PDA

View Full Version : Football PFT: Jordan Cameron Eager to Leave Cleveland

Dante84
02-04-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm shocked. Shocked.

Report: Jordan Cameron eager to leave the mess in Cleveland (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/04/report-jordan-cameron-eager-to-leave-the-mess-in-cleveland/)

The Browns are once again looking like a mess this offseason. Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan wanted out and got his wish. Wide receiver Josh Gordon wanted to play but has been suspended for a year. Quarterback Johnny Manziel is heading for rehab for an alcohol problem.

And now comes word that tight end Jordan Cameron wants out. Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that Cameron, who becomes a free agent next month, is not interested in returning to Cleveland (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25038103).

Cameron was a Pro Bowler in the 2013 season and played well at times in 2014, averaging 17.7 yards a catch. But Cameron has also suffered three concussions in the last two years, and that may scare a lot of potential suitors off. It’s unknown whether the Browns even want to keep Cameron.

La Canfora’s story paints the Browns as a disaster, with Manziel and fellow first-round pick Justin Gilbert both looking like draft busts and owner Jimmy Haslam meddling in work that should be left to the coaching staff and the personnel department. If things in Cleveland are as bad as this story makes it sound, then it’s easy to see why Cameron would be eager to leave.

Dante84
02-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Double white-end sets?

Dunerdr
02-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Double white-end sets?

Aaahhhhhhhh he went there!

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2015, 05:42 PM
This guy is stupid talented, but even more unlucky with injuries than Kelce.

Christ, we won the lottery when Kelce played every game this year. Odds of that happening in July was about 75-1.

With all that said, and knowing who our QB is for the next few years - yes, please.

Easy 6
02-04-2015, 05:44 PM
This guy or Vernon Davis, whoever will sign for less.

Jim Lahey
02-04-2015, 05:55 PM
What's his 5 yard dash time?

Dunerdr
02-04-2015, 06:02 PM
This guy is stupid talented, but even more unlucky with injuries than Kelce.

Christ, we won the lottery when Kelce played every game this year. Odds of that happening in July was about 75-1.

With all that said, and knowing who our QB is for the next few years - yes, please.

One injury. Your a fucking retard. More unlucky than moeaki would have been acceptable. Try again.

Dante84
02-04-2015, 06:04 PM
One injury. Your a ****ing retard. More unlucky than moeaki would have been acceptable. Try again.

I think he's including his college career.

RunKC
02-04-2015, 06:15 PM
This guy or Vernon Davis, whoever will sign for less.

Very underrated guy at TE would be Jermaine Gresham. This is the best TE available for us to get IMO as far as value and cost.

saphojunkie
02-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Double white-end sets?

He could be the Hernandez to Kecle's Gronk.

In a non-murdery way.

In58men
02-04-2015, 06:20 PM
He could be the Hernandez to Kecle's Gronk.

In a non-murdery way.

We want to be like other teams so bad

BossChief
02-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Oh, fuck yes.

mrroandrro
02-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Would love to see Cameron paired with Kelce, but I don't think he would find the QB situation here much better than Cleveland, with the exception of stability at the position. That being said, that would be the best TE combo in the league, add a top WR like DGB in the draft and we are in business. A guy can dream.

Easy 6
02-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Very underrated guy at TE would be Jermaine Gresham. This is the best TE available for us to get IMO as far as value and cost.

Yes, he would work just fine.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Between Cameron and Kelce, Alex might hit that mythical 3500 yard mark someday.

RealSNR
02-04-2015, 06:52 PM
The biggest tragedy in the NFL was when the Cleveland Browns got beat out for the #1 pick in 2012.

It would have been fascinating to see Andrew Luck try to work with THAT shit.

RobBlake
02-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Alex just got very happy at this news lol

Hammock Parties
02-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Alex just got very happy at this news lol

Alex doesn't give a shit about this.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2015, 07:15 PM
The history of concussions has to be a factor but if the Chiefs medical staff were to clear him, he would certainly be an asset.

I wonder how much he's seeking per year? I have to figure it's in the $4-$5.5 per season range.

Easy 6
02-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Whether its this guy, or Gresham, or Davis, or Cobb, or Iupati, or whoever... all I know is that Dorsey better atleast do something.

Scrap heapers arent going to satisfy the bloodlust this year, they dont have to be huge names, but they better be known names and proven products.

And its not like I'm asking for a bunch... give me a proven veteran gaurd and receiver or tight end... two ****ing guys, thats not asking too much.

BossChief
02-04-2015, 07:29 PM
The history of concussions has to be a factor but if the Chiefs medical staff were to clear him, he would certainly be an asset.

I wonder how much he's seeking per year? I have to figure it's in the $4-$5.5 per season range.

There are 10 tight ends with an average over 5.5 per.

Graham
Gronk
Written
Davis
Rudolph
Gates
Cook
Lewis
Olsen
Pitta

Cameron will probably fetch 7-8.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2015, 07:35 PM
I think he's including his college career.

Interesting that the guy calling me a fucking retard didn't realize that.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Cameron will probably fetch 7-8.

Wow, that's pretty high for a guy that's averaged 30 catches, 400 yards and 2 TD's the past four years. Who ever pays that must expect him to stay healthy.

BossChief
02-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Whether its this guy, or Gresham, or Davis, or Cobb, or Iupati, or whoever... all I know is that Dorsey better atleast do something.

Scrap heapers arent going to satisfy the bloodlust this year, they dont have to be huge names, but they better be known names and proven products.

And its not like I'm asking for a bunch... give me a proven veteran gaurd and receiver or tight end... two ****ing guys, thats not asking too much.

Don't hold your breath.

Houston is gonna want close to 100m.
Poe is gonna want close to 100m, too (Gerald McCoy got 7/96)
Hudson is gonna want to be paid like a top ten center.

CaliforniaChief
02-04-2015, 07:57 PM
What's to say the Browns won't put the tag on him?

Red Dawg
02-04-2015, 07:57 PM
NE just found their Hernandez replacement. He will go straight there, damn I hate those cheating bastards.

BossChief
02-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Wow, that's pretty high for a guy that's averaged 30 catches, 400 yards and 2 TD's the past four years. Who ever pays that must expect him to stay healthy.

The guy is a legit threat and has shown to be productive even without a QB that can consistently get him the ball. I'd actually be pretty damn excited to see our offense if we bring in Vernon Davis or a guy like Jordan Cameron. Two good tight ends would really create problems for defenses and would open things up for Charles and the running game, too.

I wouldn't go all in on him, but I'd make a decent offer to him.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2015, 08:41 PM
NE just found their Hernandez replacement. He will go straight there, damn I hate those cheating bastards.

They already have Tim Wright, who had six TD's this season.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2015, 08:43 PM
The guy is a legit threat and has shown to be productive even without a QB that can consistently get him the ball. I'd actually be pretty damn excited to see our offense if we bring in Vernon Davis or a guy like Jordan Cameron. Two good tight ends would really create problems for defenses and would open things up for Charles and the running game, too.

I wouldn't go all in on him, but I'd make a decent offer to him.
Oh, he's a good player, no doubt, and would instantly upgrade any offense, as long as he can stay healthy. So far, he hasn't had much luck doing so.

I'm sure some TE needy team will over pay him but he's definitely a risk, IMO.

BossChief
02-04-2015, 09:02 PM
I'd give him 5 million per in a heartbeat.

Cameron
Charles
Thomas
Kelce
Davis
Wilson
2 draft picks at WR

I mean, I don't see why they wouldn't do something like that, while protecting the team against injury with clauses.

Cut Fasano and Bowe (sorry, not close to cost effective at 14m) and sign Cameron and draft some receivers and let's roll.

They made a commitment to Alex Smith...time to put playmakers at the positions that are his bread and butter.

Discuss Thrower
02-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Don't hold your breath.

Houston is gonna want close to 100m.
Poe is gonna want close to 100m, too (Gerald McCoy got 7/96)
Hudson is gonna want to be paid like a top ten center.

Too many players, not enough coin.

mcaj22
02-04-2015, 09:17 PM
this dude is an absolute freak athlete and would be a mismatch nightmare with Kelce in our offense.

I would honestly make him FA priority #1 outside of the inhouse guys. You might as well gamble on the concussions and platooning him with another good TE in the WCO might help him control his snap count.

The Browns ran him into the ground as pass option 1 because they had nobody else on that junky dumpster fire team. Those junky QBs would constantly hang him out to dry over the middle and every LBer and Safety knew the pass was going to him cause the team had no talent.

Dante84
02-04-2015, 09:32 PM
God forbid Kelce goes down and Alex's blanket goes away, he would be a nice fail-safe.

royalschiefs
02-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Either get Cameron or draft Maxx Williams

Just get someone to create a mismatch from hell with Kelce.

Red Dawg
02-04-2015, 09:58 PM
They already have Tim Wright, who had six TD's this season.

They will dump him for Cameron or keep both. He will go there for sure and probably go cheap.

thabear04
02-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Seahawks would probably go after him.

Marcellus
02-05-2015, 07:21 AM
God forbid Kelce goes down and Alex's blanket goes away, he would be a nice fail-safe.

JC is Smith's security blanket, not Kelce.

WhawhaWhat
02-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Jordan Cameron loves concussions.

Urc Burry
02-05-2015, 07:32 AM
I would HIGHLY doubt Cameron gets 7-8 per. Missing 5 games in a row because of a concussion is kind of a big deal, and that being his third in 2 years. I would like him if he were cheap, but it is not worth the risk of losing a good chunk of cap space on a guy who is maybe a concussion away from losing significant time

Dunerdr
02-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Interesting that the guy calling me a ****ing retard didn't realize that.

Do tell me about kelces injury history. I can't find anything about it.

Mr. Laz
02-05-2015, 01:48 PM

Isn't Iupati's pass blocking crap?

penbrook
02-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Isn't Iupati's pass blocking crap?

He is rated one of the best guards in the NFL

SeeingRed
02-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Cameron and Kelce would be a deadly combination actually. Get a big & speedy deep threat in draft to stretch defense with that TE duo and Charles in backfield and Smith could be a top 10 QB in my opinion.

SeeingRed
02-05-2015, 02:12 PM
In fact if we could get Cameron then if both are healthy the Chiefs would have the best TE duo in the NFL...i'd say this is something to seriously consider if at all possible.

Pablo
02-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Cameron and Kelce would be a deadly combination actually. Get a big & speedy deep threat in draft to stretch defense with that TE duo and Charles in backfield and Smith could be a top 10 QB in my opinion.That deep threat would absolutely NEVER see the ball if we had another reliable TE. Actually, who knows with Fat Andy's play-calling. We could have the consensus deadliest TE corps in the league and he'd be force feeding Wilson or some shit.

Two big bodies for Alice to chuck it to for YAC; and Charles out of the backfield.

I could dig it.

BossChief
02-05-2015, 05:45 PM
this dude is an absolute freak athlete and would be a mismatch nightmare with Kelce in our offense.

I would honestly make him FA priority #1 outside of the inhouse guys. You might as well gamble on the concussions and platooning him with another good TE in the WCO might help him control his snap count.

The Browns ran him into the ground as pass option 1 because they had nobody else on that junky dumpster fire team. Those junky QBs would constantly hang him out to dry over the middle and every LBer and Safety knew the pass was going to him cause the team had no talent.

Every word of THIS.

Andy and John have bet a lot of money on the fact they can win a championship with Alex Smith.

It's time to put some elite pieces around him to try and give them the best chance possible to succeed.

Alex is obviously most comfortable throwing to tight ends and the shorter passes...pairing Kelce up with Cameron would really give the offense some sick options. Especially if Harris continues to develop and doesn't go the other direction after the injury.

Sorter
02-05-2015, 06:17 PM
He is rated one of the best guards in the NFL

He's not very good in pass-protection.

At least, that's the rumor.

penbrook
02-05-2015, 06:22 PM
He's not very good in pass-protection.

At least, that's the rumor.

He can't be any worse than Mcfail

Sorter
02-05-2015, 06:27 PM