PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink What kind of Oranges are you peelin'

TribalElder
02-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Recently picked up a few pounds of halo clementines

They are soooooo kick ass

I enjoy cara cara from time to time but these clementines are perfect.

What strains are you currently peelin?

TimBone
02-07-2015, 11:26 PM
My co-worker has some bomb ass satsuma trees. Been on those since October.

Buehler445
02-07-2015, 11:27 PM
I'm rocking the halos also.

Simply Red
02-07-2015, 11:31 PM
I got off of them - I'm actually glad you created the thread - I truly love oranges - I mix up my shopping and forget sometimes what I buy and then skip said item several store trips - not sure why - anyhow - I like the seedless. Sometimes while in season you can get some with just mad flavor - good call on the thread. for sure!

Simply Red
02-07-2015, 11:32 PM
They'll really help the normalcy of your pooping habits too.

TribalElder
02-07-2015, 11:34 PM
A few of the oranges in my bag have just a bit of green on the peel.

They just shed their skin lol

Soooooo tasty

I am also interested in hearing about Apple strains to try. I ****s with the honeycrisps and Fuji sometimes but shy away from delicious reds mostly lol

lewdog
02-07-2015, 11:36 PM
I'm hoping I get some from our Orange tree for the first time this year. It looks about the size where we may get a few. Not sure what kind of orange tree it is as it was a wedding gift and showed up at our house one day. ROFL

Simply Red
02-07-2015, 11:37 PM

Soooooo tasty

I am also interested in hearing about Apple strains to try. I ****s with the honeycrisps and Fuji sometimes but why away from delicious reds mostly lol

Apples are no Oranges - let's face it.

TribalElder
I'm hoping I get some from our Orange tree for the first time this year. It looks about the size where we may get a few. Not sure what kind of orange tree it is as it was a wedding gift and showed up at our house one day. ROFL

That is awesome. I have a couple peach trees but they haven't put out yet lol

TribalElder

This is very true

In58men
02-07-2015, 11:51 PM
I had a strawberry parfait tonight, no oranges. I like a good orange, Costco has excellent oranges.

Simply Red
02-07-2015, 11:59 PM
I had a strawberry parfait tonight, no oranges. I like a good orange, Costco has excellent oranges.

This was a nice 'positive' post - you seem nice now.

In58men
02-08-2015, 12:00 AM
This was a nice 'positive' post - you seem nice now.

I wish I could have shared my parfait with one of you guys.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:04 AM
I wish I could have shared my parfait with one of you guys.

http://i.imgur.com/XaYNm3O.jpg

TribalElder
02-08-2015, 12:09 AM
I landed some odd strains last year.

Blood Oranges are a trip LMAO

thabear04
02-08-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm eating the rest of my Halos that I got donated for my wrestling team. There only like 6 left not that many.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-08-2015, 12:41 AM
Dude....good caras blow halos away

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:42 AM
I'm eating the rest of my Halos that I got donated for my wrestling team. There only like 6 left not that many.

Expect a clean break poop session tomorrow - here in about 12 hrs. Nice work bud!

TimBone
02-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Fucking blood oranges sound like theyre gonna be delicious, then they're just meh.

I had a small kumquat tree and a small tangerine tree that were growing nicely. The kumquat tree even produced a few. Then we had a freeze last winter while we were out of town. Killed them both.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:49 AM
****ing blood oranges sound like theyre gonna be delicious, then they're just meh.

I had a small kumquat tree and a small tangerine tree that were growing nicely. The kumquat tree even produced a few. Then we had a freeze last winter while we were out of town. Killed them both.

I'm still proud of your efforts. I'm glad you tried bud. You do well.

TimBone
02-08-2015, 12:49 AM
I always say I. I should be saying we. I am married. 50% of those trees belonged to my wife. Her 50% was probably the weak half that made them die.

TimBone
02-08-2015, 12:50 AM
I'm still proud of your efforts. I'm glad you tried bud. You do well.
WE do well. The wife helps.

I think we'll try again next year.

Thanks for the encouragement, friend.

Simply Red
02-08-2015, 12:54 AM
WE do well. The wife helps.

I think we'll try again next year.

Thanks for the encouragement, friend.

you both seem nice.

thabear04
02-08-2015, 01:44 AM
Anybody put Tajin on your oranges or any type of fruits.

Pepe Silvia
02-08-2015, 02:06 AM

I wish I had one right now. Strawberries are my fav.

Fire Me Boy!
02-08-2015, 05:32 AM
Clementines are great, as are blood oranges. I like to make preserved citrus, and the preserved blood oranges were awesome. May try clementines next.

Chief Roundup
02-08-2015, 07:41 AM
Currently have a basket full of Cuties. They are pretty good.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-08-2015, 07:52 AM

Soooooo tasty

I am also interested in hearing about Apple strains to try. I ****s with the honeycrisps and Fuji sometimes but shy away from delicious reds mostly lol

Honeycrisps are my absolute favorite. Golden delicious is right behind them however.

Chief Roundup
02-08-2015, 07:54 AM
I love me some fruit. I do struggle with the fruit we get in stores. I am thankful for varieties that were not around when I was young. 30 years ago there were really only two main varieties of apples, the Red and Yellow Delicious.
I grew up on a good sized ranch. We had 90 acres of apple trees, 30 acres that were mixed varieties of fruits, peaches, pears, plums, figs.
I was spoiled to fresh fruit. Still today those varieties of fruits that you can purchase in the store are a HUGE difference from what I always had as a kid growing up on the farm. Every day I had my choice of fresh apples, pears, peaches, and plums, never was a fan of the fig. Every single day I got to pick the ripest one off the tree.
When it wasn't around harvest time we had a cooler that we kept our fruit in to keep it all fresh and from spoiling.
When it came to pies, cobblers and such, if it was store bought or made from store bought fruit it was just bland and not the same flavor.
I am glad for the newer varieties, for I never had the pleasure of knowing what they were suppose to really taste like even though I know that those all are even that much better when they are completely ripened on the tree and fresh picked.
I can say the same things about Pecans, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, Chestnuts and a couple I can't even remember. Hmmm
Now that isn't even including the honey. We had several colonies surrounding our orchards.

Coochie liquor
02-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Not much tastier than going to the orange grove in season. Super fresh OJ.... A couple sips of that and you'll never get that store bought stuff again. Also good with a little vodka. And that fresh orange Sherbert they make there. Sweet baby Jesus, that stuff is so good!

lewdog
02-08-2015, 09:15 AM
I really think Blood Oranges are over-rated. They just don't appeal to me.

GloucesterChief
02-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Can't do oranges due to diabetes. I have to stick to berries and the occasional apple or pear.

Fire Me Boy!
02-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Not much tastier than going to the orange grove in season. Super fresh OJ.... A couple sips of that and you'll never get that store bought stuff again. Also good with a little vodka. And that fresh orange Sherbert they make there. Sweet baby Jesus, that stuff is so good!

At the Dole plantation in Honolulu they make fresh pineapple sherbet. It fucking amazing.

TribalElder
02-08-2015, 09:59 AM
I really think Blood Oranges are over-rated. They just don't appeal to me.

They look like raw meat

I do not enjoy either. Had to try them once though

Pasta Little Brioni
02-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Kimmay prefers blood oranges

Red Beans
02-08-2015, 10:44 AM

It's like comparing two different things. But what two? It's hard to think of some comparables....

J Diddy
02-08-2015, 10:53 AM
It's like comparing two different things. But what two? It's hard to think of some comparables....

It's like comparing Red Beans to Condaleezza Rice.

Red Beans
02-08-2015, 10:55 AM
It's like comparing Red Beans to Condaleezza Rice.

A delicious dish if you put them together.

J Diddy
02-08-2015, 10:56 AM
A delicious dish if you put them together.

I can't speak for you but I'd rail the shit out of condaleezza.

SAUTO
02-08-2015, 02:53 PM
That is awesome. I have a couple peach trees but they haven't put out yet lol

I have a couple peach trees right on me and the neighbors property line.

I always eat at least a few. This year will be the first year someone has lived there in 12years. So we will see how it goes.

Fire Me Boy!
02-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Anything that crossed the property line is yours. Eat up.

TimBone
02-08-2015, 02:58 PM
I have a couple peach trees right on me and the neighbors property line.

I always eat at least a few. This year will be the first year someone has lived there in 12years. So we will see how it goes.
Don't kick anybody's ass, Jason.

SAUTO
02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Anything that crossed the property line is yours. Eat up.

Lol the whole bunch of trees are straddling the line.

I just know how idiot people are. I own twice as many vehicles as these people and only have one in my driveway. They don't even live there yet and have seven in their yard.

Moving in one armload of clothes at a time.

Fun times.

SAUTO
02-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Don't kick anybody's ass, Jason.

Oh I don't think it will come anywhere near that.

They know all about me. I had issues with the guy who just sold the dump to them, at one time at least.

He gave them the heads up, first thing new dipshit told me.

Fire Me Boy!
02-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Lol the whole bunch of trees are straddling the line.

I just know how idiot people are. I own twice as many vehicles as these people and only have one in my driveway. They don't even live there yet and have seven in their yard.

Moving in one armload of clothes at a time.

Fun times.

What I'm saying is if it's on the line, both houses should just agree they're community peaches.

Or be proactive and make a claim to them. Go over and introduce yourself, point the trees out, and tell them they're welcome to a few peaches during the season. It'll make it seem like the trees are yours but you're graciously offering them some.

Or pee on the trees and yell, "MINE!"

TimBone
02-08-2015, 03:07 PM
What I'm saying is if it's on the line, both houses should just agree they're community peaches.

Or be proactive and make a claim to them. Go over and introduce yourself, point the trees out, and tell them they're welcome to a few peaches during the season. It'll make it seem like the trees are yours but you're graciously offering them some.

Ooh! I vote for option three!!

SAUTO
02-08-2015, 03:09 PM

Lol. The survey spikes are still there from years ago. I don't need to say a thing :thumb: and I never eat near as much as they produce so they are welcome to all I don't take lol.

I'll be sure to tell them when I'm done.

SAUTO
02-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Ooh! I vote for option three!!

They are about ten feet from the man cave outside door.

I'm sure they have been pissed on quite a bit, I would almost rather piss outside than in a toilet anymore lol