02-14-2015, 09:30 AM
He was a 5th round pick of the Steelers

On phone, too lazy to link.

Simply Red
02-14-2015, 09:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fiIHKFD.jpg

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 09:33 AM
http://i1.wp.com/www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ShaqMocksChuckFallingAsleep.gif?resize=489%2C275

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 09:34 AM
http://www.viralhunger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/u7mba0LdQVqDEGSbc9Ld_Shaq-Marching-Band.gif

TribalElder
02-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Obviously SUPERBOWL L is ours now

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 09:36 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2914247/shaq-dunk-and-push-o.gif

Bufkin
02-14-2015, 09:39 AM
How handsome?

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 10:12 AM
But seriously...

OVERVIEW
2013: Started all 13 games. Second on team with 3 INTs. 2012: Played in 13 games, starting 11. Led team with 14 PBUs. Had 1 INT. 2011: Played in 10 games, starting all 10. Led team with 4 INTs. 2010: Played in 13 games, starting 3. Recorded 2 INTs at Washington State in first career start. High School: No. 26 CB nationally (Scout).

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS: Quick and agile and is aggressive jumping routes when he sees it. Can make spectacular plays look easy -- produced one of the most sensational highlight-reel plays of the season vs. Oregon when he acrobatically tipped the ball back into play to a teammate for an interception on the first play and closed the game with an interception of his own vs. Marcus Mariota to key a surprise upset. Outstanding pro day workout, posting a 4.43-second 40, 38 1/2-inch vertical jump and 6.95-second three-cone drill time, indicating good speed, agility and explosion.

WEAKNESSES: Very lean build. Tends to squat on routes. Lacks eye discipline to sort out run-pass reads -- is late to locate the ball and support the run. Benched in 2012 for lapses in coverage and needs to become more consistent recognizing/supporting the run and securing open-field tackles. Marginal physicality. Character will invite close scrutiny -- was arrested on suspicion of felony theft as an incoming freshman and released from UCLA program.

DRAFT PROJECTION: Rounds 6-7

BOTTOM LINE: A lean, leggy, underdeveloped press corner who has shown big-time flashes but must prove more consistent in coverage, a greater willingness to tackle and more maturity than he demonstrated early in his career to be given an opportunity to compete.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Let's get Shaq Thompson instead.

Bwana
02-14-2015, 10:49 AM
PBJ Wait who?

Dunerdr
02-14-2015, 10:58 AM
So consensus is were excited or no?

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Let's get Shaq Thompson instead.

Where would he play in our defense?

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 11:05 AM
So consensus is were excited or no?

He's one of those players who's just good enough for people to get pissed about the Chiefs cutting him for sucking

Dunerdr
02-14-2015, 11:10 AM
He's one of those players who's just good enough for people to get pissed about the Chiefs cutting him for sucking

My favorite kind he'll make the squad for sure!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2015, 11:16 AM

I wouldn't actually use the draft pick necessary to get him, but his skill set would make him an excellent insurance policy on DJ AND Berry. If they both come back better than ever, right next to DJ.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 11:29 AM
http://www.viralhunger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/u7mba0LdQVqDEGSbc9Ld_Shaq-Marching-Band.gif

LMAOLMAOLMAO That's fucking AWESOME.

KCChiefsfan1234
02-14-2015, 11:36 AM
How does this signing work? He was drafted under a rookie contract in the 5th round last year. He is in his second year so isn't he being paid as a second year rookie? Or is the first year of $420,000 the only amount that must be the same across all rookies regardless of round drafted?

BossChief
02-14-2015, 12:09 PM
He must have cleared waivers and we signed him

I actually like this signing.

Maybe with our coaches and front 7, the kid could be a good fit.

Mr. Laz
02-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Welp this is Sean Smith's last year under contract

Dorsey will pull a 'Dee ford' to replace him

This guy is probably kicking Cooper out.

Discuss Thrower
02-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Nobody touches the

http://i.imgur.com/AXwu5Sw.png

Simply Red
02-14-2015, 12:32 PM

I like Smith - I know that's not your point here - but just a side note - love his fire - hope he stays after this coming season. Provided he continues to play well and have a lot of energy to spread.

Deberg_1990
02-14-2015, 12:40 PM
Would love to watch Shaquille O Neal play in this defense!

ILChief
02-14-2015, 12:41 PM
> Owens

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 12:43 PM

I think Cooper can still be good, but he has about as much chance of doing so as this guy we just signed.

Cooper wasn't ever going to be a total baller immediately in his NFL career. It's upsetting that he took a step back in this sophomore year, but that sometimes happens to especially raw players. Now, of course, it's his time to put up or shut up, but I at least think he has a pretty damn good chance of sticking around.

It's not, nor should it be written into stone just yet that the guy will never be anything in the NFL.

Iconic
02-14-2015, 12:44 PM
Nice. Hope he replaces that turd Chris Owens.

Red Dawg
02-14-2015, 01:03 PM
We have zero reason to complain about the DB's we have brought in. Dorsey has done a great job in that area. This guy will probably be another good player for us.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-14-2015, 01:17 PM
I love how they hype the hell out of every player named Shaq. OMG Shaq Roland be a steal!!!

Titty Meat
02-14-2015, 02:20 PM
I think Cooper can still be good, but he has about as much chance of doing so as this guy we just signed.

Cooper wasn't ever going to be a total baller immediately in his NFL career. It's upsetting that he took a step back in this sophomore year, but that sometimes happens to especially raw players. Now, of course, it's his time to put up or shut up, but I at least think he has a pretty damn good chance of sticking around.

It's not, nor should it be written into stone just yet that the guy will never be anything in the NFL.

Won't even be on the team next year.

chiefzilla1501
02-14-2015, 02:24 PM
> Owens

I guess I never understood the hate for Owens. He was brought in to be nickel and dime depth. With all the injuries at corner, he spent more time than he should have playing at #2. For the price, he's a solid depth player.

Between Fleming, Gaines, Owens, and Parker, the Chiefs have done an excellent job of building corner depth for really cheap. That's not even counting Sean Smith, who ended up being a complete steal even at his price.

O.city
02-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Pretty sure Owens was hurt most of the year too

Titty Meat
02-14-2015, 02:25 PM
I guess I never understood the hate for Owens. He was brought in to be nickel and dime depth. With all the injuries at corner, he spent more time than he should have playing at #2. For the price, he's a solid depth player.

Between Fleming, Gaines, Owens, and Parker, the Chiefs have done an excellent job of building corner depth for really cheap. That's not even counting Sean Smith, who ended up being a complete steal even at his price.

Owens always got burnt. Watch him vs Eddie Royal it wasn't even close.

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Won't even be on the team next year.

Sean Smith
Phillip Gaines

And... who else? It takes more than two fucking players to make up a team's CB corps.

Chris Owens sucks dick and is a free agent; he won't be brought back. Ron Parker is also a free agent and would more than likely play safety if he were brought back at all. Jamell Fleming has a good chance of sticking around. And then there's the expected one or two guys we'll draft at some point. Oh, and now Shaq Richardson. That's who Cooper is going up against.

If he stays in the shitty slumpy mode he played in last year, then he'll be gone. If he improves even just ever so slightly, there's no reason at all to think that he can't be one of those three remaining players to round out the depth at CB.

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 02:29 PM

Players like Owens are only ever "solid dimebacks" until injuries take place. Then they need to be able to hold their own.

Owens rarely ever did that.

O.city
02-14-2015, 02:30 PM
Players like Owens are only ever "solid dimebacks" until injuries take place. Then they need to be able to hold their own.

Owens rarely ever did that.

He was hurt himself most of the year too

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 02:36 PM
He was hurt himself most of the year too

I'm not against giving him another 1-year deal, but given that we've only seen one year of him and that year was when he was gimpy and injured, we don't have very much evidence at all that he's the answer for that nickel/dime spot.

I think we brought him in assuming he was Geoff Schwartz when in reality he was more Jeff Linkenbach.

O.city
02-14-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm not against giving him another 1-year deal, but given that we've only seen one year of him and that year was when he was gimpy and injured, we don't have very much evidence at all that he's the answer for that nickel/dime spot.

I think we brought him in assuming he was Geoff Schwartz when in reality he was more Jeff Linkenbach.

Just depends how much or if he was in fact injured.

I'd rather draft a few DBs as we have more draft picks This year than rape jokes you've told.

RealSNR
02-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Just depends how much or if he was in fact injured.

I'd rather draft a few DBs as we have more draft picks This year than rape jokes you've told.

Well, there was the old gold prospector, and he was out in the rough patches doing some mining. Problem was this was the 1800s and this was reeeeal deep off the beaten path. But ol' guy was a tough hombre, and he could take what the elements dealt to him.

But pretty soon the time came where even the toughest hombre had to eventually go back to civilization for supplies and those particular comforts that make life worth living. So he tredged 30 miles through the mountain pass to reach a settlement nothing more than a general store and a saloon. Well he got the supplies he needed, but decided to go to the saloon so he could indulge in the part of nature that simply couldn't be found in the wilderness or at the general store. He asked the bartender, "Sir, I'm a gold prospector, and it gets real lonely out there. I'm only flesh and blood, you see, and well, sir, I just need me a woman."

The bartender says, "Unfortunately, the only kind of thing like that we got around here is O.City. This country here is too rough and ain't refined enough yet to bring a woman around. Why don't you come back in six months when this here settlement will have grown?"

The prospector reluctantly agrees to do so. So he goes back to work mining for gold, and he's having a hell of a time with it. He couldn't concentrate on his work. He tried animals, mudpiles, and snug-fitting mountain plants, and none of those would do at all. So a month in he comes back 30 miles through the mountain pass and goes straight back to the saloon. He says to the bartender, "Look here, I'm only flesh and blood, and by golly, if you ain't got any women 'round here yet, I guess I'll have to just go for ol' O.City."

The bartender nods, but before he can go make everything ready upstairs, the gold prospector stops him and says, "But listen, sir, I'm a tough hombre. My name is known far and wide, and I've got a good reputation. If even one person finds out that I'm into this kind of funny business, that's the end. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY else can know about what I'm about to do here."

The bartender stops and says, "Nobody except four people you mean." The gold prospector says, "Four? No, that's too many. Wait, why four? Who the hell are you going to tell?" The bartender says, "Well, you'll know about it. I'll know about it. O.City will know about it. And the man who has to hold down ol' O.City will know about it."

jonzie04
02-14-2015, 04:09 PM

Eric Berrys 2013 role, Everywhere. He'd be amazing in that role.

GloryDayz
02-14-2015, 04:13 PM
He like pools...

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get2/I0000eoey4m2lgjU/fit=1000x750/shaq.jpg

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 04:47 PM
LOL When I entered this thread, I figured I'd see Laz or Rausch railing on Dorsey.

Like clockwork...

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Pretty sure Owens was hurt most of the year too

Yeah, it was a bruised labia.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 04:58 PM
The love for Mediocre S.Smith is just fucking astounding to me.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 05:17 PM
The love for Mediocre S.Smith is just fucking astounding to me.What about him was mediocre this past season?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 05:25 PM
What about him was mediocre this past season?

What about him was so goddamned exceptional?

BossChief
02-14-2015, 06:09 PM

He kicked ass all year.

O.city
02-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Well, there was the old gold prospector, and he was out in the rough patches doing some mining. Problem was this was the 1800s and this was reeeeal deep off the beaten path. But ol' guy was a tough hombre, and he could take what the elements dealt to him.

But pretty soon the time came where even the toughest hombre had to eventually go back to civilization for supplies and those particular comforts that make life worth living. So he tredged 30 miles through the mountain pass to reach a settlement nothing more than a general store and a saloon. Well he got the supplies he needed, but decided to go to the saloon so he could indulge in the part of nature that simply couldn't be found in the wilderness or at the general store. He asked the bartender, "Sir, I'm a gold prospector, and it gets real lonely out there. I'm only flesh and blood, you see, and well, sir, I just need me a woman."

The bartender says, "Unfortunately, the only kind of thing like that we got around here is O.City. This country here is too rough and ain't refined enough yet to bring a woman around. Why don't you come back in six months when this here settlement will have grown?"

The prospector reluctantly agrees to do so. So he goes back to work mining for gold, and he's having a hell of a time with it. He couldn't concentrate on his work. He tried animals, mudpiles, and snug-fitting mountain plants, and none of those would do at all. So a month in he comes back 30 miles through the mountain pass and goes straight back to the saloon. He says to the bartender, "Look here, I'm only flesh and blood, and by golly, if you ain't got any women 'round here yet, I guess I'll have to just go for ol' O.City."

The bartender nods, but before he can go make everything ready upstairs, the gold prospector stops him and says, "But listen, sir, I'm a tough hombre. My name is known far and wide, and I've got a good reputation. If even one person finds out that I'm into this kind of funny business, that's the end. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY else can know about what I'm about to do here."

The bartender stops and says, "Nobody except four people you mean." The gold prospector says, "Four? No, that's too many. Wait, why four? Who the hell are you going to tell?" The bartender says, "Well, you'll know about it. I'll know about it. O.City will know about it. And the man who has to hold down ol' O.City will know about it."

You know where I am. Come get it

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 07:19 PM

He was very solid all season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 07:25 PM
He was very solid all season.

There we go. "Solid". Not exceptional, not great, solid.

Urc Burry
02-14-2015, 07:28 PM

He was a top 10 corner last year. I think PFF had him at #4. That is exceptional

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Well, I think solid is a lot better than mediocre.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2015, 07:37 PM
He was a top 10 corner last year. I think PFF had him at #4. That is exceptional

I don't take much stock in PFF. Though it was fun to watch Clay skate around that ranking considering he's always been critical of SS and the fact that PFF is his scripture.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 09:50 PM
I don't take much stock in PFF. Though it was fun to watch Clay skate around that ranking considering he's always been critical of SS and the fact that PFF is his scripture.

This. If there's one thing I've learned at CP, it's that PFF can be worked like Play-Doh until you get what you want.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2015, 09:52 PM
Well, I think solid is a lot better than mediocre.

Well, if we're going purely by passes defended, I'd call him Flowers minus the aggression or ability to lay a fuckin' lick down.