PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Worst BBQ joint in KC?

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 06:24 PM
All we ever talk about is the bests of the bests and how great (insert name here) is. We never discuss the real shitty KC BBQ joints.

Maybe there aren't any bad ones? I don't know. That's why I made this thread. I want to know who sucks so I know which BBQ place to avoid if I'm looking for something new.

Raiderhater
02-07-2015, 06:28 PM
I got a combo plate at Danny Edwards on Southwest BLVD one time. The burnt ends were decent, everything else sucked.

KCUnited
02-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Winslow's in the River Market, which is a shame because of their outdoor space and Sunday happy hours used to be legend. However, their bbq is shit and their service is worse, like try to fight you bad service.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 06:38 PM
I can't even think of a truly bad one that I've been to. But I just stick to the main ones I like. I had a bad experience one time at Jack Stack, that's about it.

stevieray
02-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Mc Rib

threebag
02-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Gates. I would rather throw my money in the street.

KCrockaholic
Mc Rib

Good point.

Arby's has some shitty BBQ too.

2bikemike
Dickey's

KCrockaholic

Is it because they yell at you?

threebag
02-07-2015, 06:47 PM
No, I would have no problem yelling back. The few times I ate there it sucked ass consistently everytime.

srvy
02-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Mc Rib

Hahaha thats for sure.

I would add to this with any franchise place that offers riblets. You know who you are Chilli's, Applebee's etc.

Smokin Guns for a real joint was terrible. I will say that it was right after place opened in NKC ive not been back.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 07:06 PM
I've never heard of any of these bad places. Although I'd assume they're on the MO side?

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 07:08 PM
I do have one complaint. The Arthur Bryant's BBQ sauce is not very good imo. Although I do like Arthur Bryant's quite well aside from that.

BWillie
02-07-2015, 07:10 PM
LCs BBQ or Famous Daves.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 07:11 PM
LCs BBQ or Famous Daves.

Famous Daves is a chain across the country. Never tried LC's although I wanted to.

KCChiefsfan1234
02-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Is it because they yell at you?

LOL....the first time I came to KC this past season we went to Gates. They were yelling their heads off and I was like WTF. I said to myself, the BBQ in Texas is just as good but they don't yell :doh!: Since then I have been to few other places in KC and they were great!

KC native
02-07-2015, 07:18 PM
LCs BBQ or Famous Daves.

You're a fucking moron.

LC's is good.

kysirsoze
02-07-2015, 07:19 PM
LCs BBQ or Famous Daves.

Finally had LC's at a tailgate. I thought it was pretty good. Not in my top 3 or anything, but good.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 07:19 PM
LOL....the first time I came to KC this past season we went to Gates. They were yelling their heads off and I was like WTF. I said to myself, the BBQ in Texas is just as good but they don't yell :doh!: Since then I have been to few other places in KC and they were great!

Yeah, Gates is a bit overrated imo. They've done good marketing. Oklahoma Joe's is the GOAT imo.

Everybody needs to give Burnt End BBQ near 119th and Metcalf a chance though. Solid BBQ restaurant.

Molitoth
02-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Winslow's in the River Market, which is a shame because of their outdoor space and Sunday happy hours used to be legend. However, their bbq is shit and their service is worse, like try to fight you bad service.

Winslow's ribs are good imo.

NWTF
02-07-2015, 07:29 PM

Yeah Gates really is subpar if you get out and eat Barbeque often to recognize it. Their sauces are good but the meat is horrible unless you love excessive fat and gristle.

We eat out a couple times a day at work as field techs working 10+ hour days normally, and and barbeque always comes up a couple/few times a week at least. Needless to say Gates in never an option. lol

Theres probably worse but Gates is worth mentioning.

DaveNull
02-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Rosedale. Horrible.

GloryDayz
02-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Only slightly less subjective than thinking certain BBQ is great are people's opinions that other BBQ sucks.

That being said....my neighbor's BBQ sucks dirty donkey dicks. He's spend THOUSANDS on smokers and is just a pile of fail. He just won't listen!

alpha_omega
02-07-2015, 07:37 PM
I'll second winslow's. Although it's been a long time. Too many good places to choose from.

sd4chiefs
02-07-2015, 07:38 PM
LCs BBQ or Famous Daves.

ROFL Those are two of the better BBQ places in SoCal. I have been living here to long.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 07:43 PM
I've noticed Famous Daves is a BBQ place in most big cities. I see people from out of town talking about how good it is and stuff. I gotta laugh every time. Famous Daves really isn't bad food. Just not... KC BBQ.

KC Dan
02-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Famous Dave's is fast food BBQ much like Mexican restaurants anywhere in the country compared to the ones in the southwest.

Dunit35
02-07-2015, 07:54 PM
You're a fucking moron.

LC's is good.

Every time I go to KC we take home BBQ sauce. I ran out of my last bottle of LC's last month. That stuff is good.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Silver Dollar City BBQ sauce at Hen House was incredible for only a dollar or two. Not sure if they still have it. Used to load up on those.

srvy
02-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Rosedale. Horrible.

Love Rosedale. I do know there are no happy medium you either hate or love.

What did you have?

Sorce
02-07-2015, 08:02 PM
Snead's and BB's Lawnside BBQ

Eleazar
02-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Haven't lived in KC for a number of years, but have lived near Famous Dave's. It's not bad, but it's not Kansas City style.

Barbecue in the south is generally no good for me. It's either molassesy or sweet and seems to lack anything remarkable. Often seems to be cooked to the point where it's falling apart which isn't good. In the city where I live in Florida, there's one place that is decent, two that I don't like at all.

The one decent place here actually has really good burnt ends, cooked in the right way, but they are only available as an appetizer. They come in a bowl with a fork, which suits me just fine.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Worst BBQ I've ever had, and yet it still wasn't that bad... It's a gas station in Colorado Springs named Rudy's. Everybody in Colorado Springs probably loves it and thinks it's the GOAT because people in Colorado Springs are stupid hippies.

SAUTO
02-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Rosedale. Horrible.

This

SAUTO
02-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Love Rosedale. I do know there are no happy medium you either hate or love.

What did you have?

I've had everything. Years ago though.

KCCHIEFS27
02-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Wendy's pulled pork

Don Corlemahomes
02-07-2015, 08:52 PM
My butthole smells like BBQ if I don't shower for several days.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 08:54 PM

Why would you not shower for several days? Are you 9? Do you not leave the house?

You'd think somebody named Cunning Linguist would take his body hygiene serious.

Hammock Parties
02-07-2015, 08:54 PM

I can do 4 if I don't have a date.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 08:56 PM

4 days? Holy shit!

I'll do 2 max.

TribalElder
02-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Smokin Joes in Olathe

Rosedale

Buehler445
02-07-2015, 09:24 PM

I did 30 hours yesterday. It was awful. If I don't get it every 24 people die.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 09:27 PM

Take this comment to my other thread, thanks.

BWillie
02-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Every time I go to KC we take home BBQ sauce. I ran out of my last bottle of LC's last month. That stuff is good.
I get my ribs dry, so maybe thats why I dont care for the place. Cant comment on their sauce. But Ive tried LCs twice, it was dogshit twice

SAUTO
02-07-2015, 09:29 PM

This

Fish
02-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Dickey's BBQ.

Shockingly bad. Take a 2 day old roast beef sammich from Arbys and top it with some shitty Kraft sauce kinda bad.

Miles
02-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Amusing that Dicky's even exists in KC. It's pretty much the McDonalds of BBQ.

Valiant
02-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Smokehouse is the most garbage, I think Dickey's has better bbq then them now and Dickey's is basically fast food.

Burnt ends are their best, but that is 50/50 depending on the day. All the other meat tastes like they bought it at hyvee and just slapped sauce on it.

Sad thing is, it was ok 20 years ago. Now it is overpriced garbage.

I finally tried smoking guns, The ribs and burnt ends were good. The rest was meh, but I wont judge them yet as I have only been once.

DaneMcCloud
02-07-2015, 09:53 PM
I don't know if it's still there but there used to be a place in OP called Wyandot Barbeque and good grief was it nasty.

Simply Red
02-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Has anyone had those boiled ribs inmen was talking about? - sound interesting - I'd def. throw some liquid smoke in the pot. :drool:

Simply Red
02-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Mc Rib

YA'LL - keep fucking doubting McDonalds. mkay?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PJoMzhStPNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater
02-07-2015, 10:13 PM
There's a Dickeys that just opened up near me not too long ago, it's about a 1/2 mile from one of the best BBQ places in town, I don't think it's going to last too long.

bobbymitch
02-07-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't know if it's still there but there used to be a place in OP called Wyandot Barbeque and good grief was it nasty.

Yep, Wyandot #2 off Metcalf, west a bit on 75th. Used to get a half slab, fries (which are good) and an RC cola back in the day. Ribs used to be passable 15 years ago, but haven't been there in over a decade.

DaneMcCloud
02-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Yep, Wyandot #2 off Metcalf, west a bit on 75th. Used to get a half slab, fries (which are good) and an RC cola back in the day. Ribs used to be passable 15 years ago, but haven't been there in over a decade.

I went there a few times in the mid-80's because a girlfriend's mom like it. I recall the brisket being super fatty and the sauce close to ketchup. I don't think I ever tried their ribs.

GloryDayz
02-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Wow...... That's amazing! I knew I liked them, I guess I know why now.

And is it top-end BBQ? No!!!! But when ur on the road and looking for a quick bite, seems reasonable.

YA'LL - keep fucking doubting McDonalds. mkay?

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PJoMzhStPNk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Dayze
02-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Gates

Simply Red
02-07-2015, 11:22 PM

And is it top-end BBQ? No!!!! But when ur on the road and looking for a quick bite, seems reasonable.

I joke a lot - but I really mean it - McDonalds has responded pretty well since the pink slime debacle - They've really stepped it up, it'd appear. If you haven't tried it - the Quarter Pounder with Cheese/deluxe is pretty dang good.

GloryDayz
02-07-2015, 11:27 PM
I joke a lot - but I really mean it - McDonalds has responded pretty well since the pink slime debacle - They've really stepped it up, it'd appear. If you haven't tried it - the Quarter Pounder with Cheese/deluxe is pretty dang good.

I've had it, and it's pretty good for what it is. Is it up to some restaurant/s $9 burger? No, but duh!

I think people like to rail on McD because they think it makes them look cool. I have tons of neighbors who won't eat at McD, or Subway (something about the bread), but will go to, 5 Guys, Pizza Street and Chinese restaurants (with a buffet). Then they hate me more because I point at them a LOL.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 11:29 PM
Simply Red is in good shape yet eats McDonalds all the damn time. Wtf man.

I avoid it as much as possible. I'm 5'9 195lbs right now although I lift 3-4 days a week. I'm sure I could lose 20lbs and look like a god. McDonalds just seems like it holds everybody back from everything.

GloryDayz
02-07-2015, 11:32 PM

LOL, that fuck who thought 30 days of McD's was going to about kill him was just that, a fuck...

Dave Lane
02-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Amusing that Dicky's even exists in KC. It's pretty much the McDonalds of BBQ.

Dickeys is really bad. No idea why they are in business.

GloryDayz
02-07-2015, 11:41 PM

So, they make the DickRib?

DaneMcCloud
02-07-2015, 11:43 PM

I've never eaten there but I think it's because people are lazy.

During our last visit, we went to some "highly regarded" Mexican restaurant called Mi Ranchito. The place was packed, we waited for 20 minutes or so for a table and when the food arrived, it was bland and cold.

That's not Mexican food, at all, yet people ate it up.

I don't get "people" sometimes.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Yeah, **** Mi Ranchito. Johnson county people don't know good Mexican food tbh.

GloryDayz
02-07-2015, 11:55 PM

I'd say that their being all over that place helps, and when you compare the wait you get at the average Dickey's location (not an airport) compared to something like AB, Gates or OK Joe's, I think it might have something to do with speed and location(s). Oh, and I'd say they're prolly cheaper too.

Doesn't mean it's great, but they have some things they do pretty well.

mr. tegu
02-07-2015, 11:59 PM

I like Mi Ranchito. That being said, all of the Mexican places around here are essentially the exact same thing. All in all we prefer to make our own Mexican food anymore. It's fresh, custom, warm, and generally better.

It's not like with doing good BBQ where you have to cook some things for eight hours and there are numerous ways that you can screw it up.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2015, 12:02 AM
I like Mi Ranchito. That being said, all of the Mexican places around here are essentially the exact same thing. All in all we prefer to make our own Mexican food anymore. It's fresh, custom, warm, and generally better.

It's not like with doing good BBQ where you have to cook some things for eight hours and there are numerous ways that you can screw it up.

It's fine food. Just overpriced and overrated. There's Chapala's down the street for a cheaper price, less busy, and the same good time.

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2015, 12:04 AM

Have you ever made real homemade salsa or tamales? If so, you'd know that it's definitely easy to make bad batches.

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2015, 12:07 AM
It's fine food. Just overpriced and overrated. There's Chapala's down the street for a cheaper price, less busy, and the same good time.

To me, there was no flavor, no spices no nothing.

Back in the day, when Bill and his partners started Jose Peppers, it was incredible. But the last time I ate there, back in 2009 at the Midland Drive location, it wasn't nearly as good, either. But it was still packed.

People are lazy when it comes to food. Eggcetera is another example. I'd rather eat Denny's or 80's-90's Perkins!

mr. tegu
02-08-2015, 12:10 AM
Have you ever made real homemade salsa or tamales? If so, you'd know that it's definitely easy to make bad batches.

Salsa? No. Tamales? Yes. They are always pretty consistent. I have no doubt salsa would be east to screw up, especially if you are trying to figure out the appropriate combinations of ingredients, though it would have never crossed my mind to make my own. We will have to try it though.

Simply Red

I avoid it as much as possible. I'm 5'9 195lbs right now although I lift 3-4 days a week. I'm sure I could lose 20lbs and look like a god. McDonalds just seems like it holds everybody back from everything.

I really don't though - I do enjoy the culture of fast-food - it mostly the memories - it's fun to talk about - I've only actually eaten there twice within say, 4 months - maybe three times. Besides if I do go nuts - I try to compensate the next day - tonight I really ate bad (for example) - never do I eat like I did tonight - I had 10 wings - a philly cheese steak - steak cut fries - two pepsi's - a brownie and three krispy kreme donuts ( i swear to God)

But NEVER do I do that - tonight was an act I never do - I will never just spin out of control like I did tonight - however tomorrow - I'll literally only eat a small bowl of beans and ham and one protein shake - and that'll be all - I'll try to keep tomorrow around 900 cals.

Hammock Parties
Most people will just stuff themselves with whatever they're used to. They're sheeple. Oh, a burrito! Ground beef, iceberg lettuce and cheese in a tortilla! Mexican!

Terrible. Wash it down with a few margaritas and they don't care what they eat.

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Salsa? No. Tamales? Yes. They are always pretty consistent. I have no doubt salsa would be east to screw up, especially if you are trying to figure out the appropriate combinations of ingredients, though it would have never crossed my mind to make my own. We will have to try it though.

Great Mexican food at home is attainable but it's not the "No Brainer" you had intimated.

On the other hand, I know guys that know nothing about cooking that can throw a brisket on a Green Egg and have it turn out amazing with nothing more than walking outside to check the temperature every few hours.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Off topic sort of - but I tell ya what - KC Native's Grandmother used to own a mexican restaurant near cool-crest off of Sterling - it was in an old larger house sort of - it had a few stories - anyhow it was called Las Playas - and it was excellent - the lady had a spanish rice recipe from Heaven. We went there all of the time, growing up - I stuck w/ the bean and rice taco plate generally.

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Most people will just stuff themselves with whatever they're used to. They're sheeple. Oh, a burrito! Ground beef, iceberg lettuce and cheese in a tortilla! Mexican!

You are maturing into a wise man, young Padawan

Hammock Parties
02-08-2015, 12:15 AM
You are maturing into a wise man, young Padawan

I wasn't raised in a barn. My dad is a world traveler and introduced us to a variety of amazing food at early ages.

Then there's my cousin, who drags me to Le Peep. :banghead:

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:15 AM

Also - it's such a simple thing to say - but SO true - remember it ALL starts w/ which groceries you buy, bud. :) Starts at the HyVee. Nobody can out train their diet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Rosedale. Horrible.

This. That sauce is the most horrid shit to ever come forth from a container.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2015, 12:17 AM
But NEVER do I do that - tonight was an act I never do - I will never just spin out of control like I did tonight - however tomorrow - I'll literally only eat a small bowl of beans and ham and one protein shake - and that'll be all - I'll try to keep tomorrow around 900 cals. [/FONT]

:thumb:

Simply Red

I never eat like I did tonight - I think you'd testify for me on here, I'd hope.

Hammock Parties
all that food and you didn't give us a gay day, Red.

I'm sad.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:18 AM
I wasn't raised in a barn. My dad is a world traveler and introduced us to a variety of amazing food at early ages.

Then there's my cousin, who drags me to Le Peep. :banghead:

Your Dad is an amazing individual.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Also - it's such a simple thing to say - but SO true - remember it ALL starts w/ which groceries you buy, bud. :) Starts at the HyVee. Nobody can out train their diet.

:thumb::thumb:

Double thumb

mr. tegu
02-08-2015, 12:21 AM
Great Mexican food at home is attainable but it's not the "No Brainer" you had intimated.

On the other hand, I know guys that know nothing about cooking that can throw a brisket on a Green Egg and have it turn out amazing with nothing more than walking outside to check the temperature every few hours.

I didn't mean to imply Mexican was easy. Especially since I know we have taken time to refine ours and I don't want to take away from our skills at it. I just think screwing up BBQ is easier.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:23 AM

Double thumb

Thanks man. Just join that weight loss thread - most people simply need a cheerleader - you can do it! Buy a pull up bar and an ab-wheel - both are avail. at the Target or shitty, frustrating Walmart. Thank you by the way. You're a very nice man.

all that food and you didn't give us a gay day, Red.

I'm sad.

I get in grooves w/ that sort of thing - I'll work on some this summer prior to season. Let me get moved - I'll do one soon. You can too, I enjoy yours usually.

rabblerouser
02-08-2015, 12:25 AM
Worst BBQ I've ever had, and yet it still wasn't that bad... It's a gas station in Colorado Springs named Rudy's. Everybody in Colorado Springs probably loves it and thinks it's the GOAT because people in Colorado Springs are stupid hippies.

3rd played a show in Colorado Springs and had easily the worst bbq EVER. Ketchup on warm deli meat, that's the comparison.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:25 AM
One thing KC has a lot of and you all may not even notice - but breakfast spots. KC has a ton of good breakfast places. I miss the restaurants there to be honest.

Valiant
02-08-2015, 12:28 AM

There was a post on one of the media sites showing that McDonalds is better for you than most healthy alternatives when it comes down to calories/salts/sugars..

It is not all healthy, but they do have decent choices compared to so called health restaurants/foods.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2015, 12:28 AM
An ab wheel is a good idea. My apartment gym is pretty solid. Smith machine, free weight, 5 treadmills. But I stick to the weights. I'm built well, but I def like being more lean than I am now. In Vegas in 2013 I was 158lbs. But I lacked the muscle. If I went from 195 now to 175 that'd be perfect.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:29 AM

Double thumb

I made one of the kits/bags of Great Northern beans w/ the powder envelope thingy inside - they're really good - I cook them for 4 hrs - and use simply one whole vidalia onion (diced) plenty of salt and pepper - and about 4 Tbs of bacon grease - you can add Kale if you want - but anyhow - after purchasing the ham - it's about $11 total - full of protein and you can eat on it all week. Very wholesome - nice winter food. Fairly guilt free too. ;) Yields probably 12 bowls or thereabouts.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
There was a post on one of the media sites showing that McDonalds is better for you than most healthy alternatives when it comes down to calories/salts/sugars..

I'm sorry, but it's not true.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:31 AM
An ab wheel is a good idea. My apartment gym is pretty solid. Smith machine, free weight, 5 treadmills. But I stick to the weights. I'm built well, but I def like being more lean than I am now. In Vegas in 2013 I was 158lbs. But I lacked the muscle. If I went from 195 now to 175 that'd be perfect.

pull up bar too - lots of bang for the buck there - just make it like brushing your teeth and do it EVERYday - it's just that simply - but eat right too - allow one cheat day - and just make it your new way of life - it's a way of life.

Valiant
02-08-2015, 12:31 AM
One thing KC has a lot of and you all may not even notice - but breakfast spots. KC has a ton of good breakfast places. I miss the restaurants there to be honest.

Yeah, one of mine favorite closed. Mostly a favorite because it was cheap as balls.

Debs Diner in Riverside. The smoking, owners not opening up all the time and being short staffed killed it.

I could get big order of french toast, 6 pieces of bacon, 3 eggs, hash brown, toast and a large chocolate milk for almost 9 dollars. Would cost me almost 18 at corner cafe.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:32 AM

It is not all healthy, but they do have decent choices compared to so called health restaurants/foods.

They're cleaning it up - there's no doubt - the proof is on youtube. Plus it even tastes a little better these days. Especially that one burger I'd mentioned earlier. LOL but i really enjoyed it.

Valiant
02-08-2015, 12:33 AM
I've never eaten there but I think it's because people are lazy.

During our last visit, we went to some "highly regarded" Mexican restaurant called Mi Ranchito. The place was packed, we waited for 20 minutes or so for a table and when the food arrived, it was bland and cold.

That's not Mexican food, at all, yet people ate it up.

I don't get "people" sometimes.

Where at? We have one in the Northland, when it first opened up it was always packed. Some of the shittiest tex mex I have ever had. It made Jose Peppers which is also garbage look good. It is hardly busy now when I drive by.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2015, 12:33 AM
pull up bar too - lots of bang for the buck there - just make it like brushing your teeth and do it EVERYday - it's just that simply - but eat right too - allow one cheat day - and just make it your new way of life - it's a way of life.

For sure.

It's a lifestyle change that makes a healthy living. Not a diet.

Valiant
02-08-2015, 12:34 AM
I'm sorry, but it's not true.

When the site pulls the ingredients out and compares burger to burgers/ salads to salads it is true. Not all of them, but sadly it is true.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:34 AM
Yeah, one of mine favorite closed. Mostly a favorite because it was cheap as balls.

Debs Diner in Riverside. The smoking, owners not opening up all the time and being short staffed killed it.

I could get big order of french toast, 6 pieces of bacon, 3 eggs, hash brown, toast and a large chocolate milk for almost 9 dollars. Would cost me almost 18 at corner cafe.

I know Clay didn't like it - and perhaps he caught them on an off day - but when i went back to Joes bash that MNF SD Home-opener game - I went out to my dad's in Blue Springs and ate at Big-Biscuit - I thought it was awesome.

KCrockaholic
02-08-2015, 12:35 AM
When the site pulls the ingredients out and compares burger to burgers/ salads to salads it is true. Not all of them, but sadly it is true.

There's a TON of gray area there. Not just simply burger to burger, salad to salad.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:36 AM
I have to crash - thanks guys I enjoyed the visit - didn't mean to bogart the thread. Later all - GN.

mr. tegu
02-08-2015, 12:37 AM

I imagine that has a lot to do with portion sizes then.

Valiant
02-08-2015, 12:52 AM
There's a TON of gray area there. Not just simply burger to burger, salad to salad.

You can say that about anything, the group doing the comparison was 3rd party. McD came in better for you then so called healthy food options from healthy restaurants. It was McDs so called bad food versus 3 competitors that made similar(ceasar salads,chicken ranch, cheese burgers) about 12 items overall. McDs came in better on a huge majority. Even the company said they were shocked that was doing the tests.

Grey area is everywhere, the health foods you buy in stores are the worst compared to normal versions.

Valiant
02-08-2015, 12:56 AM
I imagine that has a lot to do with portion sizes then.

They were the same sizes. The difference was they did not include fries and drink, but then they did not do that with the other companies. Fries and a drink are what kills you for those places. McDs has a lot of items that are not bad. I do a mcdouble, I think those are under 400 calories.

Shit, when I shop at the grocery store now I usually have my calculator and app out now. I am not perfect and all knowing on dieting, but I know some shit is not as bad as everyone wants to say. I used to loathe McDs in the 00s(that is weird to type). But they have come a long way on their products and healthier options.

Saccopoo
02-08-2015, 01:21 AM

Never heard of it. Lived there for 13 years.

And where are these hippies you speak of in Colorado Springs?

It's hard to see hippies when the entire city is comprised of military dirt bags and neo-con fundies.

I fucking hated that city. Ugliest women I've ever seen collectively.

BWillie
02-08-2015, 03:59 AM

K-Machos in Olathe is pretty good.

rocknrolla
02-08-2015, 05:12 AM

We used to cut class in high school, in the late 80's. To go to the Corner Cafe for .25 cent biscuits and gravy. That place was the best!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Silver Dollar City BBQ sauce at Hen House was incredible for only a dollar or two. Not sure if they still have it. Used to load up on those.

Yeah and it's still cheap as fuck and very very good. I use it frequently when I want sweet over heat.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2015, 07:06 AM

They really have responded well to everything. It's a shame they're dying out, and they really are. I read something last week that talked about their profits being lower than they have in decades.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2015, 07:15 AM

I'll tell you right now, if you start running, you can pretty much eat whatever you want. When I was running 30-40 miles a week, I weighed about 285, scraped my diet and was still dropping 5+ lbs a week. Pizza, burgers, fast food, you name it. I didn't start packing weight on until I started drinking and quit running.

Bufkin
02-08-2015, 07:16 AM
YA'LL - keep ****ing doubting McDonalds. mkay?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PJoMzhStPNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Exact quote near the end of the video: (4:38)

"mmm I'm gonna have to make me another one of these"

- Token black guy eating a rib sandwich while the Asian guy complains about how messy it is.

KCUnited
02-08-2015, 08:00 AM
K-Machos in Olathe is pretty good.

Stop in Bonito Michoacan next door for $1 tacos on Tuesday's. Real deal, al pastor, carne asada, carnitas. It's a decent groceria as well.

Al Bundy
02-08-2015, 08:10 AM
LC's is the worst.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2015, 08:12 AM
It's weird reading all of these LC's sucks posts, because not long ago people are saying that they'd come back and were one of the best in town again.

bdj23
02-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Buffalo Bobs in Lawrence

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2015, 08:36 AM
Buffalo Bobs in Lawrence

Indeed. So horrible, it shouldn't even qualify as BBQ.

Don Corlemahomes
02-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Why would you not shower for several days? Are you 9? Do you not leave the house?

You'd think somebody named Cunning Linguist would take his body hygiene serious.

Yes, I'm a super serious 9 year old posting about my butthole.

DaneMcCloud
02-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Where at? We have one in the Northland, when it first opened up it was always packed. Some of the shittiest tex mex I have ever had. It made Jose Peppers which is also garbage look good. It is hardly busy now when I drive by.

Olathe, I believe.

Jose Pepper's was awesome from about 1988-1993 at the original 103rd and Metcalf location but it's just not the same anymore.

cdcox
02-08-2015, 11:46 AM
I only go to McDonald's when I want to eat and drive.

If I'm alone, I'll order 2 or 3 hamburgers and black coffee: 480 to 720 calories. Not that bad.

If I'm with my wife, I'll order 2 hamburgers, but end up eating half an order of fries, and finishing her Royale with Cheese and end up somewhere around 800 calories.

For breakfast, I'll order a sausage McMuffin with egg with black coffee, 450 calories.

If you avoid the sugary drinks and pounding the fries, you can survive a road meal at McDonalds.

gblowfish
02-08-2015, 11:59 AM
This thread is a perfect example of how taste in BBQ is like politics and religion. You're never going to strike a consensus.

I think of the "well known" BBQ place in KC, the "worst" or shall we say, not as good as some of the others, are:

• Wyandotte BBQ, 2 locations, KCK and OPKS. Ribs are nasty.

• Smokehouse: Small portions, no outstanding item, beans are OK, sauce is lame.

• Quicks BBQ KCK: Sauce is thin, ribs taste like greasy pot roast.

• Zarda: Love that they have a drive thru, but not in the same class as other KC BBQ.

• Rib Crib, Dickey's and Famous Dave's are all chain places, not really KC BBQ. Of those three, Famous Dave's is probably the most tolerable. They offer a bunch of different sauces, which is interesting, and their pickles are good.

People saying LC's or Rosedale or Smokin' Guns or Gates are the worst in town is just wrong. LC's is a classic dumpy BBQ "joint." Their sauce and brisket sandwich, and fries are all great. Rosedale is the best value for the buck. I don't like their ribs, but their brisket, turkey and sides are all great, especially their cole slaw. Smokin Guns has some of the best burnt ends in town and a potato casserole to die for. Gates is an American Classic, best sauce on the planet. Gates problem is consistency. You can get a bad cut of ribs there on occasion, but the brisket, ham and turkey are always top notch.

I think we're all in agreement that Joe's Kansas City (Okla Joes) Fiorella's Smoke Stack and Arthur Bryants are hands down among the best. Don't forget Big T's on Blue Parkway a block up the street from LC's. That one is a sleeper, and serves good stuff.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Honestly, unless you go to the west side in KC, you aren't getting anything worth a shit in that part of the world.

Dave Lane
02-08-2015, 12:08 PM
LC's is the worst.

Haven't been in awhile but they were always solid every time I've gone. And best beans in town without question.

keg in kc
02-08-2015, 12:11 PM
• Zarda: Love that they have a drive thru, but not in the same class as other KC BBQ.And they're open on Sunday, unlike Joe's. I didn't do it this fall, but there's been more than one Chiefs game over the years where I decided a couple hours before the game I wanted BBQ, and they saved my ass.

Joe's not being open on Sunday bugs me sometimes. Like I have a birthday soon on a Sunday, and I'm not going out to eat these days. Self-control (and budget) thing. But I decided I'm going to do it on my birthday. And I want Joe's. So I either celebrate on Saturday, or buy it Saturday and reheat Sunday.

I know, I know...first world problems.

I haven't been there in probably thirteen or fourteen years, but I always loved LC's when we got it.

GloryDayz
02-08-2015, 12:43 PM
This thread is a perfect example of how taste in BBQ is like politics and religion. You're never going to strike a consensus.

I think of the "well known" BBQ place in KC, the "worst" or shall we say, not as good as some of the others, are:

• Wyandotte BBQ, 2 locations, KCK and OPKS. Ribs are nasty.

• Smokehouse: Small portions, no outstanding item, beans are OK, sauce is lame.

• Quicks BBQ KCK: Sauce is thin, ribs taste like greasy pot roast.

• Zarda: Love that they have a drive thru, but not in the same class as other KC BBQ.

• Rib Crib, Dickey's and Famous Dave's are all chain places, not really KC BBQ. Of those three, Famous Dave's is probably the most tolerable. They offer a bunch of different sauces, which is interesting, and their pickles are good.

People saying LC's or Rosedale or Smokin' Guns or Gates are the worst in town is just wrong. LC's is a classic dumpy BBQ "joint." Their sauce and brisket sandwich, and fries are all great. Rosedale is the best value for the buck. I don't like their ribs, but their brisket, turkey and sides are all great, especially their cole slaw. Smokin Guns has some of the best burnt ends in town and a potato casserole to die for. Gates is an American Classic, best sauce on the planet. Gates problem is consistency. You can get a bad cut of ribs there on occasion, but the brisket, ham and turkey are always top notch.

I think we're all in agreement that Joe's Kansas City (Okla Joes) Fiorella's Smoke Stack and Arthur Bryants are hands down among the best. Don't forget Big T's on Blue Parkway a block up the street from LC's. That one is a sleeper, and serves good stuff.

I agree.

And add Bit T's (Blur Ridge Blvd., just north of Bannister Rd) is usually very good. Definitely a "joint", but I think BBQ and "joint" seem to go hand-in-hand.

The key is this,and many who don't do a lot of their own BBQ really don't have too much of a clue, that in the BBQ restaurant business about the only thing that can be really stable is the sauce. After that, the time of day, the cow, and other factors start to play in.

I thunk it's fair to like a "joint's" sauce, or even like a 'joint's' rub (ALL SUBJECTIVE) and vote accordingly, but after that you'll find that AB's brisket was great one day, the pretty crappy the next time you visit.

But these are fun threads just the same..

KCrockaholic
02-08-2015, 12:46 PM
I went to Zarda's for the first time a couple months ago and thought it was decent, but it's got a different feel that isn't Kansas City style imo. Just looking at the menu you can tell it's not a normal KC BBQ place. It's more southern style.

BWillie
02-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Stop in Bonito Michoacan next door for $1 tacos on Tuesday's. Real deal, al pastor, carne asada, carnitas. It's a decent groceria as well.
Yup. I eat those twice a month i bet. And the only place i can find that sells Brazilian guadana. Didn't know it was only a dollar on Tuesdays though, wow

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 02:35 PM
And they're open on Sunday, unlike Joe's. I didn't do it this fall, but there's been more than one Chiefs game over the years where I decided a couple hours before the game I wanted BBQ, and they saved my ass.

Joe's not being open on Sunday bugs me sometimes. Like I have a birthday soon on a Sunday, and I'm not going out to eat these days. Self-control (and budget) thing. But I decided I'm going to do it on my birthday. And I want Joe's. So I either celebrate on Saturday, or buy it Saturday and reheat Sunday.

I know, I know...first world problems.

I haven't been there in probably thirteen or fourteen years, but I always loved LC's when we got it.

Zarda is decent - I like their salad-bar and their deep fried Cauliflower - you all have always been tough on Zarda. On a good day it's great - but that's the thing - inconsistency.

HC_Chief
02-08-2015, 02:36 PM
LC's is the worst.

Blasphemy. LC's Spicy = best sauce.

SAUTO
02-08-2015, 02:45 PM
I knew George would step in and defend rosedale LMAO.

KC native
02-08-2015, 03:20 PM
It's weird reading all of these LC's sucks posts, because not long ago people are saying that they'd come back and were one of the best in town again.

I went there when I was in town for christmas. It was as good as it has always been.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 03:26 PM
I went there when I was in town for christmas. It was as good as it has always been.

I mentioned your GM's restaurant in this thread (think it was this one)

srvy
02-08-2015, 03:29 PM
I knew George would step in and defend rosedale LMAO.

Rosedale doesn't need defending the minority here that disses it is just that. Go there at noon any day of the week lines out the door both sides. You may have to wait for a table or go out and eat in your car. The people that eat there day after day apparently just love a poor product I guess. The regular sauce I love I could drink that for my beverage. They have offered the last few years a spicey sauce now. Its ok but I like the traditional. I like Rosedale short ends about as well as anywhere. Maybe Wabash in Excelsior I like best but Rosedale is a hop skip and a jump from my house.

alpha_omega
02-08-2015, 03:42 PM
This.
Never been there, but never heard that it sucked.

splatbass
02-08-2015, 03:45 PM

McRibs are nasty. It is the meat. The texture when they grind it up then mash it back together is awful.

Are you old enough to remember the commercials in the 80s, I think for Burger King, comparing their chicken nuggets made (at the time) of solid white meat with McD's? In it a customer asks the other fast food (which is implied to be McD's) what is in their nuggets and the guy says "we take a bunch of parts, grind them up, then put them back together into one part", the customer then asks "what kind of parts?" and the guy says "parts is parts". Same thing.

KC native
02-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Off topic sort of - but I tell ya what - KC Native's Grandmother used to own a mexican restaurant near cool-crest off of Sterling - it was in an old larger house sort of - it had a few stories - anyhow it was called Las Playas - and it was excellent - the lady had a spanish rice recipe from Heaven. We went there all of the time, growing up - I stuck w/ the bean and rice taco plate generally.

Yes, my grandma's rice is the shit.

The restaurant was actually started by her parents. It originally opened on the West side. My great grandfather wanted a place that his sisters could work at without having to learn English immediately after coming to the US.

It got so popular there that he moved it to the location on 40 Highway by Cool Crest.

That was my first job. I started washing dishes when I was 10 so my older cousins could go out on Friday and Saturdays and then I started bussing tables when I was 12.

The house is still there. It has a historical marker in front of it.

KC native
02-08-2015, 03:50 PM
I mentioned your GM's restaurant in this thread (think it was this one)

And I replied. It makes me happy that people still remember that place. It has been closed for a long time.

splatbass
02-08-2015, 03:51 PM
LOL, that fuck who thought 30 days of McD's was going to about kill him was just that, a fuck...

Eating at McDonald's too much, or any other fast food for that matter, WILL kill you eventually. It is chock full of calories, saturated fat and no nutritional value at all. It is fine once in a while, but not as a regular source of food.

splatbass
02-08-2015, 04:30 PM
You can say that about anything, the group doing the comparison was 3rd party. McD came in better for you then so called healthy food options from healthy restaurants. It was McDs so called bad food versus 3 competitors that made similar(ceasar salads,chicken ranch, cheese burgers) about 12 items overall. McDs came in better on a huge majority. Even the company said they were shocked that was doing the tests.

Grey area is everywhere, the health foods you buy in stores are the worst compared to normal versions.

I know they are telling you what you want to hear so you eat it up (pun intended), but this is not true. There is nothing healthy about McDonald's at all. Ask any nutritionist, or your doctor, and see what they say about it.

It is true that in any supermarket there are things labelled "natural", "organic", etc. that are not healthy. That is all marketing and if you choose those to compare you might get these results. But if you choose actual healthy food McD's is all fail. Stop kidding yourself. Restaurants seldom give you any healthy options at all, some give you one or two. It is HARD to eat a healthy diet if you are eating out. McDonald's salads are not healthy. Make your own salad, and use oil and vinegar (light on the oil) if you want healthy instead of the pretend healthy that McD's salads are.

SAUTO
02-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Rosedale doesn't need defending the minority here that disses it is just that. Go there at noon any day of the week lines out the door both sides. You may have to wait for a table or go out and eat in your car. The people that eat there day after day apparently just love a poor product I guess. The regular sauce I love I could drink that for my beverage. They have offered the last few years a spicey sauce now. Its ok but I like the traditional. I like Rosedale short ends about as well as anywhere. Maybe Wabash in Excelsior I like best but Rosedale is a hop skip and a jump from my house.

I've been there plenty, trust me.

It's all subjective,I guess.

Strongside
02-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Winslows in the City Market is the worst restaurant I've ever eaten at, let alone BBQ. how they stay in business is beyond me, as it's always dead. The food is disgustingly greasy, the restaurant is dirty, the staff is uninterested and the vibe is shit. It's really a shame that such a prime location is being wasted on that shit box. People that come from out of town to visit the farmers market are greeted with the "authentic KC BBQ" sign on the building and buy right in, not knowing any better. I'm sure they all leave thinking "KC BBQ is absolute shit." The ownership group should do our entire community a favor and close their doors.

Pepe Silvia
02-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Winslows in the City Market is the worst restaurant I've ever eaten at, let alone BBQ. how they stay in business is beyond me, as it's always dead. The food is disgustingly greasy, the restaurant is dirty, the staff is uninterested and the vibe is shit. It's really a shame that such a prime location is being wasted on that shit box. People that come from out of town to visit the farmers market are greeted with the "authentic KC BBQ" sign on the building and buy right in, not knowing any better. I'm sure they all leave thinking "KC BBQ is absolute shit." The ownership group should do our entire community a favor and close their doors.

The old owner OD'd on drugs. Not a very credible place.

KCUnited
02-08-2015, 05:20 PM

For real. Some of my favorite KC memories are from Winslow's patio. That spot has the potential to be the greatest bbq spot in the city but it's been complete ass for a decade plus. Shocked it's still open.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2015, 05:23 PM

The restaurant was actually started by her parents. It originally opened on the West side. My great grandfather wanted a place that his sisters could work at without having to learn English immediately after coming to the US.

It got so popular there that he moved it to the location on 40 Highway by Cool Crest.

That was my first job. I started washing dishes when I was 10 so my older cousins could go out on Friday and Saturdays and then I started bussing tables when I was 12.

You know people say Cool Story, bro as some kind of smart ass meme? That was actually a cool story, bro.

Reaper16
02-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Haven't lived in KC for a number of years, but have lived near Famous Dave's. It's not bad, but it's not Kansas City style.

Barbecue in the south is generally no good for me. It's either molassesy or sweet and seems to lack anything remarkable. Often seems to be cooked to the point where it's falling apart which isn't good. In the city where I live in Florida, there's one place that is decent, two that I don't like at all.

That's Georgia (and I guess Florida) BBQ. But Alabama/Mississippi/South Carolina/North Carolina do amazing, vinegary pork. Tennessee is its own thing, but very similar to the aforementioned states.

I don't understand why Georgia BBQ is awful when it is surrounded by the good stuff.

alpha_omega
02-08-2015, 05:40 PM
I'll chime in again on the Winslow's suckage factor...it is high.

KCUnited
02-08-2015, 05:50 PM
I had a guy at Winslow's try to fight me after we came in after his shift but his replacement hadn't shown up yet. My wife ordered a sandwich or something and the guy got an attitude so I said something and he threw his apron down like he was going to come at me. Lol, some old dude that worked there took him down before he even got going. Real bbq is dangerous.

Buzz
02-08-2015, 05:50 PM
And I replied. It makes me happy that people still remember that place. It has been closed for a long time.

I ate there several times, what was the tostada thing with melted cheese and sauce called? kind of a big nacho appetizer. I don't know why that stands out to me...

GloryDayz
02-08-2015, 05:51 PM
McRibs are nasty. It is the meat. The texture when they grind it up then mash it back together is awful.

Are you old enough to remember the commercials in the 80s, I think for Burger King, comparing their chicken nuggets made (at the time) of solid white meat with McD's? In it a customer asks the other fast food (which is implied to be McD's) what is in their nuggets and the guy says "we take a bunch of parts, grind them up, then put them back together into one part", the customer then asks "what kind of parts?" and the guy says "parts is parts". Same thing.

What's next, fast food joints grinding-up meat and serving it between two pieces of bread?

I get your point, and I remember it all, but I've seen a lot of attacks against market leaders to to garner more than 6% of the larger market with their more expensive shit. Hell, look at Apple; they've turned selling pricy dumbed-down shit into a fucking religion!

splatbass
02-08-2015, 05:54 PM
What's next, fast food joints grinding-up meat and serving it between two pieces of bread?

I get your point, and I remember it all, but I've seen a lot of attacks against market leaders to to garner more than 6% of the larger market with their more expensive shit. Hell, look at Apple; they've turned selling pricy dumbed-down shit into a fucking religion!

The bottom line is McRibs are nasty. No reason to eat them.

gblowfish
02-08-2015, 06:06 PM

I know the place, but never got a chance to eat there. Bamboo Hut was across the street.

GloryDayz
02-08-2015, 06:15 PM
The bottom line is McRibs are nasty. No reason to eat them.

Good for you bro. Stay strong man, don't eat what the commoners do.

splatbass
02-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Good for you bro. Stay strong man, don't eat what the commoners do.

It has nothing to do with commoners. It has to do with them tasting bad. The sauce is bad, the meat is nasty. There is literally nothing to like. Well, the fries are usually ok.

TribalElder
02-08-2015, 06:25 PM
I remember years ago hearing a story about a customer finding a hairy mop string in their mcrib

To this day I immediately think mop string when the mcrib is mentioned. Probably will never try one lol

GloryDayz
02-08-2015, 06:39 PM
It has nothing to do with commoners. It has to do with them tasting bad. The sauce is bad, the meat is nasty. There is literally nothing to like. Well, the fries are usually ok.

I think they're yummy, and I think I'm pretty good at food. And with the sales they generate, many agree.

GloryDayz
02-08-2015, 06:42 PM
I remember years ago hearing a story about a customer finding a hairy mop string in their mcrib

To this day I immediately think mop string when the mcrib is mentioned. Probably will never try one lol

http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/10-strange-objects-found-in-food-112671

TribalElder
02-08-2015, 06:48 PM
I was trying to link that full chicken head mcnugget pic lolol

GloryDayz
02-08-2015, 06:57 PM
I was trying to link that full chicken head mcnugget pic lolol

That is pretty crazy-sick!

Red Dawg
02-08-2015, 07:13 PM
I do have one complaint. The Arthur Bryant's BBQ sauce is not very good imo. Although I do like Arthur Bryant's quite well aside from that.

I agree. Their sauce sucks and simply doesn't taste good.

BryanBusby
02-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Snead's and BB's Lawnside BBQ

The inlaws love going to Sneads and it's ugh every time. It's the shittiest BBQ joint in even just Belton.

If I had to guess what asshole would taste like, it'd resemble Zardas.

Sorce
02-08-2015, 07:43 PM
The inlaws love going to Sneads and it's ugh every time. It's the shittiest BBQ joint in even just Belton.

If I had to guess what asshole would taste like, it'd resemble Zardas.
I don't get why people think that place is good. I had their ribs, they didn't remove the membrane before or after cooking. Haven't ever been back.

Chief_For_Life58
02-08-2015, 07:51 PM
LCs BBQ or Famous Daves.

Dude LC's ribtips

KC native
02-08-2015, 09:38 PM
I ate there several times, what was the tostada thing with melted cheese and sauce called? kind of a big nacho appetizer. I don't know why that stands out to me...

I don't remember the menu at all. Beyond that, I never really ordered off the menu. We had family cook there for a long time and they knew what I wanted when we came in.

KC native
02-08-2015, 09:40 PM
I know the place, but never got a chance to eat there. Bamboo Hut was across the street.

Yup.

Titty Meat
02-08-2015, 10:40 PM

Disgusting fat bodies.

splatbass
02-09-2015, 12:01 AM
I think they're yummy, and I think I'm pretty good at food. And with the sales they generate, many agree.

Britney Spears sold a lot of albums too, it doesn't mean she is good.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Disgusting fat bodies.

You're still one of them. Don't delude yourself. I'm going to whip you into shape young man. This time next year you will be laughing at the women you once pursued. You will be lusting after the tight young hotties you know you deserve.

Billay the fat child will become William, Stud Muffin.

Be fat or beat the fat.

BryanBusby
02-09-2015, 12:48 AM
I don't get why people think that place is good. I had their ribs, they didn't remove the membrane before or after cooking. Haven't ever been back.
I can't even get the bill in a timely manner when I eat there, much less proper service. So yeah they all around suck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-09-2015, 06:48 AM
You're still one of them. Don't delude yourself. I'm going to whip you into shape young man. This time next year you will be laughing at the women you once pursued. You will be lusting after the tight young hotties you know you deserve.

Billay the fat child will become William, Stud Muffin.

Be fat or beat the fat.

I'm starting cuts next month. Can't wait.

GloryDayz
02-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Britney Spears sold a lot of albums too, it doesn't mean she is good.

Same with the Beatles, U2, Earth Wind and Fire, ELO, and the list goes on............

So, name you favorite music group and I'll be sure to tell you they aren't very good.

gblowfish
02-09-2015, 03:32 PM
My friend Tim has a T-Shirt that says:
'YOUR FAVORITE BAND SUCKS."

Stewie
02-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Shorthorns BBQ in Lenexa. It lasted a couple of years (died around 2011) and it should have opened/closed the same day like a bad Broadway play.

I think it was called Smokehouse BBQ (in Shawnee). They built a free-standing restaurant at SM Pkwy and Quivira and served horrific BBQ. They didn't last long and I imagine someone lost a shit-ton of money with that horrible excuse for food.

GloryDayz
02-09-2015, 06:00 PM
My friend Tim has a T-Shirt that says:
'YOUR FAVORITE BAND SUCKS."

Exactly.. It's always amazed me how people trash other music. That being said, I do respect the opinions of people who have been in music their whole lives, but they are usually the first to admit that music is very subjective when it comes to "like".

I know the music in this video is just amazing "to me", as has Enya's music (which always helped me wind-down, in those few moments I could find, when I was in the military), but I'd be lying if the music in my player doesn't make me a shrink's dream (like most people).

But I LOVE this music, and the video is amazing too. I don't have many regrets in life, but whenever I see fighter pilots it makes me question my career choices when I was in the military.

Anyway, enjoy the video and the music...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KXwUlKG9aN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

splatbass
02-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Same with the Beatles, U2, Earth Wind and Fire, ELO, and the list goes on............

So, name you favorite music group and I'll be sure to tell you they aren't very good.

Are you really saying the McRib is your favorite BBQ sandwich? Because that is all I said, McRibs suck.

splatbass
02-09-2015, 08:30 PM

Exactly.. It's always amazed me how people trash other music. That being said, I do respect the opinions of people who have been in music their whole lives, but they are usually the first to admit that music is very subjective when it comes to "like".

By the way, I'm a professional musician that has played (and liked) everything from rock to blues to funk to soul to bluegrass to country to disco to jazz (and a few I probably have forgotten). I like it all.

The McRib still sucks.

GloryDayz
02-09-2015, 08:43 PM
By the way, I'm a professional musician that has played (and liked) everything from rock to blues to funk to soul to bluegrass to country to disco to jazz (and a few I probably have forgotten). I like it all.

The McRib still sucks.

OK, I'll eat yours!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-09-2015, 09:42 PM
McBits-o'-anus.

Buzz
02-09-2015, 09:48 PM
McBits-o'-anus.

Sounds nasty, did you enjoy?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Sounds nasty, did you enjoy?

No. If you want a McRib 24/7, go to any QT for their "rib" sandwich.

Blech.

|Zach|
02-10-2015, 03:35 AM

Everyone has their schtick I suppose.

GloryDayz
02-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Everyone has their schtick I suppose.

Exactly.

gblowfish
02-12-2015, 01:53 PM

I know the music in this video is just amazing "to me", as has Enya's music (which always helped me wind-down, in those few moments I could find, when I was in the military), but I'd be lying if the music in my player doesn't make me a shrink's dream (like most people).

But I LOVE this music, and the video is amazing too. I don't have many regrets in life, but whenever I see fighter pilots it makes me question my career choices when I was in the military.

Anyway, enjoy the video and the music...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KXwUlKG9aN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Get a shirt here:
http://www.zazzle.com/your_favorite_band_sucks_t_shirt-235831512317839394

GloryDayz
02-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Get a shirt here:
http://www.zazzle.com/your_favorite_band_sucks_t_shirt-235831512317839394

A simple "Wow, that video WAS AWESOME, and the music was just as awesome" would do.... And please note, GD has given credit TO THE FRENCH (in a positive way)!!! See, there's a first for everything.

penguinz
02-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Summit Hickory Pit in Lee's Summit is a shitstain. I would eat a McRib before I would ever go to that place again.

Mojo Jojo
02-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Shorthorns BBQ in Lenexa. It lasted a couple of years (died around 2011) and it should have opened/closed the same day like a bad Broadway play.

I think it was called Smokehouse BBQ (in Shawnee). They built a free-standing restaurant at SM Pkwy and Quivira and served horrific BBQ. They didn't last long and I imagine someone lost a shit-ton of money with that horrible excuse for food.

They didn't build that building...just remodeled it...was a Black-Eyed Pea befor that, and every restaurant in that location has failed...Chutes, Minskey's, Black Eyed Pea, Smokehouse, a bar/grill can't remember the name. That place is cursed.

sedated
02-12-2015, 04:17 PM
They didn't build that building...just remodeled it...was a Black-Eyed Pea befor that, and every restaurant in that location has failed...Chutes, Minskey's, Black Eyed Pea, Smokehouse, a bar/grill can't remember the name. That place is cursed.

That was an irish bar, and I believe they moved further south, but I could be wrong. Currently I think it's a Saints.

Black Eyed Pea was there forever, I'm not sure if that failed or if the franchise just downsized as I'm pretty sure they are limited to the south now.

gblowfish
02-12-2015, 04:23 PM
I used to have a website where I talked about BBQ joints in the KC area. There used to be this one in Warrensburg called Perry Foster's BBQ. People from that area just raved about how good it was...better than anything in KC, blah blah blah. They opened a second location in Independence, near 40 Highway and Noland across from where Hy-Vee is now. I went in to try it after they'd been open for about a month. It was ass. Total and complete ass. Food was served on paper plates, grease everywhere. On the roll of paper towels on the table, on the table, on the floor, on the silverware, just....hideous. The food came out cold. Fries, cold. Beans, cold. Brisket, ice cold and fatty. I wondered how they got grease on everything, the food wasn't hot enough to drip grease! Anyway, I wrote a review on my website. A few days later I got an email from the owner that said "Eat a Bag of Dicks." I wrote him back and said 'I didn't see them on the menu, but if they taste anything like your brisket, forget it!" They went out of business in about three months, and the location in Warrensburg is gone too. The moral of the story? If you're gonna do BBQ in KC, better bring your A game, better be great, and better be a good value. Oh, and the food better be hot.

KCrockaholic
02-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Off topic, but has anyone noticed we have a Tilted Kilt in Johnson county now?

sedated
02-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Off topic, but has anyone noticed we have a Tilted Kilt in Johnson county now?

Looks like that's going in where Wil Jenny's used to be next to Nick & Jake's. I don't think its open yet though.

If they operate like Twin Peaks, the best time to go is when it opens. TP flies in their best girls for the first few weeks to draw in men and spread the word.

Stewie
02-12-2015, 04:56 PM

You're right. Now that I think about it, Smokehouse did a fairly major renovation to suit their needs. They didn't last long enough for it to matter.

That corner has always puzzled me. The number of cars that pass by there should make it a gold mine, but businesses come and go. I think ACE hardware, The Big Biscuit, Price Chopper, Papa Murphy's and Missie's liquor store have been successful over a long period of time. The other 20 spaces haven't had as much luck. They are building a couple of new restaurants on that corner, so maybe it will bring some stability.

KCrockaholic
02-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Looks like that's going in where Wil Jenny's used to be next to Nick & Jake's. I don't think its open yet though.

If they operate like Twin Peaks, the best time to go is when it opens. TP flies in their best girls for the first few weeks to draw in men and spread the word.

My group was one of the first to walk in Twin Peaks when they opened on Royals opening day, and yeah, they play it up big time. When you first walk in it's rows of women inside the door cheerfully inviting you in. TP is pretty good.

TribalElder
02-12-2015, 08:19 PM
I used to have a website where I talked about BBQ joints in the KC area. There used to be this one in Warrensburg called Perry Foster's BBQ. People from that area just raved about how good it was...better than anything in KC, blah blah blah. They opened a second location in Independence, near 40 Highway and Noland across from where Hy-Vee is now. I went in to try it after they'd been open for about a month. It was ass. Total and complete ass. Food was served on paper plates, grease everywhere. On the roll of paper towels on the table, on the table, on the floor, on the silverware, just....hideous. The food came out cold. Fries, cold. Beans, cold. Brisket, ice cold and fatty. I wondered how they got grease on everything, the food wasn't hot enough to drip grease! Anyway, I wrote a review on my website. A few days later I got an email from the owner that said "Eat a Bag of Dicks." I wrote him back and said 'I didn't see them on the menu, but if they taste anything like your brisket, forget it!" They went out of business in about three months, and the location in Warrensburg is gone too. The moral of the story? If you're gonna do BBQ in KC, better bring your A game, better be great, and better be a good value. Oh, and the food better be hot.

Perry forgot to pay his taxes

Everyone loved the bbq because he stayed open until 3 and the drunks could feast

He used to go to hank Williams jr get together and cook for their crew

His bbq was shit compared to KC

GloryDayz
02-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Summit Hickory Pit in Lee's Summit is a shitstain. I would eat a McRib before I would ever go to that place again.

So it's not this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GD3VsesSBsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
02-12-2015, 08:47 PM
do you like Taco Johns? Top Ten in KC would you say?

Mama Hip Rockets
02-12-2015, 10:33 PM
LCs BBQ

WTF?

Mama Hip Rockets
02-12-2015, 10:35 PM
I think the worst that I've had was BB's Lawnside BBQ.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2015, 06:40 AM
I think the worst that I've had was BB's Lawnside BBQ.

Lindsay was too busy pouring beer in to a microphone to address your food concerns.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2015, 07:55 AM

ROFL