PDA

View Full Version : Philip Dorsett in the 2nd round?

kcbubb
02-22-2015, 08:48 AM
With CBs getting bigger these smaller WRs can dominate. See Ty Hilton and Antonio Brown. Dorset is a burner. But I like how fluid an athlete he is. As I was watching WRs run at the combine, many of them move their head a lot as they run. They are almost fighting as they run. This can be ok for an RB but WRs must track the ball in the air and if your head is jostling around, it is very difficult to do that. Dorsett is extremely smooth at full speed and looks like he has a turbo button. I think Dorsett has potential to grow as a WR. He has the burst to get separation for Alex Smith to make easy/safe throws.

I believe we should restructure and reduce Bowe's contract to keep him for at least one more year. Dorsett would be a good addition with Bowe & Kelce.

Saccopoo
02-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Lockett is a better receiver than Dorsett. Dorsett has hand/catch issues and wasn't ever truly featured as a receiver for the Hurricanes other than long vertical plays.

I'd take Lockett over Dorsett in the second easily.

Dante84
02-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Lockett

OldSchool
02-22-2015, 01:18 PM
I'd take Dorsett. Locket has tiny hands and less speed than Dorsett.

I'd take Agholor over either in the 2nd though, he's a less polished Amari Cooper in this draft class and a better prospect than Lee from last year.

Saccopoo
02-22-2015, 01:24 PM
I'd take Dorsett. Locket has tiny hands and less speed than Dorsett.

I'd take Agholor over either in the 2nd though, he's a less polished Amari Cooper in this draft class and a better prospect than Lee from last year.

West coast system is predicated on route running and Lockett is the best at that in this draft class. While his hand measurement isn't ideal, he's never had an issue with it at the college level. Great hand catcher. Is willing to scrap on running plays and has no problem going over the middle. Very football savvy.

Dorsett is a pure fly pattern/kick returner guy at this point.

Lockett would immediately be productive in the slot right from the get go.

Lockett easily.

kepp
02-25-2015, 03:48 PM
West coast system is predicated on route running and Lockett is the best at that in this draft class. While his hand measurement isn't ideal, he's never had an issue with it at the college level. Great hand catcher. Is willing to scrap on running plays and has no problem going over the middle. Very football savvy.

Dorsett is a pure fly pattern/kick returner guy at this point.

Lockett would immediately be productive in the slot right from the get go.

Lockett easily.

You know if a WR was productive in Snyder's offense, he has to be a good route runner.

kcbubb
02-26-2015, 09:08 AM
I don't know if Lockett is really the intimidating deep threat that we need. We need someone who can help open things up for the offense the way Martavis Bryant did for the steelers. I think Dorsett could develop into a better route runner and slot receiver, but in the short term, he could help open up the offense, just by forcing the defense to better defend the deep ball. In short, Lockett personal stats would be better than Dorsett's immediately, but the offense as a whole would be better with Dorsett.

ChiefMojo
02-26-2015, 09:20 AM
I'd prefer Lockett to be honest. Lockett is a good wide receiver for the short, intermediate and deep ball... not a one trick pony.

gonefishin53
02-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Because Lockett is so effective at taking a short pass and turning it into a big play, his double moves are killer good. Kelce and DAT split to one side, Harris and Lockett split to the other side, JC behind Alex in the pistol against a base defense. Get the Oline up to B- and this would be fun to watch.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Lockett

Out of the two Tyler wants to play here also, and that's a big contributing factor.

philfree
02-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Crazy idea I had.

Trade down and pick Dorsett and Lockett. Great route runner and a guy who can take it deep. :hmmm: Never happen but a cool idea.

kccrow
02-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Crazy idea I had.

Trade down and pick Dorsett and Lockett. Great route runner and a guy who can take it deep. :hmmm: Never happen but a cool idea.

Yes, 4 receivers on the team 5'10" or shorter, brilliant! :)

At least they'd all be pretty fast :hmmm:

philfree
02-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Yes, 4 receivers on the team 5'10" or shorter, brilliant! :)

At least they'd all be pretty fast :hmmm:

We need guys who can separate quickly at the snap.

philfree
02-28-2015, 11:30 AM
DGB in the 1st and Lockette in the 2nd then.