I'll bet you're silly.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2015, 10:51 PM
The NFL is racist!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
01-31-2015, 10:54 PM
"Roger Goodell hates black people."
--Kanye West and some other black people somewhere probably

But in all seriousness, congrats Jim Jones, you're racist.

Jim Jones
01-31-2015, 10:56 PM
"Roger Goodell hates black people."
--Kanye West and some other black people somewhere probably

But in all seriousness, congrats Jim Jones, you're racist.

No, I'm a white guy who thinks Justin Houston got robbed because the NFL is dead set on making Watt into a superstar, primarily because he's white.

chefsos
01-31-2015, 10:56 PM
If Justin Houston was white and JJ Watt was black

...their respective names would probably fit 'em better. But that's about it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-31-2015, 10:59 PM
Fuck JJ Whitebread

Just Passin' By
01-31-2015, 11:00 PM
No, I'm a white guy who thinks Justin Houston got robbed because the NFL is dead set on making Watt into a superstar, primarily because he's white.

:LOL:

chiefzilla1501
01-31-2015, 11:06 PM
No, I think the NFL wants JJ Watt to be a star because he's really damn good.

Watt deserves the DPOY. I'm stunned he won unanimously as I'm surprised nobody mentions that he wasn't even the sack leader. I think that has a lot more to do with Houston being under appreciated than it does Watt being overhyped.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2015, 11:07 PM
Swear to God I've seen Jim Jones' pic in the faces and names thread and he was black.

Iconic
01-31-2015, 11:14 PM

You know as much as I want to bag on OP and call him a race baiter he brings up a very interesting point.

Looking at the stats, you could argue Houston outplayed Watt this year. He basically matched Watt's stats while being asked to drop back into coverage regularly- which is pretty motherfucking impressive.

milkman
01-31-2015, 11:16 PM
JJ Watt has been a beast since his rookie season.

Houston has developed into a beast over the course of his 3 seasons.

That's the difference.

RealSNR
01-31-2015, 11:17 PM
If Jim Jones' date had balls... she'd be Jim Jones' date

Bowser
01-31-2015, 11:19 PM
If Jim Jones' date had balls... she'd be Jim Jones' date

http://i.imgur.com/y7yGgzW.jpg

KCFalcon59
01-31-2015, 11:20 PM
JJ Watt is a superstar. He deserved the award.

Just Passin' By
01-31-2015, 11:20 PM
You know as much as I want to bag on OP and call him a race baiter he brings up a very interesting point.

Looking at the stats, you could argue Houston outplayed Watt this year. He basically matched Watt's stats while being asked to drop back into coverage regularly- which is pretty mother****ing impressive.

Watt had as many tackles as Houston, despite being a DL.
Watt had the only INT of the pair, despite being a DL.
Watt had more passes defensed, and just as many forced fumbles.
The selling point of Houston is his sack totals, but Watt had 20.5 sacks as well, while being double and triple teamed all season.

Pitt Gorilla
01-31-2015, 11:22 PM

That's the difference.DPOY is literally an award for ONE YEAR.

bdj23
01-31-2015, 11:25 PM
Op fucks trannies

milkman
01-31-2015, 11:29 PM
DPOY is literally an award for ONE YEAR.

Reputation plays a role in any award.

Jim Jones
01-31-2015, 11:32 PM

Looking at the stats, you could argue Houston outplayed Watt this year. He basically matched Watt's stats while being asked to drop back into coverage regularly- which is pretty mother****ing impressive.

ESPN and the NFL decided to give him the MVP as soon as they started playing that "Turn Down For What (Watt)" song on all his SportsCenter highlight reels.

He is being pushed as the new golden boy because he's the first marketable dominant white defensive player the NFL has had in a while. There's never going to be one in the secondary, so it had to be a pass rusher.

Hell, they basically invented a new stat (QB hits) to trump him up. Applauding a guy for touching the QB after he throws the ball? Brilliant.

Jim Jones
01-31-2015, 11:33 PM

That's the difference.

That shouldn't have anything to do with how they are viewed for the award THIS SEASON.

milkman
01-31-2015, 11:37 PM
That shouldn't have anything to do with how they are viewed for the award THIS SEASON.

And if you think that reputation earned from previous years doesn't affect how players are viewed and perceived this year, you are both stupid and naive.

aturnis
01-31-2015, 11:38 PM
Swear to God I've seen Jim Jones' pic in the faces and names thread and he was black.

You're thinking of Will Smith.

Iconic
01-31-2015, 11:39 PM
Watt had as many tackles as Houston, despite being a DL.
Watt had the only INT of the pair, despite being a DL.
Watt had more passes defensed, and just as many forced fumbles.
The selling point of Houston is his sack totals, but Watt had 20.5 sacks as well, while being double and triple teamed all season.

Hmmm you're right. 10 PD to Houston's 5. I'm kind of surprised by that but then again Watt's known for swatting balls at the LOS.

Either way I'm not arguing with you. The better man DID get the award. Watt's a 3-4 DE doing what he does which is insane. To put it in perspective the 3-4 DE with the next highest sack total is Sheldon Richardson with 8 sacks. Wow.

Just Passin' By
01-31-2015, 11:39 PM
ESPN and the NFL decided to give him the MVP as soon as they started playing that "Turn Down For What (Watt)" song on all his SportsCenter highlight reels.

He is being pushed as the new golden boy because he's the first marketable dominant white defensive player the NFL has had in a while. There's never going to be one in the secondary, so it had to be a pass rusher.

Hell, they basically invented a new stat (QB hits) to trump him up. Applauding a guy for touching the QB after he throws the ball? Brilliant.

So you've never watched Watt play, then, I take it?

penbrook
01-31-2015, 11:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congrats to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> LB Justin Houston on receiving the Deacon Jones Award tonight.

READ: <a href="http://t.co/0CibjZivrm">http://t.co/0CibjZivrm</a> <a href="http://t.co/4Kn3qlXPlK">pic.twitter.com/4Kn3qlXPlK</a></p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/561742715851776000">February 1, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jim Jones
01-31-2015, 11:42 PM
So you've never watched Watt play, then, I take it?

I'm not denying Watt's greatness, but for him to win UNANIMOUSLY over Houston is an absolute joke.

listopencil
01-31-2015, 11:46 PM

Watt is dead set on making Watt a superstar. And he did it.

Just Passin' By
01-31-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm not denying Watt's greatness, but for him to win UNANIMOUSLY over Houston is an absolute joke.

No, the joke is you inserting race into things.

RealSNR
01-31-2015, 11:51 PM

Who would you rather have on your team? Watt or Houston?

I don't think there's a single coach out there who would say Houston. In fact, I think the only people who would say Houston are blind KC homers.

BWillie
01-31-2015, 11:56 PM
Does Watt win unanimous DPOY?

Does he even win the award at all?

No.

Unbelievable...

Setsuna
02-01-2015, 12:01 AM
Jim Jones is obviously a White Black Supremacist

Jim Jones
02-01-2015, 12:04 AM
No, the joke is you inserting race into things.

Not one vote for a guy who was a half sack from the NFL record? Why do you think that is?

DaneMcCloud
02-01-2015, 12:07 AM
Conversations like these minimize both Watt's and Houston's achievements

Just Passin' By
02-01-2015, 12:13 AM
Not one vote for a guy who was a half sack from the NFL record? Why do you think that is?

Because that "white" you're belittling is the better player. That's the second time the "white" has had 20+ sacks in the past 3 seasons, by the way.

Dave Lane
02-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Op ****s trannies

I fucked and tranny and I liked it,
taste of his cherry chapstick...

Rain Man
02-01-2015, 12:33 AM
Because that "white" you're belittling is the better player. That's the second time the "white" has had 20+ sacks in the past 3 seasons, by the way.

I'm really glad Houston is on our team, but in his spare time Watt goes out and pals around with terminally ill kids and does motivational speeches, while Houston smokes marijuana. Which do you think the NFL prefers when giving out awards?

RealSNR
02-01-2015, 12:56 AM
I'm really glad Houston is on our team, but in his spare time Watt goes out and pals around with terminally ill kids and does motivational speeches, while Houston smokes marijuana. Which do you think the NFL prefers when giving out awards?

Maybe Watt is helping those terminally ill kids with medical marijuana.

Ming the Merciless
02-01-2015, 01:12 AM
You'd still be a virgin

Forever alone

beach tribe
02-01-2015, 06:58 AM
If you fuck a man are you gay?

Bufkin
02-01-2015, 07:08 AM
While I seldom use the neg rep feature, I encourage everybody to do so for this moronic OP.

Saccopoo
02-01-2015, 08:34 AM

Dude...

Watt is a superstar and it's not because he's white. It's because he plays his ass off and destroys teams on the field. On a constant basis for his entire career.

You think the league wanted guys like Michael Irvin, Lawrence Taylor and Ray Lewis to be superstars? No, but they were because they kicked ass.

Houston is coming off his first true break out season. First. Watt's done this, played to this level multiple times. That's why people know him, recognize him and why he's a superstar.

The players in the league know who Justin Houston is. Fantasy guys know who Justin Houston is. The rest of the world will most definitely know who he is once he does this again.

Right now, Justin Houston is Katrina and the Waves. One great song. People don't want to be the guy who buys an entire album just to get "Walking on Sunshine." When they buy J.J. Watt, they know they are getting Nirvana's "Nevermind."

Jerm
02-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Hey OP....

http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/aceventurathumbsup.gif

LoneWolf
02-01-2015, 09:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congrats to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> LB Justin Houston on receiving the Deacon Jones Award tonight.

READ: <a href="http://t.co/0CibjZivrm">http://t.co/0CibjZivrm</a> <a href="http://t.co/4Kn3qlXPlK">pic.twitter.com/4Kn3qlXPlK</a></p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/561742715851776000">February 1, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Holy fucking shit!! I didn't think it was possible for penbrook to embed a tweet. Our little boy is growing up so fast.

Hoover
02-01-2015, 09:26 AM
If JJ Watt didn't score those offensive TDs is he still the DPY?

ChiliConCarnage
02-01-2015, 09:40 AM

Sacks: Houston wins this by 1.5 as we all know.
Tackles: Both are listed with 59 solo. Watt has about 10 more assisted tackles
FF: Both forced 4 fumbles. We're pretty even so far
FR: Houston 0. Watt 5 including one returned 59 yards for a TD
PD: JJ Watt doubled Houston up 10 - 5
INT: Houston 0. Watt 1. Not a big difference but Watts 1 int was an 80 yard pick 6. Huge play
Sfty: Houston 0. Watt 1.

Watt made significantly more big plays for his team.

As Milkman pointed out, hype and prestige are huge in winning these awards. Should they be? No, but humans make these votes. Watt's been there done that. He was being talked about as a possible league MVP.

Another thing that shouldn't count but adds to the point above is Watt scored 3 offensive touchdowns. More time on Sportscenter, people talking about him, etc.

Deberg_1990
02-01-2015, 10:11 AM
Watt has won this twice now.

Double racist !

Rausch
02-01-2015, 10:14 AM
We got fucked because of the popularity machine - not race.

Houston will be the highest paid pass rusher in the NFL.

Somewhere...

Bowser
02-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Watt is deserving of the title. It certainly doesn't diminish what Houston brings to the table.

Chief Roundup
02-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Does Watt win unanimous DPOY?

Does he even win the award at all?

No.

Damn what an inflammatory statement of racism.

Without looking back I hope someone has slapped the little kid saying RACIST in response to the OP.

Rausch
02-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Watt is deserving of the title. It certainly doesn't diminish what Houston brings to the table.

That's exactly what it does (in the eyes of the media.)

I'm one of the few that have 0% faith in Dorsey to resign him so any extra awards would only make the process more difficult.

And a giant fuck-you to John Dorsey for NOT resigning Houston and inking Smith to a long term deal instead...

Bowser
02-01-2015, 10:26 AM
I was talking about in terms of on the field, but I see where you're going.

Houston isn't going anywhere, and he will get paid as he should. Even Belichick would be fired if he let a talent like Houston in his prime walk over money. You find ways to pay guys like that.

Rausch
02-01-2015, 10:30 AM
I was talking about in terms of on the field, but I see where you're going.

Houston isn't going anywhere, and he will get paid as he should. Even Belichick would be fired if he let a talent like Houston in his prime walk over money. You find ways to pay guys like that.

I have less faith in our Fuhrer.

I see this:

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/x6rklmdevevw9vgbflav.jpg

jspchief
02-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Watt has 1000x the charisma of Houston. It shouldn't be a factor, but it is.

Oh, and Watt was better this year.

Chief Roundup
02-01-2015, 10:35 AM
I have less faith in our Fuhrer.

I see this:

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/x6rklmdevevw9vgbflav.jpg

Allen was one strike from being out of the league for a year, IIRC, which is not the case with Houston, nor is John Dorsey the same as Carl Peterson.

Rausch
02-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Oh, and Watt was better this year.

No, he wasn't.

Houston was on the precipice of being the best pass rusher EVER this year despite not being a "dedicated" pass rusher...

BossChief
02-01-2015, 11:33 AM
It's a shame that Houston was dropped into coverage by Romeo so much and then got hurt last year...otherwise, he would have some amazing sack totals at this point in his career.

Urc Burry
02-01-2015, 11:36 AM
I love Houston.. He is probably the second best front 7 player in the league. But, he is no JJ Watt. If you are saying Houston was better than Watt this season then you only watched Chiefs games. Watt is a freak of nature and is far and away the best defensive player in the league. He has the potential to go down as one of the greatest ever. And 20.5 interior sacks > 22 from the edge.
Edit: yes I know Watt lined up all over the line and got a lot off the edge also

WhiteWhale
02-01-2015, 11:38 AM

JJ Watt is not marketed like that because he's white.

He's marketed that way because he's legitimately the best defensive player since Reggie White.

Also, they've been tracking QB hits since before Watt was a pro. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

salame
02-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Watt is a stud who puts himself out there more. I don't see any stories about Justin Houston visiting hospitals and charity stuff.

WhiteWhale
02-01-2015, 11:40 AM
I love Houston.. He is probably the second best front 7 player in the league. But, he is no JJ Watt. If you are saying Houston was better than Watt this season then you only watched Chiefs games. Watt is a freak of nature and is far and away the best defensive player in the league. He has the potential to go down as one of the greatest ever. And 20.5 interior sacks > 22 from the edge.
Edit: yes I know Watt lined up all over the line and got a lot off the edge also

I think Houston closed that gap considerably this past season. He is, hands down, the best defensive player not named JJ Watt.

WhiteWhale
02-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Allen was one strike from being out of the league for a year, IIRC, which is not the case with Houston, nor is John Dorsey the same as Carl Peterson.

Nor is Houston going to trump up some bullshit reason.

Allen wanted out of KC because they sucked, but he played the 'disrespect' card publically. I never bought it. He wanted away from this shit show that was Herm's KC Chiefs.

Urc Burry
02-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I think Houston closed that gap considerably this past season. He is, hands down, the best defensive player not named JJ Watt.

Yeah, and I agree with that. They are both incredible players, and I'm glad we are to have one of them. And hopefully long term soon

cwhocares
02-01-2015, 12:02 PM

What a PUTZ. JJ Watt is that good. White, black, brown, any color. I am surprised that Houston didn't get any votes, but Watt is phenomenal. And that is not meant to take anything away from Houston.

Mr. Laz
02-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Watt plays a higher value position as well. imo.

Discuss Thrower
02-01-2015, 12:21 PM
... like this...?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0824/576x324_vickwhite.jpg

kysirsoze
02-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Wow, what a terrible argument.

Of course it's unanimous. There's no good argument for Houston here. Was he a close second? Sure. In most years would he take the award? I think so. None of that matters. Watt easily could have been MVP. That's the only real problem I could understand someone having with how things shaped up.

RealSNR
02-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Jon Gruden makes it hard to like a lot of players in the NFL.

But JJ Watt is so good that it's downright impossible to really hate him.

He's legendary. And he seems nice.

And also, he has white skin. That's always a plus

Easy 6
02-01-2015, 12:56 PM
:facepalm:

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2015, 01:01 PM
If Justin Houston was white and JJ Watt was black

...their respective names would probably fit 'em better. But that's about it.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2015, 01:02 PM
... like this...?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0824/576x324_vickwhite.jpg

Chaz sure is cute!

KCUnited
02-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Let's not pretend that Houston is just a little black either.

kysirsoze
02-01-2015, 01:06 PM

LMAO

MahiMike
02-01-2015, 01:28 PM
This is the 1st time ever I actually agree with the prejudice thing. JJ is just more marketable. Of course it helps that he's a man of character and never has gotten caught smoking weed...

Just Passin' By
02-01-2015, 02:39 PM
This is the 1st time ever I actually agree with the prejudice thing. JJ is just more marketable. Of course it helps that he's a man of character and never has gotten caught smoking weed...

.... and that he was the best defensive player in the NFL.

ThatRaceCardGuy
02-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Love J Houston but Watt deserved it this year. I don't see how race had anything to do with it and according to the mods on chiefsplanent (hence my name change) I'm the race card guy...according to old white Republicans on the board....I rock it with pride - its proof of mod butt hurt.

kysirsoze
02-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Love J Houston but Watt deserved it this year. I don't see how race had anything to do with it and according to the mods on chiefsplanent (hence my name change) I'm the race card guy...according to old white Republicans on the board....I wear it with oride because its proof of mod butt hurt.

I think "The Race Card" is valid more often than people would like to admit, but this is ridiculous.

In58men
02-02-2015, 02:54 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/02/258f7d159ef383aad461f7ddea6a7d98.jpg

penguinz
02-02-2015, 03:01 PM
God I hate his artwork.

Mr. Laz
02-02-2015, 03:16 PM
I think "The Race Card" is valid more often than people would like to admit, but this is ridiculous.
the nfl doesn't give a shit about race other than how it relates to marketability and how much money it produces

Now if you want to say that Watt is more marketable because he white then that's on the American market, not the NFL.

Ask Richard Sherman about that, he's marketing the hell out of himself and he's not the best CB in the league.

kccrow
02-02-2015, 05:19 PM
WTF??????????

What does white or black have to do with any of it?

My God.

I will say though that I was looking at this situation.

J.J. Watt had 78 tackles, 20.5 sacks, 10 Pass defenses, 1 int, and 4 FF with 5 Fumb Rec as a 3-4 DE.

Justin Houston had 69 tackles, 22.0 sacks, 5 Pass defenses, and 4 FF as a 3-4 OLB.

I'd say there isn't much statistical difference there, except for those types of stats by a 3-4 DE are nearly impossible to put up and Watt has done it twice now (2012). Watt is on pace to be in the company of only one player in NFL history, Bruce Smith. Watt has twice put up more sacks in a season than Smith ever did, with Smith's single-season highest mark being 19.

However, I don't sneeze at Justin Houston either, as he put up the most sacks by a 3-4 OLB in NFL history. That's more than even Lawrence Taylor, who had 20.5. He also beat out DeMarcus Ware, who twice posted great numbers, including 20 and 19.5 sacks in 2008 and 2011. He even beat out KC's Derrick Thomas, who had 20.

Those are the numbers everyone looks at, but was it even closer?

According to PFF, the two supposedly had the following numbers:
Watt had 44 QB hits and 53 pressures, in addition to his sacks, over 631 pass rush snaps resulting in a rush percent of 18.6%
Houston had 8 QB hits and 53 pressures, in addition to his sacks, over 444 pass rush snaps, resulting in a rush percent of 18.6%.

Sporting Charts says that Watt had 32 pressures and Houston 26.

Any way you slice it, they are close.

I won't ever understand how Watt received unanimous DPOY. This is likely favoritism by NFL writers more than anything. This was a classic case of what should have been a split award, and Houston didn't even get a vote. That is sad, but I'm not going to blame it on race. What Watt did was phenomenal in its own right.

kcxiv
02-02-2015, 05:36 PM

nope, because every single person should have voted for Watt. He has another great season. Slightly better then Houston. Why would you give a first place vote to someone who shouldnt have gotten any?

ThaVirus
02-02-2015, 05:59 PM

He's the type of black guy that CPers walk across the street to avoid.

SAUTO
02-02-2015, 06:10 PM
He's the type of black guy that CPers walk across the street to avoid.

LMAO, why?

Just Passin' By
02-02-2015, 06:19 PM
WTF??????????

What does white or black have to do with any of it?

My God.

I will say though that I was looking at this situation.

J.J. Watt had 78 tackles, 20.5 sacks, 10 Pass defenses, 1 int, and 4 FF with 5 Fumb Rec as a 3-4 DE.

Justin Houston had 69 tackles, 22.0 sacks, 5 Pass defenses, and 4 FF as a 3-4 OLB.

I'd say there isn't much statistical difference there, except for those types of stats by a 3-4 DE are nearly impossible to put up and Watt has done it twice now (2012). Watt is on pace to be in the company of only one player in NFL history, Bruce Smith. Watt has twice put up more sacks in a season than Smith ever did, with Smith's single-season highest mark being 19.

However, I don't sneeze at Justin Houston either, as he put up the most sacks by a 3-4 OLB in NFL history. That's more than even Lawrence Taylor, who had 20.5. He also beat out DeMarcus Ware, who twice posted great numbers, including 20 and 19.5 sacks in 2008 and 2011. He even beat out KC's Derrick Thomas, who had 20.

Those are the numbers everyone looks at, but was it even closer?

According to PFF, the two supposedly had the following numbers:
Watt had 44 QB hits and 53 pressures, in addition to his sacks, over 631 pass rush snaps resulting in a rush percent of 18.6%
Houston had 8 QB hits and 53 pressures, in addition to his sacks, over 444 pass rush snaps, resulting in a rush percent of 18.6%.

Sporting Charts says that Watt had 32 pressures and Houston 26.

Any way you slice it, they are close.

I won't ever understand how Watt received unanimous DPOY. This is likely favoritism by NFL writers more than anything. This was a classic case of what should have been a split award, and Houston didn't even get a vote. That is sad, but I'm not going to blame it on race. What Watt did was phenomenal in its own right.

:spock:

So Watts numbers are better, and he got them from a tougher position to get them, but some idiots out there should still have voted for Houston just because his numbers are almost as good?

If everyone is voting for the best player, and the best player is Watt, why should anyone vote for Houston? When did DPOY become a parliamentary style vote with apportionment?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-02-2015, 06:27 PM

So Watts numbers are better, and he got them from a tougher position to get them, but some idiots out there should still have voted for Houston just because his numbers are almost as good?

If everyone is voting for the best player, and the best player is Watt, why should anyone vote for Houston? When did DPOY become a parliamentary style vote with apportionment?

This.

And I don't give a fuck if it's "Man of the Year" or "Biggest Asshole on the Bench", Lil' Chiefy should be more concerned about team failure than individual accomplishment.

And finally, since your victory can not go un-hated:

I fully expect a book to hit the shelves about 10 to 15 years from now entitled, "Patriot Way II: How Robert Kraft, Rodger Goodell, and Tom Brady destroyed the NFL".

Thank you.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-02-2015, 06:29 PM

No one cares what you think.

Just Passin' By
02-02-2015, 06:35 PM

Coincidentally, I don't care what you think. Strange how that's working out.

RealSNR
02-02-2015, 06:44 PM
One is a 3-4 DE playing for Romeo fucking Crennel.

The other plays a far more advantageous position in terms of racking up sacks.

I don't know how or why one should expect any person to vote for Houston over Watt.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Coincidentally, I don't care what you think. Strange how that's working out.

There is a Pats planet dumbass

kccrow
02-02-2015, 08:35 PM

I wouldn't say the numbers Houston put up were any "easier" to get even from the OLB position. I'd say it is far easier for a 3-4 OLB to routinely put up 10-15 sacks than it is to do from the 3-4 DE position. What Justin Houston did was never done before by a 3-4 OLB. What was done by JJ Watt has only been done by himself. Both were rare feats. I thought that, given the circumstances of both accomplishments, they should have shared that award. If I had to choose only 1, yeah I'd give it to Watt. I thought it a bit of a slap for Houston not to get a single vote though.

Deberg_1990
02-02-2015, 08:38 PM
But what if Houston was Latino and Watt Pacific Islander?

ThaVirus
02-02-2015, 08:56 PM
The Texans move Watt all over the line, as we do with Houston. They're both just as much a terror on the interior as they are coming off the edge.

They're special talents.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Hype matters. It's why morons call Beatmode the best back in football. Watt deserved the award though.

Just Passin' By
02-03-2015, 12:50 PM
There is a Pats planet dumbass

When you own the site, you make the rules. Until then, go **** yourself. It's sports. If you can't take some disagreement, and can't accept that people who don't follow the same team can still talk sports together, you've got a problem.

Rukdafaidas
02-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Watt is definitely a freak of nature.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uqrxc-7tYs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tonka83
02-03-2015, 03:03 PM
It must suck to go through life believing there is a boogieman hiding behind every bush.

Amnorix
02-03-2015, 03:07 PM

Mostly because Watt is better. But it could also be that Watt is better.

Oh, and I should mention that Watt > Houston.

Amnorix
02-03-2015, 03:08 PM

Shut it n00b.

:p