PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If that had been the Chiefs last night...

Eleazar
02-02-2015, 05:59 PM
If that had been the Chiefs out there last night, losing in the way Seattle did, how do you think ChiefsPlanet would be faring today?

Alex Smith got blasted here for not being able to force Bowe to make a semi-routine catch in the Colts playoff game, even though it was a complete defensive collapse that lead to that moment, for example.

Brady completed as many passes in the fourth quarter as Wilson did all night. Wilson has not always looked great in big moments.

I think if Brady were the QB instead of Wilson, Brady throws the ball earlier, before the receiver breaks, and the DB doesn't have time to close.

What would ChiefsPlanet be doing to Russell Wilson today? Calling him a game manager?

Saying it's all over, and we should blow it up and tank for #1.1?

What do you think Chiefsplanet would be like today?

Katipan
02-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Still drunk.

More than a few emergency contacts being called.

Simply Red
02-02-2015, 06:01 PM
I think it literally may've killed the site, had that happened.

Buck
02-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Part of imagining a team losing a Super Bowl like that is being able to imagine that team making the Super Bowl.

Deberg_1990
02-02-2015, 06:02 PM
We would be calling for Tyler Bray or Murray to start next season

Tribal Warfare
02-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Calling for Reid's head for not running the ball into the endzone with a timeout to burn.

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Alex Smith got blasted here for not being able to force Bowe to make a semi-routine catch in the Colts playoff game, even though it was a complete defensive collapse that lead to that moment, for example.

Actually, Alex Smith got blasted for a careless fumble that changed the momentum, and for the offense all but disappearing in the 2nd half, which aided the Colts' comeback. He also got blasted for piss-poor clock management .(snapping the ball with 10+ seconds on the play clock when the one thing the Colts needed was time)

Many of the same things Seattle and Wilson are getting blasted for today - the offense disappearing in the 2nd half, poor clock management and a careless turnover.

Personally, I think instead of throwing the ball earlier, a QB like Manning or Brady checks out of that play completely.

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Part of imagining a team losing a Super Bowl like that is being able to imagine that team making the Super Bowl.

Oh, and this.

My first reaction was to laugh at the premise stated in the OP.

Bugeater
02-02-2015, 06:08 PM
I don't think the server, or me as a fan, would ever recover from a cock punch like that.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Oh, and this.

My first reaction was to laugh at the premise stated in the OP.

After last year I can't imagine them winning a playoff game.

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2015, 06:11 PM
I don't think the server, or me as a fan, would ever recover from a cock punch like that.

You gotta admit though - once you finish the uncontrollable laughing from the thought of the Chiefs in the SB - if we ever were to make the big game, that's exactly the way it would end.

Because, Chiefs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 06:12 PM
You don't recover from a loss like that. Ever. That's the worst part about sports. Losing is always worse than winning is good.

Brock
02-02-2015, 06:12 PM
That would mean the chiefs won at least a couple of playoff games. I'd still be happy.

SAUTO
02-02-2015, 06:13 PM
I probably would have killed some poor sapp...

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2015, 06:13 PM
I probably would have killed some poor sapp...

At least let him get his hooker first.

Deberg_1990
02-02-2015, 06:16 PM
You don't recover from a loss like that. Ever. That's the worst part about sports. Losing is always worse than winning is good.

We basically went through the same things as Seahawk fan did with the Royals a few months ago.

Bugeater
You gotta admit though - once you finish the uncontrollable laughing from the thought of the Chiefs in the SB - if we ever were to make the big game, that's exactly the way it would end.

Because, Chiefs.
I guess we should be thankful that we'll never have to worry about it happening. LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
We basically went through the same things as Seahawk fan did with the Royals a few months ago.

Really?

Won the WS in 2013 and then botched your chance for back-to-back?

Katipan
02-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Really?

I really doubt losing in that manner is made WORSE by it being a back-to-back Superbowl. It's all pretty throw yourself off a bridge horrible.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 06:19 PM

Not even close. The only thing close to that would have been if there had been a runner on first and Gordon scored, causing the Giants to lose because Blanco made an all-time dumbfuck play in the outfield.

You got a runner on third through incredible luck and then had a batter pop out against a great pitcher. That's a little different than needing a yard with multiples cracks and a great goal line back and deciding to throw it into a shoebox.

the Talking Can
02-02-2015, 06:27 PM
if alex smith won a superbowl for us last year, and almost won another for us this year...how would we feel?

you used the example of QB going to back-to-back superbowls to try and redeem alex smith? or just slur wilson?

chiefs fans and QBs, always the dumbest

Simply Red
02-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Calling for Reid's head for not running the ball into the endzone with a timeout to burn.

I still can't get over that :banghead:

Christ even I know to run there. Good grief.

Deberg_1990
02-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Really?

I just meant the emotions of losing a close game in the final seconds or minutes.

Hootie
02-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Actually, Alex Smith got blasted for a careless fumble that changed the momentum, and for the offense all but disappearing in the 2nd half, which aided the Colts' comeback. He also got blasted for piss-poor clock management .(snapping the ball with 10+ seconds on the play clock when the one thing the Colts needed was time)

Many of the same things Seattle and Wilson are getting blasted for today - the offense disappearing in the 2nd half, poor clock management and a careless turnover.

Personally, I think instead of throwing the ball earlier, a QB like Manning or Brady checks out of that play completely.
Their offense disappeared in the second half? What?

When? The fourth quarter, when they did what every NFL team does with a 10 point lead?

Go watch that missed defensive pass interference. Butler falls down, grabs Lockettes foot, trips him, no call. Not only that, but if he misses the trip, that's a HUGE gain and probably game over.

And your continuous idea that Alex Smith had anything to do with last year's playoff loss is hysterical to me.

OnTheWarpath15
02-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Their offense disappeared in the second half? What?

When? The fourth quarter, when they did what every NFL team does with a 10 point lead?

Go watch that missed defensive pass interference. Butler falls down, grabs Lockettes foot, trips him, no call. Not only that, but if he misses the trip, that's a HUGE gain and probably game over.

And your continuous idea that Alex Smith had anything to do with last year's playoff loss is hysterical to me.

Happy to amuse you. Last I checked, Alex is on the team. The team lost.

I guess I forgot to revisit Chapter 1 of the Bible of Alex:

When the Chiefs win, "all Alex does is win".

When the Chiefs lose, "[insert player, coach or situation here] is the reason we lost.

Don't worry, I won't derail the thread. Hootie can continue his "Russell Wilson and his 12 completions were amazing last night" crusade.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 06:42 PM
I just meant the emotions of losing a close game in the final seconds or minutes.

It's not the same. That was the equivalent of having prime Mo Rivera on the mound up one with two outs and in the bottom of the 9th of game 7 with a runner on first and taking him out so that your LOOGY can face 2004 Albert Pujols.

Getting walked off is not the same as missing a game tying shot or popping out.

RealSNR
02-02-2015, 06:49 PM
I have zero sympathy for Seahawks fans. None whatsoever.

The only teams' fans I would feel sorry for if they got cock-punched like that in the Super Bowl last night would be the Bills, Browns, Bengals, and Lions.

Everybody else doesn't fucking know what REAL losing feels like.

Chiefspants
02-02-2015, 06:52 PM

As awful as it is to say, that's essentially where I am with the Royals atm.

Simply Red
02-02-2015, 06:53 PM

The only teams' fans I would feel sorry for if they got cock-punched like that in the Super Bowl last night would be the Bills, Browns, Bengals, and Lions.

Everybody else doesn't ****ing know what REAL losing feels like.

I really think next year will be much better. I'm staying optimistic, so far I've only lost one friend over it! But I still say we win the west next season. Just think it's our turn and time to. :shrug:

Simply Red
02-02-2015, 06:55 PM
As awful as it is to say, that's essentially where I am with the Royals atm.

I'm a little surprised by that - believe it or not I pay attention to your baseball posts. I was darned proud of those guys.

Simply Red
02-02-2015, 06:56 PM
It's nice to have Cochise back posting again, he brings a nice balance to the force, on here. Have to say - I too thought/wondered about the OP's question last night, as well. LOL

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Everybody else doesn't fucking know what REAL losing feels like.

I don't feel bad for the Seahawks fans more than other fanbases. However, I am continually disgusted and wholly unsurprised that it was a cabal as lecherous as the Patriots and their shitbag, Sully-and-Murph-alcoholic-racist-Masshole fans, that would benefit from such misfortune.

This is a mic dropper, and no I won't recant on it:

If there has to be another terrorist attack somewhere in the US at some point, or if an asteroid has to hit some metropolitan area, I hope it's Boston. It is an awful, awful city.

Prison Bitch
02-02-2015, 06:57 PM
I wondered what it would be like losing a Super Bowl like that. I figured it must be like having Kate Upton dump you.

mlyonsd
02-02-2015, 06:57 PM
If the Chiefs ever get back into a SB during my lifetime and we lose, it will play out exactly like last night.

I had the luxury of watching the Chiefs win a SB and I feel bad for you guys that haven't.

mlyonsd
02-02-2015, 06:58 PM
I don't feel bad for the Seahawks fans more than other fanbases. However, I am continually disgusted and wholly unsurprised that it was a cabal as lecherous as the Patriots and their shitbag, Sully-and-Murph-alcoholic-racist-Masshole fans, that would benefit from such misfortune.

If there has to be another terrorist attack somewhere in the US at some point, or if an asteroid has to hit some metropolitan area, I hope it's Boston. It is an awful, awful city.Well they had the last one and they still won a SB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 06:59 PM
Well they had the last one and they still won a SB.

Don't forget when their baseball team latched on to a made up slogan months afterwards and bought another WS title, which is fine unless the "Evil Empire" is doing it.

Hootie
02-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Well, I will say ... after the way the Hawks represented themselves during the course of that game with whatever Baldwin was doing in the end zone, Sherman mocking Revis for no reason, and the fight at the end ... it's safe to say I never want those fuckers to have any success again.

I still think Russell is awesome. He's pure class. Those other guys? AIDS.

RealSNR
02-02-2015, 07:01 PM

If there has to be another terrorist attack somewhere in the US at some point, or if an asteroid has to hit some metropolitan area, I hope it's Boston. It is an awful, awful city.

I mean, there was the Boston marathon a couple years ago, but I'm assuming that's not the kind of terrorist attack you're talking about.

Chiefspants
02-02-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm a little surprised by that - believe it or not I pay attention to your baseball posts. I was darned proud of those guys.

This is probably way too personal, but I had been coping with a very difficult loss in 2014 and had/have been struggling with depression since the beginning of that year. The Royals' phenomenal run in October lifted me out of it for a while, but listening to Denny call the final out in the parking lot at Kaufman felt like a relapse of the heartbreak I had been struggling with all year.

I have a feeling that once the voice of Denny Matthews' is pumping through my car radio on opening day, my love for all things Royals will be restored again.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I mean, there was the Boston marathon a couple years ago, but I'm assuming that's not the kind of terrorist attack you're talking about.

I'm well aware of that. And if people want to bomb other places in the US, please, hit Boston if you must choose somewhere (just avoid Ultra Peanut).

Hootie
but I do agree with Hamas, though

Fuck Boston. Fuck their fans. They didn't deserve that one bit last night. Not one. I would have rather have seen them win by 30 then witness what I watched.

Belichick made a colossal error at the end, saw his team's win % fall to 13% on that 2nd down ... and then some no name asshole pulled a fucking rabbit out of his hat when the Hawks decided to run the worst play in the history of the NFL.

Just unbelievable. I still can't understand it.

Hootie
02-02-2015, 07:04 PM
because their stupid ass fans won't even admit they got lucky

they'll claim Belichick was a "genius" at the end.

you know

even though he made a colossal, all-time fuck up right there.

The narrative totally changed in 1 play.

it went from 'omg Belichick blew the Super Bowl and took the game out of Brady's hands" to "worst-play-in-NFL-history-gate"

Simply Red
02-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Andy would have brought in Miles and Linkenbach - so we they would have pushed our shit in - hypothetically of course...

mlyonsd
02-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Well, I will say ... after the way the Hawks represented themselves during the course of that game with whatever Baldwin was doing in the end zone, Sherman mocking Revis for no reason, and the fight at the end ... it's safe to say I never want those ****ers to have any success again.

I still think Russell is awesome. He's pure class. Those other guys? AIDS.

I can totally agree with this.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-02-2015, 07:15 PM
The clowns couldn't even admitted they cheated hootie. They made excuses for their team like it was their son. Pathetic fan base. Tuck rule, spy gate, recording rams practice, deflating balls for a decade, and now one yard of pure luck.

Why Not?
02-02-2015, 07:27 PM

Still different. The Royals had the tiniest glimmer of faint hope to tie the game. The Seahawks had a super bowl win. I imagine for even the slightest emotionally invested fan, this loss will be crushing for months or years. A few months removed and most of us feel nothing but pride for the Royals.

Chiefspants
02-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Still different. The Royals had the tiniest glimmer of faint hope to tie the game. The Seahawks had a super bowl win. I imagine for even the slightest emotionally invested fan, this loss will be crushing for months or years. A few months removed and most of us feel nothing but pride for the Royals.

Nah, man. If the Royals won it all in 2014, I wouldn't care if they blew a 3-0 World Series' leads in each of the next three years. One championship is all I (and many others) would need.

DaFace
02-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Probably depends on whether we won the Super Bowl in 2014 or not. If we did, it'd suck giant donkey balls, but I'd still be ecstatic about the season after the dust cleared.

If we didn't, it'd be devastating - the way this franchise goes, it might've been the only chance in my lifetime to see them win one.

Hootie
02-02-2015, 07:33 PM
that's very true

could you imagine if Seattle did that and they didn't win the Super Bowl the year before?

Seattle fans would literally be calling for Carrol's head

GoChargers
02-02-2015, 07:57 PM

In fairness, the Spurs have recovered from a loss like that three times (0.4, Manu's foul, Game 6). It's not impossible. Problem is, Seattle needs a Tim Duncan under center but their QB is more like a Shane Battier.

DaneMcCloud
02-02-2015, 08:06 PM
The Bills had four consecutive Super Bowl appearances and it wasn't until Kelly fell apart and Polian left that they sunk to their current depth. The Minnesota Vikings also had four shots in the 70's, fell of a cliff after Bud Grant quit and didn't get back on track for a few years later.

I'm pretty sure that one Super Bowl loss by the Chiefs, even one as heinous as Seattle's wouldn't deter Chiefs fans from coming out strong the following season. Hell, they have one of the strongest fan bases in all professional sports and the Chiefs haven't won anything since 1970.

DaneMcCloud
02-02-2015, 08:10 PM

I had my first interaction with a Boston fan on Facebook last night and the guy was a complete and utter dick. We were both commenting on one of my very good friend's post about New England's cheating, and this guy just went off and repeated called us "Losers" for pointing out facts, not opinion, but facts.

My friend is a very successful producer and this guy owns and runs a PR firm for film and TV. After his comments, I can't see why a anyone would work with him, ever.

Psyko Tek
02-02-2015, 08:11 PM

If this doesn't break seattle for 5 years or so I will be surprised, Carol, will have to fire his OC, at least

bet Lynch is gone
and others are thinking about going for cash now

If we see that was a stupid play imagine how the players feel

DaneMcCloud
02-02-2015, 08:14 PM
To be honest, I don't see too much of a difference between Seattle's loss and the Royals losing in Game 7 to Madison Bumgarner for the third time in terms of heartbreak.

I'd be happy that the Chiefs got down to the waning seconds of winning a Super Bowl but wouldn't have been shocked to see them blow it.

DaneMcCloud
02-02-2015, 08:17 PM
If this doesn't break seattle for 5 years or so I will be surprised, Carol, will have to fire his OC, at least

bet Lynch is gone
and others are thinking about going for cash now

If we see that was a stupid play imagine how the players feel

Oh, come on, Dude. That just overreaction.

Seattle was beat up. Sherman was playing hurt and needs Tommy John surgery. Their starting safety, Jeremy Lane has a badly broken arm. Other guys were hurting as well yet they should have won the Super Bowl.

These guys are too young to simply fall apart.

JD10367
02-02-2015, 08:17 PM

Die in a fire. And enjoy this photo while you burn to death.

Chiefspants
02-02-2015, 08:18 PM
To be honest, I don't see too much of a difference between Seattle's loss and the Royals losing in Game 7 to Madison Bumgarner for the third time in terms of heartbreak.

Yup. I'm still trying to reconcile the fact that they may not make it back and to be happy with the run they made in October.

Eh. Sorry to be a downer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Die in a fire. And enjoy this photo while you burn to death.

The biggest problem with the Redcoats wasn't taxation without representation or the rape of colonial resources, but that they stopped at five during the Boston Massacre

splatbass
02-02-2015, 08:39 PM

Spent much time there?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 08:41 PM
Spent much time there?

Yes, I have. I considered going to graduate school there at one point.

listopencil
02-02-2015, 08:45 PM
I think it literally may've killed the site, had that happened.

^

splatbass
02-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Yes, I have. I considered going to graduate school there at one point.

You went to college? Hard to tell from your posts. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 09:15 PM
You went to college? Hard to tell from your posts. :D

Right.

splatbass
02-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Right.

I was just asking because I've heard a lot of people complaining about places they've never been. For example, when I lived in Missouri a lot of people would call California the "land of fruits and nuts", but most of them had never actually been there. Glad to know you have been to the place you spew hatred against.

Although saying you hope they have a terrorist attack is despicable. So is hating an entire city as if every single person there is exactly alike. There are good people and bad people everywhere. And none of them deserve to die in a terrorist attack.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 09:25 PM
I was just asking because I've heard a lot of people complaining about places they've never been. For example, when I lived in Missouri a lot of people would call California the "land of fruits and nuts", but most of them had never actually been there. Glad to know you have been to the place you spew hatred against.

Although saying you hope they have a terrorist attack is despicable.

I'm not saying I hope they have a terrorist attack; I'm saying they are the forlorn hope I'd toss through the breech first if one had to happen somewhere.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

splatbass
02-02-2015, 09:28 PM
I'm not saying I hope they have a terrorist attack; I'm saying they are the forlorn hope I'd toss through the breech first if one had to happen somewhere.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Still despicable, and morally the equivalent of ISIS.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Well, I would root for ISIS if they played the Patriots.

RealSNR
02-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Still despicable, and morally the equivalent of ISIS.

Let's say you got kidnapped by some James Moriarty-type villain. He has his men on the ground in every major US metropolitan area with a population above a certain number (say, several million). He says, "Pick one of those cities, and I'll have my guys do a terrorist attack on that city. If you refuse to pick a city, I'll attack all of them."

You would pick a city, right?

mr. tegu
02-02-2015, 09:39 PM
I am as big a Royals fan as anyone and I am still depressed about that loss. Winning the World Series in that manner coming out of nowhere and rising from decades of futility to win it all would have been the ultimate payoff.

That being said we did not have game seven nearly as close to being won as Seattle. If Gordon is on third with no outs it becomes a closer comparison but we still needed to score twice to win. As it was we had one out to score twice. Seattle only needed to score once with three "outs."

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 09:39 PM
People forget: the bad guy won in Broken Arrow. Travolta was going to nuke Denver before Christian Slater stopped him. The only thing that gives Slater some measure of forgiveness is that he killed Howie Long in the process.

wazu
02-02-2015, 09:41 PM

I'd be happy that the Chiefs got down to the waning seconds of winning a Super Bowl but wouldn't have been shocked to see them blow it.

There is a massive difference. The Seahawks had already won the game. They needed to get Lynch to move the ball a foot and a half in three plays. After blowing a double digit lead in the 4th quarter that's all they needed and it was over. And the way the got in position with an insane, against-all-odd juggling catch it seemed like a moment of inevitable great destiny.

And then...they call a pick pass play. From the 1.5 foot line. And it was INTERCEPTED! Oh, wow. That would-have-been dynasty died right there. That franchise might never recover!

Now, I don't feel bad for Hawk fans. Their fan base got to experience Super Bowl glory last year. But if that had been the Chiefs. Ho Lee Fuck Ing Shit. This town would be swallowed up by the Earth's core!

The Royals just lost to Superman. They did every ounce of everything they were capable of squeaking out. And came up 90 feet short of the promised land. And as they rev up Spring Training this town is chomping at the bit on a wave of all positive vibes for baseball to start up again. Night and day difference in terms of heartbreak.

Baby Lee
02-02-2015, 09:56 PM

The Royals won the 2013 World Series and I missed it?

splatbass
02-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Let's say you got kidnapped by some James Moriarty-type villain. He has his men on the ground in every major US metropolitan area with a population above a certain number (say, several million). He says, "Pick one of those cities, and I'll have my guys do a terrorist attack on that city. If you refuse to pick a city, I'll attack all of them."

Because that is likely to happen.

Where do you live?

RealSNR
02-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Because that is likely to happen.

Where do you live?

Madison wouldn't be on the list. Not enough people. Your best option would be to select Milwaukee and hope that I'm in town that day.

Saccopoo
02-02-2015, 10:22 PM
People forget: the bad guy won in Broken Arrow. Travolta was going to nuke Denver before Christian Slater stopped him. The only thing that gives Slater some measure of forgiveness is that he killed Howie Long in the process.

You just admitted that you watched Broken Arrow all the way through.

Think about it.

Saccopoo
02-02-2015, 10:24 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/znlxif61eGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

splatbass
02-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Madison wouldn't be on the list. Not enough people. Your best option would be to select Milwaukee and hope that I'm in town that day.

I won't choose a city to be attacked.

I've been to a lot of cities all around the country and a few in other countries and I've never been somewhere where I hated an entire city. I will never understand anyone that has a hatred for a place like Hamas does. There are good people everywhere.

I like Wisconsin anyway. Where does Hamas live?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-02-2015, 10:41 PM

This.

Or in this particular pretext:

Chile' please.

Alex Smith in a Chiefs SB?

Chortle.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 10:49 PM
You just admitted that you watched Broken Arrow all the way through.

Think about it.

More than once, bruh.

http://media.giphy.com/media/13U5CK2P7h0Jqg/giphy.gif

Saccopoo
02-02-2015, 10:51 PM
More than once, bruh.

http://media.giphy.com/media/13U5CK2P7h0Jqg/giphy.gif

Certainly not by choice...

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/browbeat/2012/04/26/ClockworkOrangeGIF2.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Certainly not by choice...

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/browbeat/2012/04/26/ClockworkOrangeGIF2.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4Ikq7G9.gif?1

Rain Man
02-02-2015, 11:16 PM

If I knew that Howie Long wouldn't get any residuals for it, I would watch a movie just to see him die.

RealSNR
02-02-2015, 11:18 PM
I won't choose a city to be attacked.

I've been to a lot of cities all around the country and a few in other countries and I've never been somewhere where I hated an entire city. I will never understand anyone that has a hatred for a place like Hamas does. There are good people everywhere.

I like Wisconsin anyway. Where does Hamas live?

If you don't choose, then in my silly unrealistic scenario, they're ALL going to get attacked.

Just saying.

splatbass
02-02-2015, 11:23 PM
If you don't choose, then in my silly unrealistic scenario, they're ALL going to get attacked.

Just saying.

Bye motherfuckers.

:p

Rain Man
02-02-2015, 11:26 PM
I can think of two cities where the collateral damage of innocent deaths would be worth killing some incredibly repugnant people.

Eleazar
02-02-2015, 11:36 PM
It's nice to have Cochise back posting again, he brings a nice balance to the force, on here. Have to say - I too thought/wondered about the OP's question last night, as well. LOL

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/194880-3x2-940x627.jpg

keg in kc
02-02-2015, 11:48 PM
If it had been the Chiefs last night, I would've woken up, realized it was still sunday, and that I had dreamed the whole thing. Because this fucking franchise is never making another super bowl.

Dave Lane
02-02-2015, 11:50 PM

It was exactly the right call though. It was the play they should run. Just not the result.

keg in kc
02-02-2015, 11:53 PM
It was exactly the right call though. It was the play they should run. Just not the result.That's the funniest part of all this: nobody wants to say the golden boy fucked up. Carrell takes the bullet after the game. All that night and all day today everybody is bitching about the play call.

Whereas I'm thinking that the play probably wasn't designed to end in a pick, and the guy who threw the ball should probably be taking some of the heat.

Brock
02-02-2015, 11:55 PM
It was exactly the right call though. It was the play they should run. Just not the result.

Ha ha no.

Brock
02-03-2015, 12:01 AM
A lot of things can happen with that play in that situation and almost all of them are bad. That was reid level dumb.

Dave Lane
02-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Ha ha no.

Ha ha yes.

Dave Lane
02-03-2015, 12:17 AM
A lot of things can happen with that play in that situation and almost all of them are bad. That was reid level dumb.

If you run and don't make it then what? You take your time out and what do you have to do on 3rd down? You have to pass so if you don't make it you don't let time expire. All they did was flip 2nd and 3rd down. IF its incomplete you stop the clock. You run on 3rd down. You don't make it take your time out come up with a plan and do 4th down.

GoChargers
02-03-2015, 12:31 AM
That's the funniest part of all this: nobody wants to say the golden boy fucked up. Carrell takes the bullet after the game. All that night and all day today everybody is bitching about the play call.

Whereas I'm thinking that the play probably wasn't designed to end in a pick, and the guy who threw the ball should probably be taking some of the heat.

This. Not the greatest playcall by any stretch of the imagination, but real elite quarterbacks would be able to complete a 1-yard pass at the goal line with the Super Bowl on the line. Not Russell Dilfer, though.

Rausch
02-03-2015, 12:31 AM
If you run and don't make it then what? You take your time out and what do you have to do on 3rd down?

Whatever you want because you didn't turn the ball over...

Brock
02-03-2015, 12:33 AM
Ha ha yes.

Very silly. If you must pass in that situation, it's play action and definitely NOT in a place where the ball could be batted. That call is indefensible. Carroll got outcoached by belichick not calling timeout like he expected and he panicked. Running lynch was the correct call 100 times out of 100.

Hootie
02-03-2015, 12:44 AM
Very silly. If you must pass in that situation, it's play action and definitely NOT in a place where the ball could be batted. That call is indefensible. Carroll got outcoached by belichick not calling timeout like he expected and he panicked. Running lynch was the correct call 100 times out of 100.

100%

and that's pretty much the end of it

There is no debate after that. That was the most ridiculous play call in the history of the NFL given the circumstance.

Hootie
02-03-2015, 12:50 AM
by the way

the people saying you couldn't run on 3rd down if Lynch got stopped are wrong

it definitely wouldn't be ideal, and I wouldn't call a run

but once you call that timeout after 2nd down if Lynch gets stopped ... you call your 3rd and 4th down play in the timeout in case Russell takes a sack or they do run with Lynch (or Wilson) and they get stopped short. 23 seconds would have been enough time.

but again

I run it to Lynch on 2nd down (call a timeout if he gets stopped)

and then, on 3rd down, I bootleg Russell and make sure he knows he can't take a sack...and see if you can get something there.

On 4th down (assuming incomplete and still on the 1 yard line)...I run read option. Let Russell make the read. If they stop it, they stop it. Good for them. If they stopped Seattle 3 plays in a row on the 1 they deserve the Super Bowl. No doubt.

Of course, Belichick fucked up from the start. He should have called the timeout with 55 seconds and let them score on 2nd down. That would have given Brady 50 seconds and a timeout from around the 20-30 to get into FG range and get into overtime. The odds of the Patriots winning were clearly the best in this scenario.

Advanced stats had the Hawks at 87% chance to win on that 2nd down after Belichick didn't call a timeout.

And again, I realize the Pats prevailed on an all-time play the way Belichick played it...

But again, if we're playing poker with our hands turned up so I can see your cards...you hit trip aces on the turn and bet $1M dollars and I call with a gutshot straight and then I hit on the river...that doesn't make my play a good play, or explainable.

KC_Connection
02-03-2015, 01:18 AM
24 hours hasn't made it any easier to understand that Seattle play call. It's a travesty of justice that Belichick of all people got away with that level of mistake. **** the lucky cheating Patriots.

Hootie
02-03-2015, 01:26 AM
I agree, man. I was really looking forward to Belichick getting obliterated in the media and instead he was celebrated.

Celebrated for hitting a 2 outer on the river after calling a guy who showed him the winning hand on the turn. Disgusting, really.

Couldn't have happened to a bigger scumbag.

Hootie
02-03-2015, 01:30 AM
I swear, that's the best analogy I can make:

Belichick hit a 2 outer on the river. 13% of winning after that 4 yard run by Lynch and not calling a timeout.

He hit a 2 outer and the opponent showed him his cards before Belichick made the ridiculous call. I'll never be able to explain it. I don't know why it hit me so hard, but I was just dumbfounded. I don't even like the Seahawks (I like money, though, which this game cost me), but I sat there in utter disbelief. I have never seen anything like it ... and I'm the guy who sat up in the nosebleeds and watched the Chiefs blow a 38-10 lead against the Colts in Indy last year.

Hootie
02-03-2015, 01:32 AM
and I've taken some nasty, nasty, nasty poker beats in my life ... ones that still haunt me to this day

and I put that ($800 loss for me) right in that category

I had my hand on the trigger, too. I had a live bet on the Pats +235 for $250 after the Hawks went up 24-14 and I got greedy. I thought it should have been at +300 so I didn't bet it.

I let it ride like a moron and instead of winning $800, or at least guaranteeing myself $500-$600...I lost $100.

Lesson learned.

Hootie
02-03-2015, 01:34 AM
It was so dumb.

I held off on my hedge to live bet at halftime. Said, nah...I'll wait until I see what the Hawks do on their first drive after half. If they scored a TD, I was in. FG? Shit. I'll wait to see what the Pats do. Picked off...Hawks score a TD. Now it's trigger time. And for some reason +235 wasn't enough for me. I thought for sure it would be at +280 - +320. Just an epic choke.

I almost put $300 -160 just to get my $100 back + a few bucks before the last Seahawks drive, and, once again...I let it ride.

...and then I had an 87% of getting the full $800

and then the fucking play call from hell

Like getting fucking gutted on the river in a huge pot.

keg in kc
02-03-2015, 01:43 AM
A lot of things can happen with that play in that situation and almost all of them are bad. That was reid level dumb.I agree. And Wilson threw the pick. Didn't check to a run, didn't throw it away, didn't run it himself.

Not an either/or thing. Questionable play call and poor execution. Some of the blame has to go to the guy that threw the ball.

Although I don't go in with the ridiculous Russell Dilfer bullshit. That stuff's just dumb.

MMXcalibur
02-03-2015, 01:48 AM

I'm just getting over the abortion in Indianapolis.

EPodolak
02-03-2015, 07:04 AM
Coaches choke when they don't believe they should win. Happens way too often in KC to get as far as Seattle did.

Baby Lee
02-03-2015, 07:10 AM
I gotta say, you gotta love Hootie's 'debating' style.

How it's inexorably dissolved into;

'this is what it is, I don't know how to explain it or convince you, but it is. . . . it just is, . . . I wish more people agreed, but I can't articulate my inane arguments in a convincing manner, but it's MY hyperbole and I own it utterly. Sorry I don't make more sense, but I understand me.'

Baby Lee
02-03-2015, 07:15 AM
Coaches choke when they don't believe they should win. Happens way too often in KC to get as far as Seattle did.

For all of DV's shortcomings regarding developing young players and a defense, we'll always have this.

http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2005/11/07/RAIDERS_CHIEFS1___bw_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

DaFace
02-03-2015, 08:06 AM
I gotta say, you gotta love Hootie's 'debating' style.

How it's inexorably dissolved into;

'this is what it is, I don't know how to explain it or convince you, but it is. . . . it just is, . . . I wish more people agreed, but I can't articulate my inane arguments in a convincing manner, but it's MY hyperbole and I own it utterly. Sorry I don't make more sense, but I understand me.'
Only it takes 5 posts three times that long to say it.

Eleazar
02-03-2015, 09:28 AM

I think it's okay to throw a slant in that situation, and they seemed to get the pick that they wanted, but Wilson has to throw the ball low and to the body. If the throw is just a split second earlier and placed right on the receiver's chest or on his back shoulder where the DB can't get it, then it's a touchdown.

I don't hate the pass chosen if you are going to pass, I hate the idea of passing when you have Lynch and 3 shots to get 1 yard.

Beef Supreme
02-03-2015, 11:55 AM
This is what I fear more than just about anything as a Chiefs fan. After waiting a lifetime to see the Chiefs in a Super Bowl, they finally get there and blow the game on the opponents one yard line, never to sniff the big game again.

Mr. Laz
02-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Alex Smith would have gotten blasted for playing like Wilson or Brady.

Wilson choked
Brady dinked and dunked all game

O.city
02-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Brady got like 40 rushing yards from his backs, threw for 325, 4 tds and had 2 picks.

He carried the offense.

Hootie
02-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Alex Smith would have gotten blasted for playing like Wilson or Brady.

Wilson choked
Brady dinked and dunked all game
Brady proved that a short passing attack can most definitely work...but Alex would never step up into the pocket on those big third downs in the fourth quarter like Brady...Ever.

Baby Lee
02-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Brady proved that a short passing attack can most definitely work...but Alex would never step up into the pocket on those big third downs in the fourth quarter like Brady...Ever.

Where's Titus? I think we need a new lexicon of all the things that Alex will never ever do.

We can play bingo with it next season.

Mr. Laz
02-03-2015, 04:13 PM

yep

Alex still has that dam pussy factor that keeps him from being 'more'

still Smith dink/dunked to 44 points in the playoffs and got BLASTED as the worse POS to ever take a snap in the NFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-03-2015, 06:15 PM
It's 5:14 in the PM, MST, and Alex Smith is still a giant pussy who won't step in to deliver.