PDA

View Full Version : Football Denver wants Manning to take a paycut

Pages : [1] 2 3

BossChief
02-19-2015, 12:36 PM
They just talked about this on ESPN radio.

Manning told Denver he wants to return and is physically and mentally ready to go. They told him they need to reduce his pay to get other players signed.

Mannings agent (Tom Condon I think) went public (sorry on phone so I can't look up and link) saying there are lots of teams that would sign Manning for what Denver was supposed to pay him this year.

Thought it was interesting that Manning isn't interested in taking less to bolster the roster. The guy has made a bunch of money...wouldn't he want to take less at the end of his career to have a better chance at winning it all?

Apparently not.

ModSocks
02-19-2015, 12:37 PM
Well, apparently he's no Tom Brady.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 12:39 PM
this is fucking bullshit, and I don't care if it's Peyton Manning or Russell Wilson or Joe Flacco

it's not a QB's job to TAKE LESS MONEY to do ANYTHING

ever

Just because Tom Brady has a lifetime contract with New England that will pay him millions of dollars per year every year he's alive to just be Tom Brady, Boston hero, doesn't mean he's a great guy

I don't think ANY ATHLETE, not even Kobe Bryant (who I fucking hate) should ever take a paycut to "get players signed."

Fuck that.

Is the owner taking a paycut?

No fucking way would I ever take a paycut for ANY fucking reason if I'm worth that much money to my team, like Peyton is.

It's a ridiculous notion.

BossChief
02-19-2015, 12:41 PM
They made it seem like Denver might release him if he doesn't take a paycut.

RealSNR
02-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Denver should honestly just move on. The longer you take to find his replacement (and that includes the throwaway year they'll be racking up by letting Manning play one more time) the longer the foundation you've built either leaves for more money elsewhere or gets too old or loses out on their usefulness.

Like, when Manning leaves next year, are they going to play grabass with Osweiler? Are they going to look for an Alex Smith-type free agent that's loitering around? They'll probably draft a guy, too, but that always takes time.

Start that process now.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Denver should honestly just move on. The longer you take to find his replacement (and that includes the throwaway year they'll be racking up by letting Manning play one more time) the longer the foundation you've built either leaves for more money elsewhere or gets too old or loses out on their usefulness.

Like, when Manning leaves next year, are they going to play grabass with Osweiler? Are they going to look for an Alex Smith-type free agent that's loitering around? They'll probably draft a guy, too, but that always takes time.

Start that process now.

This.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 12:44 PM

Start that process now.

totally agree

I talked to one of my best friends, Denver diehard, and he's ready to move on. He loves Manning, but realizes that team isn't winning a Super Bowl with Manning, so what's the point?

Release him, let Manning latch on elsewhere. He needs to go to St. Louis.

FRCDFED
02-19-2015, 12:45 PM
this is ****ing bullshit, and I don't care if it's Peyton Manning or Russell Wilson or Joe Flacco

ever

Just because Tom Brady has a lifetime contract with New England that will pay him millions of dollars per year every year he's alive to just be Tom Brady, Boston hero, doesn't mean he's a great guy

I don't think ANY ATHLETE, not even Kobe Bryant (who I ****ing hate) should ever take a paycut to "get players signed."

**** that.

No ****ing way would I ever take a paycut for ANY ****ing reason if I'm worth that much money to my team, like Peyton is.

It's a ridiculous notion.That's it in a nutshell right there. I think many can make the argument that his skills are on the decline and he isn't worth that much money. If it takes bolstering the roster around him to even have a shot then he isn't worth it.

If there is one thing that Manning has proven in his career is that he can't win it by himself. Indy was smart when they decided not to pay Manning and draft Luck.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 12:48 PM
what QB can win it by himself?

what a ridiculous thing to say.

If Joe Flacco is worth $20M a year, I can guarantee you Peyton Manning, even the 39 year old version, is worth $20M a year.

I hate it when people call Kobe greedy for the same thing. Really? Really?

It's fucking ridiculous.

Tom Brady has a lifetime verbal contract with the Patriots. He is going to make millions upon millions upon millions being an official Patriots ambassador for the rest of his life.

This does not make him a better team player, I assure you.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 12:48 PM
That's it in a nutshell right there. I think many can make the argument that his skills are on the decline and he isn't worth that much money. If it takes bolstering the roster around him to even have a shot then he isn't worth it.

If there is one thing that Manning has proven in his career is that he can't win it by himself. Indy was smart when they decided not to pay Manning and draft Luck.

Dude....ANY team would have dumped Manning for Luck.

RealSNR
02-19-2015, 12:49 PM
That's it in a nutshell right there. I think many can make the argument that his skills are on the decline and he isn't worth that much money. If it takes bolstering the roster around him to even have a shot then he isn't worth it.

The dumbest motherfucking GMs in NFL history would have drafted Luck and cut Manning loose in that exact same situation.

Scott Pioli, Matt Millen, Jack Steadman, all of them.

Okay, maybe not Carl Peterson, but 99.9% of them would have. Saying Indy is smart for drafting Luck and getting rid of Manning is like saying they're smart for breathing oxygen.

FRCDFED
02-19-2015, 12:50 PM
First off, Joe Flacco is also not worth 20 mil per. What makes Tom Brady a better teammate is that he was willing to defer current payments for future ambassador payments thus allowing the Patriots to remain competitive for such a long time. Obviously the value of that can be measured with his "team" success on the field.

Brady = 6 SB appearances with 4 wins. Hard to argue with those results.

BossChief
02-19-2015, 12:54 PM
totally agree

I talked to one of my best friends, Denver diehard, and he's ready to move on. He loves Manning, but realizes that team isn't winning a Super Bowl with Manning, so what's the point?

Release him, let Manning latch on elsewhere. He needs to go to St. Louis.

That's the team I think would be the best fit, too.

Hootie
First off, Joe Flacco is also not worth 20 mil per. What makes Tom Brady a better teammate is that he was willing to defer current payments for future ambassador payments thus allowing the Patriots to remain competitive for such a long time. Obviously the value of that can be measured with his "team" success on the field.

Brady = 6 SB appearances with 4 wins. Hard to argue with those results.

yeah

he's a better person because all of the illegal money he's going to get after his career that was undoubtedly promised to him for these "deferments"

it's against the rules, but it's impossible to prove

and I will bet anything that Tom Brady will be getting paid by the Patriots after his career is over for years, and years, and years

FRCDFED
On a side note.........the proposal to Manning shouldn't have been "take less money so we can sign more players." It is basically just stating the obvious, more cap money provides more opportunities to sign a better supporting cast.

It should have been proposed to fivehead to take less money or you can find other employment. Attach his salary to his own performance.

So I agree with your point that "they shouldn't take less money for other players."

It was a copout by the team to phrase it the way they did.

Eureka
02-19-2015, 12:55 PM

3 straight AFC WEST champs and the playoffs every year inc 1 SB appearance.

Since Payton Manning has won more playoffs games in the last 3 years than the Chiefs have in 30 years I'm willing to bet a team like the Chiefs would be glad to have a 19 million dollar problem like the broncos have.

dirk digler
02-19-2015, 12:55 PM
this is fucking bullshit, and I don't care if it's Peyton Manning or Russell Wilson or Joe Flacco

ever

I don't think ANY ATHLETE, not even Kobe Bryant (who I fucking hate) should ever take a paycut to "get players signed."

Fuck that.

No fucking way would I ever take a paycut for ANY fucking reason if I'm worth that much money to my team, like Peyton is.

I disagree somewhat. If you are at the end of your career and you want to go out winning it all why wouldn't you take less money for that opportunity? PM and Kobe have made enough money for several lifetimes a few million dollars isn't going to hurt them.

Mr. Laz
02-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Peyton Manning has not responded well to taking less money in the past.

TimBone
02-19-2015, 12:56 PM
yeah

he's a better person because all of the illegal money he's going to get after his career that was undoubtedly promised to him for these "deferments"

it's against the rules, but it's impossible to prove

and I will bet anything that Tom Brady will be getting paid by the Patriots after his career is over for years, and years, and years
You can't keep saying that without proof.

It makes you look bias and weakens any argument that you're trying to put together.

Lex Luthor
02-19-2015, 12:57 PM
this is ****ing bullshit, and I don't care if it's Peyton Manning or Russell Wilson or Joe Flacco

ever

I don't think ANY ATHLETE, not even Kobe Bryant (who I ****ing hate) should ever take a paycut to "get players signed."

**** that.

No ****ing way would I ever take a paycut for ANY ****ing reason if I'm worth that much money to my team, like Peyton is.

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t584/coatsworth340/U-MAD-BRO-Arnold-300x298_zpsd6de6dbb.jpg

ThaVirus
He would be a good fit for basically any team that already has an established defense and an average-above average offensive line. He'll make any offensive skill position players look good.

BossChief
So $ > winning to Manning

FRCDFED
02-19-2015, 12:59 PM
3 straight AFC WEST champs. Yeah, like that has been difficult to accomplish. The Chiefs have been the only competition in the division for the past three years.

Please make a better argument for Manning than that.

ThaVirus
02-19-2015, 12:59 PM
St. Louis, Cleveland, Houston, Buffalo..

They'd all become contenders overnight with Manning.

Jim Lahey
02-19-2015, 01:02 PM
because manning won't be making money via commercials and such after he retires..right.

Dude is all about numbers.

eDave
02-19-2015, 01:06 PM

Start that process now.

Yup. Dump him if he doesn't take the cut, for which I agree with Hootie.

I think he is gone now. All that remains is the drama.

I'll like to know who's offering that money.

DaWolf
02-19-2015, 01:10 PM
John Elway took less money over the table to win it all. He just got the rest of his money under the table...

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:11 PM
let me just argue this on Kobe's behalf since I'm a well known Kobe hater on this board:

Anyone who suggests Kobe was greedy and stubborn for not accepting his 2 year $48M contract is a fucking absolute moron

Kobe deserves a max contract just like Peyton deserves to be one of the highest paid QB's ... and taking less money is a ridiculous concept. So ridiculous.

and Tom Brady will be on the Patriots payroll for the rest of his life.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:12 PM
in fact, guys like Tom Brady shouldn't be ALLOWED to make less money than guys like Joe Flacco.

If Peyton took a paycut down to $1M ... or if Tom took a paycut down to $1M ...

you wanna know what that is?!

CHEATING

ThaVirus
02-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Kobe Bryant didn't deserve his latest max contract.

Wasn't that contract pretty much universally panned?

DaWolf
02-19-2015, 01:13 PM
let me just argue this on Kobe's behalf since I'm a well known Kobe hater on this board:

Anyone who suggests Kobe was greedy and stubborn for not accepting his 2 year $48M contract is a ****ing absolute moron

Kobe deserves a max contract just like Peyton deserves to be one of the highest paid QB's ... and taking less money is a ridiculous concept. So ridiculous.

Tom Brady's wife also makes five times more than he does so he has no worries...

BigMeatballDave
02-19-2015, 01:14 PM
I talked to one of my best friends, Denver diehardShocking

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Kobe Bryant didn't deserve his latest max contract.

Wasn't that contract pretty much universally panned?

he didn't deserve it?!

realllllllllllllllly?

Kobe fucking Bryant ... the face of the biggest team in the NBA ... a guy who has been a perennial all-pro for over a decade ...

didn't deserve his last contract?

Pure insanity.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Tom Brady should just take a paycut to the veteran minimum ...

you know

because that would be a real team player thing to do!

not cheating at all!

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that announced in the next few months.

eDave
02-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Manning will not win it all anywhere anymore. I suspect, deep down, he knows that. So go for the money.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:17 PM
father time caught up to him

can't cheat it ... he's done, we all saw that

the people who remember him for what he is now rather than what he was in his prime are morons

eDave
Shocking

I've got a Denver guy on my team. He feels the same way.

Hootie
(that doesn't mean he should take less money ... if Denver doesn't want to pay him the contract he signed, then by all means, release him)

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Shocking

Shocking that one of his best friends is a Denver fan? Why? Because he's a Peyton Manning fan?

HemiEd
02-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Peyton Manning has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can't get it done with plenty of chances to "win it all" in the twilight of his career. Of course it is all about money now.

He could get the Chiefs a playoff win at least, but that horse is out of the barn.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Fine.

I'm ok with star players taking paycuts. From now on, when Brady or Manning takes a paycut, whatever they take that is lower than Joe Flacco's yearly salary, the owners have to multiply that by 10 and donate the sum to charity.

ThaVirus
02-19-2015, 01:23 PM
he didn't deserve it?!

realllllllllllllllly?

Kobe fucking Bryant ... the face of the biggest team in the NBA ... a guy who has been a perennial all-pro for over a decade ...

didn't deserve his last contract?

Pure insanity.

You don't pay a guy for what he did for you. You pay him for what he will do for you.

Kobe's done. Stick a fork in him. He'll put up some nice stats from time to time but he's no longer the guy you build a team around.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:23 PM
Shocking that one of his best friends is a Denver fan? Why? Because he's a Peyton Manning fan?

I was a Peyton fan, obviously, long before he was in Denver.

I can tell you the exact time I started envying Peyton Manning.

It was the no punt game when he broke my heart ... I watched a fucking robot carve apart our inept defense without even fucking trying ...

right then and there, I knew that I'd never see a better QB play this game

my idiot Denver friend was a bandwagoner from the Elway/T.D. years and he just never stopped cheering for them

BigMeatballDave
02-19-2015, 01:24 PM

LOL Basically

Relax, I'm just flipping shit.

Hootie
You don't pay a guy for what he did for you. You pay him for what he will do for you.

Kobe's done. Stick a fork in him. He'll put up some nice stats from time to time but he's no longer the guy you build a team around.

I think that's bullshit. I know Kobe is done. It's over. He still deserves every cent of that contract. Every red penny.

Rain Man
in fact, guys like Tom Brady shouldn't be ALLOWED to make less money than guys like Joe Flacco.

CHEATING

You mean like Elway being listed on the books as playing for the league minimum in 1997 and 1998? And then getting paid as an employee later?

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 01:25 PM

It was the no punt game when he broke my heart ... I watched a fucking robot carve apart our inept defense without even fucking trying ...

my idiot Denver friend was a bandwagoner from the Elway/T.D. years and he just never stopped cheering for them

My best friend is a HUGE Peyton Manning fan. That comes from being a Volunteer fan though. He loves calling me after every Denver/KC game to talk shit.

Mr. Laz
So $ > winning to Manning

Always has been.

He didn't give a fuck that his large salary handcuffed the Colt. I don't see that he will give a fuck that it does the same to Dungver.

srvy
You can't keep saying that without proof.

It makes you look bias and weakens any argument that you're trying to put together.

This^^^

Brady has been a team player his whole career regardless if Robert Kraft decides to employ him later after his career is over. Heck Joe Montana was given beer distributorships to supplement his salary in KC.

Everything I ever herd about Manning is everyone else takes a hit for the team not him.

Discuss Thrower

So Manning beating one of the worst defenses ever fielded in the salary cap era is why you love the guy?

Ummmm.. That's like saying you love Tiger Woods because he beat your local country club's collection of scratch golfers by 30 strokes.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Always has been.

He didn't give a fuck that his large salary handcuffed the Colt. I don't see that he will give a fuck that it does the same to Dungver.

Does any QB? Has there been a QB that took a team friendly deal so that the team could sign better players?

ThaVirus
02-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Aaron Rodgers is getting paid far more than Peyton at this point and isn't offering much more in the way of postseason success..

dirk digler
02-19-2015, 01:27 PM

Anyone who suggests Kobe was greedy and stubborn for not accepting his 2 year $48M contract is a fucking absolute moron

Kobe is too proud to admit it now but when he is finished in the next year or two I bet at some point he will admit he should have taken less because the most important thing to him is winning. People bash on Lebron but he took quite a bit less to play for the Heat.

Mr. Laz
02-19-2015, 01:28 PM

CHEATING
Idiot

The Spur should be kicked out of the league because of all their 'cheating'.

:tinfoil:

ThaVirus
02-19-2015, 01:28 PM
If I was an athlete of these guy's caliber, I'd hold out for every penny I could squeeze from the fuckers.

Why would I ever give two shits about lining my employer's pockets? The average NFL career is something like 3 years. Make as much money as humanly possible in the short time that you're able to..

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:31 PM
You mean like Elway being listed on the books as playing for the league minimum in 1997 and 1998? And then getting paid as an employee later?
That's exactly what I mean. If you're a premier QB, you should make premier money, no fucking exceptions (unless you're still on a rookie contract)

Mr. Laz
02-19-2015, 01:37 PM
That's exactly what I mean. If you're a premier QB, you should make premier money, no fucking exceptions (unless you're still on a rookie contract)
So just have a league slotting system like for the draft.

Every player gets ranked by the league and gets paid X salary?

so much for a free market.

can you imagine how pissed everyone would get at Goodell if he tried to "hootie" the NFL. ROFL

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:39 PM
This^^^

Brady has been a team player his whole career regardless if Robert Kraft decides to employ him later after his career is over. Heck Joe Montana was given beer distributorships to supplement his salary in KC.

Everything I ever herd about Manning is everyone else takes a hit for the team not him.
Oh for sure ! Yeah ! Definitely.

So fucking stupid, lmfao

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Kobe is too proud to admit it now but when he is finished in the next year or two I bet at some point he will admit he should have taken less because the most important thing to him is winning. People bash on Lebron but he took quite a bit less to play for the Heat.
What would him taking less have done for that team? His problem is simple. No one wants to play with him.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Idiot

The Spur should be kicked out of the league because of all their 'cheating'.

:tinfoil:
Wtf are you talking about?

beach tribe
02-19-2015, 01:41 PM

ever

**** that.

They shouldn't have to.

It just shows that a guy who has all the money he will ever need cares more about more money than he does about winning a SB.

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Just me, but at a certain point the money shouldn't matter in comparison to winning titles after you've gone past your rookie and first big contract extension.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:42 PM

can you imagine how pissed everyone would get at Goodell if he tried to "hootie" the NFL. ROFL
Tom Brady's contract is fine. It's fringe, but it's fine.

If Tom Brady restructured for league minimum, it's blatant cheating. Blatant.

I can guarantee Tom will make tens of millions of dollars on the Patriots payroll after his career is over.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 01:43 PM
Just me, but at a certain point the money shouldn't matter in comparison to winning titles after you've gone past your rookie and first big contract extension.

Then why aren't other QBs taking way less money than they are now? You want to blame Manning for it....but I don't see anyone else fucking doing it.

oldandslow
02-19-2015, 01:43 PM

And the salary cap is "free market."

I love it when people use the idea of the free market as long as it suits them, but the minute it doesn't - not so much.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Peyton isn't winning anything else with or without taking a paycut. He's washed up now.

You guys are great at spending other people's money, though.

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2015, 01:44 PM
This is just Elway's way of getting rid of Manning without looking like the bad guy. It's obvious that Elway doesn't want him back or this would not have dragged on for so long.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Then why aren't other QBs taking way less money than they are now? You want to blame Manning for it....but I don't see anyone else fucking doing it.
Tom Brady ... You know, cuz he's got a net worth higher than Peyton and he'll be on the Pats payroll forever ... but he's a true team player.

dirk digler
02-19-2015, 01:45 PM
What would him taking less have done for that team? His problem is simple. No one wants to play with him.

Fair point but maybe if he took a little less it might have shown other players he was a team guy.

dirk digler
02-19-2015, 01:46 PM
This is just Elway's way of getting rid of Manning without looking like the bad guy. It's obvious that Elway doesn't want him back or this would not have dragged on for so long.

I totally agree.

Rausch
02-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Peyton isn't winning anything else with or without taking a paycut. He's washed up now.

Wow.

We do agree on something...

Al Bundy
02-19-2015, 01:47 PM

Exactly... Kobe didn't deserve that last contract. I would have been pissed off if that had been my team giving a broken old player that money. Bottom line, if Manning wants to have another shot at a title, take a pay cut. If he wants the money then have at it.

Jimmya
02-19-2015, 01:48 PM
There will be some team that picks him up in a quick minute if he is released.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:48 PM
There will be some team that picks him up in a quick minute if he is released.
He's not eligible for waivers ... He gets to choose his team

Jimmya
02-19-2015, 01:51 PM
I'd bet he would choose a team that's on Denver's schedule.

Chiefnj2
02-19-2015, 01:53 PM
I'd like to see Manning in Buffalo for a year.

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Never said it's solely a Manning thing.

Flacco, Cutler and Alex Smith were able to get way over what they deserve because "that's the market" and it shows me a lot about how they prioritize money over winning.

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2015, 01:54 PM
As I suggested last week, Manning's best destination would the be Rams. Solid, if not spectacular defense, good offensive line, running backs and receivers in place. I could see him signing a two year deal, then call it quits.

But how much would it suck if Manning, who rebuffed the Chiefs advances, only to sign with Denver and lead them to a Super Bowl, signed with St. Louis and took them to a Super Bowl?

Hootie
02-19-2015, 01:55 PM
So every great QB should just take $6M a year and be team players. Got it.

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 01:57 PM
As I suggested last week, Manning's best destination would the be Rams. Solid, if not spectacular defense, good offensive line, running backs and receivers in place. I could see him signing a two year deal, then call it quits.

But how much would it suck if Manning, who rebuffed the Chiefs advances, only to sign with Denver and lead them to a Super Bowl, signed with St. Louis and took them to a Super Bowl?
Meh. It would sting a lot more if they legitimately had a chance to get Manning for 2012. But Pioli's existence put the kibosh on that.

Rams fans are already a bunch of twats anyway so it'd really be no different than now. They're all still living in 1999 anytime you discuss the merits of which Missouri team is better.

Rausch
02-19-2015, 01:57 PM
So every great QB should just take $6M a year and be team players. Got it.

Yes.

That's exactly what I meant before I said anything and also what everyone else on this site thinks...

thabear04
02-19-2015, 02:05 PM
I can see Manning going with the jets or Bucs if he does get let go.

ThaVirus
02-19-2015, 02:06 PM

As far as personnel goes, Buffalo would be his best bet. They've got a championship level defense and Sammy Watkins, CJ Spiller would wreck shit with Manning. But they play in frigid NY and those winds are a bitch in December/January.

Cleveland is just a shithole.

St Louis or Houston would probably be better options. St Louis has the better defense but they play in a tougher division. Houston has better skill position guys and their division is extremely weak.

vailpass
02-19-2015, 02:07 PM

Start that process now.

Yep.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 02:09 PM
I can see Manning going with the jets or Bucs if he does get let go.

lolwut?

Brian Jones
02-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Tom Brady's contract is fine. It's fringe, but it's fine.

If Tom Brady restructured for league minimum, it's blatant cheating. Blatant.

I can guarantee Tom will make tens of millions of dollars on the Patriots payroll after his career is over.

ladies and gentlemen.....this person is furious beyond comprehension.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 02:10 PM
As far as personnel goes, Buffalo would be his best bet. They've got a championship level defense and Sammy Watkins, CJ Spiller would wreck shit with Manning. But they play in frigid NY and those winds are a bitch in December/January.

Cleveland is just a shithole.

St Louis or Houston would probably be better options. St Louis has the better defense but they play in a tougher division. Houston has better skill position guys and their division is extremely weak.

Spiller is a FA.

ThaVirus
02-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Spiller is a FA.

He's coming off injury, has been a bit of a disappointment overall.. I don't think he'll be able to command any type of mega contract.

There's a good chance he'd stick around for a bit if Manning rolled into town.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 02:12 PM
if any top 5 QB restructured and took league minimum that would be cheating

I don't care if it's Brady, Manning, Brees, etc

ping2000
02-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Fuck Denver. That is all.

Graystoke
02-19-2015, 02:23 PM

This.
It's just the beginning of the end of the Manning Era in Denver.
I think we can all be happy about that.

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 02:25 PM

Don't think you know what that word means..

-King-
02-19-2015, 02:30 PM

LOL

Hootie
02-19-2015, 02:31 PM
LOL

so if Kevin Durant went to the Cavs when his contract expired for the veteran minimum, you think that isn't cheating?

If Tom cut his salary down to vet min, that's not cheating?

you truly believe that?

penguinz
02-19-2015, 02:33 PM

I don't care if it's Brady, Manning, Brees, etcJust when everyone thinks you reached the highest level of ignorance you raise the bar even higher.

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 02:33 PM
so if Kevin Durant went to the Cavs when his contract expired for the veteran minimum, you think that isn't cheating?

you truly believe that?
No.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 02:34 PM
are you guys really this dense?

you really think a QB who should be making $20M ... restructures ... takes $1M instead

that's not a form of cheating?

is that what you guys are implying?

Specifically Tom Brady. If he took $1M a year for the rest of his career ... and then ended up getting payments from New England after his career for a 25 year period (what the Packers offered Favre to stay retired) ... you don't think that's circumventing the salary cap?

Really?

Really?

-King-
02-19-2015, 02:36 PM

you truly believe that?

How is it cheating? Any player can lower their salary if they want to. If Durant did that, LeBron could do it too, Melo could do it too. How is it cheating if it's a legal option available to every single player?

Hootie
02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Wow. Apparently you guys didn't read Rain Man's post earlier where Elway was on the cap for league minimum in '97 and '98.

It's circumventing the salary cap.

Plain and simple.

It's cheating.

Brady makes $10M a year. That's fringe. I wouldn't call it cheating, but knowing that HE IS GOING TO GET PAID AFTER HIS CAREER BY NEW ENGLAND, it is a form of salary cap circumvention.

$10M is ok, though. I can accept that. If guys like Peyton or Tom or Aaron start playing for $5M or less it's cheating.

-King-

you really think a QB who should be making $20M ... restructures ... takes $1M instead

Specifically Tom Brady. If he took $1M a year for the rest of his career ... and then ended up getting payments from New England after his career for a 25 year period (what the Packers offered Favre to stay retired) ... you don't think that's circumventing the salary cap?

Really?

Really?
Can you link us to the story about the Patriots paying Brady after he retires? Or are you just starting to start rumors.

BTW, I've heard that the Colts AND the Broncos will pay Manning after he retires. And Goodell will donate 25% of his yearly salary to him also. CHEATING! CHEATING!

Hootie
How is it cheating? Any player can lower their salary if they want to. If Durant did that, LeBron could do it too, Melo could do it too. How is it cheating if it's a legal option available to every single player?

because it's salary cap circumvention, plain and simple

if Tom Brady played for $1M a year and then retired in 2017 ... and then in 2018 he was hired by the team as a "consultant", you'd be ok with that?!

haha

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 02:38 PM

Really?

Really?
Circumventing the cap is cheating.

A player chosing to take a contract under market value is the choice of that player and is not cheating.

Al Bundy
Wow. Apparently you guys didn't read Rain Man's post earlier where Elway was on the cap for league minimum in '97 and '98.

Plain and simple.

It's cheating.

Brady makes $10M a year. That's fringe. I wouldn't call it cheating, but knowing that HE IS GOING TO GET PAID AFTER HIS CAREER BY NEW ENGLAND, it is a form of salary cap circumvention.

$10M is ok, though. I can accept that. If guys like Peyton or Tom or Aaron start playing for $5M or less it's cheating.

You sure are confident in this....

dirk digler

Yep.

Just Passin' By
02-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Just when everyone thinks you reached the highest level of ignorance you raise the bar even higher.

It's Hootie. There's no limit to the stupidity.

Hootie
it's common sense

Brady is a Boston sports icon. He'll be on the payroll until the day he dies. COMMON SENSE.

Brett Favre was offered $2M a year for 25 years to be a Green Bay consultant to stay retired and not try and come back the first time around ...

Tom Brady will be on the NE payroll for a long, long, long time. That's common sense. That's why his "team friendly" deals mean jack shit. He knows he's taken care of by Bobby Kraft for as long as they're both alive.

-King-
because it's salary cap circumvention, plain and simple

if Tom Brady played for $1M a year and then retired in 2017 ... and then in 2018 he was hired by the team as a "consultant", you'd be ok with that?!

haha

Does he get paid $20mil to be a consultant in your scenario? Because if not, then how are they still circumventing the cap by not paying him $20mil in 2017?

Hootie
02-19-2015, 02:40 PM
an elite QB like Peyton Manning playing for anything less than $10M is ridiculous

and if you don't think under the table, handshake deals occur you're all a bunch of naive fucking morons

-King-
02-19-2015, 02:40 PM
I just hope Hali doesn't restructure this year. I won't be able to live down being called the Kansas City Cheats.

Mile High Mania
02-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Who knows what's really being said and what will happen.

Agents say whatever they have to say. Honestly, Peyton has such a small window at this point, playing elswhere for 1, maybe 2 seasons just to earn another $8M (let's say) is kinda pointless. Those teams mentioned previously - he won't fare any better there than he will in Denver. Let him go to CLE, STL or BUF... have at it.

I believe it will get done one way or another, he'll have 1 more year in Denver. And, if the crazy happens and they walk from him, so be it.

The Franchise
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/3204840swsw.gif

Hootie
because if Tom signs a ridiculously team friendly contract until 2018 ... retires ... and immediately starts making millions of dollars as a team employee ... yeah, you're right ... no cheating

Just Passin' By
02-19-2015, 02:42 PM
I just hope Hali doesn't restructure this year. I won't be able to live down being called the Kansas City Cheats.

LMAO

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 02:42 PM
an elite QB like Peyton Manning playing for anything less than $10M is ridiculous

and if you don't think under the table, handshake deals occur you're all a bunch of naive fucking morons
That's a problem that other franchises have the right to call into question. Perhaps even the union too.

But unless you prove that there's a wink and a nod agreement to hand players money after they've officially retired then it's not cheating.

Further, you're also insinuating that any player that transitions to coaching for their team is cheating as well.

BigMeatballDave
02-19-2015, 02:43 PM

Plain and simple.

It's cheating.

LMAO

Hootie
02-19-2015, 02:51 PM
so, in your opinion, it was ok for Elway to play at league minimum in '97 and '98 and later be employed by the team ...

so, if Brady starts making $5M a year to be a "consultant" with the Pats after his playing career ends ... that's super ok, right?!

Not shady at all, correct?

Mile High Mania
02-19-2015, 02:56 PM
so, in your opinion, it was ok for Elway to play at league minimum in '97 and '98 and later be employed by the team ...

so, if Brady starts making $5M a year to be a "consultant" with the Pats after his playing career ends ... that's super ok, right?!

Not shady at all, correct?

I don't recall all the specifics behind the $29M in deferred payments to Elway and Davis (to funnel money over to the stadium build). But, where's the data points on his salary was at the league minimum those years?

Coochie liquor
02-19-2015, 02:58 PM

This!

Hootie
02-19-2015, 03:00 PM
I have no idea, I was just quoting Rain Man. I wasn't old enough to understand (nor care) about that shit back in the day.

but either way

I hated the whole 'Payton and Malone' to play with the Lakers to form a dream team shit (glad the Pistons won that) and I don't think QB's like Tom Brady who should be paid higher than Joe Flacco should be allowed to play for $10M a year. And if so, they shouldn't be allowed to be employed by that team after their careers are over.

because if Bobby Kraft is going to pay Brady to be a team employee after Brady calls it quits ... all that tells me is his "team friendly" deals were a bunch of cheating bullshit.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 03:01 PM
but, at least in 5 years, when Brady is a "team ambassador" for the Patriots, and I'm on account #9 at ChiefsPlanet.com, I'll be able to say, "gee...told you so."

MotherfuckerJones
02-19-2015, 03:03 PM

and if you don't think under the table, handshake deals occur you're all a bunch of naive ****ing morons

At this point in his career, im sure money isn't an issue.

dirk digler
02-19-2015, 03:04 PM
I have no idea, I was just quoting Rain Man. I wasn't old enough to understand (nor care) about that shit back in the day.

but either way

I hated the whole 'Payton and Malone' to play with the Lakers to form a dream team shit (glad the Pistons won that) and I don't think QB's like Tom Brady who should be paid higher than Joe Flacco should be allowed to play for $10M a year. And if so, they shouldn't be allowed to be employed by that team after their careers are over.

because if Bobby Kraft is going to pay Brady to be a team employee after Brady calls it quits ... all that tells me is his "team friendly" deals were a bunch of cheating bullshit.

It depends on the situation though. I agree with you about giving a team friendly deal and then being hired as a "team employee". That is shady.

But if a player is at the end of his career and need him to take a paycut because he is old and to help out the team get other players I have no problem with that. I also have zero problem with any aging player taking chump change to try to win a championship before they retire. I would do the same thing.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 03:06 PM
just because money isn't an issue doesn't mean you shouldn't be trying to get every dollar you can

teams will have no issue cutting your ass the second you aren't worth the contract

why would any player do any team a favor? Insane.

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 03:11 PM
just because money isn't an issue doesn't mean you shouldn't be trying to get every dollar you can

teams will have no issue cutting your ass the second you aren't worth the contract

You do a team a favor to win more games once you've gotten your big payday almost a decade ago.

At some point cementing your legacy as one of the greatest players ever might mean more than being able to afford a new Rolls or Bentley to keep at your Southern California vacation home.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 03:12 PM
Tom Brady has a higher net worth than Peyton Manning.

It's not on ANY player to ever take less than what they are worth. If you're trying to say Peyton Manning isn't a team player because he won't take a pay cut you're a total moron.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 03:13 PM
but hey, when Tom Brady is a paid ambassador for the Patriots in 5 years, you know I'll be the first one to say, "welp...told ya so."

Jim Lahey
02-19-2015, 03:14 PM
At this point in his career, im sure money isn't an issue.

It's not..but apparently asking a 39 year old noodle armed douche to take less money to support the all star team that captain noodle loves to dropkick in the balls every January is frowned upon.

Money isn't an issue for either Brady or Manning. Only difference is one guy craves winning and the other craves numbers.

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 03:16 PM
but hey, when Tom Brady is a paid ambassador for the Patriots in 5 years, you know I'll be the first one to say, "welp...told ya so."
If the other 31 franchises say nothing about it then it's clearly not a problem.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 03:16 PM
It's not..but apparently asking a 39 year old noodle armed douche to take less money to support the all star team that captain noodle loves to dropkick in the balls every January is frowned upon.

Money isn't an issue for either Brady or Manning. Only difference is one guy craves winning and the other craves numbers.

Yeah....because PM doesn't want to win. :rolleyes:

Hootie
02-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Come on, Pest ...

It's ChiefsPlanet.

Tom is a WINNER and Peyton is a FRAUD who has just had PRO BOWL team after PRO BOWL team that he always costs championships due to his terrible play at QB year after year.

Tom is the greatest team player ever because he takes less money, has a higher net worth than Peyton, and will be employed the rest of his life by the Patriots taking money from the Kraft's until the day he dies...and then his children will probably keep getting payments as well.

but yep, Brady ... what a team first guy!

dirk digler
02-19-2015, 03:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/19/elway-peyton-hasnt-told-me-definitively-but-i-believe-hell-be-back/

Broncos front office boss John Elway doesn’t know for sure who his quarterback will be this season. But he expects that it will be Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning).

“We’re hopeful Peyton comes back,” Elway said at the Scouting Combine. “We want him back. I said after the season we wanted him back and we still want him back. He has not given me a definitive answer exactly what he wants to do, but we’re hopeful he’s going to come back.”

Elway said that he spoke to Manning and that Manning is feeling better now physically than he was when the season ended. What Elway would not say is whether he has also asked Manning to consider taking a pay cut to give the Broncos more salary cap space.

“I don’t like to get into anyone’s contract or discuss anything about contracts, but just know that as I said, I believe he’ll be back and I believe he’ll be our quarterback next year,” Elway said.

Elway said he’d like to see Manning add a second Super Bowl ring to his legacy.

“There’s not much he can add to his legacy, but I do think the one thing he can add is another Super Bowl championship,” Elway said. “I told him, ‘You don’t need to throw for another yard and you don’t need to throw for another touchdown pass because your legacy is going to be one of the all-time greats, as it is, as we sit here now.’ But where he can really add to his legacy is to win another Super Bowl.”

penguinz
02-19-2015, 03:20 PM
but hey, when Tom Brady is a paid ambassador for the Patriots in 5 years, you know I'll be the first one to say, "welp...told ya so."Why do you even care? If anything you should be pissed at the team you follow for not doing the same sort of things to manage the cap.

Jim Lahey
02-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Yeah....because PM doesn't want to win. :rolleyes:

Not as bad as Brady does

ping2000
Anything the Broncos do is cheating, because they are evil and the spawn of Satan. Fuck Denver, fuck them back to hell!

The Franchise
Not as bad as Brady does

Bullshit.

wazu
02-19-2015, 03:26 PM
I can't find any online trace of any of the info in the OP.

Dave Lane
02-19-2015, 03:29 PM
father time caught up to him

can't cheat it ... he's done, we all saw that

the people who remember him for what he is now rather than what he was in his prime are morons

In his prime Manning was pretty darned good. Now he's washed up ass. Take the money Peyton you have nothing else to offer anyway.

MagicHef
02-19-2015, 03:46 PM
In his prime Manning was pretty darned good. Now he's washed up ass. Take the money Peyton you have nothing else to offer anyway.

LMAO

He threw 39 TDs this season.

Chiefnj2
02-19-2015, 03:48 PM
I'm fine with Denver trying to ride Manning a few more years.

BossChief
02-19-2015, 03:51 PM
That's his second best option behind the Rams.

Dome
defense
Good OL
A few weapons

In Buffalo, his arm strength would be a big problem

Because it's obvious that the team needs more around him to win it all.

He has made a lot of money already...you would think that he would do whatever it takes to win another title before it's all over.

This whole thing paints him as a guy that cares more about individual stats and money than competing for a title.

BigMeatballDave
02-19-2015, 03:52 PM
LMAO

Evidently, you missed his last game...

MagicHef
02-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Evidently, you missed his last game...

Good thing Dorsey didn't miss Alex's last game of 2012.

Lonewolf Ed
02-19-2015, 04:01 PM

ever

**** that.

Well, many football contracts are ridiculous from the start. I don't feel sorry for Peyton if he can't make as much with Denver now.

BigMeatballDave
02-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Good thing Dorsey didn't miss Alex's last game of 2012.

:spock:

Deflection attempt, I suspect.

RealSNR
02-19-2015, 04:12 PM
LMAO

And he'll probably throw 30+ next year too if he plays.

The goal isn't to throw as many TDs as you can in the regular season. You saw how weak-armed and shitty he was at the end of the season and in the playoffs

MagicHef
02-19-2015, 04:16 PM
:spock:

Deflection attempt, I suspect.

No, simply pointing out that judging a player by a single game is silly. Or, do you think Dorsey made the right move in giving Alex his contract? He played very well in his last game of 2013 (I just now realize that I accidentally wrote 2012 in my previous post. That was probably confusing.).

RunKC
02-19-2015, 04:16 PM
LMAO

Your SB window was closed by the Seahawks

Color Red
02-19-2015, 04:17 PM

Start that process now.

I tend to agree with this, but being KC fan hopeless exiled in Bronco country, I am glad to see the "pfffffft" away ultimate competitiveness. They are stuck in the John Elway syndrome. (But of course they won the division last year..)

MagicHef
02-19-2015, 04:18 PM
And he'll probably throw 30+ next year too if he plays.

The goal isn't to throw as many TDs as you can in the regular season. You saw how weak-armed and shitty he was at the end of the season and in the playoffs

Yes, I saw how poorly he played after being injured.

ThaVirus
02-19-2015, 04:20 PM
No, simply pointing out that judging a player by a single game is silly. Or, do you think Dorsey made the right move in giving Alex his contract? He played very well in his last game of 2013 (I just now realize that I accidentally wrote 2012 in my previous post. That was probably confusing.).

Fuck.

That really was worst case scenario for us, too. Alex plays the game of his career and we still fucking lose in the playoffs.

Now we're stuck with this shithead and his undeservedly exorbitant contract.

Fuckity fuckballs!

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 04:23 PM
If this is true, the Denver front office has gone full retard.

How do you ask a guy that's mostly responsible for their improvement over the last 3 years to take a pay cut when they have $30M of cap space at the moment?

They can sign pretty much whoever they want even if Manning stays at his current salary.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 04:26 PM

How do you ask a guy that's mostly responsible for their improvement over the last 3 years to take a pay cut when they have $30M of cap space at the moment?

They can sign pretty much whoever they want even if Manning stays at his current salary.

Because, as Dane said, they really don't want him there....but they don't want to be the bad guy.

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Because, as Dane said, they really don't want him there....but they don't want to be the bad guy.

IMO, they look more foolish asking him to take a pay cut than just saying, "thanks but no thanks."

If they were up against the cap, I could see that decision making sense.

With a Brinks truck full of money to play with, you look foolish.

notorious
02-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Why don't we start paying our guys under the table?

Oh, that's right, we have never had a QB that's worth it.

MahiMike
02-19-2015, 04:50 PM
I think Brady isn't even top 10 moneywise. But he's top dog when it comes to SB rings!

If Manning doesn't take a pay cut, he's shooting himself in the foot.

I'd love to see him try the open market and not even get picked up. Be funny as hell.

saphojunkie
02-19-2015, 04:50 PM

It's like you are incapable of factoring time, age, and circumstance.

Kobe was not worth 48 million. Period. PERIOD. You don't pay an aging superstar like that, because guess what? They get injured. Stupid contract is still stupid.

And I pray they cave to Manning and pay him. Can't wait to see the wheels completely fall off.

saphojunkie
02-19-2015, 04:53 PM
IMO, they look more foolish asking him to take a pay cut than just saying, "thanks but no thanks."

If they were up against the cap, I could see that decision making sense.

With a Brinks truck full of money to play with, you look foolish.

He's not worth it anymore, because he can't win with inexpensive teammates. He needs a team around him. Period.

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 05:01 PM
He's not worth it anymore, because he can't win with inexpensive teammates. He needs a team around him. Period.

Interesting.

One of the greatest QB's of my generation isn't worth $19.2M because he "can't win" with inexpensive teammates. Meanwhile, said QB has been to the playoffs all three years in Denver and to the SB once.

Meanwhile in KC, the QB who has won ONE playoff game in 10 years - who really can't win with expensive teammates, is getting paid $17M and people are fine with it.

"That's the going rate for QB's" /CP

Holy fuck this place.

Mr. Laz
02-19-2015, 05:04 PM
taking less money isn't cheating

taking under-the-table money is cheating

the 2 aren't necessarily linked

Mr. Laz
02-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Interesting.

One of the greatest QB's of my generation isn't worth $19.2M because he "can't win" with inexpensive teammates. Meanwhile, said QB has been to the playoffs all three years in Denver and to the SB once.

Meanwhile in KC, the QB who has won ONE playoff game in 10 years - who really can't win with expensive teammates, is getting paid $17M and people are fine with it.

Holy fuck this place.

you just can't stop, it's like some kind of OCD thing

:shake:

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 05:06 PM

What about what OTWP said is wrong?

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 05:13 PM

Is anything I said incorrect?

Just pointing out more hypocrisy around here.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Interesting.

Holy fuck this place.
It's insane. People hate Manning so much on this board it doesn't matter what he does.

Mr. Laz
02-19-2015, 05:31 PM
What about what OTWP said is wrong?
endlessly bitching/saying the same thing over and over again

thread about LBs .......... Alex Smith
thread about Denver's QB .......... Alex Smith
thread about punters ....... Alex Smith
thread about ebola ........ Alex Smith

EVERYONE knows already, you stupid fucking moron.

just shut fuck up

JFC

LoneWolf
02-19-2015, 05:35 PM

Why would that be cheating?

RealSNR
02-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Yes, I saw how poorly he played after being injured.

That's like blaming his receding hairline on being injured.

He's old. He doesn't have the season-long stamina he used to. That much should be obvious to you

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 05:41 PM
It's insane. People hate Manning so much on this board it doesn't matter what he does.

Hypocrites.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Hypocrites.

Yep.

BigCatDaddy
02-19-2015, 05:45 PM

Meh. Jordan only played for 3-4 million a season most of his career to provide himself with better talent.

Bowser
02-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Does any QB? Has there been a QB that took a team friendly deal so that the team could sign better players?

Elway did, but that was after he reaped that windfall from selling his car dealerships (80 million? Is that right?) and restructured down to make the league minimum. That might have been around the time Denver got busted for violating the cap in some fashion, as well.

Well, I guess we can put Knowmo's statement of Brock Osweiller being the best QB in his class up for a test sooner rather than later now?

Bowser
02-19-2015, 05:46 PM
And now that I think of it, didn't Brady just re-do his deal for a team friendly number? 3 years, 27 million, or somesuch? All guaranteed, I'm assuming...

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 05:48 PM
endlessly bitching/saying the same thing over and over again

thread about LBs .......... Alex Smith
thread about Denver's QB .......... Alex Smith
thread about punters ....... Alex Smith
thread about ebola ........ Alex Smith

EVERYONE knows already, you stupid fucking moron.

just shut fuck up

JFC
Doesn't address the point no one here is saying the same thing about Smith taking a pay cut when the exact same reason to do so applies to Manning.

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Doesn't address the point no one here is saying the same thing about Smith taking a pay cut when the exact same reason to do so applies to Manning.

Christ, the Niner trolls and True Fans tried desperately to convince us Alex was a team player, and would take less money to help the organization.

Then he signs an extension for $2M less per season than the best QB of the last 15 years.

LMAO

TEX
02-19-2015, 05:51 PM

Yeah, so...:shrug:

Bowser
02-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Chiefs fans hate QUARTERBACKS. Pro Bowl, All Pro, All World, Hall of Fame.....it doesn't matter. They're all pieces of shit. It's amazing.

Bowser
02-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Christ, the Niner trolls and True Fans tried desperately to convince us Alex was a team player, and would take less money to help the organization.

Then he signs an extension for $2M less per season than the best QB of the last 15 years.

LMAO

BUT HE DOESN'T THROW PICKS. AND STUFF.

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Chiefs fans hate other QUARTERBACKS. Pro Bowl, All Pro, All World, Hall of Fame.....it doesn't matter. They're all pieces of shit. It's amazing.

FYP, because they defend the shitty QB's wearing red and yellow to the death.

BossChief
02-19-2015, 05:56 PM
Here's my madden scenario

Cut Alex and designate him a June first cut. That saves us 8.4 million against this years cap. It would also give us 7.2 in dead money next year.
Cut/trade Daniel. That saves us 3.8 million against this years cap.
Cut Joe Mays that's another 2.7
Cut/re-sign Hali to a deal averaging 4m with a low first year cap number. That saves us 6m minimum. He has publicly stated he is open to this.

That right there is enough to go from our current QB situation to having a shell of Peyton Manning as our QB.

Past those moves, you redo/cut Bowe, Fasano and Devito and give their money to Houston.

Take what's left and get Hudson locked up to a deal with a low first year cap number but a big signing bonus. We also have last years rollover money and the savings from cutting Avery and Jenkins to factor into all of this. That's another 7 or 8 million.

Draft DGB in the first and a bunch of OL and defensive players after that.

I know, I know. But I love madden.

BossChief
02-19-2015, 06:00 PM
In that scenario, we basically lose NOTHING and go from Alex Smith to a broke dick Manning.

I'm fine with that.

cwhocares
02-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Don't candy coat it. Tell us how you REALLY feel.:D:Dthis is ****ing bullshit, and I don't care if it's Peyton Manning or Russell Wilson or Joe Flacco

ever

**** that.

Bowser
02-19-2015, 06:02 PM
FYP, because they defend the shitty QB's wearing red and yellow to the death.

Valid.

Who was it on here saying he hated Aaron Rodgers? Sacc?

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 06:08 PM

LMAO
If only I'd bookmarked those types of posts to flash to these Smith homers.

Yeah, great "team friendly" contract there. Have fun with Eric Kush at center and Dee Ford and a geriatric Tamba Hali as the only pass rushers.

God knows we won't be reading about how Alex can't play with a young offensive line and how the defense isn't good enough to keep games under 35 points this time next year.

TimBone
02-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Hootie has been awful in this thread.

CapsLockKey
02-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Tom Brady could play for free and still make more than Manning. His wife is worth more than him.

Simply Red
02-19-2015, 06:19 PM
I was going to say - Could the Chiefs sign him?

But then (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mJZB2v-og)I remembered!

TimBone
02-19-2015, 06:22 PM
but, at least in 5 years, when Brady is a "team ambassador" for the Patriots, and I'm on account #9 at ChiefsPlanet.com, I'll be able to say, "gee...told you so."

I don't picture you saying gee or welp.

O.city
02-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Interesting.

Holy **** this place.

No one is "fine" with it.

Manning didn't win the superbowl, which as you yourself has suggested, is all that matters And appears to not be able to carry a team anymore, without high level play around him.

what he's done in the past, isn't really relevant now, because apparently he isn't that guy anymore.

So, denver basically doesn't believe he can win without superior talent or they don't want him anyway

dirk digler
02-19-2015, 06:28 PM

From what I read today they are going to have around $26 million free with 15 FA's (8 of them starters). Thomas is going to take half of that so they are going to be left with $13-14 million to spend on 14 players and draft picks. They are in a better position than the Chiefs are but are going to have to fill quite a bit of holes.

Bowser
02-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Clutch Gene is the new Rick Roll.

BossChief
02-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Anybody that says the chiefs are in cap hell needs to look at 2016. The Chiefs only have 85 million on the books and 13 of that is for Bowe. Even after you account for Poe, Houston and Hudson...we are still like 30-40 under the cap.

I expect Dorsey to make a lot of moves in the next couple weeks.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Meh. Jordan only played for 3-4 million a season most of his career to provide himself with better talent.
That is simply not fucking true.

Marcellus
02-19-2015, 06:39 PM

LMAO

Neither player is worth what they are making or scheduled to make, but its what the market is at. Period.

Its been discussed over and over and over, a veteran starting QB on any multi year deal is going to make $15MM -17MM per.

Alex is only paid in top the 10 because he has one of the most recent deals. By the time he reaches year 3 or 4 (if he does) he will be middle of the pack.

There was talk Hoyer was going to get a deal close to Alex's this offseason before he got benched. Its the market for a QB.

But you are smart, you know all this.

Just Passin' By
02-19-2015, 06:40 PM

That's probably because the claim that the exact same reason applies isn't true.

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Anybody that says the chiefs are in cap hell needs to look at 2016. The Chiefs only have 85 million on the books and 13 of that is for Bowe. Even after you account for Poe, Houston and Hudson...we are still like 30-40 under the cap.

They only have $85M on the books in 2016 because around 20 players become UFA's.

They have to either resign them, or their replacements.

Marcellus
02-19-2015, 06:42 PM
I have said all along Denver doesn't really want Manning back, they would rather move on and spend the $ elsewhere and see where they are with BO.

Manning isn't winning them a SB and they know it. Its pissing money away and they are generally a smart franchise.

dirk digler
02-19-2015, 06:42 PM

That some good news at least.

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 06:43 PM
That's probably because the claim that the exact same reason applies isn't true.
Manning needs help around him to get to the Super Bowl. Smith needs help for the same. Help requires cap space. That would be easier if both guys had cheaper deals.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 06:52 PM
In fact, that post about MJ was so criminally stupid I'll go ahead and post the following:

In '92/93 (the last year of the 3 peat before the first retirement), MJ made $3.25M when salary caps were around $12M and he was the 5th highest paid player in the NBA behind 3 Celtics and Hot Rod Williams (Bird made $7M, everyone else in the $3M's)...

When he came back, his first full season, he finished his contract at $3.8M and then signed for two 1 year contracts:

in 1997, he signed for $30M
in 1998, he signed for $33M

$33M / year back then is the equivalent, comparatively speaking, to a guy making about $100M/year today. The next two highest salaries were $20/M and $14/M.

Reinsdorf pretty much complained nonstop about how much he had to pay Jordan while the rest of the league benefited from Jordan being in the NBA.

What a ridiculous post. Jordan never took less. And why would he? He should've probably been paid even more.

Bowser
02-19-2015, 06:56 PM
But he gave most of that money to the casinos and Barkley, meaning his salary was around 3 mil/yr

Hootie
and I look stupid because I'm against ELITE players taking bargain contracts because it circumvents the salary cap?

So a team that isn't fortunate enough to have Tom Brady has to pay an Alex Smith $7M more a year than the team with Tom Brady because Tom Brady took a "team friendly" contract because he knows he'll be getting paid from said team for the rest of his life?

No. I don't like it. And nobody should. Teams have to sink $25M into Joe Flacco while the Patriots, who already "help" themselves more than anyone, get Tom for $10M per year because EVERYONE with common sense knows he's on that payroll for life.

Sorry, that's cheating. You can't prove it's cheating now, it's impossible. But when he's on that payroll in 2020 you'll all get to think to yourselves (who am I kidding, no one will care, because none of you are smart enough to look that far ahead), "wow...those team friendly deals were just a way of circumventing the cap for promised deferments post retirement!"

But you guys are right, it's impossible to prove. I hope a few of you are still around when Brady is "consulting" or a "team ambassador" for the Patriots after his career is over.

tredadda
Tom Brady has a higher net worth than Peyton Manning.

It's not on ANY player to ever take less than what they are worth. If you're trying to say Peyton Manning isn't a team player because he won't take a pay cut you're a total moron.

When you no longer have the ability to take your team to the promised land yet are still paid like it knowing it hurts your team's chances of fielding a strong enough team to win it all is not being a team player.

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 06:57 PM
When you no longer have the ability to take your team to the promised land yet are still paid like it knowing it hurts your team's chances of fielding a strong enough team to win it all is not being a team player.
Succinctly said.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 06:58 PM
But he gave most of that money to the casinos and Barkley, meaning his salary was around 3 mil/yr

True.

In fact, the reason the Bulls didn't go for 1 more in 1999 was because Krause convinced Reinsdorf not to pay those guys all of that money. Phil was going to want $10M, Jordan $35M, Pippen $20M (at least), Rodman $10M ...

Reinsdorf would have lost $50M+ rostering that team in 1999 ...

BossChief
02-19-2015, 06:58 PM
They only have $85M on the books in 2016 because around 20 players become UFA's.

They have to either resign them, or their replacements.

Dropping Bowe off the books makes that number 72 million on the books. The salary cap will be above 150m and that gives us close to 80 million in cap space.

That gets Houston, Hudson, Poe and anybody else signed sealed and delivered if the deals are worked correctly.

The Franchise
02-19-2015, 06:59 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/images/imported/KC/AlexContract.jpg

CapsLockKey
02-19-2015, 06:59 PM

Thank you. Seems like most people only look at the cap in a one year vacuum. This is along the lines of people saying how Denver had all this cap room even after all those FA signings last year, now they are taking about Manning taking a pay cut just so they can sign guys.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 07:00 PM
so ...

a player signs a contract, the team gets to cut him whenever they want and, "ooops. Oh well. Go fuck yourself!"

Peyton comes to Denver, gets them 3 division titles and an AFC Championship, throws 135 touchdown passes in 3 seasons, and now he's selfish for not taking a pay cut and playing out the contract he signed?

you guys are fucking stupid, that's just the end of it

There is no debate.

You guys, are, fucking stupid.

Maybe not at everything, but when it comes to this stuff...fucking stupid.

(there are a few exceptions, but not many)

Hootie
02-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Kornheiser and Wilbon were on PTI yesterday and were mocking all of the morons who were demanding Peyton take a pay cut ...

who in the fuck are you guys to tell someone to take a pay cut?

Just because Tom and the Patriots are cheating his cap number by deferring payments to him long after he's retired doesn't mean a god damn thing.

tredadda
02-19-2015, 07:09 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/images/imported/KC/AlexContract.jpg

Very few on here (of which I am not one of) think AS is worth what he is getting paid. Not sure why he keeps being brought up in a thread about Manning needing to take a paycut.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 07:11 PM
and it's hilarious to me that the team that *allegedly* deflates footballs, illegally videotapes everything, and does everything possible to find an edge...it's hilarious to me that no one sees these Brady contracts as anything but downright hilarious.

He redoes his contract every fucking year to help the Patriots ... gee ... I wonder fucking why?

They can't go to big Vince and say, "hey man...take less money now and we'll get you later." Why? Because he's not the golden boy. He's not a guy who will take this shit to the grave.

Brady reworks his contract every fucking year.

Kraft, Belichick and Brady are fucking in bed with one another ... why am I the only one that sees this shit? His contract is nothing but a pawn ... why do you think his cap number is always so low? It's a cheater contract. That's all it is. Brady knows he's gonna make his money with the Pats after his career is over ... right now it's all about using his contract as a pawn to get as much other shit as they can possibly get without making everything super obvious.

What other fucking QB reworks their contract to get more and more team friendly every fucking year?

Give me a god damn break.

Bill Simmons couldn't even wrap his mind around this last one and thought, "omg the Pats are gonna cut Brady! That's the only thing that makes sense about this contract! omg!" I kid you not. Simmons looked at the contract and he could only conclude that it meant the Pats were going to cut Brady. This is real. It's archived. It's all over his twitter.

No, you numb fucking skull ... it's the BBK manipulating his contract to make it so the Pats can continuously circumvent the cap by using Brady's contract as a fucking pawn...

while teams like the Chiefs / Lions / Ravens / Packers / Saints / Cowboys AND ANY OTHER FUCKING TEAM WITH A QB THAT RECENTLY GOT PAID has to have 25% of their cap locked into 1 position ...

not the Patriots

because they fucking cheat

and only this one is impossible to prove ... since once Brady retires the Pats can just shovel him as much money as he wants / needs / whatever. Show up at a Pats even, hold a baby, take a picture ... here's a few million Tom, you ambassador, you!

Simply Red
02-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Clutch Gene is the new Rick Roll.

For some reason I find it hysterical - not even sure why - maybe it's the catchy tune. It's a trolltastic video. I sure wish Clutch Gene posted here.

eDave
02-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Very few on here (of which I am not one of) think AS is worth what he is getting paid. Not sure why he keeps being brought up in a thread about Manning needing to take a paycut.

I enjoyed the laugh.

Rain Man
02-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Hey, I've been saying that ever since Elway and Bowlen started the trend. Take your highest paid player, make him a deal to pay him after he retires, and then cut his salary.

And in Elway's case, it was the league minimum. Think about that. He was making the league minimum for veterans. In concert with other cheating on the salary cap, chop blocking from behind, and cooking oil, not to mention Elway's history of thinking he's above the game and his current "job", does anyone have any doubt at all that they were circumventing the salary cap?

Elway's going to offer Manning a similar back-door deal to the one that he got. Elway cheats. The Broncos cheat. It's a known fact.

Simply Red
02-19-2015, 07:21 PM
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OUR QUARTERBACK, GET HIM A GOD DAMNED RECEIVER AND A LITTLE PROTECTION TO SHORE UP THE LINKENBACH LANE. & WATCH OUT! ALEX IS SCHOLASTICALLY THE VERY SMARTEST QB IN THE LEAGUE. SRSLY!

eDave
02-19-2015, 07:23 PM
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OUR QUARTERBACK, GET HIM A GOD DAMNED RECEIVER AND A LITTLE PROTECTION TO SHORE UP THE LINKENBACH LANE. & WATCH OUT! ALEX IS SCHOLASTICALLY THE VERY SMARTEST QB IN THE LEAGUE. SRSLY!

DERAILED

:popcorn:

Hootie
02-19-2015, 07:25 PM
The general nature of the violations, which were found to run from 1996 to 1998, surrounded deferring large payments for star players like Elway. There were other types of guaranteed bonuses being promised to players to avoid proration treatment of the bonuses. Denver claimed that these maneuvers were simply done because they were having cash flow problems and that no benefit was gained despite the league penalties. When tabulating the data it just felt wrong to agree with that assessment. The 5.5 and 5.3% that was spent on their top player was at least 1.2% less than the next closest teams. Their top 10 spending in 1997 was just 40.2%, 4% less than the 2000 Ravens. What those numbers are not so ridiculous, to expect a team with a Hall of Fame veteran QB to be playing for pennies is. Elway’s cap charges in the Super Bowl seasons were just $2.1 and $2.6 million respectively. By comparison Dan Marino, who would be the most logical comparison, had cap charges of $4.3 and $7.6 million. Troy Aikman’s cap charges were both over $5 million in those seasons. Some may argue that Steve Young had low cap charges ($3.5 million), but that was also a team found in violation of the cap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2vrv95/lets_talk_about_the_broncos_salary_cap/

ALL ELWAY WANTED TO DO WAS WIN! HE'S A TEAM PLAYER! ACCEPTING THOSE CHEATER DEALS KNOWING HE'LL GET ALL OF THAT MONEY, AND SOME, AFTER RETIRING!

Brady's contracts are a fucking crock of shit.

Hootie
02-19-2015, 07:27 PM
but that's fine, everyone ... keep telling me how stupid I am for not being naive enough to actually think Tom Brady is playing for "less money" and is a true "team player." Give me a fucking break. He is signing those sweet heart deals knowing he's going to get every fucking penny he deserves and probably, at the end of the day, many more pennies than that greedy son of a bitch (lol) Peyton is getting by signing REAL contracts (like every other NFL QB).

RunKC
02-19-2015, 07:30 PM
I would take a paycut to win too if my wife made more than any NFL coach, player and the commissioner every year.

Simply Red
02-19-2015, 07:30 PM
DERAILED

:popcorn:

lol no not at all - I'm half way joking - but I think everyone is pretty hard on Alex. He's so much better than Cassel it's not even funny. I think Alex will do better when he gets a receiver that can run routes well and whom is a big target w/ separation ability - Catch and Sit Bowe never offered much as far as YAC.

I don't really know - I'm confused, but I think he has the ability to take us far with a few adjustments - Plus heck - how could you not like Smith? - I think he's a very nice guy, good sport, and a good decision maker - also he just so happens to be the best slider in the league!

tredadda
02-19-2015, 07:31 PM
but that's fine, everyone ... keep telling me how stupid I am for not being naive enough to actually think Tom Brady is playing for "less money" and is a true "team player." Give me a ****ing break. He is signing those sweet heart deals knowing he's going to get every ****ing penny he deserves and probably, at the end of the day, many more pennies than that greedy son of a bitch (lol) Peyton is getting by signing REAL contracts (like every other NFL QB).

You might be on to something but it's hard to take you serious because

1. You have yet to show any proof
2. You have an undying love for Peyton
3. You have an undying hatred for Brady.

These biases along with the aforementioned lack of proof discredits a lot of what you have to say.

Simply Red
02-19-2015, 07:31 PM
I would take a paycut to win too if my wife made more than any NFL coach, player and the commissioner every year.

actually that's a great pt.

saphojunkie
02-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Interesting.

Holy fuck this place.

Holy fuck, what is hard about understanding that he has MAYBE 16 games left in him. After he hangs it up next year and gets fat on Papa Johns, they'll still need players like Demaryius Thomas to be successful.

Denver has a lot of free agents to re-sign. It's not worth losing young playmakers for one year of Peyton Manning, when he clearly can't be successful anymore without young playmakers.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

BTW they also have Von Miller to resign next year.

SAUTO
02-19-2015, 07:36 PM

Really?

Really?
Taking the minimum isn't in any way cheating unless they are getting payments after they are done under the table.

Marcellus
02-19-2015, 07:38 PM
Holy ****, what is hard about understanding that he has MAYBE 16 games left in him. After he hangs it up next year and gets fat on Papa Johns, they'll still need players like Demaryius Thomas to be successful.

Denver has a lot of free agents to re-sign. It's not worth losing young playmakers for one year of Peyton Manning, when he clearly can't be successful anymore without young playmakers.

I think Denver understands this very well.

saphojunkie
02-19-2015, 07:41 PM
Okay, so here's a question.

Would you pay Peyton Manning $20M for this upcoming year if it meant not re-signing Houston?

SAUTO
02-19-2015, 07:42 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/19/elway-peyton-hasnt-told-me-definitively-but-i-believe-hell-be-back/

Broncos front office boss John Elway doesn’t know for sure who his quarterback will be this season. But he expects that it will be Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning).

“We’re hopeful Peyton comes back,” Elway said at the Scouting Combine. “We want him back. I said after the season we wanted him back and we still want him back. He has not given me a definitive answer exactly what he wants to do, but we’re hopeful he’s going to come back.”

Elway said that he spoke to Manning and that Manning is feeling better now physically than he was when the season ended. What Elway would not say is whether he has also asked Manning to consider taking a pay cut to give the Broncos more salary cap space.

“I don’t like to get into anyone’s contract or discuss anything about contracts, but just know that as I said, I believe he’ll be back and I believe he’ll be our quarterback next year,” Elway said.

Elway said he’d like to see Manning add a second Super Bowl ring to his legacy.

“There’s not much he can add to his legacy, but I do think the one thing he can add is another Super Bowl championship,” Elway said. “I told him, ‘You don’t need to throw for another yard and you don’t need to throw for another touchdown pass because your legacy is going to be one of the all-time greats, as it is, as we sit here now.’ But where he can really add to his legacy is to win another Super Bowl.”
They definitely asked him to take a pay cut. Elway just spelled it out.

tredadda
02-19-2015, 07:43 PM

Would you pay Peyton Manning $20M for this upcoming year if it meant not re-signing Houston?

LMAO Not a chance.

Coochie liquor
02-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Hootie has been awful in this thread.

Trolling his ass off. It's funny watching him get everyone worked up. He's good, but he's no Clay!

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Holy fuck, what is hard about understanding that he has MAYBE 16 games left in him. After he hangs it up next year and gets fat on Papa Johns, they'll still need players like Demaryius Thomas to be successful.

Holy fuck, what is so hard about understanding that:

1.) If you don't want the guy, release him - don't ask him to take a pay cut when you're $30M under the cap;

2.) They're $30M under the cap and you claim he only has 16 games left, so all they need to worry about is THIS year. You know how many young playmakers they have as UFA's? 4.

Thomas, Thomas, Marshall and Moore.

Sounds like they've burned the J. Thomas bridge, and I'm not sure I'd give big money to Moore. They have plenty of money to take one more run if they wanted to.

And if they want to start over, just cut Manning. But don't cry poor when you have a fuckton of money to work with - and that's before cuts and restructures.

Nightfyre
02-19-2015, 08:08 PM
I have to think that in today's age of endorsements, it would be incredibly easy to get money to someone indirectly. Take Papa Johns and Peyton Manning. All Elway has to do is offer Papa Johns some sweetheart partnership with the stadium or one of his other ventures in order to take on Peyton Manning for an inflated endorsement deal. Voila. Cap circumvented with no questions.

-King-
02-19-2015, 08:13 PM

Hell no.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
02-19-2015, 08:21 PM
For the record I think Manning should ask for a raise. Probably needs $25MM just for this season alone.

-King-
02-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Wow I hadn't even looked at Manning's playoff numbers since signing with Denver. Other than one game, he's been consistently above average in the playoffs. Nothing close to great. Significant dropoff every year from the regular season.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
02-19-2015, 08:35 PM

We have a bunch of draft picks and a bunch of underachieving talent on this team.

They need to trim the fat and if they do, you'd be surprised what they can afford.

RunKC
02-19-2015, 08:43 PM
We have a bunch of draft picks and a bunch of underachieving talent on this team.

They need to trim the fat and if they do, you'd be surprised what they can afford.

This is what worries me. I don't want guys like Mike DeVito back at that price but it seems like they are going to do it.

I feel like they are loyal to him or something, or think he's gonna be good next year when the writing is on the wall.

Brian Jones
02-19-2015, 08:45 PM
if the Patriots want to pay a 50 year old Tom Brady to show up drunk at a golf event and take a shiit on the fairway that's their business and a testament to the merit Tom Brady has built within that organization. But you're the one pissing in everyone's ear about it.

saphojunkie
02-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Holy fuck, what is so hard about understanding that:

1.) If you don't want the guy, release him - don't ask him to take a pay cut when you're $30M under the cap;

2.) They're $30M under the cap and you claim he only has 16 games left, so all they need to worry about is THIS year. You know how many young playmakers they have as UFA's? 4.

Thomas, Thomas, Marshall and Moore.

Sounds like they've burned the J. Thomas bridge, and I'm not sure I'd give big money to Moore. They have plenty of money to take one more run if they wanted to.

And if they want to start over, just cut Manning. But don't cry poor when you have a fuckton of money to work with - and that's before cuts and restructures.

So, you're simply MORALLY offended they would ask him to take a paycut.

Dear Peyton,

You completely fucking suck in the postseason and have a noodle arm. If we are going to win a Super Bowl (which we assume is your ultimate goal as well), then we have to guarantee that our team will get BETTER next year, instead of worse. Because there's no way we can take New England or Indy while losing a combination of Thomas, Thomas, Welker, Marshall Moore. Could we win the AFC West? Probably. But we aren't the CHiefs. We'd like to actually win a playoff game. All of them, in fact. We can't do that if we can't resign our players because you think you "deserve" that money. Players ask for raises. We are asking you to take a pay cut. It's a two way street, no matter what the geniuses at 1 Chiefsplanet Drive think.

Sincerely,

John Elway

PS your pizza sucks

PPS I have to actually think about 2016, when you'll be dropping your taint on some trainer in New Orleans, you fake good-guy poser fuckwad.

OnTheWarpath15
02-19-2015, 08:55 PM
Not offended, morally or otherwise.

Had you bothered to read my posts on the topic, you wouldn't have to ask.

If you don't want the guy, just show him some respect and let him go. But acting as if he's holding the organization back from paying others is pathetic. Like I said earlier, if they were up against the cap, I can see them asking. But they look fucking stupid doing it with a fuckton of cap space.

Sadly, some of you can't set aside your Denver hate long enough to have a rational conversation.

Jimmya
02-19-2015, 09:00 PM
I'll take Manning over Smiff any day.

BossChief
02-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Demarius Thomss has already turned down a massive offer that averages between 13-16 per year. Julius Thomas turned down a deal that averages 8. http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/10/26/7076563/report-julius-and-demaryius-thomas-turned-down-lucrative-contract

They have a bunch of other free agents to take care of, too. Knighton, Moore, Franklin...

Can't blame Elway for wanting to squeeze every drop out of the manning era and try to get him to play for less so he can add a player or 2...or just to be able to squeeze everybody in under the cap.

-King-
02-19-2015, 09:13 PM
I'll take Manning over Smiff any day.

What about in a playoff game?
Posted via Mobile Device

Discuss Thrower
02-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
This isn't a serious question..

kcxiv
02-19-2015, 09:40 PM

ever

**** that.

well fuck, i agree with Hootie for once, maybe twice!

kcxiv
02-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Shit, we dont even get to play off games. WEll its rare we do.

-King-
02-19-2015, 09:48 PM
This isn't a serious question..

Half serious half troll. Manning isn't anything special in the post season. He averages 280 yards 1.5 TDs and 1INT a game.
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief
02-19-2015, 11:37 PM
I see Hootie is machine-gun posting his stupidity again...

wazu
02-19-2015, 11:44 PM
Ah, I see we are now on page 4 of this thread about a bullshit story that has no link and no basis in truth.

New World Order
02-20-2015, 04:03 AM
For our sake I hope denver releases him.

Hootie
02-20-2015, 10:40 AM
I see no one wanted to touch base on Brady's "team friendly" contracts after I posted the Elway link. Typical.

Amnorix
02-20-2015, 12:36 PM

ever

Fuck that.

I agree with all of this.

But it is yet another reason why I'm happy the Patriots had Brady all these years instead of Manning.

:D