PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs From looking at this video, I'm pretty sure DJ will be just fine in 2015

RealSNR
02-12-2015, 08:04 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/11/8017943/video-derrick-johnson-sure-looks-like-hes-recovering-from-his-injury

Hammock Parties
02-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Another great Chiefs career, flushed.

wazu
02-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Nice! Wasn't expecting to see this. I actually figured he was probably done. Reminds me of when Priest Holmes released that training video.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Rocky had several of those.

TribalElder
02-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Photoshopped lol

tecumseh
02-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Gamer, make it happen.

ThaVirus
02-12-2015, 09:02 PM
I've always felt that DJ has an everyman type of body. He's got a bit of a gut.

Simply Red
02-12-2015, 09:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BgQouqE.gif

Simply Red
02-12-2015, 09:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCrockaholic
02-12-2015, 09:08 PM
I have NO doubt DJ can make a great comeback and be exactly what he was before. But any judgement made from this video is silly.

It'd be like saying Dontari Poe could play for the Pistons because he made that sweet 3 pointer.

Simply Red
02-12-2015, 09:18 PM
I have NO doubt DJ can make a great comeback and be exactly what he was before. But any judgement made from this video is silly.

It'd be like saying Dontari Poe could play for the Pistons because he made that sweet 3 pointer.

you see this yet?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
02-12-2015, 09:20 PM

DJ doing this stuff in February is a pretty damn good sign. He has plenty of time to build his strength back, and doesn't need to rush his progress at all.

Simply Red
02-12-2015, 09:22 PM
DJ doing this stuff in February is a pretty damn good sign. He has plenty of time to build his strength back, and doesn't need to rush his progress at all.

Did you notice the background samples in Clutch Gene's video? I like it when he says: 'Damaga' - it's like Alex is a weapon, it makes me feel good about our
quarterback of the future - Mr. A. Smith!!

Simply Red
02-12-2015, 09:24 PM
1:21 mark. 'Damaga!'

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-12-2015, 09:25 PM
I refuse to watch that piece of shit. I had to endure 33 games of that bullshit.

KCrockaholic
02-12-2015, 09:25 PM

It's about what I'd expect to see. It's been 5 months.

KCrockaholic
02-12-2015, 09:26 PM
I refuse to watch that piece of shit. I had to endure 33 games of that bullshit.

31 or nah?

RealSNR
02-12-2015, 09:29 PM

Keep in mind that I'm not a rocket surgeon, so this looks like good progress to me

Discuss Thrower
02-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Body like Tarzan, leadership of Jane.

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2015, 07:25 AM
I have NO doubt DJ can make a great comeback and be exactly what he was before. But any judgement made from this video is silly.What was even more silly, is dipshits saying he was done after the injury...

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2015, 07:28 AM

Do you hate DJ, or something?

What's with the zero optimism?

Pull the stick out of your ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2015, 08:06 AM
What was even more silly, is dipshits saying he was done after the injury...

LMAO

Yeah, because, you know, he's played a few downs already and a legit assessment can be made from some training video highlights!

By this standard, Sylvester Stallone is the greatest boxer EVAH!

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/61yKkQJSZVk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

O.city
02-13-2015, 08:48 AM
He'll be back. We still should invest in the position thisboffseason

saphojunkie
02-13-2015, 12:21 PM
LMAO

Yeah, because, you know, he's played a few downs already and a legit assessment can be made from some training video highlights!

By this standard, Sylvester Stallone is the greatest boxer EVAH!

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/61yKkQJSZVk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Rocky footage with Karate Kid music. Video fail.

Titty Meat
02-13-2015, 12:23 PM
And when we go crashing down
We comeback everytime
Because we never go out of style

penbrook
02-13-2015, 12:33 PM

This!! People were saying that since he's 33 and coming back from a achilles injury he won't be the same. DJ is the heart and soul of that defense he will be back better than ever. There is no stopping DJ. He will set the all time Chiefs record in tackles and I bet even a pro bowl next year

BossChief
02-13-2015, 12:42 PM
DJ isn't the heart and soul of the defense.

He is a really good ILB, but he is a follower, not a leader.

The heart and soul of this defense was DEFINETLY Tba Hali and that torch has been passed to Justin Houston.

Titty Meat
02-13-2015, 12:48 PM
An achilles is a bad injury folks. Other than Suggs I can't think of a guy who's came back from it and been a good player.

Lzen
02-13-2015, 01:06 PM
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0mJZB2v-og" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

The one noticeable thing in that video is that he usually has at least 3-4 seconds to throw the ball and/or his receivers are able to get open down field. He has had very little of that with the Chiefs.

BossChief
02-13-2015, 01:09 PM
If they want to cut an ILB to save cap dollars, cut Joe Mays to save 4m.

DJ needs to stay and Dorsey needs to draft his replacement early in the draft and try to fill the other spot with a free agent or another draft pick.

DJ and Hali are 2 guys I think the defense needs to keep around (even as their skills erode) because they have a wealth of knowledge in regards to how the position is to be played and what it takes to be a pro.

I'd ask Hali to take a pay cut (which I've been saying for months that he is willing to do and he has since publicly stated) and would ask DJ to extend his deal to lessen his cap hit and keep him around an additional year...but I'd do so while trying my absolute best to make both players know how much they mean to the organization.

ModSocks
02-13-2015, 01:40 PM
An achilles is a bad injury folks. Other than Suggs I can't think of a guy who's came back from it and been a good player.

Vince Wilfork.

Hootie
02-13-2015, 01:45 PM
You'd be amazed what "deer antler spray" does to the body bro

RealSNR
02-13-2015, 01:49 PM
Kimble Anders

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2015, 02:45 PM

Stick to ass-licking threads...

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2015, 02:49 PM

The heart and soul of this defense was DEFINETLY Tba Hali and that torch has been passed to Justin Houston.

Yeah, he's a bum. Cut him.

Mr. Laz
02-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Just as well

we don't want Dorsey overloaded with anything else.

He is struggling already.

Mr. Laz
02-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Vince Wilfork.

Wilfork isn't the same anymore

is it age,the injury or both?

temper11
02-13-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm not a doctor either, just know that these injuries are historically hard to come back from.

That being said, training video or no, that was encouraging to watch. I was just looking for updates on his rehab so this came at a good time. I hope he is one of the exceptions.

IowaChiefs83
02-13-2015, 04:53 PM

:stupid:

Easy 6
02-13-2015, 06:07 PM

I reject that assertion, this video doesnt equal evidence of anything by itself.

This guy has fought for this team from day 1, we've watched him go from "omg what a bust" to "omg we LOVE YA DJ" and I hope like hell it all works out, but to say that a guy at his age, recovering from an injury like that may not be the same... is only common sense.

milkman
02-14-2015, 05:19 PM

You are a dumbass.

BossChief
02-14-2015, 06:21 PM

:facepalm:

Derrick isn't a leader, but he is a great middle linebacker. He is good against the run and is tremendous in coverage while offering a presence as a pass rusher on occasion.

If a defense loses it's "heart and soul" it doesn't improve like the Chiefs defense did.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 06:31 PM
You are a dumbass.

Thank you, sir.

You seem nice.

Cheater5
02-14-2015, 06:46 PM

Our opinions are polar opposite; I do not think Tamba is a leader... At all. Sets a great example, works hard, but not the leader of the defense. I truly believe DJ has been the center of gravity for our defense for several years.

O.city
02-14-2015, 07:10 PM
Houston is the defensive leader now

milkman
02-14-2015, 07:17 PM
There are no real leaders on this defense.

Brock
02-14-2015, 07:18 PM
In March 2010, four orthopedic*doctors*at Duke University published a study that reviewed the careers of NFL players after suffering a ruptured Achilles tendon between 1997 and 2002. The doctors concluded that only about two-thirds of players returned to the field.

Of the 31 players who tore their Achilles tendons, 21 came back at an average of 11 months after the injury. Those players saw a decrease in the number of games they played and a dip in production in the three seasons after their return.

better not count on it

Brock
02-14-2015, 07:19 PM

That's the truth.

O.city
02-14-2015, 07:26 PM
I think it was pretty obvious as the season wore on that Houston became much more vocal and showed more leadership.

Of course maybe that was to get paid. Dunno.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 07:26 PM

Thank you.

milkman
02-14-2015, 07:39 PM
I think it was pretty obvious as the season wore on that Houston became much more vocal and showed more leadership.

Of course maybe that was to get paid. Dunno.

I think it's pretty obvious that you were imagining things.

O.city
02-14-2015, 07:43 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that you were imagining things.

All the video footage of the defense had Houston always being the vocal guy.

Don't really know how one could imagine that

staylor26
02-14-2015, 07:47 PM

You are a f***** idiot. You try real hard to come off as objective and not like the other haters, but you aren't whatsoever.

milkman
02-14-2015, 07:49 PM
You are a f***** idiot.

You just keep dreaming that dream.

staylor26
02-14-2015, 07:51 PM
You just keep dreaming that dream.

Tamba Hali isn't a real leader? Eric Berry wasn't a real leader? Justin Houston hasn't become the leader of this defense? I'm sorry, but if you say no to any of those questions you're in fact an idiot. Funny considering how much you throw that word around like you can spot em from a mile away.

O.city
02-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Are we wanting a rahrah like ray lewis to be the defensive leader?

what evidence are we using to say there isn't a leader?

staylor26
02-14-2015, 07:53 PM

I have no fucking clue. That was the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard from milkman.

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 07:54 PM

Because the one murderer we had on the team killed himself

O.city
02-14-2015, 07:56 PM
not trying to be argumentative there, just cries what metric other than the eye test or personal opinion we are using for this?

milkman
02-14-2015, 07:57 PM

Great defenses are fueled by emotion.

Not necessarally rah rah, but emotion.

Anger, fire, enthusiasm.

This team doesn't have that.

milkman
02-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Tamba Hali isn't a real leader? Eric Berry wasn't a real leader? Justin Houston hasn't become the leader of this defense? I'm sorry, but if you say no to any of those questions you're in fact an idiot. Funny considering how much you throw that word around like you can spot em from a mile away.

Sorry, talking and yelling doesn't make a leader, and only an idiot thinks that.

Defensive leaders are emotional, and their team feeds off that.

O.city
02-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Some of the best leaders in sports history have led by example, by their actions, not by what they say or don't say.

I'm curious how someone defines emotion

milkman
02-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Some of the best leaders in sports history have led by example, by their actions, not by what they say or don't say.

I'm curious how someone defines emotion

Maybe, but not on football defenses.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 08:12 PM

Anger, fire, enthusiasm.

The D is the least of this teams problem.

penbrook
02-14-2015, 08:18 PM
The D is the least of this teams problem.

Exactly we had a top 10 defense and a 2 ranked pass d going up the likes of Manning, Brady, Rivers

milkman
02-14-2015, 08:32 PM
I didn't say that the defense is a problem.

Discuss Thrower
02-14-2015, 08:34 PM

Anger, fire, enthusiasm.

Hasn't had it for a long time...

BossChief
02-14-2015, 08:51 PM
better not count on itsports medicine has changed a whole lot the last 15 years.

Not saying the info is invalid due to medical advances, but I bet a new study would fruit different results.

There are no real leaders on this defense.Houston has grown into that role and Poe is developing into one.

This defense grew last year because of it.

not trying to be argumentative there, just cries what metric other than the eye test or personal opinion we are using for this?how the unit responds to game situations and who they seem to feed off of

BossChief
02-14-2015, 08:52 PM
It's like they don't even read, milk.

Saccopoo
02-14-2015, 09:08 PM
This!! People were saying that since he's 33 and coming back from a achilles injury he won't be the same. DJ is the heart and soul of that defense he will be back better than ever. There is no stopping DJ. He will set the all time Chiefs record in tackles and I bet even a pro bowl next year

Link?

Brock
02-14-2015, 09:22 PM
Exactly we had a top 10 defense and a 2 ranked pass d going up the likes of Manning, Brady, Rivers

The broncos didn't bother passing. Their running attack steamrolled the chiefs, so while the defense is head and shoulders the best unit on this team, there's lots of room for improvement.

a couple of things about leaders. Seeing Tamba Hali do an embarrassing dance in the end zone with some other players a couple of years ago when the team was getting raped in Pittsburgh would make me hope he isn't considered a leader. A leader would have walked over there and told those guys to get the fuck off the field. He's a great player, but a leader? Not really.

I'll reserve judgement on Houston until he signs a long-term deal with the team, but it doesn't really look to me like the chiefs view him as a team leader. You generally don't have to and don't want to use a franchise tag on a team leader. That could be on management though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 09:57 PM

Anger, fire, enthusiasm.

Hasn't had it for a long time...

This is correct. Not just the defense, but the team. It doesn't have "that guy" on either side of the ball. Berry seemed to be headed that way before the diagnosis.

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 10:29 PM
The broncos didn't bother passing. Their running attack steamrolled the chiefs, so while the defense is head and shoulders the best unit on this team, there's lots of room for improvement.

a couple of things about leaders. Seeing Tamba Hali do an embarrassing dance in the end zone with some other players a couple of years ago when the team was getting raped in Pittsburgh would make me hope he isn't considered a leader. A leader would have walked over there and told those guys to get the fuck off the field. He's a great player, but a leader? Not really.

I'll reserve judgement on Houston until he signs a long-term deal with the team, but it doesn't really look to me like the chiefs view him as a team leader. You generally don't have to and don't want to use a franchise tag on a team leader. That could be on management though.
They were being QBed by Tyler fucking Palko, and their coach was about 5 bottles of Paxil away from being a normal and well-balanced individual.

Every single person in the world would have done the same thing in a hopeless situation like that.

staylor26
02-14-2015, 10:56 PM
JFC Hali Berry and Houston aren't/weren't "real" leaders on defense. This place has gone full retard.

Houston was clearly vocal leader on defense this season and backed it up by almost breaking the sack record. We had a top 10 D after losing Flowers, Berry and DJ. WTF else does he have to do?

And acting like you know what kind of an emotional effect each of these guys is having on the rest of the defense is just flat out fucking delusional

Brock
02-15-2015, 01:20 AM
They were being QBed by Tyler fucking Palko, and their coach was about 5 bottles of Paxil away from being a normal and well-balanced individual.

Every single person in the world would have done the same thing in a hopeless situation like that.

I really don't think so. They're in the midst of a 2 win season, it's pretty lame to call attention to yourself like that. Jmo

RunKC
02-15-2015, 01:34 AM
Sorry, talking and yelling doesn't make a leader, and only an idiot thinks that.

Defensive leaders are emotional, and their team feeds off that.

Interesting chat about this on 810 AM and why Dorsey chose players like DAT, Kelce and Ford because they are high energy guys who are emotional.

Discuss Thrower
02-15-2015, 02:27 AM
Interesting chat about this on 810 AM and why Dorsey chose players like DAT, Kelce and Ford because they are high energy guys who are emotional.

There hasn't been any emotional display of any sort on the Chiefs sideline outside of the Indianapolis game at Arrowhead in '13 when Dunta Robinson tried to get fired up and whenever Bowe tries to get the crowd into a frenzy on defensive stands for the last half dozen seasons.

But of course, what do I know.. I've only sat behind the Chiefs' bench for the last 15+ years.

milkman
02-15-2015, 06:07 AM
JFC Hali Berry and Houston aren't/weren't "real" leaders on defense. This place has gone full retard.

Houston was clearly vocal leader on defense this season and backed it up by almost breaking the sack record. We had a top 10 D after losing Flowers, Berry and DJ. WTF else does he have to do?

And acting like you know what kind of an emotional effect each of these guys is having on the rest of the defense is just flat out ****ing delusional

If you watch games and don't see how guys that play with emotion affect others around them, then you are a clueless fucking moron.

milkman
02-15-2015, 06:09 AM
And this team was top 10 only because teams didn't commit to run against it, even after they established that they could.

BigRedChief
02-15-2015, 07:52 AM
Haven't they done scientific research on Achilles injuries that show the player is never 100% again? It would be logical that players in their 30's would be slower to heal and not get closer to "normal" again.

ThaVirus
02-15-2015, 10:54 AM
Is a guy that leads by example considered a leader, like a Jamaal Charles?