PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Sharing my pain with you guys

Coochie liquor
01-29-2015, 05:44 AM
Five years ago today I woke up to my worst nightmare. My only son, had taken his own life. Unless you have lived through the loss of a child, it's an impossible feeling to understand. We had a good relationship (at least I think we did), shared the same name, sense of humor, taste in music, and movies. Almost everything. Like any father/son relationship we had some tough times, but always worked through it quickly. I always apologized when I was wrong, and couldn't have loved him more.
I can't believe it's been 5 years. It's like the world keeps spinning, and moving into the future, while I'm still stuck on Jan 29, 2010. He was 11 days from turning 17 when he passed, he was just days away from watching his favorite team the Colts play in the Super Bowl. His future was so bright, and he had so much going in his favor, so I'll never understand exactly why he felt taking his own life was his only alternative. I still cry about it a lot, my head is still messed up, and will never be the same. Time doesn't heal ALL wounds.
If you care to watch it, here's a video I made for him. http://youtu.be/zWoyr7jU6Gc

I love you TJ, and miss you every single day. I will mourn your death until the day we are finally reunited.

mdchiefsfan
01-29-2015, 05:49 AM
Damn, man. Sorry for your loss. My best to you and yours.

Ming the Merciless
01-29-2015, 05:54 AM
My son is named TJ

can't even imagine this man....

Big hug to you and thoughts & prayers.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
01-29-2015, 05:58 AM
omg....no idea how you can cope with this - horrible on so many levels. thanks for putting today in perspective...and sharing.

Superbowltrashcan
01-29-2015, 06:03 AM
So sorry for your pain. Lost my brother almost 3 years ago to overdose/suicide. Keep working to get better and understand you have the right to grieve however long it takes. Sharing this is a great step forward. Going up to hug my son now. Be a friend to yourself man.

The Bad Guy
01-29-2015, 06:04 AM
So freaking awful. I'm really sorry you had to go through this. Sorry for your loss.

SAUTO
01-29-2015, 06:18 AM
damn man, i couldnt even begin to imagine...

InChiefsHeaven
01-29-2015, 06:21 AM
There are no words. So sorry man. God Bless...

Red Beans
01-29-2015, 06:22 AM
I can't even fathom... much love brother.

BigMeatballDave
01-29-2015, 06:29 AM
This would have to be the worst pain imaginable.
I have one child. A son. He's 16. If something happened to him, you may as well lock me away because I would be useless to everyone.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Coochie liquor
01-29-2015, 06:41 AM
Thanks everyone. If it wasn't for having 2 daughters that need me around I surely wouldn't have made it. Right after he passed I was on the verge of joining him. I can't even put into words the pain that comes from this type of loss. Now I try and stay as positive as possible with all other aspects of my life. It's all I can do, keep moving forward, keep smiling so you don't see the pain inside. We all have our hardships in life, and nobody leaves here unscarred. One love!

Kman34
01-29-2015, 06:51 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. My nephew passed away last Jan 20th from a roll over crash. I think about him all the time but its nothing compared to what my brother is going though. Its just not right for your kids to leave this earth before you....

Katipan
01-29-2015, 07:02 AM
My son who technically is a TJ although I call him Ty lost his dad to suicide. He tells me it's okay because heaven isn't just for dead people. It's also for people that still want to live but had trouble doing it here.

His dad is having fun adventures somewhere else.
So is your son.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2015, 07:08 AM
Damn...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Personal question before I elaborate on this any further. Was he a victim of bullying, and did that play a role?

Buehler445
01-29-2015, 07:16 AM
That is almost the worst thing imaginable.

My daughter had a staph infection and my ass almost melted down. I'm quite certain I don't have the fortitude to deal with what you have.

I'm sorry for your loss brother.

BigCatDaddy
01-29-2015, 07:19 AM
Sorry man. Makes me sick just thinking about it....

Deberg_1990
01-29-2015, 07:23 AM
Incredibly Sorry for your loss.

Sorter
01-29-2015, 07:28 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Rukdafaidas
01-29-2015, 07:32 AM
As a father of 2 boys, I can only imagine what kind of pain you have had to and continue to deal with. Prayers for your continued strength and ability to keep it together for your daughters.

KC Jones
01-29-2015, 07:33 AM
oh man, this really puts my problems into perspective. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you can find some peace and joy.

Perineum Ripper
01-29-2015, 07:38 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss..I couldn't imagine how badly that hurts..I can't even begin to think of how I would react to losing one of my kids..it would be the worst thing to ever happen..I'm happy you didn't follow him and happy your girls keep you going..stay strong man

Coochie liquor
01-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Damn...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Personal question before I elaborate on this any further. Was he a victim of bullying, and did that play a role?

It's a really long story actually. Tj, and Amber (my oldest daughter) went to seperate high schools. He was in Center for advanced technology magnet program, and she was in the performing arts magnet school. He wanted to go out with a girl that went to my daughters school, but she had caused some drama between herself and some other kids and my daughter. We told him that that was a bad idea, and that we did not approve of him dating this girl. So they must have come up with a plan to say he was dating a different girl who was her best friend. This went on for at least a year without us knowing. His fake girlfriend's parents would come pick him up to supposedly take him on dates with her to movies etc., and we explained to her on more than one occasions that if Elizabeth was going to be anywhere near them that we did not want him there. We told her parents we did not approve of Elizabeth and that we didn't want them around each other. But unfortunately her parents felt that they could lie to us and pick him up and say that they were taking them on dates but really they were dropping him off at her house. We even dropped him off for homecoming at her house got pictures of them in their homecoming outfits and left so they could go to dinner and homecoming. But unfortunately that was all a lie. Lana's parents were in on it and apparently didn't care that we didn't want our son near Elizabeth. We had to move after I lost my job, we only moved a few miles away but we were out of the neighborhood that we had lived in and was going to be much harder for him to sneak around and see her. So he broke up with her and told her if it was meant to be then they would get back together when he turned 18. Well she must of got mad and put the things that my son had given her in an envelope with a letter and tried to give it to my daughter. She told her to take it to my wife so she would know that TJ had been lying this whole time. My daughter told her to do it herself, that she wasn't going to be part of it. And then one day my daughter accidentally slipped and told my wife that they had been seeing each other. You were pretty upset with the situation, but he said that he had broke it off and I told him if that was the truth then we would drop it. The next night he took his own life. So it wasn't really a bullying situation, but it had a lot to do with parents of other kids lying for him, and not listening to our requests when it came to our child. Of course they get to continue with their lives, and with their child. We are stuck trying to pick up the pieces of a broken family, broken hearts, shattered dreams, and never being able to see our son again. Most people deserve to die before their child does.

Why Not?
01-29-2015, 08:05 AM
No words. Just love to you and your family. You guys are heroes to me.

Amnorix
01-29-2015, 08:07 AM
Damn. I'm very, very sorry for your loss.

ClevelandBronco
01-29-2015, 08:19 AM
It's really amazing that you could share that with us. Peace to you, sir.

Brock
01-29-2015, 08:21 AM
Sorry my man. That's a godawful thing to go through.

Sandy Vagina
01-29-2015, 08:29 AM
oh man, this really puts my problems into perspective. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you can find some peace and joy.

THIS

Props to you for staying strong and being there for your family.

KC native
01-29-2015, 08:31 AM
Shitty situation man.

I've lost a couple really good friends to unexpected suicides. It sucks for everyone involved.

Simply Red
01-29-2015, 08:38 AM
Most people deserve to die before their child does.

I know that's tough. Hang in there CL - thoughts are w/ you today!

Dallas Chief
01-29-2015, 08:39 AM
So sorry for your loss man. I hope that you are finding at least a small bit of peace knowing that you will be reunited with TJ one day. Prayers to you and your family...

raybec 4
01-29-2015, 08:41 AM
Grab some sticky, sit back and celebrate the time you had.......Time, just for you bro

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6mzAGRY7uo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

King_Chief_Fan
01-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Five years ago today I woke up to my worst nightmare. My only son, had taken his own life. Unless you have lived through the loss of a child, it's an impossible feeling to understand. We had a good relationship (at least I think we did), shared the same name, sense of humor, taste in music, and movies. Almost everything. Like any father/son relationship we had some tough times, but always worked through it quickly. I always apologized when I was wrong, and couldn't have loved him more.
I can't believe it's been 5 years. It's like the world keeps spinning, and moving into the future, while I'm still stuck on Jan 29, 2010. He was 11 days from turning 17 when he passed, he was just days away from watching his favorite team the Colts play in the Super Bowl. His future was so bright, and he had so much going in his favor, so I'll never understand exactly why he felt taking his own life was his only alternative. I still cry about it a lot, my head is still messed up, and will never be the same. Time doesn't heal ALL wounds.
If you care to watch it, here's a video I made for him. http://youtu.be/zWoyr7jU6Gc

I love you TJ, and miss you every single day. I will mourn your death until the day we are finally reunited.

You are right, we can't understand from the experience, we can understand only a little from your sharing...thanks for sharing.
Prayers for you and your family

Graystoke
01-29-2015, 08:47 AM
Sorry for your loss.
I don't know how people do it. My brother died when I was 13 and he was 16. It was bad for me, but for my Parents it was devastating.
As a Parent now, it is always on my mind. I never want to go through what my Parents or you have been through. It never ends.
I am so sorry.

Mr. Kotter
01-29-2015, 08:50 AM
So sorry. Thanks for sharing. I can't even imagine. Makes me thankful that (so far) my own kids have understand that high school romances are usually far more trouble than they are worth. I know there are exceptions, but it's a fact that I've witnessed over the course of my 22 years in the classroom. We've had at lest 12-15 suicides during that time, and 2/3rds of them were mostly the result of young love gone bad. With our kids, we planted seeds early that took root. We consider ourselves lucky. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I hope and pray that I never have to go through the hell that you have endured. I'm not sure I'd have the strength and courage necessary to have weathered it as well as you. God bless.

kappa72202
01-29-2015, 09:11 AM
I can't even imagine the pain you feel. I am sorry for your loss. Keep him in your heart always.

BoneKrusher
01-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Speechless Man.
Prayers to comfort you and your Family.

Dave Lane
01-29-2015, 09:17 AM
Here's a thought. How about you honor your sons memory by becoming the person, poster and example for everything you hoped he would become. That everyday your actions and interactions show the world the love you held for him. Crazy but a thought.

tooge
01-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Man, there are no words. Time doesn't heal all wounds. Certainly not one like this. I know this, since you were close to him, and since the two of you shared so many things, he would want to be happy even without him here. That is for sure. So sorry.

dlawilliams
01-29-2015, 09:23 AM
So sorry for your loss.

I lost my 9 year old son just over a year ago to leukemia.

Yours would have to be worse. I knew it was coming and could say my goodbyes. That said, losing a child is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2015, 09:52 AM
It's a really long story actually. Tj, and Amber (my oldest daughter) went to seperate high schools. He was in Center for advanced technology magnet program, and she was in the performing arts magnet school. He wanted to go out with a girl that went to my daughters school, but she had caused some drama between herself and some other kids and my daughter. We told him that that was a bad idea, and that we did not approve of him dating this girl. So they must have come up with a plan to say he was dating a different girl who was her best friend. This went on for at least a year without us knowing. His fake girlfriend's parents would come pick him up to supposedly take him on dates with her to movies etc., and we explained to her on more than one occasions that if Elizabeth was going to be anywhere near them that we did not want him there. We told her parents we did not approve of Elizabeth and that we didn't want them around each other. But unfortunately her parents felt that they could lie to us and pick him up and say that they were taking them on dates but really they were dropping him off at her house. We even dropped him off for homecoming at her house got pictures of them in their homecoming outfits and left so they could go to dinner and homecoming. But unfortunately that was all a lie. Lana's parents were in on it and apparently didn't care that we didn't want our son near Elizabeth. We had to move after I lost my job, we only moved a few miles away but we were out of the neighborhood that we had lived in and was going to be much harder for him to sneak around and see her. So he broke up with her and told her if it was meant to be then they would get back together when he turned 18. Well she must of got mad and put the things that my son had given her in an envelope with a letter and tried to give it to my daughter. She told her to take it to my wife so she would know that TJ had been lying this whole time. My daughter told her to do it herself, that she wasn't going to be part of it. And then one day my daughter accidentally slipped and told my wife that they had been seeing each other. You were pretty upset with the situation, but he said that he had broke it off and I told him if that was the truth then we would drop it. The next night he took his own life. So it wasn't really a bullying situation, but it had a lot to do with parents of other kids lying for him, and not listening to our requests when it came to our child. Of course they get to continue with their lives, and with their child. We are stuck trying to pick up the pieces of a broken family, broken hearts, shattered dreams, and never being able to see our son again. Most people deserve to die before their child does.

Man, that is just horrible. I know how personal this all is so I Thank you for your willingness to answer that question. I just Can't put into words how sorry I am for your family. Most horrible thing anyone could go through is losing a child I think.

stevieray
01-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Takes major courage to share this, and even more courage to deal with it everyday.

God Bless you and your family.

....prayers.

Gonzo
01-29-2015, 09:57 AM
Christ... That's terrible man. I'm sorry that happened to you and your family.
Kids that age are ruled by their emotions.
Hang in there brother.

Sully
01-29-2015, 10:00 AM
I can't ever truly know the pain you feel. I think it's probably healthy to share. I really don't know what I'd do in your place. Praying for peace for you, man. Paint for you to continue healing.

If you ever need a stranger to just talk to, let me know.

Spokane Chief Fan
01-29-2015, 10:07 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

In58men
01-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Damn my wife is currently pregnant with my first son. I'm all fucked up now

ChiTown
01-29-2015, 10:14 AM

Coochie - No words from me could even be worthy of touching a subject like this. I have no point of reference to even acknowledge what you and your Family have gone through. I'll just say, thanks for sharing. Your strength is an inspiration to all of us who have teenage kids. We never really know completely what's going on in the minds. We hope and pray that they are okay, but you never really know.

So sorry for your loss, but again, I appreciate the courage it took to share this with the group. God bless ya.

Donger
01-29-2015, 10:18 AM
I can't even begin to imagine the pain. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Hootie
01-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Takes major courage to share this, and even more courage to deal with it everyday.

God Bless you and your family.

....prayers.
This.

Easy 6
01-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Guess all I can say is hang in there, you may well see him again one day.

Meatloaf
01-29-2015, 10:45 AM
CL, so terribly sorry to hear about your tragic loss. Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Lonewolf Ed
01-29-2015, 11:01 AM
You've suffered probably the worst blow any parent can. I am so very sorry for that, and you are right, time won't heal that wound. You just have to keep keeping on and realize that you won't forget him as the years keep adding up. It's no use to torment yourself seeking answers, because there likely is no good one. Hang in there, as hard as it is.

Just Passin' By
01-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Sorry for your loss

Lzen
01-29-2015, 11:21 AM
Check your PMs, Coochie. That's a terrible thing to have to go through. No parent deserves that kind of pain. My condolences.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Wow ! That's really sad. Something you will never get over. You can only learn to live with it. I only have one child and she's the reason I come home every day. I went through a tough time in 2008-10 and if not for her I wouldn't be here now. You are definitely in out thoughts and prayers.

beach tribe
01-29-2015, 12:58 PM
One of my best friend's daughter took her life at the age of 14 last year.

Can't even fucking imagine.

Sorry for your loss.

|Zach|
01-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Can't imagine. All the best to you.

hometeam
01-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Very tragic.

My condolences. I cant imagine what it would be like. Even thinking about something happening to my boy gets me teary eyed.

Buck
01-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Sorry CL

jenksme
01-29-2015, 01:26 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Rain Man
01-29-2015, 01:32 PM
My condolences to you. What a terrible and unfortunate situation for everyone involved.

rtmike
01-29-2015, 01:36 PM
I have some dirt in my eyes.

We lost 4 due to miscarriages so when we finally had our daughter it was our miracle. Her & I don't have much of a relationship. Of course she's 14 next month & she's at that age my wife says. Still...

I've had a bunch of bad shit happen in my life but if something ever happened to her, pretty sure I'd be right behind her. I'm not at a strong place in life & that would be it.

I can't imagine cause I don't want to.

I took our daughter to get her braces tightened earlier this morning & we came home cause there was something she forgot she said. Well we got home & she texted me out in the car that she didn't want to go to school.
So now my wife & I are scared somethings up at school. She won't say but she did tell my wife she was depressed last month. I'm scared to death...

Coochie liquor
01-29-2015, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the prayers, and positive vibes everyone. Were gonna get our family together tonight and have dinner together in his honor. One of the worst parts for me is that I have to block so much out of my memory in order to make it through each day. When my thoughts start to gravitate towards him, whether good or ba memories come thru it's always instant tears. So now I can't even think about him as much as I want to because it still causes so much pain. I think my body absorbed as much pain as it could an just blocks the rest out mostly. Causes my memory to be very horrible, I forget everything because just like my life, my brain also changed the day he passed away. Again thanks to everyone for lifting me up with your positivity!

DaKCMan AP
01-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Sorry for your loss. It was great to meet you at the Steelers watch meetup last year. Hope to see you at some of the watch parties in 2015!

siberian khatru
01-29-2015, 02:31 PM
Props to you for your strength and courage. I don't know if I could have made it this far.

Mr. Wizard
01-29-2015, 03:22 PM
I am SO sorry, I have 3 children and my biggest fear is losing one of them before I die. I just can not imagine what that kind of grief would be like. I hope you find a way to look forward somehow. I have lost several people dear to me and I am going to pass the best advice I have ever received on to you.
Learn to ask yourself "what would he want for me" when thinking about your life or when making decisions ask yourself "what would he want me to do". I have no doubt that TJ loved you and still does and that he wants you to be happy and be able to look forward to life again. Look forward for him, because that's what he wants.
Godspeed my friend, Godspeed.

BigRedChief
01-29-2015, 03:28 PM

I love you TJ, and miss you every single day. I will mourn your death until the day we are finally reunited.Man that takes some big balls to share. I can never really understand that level of pain. I'm sorry for your and the families loss. Why don't you come out to the Chiefs group events more often? We'd be happy to have ya. We had a friggin blast with the cocktail crawl. Might give you a few hours to smile anyway.

Prison Bitch
01-29-2015, 03:34 PM
Here's a thought. How about you honor your sons memory by becoming the person, poster and example for everything you hoped he would become. That everyday your actions and interactions show the world the love you held for him. Crazy but a thought.

WTF?

ModSocks
01-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Man....that's awful.

I don't even want to try to imagine.....

Respect. It must take some crazy strength to push yourself through that.

I can't even....don't even want to imagine being in your shoes.

The Franchise
01-29-2015, 05:02 PM
That's rough, man. Sorry for your loss and you're freaking strong for dealing with it every day.

I've got 3 daughters and there's no way that I could deal with losing one of them.

Sensual Lardass
01-29-2015, 05:33 PM
My heart goes out to you and yours. This past Christmas marked the 9th year anniversary of my brothers suicide. He and I were twins and were about as close as two brothers can be. He suffered for years with depression but was one of those who fought all treatment. He finally had enough that Christmas day and stepped in front of a train. I can say that the hurt does eventually mellow and leaves you with mostly good memories. Help is out there for families dealing with this so don't hesitate to reach out if you feel the need. May God bless you, Chris.

Mr. Kotter
01-29-2015, 05:38 PM
WTF?

I sometimes think Dave is unable to distinguish when it is okay to be a dick, and when it's not really appropriate. I have had the same difficulty in the past, but made an effort to be better of late...not always succeeding. I think we all do it at times; hopefully less so in the real world than in cyberspace.

Prison Bitch
01-29-2015, 06:34 PM
I sometimes think Dave is unable to distinguish when it is okay to be a dick, and when it's not really appropriate. I have had the same difficulty in the past, but made an effort to be better of late...not always succeeding. I think we all do it at times; hopefully less so in the real world than in cyberspace.

Gotcha. I was reflecting on what this guy wrote, reading some pretty good posts, then this clown comes in. To the OP: I can't quite formulate a response to what you posted yet. Very tough subject.

Prison Bitch
01-29-2015, 06:56 PM
Just forced myself through the video. Awesome work Coochie. As someone with zero emotional sensibility, even I got choked up a bit watching that. Because I know it's real (at least, I believe it's real, never know on the Web). The pics of him in a onesie are hard to swallow because we forget how fragile they are physically - even though humans never lose the emotional fragility.

At any rate the yellow ribbon at the end was kind of like a punch to the gut. I admire your honesty and your tribute. This was probably the only thread I've seen in 2 years I took seriously.

:thumb:

TheUte
01-29-2015, 07:49 PM
So sorry for your loss. Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Al Czervik
01-29-2015, 08:20 PM
CL....
Your strength is amazing and your son would be extremely proud of you TCB and being their for his mom and sisters...
Peace to you and your family....

RIP to your son!

Dave Lane
01-29-2015, 09:03 PM

So offering something to do to honor your lost son is a bad thing? Okie dokie. I thought it was much more well intentioned then "sorry for your loss"

EPodolak
01-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Thanks for sharing yourself in this thread CL, I hope it takes at least of little of the pain away.

eDave
01-29-2015, 10:27 PM
So offering something to do to honor your lost son is a bad thing? Okie dokie. I thought it was much more well intentioned then "sorry for your loss"

In his defense, it read like you were using this post to call him out as a bad person. But I know better than that of you. I understood your true intention.

Ming the Merciless
01-29-2015, 10:32 PM

you are truly a dishonest piece of shit, own your words

Pablo
01-29-2015, 10:39 PM
That's tough man. Best wishes.

Lex Luthor
01-29-2015, 10:59 PM
I have two sons and a daughter, and occasionally I think about how devastated I would be if something happened to any of them. To have one of them take his or her own life would be my worst nightmare. I honestly don't know if I could survive it. I admire you for being able to survive it.

My deepest sympathies, CL. I'm not ashamed to say that tears were rolling down my cheeks as I watched your video tribute to your son.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2015, 11:05 PM

When I first read it, I thought "What the fuck?" I know you though so I picked up what you were laying down. Easily misread bro.

Dave Lane
01-30-2015, 07:02 AM
When I first read it, I thought "What the ****?" I know you though so I picked up what you were laying down. Easily misread bro.

Probably could have been clearer how about:

Do everything in your life going forward in a way that honors your sons memory.

And sorry for your loss.

Coochie liquor
01-30-2015, 07:18 AM

And sorry for your loss.

I understood the message. No worries. Never took it as anything but positive.

Coochie liquor
01-30-2015, 07:21 AM
Also we did out annual balloon release in TJ's memory last night. I can't believe it's been 5 years. Sometimes it feels like it just happened as the wound is still so fresh. Thanks to everyone for the positive thoughts, and prayers! Bless up, one love!

raybec 4
01-30-2015, 07:22 AM
I understood the message. No worries. Never took it as anything but positive.

That's all that really matters in this case. The guy who was supposed to get the message got it.

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2015, 09:56 AM

There is a time...and a place, Dave. It's not cool to kick a guy in the balls when he's down. Just sayin'

EDIT:

And sorry for your loss.

Guess I misread your intent....my apologies.

Ming the Merciless
01-30-2015, 10:36 AM
Watched the video.

Very moving tribute, thanks for sharing and putting your pain out there so we can become more aware of the issue.