PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Beloved: Your Favorite Chiefs. Round 1, Heat 9. Receivers, Part 2

Rain Man
02-22-2015, 06:07 PM
This is the second of four heats involving receivers and tight ends. Revel in the history of Chiefs receivers, and vote for your three FAVORITES in this group. Not the best players, but your favorites, based on the field, off the field, personality, style, team loyalty, fashion sense, whatever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2015, 06:12 PM
You have to vote for Barnett just based on the 4th and Goal catch in the last home playoff win...21 fucking years ago.

lewdog
02-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Willie Fucking Davis!

Deberg_1990
02-22-2015, 06:14 PM
No love for Derrick Alexander?

lewdog
02-22-2015, 06:17 PM

Please vote the tab that states "I plan to question why some particular player isn't in this heat."

Hydrae
02-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Willie ****ing Davis!

Somehow I missed Davis. You can take my vote for Lake Dawson and move it to Willie Fucking Davis!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-22-2015, 06:23 PM

Dumbass

02-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Kennison
Dawson
Davis

I'm ashamed to have liked Boe. He'd be my 4th

Rain Man
02-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Interesting heat. I went with:

#1 - Stephone Paige. Easily my second-favorite receiver after Otis Taylor, and he's closer to Otis than one might think. Need a third-down conversion? Paige is your guy. Best third-down receiver we've ever had, back when we would actually throw the ball past the first-down marker. Plus, he had one of the greatest receiving games in NFL history.

#2 - Jason Dunn. Did he ever catch a pass for us? They probably should've just made him a tackle, and I think he was bigger than most of our linemen. Great, great blocker who had a lot to do with our offensive success. He was a pretty unique player, which I really liked.

#3 - Danan Hughes. There are other more accomplished receivers on the list, but Hughes may have been our best gunner ever on special teams. This guy was a return-stopping machine. When he and McNair and Bennie Thompson were at the top of their game, special teams was a blast to watch. It was guys like Hughes who brought attitude to the Marty-era defenses.

I feel terrible not voting for Willie Davis, who had one of the finest regular season moments in Chiefs history. It was nip and tuck between him and Hughes.

And speaking of finest moments, wasn't Tim Barnett the fellow who caught the fourth-down touchdown against the Steelers in the playoffs? That'll buy you some free meals in Kansas City, I bet.

And my apologies to the Fred and Franks of the poll. I've heard good things, but you were a little before my time.

Edit: I missed Kennison. While he doesn't quite make my top three, he's close. I loved the fact that he left the cheating Broncos and came to the good guys.

lewdog
02-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Boerigter, Kennison and Davis. I just loved Boerigter for some reason. Maybe solely on name alone.

Rain Man
02-22-2015, 06:45 PM
When I mentioned Bennie Thompson, I wanted to see if he was in the tournament. He's not because he was only in KC for two years, but I found this interesting story. I probably knew about it when it happened, but didn't remember it now:

http://www.si.com/vault/1998/02/02/238066/presumed-guilty-when-the-three-year-old-son-and-former-wife-of-nfl-special-teams-star-bennie-thompson-were-savagely-murdered-the-night-before-the-pro-bowl-police-were-sure-they-had-another-oj-on-their-hands

JohnnyHammersticks
02-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Good lord. When you reflect on the shitbag group of WRs and QBs who the Chiefs have trotted out over the last 40 years, it seems fitting that it all culminated in a ZERO TD season.

I'd say we have nowhere to go from ZERO but up....if I actually believed it.

ThaVirus
02-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Boerigter, Kennison and Davis. I just loved Boerigter for some reason. Maybe solely on skin tone alone.

FYP.

02-22-2015, 07:15 PM
FYP.

Joe Phillips better win this damn tournament

Nightfyre
02-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Are these heats randomly numbered or have I just missed out on some of these?

Rain Man
02-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Are these heats randomly numbered or have I just missed out on some of these?

Well, Heat 8 was randomly numbered as Heat 6, in part due to my error and in part to shake off pursuers. But the rest are floating around.

TimBone
02-22-2015, 11:23 PM
If you enjoyed the Chiefs offensive success during the Vermeil Era, you should be voting for Jason Dunn.

Imon Yourside
02-23-2015, 01:29 AM
Anthony Hancock got no votes? rigged

Imon Yourside
02-23-2015, 01:29 AM
If you enjoyed the Chiefs offensive success during the Vermeil Era, you should be voting for Jason Dunn.

Probably the biggest dude i've ever seen in my life.

Imon Yourside
02-23-2015, 01:30 AM
How can anyone not vote Stephone Paige? Dude was nails..he could even catch the wounded ducks Bill Kenney was firing.

Imon Yourside
02-23-2015, 01:41 AM
When I mentioned Bennie Thompson, I wanted to see if he was in the tournament. He's not because he was only in KC for two years, but I found this interesting story. I probably knew about it when it happened, but didn't remember it now:

http://www.si.com/vault/1998/02/02/238066/presumed-guilty-when-the-three-year-old-son-and-former-wife-of-nfl-special-teams-star-bennie-thompson-were-savagely-murdered-the-night-before-the-pro-bowl-police-were-sure-they-had-another-oj-on-their-hands

WOW thanks for sharing...what a horrible ordeal man....Poor Bennie..I LOVED THAT GUY. He did the Doggie style on MNF and got us into trouble.

oldman
02-23-2015, 11:51 AM
Fred Arbanas was what a TE ought to be. Tough, a good blocker, and had good hands. Every time I see one of our "stars" drop one, I know Freddy would have had it, even if he did only have one eye.

Rain Man
02-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Fred Arbanas was what a TE ought to be. Tough, a good blocker, and had good hands. Every time I see one of our "stars" drop one, I know Freddy would have had it, even if he did only have one eye.

He's making a run at Willie Davis for the #3 spot. More people remember him than I would've thought. He was before my time, but it seems to me that he was something of a fan favorite in his day.

suzzer99
02-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Eddie Kinneson crushing Arbanas is just sad. I get that you never saw him play, but know your history a little.

gblowfish
02-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Fred Arbanas was the greatest Tight End in KC history before this guy wearing 88 came along.

Frank Pitts ran a couple of great reverses in Super Bowl IV. Was the other side receiver from Otis Taylor, very talented guy.

Stephone Paige at one time held the all time NFL yards mark for a single game vs. San Diego. We could really use him now.

gblowfish
02-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Eddie Kinneson crushing Arbanas is just sad. I get that you never saw him play, but know your history a little.

Arbanas lost an eye in a bar fight early in his career. He played a receiver position with sight in only one eye. Amazingly tough guy, and settled in KC as a Jackson County legislator. Good man, good Kansas Citian.

FloridaMan88
02-23-2015, 01:28 PM
If we are looking at just the past 20 years or so then I'll say Joe Horn.

Imagine the Chiefs offense if they had kept Joe Horn and Rich Gannon.

Rain Man
02-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Okay, Stephone, Eddie K, and Willie D move on.