PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Your Favorite Chiefs. Round 1, Heat 11. Running Backs, Part 2

Rain Man
02-24-2015, 11:26 AM
This is the second and final heat of halfbacks and fullbacks. Relive the greatness of our rock toters, and vote for your three FAVORITES in this group. Not the best players, but your favorites, based on the field, off the field, personality, style, team loyalty, fashion sense, similarity to adorable kittens, whatever.

Rain Man
02-24-2015, 11:34 AM
My picks:

#1 - Jamaal Charles. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, he's exciting to watch, and he's the best running back who ever played the game. I like that kind of player.

#2 - Kimble Anders. It's not his fault that Paul Hackett was terrible, and he was a good do-it-all back. I felt terrible that he finally got his chance to be the main ball carrier and then blew out his achilles in the first game in that role.

#3 - Robert Holmes. He was before my time so I don't remember ever seeing him play, but have you ever watched this guy on highlight films? That dude had a motor. He was always running at full speed and always doing something positive. Witness the famous Otis Taylor lateral play. Otis catches a long ball and is downfield when a defender grabs him and ties him, but can't bring him down. Who's the only other player in the area? The fullback, Robert Holmes. Otis laterals it to him and he scores.

wazu
02-24-2015, 11:40 AM
You sold me on Holmes. Actually I was gonna vote for him anyway on the off chance he was related to Priest.

Rain Man
02-24-2015, 11:41 AM
You sold me on Holmes. Actually I was gonna vote for him anyway on the off chance he was related to Priest.

Maybe he is. I've never thought about it.

Rain Man
02-24-2015, 11:45 AM
I forgot my honorable mentions.

Ed Podolak. He was a star when I was nine so I liked him, but truthfully he was pretty average on the field. No offense.

Wendell Hayes. He was the fullback when I was nine. See above. Every player is your favorite when you're eight.

MacArthur Lane. I don't know why, but I always liked him as a Packer and was excited when he became a Chief. He didn't do all that much for us, but I liked him.

Herman Heard. Surprisingly effective skinny running back for a few years.

Otter
02-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Priest? I voted to complain.

Dartgod
02-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Hey, hey! You, you! Get off of Mike Cloud!

Nightfyre
02-24-2015, 11:49 AM
That's all well and good, but where is Heat 10?

Rain Man
02-24-2015, 12:14 PM
That's all well and good, but where is Heat 10?

I store it here during the winter months:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290827

Nightfyre
02-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Thanks!

Rain Man
02-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Okay, Jamaal, Kimble, and Podolak move on.

loochy
02-26-2015, 11:44 AM
I voted for Harvey Williams because giraffe neck.

Kman34
02-26-2015, 11:44 AM
I forgot my honorable mentions.

Ed Podolak. He was a star when I was nine so I liked him, but truthfully he was pretty average on the field. No offense.

Wendell Hayes. He was the fullback when I was nine. See above. Every player is your favorite when you're eight.

MacArthur Lane. I don't know why, but I always liked him as a Packer and was excited when he became a Chief. He didn't do all that much for us, but I liked him.

Herman Heard. Surprisingly effective skinny running back for a few years.

Podolak was a reluctant vote for me....Seems like he was always fumbling the ball....

oldman
02-26-2015, 03:33 PM
JC and Kimble Anders were pretty easy. I went with Curtis McClinton for my 3rd. He was tough and smart as well as a pretty class act guy. I believe he still lives in KC.

Rausch
02-26-2015, 04:23 PM
Kimble Anders would have beasted out in today's NFL.

He was a crushing blocker, could catch, and the only game he ever got the HB role he ran for like 198 yards.

He was WAY before his time...