PDA

View Full Version : Football Bobby Petrino Is Still Scum

The Franchise
02-05-2015, 01:15 PM
http://deadspin.com/bobby-petrino-is-still-scum-1683979213?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Bobby Petrino's coaching career has been a series of escapes. Not even one year after signing a 10-year extension with Louisville, he jumped to the Atlanta Falcons; bailed on the NFL after 13 games; went to Arkansas, where got the boot after wrecking his motorcycle with his mistress on the back; hopped to Western Kentucky with a clause that contractually obligated him to pay the school if he left early, and left early anyway to return to Louisville. So, combining Petrino's history with the heartless nature of college football recruiting, this story of a screwed-over recruit is merely disgusting, but not surprising.

Three-star Dutch Fork HS running back Matt Colburn, South Carolina's Mr. Football, had been committed to the Cardinals since June. Two days before National Signing Day, Louisville inside linebackers coach Tony Grantham—not even Petrino himself—called Colburn to tell him they were rescinding his scholarship, citing a need for more defensive backs on the squad. Instead, they offered Colburn a grayshirt opportunity: Sit out this season, don't start school until next semester, and maybe get a shot next year. After eight months assuming he had a team, Colburn would have been left with a promise from a program that already broke one.

Dutch Fork athletic director and head football coach Tom Knotts was so incensed, he barred Louisville from recruiting any more of his school's players. He vented to GoUpstate.com:

I tell my players when you commit, you commit. That's what a commitment is. Matt's been committed for eight months. It's irritating that men can do this. He's just a boy, a young man. He doesn't know how to understand it. He's very upset. Some things have opened up but that's not the way it should be. It's not right. Louisville is only going to hurt themselves doing this. Everybody knows not just what a good player Matt is but what a good person he is.

That is not the way to do business and if that's the way to do business we don't want to deal with them. He (Petrino) won't be able to recruit my school anymore and I imagine there will be some other coaches that will say the same thing. Trust factor is just not there. They've known about these three DBs wanting to go to the NFL for weeks now. To use that as an excuse doesn't hold water with me.

Even though many of the bigger programs have already handed out their scholarships, Colburn is looking at other schools. According to the Courier-Journal, he's received offers in the past day from schools including Marshall, Kent State, and Wake Forest.

Back in August, ESPN published the classic "second-chance" column about Petrino, which talked about his reunion with Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich after screwing him over in 2007. The recurring theme was how "the new Petrino" was different. Seems like the same old asshole.

Pitt Gorilla
02-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Water is wet. Only Arky fan was gullible enough to think otherwise.

alpha_omega
02-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Yep, that guy is a total fuck.

Skyy God
02-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Doesn't matter had sex.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Normally, you'd need a composite of about seven or eight college coaches for a true understanding of everything that is wrong with the profession. Petrino nails every single flaw. I hope he gets a prostate tumor the size of a cantaloupe.

Eleazar
02-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Why would anyone play for him?

Infidel Goat
02-05-2015, 01:49 PM
It might work out for my team (Wake Forest); Colburn is in communication with the WF coaches and will likely make a decision in the next week. I have to think that he'd like to play for an ACC team to be given the opportunity to make Petrino regret his decision...

Predarat
02-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Him and those damn butter face recruitung ho (stess)es

Infidel Goat
02-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Why would anyone play for him?

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Business/gty_papa_johns_mi_130527_wmain.jpg

jerryforeverrice80
02-05-2015, 02:34 PM
is this the same guy who left the falcons high and dry.

Bufkin
02-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Yes, yes it is.

If Bobby Quitrino's entire torso was on fire, I'd piss in his mouth.

BigMeatballDave
02-05-2015, 02:48 PM

After Vick got busted, yes.

I really don't know how he keeps getting hired.

Bufkin
02-05-2015, 02:54 PM
After Vick got busted, yes.

I really don't know how he keeps getting hired.
I guess he's a good coach, and is looked at as an offensive mastermind. Problem being, Jerry Sandusky was looked at as a defensive mastermind, and I view Petrino and Sandusky in the same boat.

Eleazar
02-05-2015, 03:33 PM
I guess he's a good coach, and is looked at as an offensive mastermind. Problem being, Jerry Sandusky was looked at as a defensive mastermind, and I view Petrino and Sandusky in the same boat.

Sandusky is slightly more despicable than Petrino.

Slightly.

Bufkin
02-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Sandusky is slightly more despicable than Petrino.

Slightly.
Agree to disagree.

Pitt Gorilla
02-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Agree to disagree.Yanking a scholly is different than yanking...er, I'm done. Sandusky is worse.

BigMeatballDave
02-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Agree to disagree.

:spock:

BigMeatballDave
02-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Petrino may be a POS, but he's a quality human being compared Sandusky.

Pedophiles deserve to die. There is no cure for Pedophilia. I'd fucking curbstomp that subhuman shitbag.

Bufkin
02-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Sigh.

I was kidding. I don't think Petrino is comparable to a guy who fucked kids in the shower.

He's still a piece of shit though.

Sorter
02-05-2015, 06:16 PM
I enjoy watching Petrino lose.

Brock
02-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Petrino: "commitment? Wtf is that"?

Why Not?
02-05-2015, 11:28 PM
No doubt, Petrino is a grade A douche. But why would you commit to play for him to begin with? Bit of the ol scorpion and the frog here. Hope the kid lands somewhere else.