pole.

Rausch
01-21-2015, 04:13 PM
The funniest thing about the "everyone else was doing it" excuse is that, if we go with that argument, we have to point out that Josh McDaniels tried to emulate Spygate with the Broncos (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/spygate-ii-nfl-fines-broncos-coach-josh-mcdaniels-team-employee-videotaped-49ers-walkthrough-article-1.454047) and Charlie Weis did the same at Notre Dame. (http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2008/09/notre-dame-football-charlie-weis-cheating-scandal/)

The "everyone else did it" excuse actually only further proves that there's a culture of cheating around the Patriots organization, and it's so deeply ingrained that former coaches end up resorting to similar tactics at their next jobs.

The Hoodie does it, wins, and pays the price after winning.

Why would he stop?

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Lololol douche city population this guy. No you weren't, but even if you were, who cares? Is that your attempt at trying to be an authority on this subject.
http://i.imgur.com/H0Whs.gif

Hootie
01-21-2015, 04:15 PM
spygate didn't help!

weis and mcdaniels go try and cheat using illegal videotape anyways!

yep

no advantage at all!

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 04:16 PM
As a backup QB, Beach Tribe always requested that his football be underinflated accordingly. ROFL

Hootie
01-21-2015, 04:16 PM
i am a former high school football and jv college football ball boy

our qb on each team told me i better make sure those balls were deflated or he'd steal my lunch money

beach tribe?! you dick

GoChargers
01-21-2015, 04:18 PM

It's nice to know you had exacting standards for the footballs you never got to throw.

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 04:18 PM
http://www.glendale.edu/Modules/ShowImage.aspx?imageid=275
Beach Tribe, I think I see you! Front row, right?

Jim Lahey
01-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Alex Smith must request sand in his balls since he can't chuck it past 5 yards.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 04:20 PM
beach tribe did call his own plays, I remember that from being his ball boy

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 04:39 PM
It's nice to know you had exacting standards for the footballs you never got to throw.

Hey, I got to throw two passes!!!!:harumph:

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Hey, I got to throw two passes!!!!:harumph:
So if you only threw 2 passes as a backup QB, why the hell would the underinflation of the football matter?

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 04:42 PM
http://www.glendale.edu/Modules/ShowImage.aspx?imageid=275
Beach Tribe, I think I see you! Front row, right?

I was 1-9 in HS and lost my BU QB job that I got as a walk on after 1 season.
I'm not an authority on anything, but I do know a little bit about this.
And, yeah. I may have sucked at QB, but I took it very seriously.

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 04:43 PM
So if you only threw 2 passes as a backup QB, why the hell would the underinflation of the football matter?

It's called preparation you fucking idiot.

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 04:44 PM
I was 1-9 in HS and lost my BU QB job that I got as a walk on after 1 season.
I'm not an authority on anything, but I do know a little bit about this.
And, yeah. I may have sucked at QB, but I took it very seriously.
No worries, I'm just being a dick because you were a huge dick to me for no reason in prior threads.

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 04:45 PM
As a backup QB, Beach Tribe always requested that his football be underinflated accordingly. ROFL

I didn't request it. I did it myself.
As a backup QB my DREAM was getting on that field and I went into every game expecting to do so.

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 04:46 PM
It's called preparation you ****ing idiot.
Yep, when airing up footballs, you gotta strategically cater to the backup QB in preparation.
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/I+agree+you+re+one+of+those+douchebags+andersbreivik+_0d86d5229e606101140e00869ef16322.jpg

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 04:46 PM
No worries, I'm just being a dick because you were a huge dick to me for no reason in prior threads.

No reason?
C'mon.

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 04:47 PM
I didn't request it. I did it myself.
As a backup QB my DREAM was getting on that field and I went into every game expecting to do so.
While I never played college football, I did play 4 years in high school. The idea that a player (let alone the fucking backup quarterback) would be in charge of the inflation of a football is baffling.

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 04:47 PM
No reason?
C'mon.
No reason whatsoever.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Epic trolling going on in this thread. What a joy.

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 04:58 PM
While I never played college football, I did play 4 years in high school. The idea that a player (let alone the ****ing backup quarterback) would be in charge of the inflation of a football is baffling.

I had a pump needle to deflate the balls with on the sidelines.
I had towel with Crisco on it, and a hand warmer full flooring adhesive.
I also had a hand warmer full of atomic balm in HS that I used to rub all over opponents faces in the bottom of the pile when I played FS in HS,
:fire:

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 05:10 PM
While I never played college football, I did play 4 years in high school. The idea that a player (let alone the ****ing backup quarterback) would be in charge of the inflation of a football is baffling.

I was the starter in HS BTW.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 05:11 PM
***BREAKING NEWS***

beach tribe, a junior varsity high school starter, deflated his footballs before games ... the Pats officially exonerated of any wrong doing

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 05:13 PM
I had a pump needle to deflate the balls with on the sidelines.
I had towel with Crisco on it, and a hand warmer full flooring adhesive.
I also had a hand warmer full of atomic balm in HS that I used to rub all over opponents faces in the bottom of the pile when I played FS in HS,
:fire:

You could have saved a bunch of typing if you had just put "I was a douchebag" instead.

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 05:13 PM
***BREAKING NEWS***

beach tribe, a junior varsity high school starter, deflated his footballs before games ... the Pats officially exonerated of any wrong doing

***OLD NEWS***

Hootie is a gullible moron..

Hootie
01-21-2015, 05:15 PM
the odds of beach tribe being a QB are not good

his reflexes in madden were awful

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 05:17 PM
You could have saved a bunch of typing if you had just put "I was a douchebag" instead.

Losing sucks, bro.

Seriously, though.

The beatings I took through the first couple games fucked with my head.
It was supposed to be the greatest time of my life, but the brutal beatings and some off the field issues had me in a very ugly state of mind.

So...

I was a douchebag.

Bufkin
01-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Epic trolling going on in this thread. What a joy.
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1385/84/1385844349988.jpg

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 05:19 PM
the odds of beach tribe being a QB are not good

his reflexes in madden were awful

While you were honing your thumbs I was honing my arm.

Oh, and BTW......madden is not like real football. Especially for cheesers like you.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 05:25 PM
yeah I cheesed my way to picking you off with Berry about 9 times

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Truth be told, I did deflate the balls in HS.
I rubbed atomic balm in one dudes face.
I poked a guy in the eye.
I hit a guy in throat.
Stepped on multiple hands.
Deflating the balls is the only act I don't feel bad about.
Like I said, I was in a bad state of mind in those days.
Very angry. I fought a lot. Drank a lot.
That was a very long time ago.

eDave
01-21-2015, 05:26 PM

This is getting lame.

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 05:27 PM

We played Madden 2008. God, you are a dumbass.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 05:28 PM
We played Madden 2008. God, you are a dumbass.
No, bro, lol

We played 2012 ... I played you on the 360 ... 2008 I only had on the original. Maybe we played 2011.

beach tribe
01-21-2015, 05:31 PM
I haven't owned Madden since 2010.
And I haven't lived in the house I was in when we played since 2009, so.....yeah.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 05:34 PM
The referee for the game was Walt Anderson. A key question in the investigation is whether the balls improperly passed inspection or were either switched or tampered with after Anderson's inspection.

http://weei.stats.com/fb/story.asp?i=20150121163846575457608&ref=rec&tm=17&src=NFL

splatbass
01-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Only if Green Bay, Vikings, Bucs and( possibly even the Giants if nothing is supposed to be done to the balls whatsoever) and other teams got that for a punishment.

"They did it too" is not a legitimate excuse. it is something kids try and good parents see right through.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 06:03 PM
"They did it too" is not a legitimate excuse. it is something kids try and good parents see right through.

That's what's called a strawman argument. I didn't say that anywhere. I said the punishment should be equal to what others got for the same offense.

MagicHef
01-21-2015, 06:06 PM
That's what's called a strawman argument. I didn't say that anywhere. I said the punishment should be equal to what others got for the same offense.

What the Patriots are being investigated for (and no, it is not yet proven) is tampering with the footballs AFTER the refs approved them. Surely you can see that this is not "the same offense".

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 06:10 PM
When you get your 2nd DUI.....you should be punished the same as the people who get their 1st.....amirite?!

GoChargers
01-21-2015, 07:01 PM
When you get your 2nd DUI.....you should be punished the same as the people who get their 1st.....amirite?!

By Boston homer "logic," all DUI's should just be swept under the rug. After all, if you're capable of driving while sober, it doesn't matter if you had a few drinks. :rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-21-2015, 08:02 PM
You are pure fucking AIDS. I literally hope some traveling customer from Boston beats you to death with your serving tray.

srvy
01-21-2015, 08:52 PM
In http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/tom-brady/deflating-footballs/deflate-gate

Now this?

In all honesty what is he supposed to do? Breakdown like he was just cross examined by Perry Mason or Matlock?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-21-2015, 10:18 PM
In

In all honesty what is he supposed to do? Breakdown like he was just cross examined by Perry Mason or Matlock?

Angela Landsbury could break him!

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 10:23 PM

Drunk driving kills. Deflated footballs don't. Bad analogy.

Jim Lahey
01-21-2015, 11:13 PM
http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/herm-edwards.jpg

Hootie
01-22-2015, 12:43 AM
You are pure fucking AIDS. I literally hope some traveling customer from Boston beats you to death with your serving tray.

you have no idea what I do for a living

I will say, without a doubt, I do know I make more money than you ... meth head

ClevelandBronco
01-22-2015, 01:05 AM
Which thread gets this? All of them?

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/play/toms-big-balls-25751615/

Dylan
01-22-2015, 01:06 AM
New York Times columnist William C. Rhoden, is scathing about the NFL's 'continuing erosion' of their tarnished product. Then it says, "Here comes old reliable, the New England Patriots accused of cheating in the most absurd sort of way." LMAO

Excerpt: "Patriots Drag the N.F.L. Back Into Turbulence"
If Goodell wants to make a forceful statement, he should suspend Belichick for the Super Bowl. If he doesn’t, Belichick wins. But more likely, the N.F.L. will turn to its familiar playbook, go for the wallets again and call it a day.

If the balls were deflated on purpose, what he should hear Goodell saying is, “You’re going to have to win the Super Bowl without Belichick.”

For a change, let the joke be on New England.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/sports/football/patriots-drag-league-back-into-scandal.html?ref=sports

Dylan
01-22-2015, 01:36 AM
The New York Times: New England Patriot's significantly under-inflated football:

The Rules: The urethane bladder inside the ball must be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds of pressure. The ball can weigh 14 to 15 ounces

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/2015/01/21/nfl-balls/dbea5a71e59126c4536164883d148e43de608156/football-grip720-ai2html-600.png

11 of them came in under-inflated by two pounds of air (PSI) when weighed during the Patriots’ 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.

Deflated Ball Strategy
Many players find that deflated balls are easier to grip, throw and catch, particularly in wet weather. It rained for most of the game in question. One downside to deflated balls is that they don’t travel as far when thrown. This disadvantage would have been less important to the Patriots, whose offense relies on mostly short passes. The Colts, who would have used their own footballs, tend to throw more long balls.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/01/21/sports/football/nfl-investigation-patriots-deflated-footballs.html

Illustration: Passes in A.F.C. Championship Game

Yards the ball traveled in the air for passes beyond the line of scrimmage.
Incomplete pass Completed pass

New England Patriots
76%of attempts were less than ten yards

Indianapolis Colts
57%of attempts wereless than ten yards

http://nyti.ms/1J9u3ef Illustration - Scroll down

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2015, 06:37 AM
you have no idea what I do for a living

I will say, without a doubt, I do know I make more money than you ... meth head

I'm sure giving out free hand jobs with every Grand Slam breakfast nets you a fortune in tips!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1333347277_hercules-nutty-professor-o.gif