PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Benardrick McKinney over Justin Houston?

OldSchool
02-23-2015, 02:49 PM
This dude seems to think it's a possibility. Is the FO dumb enough to do it?

Just saw this on Rotoworld:

The Kansas City Chiefs are "considering" Mississippi State ILB Benardrick McKinney "as a possible replacement for Justin Houston," according to TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline.
"I presently rank Benardrick McKinney at outside linebacker and so do a number of teams. Sources tell me the Kansas City Chiefs are considering McKinney as a possible replacement for Justin Houston who they may lose in free agency," Pauline writes. If the Chiefs aren't willing to open the bank for Justin Houston, they may have to look towards the draft to fill a major need. However, it looks like the Chiefs are thinking that they could utilize McKinney's combination of size, length and athleticism as an OLB.

The Franchise
02-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Lolwut?

Mr. Laz
02-23-2015, 02:51 PM
They might draft someone and tag Houston for a year.

seems to be the way Dorsey works

Bufkin
02-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Come home to Atlanta Justin. We miss you. Come to daddy.

ChiefsCountry
02-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Is the FO dumb enough to do it?

They were dumb enough to bring your love interest Alex Smith here and give him a big contract.

Nightfyre
02-23-2015, 02:54 PM
That makes zero sense to me, but okay.

Iowanian
02-23-2015, 02:56 PM
The head scratcher is that Houston is an OLB and McKinney is an INSIDE Lb.

If the statement was McKinney as a replacement for Johnson, who is over 30 and had an injury, it makes more sense.

warrior
02-23-2015, 02:57 PM
Wonder what kind of weed Tony smokes LOL

ChiTown
02-23-2015, 02:57 PM
Get the **** out of here with that shit. LMAO

TimBone
02-23-2015, 02:58 PM
Dumb

jonzie04
02-23-2015, 03:04 PM
a possible replacement for dj? maybe... but houston lol. i mean i suppose mckinney could play 3-4 olb, but itd be foolish to put him there. but from where hell be drafted it would be moronic to draft him to play olb. there are much better options in this draft, but even then we could probably trade our souls for the first 5 picks, and draft the top 5 pass rushers in this class. and it would still be very unlikely that any of them become 20+ sack per year guys and are great overall. just doesn't make any sense to let him go in my opinion

gonefishin53
02-23-2015, 03:12 PM
Click bait for TeePee's twitter account.

O.city
02-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Pretty sure they meant foe dj and just fubarred it up

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-23-2015, 03:16 PM

Chief Roundup
02-23-2015, 03:19 PM
That seems pretty made up to me. If there was going to be a propaganda started about us replacing Houston with a draft pick it should be Vic Beasley or Nate Orchard.

KCUnited
02-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Guys, I did a Google search and it turns out the Chiefs are still in the NFL, you owe me $10, Chad. We need to at least put something out there on the site for them. Tony, get me something on the Chiefs, anything, make it up if you have to.

Jim Lahey
02-23-2015, 03:29 PM
It's so fucked that people get paid to spew stupid shit like this. Jesus Christ.

Strongside
02-23-2015, 03:31 PM
This is hilarity.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 03:31 PM
They might draft someone and tag Houston for a year.

seems to be the way Dorsey works

:spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-23-2015, 03:34 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1756199/charo-o.gif

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 03:37 PM
The head scratcher is that Houston is an OLB and McKinney is an INSIDE Lb.

If the statement was McKinney as a replacement for Johnson, who is over 30 and had an injury, it makes more sense.

Yep

Bufkin
02-23-2015, 03:39 PM
The Chiefs should offer Houston 300,000 for 15 percent equity, contingent on him getting a deal with Target. No way is Mark Cuban matching that.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 03:41 PM
The Chiefs should offer Houston 300,000 for 15 percent equity, contingent on him getting a deal with Target. No way is Mark Cuban matching that.

I see what you did there, Shark...

RealSNR
02-23-2015, 03:43 PM
"Sources tell me"

Hey guys, my name is Mr. Pauline, and sources that I don't want to name for their own protection are telling me that your wives are fucking sheep while you're at work and using your favorite shirts to wipe up the poop and vaginal secretions.

stumppy
02-23-2015, 04:19 PM
"Sources tell me"

Hey guys, my name is Mr. Pauline, and sources that I don't want to name for their own protection are telling me that your wives are fucking sheep while you're at work and using your favorite shirts to wipe up the poop and vaginal secretions.

At least they're finally cleaning something.

Kman34
02-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Houston is not going anywhere... Our Defense won't function without him applying the pressure..

RealSNR
02-23-2015, 04:36 PM
This thread and this report is a giant abortion. McKinney is a MLB who had trouble tracking the ball in college. He couldn't cover very well, either. What the fuck is he going to do in the pros?

Apparently play OLB, which requires you to do those two things he sucked at and also rush the passer, which he wasn't asked to do ever.

Seriously, I can make shit up with the best of these guys. Why do I not write about football on the internet for a living? Did I not suck the right dicks in college, or what?

Mr. Laz
02-23-2015, 04:39 PM
:spock:

Albert -- Fisher
Hali -- Ford

Discuss Thrower
02-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Albert > Fisher
Hali > Ford

Hence why I'd wager money on Phillips being the pick if he's on the board at 18. Gets a year to get ready to replace Poe.

malachi47000
02-23-2015, 04:51 PM
"“Like I’ve said all along, I envision Justin being a Chief,” Dorsey said when asked if the franchise tag is likely in lieu of a deal."

http://www.chatsports.com/kansas-city-chiefs/a/Chiefs-GM-John-Dorsey-addresses-Justin-Houston-other-free-agents-and-backup-quarterbacks-0-11158464

Urc Burry
02-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Hence why I'd wager money on Phillips being the pick if he's on the board at 18. Gets a year to get ready to replace Poe.

Poe is not going anywhere. He's going into the 4th year, and we can still use the 5th year option on him which is a no brainer

He replaced Albert and Hali who were both around 30 on 10 mil/yr deals. Not a dominating 25ish year old NT

Mr. Laz
02-23-2015, 04:57 PM
"“Like I’ve said all along, I envision Justin being a Chief,” Dorsey said when asked if the franchise tag is likely in lieu of a deal."

http://www.chatsports.com/kansas-city-chiefs/a/Chiefs-GM-John-Dorsey-addresses-Justin-Houston-other-free-agents-and-backup-quarterbacks-0-11158464
He can envision all he wants, if Houston is expecting J.J. Watt money then the Chiefs have a real problem.

Mr. Laz
02-23-2015, 05:00 PM
nah, more likely to draft to replace Bowe,DJ or Sean Smith

geez we have tons of guys to draft for

Holes opening up faster than we can fill them

If Houston wants J.J. Watt money then we probably have another big hole to fill.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Albert -- Fisher
Hali -- Ford

How else do you replace aging players?

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 05:21 PM

Poe is not an aging player.

Discuss Thrower
02-23-2015, 05:22 PM

Won't be enough money to keep him..

Urc Burry
02-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Won't be enough money to keep him..

False.

Chief Roundup
02-23-2015, 05:44 PM
He can envision all he wants, if Houston is expecting J.J. Watt money then the Chiefs have a real problem.

I don't think that Houston will get a $16M a year average contract that Watt is getting but I do think he will get one that averages every bit of $15M a year average. Only $20M of Watts $100M deal is fully guaranteed.
The way they did it costs them heavy in 2015 for him but beyond that his contract is very friendly. He is only actually going to be counting for a little over $12M a year after 2015.

Mr. Laz
02-23-2015, 06:54 PM
How else do you replace aging players?

Albert was aging?

Eleazar
02-23-2015, 06:56 PM
Well, we know that we can safely disregard anything "TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline" has to say in the future.

Eleazar
02-23-2015, 06:57 PM

Technically, they're all aging.

Rausch
02-23-2015, 06:57 PM
You don't let a 22 sack guy go. Period...

Urc Burry
02-23-2015, 06:58 PM
Albert was aging?

He was turning 30 that year and still to this date he has only had 1 season where he has played in all 16 games. So yes.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Albert was aging?

I was in favor of keeping Albert, but he was going to be 29 that season and they didn't want to give him huge contract. I understand why they did it. They saved money.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Technically, they're all aging.

:)

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 07:02 PM
You don't let a 22 sack guy go. Period...

And in other news, water is wet...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Albert on IR/Bench>>>>>Fisher on field.

Rausch
02-23-2015, 07:12 PM
And in other news, water is wet...

I'm the biggest Dorsey basher on here but no NFL GM is dumb enough to have a talent like Houston, not use the tag or try to lock him up long term, and just say "fuck it, I'll draft someone else. Too expensive."

The Franchise
02-23-2015, 07:15 PM
I'm the biggest Dorsey basher on here but no NFL GM is dumb enough to have a talent like Houston, not use the tag or try to lock him up long term, and just say "fuck it, I'll draft someone else. Too expensive."

Exactly. He'll be here next season....guaranteed.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 07:18 PM

Yeah, I think Tony is an idiot.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 07:20 PM
If Dorsey doesn't at least tag Houston and just let's him walk, I'll be done with Dorsey. Inexcusable.

No way that happens.

Ming the Merciless
02-23-2015, 07:21 PM
of course

because we are the chuefs

Rausch
02-23-2015, 07:21 PM
If Dorsey doesn't at least tag Houston and just let's him walk, I'll be done with Dorsey. Inexcusable.

No way that happens.

He will. I'm not worried about that.

I'm worried about fucking up his long term deal. Guy plays out his contract year, stays healthy, almost breaks the single season sack record and...we tag him.

I can see how that would piss a player off. If we don't want to pay him top money there are teams out there that will.

I just don't want us to fuck this up like we did with the Jared Allen situation...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-23-2015, 07:22 PM

I would SO fucking laugh if this went down.

No one at every single Trufus Dawes web page would be safe. I'd make that poor bastard from 'Chief Concerns' have a breakdown in his closet.

Mr. Laz
02-23-2015, 07:30 PM
I was in favor of keeping Albert, but he was going to be 29 that season and they didn't want to give him huge contract. I understand why they did it. They saved money.
unreal

You guys were just furious when Albert was on the way out

burn-the-place down furious

Now that you are on your defend Dorsey kick, it's all good.

What's totally hilarious is that you don't even give a shit about Dorsey, you just want to argue with me. LMAO

SO FAR .................. Dorsey has pretty much been shit. About the only thing he has done well is dig through the trash heap.

This is his offseason to change that. He better not fuck it up.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 07:33 PM
He will. I'm not worried about that.

I'm worried about fucking up his long term deal. Guy plays out his contract year, stays healthy, almost breaks the single season sack record and...we tag him.

I can see how that would piss a player off. If we don't want to pay him top money there are teams out there that will.

I just don't want us to fuck this up like we did with the Jared Allen situation...

I think the Allen situation was very different. He wanted out and Peterson didn't want to pay him.

I think it's completely mutual with the Chiefs and Houston about staying long-term.

Rausch
02-23-2015, 07:37 PM
I think the Allen situation was very different. He wanted out and Peterson didn't want to pay him.

I think it's completely mutual with the Chiefs and Houston about staying long-term.

It was a completely different situation.

That said it's the only top talent on our team we didn't lock up early...

tecumseh
02-23-2015, 07:37 PM
Not gonna happen. However, I share Rausch's concerns about the deal they do offer Houston.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 07:39 PM
Dorsey's been shit LOL

Why? Because he hasn't done exactly what you want him to do? Are you a 12 yr old girl?

I'm not thrilled with everything that's been done the last 2 years, but I feel much better about the future of this team now than I did under the last 2 seasons under Pioli.

Mr. Laz
02-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Not gonna happen. However, I share Rausch's concerns about the deal they do offer Houston.
??

If they fuck up the deal they offer it WILL happen in some fashion.

I will be very surprised if Houston isn't asking for HUGE coin.

The fact that he hasn't signed yet means is he is asking for HUGE,HUGE coin. imo.

They would have signed him to an extension already if he wasn't wanting to be pay like a top 3 defensive player in the league.

Iconic
02-23-2015, 07:41 PM
McKinney is not a proper replacement for anything period. The thought of drafting him alone makes me want to puke, but to get him to fucking release Houston? GTFO.

I'll lose all faith in this regime if they manage a colossal fuck up like this. Draft Perryman, resign Houston, let DJ walk, and use his cap hit on Houston if $$ is that big of an issue. JFC.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 07:44 PM
??

If they fuck of the deal they offer it WILL happen in some fashion.

I will be very surprised if Houston isn't asking for HUGE coin.

The fact that he hasn't signed yet means is he is asking for HUGE,HUGE coin. imo.

They would have signed him to an extension already if he wasn't wanting to be pay like a top 3 defensive player in the league.

It's contract negotiations. They tend to go to the 11th hour. The Tag Deadline is a week away, yet.

tecumseh
02-23-2015, 07:47 PM
unreal

You guys were just furious when Albert was on the way out

burn-the-place down furious

Now that you are on your defend Dorsey kick, it's all good.

What's totally hilarious is that you don't even give a shit about Dorsey, you just want to argue with me. LMAO

SO FAR .................. Dorsey has pretty much been shit. About the only thing he has done well is dig through the trash heap.

This is his offseason to change that. He better not **** it up.

I think he's off to a good start. Showing Avery and Jenkins the door. He tried for Sanders last year and I thought he would try for Austin but I guess he thought the above named could do the job. Wrong. So looking forward to off season acquisitions.

The Franchise
02-23-2015, 07:51 PM
McKinney is not a proper replacement for anything period. The thought of drafting him alone makes me want to puke, but to get him to fucking release Houston? GTFO.

I'll lose all faith in this regime if they manage a colossal fuck up like this. Draft Perryman, resign Houston, let DJ walk, and use his cap hit on Houston if $$ is that big of an issue. JFC.

Perryman is worthless.

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 07:53 PM
I think he's off to a good start. Showing Avery and Jenkins the door. He tried for Sanders last year and I thought he would try for Austin but I guess he thought the above named could do the job. Wrong. So looking forward to off season acquisitions.

Nope. Dorsey botched the Sanders deal.

Had nothing to do with his shady agent that other GMs complained about.

At least, that is what some here would have you believe...

O.city
02-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Why wouldn't Houston want to be paid like a top 3 defensive player? He is in fact a top 3 defensive player

Easy 6
02-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Its that time of year, this is only the beginning of the utterly baseless nonsense fashioned out of unicorn shit to come.

mdchiefsfan
02-23-2015, 08:01 PM

nah, more likely to draft to replace Bowe,DJ or Sean Smith

geez we have tons of guys to draft for

Holes opening up faster than we can fill them

If Houston wants J.J. Watt money then we probably have another big hole to fill.

But what happens if Houston wants JJ Watt money? :D

BigMeatballDave
02-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Its that time of year, this is only the beginning of the utterly baseless nonsense fashioned out of unicorn shit to come.

Unicorn LMAO

tecumseh
02-23-2015, 08:03 PM
Nope. Dorsey botched the Sanders deal.

Had nothing to do with his shady agent that other GMs complained about.

At least, that is what some here would have you believe...

I still have my doubts. Not like he has a stellar track record. I'm not solid with the Chiefs cap cash, however, I always want a bigger free agency push. I know, I know...don't build a team on FA's, but Dorcey could have garnered a better WR corps than the crap attack he fielded last season.

MMXcalibur
02-23-2015, 08:05 PM
I would literally start burning my Chiefs shit.

LITERALLY.

Mr. Laz
02-23-2015, 08:05 PM

like i said, if Houston wants Watt type coin then we have a really big problem and another big hole to fill next year.

assuming at least a one year franchise tag

:)

RealSNR
02-23-2015, 08:06 PM

Allen wanted to stay here.

Carl Peterson thought Allen's DUIs meant he could pay him less. Allen said, "Fuck you, I haven't had a drop of alcohol in a year, give me money." So Carl traded him.

Iconic
Perryman is worthless.

Lol the most pro ready 34 MLB in this class is worthless to us... okay bro.

Sweet Daddy Hate

The meltdowns shall be passed on in oral histories for millennia to come.

tecumseh

Then work on his recieving skills.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Allen wanted to stay here.

Carl Peterson thought Allen's DUIs meant he could pay him less. Allen said, "Fuck you, I haven't had a drop of alcohol in a year, give me money." So Carl traded him.

Mmm...he had sobriety, but not the serenity it seems...

RealSNR
02-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Perryman is worthless.

You don't think he'll be okay? He's basically the only ILB I'd be remotely comfortable with drafting if we traded down out of our 1st rounder or got him in the 2nd.

Everybody else sucks dick and should only be looked at with our 3rd rounders and later.

In58men
02-23-2015, 08:08 PM
This would be great. The meltdown would be epic. Not only would we let Houston go, we have the Alex Smith to look forward to.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-23-2015, 08:20 PM
This would be great. The meltdown would be epic. Not only would we let Houston go, we have the Alex Smith to look forward to.

I KNOW, RIGHT???

In58men
02-23-2015, 08:25 PM
I KNOW, RIGHT???

I can seriously see this happening. I honestly wouldn't be shocked, it'll be just like any other offseason.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-23-2015, 08:32 PM
I can seriously see this happening. I honestly wouldn't be shocked, it'll be just like any other offseason.

I plant the flag and die on the following hill:

The Smith extension is what kills this entire regime.

b00m.

rtmike
02-23-2015, 08:47 PM
This thread and this report is a giant abortion. McKinney is a MLB who had trouble tracking the ball in college. He couldn't cover very well, either. What the **** is he going to do in the pros?

Apparently play OLB, which requires you to do those two things he sucked at and also rush the passer, which he wasn't asked to do ever.

Seriously, I can make shit up with the best of these guys. Why do I not write about football on the internet for a living? Did I not suck the right dicks in college, or what?

Why are you releasing this to the public?

I just sent you $50 for next months rumors & speculation, you'd think you could at least keep some of this on the hush... :mad: I'll most likely be cancelling at least March until you tighten up the leaks.

Red Dawg
02-23-2015, 08:51 PM
What a joke.

The Franchise
02-23-2015, 08:55 PM
You don't think he'll be okay? He's basically the only ILB I'd be remotely comfortable with drafting if we traded down out of our 1st rounder or got him in the 2nd.

Everybody else sucks dick and should only be looked at with our 3rd rounders and later.

I think he's being overrated as a 1st rounder right now.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-23-2015, 10:37 PM
This is as dumb as the people here thinking Delerium Tremens hits free agency.

In58men
02-23-2015, 10:38 PM
This is as dumb as the people here thinking Demarious Thomas hits free agency.

Who's Demarious Thomas?

Pasta Little Brioni
02-23-2015, 10:40 PM
Who's Demarious Thomas?

Fixed

Discuss Thrower
02-23-2015, 10:45 PM
This is as dumb as the people here thinking Delerium Tremens hits free agency.

Delerium Tremens wouldn't fit KC's scheme.

Kind of like how important Jack Schitt was to the Royals' after the trade deadline.

In58men
02-23-2015, 10:45 PM
Fixed

Thank you I was confused for a minute. If Broncos do release Delerium Tremens I think he'll end up in Minnesota for some reason. Just my opinion though.

mcaj22
02-23-2015, 11:50 PM
It was a completely different situation.

That said it's the only top talent on our team we didn't lock up early...

only? they are about to run into this problem with Poe too

Rausch
02-24-2015, 12:37 AM
The meltdowns shall be passed on in oral histories for millennia to come.

If this retarded $#it happens I will be less forgiving of you than Bruce Willis in Looper...

Rausch
02-24-2015, 12:40 AM
only? they are about to run into this problem with Poe too

Poe isn't fucking rotated. It makes him useless late in the year and late in games...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-24-2015, 05:14 AM
Thank you I was confused for a minute. If Broncos do release Delerium Tremens I think he'll end up in Minnesota for some reason. Just my opinion though.

He's already on the roster at QB.

Rausch
02-24-2015, 05:35 AM
He's already on the roster at QB.

Starting...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Starting...

this.:shake: