PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ****Official Golf Thread****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2015, 10:08 PM
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2015, 10:10 PM
And for the first reply, Billy Casper, maybe the best putter of all-time, is dead at 83.

Also, Tiger Woods is now a brokedick and Phil Mickelson is fading into Bolivian.

mr. tegu
02-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Surely, I can't be the only person playing tomorrow.

Bufkin
02-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Is Craig Stadler still alive? I used to use him on the old PGA Tour video games back in the late 90's because he looked like Mike Holmgren.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2015, 10:34 PM

I went out and chipped and pitched this afternoon. Course wouldn't open up the range b/c they said it was too wet.

I was toying around with chipping and tried something that worked somewhat well, as I have a tendency to keep my weight too far on my rear foot. If you pick your trail heel off the ground about a half inch or so, almost all of the weight goes on your left side, ensuring a downward strike. If you have an upslope, just do the opposite.

TribalElder
02-07-2015, 10:38 PM
I need to play

Haven't played since I walked off the course mid round LMAO

mr. tegu
02-07-2015, 10:41 PM
I went out and chipped and pitched this afternoon. Course wouldn't open up the range b/c they said it was too wet.

I was toying around with chipping and tried something that worked somewhat well, as I have a tendency to keep my weight too far on my rear foot. If you pick your trail heel off the ground about a half inch or so, almost all of the weight goes on your left side, ensuring a downward strike. If you have an upslope, just do the opposite.

I'm not a fan of hitting off the mats but that's what I was relegated to yesterday and they still didn't have the grass open today.

That seems like it would be pretty effective for anyone with that issue. Especially for making it a part of your stance to eliminate having to think about staying forward at all. I do that well but I do have to actively think about it.

Miles
02-07-2015, 10:45 PM
My swing is not great now but I'm a smarter player. Wish my swing were like it was back in high school a long ass time ago when I was dumbass.

Prison Bitch
02-07-2015, 10:47 PM
See my signature

Discuss Thrower
02-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Hamas fail. Not enough Bushwood in threadtitle

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Hamas fail. Not enough Bushwood in threadtitle

Smitty's been gone, bruh.

Discuss Thrower
02-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Smitty's been gone, bruh.

Do you know what 'nemesis' means?

In58men
02-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Golf = Dumb

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Do you know what 'nemesis' means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case, by a 'orrible cunt. Me.

Discuss Thrower
02-08-2015, 12:30 AM
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case, by a 'orrible cunt. Me.

I'll be the Erroll to your Bricktop any day.

On the subject of golf itself.. It's been a while since I've played a full 18 and I'm not as disappointed with this fact as I should be.

bdj23
02-08-2015, 08:37 AM

Woke up to a text from a friend about a 9 am tee time. Asshole won't answer his phone now

Hoopsdoc
02-08-2015, 10:36 AM

Still to wet here in Indiana. And I'm DYING to try out my new Cobra S3 irons. :mad:

Maybe I'll try to do some chipping this afternoon if I can find a dry spot in the yard.

Hoopsdoc
02-08-2015, 10:38 AM
And for the first reply, Billy Casper, maybe the best putter of all-time, is dead at 83.

Also, Tiger Woods is now a brokedick and Phil Mickelson is fading into Bolivian.

Word on Casper. Rip.

Also, it's startling how bad Tiger is these days.

Phil looks to me like he's coasting right now, he'll pick it up when we get closer to Augusta.

Dartgod
02-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Man, I wish I could get out and play today. I have pretty much a new set of clubs and I've only been able to hit them at the range once.

I had an old set of Palm Springs cavity back clubs that I bought about 25 years ago. I replaced the driver with a TaylorMade Burner 9.5º about 3 years ago, and just recently replaced the irons with TaylorMade Rocketbladez irons (4-AW) and the 3W with a Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour 3W. My wife also bought me an Odyssey White Ice #9 putter for Christmas. I still need to replace my 5W, which I never used anyway. Never could hit that damn thing. I'll probably look into some sort of hybrid club.

Anyway, can't wait to get out to play.

OnTheWarpath15
02-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Had a helluva season last year. Dropped my handicap index 8 strokes. Played today and had my worst round by far since June.

WITB:

Ping G25 Driver

Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 3-wood
Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 3H
Tour Egde Exotics XCG6 4H

Bridgestone J40 DPC 5-PW

Scratch 8620 Wedges 50/54/58

Scotty Cameron Futura X

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2015, 02:57 PM
I picked up an XCG-7 4 wood last summer for a song, but the head was just way too light. I ended up flipping it on GolfWRX for a small profit and went back to my XCG-4.

This year I'm really focusing on fixing the two major flaws with my swing:

1) My backswing gets way, way too long
2) My shoulders are way too steep on the downswing and I get stuck like you wouldn't believe.

OnTheWarpath15
02-08-2015, 03:06 PM
I picked up an XCG-7 4 wood last summer for a song, but the head was just way too light. I ended up flipping it on GolfWRX for a small profit and went back to my XCG-4.

This year I'm really focusing on fixing the two major flaws with my swing:

1) My backswing gets way, way too long
2) My shoulders are way too steep on the downswing and I get stuck like you wouldn't believe.

Same here.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 03:11 PM
How are Yonex these days? they still make a decent product?

KC_Connection
02-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Can't believe JB Holmes just decided to lay up there.

O.city
02-08-2015, 05:42 PM
day will get therr in 2.

ptlyon
02-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Same here.

The both of you need to get fatter

KC_Connection
02-08-2015, 06:36 PM
And that decision may have cost him the win. Day won the playoff.

Hootie
02-09-2015, 12:49 AM
the Tiger Woods shit is just sad

he's done

it hurts golf

OnTheWarpath15
02-09-2015, 06:49 AM

he's done

it hurts golf

Yep. Tiger and Phil missing cuts every week is going to kill the ratings.

I watched the Waste Management anyway, mainly due to the 16th hole.

Watched about 10 minutes this weekend.

Simply Red
02-09-2015, 07:05 AM
So out of curiosity - who's #1 in the PGA rankings right now, Rory M.?

MahiMike
02-09-2015, 07:45 AM
75 degrees and sunny this weekend. I'm sunburnt. Lotta golf. Spring is here!

Simply Red
02-09-2015, 07:55 AM
75 degrees and sunny this weekend. I'm sunburnt. Lotta golf. Spring is here!

we still have about 5 weeks :/

Simply Red
02-09-2015, 08:37 AM
I don't ask much of you golfers on CP - but two things here! - Is Rory #1 in the world and do Yonex make good drivers? Thanks!!

scho63
02-09-2015, 09:33 AM
The last time Tiger Woods was "swinging" good or "playing" great was when he was banging all those chicks!

He has really lost his mojo-karma is a bitch

frankotank
02-09-2015, 09:42 AM

No you're not....and please don't call me Shirley.
second time out this year and had the round of my life Saturday. popped an 80! now I know that may very likely be the norm or below for some of you.....but as for me.....YIPPEE KIE YAY!

frankotank
02-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Golf = Dumb

I used to feel this way.
1 - beer sports rule.
2 - golf may arguably be the greatest beer sport EVER! (I can see around the corner to maybe putting bowling #1 if nothing else for the fact you can do it in bad weathe)
3 - if you suck....you just drink more beer and all is well.
4 - beer sports rule

frankotank
02-09-2015, 09:58 AM
- X-18 callaway irons (dated now but still fine by me)
- Rocketballz RBZ driver and 3 wood - 2 years old now and the two best clubs in my bag. getting that driver changed things a bit. getting the 3 wood changed things a LOT.
- Stage 2 RBZ 4 hybrid - nice club...very nice
- Odyssey White Hot putter - one of my best golf purchases as far as dropping strokes. never underestimate the power of the putter! :thumb:
- oddball club - Cougar sand wedge - it's copper and I'd rather lose any club in my bag over this old bastard. gotta be from the 70's man. just love the stupid thing.

mr. tegu
02-09-2015, 12:01 PM
It was great weather yesterday. I absolutely stunk up the joint the first time playing my Callaway x2 hot 3 wood though. I just couldn't get any lift for some reason. I had hit it at the range on Friday (off the mats though) and did okay even though I wasn't hitting it that straight.

I had swung someone's x hot 4 wood a couple weeks ago on the course really well so I opted for the new model and in a 3 wood. I can't believe it would make that much difference, but so far it was a huge difference. I will need to practice more with it. I really don't want to have to switch it out.

I hate hitting off the mats. I think that jacked up my iron play as well. I am going to buy this hitting net: http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/Edwin-Watts-Lrg-Hitting-Nets/10057973/Product

That is a great deal that is too good to pass up.

KCTitus
02-09-2015, 02:34 PM
I used to feel this way.
1 - beer sports rule.
2 - golf may arguably be the greatest beer sport EVER! (I can see around the corner to maybe putting bowling #1 if nothing else for the fact you can do it in bad weathe)
3 - if you suck....you just drink more beer and all is well.
4 - beer sports rule

#1 is clearly Darts...

KC_Connection
02-09-2015, 04:17 PM

he's done

it hurts golf
Yeah, he's well into his decline. We may never see another golfer as exciting and dynamic as prime Tiger Woods was in our lifetimes, though I hope we do.

McIlroy is looking like an all-time great himself obviously, but he won't draw the same way Tiger did. Golf will take a serious hit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2015, 05:56 PM
I don't ask much of you golfers on CP - but two things here! - Is Rory #1 in the world and do Yonex make good drivers? Thanks!!

Yonex makes fantastic clubs, as good as anyone, but it's somewhat dependent upon model. What are you looking at?

Rory is #1 in the World right now, yes.

Simply Red
02-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Yonex makes fantastic clubs, as good as anyone, but it's somewhat dependent upon model. What are you looking at?

Rory is #1 in the World right now, yes.

I wasn't really in the market - I was just curious since I used Yonex tennis rackets for years. Thanks for the info.

TribalElder
02-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Rory is #1 because he is going old school tiger woods up in the Perkins waitresses breaking glass tables banging sluts.

Never swung a Yonnex so I can't speak on that

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2015, 06:03 PM

he's done

it hurts golf

Yeah, he's well into his decline. We may never see another golfer as exciting and dynamic as prime Tiger Woods was in our lifetimes, though I hope we do.

McIlroy is looking like an all-time great himself obviously, but he won't draw the same way Tiger did. Golf will take a serious hit.

Woods is likely done, but there have been numerous golfers whose careers were dead and buried for nearly a decade before they came back and played better than they ever had. Steve Stricker is the most recent example.

Now, Tiger won't ever be as good as he was in 2000, but if he regains his short game he could be as good as he was in 2006.

No one will ever draw like Tiger because he was a Jackie Robinson-type figure and a Jordan-type figure simultaneously. I don't think he will or should go down as the GOAT, but he's certainly #2.

It will be interesting to see how Rory's short game ages. He still hasn't won a major at a course that wasn't spongy. Ultimately, his luck in majors will normalize somewhat. To this point, he's been fantastically fortunate, but he will still likely end up with 10-12, which is too bad, because I fucking despise that douche pig-nosed Mick motherfucker.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2015, 06:06 PM
I wasn't really in the market - I was just curious since I used Yonex tennis rackets for years. Thanks for the info.

Yonex was one of the companies most responsible for increasing the predominance of graphite shafts on the PGA Tour. In the mid-1990s they actually debuted clubs that were made entirely of graphite, the ADX line. I had an ADX 200i that had a steel insert in the face. It was the best fairway wood I've ever had, and I still can't fucking believe I traded it.

Callaway tried to steal their tech about a decade later with a club called the C4.

Phil Mickelson played Yonex from 1992-99ish, and Scott Hoch played them too. Colin Montgomerie played Yonex in the second half of the 2000s, but as a Japanese company, their presence has always dominated the Asian Tour.

Pablo
02-09-2015, 06:10 PM
Woods is likely done, but there have been numerous golfers whose careers were dead and buried for nearly a decade before they came back and played better than they ever had. Steve Stricker is the most recent example.

Now, Tiger won't ever be as good as he was in 2000, but if he regains his short game he could be as good as he was in 2006.

No one will ever draw like Tiger because he was a Jackie Robinson-type figure and a Jordan-type figure simultaneously. I don't think he will or should go down as the GOAT, but he's certainly #2.

It will be interesting to see how Rory's short game ages. He still hasn't won a major at a course that wasn't spongy. Ultimately, his luck in majors will normalize somewhat. To this point, he's been fantastically fortunate, but he will still likely end up with 10-12, which is too bad, because I fucking despise that douche pig-nosed Mick motherfucker.Ugh. I just can't bring myself to root for this guy. I suspect I'll just stick to watching Majors and call it good if that's the star I'm going to have forced upon me.

philfree
02-09-2015, 10:43 PM
My Mizuno MP 15s will be in this week. I'm pretty excited about it. I tried three different heads and went with the 15s on the KBS shaft. My grouping was much better with the KBS then it was with the True Temper S300. I've been playing the True Temper shafts for the last 20 years and before that It was Hogan #4 shafts. In the end I never liked the True Temper's as much as the Hogan's.

I've never played anything but blades my whole life and while the MP 15s are a forged blade its not a true blade and it has a titanium insert forged into the head. So after many years this old dog has made a slight change.

Mizuno MP 15s 3-PW
Cleveland Classic Driver(with the brown head and gold face.)
Taylor Made RBZ 3 & 5 wood
I guess I'll keep using my MP 14 sw and I picked up a Mizuno 52 degree T-5 back in the fall but I've never been a 3 wedge type of guy. I like manipulating my pw and I can use it from any distance up to 125-130 yards. So we'll see what shakes out with my wedges as the year goes on.

KC native
02-09-2015, 11:49 PM
My Mizuno MP 15s will be in this week.

I swing those. I love them. I had an ancient set of T-Zoids that I learned on and when I updated them, I went with those.

Simply Red
02-10-2015, 12:53 AM
Yonex was one of the companies most responsible for increasing the predominance of graphite shafts on the PGA Tour. In the mid-1990s they actually debuted clubs that were made entirely of graphite, the ADX line. I had an ADX 200i that had a steel insert in the face. It was the best fairway wood I've ever had, and I still can't ****ing believe I traded it.

Callaway tried to steal their tech about a decade later with a club called the C4.

Phil Mickelson played Yonex from 1992-99ish, and Scott Hoch played them too. Colin Montgomerie played Yonex in the second half of the 2000s, but as a Japanese company, their presence has always dominated the Asian Tour.

not surprising - basically ditto'd w/ regards to their tennis gear - even when mentioning pros who use their equipment - good shit there - thanks.

philfree
02-10-2015, 11:25 PM
I swing those. I love them. I had an ancient set of T-Zoids that I learned on and when I updated them, I went with those.

When I purchased my old set of MP-14s I also go the T-Zoid Driver and fairway woods with the steel shafts. Still have them.

philfree
02-12-2015, 09:15 AM
I got a good deal with the irons I purchased but I was just looking at the TaylorMade drivers on their website and I'm insulted that they think $500.00 is an O.K. price for a single club. I can't believe that anyone would pay that. They can fuck off!

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-12-2015, 09:23 AM
I got a good deal with the irons I purchased but I was just looking at the TaylorMade drivers on their website and I'm insulted that they think $500.00 is an O.K. price for a single club. I can't believe that anyone would pay that. They can fuck off!

Wait two months and you can get the same club for 60% off.

No one should ever buy a new TM club. Their constant product churn has really hurt the golf industry, especially smaller shops that are left holding the ball with devalued inventory that they end up moving at a loss.

King_Chief_Fan
02-12-2015, 09:23 AM
Going to Golf Galaxy today to swing Callaway XR driver, Taylor Made Burner Aero and Cleveland Black CG.
I play with a Cleveland today but it is a little older version...Launch 290. I really like that club.
Now that I am retired...I plan on playing a lot more and could use a little more distance with the driver. Getting old sucks and does sap some of your swing speed.
Not sure what to look at with irons...I play with Cobra's today and don't see much need in changing those as I still hit them well.
I use a RBZ hybrid and a cleveland wedge.
I putt with a Ping

Dartgod
02-12-2015, 09:27 AM

No one should ever buy a new TM club. Their constant product churn has really hurt the golf industry, especially smaller shops that are left holding the ball with devalued inventory that they end up moving at a loss.

Doesn't bother me any. I got a set of 4-AW Rocketbladez irons for $299 and a Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour 3W for $69.99 recently.

EDIT: I know I proved your point. I'm just excited to play these if I ever get the fucking chance.

philfree
02-12-2015, 09:37 AM

I guess so. Think I'll stick with my Cleveland Classic for a while longer.

mr. tegu
02-12-2015, 10:00 AM
If anyone is interested, the Callaway certified used site is having a really good deal on things right now. I just bought a x hot 5 wood and hybrid 4 for $80. They are last years model but they are half the price of the x2 hot clubs. This is just like what Hamas said a few posts up with getting really good deals when the new model comes out.

Protip: make the purchase through their ebay store and things are even cheaper. Usually a difference of $10 to $20.

RockChalk
02-20-2015, 10:00 AM
Question...actually kind of 3.

Thinking about following the Royals out on the road for a weekend this year and want to make it kind of a golf trip, as well. Right now I'm looking at Boston (Aug 20-23), Tampa (Aug 28-30), and Baltimore (Sep 11-13). Obviously Tampa will have plenty of nice courses, but I'd be more interested in some historic courses in the area of Boston or Baltimore that the general public would be allowed to play. I don't mind having to drive a little ways.

Any of you guys have some suggestions? Thanks in advance

KC native
02-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Doesn't bother me any. I got a set of 4-AW Rocketbladez irons for $299 and a Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour 3W for $69.99 recently.

EDIT: I know I proved your point. I'm just excited to play these if I ever get the fucking chance.

My dad bought a set of Rocketballs irons just under 2 years ago. He loves them.

I swung them a couple times and they are super easy to get distance and keep reasonably straight.

MahiMike
02-20-2015, 11:22 AM
My son is a 4 handicap and plays competitively. He won his last tournament and I promised I'd get him fitted for a new driver. Has anyone used GolfTec? Are they in your area? They do a 90 minute evaluation of your swing and recommend clubs, shafts that fit you.

$125 for the evaluation is free if you buy the club through them. They carry all major brands other than Titleist and Cobra. Thinking of getting a Ping driver for him. He currently plays Taylor Made.

philfree
02-20-2015, 11:28 AM
I go pick up my MP-15s today at 1:00. I was hoping that the pair of Puma spikeless golf shoes I ordered are dropped off so I can wear them when I hit my new clubs on the trackman. I was going to buy a new pair of MY Joys but they were $320.00 so I went shopping and I found a pair of Foot Joy Icons for $130.00. So I ended up buying three pairs of shoes for the amount I could have paid for one. I got the Icons a pair FJ M Projects and the spikeless Pumas. I thought I done good.

I've also been bargain shopping for some golf duds. I picked up some Izod golf pants and a couple shark shirts from Macy's all on sale and with the wifes coupons it all became dirt cheap. I'm pretty much geared up for the 2015 golf year. Now if I could find a discount on some nice weather.

Meatloaf
02-20-2015, 11:36 AM
I go pick up my MP-15s today at 1:00. I was hoping that the pair of Puma spikeless golf shoes I ordered are dropped off so I can wear them when I hit my new clubs on the trackman. I was going to buy a new pair of MY Joys but they were $320.00 so I went shopping and I found a pair of Foot Joy Icons for $130.00. So I ended up buying three pairs of shoes for the amount I could have paid for one. I got the Icons a pair FJ M Projects and the spikeless Pumas. I thought I done good.

I've also been bargain shopping for some golf duds. I picked up some Izod golf pants and a couple shark shirts from Macy's all on sale and with the wifes coupons it all became dirt cheap. I'm pretty much geared up for the 2015 golf year. Now if I could find a discount on some nice weather.

You're gonna love those KBS shafts. I had them installed in my Adams CB3s and they are soooo smooth. Great shafts. Good luck!

philfree
02-20-2015, 11:46 AM
You're gonna love those KBS shafts. I had them installed in my Adams CB3s and they are soooo smooth. Great shafts. Good luck!

I got the KBS C Taper shafts. They blew the True Tempers away when I was trying them out. I've been playing True Temper shafts for 20 years and I never liked them as much as I did the old Hogan 4 shafts I had before that. I'm pumped!

The Pumas have arrived.

Meatloaf
02-20-2015, 12:42 PM
I got the KBS C Taper shafts. They blew the True Tempers away when I was trying them out. I've been playing True Temper shafts for 20 years and I never liked them as much as I did the old Hogan 4 shafts I had before that. I'm pumped!

The Pumas have arrived.

Yup, I have the c-tapers too. Slightly lower trajectory than S300s. You're gonna love em!

stevieray
02-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Man, I wish I could get out and play today. I have pretty much a new set of clubs and I've only been able to hit them at the range once.

I had an old set of Palm Springs cavity back clubs that I bought about 25 years ago. I replaced the driver with a TaylorMade Burner 9.5º about 3 years ago, and just recently replaced the irons with TaylorMade Rocketbladez irons (4-AW) and the 3W with a Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour 3W. My wife also bought me an Odyssey White Ice #9 putter for Christmas. I still need to replace my 5W, which I never used anyway. Never could hit that damn thing. I'll probably look into some sort of hybrid club.

Anyway, can't wait to get out to play.

I'm your huckleberry...played Ping Eye 2's for years..might pick up another set...Woods too...I found some at ten bucks a club.

...aquired Adams Drivers this summer for dirt cheap...love those clubs.

I've got to pick a putter..I have a Greg Norman Tiger Shark, PingZing, Hog1005D and an AXIS1

edit: Forgot I bought an ALL Hickory putter St Andrews The "Davie" but haven't tried it.

Dartgod
02-20-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm your huckleberry...played Ping Eye 2's for years..might pick up another set...Woods too...I found some at ten bucks a club.

...aquired Adams Drivers this summer for dirt cheap...love those clubs.

I've got to pick a putter..I have a Greg Norman Tiger Shark, PingZing, Hog1005D and an AXIS1

edit: Forgot I bought an ALL Hickory putter St Andrews The "Davie" but haven't tried it.

Yeah, we'll definitely have to get out and hit some this year. Does the Mrs. play? Mine does occasionally. She struggles quite a bit but we'd have a good time.

Dartgod
02-20-2015, 01:45 PM
The nice thing about replacing clubs every 20 years or so, is that you can buy new clubs that are a year or two old (technology wise) for a great price and significantly upgrade.

philfree
03-08-2015, 01:47 PM
So how's Terradyne CC and Crestview CC? Ironhorse and Deer Creek GC?

philfree
03-14-2015, 09:25 AM
So how's Terradyne CC and Crestview CC? Ironhorse and Deer Creek GC?

No feed back on these courses. Are they worth me driving to play?

I'm pumped for golf this year and I'm almost totally retooled. Just ordered a new Sun Mountain C-130S golf bag in black. Has the 14 slots, one for each club and although it's a cart bag it has a stand. I've had the same cart bag for 15 years so I was due.

New set of Mizuno MP-15s complete with a 56* SW and I picked a 52* late last fall. For the first time in my life I'm going to carry 3 wedges.
New pair of Foot Joy Icons as well as a pair of M Projects both at about half price.

I also picked some new duds at Macy's. With the sales and the wife's discounts I've been buying shirts and pants for a little over $20.00 per. Hell I even got new socks.

Now I'm ready!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQADMD0E73T-P2wFj3_e7u4DdQon-Uapk9NnQS-u08nKs_XjIWR_Q

KCTitus
03-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Question...actually kind of 3.

Thinking about following the Royals out on the road for a weekend this year and want to make it kind of a golf trip, as well. Right now I'm looking at Boston (Aug 20-23), Tampa (Aug 28-30), and Baltimore (Sep 11-13). Obviously Tampa will have plenty of nice courses, but I'd be more interested in some historic courses in the area of Boston or Baltimore that the general public would be allowed to play. I don't mind having to drive a little ways.

Any of you guys have some suggestions? Thanks in advance

For Baltimore, the biggest two would be TPC Avenel and Congressional. The TPC is open to public. I dont think Congressional is, but I really dont know.

TPC was the site for the Kemper Open until the mid late 90's and Congressional has a regular tour stop and was the site of the US Open in 2011.

philfree
03-18-2015, 07:15 PM
So I'm going to play a few golf tournaments this year in Kansas. Deer Creek(Overland Pk), Ironhorse(Leawood), Willow Bend(Wichita), Quail Ridge(Winfield) and Alvamar. I'm pretty sure these are all good tracks but if any of you all have opinions on these courses I would love to hear it.

Old Dog
03-22-2015, 03:51 PM
I have decided (again) that I hate this game. Shot a decent round for me today (86....I'm a 14.8 handicap) but not only did I miss THREE putts inside of two feet (don't even know how at that distance) I couldn't find the fairway off of the tee if you gave me a dadgum roadmap.

It's the 8th round I've played this year and outside of the driver I'm pretty happy with the way I'm playing. I have no off the wall notion that I'm going to suddenly start shooting low 80s every time out, but if I could get the big stick working correctly I do think I could shoot 85-89 consistently.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-22-2015, 03:55 PM
I have decided (again) that I hate this game. Shot a decent round for me today (86....I'm a 14.8 handicap) but not only did I miss THREE putts inside of two feet (don't even know how at that distance) I couldn't find the fairway off of the tee if you gave me a dadgum roadmap.

It's the 8th round I've played this year and outside of the driver I'm pretty happy with the way I'm playing. I have no off the wall notion that I'm going to suddenly start shooting low 80s every time out, but if I could get the big stick working correctly I do think I could shoot 85-89 consistently.

Consider looking at one of the mini drivers/deep faced three woods. It's a lot easier to control a club with a 43" shaft, and a lot of guys hit them almost as long as their driver.

Something like this, for example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tour-Edge-Golf-Exotics-XCG7-Beta-11-5-3-Wood-Regular-Matrix-White-Tie-5X3-/231508291993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e6f83199

Old Dog
03-22-2015, 04:01 PM
may do that if things keep up this way, thank you

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-22-2015, 04:01 PM
What's your setup right now, OD?

Old Dog
03-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Meaning how do I set up to the ball?
With the driver, with the ball about the left heel, and the right foot dropped back about 3". The issue is I'll push the dang thing one time and then pull it the next, hit one 4 miles high the next time, and every 6th or 7th time hit a baby draw that is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. It's like Forrest Gumps box of chocolates.

If you were meaning what clubs am I using....I have old bats.
Nike Sumo2 driver, 3W, and 2 hybrid
Nike Slingshot 3-7
Nike SQ Sumo 8,9,PW,AW,SW
Odyssey 2 ball putter

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Meaning how do I set up to the ball?
With the driver, with the ball about the left heel, and the right foot dropped back about 3". The issue is I'll push the dang thing one time and then pull it the next, hit one 4 miles high the next time, and every 6th or 7th time hit a baby draw that is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. It's like Forrest Gumps box of chocolates.

If you were meaning what clubs am I using....I have old bats.
Nike Sumo2 driver, 3W, and 2 hybrid
Nike Slingshot 3-7
Nike SQ Sumo 8,9,PW,AW,SW
Odyssey 2 ball putter

I was wondering more about the physical length of your driver shaft. I wasn't clear. Apologies.

You might be able to find a club like the X-Hot 3 Deep at 14.5, which is a deep faced 3-wood, to work as a driver. I wouldn't try it off the deck too often (unless you play on zoysia).

Honestly, the best thing you can do is find a good pro who offers reasonably-priced lessons. Make sure that he uses video. If he does, he can connect it to a laptop and you can download it onto a flash drive so you can view your swings (good and bad) so you know what to do.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-22-2015, 06:09 PM
Conversely, you could just try this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lg0ef3VN3DA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 04:38 PM
I made a pretty radical tweak this afternoon. I have a tendency for my LH to get way, way too strong on the club (like four knuckles at address). It affects the consistency of every shot I play because I have to play with a shut face and hold off the release.

I weakened my grip to 1.5 knuckles, first starting with chips and pitches. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I hit the ball significantly more consistently. It also made a difference in my full swings as well. It much easier to feel like you can go after the ball w/o fear of it going left.

Also, I tried hitting the X2 Hot 3 Deep, as I was considering a safe driver/two-wood.

Didn't care for it at all. My 15* TEE was longer off the tee and deck and easier to elevate.

O.city
03-26-2015, 04:52 PM
I made a pretty radical tweak this afternoon. I have a tendency for my LH to get way, way too strong on the club (like four knuckles at address). It affects the consistency of every shot I play because I have to play with a shut face and hold off the release.

I weakened my grip to 1.5 knuckles, first starting with chips and pitches. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I hit the ball significantly more consistently. It also made a difference in my full swings as well. It much easier to feel like you can go after the ball w/o fear of it going left.

Also, I tried hitting the X2 Hot 3 Deep, as I was considering a safe driver/two-wood.

Didn't care for it at all. My 15* TEE was longer off the tee and deck and easier to elevate.

In the end it will make it easier on your body and easier to repeat. I think it's a pretty smart move.

same reason I'm not a big fan of dust in Johnsons swing

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 04:57 PM
I was just getting ready to bump this thread.

Just spent 4 days in Alabama playing all three courses at RTJ Capitol Hill and the two at RTJ Grand National.

Capitol Hill is a must-play, IMO. Three courses on property, all very different.

The Judge is the course they are known for, and it's a beast. Played about as well as I'm capable of playing and still shot a 93. Hard, hard golf course. You could hit the middle of the fairway or a green and still roll into a hazard. Tee shot on #1 is incredible - 200 foot drop with the Mongomery skyline in the distance, trees left and water right.

The Senator is a links style course that hosts the LPGA Yokohama Classic. Tons of blind shots and HUGE greens - if you're on the wrong level, forget it. Above the hole, forget it. Best round there was an 83 with FIVE three-putts.

The Legislator was a tree-lined course and according to the course rating and slope is the hardest - I'd completely disagree. Keep the ball in play and it's nowhere near as penal as the Judge. Great shotmaker's course.

I'd heard great things about Grand National near Auburn, so we drove over and played 36. The Lakes course is hosting the PGA's Barbasol Championship this summer - they have a TON of work to do, or the pros are going to grumble. Conditioning was pretty poor. Pros should carve that place up.

7 rounds of golf in 4 days and a 9 hour drive each way - I feel like a bag of smashed assholes today.

O.city
03-26-2015, 05:16 PM
I've heard good things about thag area. Gonna have to make a trip down there. We're going to Bandon this summer, so pumped for that.

GloryDayz
03-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Will be starting up again soon. I'm sure I still suck, but I'm sure I'll keep throwing money into the game like a boat owner throws money in a lake..

O.city
03-26-2015, 07:00 PM
Btw, I've got a scotty cameron I'd like to sell, will take best offer for it.

http://acushnet.scene7.com/is/image/scottycameron/ss_newport_05_lg?fmt=png-alpha&wid=363&hei=284

It's this model. Got the original headcover.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Btw, I've got a scotty cameron I'd like to sell, will take best offer for it.

http://acushnet.scene7.com/is/image/scottycameron/ss_newport_05_lg?fmt=png-alpha&wid=363&hei=284

It's this model. Got the original headcover.

My stroke doesn't fit a gooseneck putter.

FWIW, a lot of places are offering 150% of trade value now. With the way Cameron's hold their prices, you may want to go that route instead of paying eBay/PP fees.

O.city
03-26-2015, 07:24 PM
My stroke doesn't fit a gooseneck putter.

FWIW, a lot of places are offering 150% of trade value now. With the way Cameron's hold their prices, you may want to go that route instead of paying eBay/PP fees.

I went away from the offset style as well.

Im not to worried about making anything on it, just seeing if anyone was interested although I hadn't thought of trading it in. Interesting

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:03 PM
I went away from the offset style as well.

Im not to worried about making anything on it, just seeing if anyone was interested although I hadn't thought of trading it in. Interesting

How much do you want for it?

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:04 PM
That was my first Scotty. Nice flatstick.

Wouldn't mind having it for a backup if the price was right.

O.city
03-26-2015, 08:06 PM
How much do you want for it?

How much you give for it?o:-)

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Tree fiddy?

O.city
03-26-2015, 08:09 PM
I'd love to get 100 bucks for it I suppose

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:10 PM
How much you give for it?o:-)

If you were a rand-o, I'd only buy it to flip it, not game it. As an English major, I can't, in good conscience, play anything made by someone whose entire career is based upon plagiarizing the work of other, superior manufacturers.

That's probably a low price, IMO, but it depends on condition.

philfree
03-26-2015, 08:13 PM

Not my style either. However I am disappointed that I got no feed back on the courses I ask about. None of you guys have played them? Iron Horse or Deer Creek?

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:13 PM
If you were a rand-o, I'd only buy it to flip it, not game it. As an English major, I can't, in good conscience, play anything made by someone whose entire career is based upon plagiarizing the work of other, superior manufacturers.

That's probably a low price, IMO, but it depends on condition.

Agreed.

If it's in decent shape, you could probably get $150+ for it on Ebay.

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Not my style either. However I am disappointed that I got no feed back on the courses I ask about. None of you guys have played them? Iron Horse or Deer Creek?

Nope. Only courses I've played in Kansas are Sycamore Ridge, Firekeeper and Colbert Hills.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Agreed.

If it's in decent shape, you could probably get $150+ for it on Ebay.

Yeah, but I'd be reticent to sell anything on eBay anymore. The entire landscape is ridiculously slanted towards buyers, to the point where unscrupulous assholes can routinely rip sellers off through bullshit reports.

Top that off with their fees being 12% and PP being 3%, and he may get more for it, but he also runs a significantly higher risk of getting rat-fucked compared to selling on golfwrx or trading it in at a local golf shop, provided they have trade bonuses.

O.city
03-26-2015, 08:18 PM

Iron horse is top notch in lenexa, pretty decently tough from the tips, small humpy greens. Pretty fun course. Deer creek is a little more meh, but it's not bad.

Deer creek is alot like river cut imo

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:18 PM
Nope. Only courses I've played in Kansas are Sycamore Ridge.

I helped my in-laws run a few junior tournaments out there. That course is a beast.

O.city
03-26-2015, 08:20 PM
If anyone wants it here though, I'll give them first dibs, if not. I'm gonna try and trade it in for a wedge or something

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:20 PM
The local range I go to had a set of ISI Nickels for $199. I seriously considered buying them and then getting vibratory tumbler at Harbor Freight to refurbish them and flip them for a profit. In the end, I decided against it.

They felt like absolute shit compared to my + no +, though.

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Yeah, but I'd be reticent to sell anything on eBay anymore. The entire landscape is ridiculously slanted towards buyers, to the point where unscrupulous assholes can routinely rip sellers off through bullshit reports.

Top that off with their fees being 12% and PP being 3%, and he may get more for it, but he also runs a significantly higher risk of getting rat-fucked compared to selling on golfwrx or trading it in at a local golf shop, provided they have trade bonuses.

Trading it might be his best option, but only if he's in need of new equipment. Some places will give you a gift card, others will only give you credit towards new equipment purchased that day.

WRX is turning into a hot mess. People wanting something for nothing. I had a Ping G25 driver I was looking to ditch - it was flawless, and I posted an ad selling it for $120.

Two days later, I hadn't gotten a single bite - so I put it on Ebay and got $180 for it.

With all that said, I completely agree with your assessment of Ebay. That driver was probably the last item I sell there, precisely for the reasons you listed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:23 PM
Who here goes 54-58 in their wedges? I've considered doing it, pulling out the 52, 56, and 60, but if I did I'd probably add a 2 wood and a 4 wood in place of the 3 wood.

I wish my Exotics was about 10% easier to hit off the deck.

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:23 PM
I helped my in-laws run a few junior tournaments out there. That course is a beast.

Hardest course I've ever played. IIRC, the slope rating from the middle tees is still in the 140's.

The front nine isn't all that difficult, but then you get to the back nine and get prison raped.

O.city
03-26-2015, 08:24 PM
I go 54 60, but my 54 is bent to a 55.

I've considered going 58 for a while though

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Hardest course I've ever played. IIRC, the slope rating from the middle tees is still in the 140's.

The front nine isn't all that difficult, but then you get to the back nine and get prison raped.

One of the kids out there shot 68 from the racks on the second day. I was impressed.

I've never played it, but I'm sure it would fuckstomp me.

philfree
03-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Iron horse is top notch in lenexa, pretty decently tough from the tips, small humpy greens. Pretty fun course. Deer creek is a little more meh, but it's not bad.

Deer creek is alot like river cut imo

I've played River Cut several times being from Springfield. It's a good course but probably a little over rated.

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Who here goes 54-58 in their wedges? I've considered doing it, pulling out the 52, 56, and 60, but if I did I'd probably add a 2 wood and a 4 wood in place of the 3 wood.

I go 50-54-58.

Which TEE model do you have? I have a XCG6, and the only time I've struggled off the deck with it were on the insanely tight bermuda lies we had this week in Alabama.

The only 3-wood I've hit more consistently was the old TaylorMade V-Steel.

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:28 PM
One of the kids out there shot 68 from the racks on the second day. I was impressed.

I've never played it, but I'm sure it would fuckstomp me.

Jesus.

I shot 88 as a 15 index there from the middle tees once and felt like I won the US Open.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:29 PM
I go 50-54-58.

Which TEE model do you have? I have a XCG6, and the only time I've struggled off the deck with it were on the insanely tight bermuda lies we had this week in Alabama.

The only 3-wood I've hit more consistently was the old TaylorMade V-Steel.

XCG-4. I picked up an XCG-7 4-wood last year, but it was way too light in the head. Felt like the SW was C-2 or something.

It's ok from the zoysia fairways where I would normally play, but that's a shot I need two times a round, max. I certainly don't hit it as well from a tight lie as I do my old i15.

O.city
03-26-2015, 08:31 PM
So just for jealousy, you guys should know I'll be teeing it up at Southern Hills this summer for a bachelor party. Be upset.

philfree
03-26-2015, 08:31 PM

First time in my life that I have 3 wedges in my bag. Not sure what to do exactly. Using an old Equalizer seems much easier. Got my 45 with the set and then I have a 52 and then a 56 SW.

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:33 PM
So just for jealousy, you guys should know I'll be teeing it up at Southern Hills this summer for a bachelor party. Be upset.

Had a chance to play there a few years ago and one of the guys didn't want to pay the $240 or whatever they were asking as a guest fee - so the rest of us backed down and passed on the opportunity.

Still smarting a bit over that one...

Best course I'll play this year will be Dalhousie.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:34 PM

You're talking to a dude that got to tag along with his brother in law to Carnoustie, Turnberry, and Kingsbarns for free, bruh. I think I'll live :).

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2015, 08:35 PM
You're talking to a dude that got to tag along with his brother in law to Carnoustie, Turnberry, and Kingsbarns for free, bruh. I think I'll live :).

Both of you can suck on Bob Stoops' Bag O' Dicks.

:D

O.city
03-26-2015, 08:36 PM
Had a chance to play there a few years ago and one of the guys didn't want to pay the $240 or whatever they were asking as a guest fee - so the rest of us backed down and passed on the opportunity.

Still smarting a bit over that one...

Best course I'll play this year will be Dalhousie.

Dalhousie is a jewel man, you'll enjoy thaT.

philfree
03-26-2015, 08:37 PM

Did we ever get the scores from that epic adventure? I never had a desire for world travel but I'd love doing that. You are a lucky a bastard!

philfree
03-26-2015, 08:38 PM

That's what I hear.

O.city
We've got the Scotland trip on the books for 2018 So pretty pumped about that.

although the price, not so much

OnTheWarpath15

I've walked it caddying for a buddy in state events a few times. It's going to chew me up, I don't have the length for it.

Should get a chance or two to play Hallbrook this summer - hardest Fazio design out there. Supposedly makes all the lists for hardest courses in America.

O.city
03-26-2015, 08:41 PM
I've got a buddy that's a member at dalhousie who played some small tour stuff and is a stick, watched him throw up a 66 from the back there.

Impressive

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Did we ever get the scores from that epic adventure? I never had a desire for world travel but I'd love doing that. You are a lucky a bastard!

I can tell you that I didn't keep score at Turnberry. We were playing in 50-60 mph winds. My BIL played off a 1.4 at the time and I don't think he broke 100. I will never play a course that hard again. Those conditions were inhuman. I literally thought I was going to die on 7 or 8.

I shot a 93 at the Jubilee course at St. Andrews, which was absolutely terrible, because I was only +3 through 8.

Carnoustie beat us the fuck up. I had a lot of good numbers and a lot of big numbers.

Kingsbarns was beautiful, but I didn't string together several holes of solid golf like I did at Carnoustie.

O.city
03-26-2015, 08:49 PM
We should have a cp golf outing sometime

philfree
03-26-2015, 08:56 PM
I can tell you that I didn't keep score at Turnberry. We were playing in 50-60 mph winds. My BIL played off a 1.4 at the time and I don't think he broke 100. I will never play a course that hard again. Those conditions were inhuman. I literally thought I was going to die on 7 or 8.

I shot a 93 at the Jubilee course at St. Andrews, which was absolutely terrible, because I was only +3 through 8.

Carnoustie beat us the **** up. I had a lot of good numbers and a lot of big numbers.

Kingsbarns was beautiful, but I didn't string together several holes of solid golf like I did at Carnoustie.

That's a trip of a lifetime. Traveling and playing golf is hard. 93 was probably pretty good. What season was it?

philfree
03-26-2015, 09:02 PM
We should have a cp golf outing sometime

Sounds fun.

O.city
03-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Phil, if you'd ever like to meet up and play in springfield hot me up.

KC native
03-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Went to the range for the first time in months today with the kid.

I've been battling a slice for awhile. Went with a strong grip today and finally got rid of it for the most part. I couldn't believe the difference.

philfree
03-26-2015, 09:14 PM
Phil, if you'd ever like to meet up and play in springfield hot me up.

We need to do it. On another note I have a dog that looks just like the one in your Avatar. Fonzie or as I call him The Fonz!

I play at Deer Lake which makes most of my golf excursions an upgrade.

O.city
03-26-2015, 09:59 PM
We need to do it. On another note I have a dog that looks just like the one in your Avatar. Fonzie or as I call him The Fonz!

I play at Deer Lake which makes most of my golf excursions an upgrade.

Bella, the dog in my sig, is a shorkie (shitzu Yorke mix) and she's a pistol.

We joined out at Highland last summer as junior.members. I'd love to have you out sometime.

We had state golf at deer lake my freshman and sophomore year. It's a fun course.

philfree
03-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Bella, the dog in my sig, is a shorkie (shitzu Yorke mix) and she's a pistol.

We joined out at Highland last summer as junior.members. I'd love to have you out sometime.

We had state golf at deer lake my freshman and sophomore year. It's a fun course.

I've played Highland Springs a few times and I like it a lot.

Almost a riddle. I grew across the street from Horton Smith and then I was fortunate enough to play Hickory for my formative years and now I'm a Deer Laker. $42.00 a month after taxes. If you decide to join give them my name.

O.city
03-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Anyone gonna try and play today?

philfree
03-28-2015, 12:06 PM
No it's to cold for me. I'm planning on going to the course and hitting some balls tomorrow though and then I'm going to try and play and practice as many days as I can this coming week. Mid April I'm going to see an old friend in Nashville and We're going to play The General's Retreat @ Hermitage. Website says it's the best course in Nashville. We're going to play somewhere else too but I never got the name of the course straight. Fairways won't be in I'm sure but it's about seeing my old buddy. Guys lost his 17 year old son a few years back and then his wife last year. He's had a pretty rough go so I figured I go see him to brighten his day.

philfree
03-28-2015, 12:35 PM
No it's to cold for me. I'm planning on going to the course and hitting some balls tomorrow though and then I'm going to try and play and practice as many days as I can this coming week. Mid April I'm going to see an old friend in Nashville and We're going to play The General's Retreat @ Hermitage. Website says it's the best course in Nashville. We're going to play somewhere else too but I never got the name of the course straight. Fairways won't be in I'm sure but it's about seeing my old buddy. Guys lost his 17 year old son a few years back and then his wife last year. He's had a pretty rough go so I figured I go see him to brighten his day.

Bout had myself talked into going to the course then I checked the temp. 39 feels like 29. Nope.

O.city
03-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Yeah i walked outside to change the car seats but decided golf can wait. It's chilly out

philfree
03-28-2015, 07:13 PM
I had it wrong. Again. We play the Presidents Reserve @ Hermitage and then the other course is Gaylord Springs. I don't know Nashville but I think these are probably great places.

OnTheWarpath15
03-31-2015, 05:35 PM
Goddammit.

Had my first round in the 70's in my sights. 1-over through 7 holes.

Then proceeded to take four doubles and a triple for a crowd pleasing 85.

Bleh.

GloryDayz
03-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Goddammit.

Bleh.

I'd be happy with an honest 85! Just sayin....

tigers#1fan
03-31-2015, 07:53 PM
O & Phil, would like to join in if you're gonna play in the Berg sometime. I used to play up there a lot in my younger years. (made Payne Stewart pick golf over football, after I KO'd him in a game in 74) You all remember Silers Shady Acres out on south National? Now a sub-division, LOVED to play out there. Played @ Horton, Deer Lake, Grandview (ie Stewart) Twin Oaks, Hidden Valley is a blast!!! Think I broke 275 once, of course 13 of that was clubs!!!

Kman34
03-31-2015, 08:12 PM
Look What I did today!! 135 Yard PW...Hole In One

GloryDayz
03-31-2015, 08:14 PM
Look What I did today!! 135 Yard PW...Hole In One

I could hit driver from that distance these days and still come up short!

Good job man....

philfree
03-31-2015, 09:56 PM
O & Phil, would like to join in if you're gonna play in the Berg sometime. I used to play up there a lot in my younger years. (made Payne Stewart pick golf over football, after I KO'd him in a game in 74) You all remember Silers Shady Acres out on south National? Now a sub-division, LOVED to play out there. Played @ Horton, Deer Lake, Grandview (ie Stewart) Twin Oaks, Hidden Valley is a blast!!! Think I broke 275 once, of course 13 of that was clubs!!!

I was jumping the fence at Horton in 1974 when I was a wee lad of 13.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Holy Christ...

Apparently, the only prerequisite for playing Women's Division III golf is to have a pulse.

Here are the scores from a tournament played outside Philly. Make sure to scroll ALL the way down.

http://www.goeasterneagles.com/15boxscores/wg/wg033115_cards.htm

Prison Bitch
04-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Holy Christ...

Apparently, the only prerequisite for playing Women's Division III golf is to have a pulse.

Here are the scores from a tournament played outside Philly. Make sure to scroll ALL the way down.

http://fdudevils.com/images/2015/2/20/headshot_2_Resnick.jpg

Meh, no biggie on the golf. In 7 years she'll be breast-feeding a youngin anyway.

Old Dog
04-01-2015, 06:00 PM
In 7 years she'll be breast-feeding a youngin anyway.

Not even gonna point out the idea that the majority of women golfers are fur traders.....that would be politically incorrect

GloryDayz
04-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Holy Christ...

Wow, with title 9 in play, perhaps some men have an opportunity. For that matter, if you're not opposed to wearing a kilt and having a name like Stack, you could have ur college paid for.

GloryDayz
04-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Not even gonna point out the idea that the majority of women golfers are fur traders.....that would be politically incorrect
If they're not shaving the fur, it's just as well...

philfree
04-01-2015, 06:40 PM

Ehhh bull.

O.city
04-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Most golf programs at that level are club sports and aren't likely given money for scholarships

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Most golf programs at that level are club sports and aren't likely given money for scholarships

I kinda assumed that, but how do you in good conscious put a girl out there who can't break 100 in NINE holes?

I'd pay money to see how she carded a 60 on one hole. I can't imagine being in the groups behind her.

philfree
04-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Holy Christ...

Goddammit.

Bleh.

So you would have walked away with that trophy?

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Would have came in 4th.

LMAO

O.city
04-01-2015, 06:49 PM
I kinda assumed that, but how do you in good conscious put a girl out there who can't break 100 in NINE holes?

I'd pay money to see how she carded a 60 on one hole. I can't imagine being in the groups behind her.

When I played in college we had to help with some junior tournaments, instruction, keeping score etc.

I've seen some 120s and above, it's brutal

philfree
04-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Would have came in 4th.

LMAO

I got beat by a girl in a match last year. She teed off ahead of me and she can move it pretty good so unless I played halfway decent I was going to have my hands full. I didn't play decent and she kicked my ass.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm trying to figure how she had enough golf balls to finish the round.

I highly doubt she carded over 200 strokes without a bunch of penalties/lost balls.

GloryDayz
04-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I'm trying to figure how she had enough golf balls to finish the round.

I highly doubt she carded over 200 strokes without a bunch of penalties/lost balls.

Srsly???? If you're going 200 on the card, it's not like you hit it very far!

philfree
04-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Haven't got to get out like I planned but I hit about 100 balls before the storms hit. Wasn't that quality but I got in the reps. It was a positive. Which goes to one of my most important points about practice. Don't ever let practice make you worse. If it didn't go well don't let that get to you and make your game worse. If you put in the work that's the positive and then in the end "we talking about practice"!

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Srsly???? If you're going 200 on the card, it's not like you hit it very far!

She had a few somewhat normal scores on the front nine. She has to be able to hit the ball somewhat decent to score double/triple bogey, or even quad.

I was thinking the hole she took a 60 on might have involved a forced carry over water or something.

GloryDayz
04-01-2015, 07:04 PM
She had a few somewhat normal scores on the front nine. She has to be able to hit the ball somewhat decent to score double/triple bogey, or even quad.

I was thinking the hole she took a 60 on might have involved a forced carry over water or something.

I suspect she figured out how to lay-up around the 10th wet ball. It took me a LONG time to learn to lay-up.

Now the hybrids are going to be me a confidence my swing can't back up...

philfree
04-01-2015, 07:08 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say of those players were recruited as beginners. They probably couldn't field a full team if they didn't do that.

philfree
04-01-2015, 07:16 PM
The new irons seem to be working out with what I wanted. The MP-15s with the KBS C-taper shaft hit it farther by at least a club and maybe more. I'm not sure about forgiveness but they are long when hit well.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2015, 07:17 PM
The new irons seem to be working out with what I wanted. The MP-15s with the KBS C-taper shaft hit it farther by at least a club and maybe more. I'm not sure about forgiveness but they are long when hit well.

I recently switched to C-Tapers from X100's softstepped.

Very pleased.

Prison Bitch
04-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Some years ago I hit next to this smoking hot chick who was hitting the ball better than anyone I've ever seen (not including actual pros). I asked her if she was a college player and she said she was in town for a pro event. She was incredible.

philfree
04-01-2015, 07:27 PM
I recently switched to C-Tapers from X100's softstepped.

Very pleased.

It was a big change for an old school golfer like me but it's working out. I want a new driver and fairway metal now. I'm 53 and I want distance off the tee so I was thinking some Aero Burners. The price has to come down though.

philfree
04-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Some years ago I hit next to this smoking hot chick who was hitting the ball better than anyone I've ever seen (not including actual pros). I asked her if she was a college player and she said she was in town for a pro event. She was incredible.

Golfers Only.com Chicks who play golf are hot to me.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2015, 07:31 PM
It was a big change for an old school golfer like me but it's working out. I want a new driver and fairway metal now. I'm 53 and I want distance off the tee so I was thinking some Aero Burners. The price has to come down though.

I picked up a Bio Cell and put in a new shaft - and I won't be looking back.

Just as forgiving as the Ping G25 I gamed previously, longer and no sounding like the Little League World Series.

I'm so happy with it, I picked up a 3/4 wood today to see if it can kick my TEE XCG6 out of the bag.

philfree
04-01-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm swinging a Cleveland Classic that's about 3 1/2 years old. It's got the brown head and the gold face and is very pretty but at this point I'm probably giving up performance.

GloryDayz
04-01-2015, 08:21 PM

Just bought... Will update Saturday/Sunday.... I've used a friends (but Callaways), and so far it's awesome.

http://www.beavergolf.com/images_products/cobra-bio-cell-hybrid-club-1753big.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-01-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm swinging a Cleveland Classic that's about 3 1/2 years old. It's got the brown head and the gold face and is very pretty but at this point I'm probably giving up performance.

You're likely not giving up anything except for on mishits. COR standardization is going to give you the same performance on center strikes. You will likely get better ball speeds on mishits, though.

philfree
04-01-2015, 08:46 PM
You're likely not giving up anything except for on mishits. COR standardization is going to give you the same performance on center strikes. You will likely get better ball speeds on mishits, though.

I'm probably having more mishits then I realize or want to acknowledge.

GloryDayz
04-01-2015, 08:50 PM

LOL, I'm still sporting a 1/3/5 set of Spalding Executive Graphite woods and Dunlap irons (from 1992)... Until my neighbor donated a set of Burner Irons and a Sasquatch driver, I was totally in the dark ages. After dumping $700+ into my older son's custom Callaways, then having him remind me that I'm playing with plastic clubs, I was happy the neighbor bailed me out when HE go HIS custom Callaways.

That's why I bought MY first hybrid... I can't beat either of them, but hopefully I'll look less silly now...

But my son is great, those years of football, a LOT of baseball, a LOT of wresting, and a LOT of tennis have resulted in a beautiful golf swing. And he loves it, it it was coin WELL spent. And watching him drive a ball is something that pretty-much is a clinic.

We played the Sykes Par-3 in OP last summer, ended up on the driving range after the round, and one of the Pros asked him is he could use his swing as an example of what he's trying to get his client to do. It was really cool, and solidified to him that I wasn't lying about his swing. Now, when he gets greedy it costs us a ball because he can shank them with the best of them, but when he's not being dumb (with my money!!), he's fun to watch..

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/35154155/aview/IMG_0302_086.jpg

Old Dog
04-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Fried a motor stud on my cart a week or so ago (had a loose connection I didn't notice apparently). The cart is out of commission for a couple of weeks, but I found a guy in South Carolina that's gonna upgrade it. Oddly enough, I'm kind of happy it happened. It needed to be rebuilt anyway, but this guy is going to upgrade it for about half of what a shop around here would have done it.

KC native
04-02-2015, 01:47 PM

There isn't much forgiveness in them. The T-Zoids I learned on were tremendously easier to hit than the MP-15s.

philfree
04-02-2015, 06:44 PM
There isn't much forgiveness in them. The T-Zoids I learned on were tremendously easier to hit than the MP-15s.

You must understand that I've been playing a set of MP-14s for the last 20 years there about. I wasn't really looking for forgiveness as much as distance but these feel pretty punishing on off center hits. My plan is to hit it in the sweet spot though so we'll see what happens.

Prison Bitch
04-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Amanda Dufner filed for divorce.

GloryDayz
04-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Amanda Dufner filed for divorce.

I've never wished I was an umbrella until now...

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Amanda+Dufner+World+Golf+Championships+Cadillac+25jLz5ub89Jl.jpg

GloryDayz
04-02-2015, 08:40 PM
I've never wished I was an umbrella until now...

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Amanda+Dufner+World+Golf+Championships+Cadillac+25jLz5ub89Jl.jpg

http://thenosebleeds.nextimpulsemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/amanda-dufner-umbrella.jpg

tmw4h5
04-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Somebody post some WITB porn. I need to get off before bed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-02-2015, 09:18 PM
If you want some real golf porn, check this out, posted a little more than a month ago:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M1G0TWFSSK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is 1/13. The entire final round of the 1986 Masters. I've never found it anywhere else, or available for sale in its entirety.

philfree
04-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Put in some work on the range today and hit at least 230 balls all PWs except the 100 consecutive drivers I hit. I call that the Century. I don't feel bad either at 53 years of age. I may feel different in the morning. Wedges weren't to pleasing but the drivers were not to bad. There were a few scuds in the bunch but most were playable and some looked like smart bombs. Beautiful day for practicing with the temp right at 60 degrees the whole time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Put in some work on the range today and hit at least 230 balls all PWs except the 100 consecutive drivers I hit. I call that the Century. I don't feel bad either at 53 years of age. I may feel different in the morning. Wedges weren't to pleasing but the drivers were not to bad. There were a few scuds in the bunch but most were playable and some looked like smart bombs. Beautiful day for practicing with the temp right at 60 degrees the whole time.

My back could not take practice like that. I hit about 60 balls today and was starting to wear down.

Last year, I took some lessons from a guy who told me to focus on shortening my swing and turning my chest away from the target. It's good advice, but it always felt artificial, like I was moving from A-B-C in the swing.

I made a decision to just focus on the things I do well and not worry about bad outcomes, because the fear of a bad shot needlessly tightens me up. I just tried to take the club back simultaneously as high and deep at possible and get on to my left side for the strike. I hit the ball much, much better.

stevieray
04-04-2015, 07:51 PM
overthinking your swing is the worst thing you can do while on the course.

KCTitus
04-04-2015, 08:32 PM
So...I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this in this thread, but it is golf related.

Tiger has announced that he is going to play in the Masters next week. It's my assumption that if he's more than +4 going onto the back nine on Friday, his glutes will suddenly deactivate and cause a withdrawal.

I look forward to watching Tiger chili dip at Augusta.

philfree
04-04-2015, 09:18 PM
My back could not take practice like that. I hit about 60 balls today and was starting to wear down.

Last year, I took some lessons from a guy who told me to focus on shortening my swing and turning my chest away from the target. It's good advice, but it always felt artificial, like I was moving from A-B-C in the swing.

I made a decision to just focus on the things I do well and not worry about bad outcomes, because the fear of a bad shot needlessly tightens me up. I just tried to take the club back simultaneously as high and deep at possible and get on to my left side for the strike. I hit the ball much, much better.

I worked all winter strengthening my weak spots and I held up well today. At my age(our age) we aren't going to reinvent the wheel. Do what we do and then get better and improve.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-04-2015, 09:40 PM

I don't overthink my swing on the golf course, but I damn sure do on the range.

O.city
04-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Put in some good work today.

I've decided to try and completely take out the left side of the golf course. I have always hit a left to right shot, but have struggled the past few years trying to transition to a draw. I'm pretty pumped about it because I'm getting the confidence back to just fire it down the line without it flipping left.

philfree
04-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Put in some good work today.

I've decided to try and completely take out the left side of the golf course. I have always hit a left to right shot, but have struggled the past few years trying to transition to a draw. I'm pretty pumped about it because I'm getting the confidence back to just fire it down the line without it flipping left.

Never flip it.

philfree
04-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Never flip it.

I've been yelled at by an old school golf pro....."you can't quit flipping it!"

Make your natural swing and be sure the heel get's there first. Hit it straight maybe. ...Just a thought.

philfree
04-04-2015, 10:51 PM
My first golf memory is on Easter Day picking up a stick and taking a cut at an egg. LOL

GloryDayz
04-05-2015, 07:17 AM

I played my first "Guy's Club" round yesterday and it was a reminder of my age (and why 99.999% of us are nowhere close to playing on the tour). We had to wait for the frost to melt on the green before we started, but the extra stretching time didn't help the bones this AM after THAT and them mowing/yard work.

The LOL'ist part is that because of the frost and a strict "on the path" rule for the round, I pretty-much got as many steps in riding (which I rarely do) than when we drag a cart.

And seeing the robot bag carts in intriguing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

GloryDayz
04-05-2015, 07:19 AM

I'm sure mine couldn't. Another reason Tiger Woods was such a stud, the man did that kind of stuff before breakfast then played a round.

GloryDayz
04-05-2015, 07:23 AM

Yeah, but who doesn't from time-to-time. On the flip side I had a few strokes yesterday where I knew I didn't feel right, but chose not to reset everything. Suffice it to say those were the moments I was wishing that the price if chipped balls and GPS were a reality! More often than that's my excuse for have a bit of poison ivy and justifying SCUBA gear...

GloryDayz
04-05-2015, 07:25 AM
So...I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this in this thread, but it is golf related.

Tiger has announced that he is going to play in the Masters next week. It's my assumption that if he's more than +4 going onto the back nine on Friday, his glutes will suddenly deactivate and cause a withdrawal.

I look forward to watching Tiger chili dip at Augusta.

WTF? What's you're problem with the man?

OnTheWarpath15
04-05-2015, 12:14 PM
JB Holmes makes the turn in 29.

O.city
04-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Never flip it.

It all about the right forearm plane.

GloryDayz
04-05-2015, 12:46 PM
It all about the right forearm plane.

My "plane" must to this more often than I'd like because that's about where I end up!

http://www.interestingemails.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/plane-crash-airport.jpg

Bowser
04-05-2015, 02:18 PM
JB Holmes makes the turn in 29.

Damn. That's usually a solid 4 holes for me.

GloryDayz
04-05-2015, 02:48 PM
The time when Phil getting leg-naked for a shot was kinda cool to see.

KCwolf
04-05-2015, 06:56 PM
What a great finish to the PGA event today - was rooting for Wagner, just to see him get into this years Masters --- but damn that Jordan Spieth is the real deal -- and great W for JB Holmes - guy is off to a great start of the year as well! Next Up - MASTERS!

GloryDayz
04-05-2015, 06:59 PM
What a great finish to the PGA event today - was rooting for Wagner, just to see him get into this years Masters --- but damn that Jordan Spieth is the real deal -- and great W for JB Holmes - guy is off to a great start of the year as well! Next Up - MASTERS!

This, it was indeed a great tournament to watch (when I could).

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Outstanding commercial. Only thing missing was Tiger spraying the ball two fairways over and complaining about his glutes not activating.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CdhWhgA8Y0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2015, 09:22 AM
And this is a couple of years old, but I'm guessing some of you haven't seen it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ft2fLuz9mF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MahiMike
04-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Anyone a little sick of the Master's coverage before it begins? I just watched a bunch of little kids get exploited on the Golf Channel. They had HOURS of coverage on the thing.

Or maybe I'm just bitter they wouldn't even let my kid try out....(

GloryDayz
04-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Anyone a little sick of the Master's coverage before it begins? I just watched a bunch of little kids get exploited on the Golf Channel. They had HOURS of coverage on the thing.

Or maybe I'm just bitter they wouldn't even let my kid try out....(

Meh, golf is so good for people, I'm OK with it getting shoved down folk's throats more than other sports.

Golf, like tennis, is a sport people can do their whole lives so I think the more people who learn to love it the better health the planet will enjoy. Not to mention the generally gentleman's way about it, there's more reason than ever to get kids into this instead of other sports that'll only (usually) last through high school.

GloryDayz
04-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Three buckets and he loved each improved hit... And I love my new Cobra BioCell Hybrid... I suck less now. . And a 10-finger grip DOES fix a slice... http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/da40a3c51df32d3a682c084af1d15e10.jpg

philfree
04-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Three buckets and he loved each improved hit... And I love my new Cobra BioCell Hybrid... I suck less now. . And a 10-finger grip DOES fix a slice... http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/da40a3c51df32d3a682c084af1d15e10.jpg

Nice position for a youngster.

OnTheWarpath15
04-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Can't believe there hasn't been any Masters talk in here.

Seems like Rory, Tiger, Bubba and Jordan are getting all the attention - wouldn't be shocked to see DJ or Jimmy Walker win it though.

Prison Bitch
04-09-2015, 07:09 AM
I'm mixed between Day and Scott winning. Bubba will be a factor again. I'll go with Day to finally break through. Gotta be a boss off the tee at Augusts and they are.

Plus day has the hottest wife so I want her getting airtime

O.city
04-09-2015, 10:12 AM
It's such a demanding course and with apparent wet conditions, gonna be tough for short hitters.

I think Rory wins it

O.city
04-09-2015, 03:56 PM
So far, Lotta guys in good shape. Spieth kinda running away with it though

stonedstooge
04-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Spieth rolling in putts, Day shooting bullets

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-09-2015, 04:32 PM
So far, Lotta guys in good shape. Spieth kinda running away with it though

It's Thursday.

----------------

Crenshaw posted a solid 91, including a tidy 48 on the back. I imagine he'll be getting a letter from the members a few months in to 2016.

O.city
04-09-2015, 04:39 PM
It's Thursday.

----------------

Crenshaw posted a solid 91, including a tidy 48 on the back. I imagine he'll be getting a letter from the members a few months in to 2016.

Unless he blows up (which is entirely possible) he's effectively shrunk the field

stonedstooge
04-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Tommy Watson still in the hunt, bless him

MahiMike
04-09-2015, 05:15 PM

Nice form. Keep him going. My son played all kinds of sports then settled on golf. We're headed to Jeckyll Island this weekend for a tournament!

It's like a little vacation for us.

MahiMike
04-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Speith almost hitting the record. Day with a smoking finish.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Unless he blows up (which is entirely possible) he's effectively shrunk the field

He doesn't even need to blow up. If he shoots 72-73 tomorrow anyone who has a legitimate shot of making the cut can still win the tournament.

O.city
04-09-2015, 07:58 PM
He doesn't even need to blow up. If he shoots 72-73 tomorrow anyone who has a legitimate shot of making the cut can still win the tournament.

Hes been consistently playing well though, basically, 3 rounds of even par or better win him the tourney, imo

Prison Bitch
04-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Hes been consistently playing well though, basically, 3 rounds of even par or better win him the tourney, imo

Why? You think -8 wins the Masters? If it plays as toothless as it did today, you'll have a dozen guys beating that score. It's 1 day. Doesn't mean shit.

Now, when Kaymer goes out at the US Open and opens up a 7 shot lead or whatever, different ballgame. But even then there were 3 more rounds. Long way to go.

stevieray
04-09-2015, 08:40 PM
A the first 37Forever get together we held a tourney.. Art Still showed up and played.

Good times!

O.city
04-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Why? You think -8 wins the Masters? If it plays as toothless as it did today, you'll have a dozen guys beating that score. It's 1 day. Doesn't mean shit.

Now, when Kaymer goes out at the US Open and opens up a 7 shot lead or whatever, different ballgame. But even then there were 3 more rounds. Long way to go.

It just rarely plays out that way. I think -12 probably wins it, but that's just a few decent rounds from Spieth. Noone is throwing up 64 tomorrow.

GloryDayz
04-09-2015, 09:20 PM
There's just something awesome about watching the Masters...

philfree
04-09-2015, 09:36 PM
There's just something awesome about watching the Masters...

My favorite Major.

Prison Bitch
04-09-2015, 09:53 PM
They should invite Tiger to open the tourney next year with Arnie, Jack and Gary

philfree
04-09-2015, 11:01 PM
I think I'm becoming a Spieth fan. He such a well grounded young man and his relationship with his handicapped sister is probably part of that. Wonderful kid.

tk13
04-09-2015, 11:07 PM
In the last 30 years, only 1 first round leader has won the Masters. Immelman in 2008.

NJChiefsFan
04-10-2015, 01:43 AM
It just rarely plays out that way. I think -12 probably wins it, but that's just a few decent rounds from Spieth. Noone is throwing up 64 tomorrow.

I don't know how I feel about Spieth. I like him, but I don't find myself overly pulling for him. He is so solid as a person and a player that it's almost a little boring, although that's not really true because I enjoy watching him play. I don't know how to explain it. Not really fair to him, because I know if he was arrogant like Billy Horschel I would be all over him for it. And his relationship with his sister is 100% win. I do like him, but I don't find myself really rooting for him like I do with Kuchar and Fowler. Maybe because it's just a forgone conclusion that at some point he will be holding a ton of hardware.

Kid has been pretty calm overall. He has, however, referenced his blowing of the lead last year. I like that he talks about it, but if he puts up a funky score tomorrow, or even more so when they make the course hard on Sat, he is going to start feeling it again.

I like picked Day and Spieth in my pool so I'm certainly sticking with them after the first round as my prediction. Watson, though, is in a nice position with having the attention off him right now. Phil has nothing to lose either. He always has attention, but nothing was expected of him this week. As big as Phil is, with Spieth going, Tiger back, and Rory doing his awkward gate around the course, he really could just be quietly there in the end. Again, quietly respective to Phil's normal attention.

MahiMike
04-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Watching the Masters with its blooming flowers always pisses me off that the move the Players to May. The March timeframe was perfect for the azaleas blooming. Plus it was the mark of Spring.

Oh well. Play on.

Dartgod
04-10-2015, 09:14 AM
A the first 37Forever get together we held a tourney.. Art Still showed up and played.

Good times!

Yep, first time I met you, my friend.

KC_Connection
04-10-2015, 01:42 PM
36 hole scoring record for Spieth. He can win this thing on the weekend. Will be about how he deals with those nerves.

Amazing to see Tiger at T-12 right now through 2 days, did not see that coming.

GloryDayz
04-10-2015, 04:45 PM
I think I'm becoming a Spieth fan. He such a well grounded young man and his relationship with his handicapped sister is probably part of that. Wonderful kid.

This. So far there's just nothing to not like about the kid...

Rep to you Sir...

GloryDayz
04-10-2015, 04:47 PM
36 hole scoring record for Spieth. He can win this thing on the weekend. Will be about how he deals with those nerves.

Amazing to see Tiger at T-12 right now through 2 days, did not see that coming.It's really hard to watch him struggle like this. He's too awesome to see him struggle like this. Ugh!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-10-2015, 04:52 PM
It's really hard to watch him struggle like this. He's too awesome to see him struggle like this. Ugh!

Pretty sure he meant it as a positive for Tiger.

04-10-2015, 04:56 PM
This. So far there's just nothing to not like about the kid...

Rep to you Sir...

Dallas prep school kid and played for UT. A lot to hate, IMO

TribalElder
04-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Hell yes Phil!

Hope he wins

TribalElder
04-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Oh shit is spieth really 14 under ROFL

GloryDayz
04-10-2015, 05:15 PM
From listening to his interviews leading up to this I was hoping he'd be higher. Either way, we're all hoping he does well and that's cool.

GloryDayz
04-10-2015, 05:19 PM
And J. B. Holmes bank-in/roll-in chip was awesome. LOL, just awesome...

stonedstooge
04-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Watson make the cut? Just got home and didn't see his name. Thanks

ROYC75
04-10-2015, 05:38 PM

Good times!

Yep, I thought Art was going to come and try to stuff me in his bag. He was in the foursome in front of us, he kept waiving us to come on, just to keep play moving because the course management wanted us to.. I kept dropping tee shots on them and then all of a sudden, here he comes in the golf cart. :eek:

I just knew I was toast, turns out he just showed up on the tee box looking for his keys.:rolleyes: He told me I was doing a hell of a job driving the ball, just keep hitting it.

Art was still a big ole boy, so was I, I wasn't sure what was going to happen. My stepfather, my oldest son, III and I were a little nervous there for few minutes.

KC_Connection
04-10-2015, 08:46 PM
For sure...he hasn't put a good round together in like a year, let alone a whole tournament. This is a great result for him so far. Did not figure he'd be playing the weekend.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Spieth is just taking the course apart. Truly amazing golf right now.

GloryDayz
04-10-2015, 09:24 PM
Spieth is just taking the course apart. Truly amazing golf right now.

Had he holed some of those close one, wow, just WOW... The kid's looking awesome to say the least...

tk13
04-10-2015, 09:37 PM
It is pretty amazing, so you can't complain about seeing that kind of dominance. In another way though, I almost wish he wasn't doing so well. If he was back closer to the pack at -8 or -9, it would be setting up an insane weekend with a ton of huge names in play. You'd have Phil, Tiger, Rory, Els, Sergio, Scott, Day, Rose, Dustin Johnson, Cabrera, Oosthuizan, Schwartzel and even Mark O'Meara all chasing the young gun. A ton of major champions and guys who are regularly in contention.

It would've been one of the most amazing weekends in a long time. As it stands now even Phil and Els might be too far away unless he collapses, and they're 6th and 7th.

Kman34
04-11-2015, 08:20 AM
They can dry that course up and he won't score as well or fall back..... But that means its hard for everyone else to catch him too...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Scoring is really good so far. If Spieth plays B-level golf he's going to get to -20.

Of course, if his putter deserts him or if he struggles with his irons a lot of guys could close the gap.

04-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Scoring is really good so far. If Spieth plays B-level golf he's going to get to -20.

Of course, if his putter deserts him or if he struggles with his irons a lot of guys could close the gap.

Any fan of golf should root against him today.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Any fan of golf should root against him today.

Runaway majors are terribly disappointing. If Phil isn't going to win, I'd just as soon prefer him to anyone else on the leaderboard, and certainly over that cokehead, philandering fuck Dustin Johnson.

04-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Tits will have a decent chance to get within 4.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-11-2015, 01:55 PM
In full speed Spieth always looks like he comes out of the shot.

TribalElder
04-11-2015, 01:56 PM
In full speed Spieth always looks like he comes out of the shot.

He is going to unravel

TribalElder
04-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Phillip in his pink arnie throwback

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-11-2015, 02:04 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL...

Tiger needs to get gif'd up for that one.