PDA

View Full Version : Kevin White

Titty Meat
02-22-2015, 03:11 AM
Guys I think he's a bigger risk than DGB. 1 very productive year at West Virginia. Guys from that school aren't very polished WR's.

Flame away.

Simply Red
02-22-2015, 07:48 AM
Guys I think he's a bigger risk than DGB. 1 very productive year at West Virginia. Guys from that school aren't very polished WR's.

Flame away.

http://i.imgur.com/nYXQFXs.gif

the Talking Can
02-22-2015, 08:21 AM
stupid doesn't burn

redshirt32
02-22-2015, 08:50 AM
I hope some team reaches and takes DGB before the Chiefs pick, to push down a better player that would make my draft day.

Hell id take Hardy before DGB any rd of the draft

Titty Meat
02-22-2015, 10:29 AM
stupid doesn't burn

signed the Aaron Murray fan

Bowser
02-22-2015, 10:53 AM
His 40 time with his height almost assuredly means he'll be gone before our pick. You can't coach height and speed.

If Tayvon Austin can go top 10, THIS guy should go top 10.

milkman
02-22-2015, 11:00 AM
He will be off the board well before the Chiefs pick, so why the hell do we give a rat's ass if he is a bigger risk?

Titty Meat
02-22-2015, 12:11 PM
He will be off the board well before the Chiefs pick, so why the hell do we give a rat's ass if he is a bigger risk?

Because this is the draft discussion section old man

Just Passin' By
02-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Troll thread?

Saccopoo
02-22-2015, 12:42 PM
White is interesting.

His game tape doesn't show the burst that his numbers do. (This can be said for a lot of guys every year though.) Most guys were thinking he'd be running a 4.5+ at the Combine. His 4.35 was a surprise to just about everyone because that level of speed does not show up on game day for White.

He doesn't appear to be overly quick off the line or out of his route breaks. He doesn't seem to be quick twitch but rather a smooth vertical guy.

And he's been in a system that allows for insane numbers from the WR position, though he only had 507 yards his junior year previous to his breakout 2014 season. Truly a one year wonder.

That being said, his combine numbers are ridiculous.

The Franchise
02-22-2015, 12:58 PM
So is this another Heyward-Bey vs. Crabtree situation for the Raiders?

Bowser
02-22-2015, 01:19 PM
So is this another Heyward-Bey vs. Crabtree situation for the Raiders?

No way they pass on Amari Cooper, though, right?

OldSchool
02-22-2015, 01:20 PM
White will go to the Raiders. The guy is a great WR prospect, took a dump on Bama in week 1 and never looked back.

Saccopoo
02-22-2015, 01:31 PM
White's 10 yard split wasn't as good as Coopers or Parkers. They are listing him at 1.66, which is among the slower 10 yard splits for WR's, which is interesting as his 4.35 is blazing.

Somewhat backs the strider versus quick receiver that everyone saw on game day.

kccrow
02-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Amari Cooper is pretty tough to pass on after he put up the numbers he did. White was great and all, but let's not act like Cooper was chopped liver.

Cooper: 6'1" 211, 10" hands, 4.42 40yd, 33" vertical, 120" broad, 6.71 3-cone, 3.98 20-shuttle. Keep in mind Cooper's 3-cone was 5th best this year. His shuttle was the 12th best in the last 10 years.

I'm a huge fan of White, but Cooper has had a bit more consistency and there are reasons he was rated the #1 receiver in this class before the track meet. Let's not forget he did have 124 catches for over 1700 yards and 16 TDs this season.

I hate guys suddenly jumping others based on a workout when the truth is the workouts weren't that much different. Cooper still has top-caliber speed and he's quicker. I'd take either one, but I'm not about to put White over Cooper.

OldSchool
02-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Amari Cooper is pretty tough to pass on after he put up the numbers he did. White was great and all, but let's not act like Cooper was chopped liver.

Cooper: 6'1" 211, 10" hands, 4.42 40yd, 33" vertical, 120" broad, 6.71 3-cone, 3.98 20-shuttle. Keep in mind Cooper's 3-cone was 5th best this year. His shuttle was the 12th best in the last 10 years.

I'm a huge fan of White, but Cooper has had a bit more consistency and there are reasons he was rated the #1 receiver in this class before the track meet. Let's not forget he did have 124 catches for over 1700 yards and 16 TDs this season.

I hate guys suddenly jumping others based on a workout when the truth is the workouts weren't that much different. Cooper still has top-caliber speed and he's quicker. I'd take either one, but I'm not about to put White over Cooper.
White is a lot bigger and better at catching through contact and attacking the ball. His hands are better as well.

saphojunkie
02-23-2015, 10:50 AM
I can't cite it anywhere, but I read a really interesting piece in the last couple years about WR prospects. There were a ton of great insights, but one of the biggest revelations was the unbelievable consistency of 1st round busts of WR who have ONE season of insane production in college.

Basically, guys who go for a couple hundred yards their whole career, then have one 1,200 11 TD season and get drafted.

Essentially... Kevin White.

Was I blown away by the combine? Yes. But statistically, you want Amari Cooper, not Kevin White.

Discuss Thrower
02-23-2015, 11:34 AM
I can't cite it anywhere, but I read a really interesting piece in the last couple years about WR prospects. There were a ton of great insights, but one of the biggest revelations was the unbelievable consistency of 1st round busts of WR who have ONE season of insane production in college.

Basically, guys who go for a couple hundred yards their whole career, then have one 1,200 11 TD season and get drafted.

Was I blown away by the combine? Yes. But statistically, you want Amari Cooper, not Kevin White.

:hmmm:

Chiefnj2
02-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Isn't DGB a one year wonder also?

kepp
02-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Isn't DGB a one year wonder also?

I wouldn't really classify his best year as a "wonder". He was gaining steam in Mizzou's system when he got booted.

ct
02-23-2015, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't really classify his best year as a "wonder". He was gaining steam in Mizzou's system when he got booted.

And what are the historical trends of players who sit out a year and go straight to the draft? I'd guess similar...

OldSchool
02-23-2015, 03:31 PM

You act like White was at WVU as a freshman and had zero playing time. The guy was a Junior transfer who improved tremendously from year 1 to year 2 in WVU's system. His first year there he had 35 catches for 507 yards and 5 TDs.

saphojunkie
02-23-2015, 05:28 PM
And what are the historical trends of players who sit out a year and go straight to the draft? I'd guess similar...

Robert Quinn seemed to do just fine.

Greg Little, not so much.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-24-2015, 01:18 PM
I hope some team reaches and takes DGB before the Chiefs pick, to push down a better player that would make my draft day.

Hell id take Hardy before DGB any rd of the draft

Hardy does look good after I saw his video. But isn't he projected round 3 ?

thabear04
02-24-2015, 01:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/post-nfl-combine-two-round-mock-draft-155706803.html

4. Oakland Raiders — West Virginia WR Kevin White

Our first mini-shocker. We’ve had this pick in mind prior to White’s incredible workout at the combine that invoked memories of Julio Jones. White’s ascension from junior-college afterthought to possible top-five pick might have some evaluators uneasy, but his physical prowess and wheels project him to being a top target.

redshirt32
02-24-2015, 01:41 PM
Hardy does look good after I saw his video. But isn't he projected round 3 ?

I would bet someone would take him in the second half of rd 2 based on his production alone. He runs kind of slow in the 40 but his 3 cone was tops in the combine.

He put up some stats numbers in only 3 years most receptions ever and 3 best ever in yardage thats saying something even it it was a smaller school.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
02-28-2015, 02:56 AM
The only scenario in which the Raiders don't take Cooper or White is if Leonard Williams slips to them, or if one of Mariota/Winston falls to them (in which case I would expect they trade down).