View Full Version : Chiefs Broncos Undecided On Bring Manning Back

Titty Meat
02-11-2015, 08:36 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25065646/report-broncos-undecided-on-bringing-peyton-manning-back-

According to a report from Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, the Denver Broncos are unsure whether they want to bring Peyton Manning back next season. "There's a big question here about whether the Broncos want to bring him back for one more year," Cole said.

Earlier in the offseason, the Denver Post reported that Manning wanted to receive medical evaluations on both his neck and thigh before deciding whether to continue his career. March 9 was the date the Broncos told Manning they'd like to know his plans by, as that's the final day the club can exercise their rights on veteran players under contract. Now, Manning is preparing to play next year, according to a report from the New Orleans Times-Picayune, and will begin working with fitness trainer Mackie Shillstone as early as next week.

However, according to Cole, "Peyton is going to have to take a physical before the end of this [league] year in order for his salary in 2015 to guarantee," and "at this point in his career, the Broncos could fail Peyton Manning for any reason, including the four neck surgeries that he's already had."

This is all well and good, but if Manning wants to play, it wouldn't make all that much sense for the Broncos to fail him on his physical. While Manning appeared worn down by the end of the year due to his thigh injury, he was wonderful for the first half of the season -- in Denver's first eight games, he completed 67.3 percent of his passes for 2,572 yards, 24 touchdowns and only five interceptions, good for a 112.0 passer rating. Even in the back half of the season, while playing with the thigh injury, he completed 64.9 percent of his passes for 2,155 yards and 15 touchdowns, and though he drew 10 interceptions, he still managed a 90.3 passer rating, which would still place in the top half of the league in most seasons. It's not like he was brutally ineffective.

Injuries happen, and he sustained one that clearly hobbled him in the second half of the season and the playoffs. He was sloppy and clearly not right physically in Denver's divisional round loss to the Indianapolis Colts, but he is still barely a year removed from one of the greatest quarterback seasons of all time. And again, when fully healthy in the first half of the season, he did the usual brilliant Peyton Manning things we've all gotten so used to him doing over the years.

Not only that, but the only other quarterback option on the roster is Brock Osweiler, who has thrown all of 30 passes in his career. The Broncos likely think highly of Osweiler, considering they spent a second-round pick on him in the 2012 draft, but there's been no indication they'd consider handing over the reins. At his end of year press conference, general manager John Elway said he believes Manning has one more year left in him, and both Elway and new coach Gary Kubiak have maintained that Manning can play, and play well in Kubiak's offensive system.

ModSocks
02-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Pretty sure this is a Q

**Edit**

Nvm, maybe not, but i think i read about it the other day.

Titty Meat
02-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Nah

ModSocks
02-11-2015, 08:42 PM
At first i was like, "Oh that's interesting", then i read it was from Bleacher Report....now im like, "uh huh, i'll believe it when i see it".

RealSNR
02-11-2015, 08:43 PM
https://whoism3.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/glue-factory-1.jpg

Simply Red
02-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Peyton Hillis > Peyton Manning, now. ROFL.

ModSocks
02-11-2015, 08:44 PM

LMAO

Simply Red
02-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Seriously anyone think KC now has the better QB now?!?!?!?!? WHERE MY PEOPLES!?!?!?!

TimBone
02-11-2015, 09:02 PM
Seriously anyone think KC now has the better QB now?!?!?!?!? WHERE MY PEOPLES!?!?!?!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Discuss Thrower
02-11-2015, 09:04 PM

Cuhhh-rist that is dark...

Mr. Laz
02-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Denver may have doubts but the minute they admit to them, Manning is insulted and gone.

I seriously doubt they would give Bleacher report any real information.

all just hearsay and guessing

Psyko Tek
02-11-2015, 09:13 PM
If denver and manning are smart and cheating assholes, the latter is true,
they will let brock play the first half of the season and bring the "recovered" Pey-pey back for the last half of the season

any bets peeps?

PunkinDrublic
02-11-2015, 09:16 PM

You ever use the my little pony brush to comb your pubes?

*Raises hand

cosmo20002
02-11-2015, 09:25 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25065646/report-broncos-undecided-on-bringing-peyton-manning-back-

According to a report from Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, the Denver Broncos are unsure whether they want to bring Peyton Manning back next season. "There's a big question here about whether the Broncos want to bring him back for one more year," Cole said.

Earlier in the offseason, the Denver Post reported that Manning wanted to receive medical evaluations on both his neck and thigh before deciding whether to continue his career. March 9 was the date the Broncos told Manning they'd like to know his plans by, as that's the final day the club can exercise their rights on veteran players under contract. Now, Manning is preparing to play next year, according to a report from the New Orleans Times-Picayune, and will begin working with fitness trainer Mackie Shillstone as early as next week.

However, according to Cole, "Peyton is going to have to take a physical before the end of this [league] year in order for his salary in 2015 to guarantee," and "at this point in his career, the Broncos could fail Peyton Manning for any reason, including the four neck surgeries that he's already had."

This part is BS and doesn't even make sense.

MMXcalibur
02-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Please, please, please let Denver sink so far into the depths that they envy Oakland's recent "success".

Simply Red
02-11-2015, 09:38 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Roundup
02-11-2015, 09:51 PM
This part is BS and doesn't even make sense.

We have all seen where a player gets released because he couldn't pass his physical, yet that player passes a physical for another team a month later.

Otter
02-11-2015, 09:52 PM
If denver and manning are smart and cheating assholes, the latter is true,
they will let brock play the first half of the season and bring the "recovered" Pey-pey back for the last half of the season

any bets peeps?

That's actually not a bad strategy assuming he doesn't get rusty sitting on the bench. Say what you want about Manning that guy knows how to read defenses and rip them apart when he's on his game.

The only good thing I can say is that the Broncos don't seem to be using his talent to develop a QB to take over the reigns. I'm still pissed at the Chiefs for not letting someone learn under Joe Montana then giving away draft picks for Trent and Elvis when they were available in the late rounds.

That was like taking the head cheerleader to the prom, discovering she's not wearing panties then kissing her on the cheek for the nightcap. Dumbasses!

:facepalm:

Otter
02-11-2015, 10:13 PM

All he needs to do now is actually throw the deep ball.

In58men
02-11-2015, 10:20 PM
This is offseason is going to be very tiresome. He's going drag this out and ESPN is going to be on his nuts, just like when he was choosing what team to pick.

"Manning spotted throwing with John Elway"

"Manning and Elway haven't discussed Peyton's situation"

"Close source to Manning told me he's still thinking about returning"

"John Elway unsure on the status of Manning"

"Peyton showing the rookie QBs how to take snaps today during the combine, is this a sign he's coming back"?

"Manning says he might or might not come back"

"Manning reportedly told John Elway to pick a number between 1-100 if he's 10 numbers apart he'll play"

Just Passin' By
02-11-2015, 10:28 PM

LMAO

Easy 6
02-11-2015, 10:50 PM
I seriously doubt they would give Bleacher report any real information

Sooo much this, no big time "insider" is passing SHIT along to some doofus from bleacher report... thats my biggest problem with those guys.

They too often let their people act like they're breaking some kind of news, instead of calling it what it is... bullshit speculation.

Atleast AA and AP rein that stuff in.

thabear04
02-11-2015, 11:06 PM

LMAO

CaliforniaChief
02-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Holy crap SNR that's phenomenal.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2015, 11:21 PM
If they bring him back they will get the second coming of 41-year old Favre.

Mile High Mania
02-11-2015, 11:24 PM
He'll be back one more year, they should sign Mallet as well.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2015, 11:31 PM

Heh, yea....Mallet is ready to break out any year now........

Perhaps by 2025 he will be ready.....

Scooter LaCanforno
02-12-2015, 05:05 AM
I'm sure 'Silly Putty Head' will play 2-3 more seasons.

Coochie liquor
02-12-2015, 05:13 AM
He'll be back one more year, they should sign Manziel as well.

Fyp

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-12-2015, 06:36 AM
Manning will leave the NFL on a stretcher.

FIN.

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2015, 08:32 AM

LOL Yes! Please sign Mallet.

Eleazar
02-12-2015, 09:10 AM
They will bring him back. This is all just posturing to get him to restructure. His cap number for this year would be like $21 million, and all that money Denver spent last offseason basically came to naught. You can't win a title that way.

Coochie liquor
02-12-2015, 09:28 AM
They need to cut that dinosaur, and lock Assweiler up with a 5 year 125 mil contract.

BossChief
02-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Watch them move up to take Winston while Manning goes 1 more year.

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Watch them move up to take Winston while Manning goes 1 more year.

Winston is a dumbass. I hope they do.

I'm more worried about them getting Mariota.

Mile High Mania
02-12-2015, 10:13 AM
I say sign Mallet simply because he should be cheap and I'd be interested in what he could do with Kubiak's offense, should Manning not be around. Mallet is by no means the 'next big thing', but he's worth the minimal investment.

I think Manning returns for one final year...

Needs 300+ passing yards to surpass 70k
20 TDs away from 550
7 wins away from surpassing Favre for most of all time

Handful of personal stats he'd love to secure, I'm sure. And, despite the last two playoff finishes - they're still not that far away quite honestly from being in the mix again for this next season. So, why not return.

Mile High Mania
02-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Winston is a dumbass. I hope they do.

I'm more worried about them getting Mariota.

Friggin impossible for that... not convinced he's the next big thing either, and I can't stand Winston.

BossChief
02-12-2015, 10:15 AM
I'd rather they draft Mariota. I think he is very overhyped and will need to learn how to run an offense in the pros from almost the ground up.

I loathe the idea of Elway working with Winston.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2015, 10:22 AM
LOL Yes! Please sign Mallet.

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2015, 10:24 AM
I say sign Mallet simply because he should be cheap and I'd be interested in what he could do with Kubiak's offense, should Manning not be around. Mallet is by no means the 'next big thing', but he's worth the minimal investment.

20 TDs away from 550

Handful of personal stats he'd love to secure, I'm sure. And, despite the last two playoff finishes - they're still not that far away quite honestly from being in the mix again for this next season. So, why not return.

this is exactly why he'll will be back next year for the Broncos or someone else

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2015, 10:25 AM
I'd rather they draft Mariota. I think he is very overhyped and will need to learn how to run an offense in the pros from almost the ground up.

I'm glad to see more people realizing this.

BossChief
02-12-2015, 10:40 AM
I'm glad to see more people realizing this.

Of the games I watched, I saw a guy that didn't have to do the things he would need to do in the nfl. Drops, progressions, presnap adjustments, throwing into windows, firing the back shoulder pass, etc.

I saw a guy that threw to wide open guys, ran too much, wasn't patient and seemed to be a college system QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Of the games I watched, I saw a guy that didn't have to do the things he would need to do in the nfl. Drops, progressions, presnap adjustments, throwing into windows, firing the back shoulder pass, etc.

I saw a guy that threw to wide open guys, ran too much, wasn't patient and seemed to be a college system QB.

As a Husky fan and PAC 12 guy, I've been seeing those things from him for years. Welcome to enlightenment. He's the next Akili Smith.

BossChief
02-12-2015, 10:51 AM
As a Husky fan and PAC 12 guy, I've been seeing those things from him for years. Welcome to enlightenment. He's the next Akili Smith.

I think he CAN be a good QB, but I liked Tannehill more tbh.

Now, if a guy like Winston lands in Denver, that's trouble.

I think he is Rothlisberger.

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2015, 11:42 AM

Mariota seems to be infinitely smarter than Winston. That's huge at this level, you know that.

You can't fix stupid.

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Now, if a guy like Winston lands in Denver, that's trouble.

I think he is Rothlisberger.No way.

Mile High Mania
02-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Could be wrong, but I don't think Winston is mentally suited for leading a team at this level. You can have all the skills in the world, but a ten cent brain is the great equalizer. Probably better off trying to win with Hoyer.

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Could be wrong, but I don't think Winston is mentally suited for leading a team at this level. You can have all the skills in the world, but a ten cent brain is the great equalizer. Probably better off trying to win with Hoyer.

This

GoChargers
02-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Mariota seems to be infinitely smarter than Winston. That's huge at this level, you know that.

You can't fix stupid.

Winston has a high football IQ, he's just immature off the field.

Mariota is nothing but a gimmick. The media is just riding his nuts because they need a hero to Winston's villain.

notorious
02-12-2015, 12:07 PM
I would be terrified if Winston ended up in Denver.

JD10367
02-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Can't wait to watch what happens here when Denver releases Peyton... and he signs with the Chiefs.

Sorter
02-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Can't wait to watch what happens here when Denver releases Peyton... and he signs with the Chiefs.

I would be excited.

MotherfuckerJones
02-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Ya and bench Alex Smith and his contract?

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2015, 03:37 PM
I would be terrified if Winston ended up in Denver.

I would not. He's a full-on dipshit.

Just Passin' By
02-12-2015, 03:40 PM
I would be excited, until he went one-and-done yet again.

Fixed

Pasta Little Brioni
02-12-2015, 06:03 PM
my team is a cheating fraud

Fixed

Just Passin' By
02-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Damn, I'm a bitter, pathetic fan

Fixed

Wanna keep playing this game?

ILChief
02-12-2015, 06:28 PM

20 TDs away from 550

I agree. Manning is motivated by money and stats

MahiMike
02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Please bring him back.

Mile High Mania
02-13-2015, 07:18 AM
Whatever happens will happen, and the speculation will end soon. A few of my friends are convinced he's retiring. Maybe he does... if so, on to the next chapter.

Sorter
02-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Fixed

Well, that does put a bit of a damper on things.

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2015, 07:35 AM
Winston has a high football IQ, he's just immature off the field.

Mariota is nothing but a gimmick. The media is just riding his nuts because they need a hero to Winston's villain.

Winston looks like he could be another to Josh Gordon. Talent wasted on stupidity.

ping2000
02-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Manning will restructure. His contract for next season will be for five dollars and the cheating Donks will pay him under the table. Business as usual.

MotherfuckerJones
02-13-2015, 07:49 AM
Manning is coming back. I'd be shocked honestly.

notorious
02-13-2015, 07:53 AM
He's coming back.

Don't kid yourself.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2015, 07:58 AM
With all those stats within his reach? He's playing at least one more year.

notorious
02-13-2015, 08:00 AM
With all those stats within his reach? He's playing at least one more year.

Which is awesome because that is what he will be remembered for.

Coochie liquor
02-13-2015, 08:03 AM
Hootie is on the horn with his people now. Just one more year to show these fools I was right all along.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2015, 08:09 AM
I wonder what exciting and innovative new cheating schemes the NFL and Donkey-Boy will implement this coming season?

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 08:24 AM
He is all about those records. Not a team guy at all. He will be back for one more one and done.

O.city
02-13-2015, 08:47 AM
i bet he restructures so they can resign the Thomas es and Knighton etc.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 08:57 AM
They are stuck with this soft squad they have now. They may just want to move on.

Mile High Mania
02-13-2015, 09:27 AM
He is all about those records. Not a team guy at all. He will be back for one more one and done.

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 09:30 AM
Why are fans so delusional when it comes to their own team?

Chiefshrink
02-13-2015, 09:30 AM
No, it's Elway sweating bullets that Peyton does come back:thumb:

BossChief
02-13-2015, 09:39 AM
i bet he restructures so they can resign the Thomas es and Knighton etc.

I doubt very highly the broncos do that.

Kman34
02-13-2015, 09:40 AM
I wonder what exciting and innovative new cheating schemes the NFL and Donkey-Boy will implement this coming season?

DBs will not be allowed within 5 yards of a receiver until they catch the ball... then and only then, they will be allowed to defend and tackle the WR. Any DB caught within 5 yards of a WR is a spot foul and automatic ejection from the game...
This new rule is called the Non Man on Manning

BossChief
02-13-2015, 09:41 AM

Lol

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Peyton Ning!

suzzer99
02-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Please bring him back.

Why would we want that? He'll still win the division and stomp our asses twice.

Coochie liquor
02-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Yeah cuz he's ready to start the Assweiler era??

Mile High Mania
02-13-2015, 09:49 AM
I don't see Denver resigning Julius ... he's a nice to have considering the time he misses. JT has missed 8 starts the last 2 seasons, strong out of the gate, but then he's hurt.

Let that $ be spent elsewhere and find another TE. Welker is out too, they can spend that $3M on another younger weapon.

Plenty of others to focus on resigning.

Mile High Mania
02-13-2015, 09:51 AM
Why are fans so delusional when it comes to their own team?

Call it whatever you like. Manning is very demanding of those around him and it is 'his team' as the QB that can do what he does consistently. Referring to him as simply a 'me me' player and not a team guy is silly.

Kman34
02-13-2015, 09:51 AM
I don't see Denver resigning Julius ... he's a nice to have considering the time he misses. JT has missed 8 starts the last 2 seasons, strong out of the gate, but then he's hurt.

Let that $ be spent elsewhere and find another TE. Welker is out too, they can spend that $3M on another younger weapon.

Plenty of others to focus on resigning.

Ok...bring him in ( Julius ) for a look...

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Lol

Collect those regular season stats puss out in the postseason whilst crying about changing rules or throwing team mates under the bus. It's what he does.

Mile High Mania
02-13-2015, 09:54 AM
Collect those regular season stats puss out in the postseason. It's what he does.

The entire team fell apart in the SB and played soft as hell vs the Colts - that has a lot to do with coaching and preparation too, which is why they overhauled the whole thing.

Honestly, I'm fine either way with Manning returning or not - it's either focusing on the next chapter now or in 2 years. I'm not fine with Brock as the guy, so they'll need to have that plan B ready. Can a younger, mobile QB that isn't as stats flashy be a dominant winner? I think so. We'll see what happens.

Kman34
02-13-2015, 09:55 AM
Collect those regular season stats puss out in the postseason whilst crying about changing rules or throwing team mates under the bus. It's what he does.

And sell Pizza...Don't forget about the Pizza. :thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Brock Assweiler a dominant winner? Holy mother of god.

Mile High Mania
02-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Brock Assweiler a dominant winner? Holy mother of god.

You don't read too well.

Mile High Mania
02-13-2015, 10:10 AM
Ok...bring him in ( Julius ) for a look...

I could see the Raiders making a big play for JT. Maybe a team like the Panthers... he'll certainly receive interest.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 10:12 AM
You don't read too well.

So you are talking about some imaginary guy your team hasn't acquired yet. Alrighty then.

Mile High Mania
02-13-2015, 10:35 AM
So you are talking about some imaginary guy your team hasn't acquired yet. Alrighty then.

Yeah, so I said "I'm not fine with Brock" and mentioned they should be ready with a Plan B.

The Franchise
02-13-2015, 10:40 AM
Broncos are stuck between a rock and a hard place no matter what they do.

Isn't Osweiler's contract up after this next season? If Manning stays another year.....then they'll never really know what they have in Osweiler (barring a Manning injury) and he'll end up leaving....or they'll have to re-sign him and hope that he's ready to be a starter.

If Manning leaves....then they basically get one year of Osweiler and then they'll have to determine based off of one season whether or not he's their future starter. At least in this scenario....if they suck and get a high enough draft pick....they can use it on a QB.

Coochie liquor
02-13-2015, 11:10 AM
I could see the Raiders making a big play for JT. Maybe a team like the Panthers... he'll certainly receive interest.

How much is his talent, and how much is Peyton?

Just Passin' By
02-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Well, that does put a bit of a damper on things.

LMAO

He has to go one-and-done. It's the only poetic way for his career to end.

O.city
02-13-2015, 11:31 AM
I doubt very highly the broncos do that.

Why?

Mile High Mania
02-13-2015, 12:09 PM
How much is his talent, and how much is Peyton?

They has solid skills and is a massive target, he's not completely a product of Manning.

The Franchise
02-13-2015, 12:11 PM
They has solid skills and is a massive target, he's not completely a product of Manning.

Dude just can't stay healthy.

BossChief
02-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Why?

Restructuring makes his base a bonus and pushes that money to future years.

I can't see Denver wanting to eat 20m when they cut him next year and that whole restructuring bonus accelerates to their cap.

O.city
02-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Restructuring makes his base a bonus and pushes that money to future years.

I can't see Denver wanting to eat 20m when they cut him next year and that whole restructuring bonus accelerates to their cap.

If he's going to come bacl, it's next year or bust for them anyway.

BossChief
02-13-2015, 12:26 PM
I guess PM is gonna have his neck checked out (for his end of year physical) in the next week and that will influence his decision. I doubt they will restructure, but maybe they cut him and then re-sign him to a cheaper deal...but I can't see Peyton doing that.

MahiMike
02-13-2015, 01:00 PM

Depends on the schedule. He maxed out at 10 games this year. Age-wise he'll be lucky to get 8. Besides, I want to beat him. We came extremely close the last 2 years.

I want his career to end in KC, leaving on a stretcher.

BossChief
02-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Depends on the schedule. He maxed out at 10 games this year. Age-wise he'll be lucky to get 8. Besides, I want to beat him. We came extremely close the last 2 years.

GTFO

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2015, 02:08 PM

Stomp?

That didn't happen this season. Yes, we lost both games, but that had far more to do with the Chiefs shitty offense.

ping2000
02-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Hopefully they make the wrong decision. Fuck Denver and fuck the Broncos.

TEX
02-13-2015, 04:07 PM

:clap:

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Espn reporting he is ready for next year...up to Smelway at this point.

ping2000
02-13-2015, 05:35 PM
Fuck you Fivehead.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2015, 05:49 PM
Manning:

The Tony Gonzales of QB's.

DaneMcCloud
02-13-2015, 05:52 PM
My guess is that Elway and Manning will agree to part ways with Elway and Kubiak get a fresh start with a QB of their choosing

I wouldn't be surprised to see Manning sign a one year deal with an option for a second year with the Rams.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Espn reporting he is ready for next year...up to Smelway at this point.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manning still has his physical to pass and his $19 million base salary becomes guaranteed if he&#39;s on the roster on March 9.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/566386204955144192">February 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2015, 06:03 PM
My guess is that Elway and Manning will agree to part ways with Elway and Kubiak get a fresh start with a QB of their choosing

I wouldn't be surprised to see Manning sign a one year deal with an option for a second year with the Rams.

If that transpires, John Elway IMMEDIATELY becomes the fastest-moving, no compromise GM in the AFC, maybe even the whole NFL.

People keep hoping it will crash down around him, but I don't see it.

Like it or lump it, Denver is going to be ahead of the curve for a good, long while.

penbrook
02-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Well Manning is returning. That's 2 wins right there for the Chiefs

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 06:12 PM
If that transpires, John Elway IMMEDIATELY becomes the fastest-moving, no compromise GM in the AFC, maybe even the whole NFL.

Like it or lump it, Denver is going to be ahead of the curve for a good, long while.

ROFL Dude runs his team like a 14 year old Madden balla

-King-
02-13-2015, 06:27 PM

No his moves totally work out. Him adding Ware, Talib, and Ward was just genius. That defense was so great that the DC got fired!
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Coaching staff took the fall for his incompetence

TimBone
02-13-2015, 07:13 PM

This is bogus. Lets see him operate for a few years without a HOF QB before we annoint him best GM ever.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2015, 07:38 PM

And that 14 year-old wouldn't have signed Smith and tagged Houston, because even a 14 year-old plays chess better than that.

-King-
02-13-2015, 08:16 PM
And that 14 year-old wouldn't have signed Smith and tagged Houston, because even a 14 year-old plays chess better than that.

Tell me, what incentive did Houston have to sign a long term deal last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

penguinz
02-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Well Manning is returning. That's 2 wins right there for the Chiefs

Front runner for dumbass post of the year.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2015, 08:43 PM
Front runner for dumbass post of the year.

It's up there with Prison Bumbi and Pissing By gems

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

His stock was, and still is high?

-King-
02-13-2015, 10:14 PM
His stock was, and still is high?

So what you're saying is that after an 11 sack season where he got injured and was still not done with his contract, you would have advised him to sign a long term deal if you were his agent? You realize how stupid that is?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2015, 10:15 PM
So what you're saying is that after an 11 sack season where he got injured and was still not done with his contract, you would have advised him to sign a long term deal if you were his agent? You realize how stupid that is?
Posted via Mobile Device

Was he not throwing dice in 2014? WTF does 2013 have to do with anything?

-King-
02-13-2015, 10:23 PM
Was he not throwing dice in 2014? WTF does 2013 have to do with anything?

Because in 2013 the Chiefs literally had all the leverage. He had none. There was NO reason for him to sign a long term deal last year. So no its stupid to say Dorsey messed up by not signing him or anything like that. It doesn't matter how much Dorsey wanted to sign him, any smart agent would have told Houston to hold off until this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
02-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Houston is gonna want to wait and see what Suh, Hardy and the other top level pass rushers get.

ThaVirus
02-14-2015, 01:19 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

We've already been over this. You keep saying he had absolutely no reason to sign a deal early but he did, like any other up and coming player.

He had just come off a season in which he missed 7 games. Who's to say he wouldn't have had another serious injury this season and seriously hurt his contract hopes?

Signing early also would have meant he'd see a significant increase in his pay last year and this year when he was making like $1 million or less.

Obviously he bet on himself and it worked out perfectly, but he didn't know that would be the case beforehand.

-King-
02-14-2015, 03:10 AM
We've already been over this. You keep saying he had absolutely no reason to sign a deal early but he did, like any other up and coming player.

He had just come off a season in which he missed 7 games. Who's to say he wouldn't have had another serious injury this season and seriously hurt his contract hopes?

Signing early also would have meant he'd see a significant increase in his pay last year and this year when he was making like $1 million or less.

Obviously he bet on himself and it worked out perfectly, but he didn't know that would be the case beforehand.

The injury thing can literally apply to every player in the league. Every player should sign a year before they hit Free agency just in case they get injured the next year right?

And he was going to get a significant raise any way. If he only got 12-15 sacks this year, he was going to get a significant raise. Especially since because he's a free agent, there are essentially 32 teams that are bidding on him instead of just the Chiefs last year.

So no, signing early just in case of injury is a dumb strategy to have if you're an agent. Every deal would be a team friendly deal in that case.

Molitoth
02-14-2015, 07:19 AM
Haha, Chiefs already playing for the wild card.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 07:29 AM
Houston is gonna want to wait and see what Suh, Hardy and the other top level pass rushers get.

Maybe not. He already knows what Watt is making. I'm not saying he thinks he'll get that contract, but I'm sure he thinks he should get something in the neighborhood.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 07:34 AM

If Peyton doesn't sign in Denver, Elway looks like an average GM. He also doesn't sign all of those FAs a year ago. They all signed because of Peyton. Period.

Oh, and Von Miller was a no-brainer pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 08:06 AM
If Peyton doesn't sign in Denver, Elway looks like an average GM. He also doesn't sign all of those FAs a year ago. They all signed because of Peyton. Period.

Oh, and Von Miller was a no-brainer pick.

Elway completed the 5-year plan.

Ahem...Lil' Chiefy? Paging Lil' Chiefy...

Chief Roundup
02-14-2015, 08:43 AM

Those guys play different positions. Their contracts should have very very little if any implications toward the contract Houston will sign.
That is like saying that a S should be able to improve his contract because of what a CB received.

Chief Roundup
02-14-2015, 08:45 AM
Man why don't you go over to the Mane and suck some Denver dick over there. Chiefs fans don't praise their premiere rival and show the support that you do for them while downing everything that the Chiefs have done or tried.

O.city
02-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Those guys play different positions. Their contracts should have very very little if any implications toward the contract Houston will sign.
That is like saying that a S should be able to improve his contract because of what a CB received.

So watts shouldn't either? Only olb?

That's pretty naive thinking

Al Bundy
02-14-2015, 09:29 AM

They are pass rushers... they will get right around the same contract.

ping2000
02-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Too many posts without Fuck Denver.

Warrior5
02-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Too many posts without **** Denver.

Exactly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 09:56 AM
Man why don't you go over to the Mane and suck some Denver dick over there. Chiefs fans don't praise their premiere rival and show the support that you do for them while downing everything that the Chiefs have done or tried.

Too many posts without Fuck Denver.

Exactly.

hahahahahah

Franchise QB's and championship appearances get respect.

Conversely, bullshit contracts to game-managers and "7/9 feelin' fine" get you Lil' Chiefy.

That's the reality, motherfuckers. Deal with it. Take that "sis-boom-bah"-shit, and shove it right up your puckered asshole.

stumppy
02-14-2015, 10:47 AM
That's the reality, motherfuckers. Deal with it. Take that "sis-boom-bah"-shit, and shove it right up your puckered asshole.
:hmmm:
Theres a bit of a difference between blind homerism and telling your rival to 'Suck on the snotty end of my fuckstick'.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 10:50 AM
:hmmm:
Theres a bit of a difference between blind homerism and telling your rival to 'Suck on the snotty end of my fuckstick'.

LMAO

ThaVirus
02-14-2015, 12:20 PM
The injury thing can literally apply to every player in the league. Every player should sign a year before they hit Free agency just in case they get injured the next year right?

And he was going to get a significant raise any way. If he only got 12-15 sacks this year, he was going to get a significant raise. Especially since because he's a free agent, there are essentially 32 teams that are bidding on him instead of just the Chiefs last year.

So no, signing early just in case of injury is a dumb strategy to have if you're an agent. Every deal would be a team friendly deal in that case.

You've really got to give this some thought. I'M NOT ARGUING THAT HOUSTON OR EVERY OTHER PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY SHOULD SIGN A DEAL EARLY.

I'm saying that every player in the league in this situation DOES HAVE SOME INCENTIVE TO DO SO for the reasons I mentioned.

The player could have a down year, they could get injured, and signing a deal a year or two early would ensure that they get paid a more appropriate wage for the last year or two of their original contract as opposed to playing for peanuts in hopes of a mega contract.

-King-
02-14-2015, 01:36 PM
You've really got to give this some thought. I'M NOT ARGUING THAT HOUSTON OR EVERY OTHER PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY SHOULD SIGN A DEAL EARLY.

I'm saying that every player in the league in this situation DOES HAVE SOME INCENTIVE TO DO SO for the reasons I mentioned.

The player could have a down year, they could get injured, and signing a deal a year or two early would ensure that they get paid a more appropriate wage for the last year or two of their original contract as opposed to playing for peanuts in hopes of a mega contract.

So you agree that if he signed last year, he would have had to sign an absolutely team friendly deal right? Barring a catastrophic injury, he had nothing to lose by playing without a deal in 2014. He could have had 11 sacks and been out for a few games and still have signed for as much or more than if he would have signed after 2013.

Chief Roundup
02-14-2015, 02:01 PM
They are pass rushers... they will get right around the same contract.
There are not going to be much differences between the top players around the league.
So watts shouldn't either? Only olb?

That's pretty naive thinking

Only OLB is probably to strong, the most comparable would probably be the DE in the 4-3 scheme.
But a LB is not and should not get paid the same as a DE and so on. A Safety shouldn't get paid the same as a CB. That is based on same level of talent per position.
The contracts that top pass rushing DE get should be used to let you know when you are starting to over pay for an OLB.

ThaVirus
02-14-2015, 02:33 PM
So you agree that if he signed last year, he would have had to sign an absolutely team friendly deal right? Barring a catastrophic injury, he had nothing to lose by playing without a deal in 2014. He could have had 11 sacks and been out for a few games and still have signed for as much or more than if he would have signed after 2013.

I can see you're going to drag this out as long as possible..

There is incentive for players to sign contracts before their current deal expires.

JJ Watt just signed an extension before his contract expired. Robert Quinn just signed an extension before his contract expired. Alex Smith just signed an extension before his contract expired. Jamaal Charles just signed an extension before his contract expired.

Valiant
02-14-2015, 04:16 PM

where is the Chiefs version?

-King-
02-14-2015, 04:31 PM
I can see you're going to drag this out as long as possible..

There is incentive for players to sign contracts before their current deal expires.

JJ Watt just signed an extension before his contract expired. Robert Quinn just signed an extension before his contract expired. Alex Smith just signed an extension before his contract expired. Jamaal Charles just signed an extension before his contract expired.

Quinn and Charles both got team friendly deals. Watt signed the biggest contract in NFL history for a defensive player. Smith is 30 years old.

The latter 2 situations couldn't have happened for Houston. The first two were more likely. If he signed in 2013, he would have likely signed for that type of team friendly contract that Quinn and Charles got. You don't think the Rams FO are sucking their own dicks at how good a contract they have Quinn for?

The best leverage a player can have is options to go elsewhere. That's what Houston has right now and what Quinn and Charles didn't have when they signed.

beach tribe
02-14-2015, 04:37 PM
There are not going to be much differences between the top players around the league.

Only OLB is probably to strong, the most comparable would probably be the DE in the 4-3 scheme.
But a LB is not and should not get paid the same as a DE and so on. A Safety shouldn't get paid the same as a CB. That is based on same level of talent per position.
The contracts that top pass rushing DE get should be used to let you know when you are starting to over pay for an OLB.

I disagree.
3-4 OLB And 4-3 DE should be paid the same.
JMO, but pass rushers are pass rushers.
I would actually go so far as to say an elite, rounded 3-4 OLB is more valuable to a team. ILB in the 4-3 and the 3-4 should not be in the same FT bracket as pass rushing OLBs.

jerryforeverrice80
02-14-2015, 04:39 PM
where is the Chiefs version?

it took the guy almost 10yrs to throw all those deep balls.

-King-
02-14-2015, 04:55 PM
it took the guy almost 10yrs to throw all those deep balls.

He would have connected more if he had guys playing with stickum on their hands.

ping2000
02-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Time to get this thread back on track again. Fuck Denver.

Chief Roundup
02-14-2015, 08:14 PM
I disagree.
I would actually go so far as to say an elite, rounded 3-4 OLB is more valuable to a team. ILB in the 4-3 and the 3-4 should not be in the same FT bracket as pass rushing OLBs.

I didn't and wouldn't say that a 3-4 ILB should get paid near what the OLB pass rusher gets paid.

Sorter
02-15-2015, 01:06 AM
I disagree.

Pretty much this.