PDA

View Full Version : Football Marshawn speaks

Baby Lee
01-30-2015, 01:49 AM
<iframe width="636" height="353" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MNpkSyryQz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

01-30-2015, 01:50 AM
JFC could you make it any bigger?

Baby Lee
01-30-2015, 01:53 AM

Fixed, crybaby.

01-30-2015, 01:58 AM
Fixed, crybaby.

Much better. LMAO

Direckshun
01-30-2015, 02:10 AM
That was a ton of fun, and honestly it was about as fruitful as your average sports interview.

"Farewell, chums!"

keg in kc
01-30-2015, 02:16 AM
That's what she said.

BWillie
01-30-2015, 02:51 AM
Im not sure how anybody could possibly like Richard Sherman or Marshawn Lynch. Both are punks, in different ways. Sherman is the most arrogant, self righteous acting dickhead in the game. And Marshawn Lynch wont even be a decent guy to people trying to do their job. You get paid to play a game. And who pays you? The fans. At least go thru an interview like a decent human being.

I hate Brady, Belichick and the Pats too...but Ill be rooting for them.

Direckshun
01-30-2015, 02:57 AM
Im not sure how anybody could possibly like Richard Sherman or Marshawn Lynch. Both are punks, in different ways. Sherman is the most arrogant, self righteous acting dickhead in the game. And Marshawn Lynch wont even be a decent guy to people trying to do their job. You get paid to play a game. And who pays you? The fans. At least go thru an interview like a decent human being.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the AWARD

FOR SADDEST LIFE

goes TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*opens envelope*

Baby Lee
01-30-2015, 03:01 AM

http://collegetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tumblr_lm390bs01h1qcqavbo1_500.gif

-King-
01-30-2015, 03:08 AM

The fans pay for him to be interviewed? Interesting. I guess that's why they don't even bother going to the game and just sit in the interview room waiting for him to talk.

And here I thought Seahawks fans loved watching Marshawn play football. How silly of me!

BWillie
01-30-2015, 03:20 AM
The fans pay for him to be interviewed? Interesting. I guess that's why they don't even bother going to the game and just sit in the interview room waiting for him to talk.

And here I thought Seahawks fans loved watching Marshawn play football. How silly of me!
Being interviewed is part of his job. Dealing with the media is part of his job. If it wasnt for fans, yeah, he would have no job. He would likely be some chode like you or me. The fans drive everything. The media is there to provide coverage for the fans. Its just childish. I would equate what Marshawn Lynch is doing to a retail worker stocking shelves and just refusing to acknowledge the customer at all, someone just asking where the bread is or something and the overnight stocker saying, "Im just here to pay my rent. Dont inconvenience me". It just boggles my mind how so many ppl are on Marshawn Lynchs side.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 03:41 AM
Being interviewed is part of his job. Dealing with the media is part of his job. If it wasnt for fans, yeah, he would have no job. He would likely be some chode like you or me. The fans drive everything. The media is there to provide coverage for the fans. Its just childish. I would equate what Marshawn Lynch is doing to a retail worker stocking shelves and just refusing to acknowledge the customer at all, someone just asking where the bread is or something and the overnight stocker saying, "Im just here to pay my rent. Dont inconvenience me". It just boggles my mind how so many ppl are on Marshawn Lynchs side.

It boggles my mind that you actually graduated from college, yet Roy III has more smarts.

Your views represent the lowest common denominator: The uninformed, uneducated, vanilla American.

Kudos.

BWillie
01-30-2015, 04:55 AM
It boggles my mind that you actually graduated from college, yet Roy III has more smarts.

Your views represent the lowest common denominator: The uninformed, uneducated, vanilla American.

Kudos.

I'm uneducated, because of an opinion? It cracks me up how so many on CP call others stupid and such because they have an opinion that differs from their own.

01-30-2015, 05:24 AM
That's what she said.

I doubt there is a woman alive that has ever said that.

EDIT

The youtube box was originally HUGE. LMAO

POND_OF_RED
01-30-2015, 06:39 AM

The overnight stocker is there to stock shelves. Most of them won't help you find bread because you too have eyes and a brain to find the ****ing bread. Not everyone has to go out of there way to appease you. Hire a personal shopper if you really can't find the bread and are too lazy to look for it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-30-2015, 07:47 AM
I like the man.

ClevelandBronco
01-30-2015, 08:03 AM
The overnight stocker is there to stock shelves. Most of them won't help you find bread because you too have eyes and a brain to find the ****ing bread. Not everyone has to go out of there way to appease you. Hire a personal shopper if you really can't find the bread and are too lazy to look for it.

No one was attacking your career, dude. It was just an offhand example.

Simply Red
01-30-2015, 08:08 AM
you love Conan BL.

Simply Red
01-30-2015, 08:12 AM
very entertaining - :LOL:

Simply Red
01-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Lick the gun, Lick the gun! Lick the GUN! ROFL

Red Dawg
01-30-2015, 08:22 AM

Sherman has a big mouth but speaks the truth most of the time. Lynch is just an ignorant sounding selfish asshole. He grabs his balls after scoring a TD for crying out loud. He also loves Oakland and still lives there. I can't root for the shady never on the level Pats no matter what.

Chief Roundup
01-30-2015, 08:30 AM

Geez dude.
It is nice to see a player give the media the big middle finger. The media is a huge problem. All they want to do is twist anything someone says or doesn't say to make some BS story to sell Ads.
Fuck the media. The media no where near represents the fans.

Three7s
01-30-2015, 08:38 AM
Geez dude.
It is nice to see a player give the media the big middle finger. The media is a huge problem. All they want to do is twist anything someone says or doesn't say to make some BS story to sell Ads.
**** the media. The media no where near represents the fans.
But they think they do.

PRIEST
01-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Good stuff !!

Chiefnj2
01-30-2015, 08:54 AM

So you hate the articulate player who speaks to the media and who is honest about everything. You also hate the guy who doesn't want to talk to the media. That must mean, you like the cookie cutter response guy. Let me ask you a question - what did Sweezy or Britt or Wright say that was so interesting to you this week? You have no idea, because you didn't listen to interviews. You're just complaining for the hell of it.

KC native
01-30-2015, 09:03 AM

How the fuck can you hate Richard Sherman when he goes after Goodell and the NFL like this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tLbv4_TpsL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Roundup
01-30-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm uneducated, because of an opinion?

That is generally the case. It happens when an opinion is stated that doesn't match all of the data involved surrounding the statement.
You are using uneducated broad by the way your response, reads to me anyway.
Uneducated can be broad or it can merely be in certain areas.
Your opinion on the "Lynch treatment" the media has been getting is because of the long history of the media trying to twist anything into a bad story, all the good stories are already out there, during one of the biggest weeks of these players professional lives. Lynch has stated all he cares about is his family and teammates.
If you don't know that or can't understand what Lynch is doing or trying to do then it makes you look uneducated in this one area.

InChiefsHeaven
01-30-2015, 09:08 AM
It's obvious that Marshawn is a personable, probably pretty nice guy. The media snubbing is even cooler now than before. He's not snubbing the media because he's some weird recluse, he's snubbing them because they suck. I like it...

InChiefsHeaven
01-30-2015, 09:12 AM
How the **** can you hate Richard Sherman when he goes after Goodell and the NFL like this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tLbv4_TpsL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That shit is classic. I now have no problem rooting for the Seahawks for this game.

WhawhaWhat
01-30-2015, 09:47 AM
Their reaction to the fatalities.

http://i.imgur.com/fQsCGLW.png

Sure-Oz
01-30-2015, 09:55 AM
That video was hilarious.

philfree
01-30-2015, 10:16 AM
Marshawn is a jackass. No one has made him play in the NFL and no one gives a shit about what he does off the field if he's not an NFL player. No NFL no money for the football camp/charity's. IMO he should walk away if he can't follow a few simple rules and give a few interviews without acting like the media stole his binky.

WhawhaWhat
01-30-2015, 10:22 AM
Marshawn is a jackass. No one has made him play in the NFL and no one gives a shit about what he does off the field if he's not an NFL player. No NFL no money for the football camp/charity's. IMO he should walk away if he can't follow a few simple rules and give a few interviews without acting like the media stole his binky.

He pays his fines from the NFL for not speaking. Why do you want to hear him speak so bad?

Brock
01-30-2015, 10:27 AM

He's a jackass because he refuses to indulge a bunch of self-important reporters who think covering the nfl is vital work? No.

philfree
01-30-2015, 10:30 AM
He pays his fines from the NFL for not speaking. Why do you want to hear him speak so bad?

I don't really care what he has to say so much but he took the job so he needs to take care of all his responsibilities like an adult. At this point he acts like a rich teenage brat. He does it "like a boss" though so he cool!

philfree
01-30-2015, 10:32 AM
He's a jackass because he refuses to indulge a bunch of self-important reporters who think covering the nfl is vital work? No.

Those guys are just doing their job.

The Franchise
01-30-2015, 10:37 AM
How the fuck can you hate Richard Sherman when he goes after Goodell and the NFL like this?

:LOL:

KC native
01-30-2015, 10:37 AM

Is that the same excuse you use when you get picked up for prostitution?

:D

Easy 6
01-30-2015, 10:42 AM
That Rai-Den finishing move was BOSS... holy crap.

chiefzilla1501
01-30-2015, 10:56 AM

I don't care for what these guys stand for.

But I also know these are the guys with a loud enough voice to take on Goodell. I don't know if that case is better if Seattle wins or loses. But I am with them on that.

It's also interesting that Marshawn Lynch is obligated to speak to the media while the 44 million dollar man (goodell) hasn't said one damn word about deflategate

The Franchise
01-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Honest question. Who the fuck sits down and watches the interviews? I haven't watched one.....ever.

MikeMaslowski
01-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Gronk is funny but I do not know how he fits in on a BB team. BB likes bitches who listen and don't talk, Gronk dances after losses and runs around before the SB talking about grabbing nuts and gives Conan head with a fake SB trophy...with the nemesis Lynch looking like a good buddy. Could this be a guy that BB realizes he NEEDS and won't cut him like he famously does to others?

philfree
01-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Is that the same excuse you use when you get picked up for prostitution?

:D

I don't know. Is it?

Strongside
01-30-2015, 11:26 AM
"POINT BLANK! BROAD DAYLIGHT! THAT'S THAT NEW JACK CITY, BOYEE!"

Rausch
01-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Fuck the haters.

I still love me some Big Boom Lynch...

BWillie
01-30-2015, 12:12 PM
That is generally the case. It happens when an opinion is stated that doesn't match all of the data involved surrounding the statement.
You are using uneducated broad by the way your response, reads to me anyway.
Uneducated can be broad or it can merely be in certain areas.
Your opinion on the "Lynch treatment" the media has been getting is because of the long history of the media trying to twist anything into a bad story, all the good stories are already out there, during one of the biggest weeks of these players professional lives. Lynch has stated all he cares about is his family and teammates.
If you don't know that or can't understand what Lynch is doing or trying to do then it makes you look uneducated in this one area.

Bullshit. In week 14 or something, Marshawn Lynch responded to every single question by just going "YEAH". Like a completely childish asshole. Unreal the love for those this douchebag.

As I said as well, I dislike Sherman and Lynch for different reasons. There are plenty of guys that talk to the media, are honest, and I don't dislike them. When an asshole is an asshole, they deserve to be called out.

Rausch
01-30-2015, 12:13 PM
Bullshit. In week 14 or something, Marshawn Lynch responded to every single question by just going "YEAH". Like a completely childish asshole. Unreal the love for those this douchebag.

As I said as well, I dislike Sherman and Lynch for different reasons. There are plenty of guys that talk to the media, are honest, and I don't dislike them. When an asshole is an asshole, they deserve to be called out.

Why is it a sin to not want to talk to the media?...

BWillie
01-30-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't really care what he has to say so much but he took the job so he needs to take care of all his responsibilities like an adult. At this point he acts like a rich teenage brat. He does it "like a boss" though so he cool!

You are absolutely right.

-King-
01-30-2015, 12:16 PM

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Name one.

Or do you think they're being honest when they play a 2-12 team and say "This is going to be a tough game against a tough opponents"

-King-
01-30-2015, 12:20 PM

They're doing their job poorly then. FFS, they're spending 5-10 minutes on a player that doesn't want to talk to them. If other players are giving such great and insightful answers as you guys are trying to make it seem like, doesn't it make sense that they should go to the other guys and leave Marshawn alone?

I mean why spend 5 minutes with Marshawn if Justin Britt is over there answering life's biggest questions?

-King-
01-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Honest question. Who the fuck sits down and watches the interviews? I haven't watched one.....ever.

WITHOUT THOSE INTERVIEWS, NFL PLAYERS WOULDN'T GET PAID BY THE FANS!!

....or something.

KCTitus
01-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Lynch is just another typical douchebag...I'm surprised that any media members even bother to go anywhere near him or play into the game.

I have rather enjoyed Sherman calling out the Great Leader Goodell, however.

Sorter
01-30-2015, 12:42 PM
That video was excellent.

CaliforniaChief
01-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Hilarious video. The facial expressions are priceless, especially with the female crotch punch.

BWillie
01-30-2015, 12:49 PM
You guys are defending a guy who refused to go to the locker room at halftime to be with his team. He just sat his ass there, again like a childish dickhead, as a subtle way to show his coach who's the boss. If the Seahawks weren't in the hunt for the Super Bowl or had a coach like Tom Coughlin his ass would have been suspended.

Rausch
01-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Lynch is just another typical douchebag...I'm surprised that any media members even bother to go anywhere near him or play into the game.

He doesn't want the media attention.

Why is that so hard to understand?...

-King-
01-30-2015, 12:56 PM
You guys are defending a guy who refused to go to the locker room at halftime to be with his team. He just sat his ass there, again like a childish dickhead, as a subtle way to show his coach who's the boss. Really? You really do believe every media narrative.

Which is highly ironic since Marshawn came out and said he didn't go to the locker room because he barely could walk and was getting treatment.

So what do you want? When Marshawn answers a question, you choose not to believe him. So why the fuck do you want him answering questions then if you're going to disregard everything he says?

KCTitus
01-30-2015, 01:02 PM

Actually, I believe he does...and it's working.

TimBone
01-30-2015, 01:05 PM

You have had some really awful opinions and views lately. Maybe it's always been that way and I just haven't noticed. My gosh, though.

Rausch
01-30-2015, 01:16 PM
Actually, I believe he does...and it's working.

He doesn't...

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 01:21 PM
Can't root for Cheatriots
Can't root for Seadouches

:shrug:

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/320/319529/NukeOrbit.jpg

BWillie
01-30-2015, 01:26 PM

You think he's doing this because he DOESN'T want attention? ROFL. I agree he doesn't probably like to talk to the media, but he's not talking to them because he doesn't want attention, that is for sure. He knows what he's doing. He knows. He even wears his Beast Logo hat and advertises on his website "The same hat worn in the Super Bowl interviews!"

philfree
01-30-2015, 01:29 PM
They're doing their job poorly then. FFS, they're spending 5-10 minutes on a player that doesn't want to talk to them. If other players are giving such great and insightful answers as you guys are trying to make it seem like, doesn't it make sense that they should go to the other guys and leave Marshawn alone?
I mean why spend 5 minutes with Marshawn if Justin Britt is over there answering life's biggest questions?

No because it's news when Marshawn makes an ass out of himself.

KCTitus
01-30-2015, 01:29 PM
He doesn't...

If that's the case, then he needs to rethink his strategy...because he's doing it wrong. Even when I try to avoid it, I still manage to find out what Marshawn didnt say to the media via ESPN or sports radio.

BWillie
01-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Really? You really do believe every media narrative.

Which is highly ironic since Marshawn came out and said he didn't go to the locker room because he barely could walk and was getting treatment.

So what do you want? When Marshawn answers a question, you choose not to believe him. So why the **** do you want him answering questions then if you're going to disregard everything he says?

Yeah, he couldn't walk huh? It was well known, both in the Seahawk locker room and the front office that Lynch did it as his own little personal temper tantrum. Yeah he cited he couldn't walk but clearly that was bullshit. He got the first carry of the 2nd half and had tons of carries the rest of the game. Surely walking to the locker room was more difficult than running with a football getting hit by 300 lbs men. Surely.

BWillie
01-30-2015, 01:33 PM
You have had some really awful opinions and views lately. Maybe it's always been that way and I just haven't noticed. My gosh, though.

Apparently, encouraging others to act as a decent human being instead of an arrogant asshole means you have a bad opinion.

Okay...

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 01:47 PM
You guys are defending a guy who refused to go to the locker room at halftime to be with his team. He just sat his ass there, again like a childish dickhead, as a subtle way to show his coach who's the boss. If the Seahawks weren't in the hunt for the Super Bowl or had a coach like Tom Coughlin his ass would have been suspended.

I've heard nothing but support from the entire Seahawks organization for Lynch. I might have missed something, but I'm pretty sure it's the league that has a problem with his media approach. The Seahawks are his employer, so.....

I mean, who cares about his contractual media obligations, really? His actual bosses don't seem to very much. His teammates definitely don't and neither do the Seattle fans. I understand media members getting pissed, but they mostly sound like whiny assholes about it. And I couldn't possibly care less about Goodell's power trip pissing contests.

Also, when approached the right way, I think Lynch is hilarious.

Why u mad?

Jimmya
01-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Plenty of people love the arrogant players, i don't.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm uneducated, because of an opinion? It cracks me up how so many on CP call others stupid and such because they have an opinion that differs from their own.

You may not be uneducated in the conventional sense, but your replies are consistently stupid.

Richard Sherman may come off as a self-important dick at times, but he's also one of the smartest players I've heard interviewed, and one of the very few who can articulate a cogent thought and argument, rather than spouting out meathead gibberish or cliched platitudes.

-King-
01-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Yeah, he couldn't walk huh? It was well known, both in the Seahawk locker room and the front office that Lynch did it as his own little personal temper tantrum. Yeah he cited he couldn't walk but clearly that was bullshit. He got the first carry of the 2nd half and had tons of carries the rest of the game. Surely walking to the locker room was more difficult than running with a football getting hit by 300 lbs men. Surely.

So if you think he's going to lie in interviews, why the fuck do you want to hear him do them?

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 01:50 PM
No because it's news when Marshawn makes an ass out of himself.

Then they should be thanking him. Except for the fact that this whole ongoing story makes bigger asses out of the self righteous reporters who refuse to just move the fuck on.

-King-
01-30-2015, 01:51 PM
Plenty of people love the arrogant players, i don't.

I don't care about a player's persona. People have different personalities. That's life.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 01:51 PM
So if you think he's going to lie in interviews, why the fuck do you want to hear him do them?

Out of respect for the media! THE MEDIA!!!!

-King-
01-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Apparently, encouraging others to act as a decent human being instead of an arrogant asshole means you have a bad opinion.

Okay...

A decent human being would also recognize that a person doesn't want to be talked to and respect that. Marshawn has 52 other teammates and there are 53 other players on the Patriots side. There's no shortage of players to be interviewed. If they really wanted to do their jobs and talk football, why is it that they're spending their time on the player that doesn't want to talk?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Maybe I'm odd, but pretty much every time I'm listening to sports radio and they interview a player, I turn it off. I don't even like listening to former players. Almost every player never says anything worth a goddamn, and when they do come on, it's usually to whore for some 9th-rate energy drink.

The process is objectionable, so I have no problem with Lynch objecting to it. Hell, about the only player who makes it worthwhile is Richard Sherman. Before that, it was Randy Moss.

I will always root for a motherfucker who keeps it real.

BWillie
01-30-2015, 02:07 PM
So if you think he's going to lie in interviews, why the **** do you want to hear him do them?

Answer the question. Don't just go "yeah" over and over again like a smart ass. You don't have to lie. They throw you softball lobbed questions. Easy ones.

Most of the questions are something like "How do you think you will adjust to the dry air of Phoenix?". What is the problem with answering it, it's a simple question.

And Sherman just about 4 days ago was asked the EXACT same question by an unknown reporter "Are you the best cornerback in the game?" or something to that effect and he did his usual pompous asshole behavior and called it a preschool question and mocked the reporter. Then, some media person he was friendly with asked him the same exact question at Super Bowl media day and he answered it just fine with a smile. Bob Knight did the same shit, and I hated him for it too.

An example of a guy who is great with the media, truthful, gives insightful and not canned answers is Bill Self. Listen to his interviews, he gives you good stuff. Just be a normal functioning human being. That's all the NFL is asking of you, that's it.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Answer the question. Don't just go "yeah" over and over again like a smart ass. You don't have to lie. They throw you softball lobbed questions. Easy ones.

Most of the questions are something like "How do you think you will adjust to the dry air of Phoenix?". What is the problem with answering it, it's a simple question.

And Sherman just about 4 days ago was asked the EXACT same question by an unknown reporter "Are you the best cornerback in the game?" or something to that effect and he did his usual pompous asshole behavior and called it a preschool question and mocked the reporter. Then, some media person he was friendly with asked him the same exact question at Super Bowl media day and he answered it just fine with a smile. Bob Knight did the same shit, and I hated him for it too.

An example of a guy who is great with the media, truthful, gives insightful and not canned answers is Bill Self. Listen to his interviews, he gives you good stuff. Just be a normal functioning human being. That's all the NFL is asking of you, that's it.

Bill Self's public persona is a HUGE part of his job. Lynch's contractual media obligations are an after thought at best. I agree it's classless to intentionally embarrass a reporter. Even a bad one. Lynch does not do that. He wouldn't just say 'yeah' a bunch of times if the NFL didn't force him to sit there. Hell, he was even fine paying the fines until the NFL ratcheted them up to ridiculous levels. $500,000 if he doesn't do media day? Now who's acting childish? Roger Goodell loves making examples and he would rather embarrass himself by embarrassing Lynch than show an ounce of weakness. (read: reason)

Lynch is just as hard headed, but at least it's not to the clear detriment of his actual job which is playing football. Also, it's hilarious.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 02:25 PM

BeauWillie is the guy that would have hated Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali in the 1960's

Demonpenz
01-30-2015, 02:26 PM
Made it like 5 seconds.

philfree
01-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Bill Self's public persona is a HUGE part of his job. Lynch's contractual media obligations are an after thought at best. I agree it's classless to intentionally embarrass a reporter. Even a bad one. Lynch does not do that. He wouldn't just say 'yeah' a bunch of times if the NFL didn't force him to sit there. Hell, he was even fine paying the fines until the NFL ratcheted them up to ridiculous levels. $500,000 if he doesn't do media day? Now who's acting childish? Roger Goodell loves making examples and he would rather embarrass himself by embarrassing Lynch than show an ounce of weakness. (read: reason)

Lynch is just as hard headed, but at least it's not to the clear detriment of his actual job which is playing football. Also, it's hilarious.

If they let Lynch skate on his obligation then others will follow in his foot steps. He signed the deal so he should do what he signed on for.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 02:32 PM

No, he's not a "jackass". He's a football player that due to NFL regulations, is required to speak with the media. He's a football player that has no interest in speaking to reporters. Not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera or with a microphone in their face.

It never ceases to amaze the amount of duplicity that exists in America. Most people want "celebrities" to shut up and keep their opinions to themselves yet when a guy like Marshawn does exactly that, people call him an "asshole".

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 02:36 PM
If they let Lynch skate on his obligation then others will follow in his foot steps. He signed the deal so he should do what he signed on for.

He signed a "deal" to play football, not discuss football or his life with the "media", which mostly consists of Internet wanna-be's, small time radio and Podcast hosts. This is on the NFL, not Lynch.

There is a simple solution for this but the NFL is too dumb to implement: Designate five guys per team as "Media Spokesmen" and if the other 48 choose not to engage the media, there are no fines or punishment.

philfree
01-30-2015, 02:38 PM
No, he's not a "jackass". He's a football player that due to NFL regulations, is required to speak with the media. He's a football player that has no interest in speaking to reporters. Not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera or with a microphone in their face.

It never ceases to amaze the amount of duplicity that exists in America. Most people want "celebrities" to shut up and keep their opinions to themselves yet when a guy like Marshawn does exactly that, people call him an "asshole".

I don't really care what he has to say but he new it was part of the gig. He signed on and took the money so he can choose to do what he signed for or he can act like a baby about it. He's choosing to act like a baby.

philfree
01-30-2015, 02:40 PM
He signed a "deal" to play football, not discuss football or his life with the "media", which mostly consists of Internet wanna-be's, small time radio and Podcast hosts. This is on the NFL, not Lynch.

There is a simple solution for this but the NFL is too dumb to implement: Designate five guys per team as "Media Spokesmen" and if the other 48 choose not to engage the media, there are no fines or punishment.

If the NFL wants to change what they do for media day fine but right now these are the rules and every agent and every player knows it.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 02:42 PM
I don't really care what he has to say but he new it was part of the gig. He signed on and took the money so he can choose to do what he signed for or he can act like a baby about it. He's choosing to act like a baby.

I could not disagree more. Some people have social anxiety disorder, some people are shy, some people uncomfortable expressing their thoughts in front of a roomful of people.

It should not be a requirement that every football player speak with the "media".

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 02:42 PM

I kinda doubt it. I think most of these guys want to be interviewed. It's better for their career. The ones who don't want to be interviewed are consistently worthless when answering questions. At least Lynch is being forthright about it.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 02:43 PM
If the NFL wants to change what they do for media day fine but right now these are the rules and every agent and every player knows it.

So what's the alternative for a football player like Lynch? Refuse to play in the NFL?

WhawhaWhat
01-30-2015, 02:44 PM

How does a fine of $100,000 equate to skating on his obligation?

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Hilarious.

Either these guys are "loudmouth braggarts" or they're "asshole babies" for not wanting to speak to media.

Because ChiefsPlanet.

RunKC
01-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Sherman has a big mouth, but I love that he isn't afraid to call out Goodell.

I love players showing their personality. Not talking like a fucking corporate fuckwad and saying scripted answers that you hear from all the other corporate acting lame players.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Sherman has a big mouth, but I love that he isn't afraid to call out Goodell.

Personality wise, Richard Sherman is my favorite player by far. He's smart, articulate, well read and well versed on important issues. I believe that if he were to be interested in public life someday, he'd be a superstar.

philfree
01-30-2015, 02:52 PM
I could not disagree more. Some people have social anxiety disorder, some people are shy, some people uncomfortable expressing their thoughts in front of a roomful of people.

It should not be a requirement that every football player speak with the "media".

I used to have a lot of social anx so yeah but he know's it's part of the gig. And if he would have just manned up in the beginning he wouldn't have this situation.

chiefzilla1501
01-30-2015, 03:00 PM
I used to have a lot of social anx so yeah but he know's it's part of the gig. And if he would have just manned up in the beginning he would have this situation.
Ricky Williams had severe social anxiety. It would be interesting to see how the NFL would be forced to handle that. That's the reason I really hate these kinds of obligations.

philfree
01-30-2015, 03:02 PM
How does a fine of $100,000 equate to skating on his obligation?

If they don't fine him he won't do what he's contractually bound to do.

philfree
01-30-2015, 03:13 PM
So what's the alternative for a football player like Lynch? Refuse to play in the NFL?

I don't really think his social anxiety is all that bad. While he balks at the media one minute the next I see him mugging for the camera "like a boss". He also doesn't have a problem grabbing his cock in front of millions of people either. But yeah he could go get a different job that doesn't require a couple of media interviews.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 03:14 PM
I don't really think his social anxiety is all that bad. While he balks at the media one minute the next I see him mugging for the camera "like a boss". He also doesn't have a problem grabbing his cock in front of millions of people either. But yeah he could go get a different job that doesn't require a couple of media interviews.

If he's willing to pay any fine, I don't really see any issue

philfree
01-30-2015, 03:17 PM

I agree. The NFL should have a set fine that's the same for all the players if they don't want to speak to the media and not this arbitrary crap they strong arm players with.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 03:19 PM
I agree. The NFL should have a set fine that's the same for all the players if they don't want to speak to the media and not this arbitrary crap they strong arm players with.

Absolutely

BWillie
01-30-2015, 03:24 PM

Right.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 03:24 PM

Media interaction is part of the NFL job

not the same as high school football
not the same as college football

just like actors have to promote their movies etc

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 03:26 PM
Right.

I'm glad you aren't in charge because he is a lot of fun to watch play. I'd take a Lynch run over Tom Terrific post game interview every day of the week.

BWillie
01-30-2015, 03:28 PM

I had a degree of social anxiety when I was younger. I even had a severe stuttering problem when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade due to social anxiety. I shouldn't have had to do public speaking in English Class. I shouldn't have had to do any of our public speaking requirements in Rhetoric, which was a requirement to graduate from my University. That's what you are saying as well?

BWillie
01-30-2015, 03:28 PM

Exactly. I don't have ANY problem with a high school football player or college player not doing these interviews. They shouldn't have to, they aren't paid. It's not part of their job description.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Exactly. I don't have ANY problem with a high school football player or college player not doing these interviews. They shouldn't have to, they aren't paid. It's not part of their job description.

So fine him and move on. The guy does 99.9% of his job incredibly well and is an asset to the league. If his play has earned himself enough money to afford a reasonable fine, I really don't give a shit if he takes that option.

BWillie
01-30-2015, 03:30 PM

Absolutely. Doesn't mean people don't have the right to call him a douchebag, either. It's just an agree to disagree issue. I just don't quite understand why everybody sees this act of rebellion as some sort of honorable Robin Hood thing or sticking up for the little man thing.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Absolutely. Doesn't mean people don't have the right to call him a douchebag, either. It's just an agree to disagree issue. I just don't quite understand why everybody see this act of rebellion as some sort of Robin Hood thing or sticking it to the man shtick.

And I don't understand why so many people are enraged that a guy won't answer questions no one cares about except the reporter circle jerk. It's not like he's abusive. Weird thing to take issue with, IMO.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 03:33 PM

The difference between actors promoting a film and a football player being required to speak to the media is vast.

Actors that appear on various talk shows and press junkets do so to sell their upcoming film to the public in order to put butts in the seats. The NFL has no such problem.

People like Lynch don't care for the exploitation and I think it's ludcrous that that NFL requires guys that don't want to speak to the public to do so. Personally, I think it just makes the NFL appear even more foolish.

Chiefnj2
01-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Player interviews are a joke. You know how you can tell? The media makes a bigger fuss and creates 100x more stories from a player who won't talk rather than anything the 105 other players said. 105 interviews = no story. 1 silent guy = front page sports news.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 03:39 PM
The difference between actors promoting a film and a football player being required to speak to the media is vast.

Actors that appear on various talk shows and press junkets do so to sell their upcoming film to the public in order to put butts in the seats. The NFL has no such problem.

People like Lynch don't care for the exploitation and I think it's ludcrous that that NFL requires guys that don't want to speak to the public to do so. Personally, I think it just makes the NFL appear even more foolish.
It's not vast at all.

both industries are based on product promotion

player kills someone, blame the league
team cheats, blame the league
player punches his wife, blame the league
stupid running back can't just answer basic questions, blame the league
NFLPA blocks concussion equipment in 1994, blame the league
Players lie about getting concessions, blame the league
Players say 'it's a violent sport, let us play' then sues the league anyway, blame the NFL

the fact that so many people blame the NFL for virtually everything makes it more necessary now than ever

BWillie
01-30-2015, 03:41 PM
It's not vast at all.

Players say 'it's a violent sport, let us play' then sues the league anyway, blame the NFL

the fact that so many people blame the NFL for virtually everything DOES make it more necessary

+1

Chiefnj2
01-30-2015, 03:43 PM
It's not vast at all.

the fact that so many people blame the NFL for virtually everything DOES make it more necessary

Product promotion? Ever not watch a game because of a player interview? Ever say I'm buying the NFL package because Blake Bortles gave a witty response to Boomer?

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 03:44 PM
It's not vast at all.

the fact that so many people blame the NFL for virtually everything makes it more necessary now than ever

Necessary to what? Ask stupid questions and get boring answers? This Lynch thing has done more promotion for the NFL than anything else to come out of media day. It's a storyline to milk that doesn't involve cheating.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 03:46 PM
It's not vast at all.

The NFL won't sell less tickets if Lynch refuses to speak and won't sell more if he agrees.

The league's success isn't predicated one player's refusal or agreement to speak with the media.

BWillie
01-30-2015, 03:48 PM
The NFL won't sell less tickets if Lynch refuses to speak and won't sell more if he agrees.

Disagree, but that isn't really the point here.

Hey Dane, next time you have a public speaking engagement or simply have to answer questions that you don't want to, go ahead and get a doctors note saying you have social anxiety, and show everybody and tell them you don't have to do it and you are just going to stare at them until they leave. You shouldn't ever have to do anything you don't want to do in this life. Yeah man.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Product promotion? Ever not watch a game because of a player interview? Ever say I'm buying the NFL package because Blake Bortles gave a witty response to Boomer?
You and i are already professional football watchers and fan

not everyone is

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 03:54 PM

The league's success isn't predicated one player's refusal or agreement to speak with the media.

1. not your decision to make, Lynch is highly paid and needs to suck it up

2. The NFL is more concern with establishing and keeping the next generation of fans. If some kid gets hook because he sees a cool athlete talking about football then it might get him to watch and love football. With the injury concerns about football going forward, promoting to future generations is a valid concern

3. Not of this means shit, Marshawn Lynch is a highly paid and high profile athlete that has been made that way through the NFL. It's part of his job to do basic interviews. Period.

If Lynch doesn't like his job he's free to quit anytime he wants.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 03:55 PM
Disagree, but that isn't really the point here.

Hey Dane, next time you have a public speaking engagement or simply have to answer questions that you don't want to, go ahead and get a doctors note saying you have social anxiety, and show everybody and tell them you don't have to do it and you are just going to stare at them until they leave. You shouldn't ever have to do anything you don't want to do in this life. Yeah man.

When the Seahawks find a player that can do what Lynch does for the same money AND will talk to the media, this point will make sense. Hell, even then they probably wouldn't make a change because they don't care. Only Goodell and some high character internet guys do.

The Franchise
He's also free to repeat the same statement over and over again until the interview is over. At least until the NFL changes the rule on that.

kysirsoze
You and i are already professional football watchers and fan

not everyone is

And yet we are the ONLY audience for these interviews. Non-fans care less about this shit than they do the game.

TimBone
01-30-2015, 03:57 PM
This is ridiculous. You're suggesting that if a football player is extremely talented, he should still seek a different career path if he has social anciety and can't do interviews? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 03:58 PM
This is ridiculous. You're suggesting that if a football player is extremely talented, he should still seek a different career path if he has social anciety and can't do interviews? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

It's ridiculous even if he doesn't have social anxiety.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 03:58 PM
You people are arguing about bullshit that doesn't matter.

It's in his contract

He is being paid millions of dollars to play football AND do various other things. One of which is spending a certain amount of time talking to the media to promote the NFL.

Lynch is doing his best to walk the line between completing the full contract and violating the contract.

Instead of being a douche he should just do his job or quit. It's quite simple

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 03:59 PM
And yet we are the ONLY audience for these interviews. Non-fans care less about this shit than they do the game.

link?

BWillie
01-30-2015, 04:02 PM

It's not ridiculous at all. If I have social anxiety, I probably won't be able to be a politician now will I? It's called life. And this is coming from a person who HAS SOCIAL ANXIETY.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:02 PM
link?

We're both speculating based on our experience. Feel free to post a link to a study that shows these interviews generating interest in non-football fans. I can tell you, as someone who is friends with many non-football fans, they would rather watch paint dry.

In fact, Lynch trolling the media would be much more entertaining for them.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 04:04 PM

He shouldn't have signed a contract that contained public speaking requirements then

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:06 PM
You people are arguing about bullshit that doesn't matter.

It's in his contract

He is being paid millions of dollars to play football AND do various other things. One of which is spending a certain amount of time talking to the media to promote the NFL.

Lynch is doing his best to walk the line between completing the full contract and violating the contract.

Instead of being a douche he should just do his job or quit. It's quite simple

Yeah, except he doesn't have to. Sorry, but people that are at that level of expertise get special treatment. This isn't new. You can think he's a douche if you want, but all in all he's good for the league and GREAT for his team. I happen to think his media relations are a bonus. I would have his jersey in two seconds if he was a Chief.

philfree
01-30-2015, 04:06 PM

What I'm really suggesting is for him to just man up and answer some fucking patty cake questions instead of acting like a big baby.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Bunch of corporate ass-kissers in here.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:07 PM
He shouldn't have signed a contract that contained public speaking requirements then

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's a league requirement, not a negotiated part of his contract.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 04:11 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's a league requirement, not a negotiated part of his contract.

don't care

When he signed the contract it contained media requirements. Doesn't matter if it was part of fine print from the league or in big print on the front page right under his million dollar salary. He shouldn't of signed it if he wouldn't/couldn't complete it.

The Franchise
01-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Is he not fulfilling those requirements by repeating the same statement over and over again?

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:15 PM
don't care

When he signed the contract it contained media requirements. Doesn't matter if it was part of fine print from the league or in big print on the front page right under his million dollar salary. He shouldn't of signed it if he wouldn't/couldn't complete it.

I can't believe how hard people can stand on principle over something so meaningless. ESPECIALLY in regards to what is owed an organization that has shown so little class and care towards it's own athletes.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Is he not fulfilling those requirements by repeating the same statement over and over again?

They'll change the rules so he isn't and yet people will still beat the "he signed a contract" drum.

The Franchise
01-30-2015, 04:17 PM
They'll change the rules so he isn't and yet people will still beat the "he signed a contract" drum.

That's what I'm saying though. He's not doing anything against the rules as of yet....so it's his fucking prerogative to go out there and repeat the same shit over and over.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:18 PM
That's what I'm saying though. He's not doing anything against the rules as of yet....so it's his fucking prerogative to go out there and repeat the same shit over and over.

BUT HE'S A DOUCHE FOR DISRESPECTING THE HARD WORKING REPORTERS AND THE LEAGUE!

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 04:22 PM
There hundreds of NFL players that no issue speaking with the media.

Why pick on the one guy that isn't interested?

POND_OF_RED
01-30-2015, 04:25 PM
Who's teaching children to stay off people's lawns if you guys are in here all day bitching about Lynch?

Easy 6
01-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Dudes an asshole, dont care what the other arguments are... so he got burned and his words got twisted in Buffalo once, that doesnt mean he cant choose his words more carefully and give the world a few semi-candid answers about whatever.

He's being paid millions to play a game and occasionally talk to the press, but he acts like he's some ****ing prisoner of war just giving out name, rank, and social security number... its bullshit.

People are acting like he's some kind of nice guy otherwise... the same guy that flipped off a KC fan in the hotel this fall, **** him... I'd also bet money he's one of the hawks players accusing Wilson of not being "black enough".

He's an asshole and I hope some patriot hits him so hard it cracks his facemask.

royalschiefs
01-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Dudes an asshole, dont care what the other arguments are... so he got burned and his words got twisted in Buffalo once, that doesnt mean he cant choose his words more carefully and give the world a few semi-candid answers about whatever.

He's being paid millions to play a game and occasionally talk to the press, but he acts like he's some ****ing prisoner of war just giving out name, rank, and social security number... its bullshit.

People are acting like he's some kind of nice guy otherwise... the same guy that flipped off a KC fan in the hotel this fall, **** him... I'd also bet money he's one of the hawks players accusing Wilson of not being "black enough".

He's an asshole and I hope some patriot hits him so hard it cracks his facemask.

+1

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 04:49 PM
There hundreds of NFL players that no issue speaking with the media.

Why pick on the one guy that isn't interested?
who's picking on anyone?

Lynch is a high profile guy and is paid accordingly. Nobody cares about hearing from the 3rd string linebacker.

More money = more requirements and expectations

If you don't want the job, don't take the job.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:50 PM

So your case that he's an asshole is he won't answer questions and he flipped someone off one time. Got it.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:51 PM
who's picking on anyone?

Lynch is a high profile guy and is paid accordingly. Nobody cares about hearing from the 3rd string linebacker.

More money = more requirements and expectations

If you don't want the job, don't take the job.

He's doing the job exceptionally well. He lacks in one very minor category. He's still worth every penny. You know how I know? He's still employed.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 04:52 PM
I can't believe how hard people can stand on principle over something so meaningless. ESPECIALLY in regards to what is owed an organization that has shown so little class and care towards it's own athletes.
and there we go ........

dam NFL anyway!! :cuss:

try signing a contract anywhere else and see what happens if you don't complete it

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Also, if we're going to be all letter of the law here, I'm pretty sure the size of his contract has nothing to do with his responsibility to the media.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:55 PM
and there we go ........

dam NFL anyway!! :cuss:

try signing a contract anywhere else and see what happens if you don't complete it

Try finding a guy that can run like Lynch that isn't currently signed to a contract.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Are any of you posting from work? I bet a lot of people in this thread are. Would your employers consider that fulfilling your work duties? Or does this holier than thou sentiment only apply to celebrities.

Easy 6
01-30-2015, 04:56 PM
So your case that he's an asshole is he won't answer questions and he flipped someone off one time. Got it.

I dont need a "case", the guys an asshole in my honest opinion.

"I'm just here so I wont get fined" x 29... seriously, **** that guy...represent any other company that way and you'll find your ass fired asap.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Also, if we're going to be all letter of the law here, I'm pretty sure the size of his contract has nothing to do with his responsibility to the media.

still trying to fine some angle to defend an employee who doesn't want to do his job

mean,old NFL wanting their employees to do their jobs

How dare they.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Try finding a guy that can run like Lynch that isn't currently signed to a contract.

which is completely not the point ............ again.

you have an ax to grind, i get it.

just don't expect logic to 'get it'

Dragonocho
01-30-2015, 05:00 PM
I dont need a "case", the guys an asshole in my honest opinion.

"I'm just here so I wont get fined" x 29... seriously, **** that guy...represent any other company that way and you'll find your ass fired asap.

This is exactly right. Unless you can run for 125 yards and two TDs and carry your team to a super bowl victory.

TimBone
01-30-2015, 05:01 PM
This is unbelievable.

kysirsoze
still trying to fine some angle to defend an employee who doesn't want to do his job

mean,old NFL wanting their employees to do their jobs

How dare they.

UGH. They have recourse when players choose not to speak to the media. It's a fine. Not to mention he is showing up and fulfilling his contract by speaking to the media. Just because you don't like what he has to say doesn't mean he isn't doing his job. It just so happens that him not "wanting to do his job" with the media is creating a SB storyline and distracting from the league's latest embarrassment. This guy is a fucking MODEL employee.

TimBone
Folks around these parts take their interviews seriously, I guess.

TimBone
01-30-2015, 05:02 PM
It's ridiculous even if he doesn't have social anxiety.
I agree. And the dude comparing Lynch to a politician is equally silly.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 05:02 PM
which is completely not the point ............ again.

you have an ax to grind, i get it.

just don't expect logic to 'get it'

Your point is if he doesn't like how the NFL operates he can go elsewhere. My point is, conversely, if the NFL doesn't like how he operates, they can go elsewhere. Pretty clear logic, dude.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Or possibly your point was other jobs would fire you for not completing your contract, which is an asinine point to make in the first place.

Easy 6
01-30-2015, 05:07 PM
Folks around these parts take their interviews seriously, I guess.

Tim, the man is being paid millions per year to represent a corporation... no, he shouldnt have to try and be all eloquent and wordy, but a simple 3-5 word answer is too much to ask?

Its in the contract he signed, if he doesnt like the contract he should take it up with Maurice Smith next year... otherwise, seeing a grown man millionaire act like a rebellious 16 year old rubs me the wrong way.

POND_OF_RED
01-30-2015, 05:20 PM
Lynch is a genius. He's completely branded himself with the beast mode image. These interviews are a huge part of that image. I saw somewhere that the beast mode hats all sold out this week and I think that was over 2 million dollars earned. That should cover any fines he could possibly receive plus have millions left over. I call that good business. You can call him a punk all you want but I say good for Marshawn. He's found a way to market himself for even more money. It's a simple moonlighting job that makes millions of dollars a year. That's called the American dream.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 05:21 PM
Your point is if he doesn't like how the NFL operates he can go elsewhere. My point is, conversely, if the NFL doesn't like how he operates, they can go elsewhere. Pretty clear logic, dude.

doesn't work that way

HE SIGNED A CONTRACT

The NFL expected him to fulfill that contract when he signed it. Now he's not.

Lynch changed his mind

Now Lynch is walking the tightrope between violation and not-quite violation of that contract.

you like the nfl players and hate the nfl ... i get it.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 05:21 PM
who's picking on anyone?

There are more articles, more press, more Facebook and Twitter notifications related to Marshawn Lynch's refusal to be a willing participant during the Super Bowl media circus, than there are about the game itself.

People in this very forum are calling him an "asshole" for giving one word or one sentence answers.

I don't think that when a kid begins playing football in junior, to high school to college and finally to the NFL, the goal is to speak to the media. It's to play football.

Roger Goodell and the entire NFL brass looks even more inept in a year of ineptness because of this "rule".

TimBone
01-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Tim, the man is being paid millions per year to represent a corporation... no, he shouldnt have to try and be all eloquent and wordy, but a simple 3-5 word answer is too much to ask?

Its in the contract he signed, if he doesnt like the contract he should take it up with Maurice Smith next year... otherwise, seeing a grown man millionaire act like a rebellious 16 year old rubs me the wrong way.
My biggest argument is that the interviews are so meaningless, and such a small part of his job, that it seems pointless for us to care about it.

This guy was created because he's an outstanding football player. Prior to het nfl, He's likely played football his whole life without having to give interviews.

When he was being looked out for the draft out of college, scouts amd GM's weren't looking at his interview skills. They were looking at his ability to play ball. When they talked to him about possibly drafting him to their team, they likely talked abiut what he could add to the team on the football field. They didnt approach him because they thought he'd make them succesful behind a podium.

There is just so many logical reasons for not caring about him doing interviews. For example: The interviews are boring, and most of the time pointless . Theirs plenty of other players to talk to if the media REALLY needs a soundbite. He has social anxiety. He doesnt speak well even when he is comfortable. The list goes on and on...

Meanwhile, there only seems to be one reason for him being forced to do the interview: Its in his contract.

I guess, technically, that is enough. So yes, he should be doing the interviews.

It just seems to me that its not worth getting upset about.

TimBone
01-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Also, he decided him not doing the interview was important enough to him to pay a weekly fine. Why couldn't it just end there?

How come Goodell had to create a pissing contest and continue upping the fine?

Seems like Goodell has made it personal.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 05:26 PM
doesn't work that way

HE SIGNED A CONTRACT

The NFL expected him to fulfill that contract when he signed it. Now he's not.

Lynch changed his mind

Now Lynch is walking the tightrope between violation and not-quite violation of that contract.

you like the nfl players and hate the nfl ... i get it.

I know you are the resident NFL apologist, but trying to change the conversation when your argument sucks won't help. You see it clearly does work that way. It is currently working that way. Lynch is getting paid millions and probably about to win another Superbowl. His relatively minor contract breaches aren't slowing him down a bit.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2015, 05:29 PM
There are more articles, more press, more Facebook and Twitter notifications related to Marshawn Lynch's refusal to be a willing participant during the Super Bowl media circus, than there are about the game itself.

People in this very forum are calling him an "asshole" for giving one word or one sentence answers.

I don't think that when a kid begins playing football in junior, to high school to college and finally to the NFL, the goal is to speak to the media. It's to play football.

Roger Goodell and the entire NFL brass looks even more inept in a year of ineptness because of this "rule".
Lynch made his bed, he made himself news

might be doing it intentionally ala Richard Sherman last year

Attention whores tend to get the publicity and endorsements

back to bashing the NFL no matter what ......... *sigh*

How dare a corporation ask their employees to follow the rules and do their job. The nerve .....

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 05:31 PM

How dare a corporation ask their employees to follow the rules and do their job. The nerve .....

Pretty sure most the people opposing you in this thread support the NFL's right to fine him. Not sure why you keep harping on this.

InChiefsHeaven
01-30-2015, 05:33 PM
So Lynch gives the media a big middle finger...I have no problem with that...and I'm most decidedly not alone. I actually don't give one shit about it. I liked the Conan vid...showed his personality. He just doesn't want to dance to that media cycle tune. He pays the fines for it. So who cares?

Idiots care. OK.

Easy 6
01-30-2015, 05:35 PM
My biggest argument is that the interviews are so meaningless, and such a small part of his job, that it seems pointless for us to care about it.

This guy was created because he's an outstanding football player. Prior to het nfl, He's likely played football his whole life without having to give interviews.

When he was being looked out for the draft out of college, scouts amd GM's weren't looking at his interview skills. They were looking at his ability to play ball. When they talked to him about possibly drafting him to their team, they likely talked abiut what he could add to the team on the football field. They didnt approach him because they thought he'd make them succesful behind a podium.

There is just so many logical reasons for not caring about him doing interviews. For example: The interviews are boring, and most of the time pointless . Theirs plenty of other players to talk to if the media REALLY needs a soundbite. He has social anxiety. He doesnt speak well even when he is comfortable. The list goes on and on...

Meanwhile, there only seems to be one reason for him being forced to do the interview: Its in his contract.

I guess, technically, that is enough. So yes, he should be doing the interviews.

It just seems to me that its not worth getting upset about.

The one thing I will agree with, is wondering why the reporters keep showing up around him... everyone knows he isnt saying anything, so why keep following him.

His reticence almost seems to be having the reverse of the effect he intended... the more he does it, the more people want to show up and take part in it.

Demonpenz
01-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Lynch is dumb.

TimBone
01-30-2015, 05:38 PM
The one thing I will agree with, is wondering why the reporters keep showing up around him... everyone knows he isnt saying anything, so why keep following him.

His reticence almost seems to be having the reverse of the effect he intended... the more he does it, the more people want to show up and take part in it.
I think that's because they know it's an easy, attention grabbing story.

That beimg said, some folks around here might be right, this could all be a publicy stunt by him. He has gotten some endorsements out of this, right? People mentioned the beast mode hat, and I swear Ive seen a skittles commercial.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Lynch made his bed, he made himself news

might be doing it intentionally ala Richard Sherman last year

Attention whores tend to get the publicity and endorsements

Well, is HE showing up for the interviews, he's just not playing the "game". Personally, I have no problem with that choice.

The problem with the "media" is that it's expanded to dopey guys with websites and podcasts, looking to capture something "outrageous" that makes them fame and money. They don't truly care about Marshawn Lynch, which is why this is so phony and unnecessary.

24-7 Social Media coverage is all that matters.

The NFL should absolutely step in and void this nonsense. Guys that want to talk to the media will and guys that don't, won't.

Easy 6
01-30-2015, 05:48 PM
I think that's because they know it's an easy, attention grabbing story.

That beimg said, some folks around here might be right, this could all be a publicy stunt by him. He has gotten some endorsements out of this, right? People mentioned the beast mode hat, and I swear Ive seen a skittles commercial.

I dont think he's intentionally doing it to create hype, he's just a very anti-social person IMO... but it does seem to have morphed into its own phenomenon that I doubt he saw coming.

"the less you talk, the more we're gonna **** with you, Marshawn".

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2015, 05:56 PM

Obeying your corporate masters is job one

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-30-2015, 06:09 PM
Let us love him with great love.

-King-
01-30-2015, 06:21 PM
Jamaal Charles did his post game interviews last year and the only thing people remember is him messing up and saying escalades instead of accolades.

Shows how fucked these things are. Theyre only there just in case a player fucks up and says the wrong thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
01-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Hypocrity: A running back is required to talk after every week but the commissioner of the league rarely talks.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
01-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Jamaal Charles did his post game interviews last year and the only thing people remember is him messing up and saying escalades instead of accolades.

Shows how fucked these things are. Theyre only there just in case a player fucks up and says the wrong thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Charles needs moer escalades.

FloridaMan88
01-30-2015, 08:27 PM
When Lynch is living in a cardboard box in 10 years and is completely bankrupt, I don't want to hear any pity party from his end.

Actions have consequences.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 09:26 PM
When Lynch is living in a cardboard box in 10 years and is completely bankrupt, I don't want to hear any pity party from his end.

LMAO

Brock
01-30-2015, 09:28 PM

Giving interviews would prevent that from happening.

FloridaMan88
01-30-2015, 10:57 PM
Giving interviews would prevent that from happening.

Not completely pissing off the media would be a benefit to his after football career prospects.

Also all of these fines are going to look rather shortsighted on Lynch's part if he's in any type of financial trouble during his post football career.

Simply Red
01-30-2015, 11:02 PM
Also that new Mortal Kombat looks dope.

Jim Lahey
01-30-2015, 11:15 PM

Eh..skittles will help him a little if need be.

kysirsoze
01-30-2015, 11:49 PM
Eh..skittles will help him a little if need be.

That and he is gaining fans every day. It's not like this guy ever had a career in broadcasting.

-King-
01-31-2015, 12:03 AM
Not completely pissing off the media would be a benefit to his after football career prospects.

Also all of these fines are going to look rather shortsighted on Lynch's part if he's in any type of financial trouble during his post football career.

How? Was he planning on becoming a journalist after football or something?

Setsuna
01-31-2015, 12:48 AM

LMAO LMAO LMAO why does he have to care about the brain dead institution that is the media? They don't matter one bit. If I were him I'd give only one word answers and leave it at that.

Baby Lee
01-31-2015, 01:03 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

That's the crux of it. Marshawn wants to exist on the merits of his play on the field. Nothing he ever says in those events will help, they can only hurt when some random yahoo takes the slightest. even most innocuous, misstatement and twists it into a bullshit clickbait headline.

Four words

'We're talking about practice. . .'

Five more

"Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs?'

OldSchool
01-31-2015, 01:19 AM
ROFL The dumbasses who are crying about Lynch not talking to the media are hilarious.

unlurking
01-31-2015, 07:52 AM

:shake:

No he is not. He is being paid millions per year to put a product on the field. The marketing aspect does not even come close to the value of his pay for playing the game.

Chief Roundup
02-01-2015, 09:35 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466712/article/seahawks-offer-marshawn-lynch-huge-contract-extension?campaign=Facebook_writers_rapsheet

Yeah he is so damn bad.
You may not like his schtick but I think most realize the media is the "debil" and only there to serve their own negative agenda.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I was in the gym this morning and overheard the following:

"Yeah man, Netflix has a thing where you can watch all of the Super Bowl commercials in succession"!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your National Shitball League celebrates it's only reason for existence today. yay.

What a fucking joke this league has become. Can't wait to watch more former players cry, and god willing get a new Tampax commercial in their as well!

Any owner who voted to turn this shit in to Disneyland should be taken out back and shot.

BigMeatballDave
02-01-2015, 11:46 AM

Actions have consequences.Not likely... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466712/article/seahawks-offer-marshawn-lynch-huge-contract-extension

philfree
02-01-2015, 11:50 AM

"Yeah man, Netflix has a thing where you can watch all of the Super Bowl commercials in succession"!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your National Shitball League celebrates it's only reason for existence today. yay.

What a ****ing joke this league has become. Can't wait to watch more former players cry, and god willing get a new Tampax commercial in their as well!

Any owner who voted to turn this shit in to Disneyland should be taken out back and shot.

You don't have to watch all that stuff just turn on the game at kickoff and watch the game. I know, I know it's more fun to bitch a rattle off shit like the homeless bag lady down on the corner talking to her invisible friend.

Baby Lee
02-01-2015, 11:52 AM

What a fucking joke this league has become. Can't wait to watch more former players cry, and god willing get a new Tampax commercial in their as well!

You're absolutely right, those kids have NO BUSINESS on your lawn!!

FloridaMan88
02-01-2015, 11:56 AM
LMAO LMAO LMAO why does he have to care about the brain dead institution that is the media? They don't matter one bit. If I were him I'd give only one word answers and leave it at that.

As a former football what is his most realistic path to a significant earning potential?

That would be working in the media… the very same media he is currently giving the proverbial middle finger to.

FloridaMan88
02-01-2015, 11:59 AM
:shake:

No he is not. He is being paid millions per year to put a product on the field. The marketing aspect does not even come close to the value of his pay for playing the game.

Actually in every NFL contract for a player, it also details their off the field responsibilities as an employee of the NFL, which includes media responsibilities.

Again people may think this is stupid, but there are a lot of things people have to do in their jobs that are stupid, but it is still a part of your employment contract and responsibilities as an employee.

Why does Marshawn Lynch get to live by a different set of rules?

Dayze
02-01-2015, 12:12 PM
if i never see another athlete interview in my life, it'll be too soon. 99% of the time they're a complete waste of time. I don't relly have a stong opinion on the matter. on one hand, I think Lynch is showing he has the matrurity of an uneducated athlete that has been spoiled his entire life, but on the other hand it's hliarious that he's sending a big Fuck You to the media.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2015, 12:44 PM
You don't have to watch all that stuff just turn on the game at kickoff and watch the game. I know, I know it's more fun to bitch a rattle off shit like the homeless bag lady down on the corner talking to her invisible friend.

You're absolutely right, those kids have NO BUSINESS on your lawn!!

Great take, Oprah and Rosie. Did you ladies get your testosterone treatments in preparation for today's game?

Baby Lee
02-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Great take, Oprah and Rosie. Did you ladies get your testosterone treatments in preparation for today's game?

Hate to break it to you, but Carol Channing ain't singing no more national anthems and Up With People disbanded years ago.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Actually in every NFL contract for a player, it also details their off the field responsibilities as an employee of the NFL, which includes media responsibilities.

Again people may think this is stupid, but there are a lot of things people have to do in their jobs that are stupid, but it is still a part of your employment contract and responsibilities as an employee.

I'm sure the commissioner has that same responsibility. Why should the guy getting paid $44M live by a different set of rules?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Hate to break it to you, but Carol Channing ain't singing no more national anthems and Up With People disbanded years ago.

Yeah, but I'll wager the Starland Vocal Band gets jiggy with it from time to time in Vegas, so there.

Also, Tom Jones still lives and swaggers enough man-chu to help offset the great Pussy Factory which Goodell has created.

And finally, the Spice Girls are my submissive sluts; just so you know.

Baby Lee
02-01-2015, 12:56 PM
You poor thing, a free popular broadcast television event has commercials. Glory be.

http://www.janicebuck.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Victorian-Fainting-Couch.jpg

Simply Red
02-01-2015, 12:58 PM
this was a cute thread.

Simply Red
02-01-2015, 12:58 PM
You poor thing, a free popular broadcast television event has commercials. Glory be.

http://www.janicebuck.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Victorian-Fainting-Couch.jpg

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE VICTORIAN!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2015, 01:00 PM
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE VICTORIAN!

A++++++ Would buy again.

Deberg_1990
02-01-2015, 01:02 PM
I could give two shits whether he talks to the media. Doesnt affect my life in anyway.

Hes 'all bout dat action'

kysirsoze
02-01-2015, 01:05 PM
As a former football what is his most realistic path to a significant earning potential?

That would be working in the media… the very same media he is currently giving the proverbial middle finger to.

Have you heard him speak? Or maybe heard his opinions on the media in general? He was never going into broadcasting. FFS.

Because he's better at his job than most people in the world are at theirs. Exceptions are made for exceptional people.

Oh, and once again, if his relationship with the media was so important to his job, he would be fired. Instead he's just been offered a huge extension. Weird, huh?

Simply Red
02-01-2015, 01:20 PM
I could give two shits whether he talks to the media. Doesnt affect my life in anyway.

Hes 'all bout dat action'

would you trade him for Charles, straight up?

Brock
02-01-2015, 01:36 PM

You have obviously never heard Lynch speak.

BigMeatballDave
02-01-2015, 01:41 PM

CHAISE!

FloridaMan88
02-01-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm sure the commissioner has that same responsibility. Why should the guy getting paid $44M live by a different set of rules?

He shouldn't… Richard Sherman brought up a great point calling Goodell out on the hypocrisy of his media availability.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Pro Football on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 11m11 minutes ago
Marshawn Lynch DID NOT get fined as he appeared at all media sessions and his hat was in compliance with NFL rules
View photo 0 replies 250 retweets 223 favorites
Reply Retweet250 Favorite223
More

Jimmya
02-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Shocking!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Good.

Baby Lee
11-15-2016, 12:54 AM
Conan making even shitty shitty RPGs hilarious

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eXJFbsQBvLw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy
11-15-2016, 10:28 AM
LMAO

Bruh' cut off one of my dreads to start a campfarr

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Whoid76nn3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>