PDA

View Full Version : News Bully beats local boy to near death

tooge
02-25-2015, 10:13 AM
So, this is in my back yard. My kids go to a different school, but I'm sure they know some of this kids classmates. The 8th grader was reportedly about 200 lbs. Please, please, please, someone, anyone, get the name of this 8th grade kid out there. Liberty needs a blanket party for this family and the kid. Punk!

http://www.kctv5.com/story/28192510/boy-with-asbergers-syndrome-in-hospital-for-5-days-after-attack-at-school

Eleazar
02-25-2015, 10:14 AM
Again?

kcchiefsus
02-25-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm not a father yet but I can only imagine when I am some day the restraint it would take to keep from finding a punk who did something like this to my son or daughter and ending their life.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm going to guess now that the bully probably has some shitbag parents.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm not a father yet but I can only imagine when I am some day the restraint it would take to keep from finding a punk who did something like this to my son or daughter and ending their life.

I would end up in jail.

tooge
02-25-2015, 10:21 AM
I'm really hoping some local kids avenge the kid. Oh, and sorry if repost. I didn't see it.

srvy
02-25-2015, 10:30 AM
I saw this on the news this morning made my blood boil. Liberty School District has some reviewing of there policy. The Mother had complained about this particular kid yet it appears no action was taken.

Imon Yourside
02-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Pretty crappy, the bully needs some good old fashioned tough love parenting but will probably get the us against the world treatment from his parents.

In58men
02-25-2015, 10:32 AM
"He had a fractured skull and jaw, was leaking spinal fluid and bleeding from his ear."

Son of a bitch, I would flip the fuck out if that was my kid getting beat up. I would beat that kids ass and his dads. Fuck both of them.

tomahawk kid
02-25-2015, 10:35 AM
This story is just insane.

I’m always fascinated by (what seems to be) a consistent approach by administrators to do little to stop bullying complaints until something really awful happens.

Now the district will get their collective keisters sued off and everything will go on lockdown.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 10:39 AM
I would have to kill a kid. This is one of my biggest fears with my 3 daughters. My oldest has epilepsy and I know how mean kids can be. Middle school is going to be fucking rough for me.

In58men
02-25-2015, 10:41 AM
I would have to kill a kid. This is one of my biggest fears with my 3 daughters. My oldest has epilepsy and I know how mean kids can be. Middle school is going to be ****ing rough for me.

I couldn't imagine the stress level your feeling. **** I was worried when my step son when to school the first time with ****ing braces. I had to explain to him that kids might say some mean things. He was like "why". I was getting pissed just talking about it lol.

TribalElder
02-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Picking on a kid with ass burgers

Filthy cocksuckers

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 10:44 AM
I couldn't imagine the stress level your feeling. **** I was worried when my step son when to school the first time with ****ing braces. I had to explain to him that kids might say some mean things. He was like "why". I was getting pissed just talking about it lol.

I know you're supposed to let them handle it themselves but I can remember what it was like being bulled in middle school just because I was overweight. It ever gets close to what happened in this story and I won't just write a fucking letter.

PizzaDoughz
02-25-2015, 10:45 AM

I don't think braces are a big deal anymore. I've never seen anyone get picked on for it, and in fact a lot of guys loved girls with braces

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 10:46 AM
I don't think braces are a big deal anymore. I've never seen anyone get picked on for it, and in fact a lot of guys loved girls with braces

Maybe in high school but in middle school they'll latch onto anything.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2015, 10:48 AM
If I ever bullied a kid my dad would have beaten my ass good.

My son is short for his age, and skinny. Only 5'4". He's 16, and I worry about him because I know how mean kids can be. The positive is he runs Cross Country and track, so he can out run most bullies. :)

ModSocks
02-25-2015, 10:49 AM
Nope nope noppity nope.

There would be hell to pay.

SAUTO
02-25-2015, 10:49 AM
holy fuck

RunKC
02-25-2015, 10:50 AM
This is terrible.

I can't even imagine. I feel like if I ever had a little girl I would be stressed the fuck out 24/7

tomahawk kid
02-25-2015, 10:51 AM
If I ever bullied a kid my dad would have beaten my ass good.

Mine too. I suspect that aspect was missing in this particular bully's home life.

ModSocks
02-25-2015, 10:55 AM
Mine too. I suspect that aspect was missing in this particular bully's home life.

I bet it's not. I bet that kid gets bullied plenty at home.

That aggression comes from somewhere.

In58men
02-25-2015, 10:55 AM
I know you're supposed to let them handle it themselves but I can remember what it was like being bulled in middle school just because I was overweight. It ever gets close to what happened in this story and I won't just write a ****ing letter.

As you may already heard from Bowser, I have a huge head. I was picked on quite a bit. It'll all stopped my sophomore year. Finally grew a pair and gave a kid a what fer after school.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 10:59 AM
I bet it's not. I bet that kid gets bullied plenty at home.

That aggression comes from somewhere.

He's an 8th grader and he's 200 lbs. I guarantee you that this kid gets bullied for his weight and he just turned around and found someone weaker than him to pick on.

stevieray
02-25-2015, 11:14 AM
but criime rates are down!

....it's unbelievable how violent our schools are getting..average of two school shootings a year since Columbine('99)

thabear04
02-25-2015, 11:20 AM
I hope that 200lbs kid gets a beating from someone else.

Eleazar
02-25-2015, 11:21 AM
It's insane that the school district heard about this and didn't do anything.

How many sad cases like this do schools have to hear about before they take bullying seriously?

stevieray
02-25-2015, 11:31 AM
It's insane that the school district heard about this and didn't do anything.

How many sad cases like this do schools have to hear about before they take bullying seriously?

don't you swat my kids ass!

temper11
02-25-2015, 11:34 AM
This is going to be a really unpopular post here, but my brother is an administrator at a middle school and talks all the time about the fact that there really isn't anything they can do unless they actually catch the accused bully in the act. A letter from parents isn't enough for them to take action or they get sued by the accused bully's parents. Many people want to blame the school administration, but it's really the lawyers that are calling the shots on what can and can't be done. Administrators have their hands tied until they actually catch the act in progress. I've got 4 kids ranging in ages 6 to 17 so elementary school, middle school and high school. I've got at least one kid in each of them right now. I teach my kids to stand up for other kids who are being bullied. Get their friends to stand up with them. Make bullying unpopular for the bully. I didn't get bullied but I wish I'd have stood up more for kids that did. I was in position to do so on occasion (just teasing stuff) and didn't do enough to put a stop to it.

Sure-Oz
02-25-2015, 11:37 AM
This kid suspended indefinitely or what? Parents def need to get a lawsuit going

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 11:38 AM
This is going to be a really unpopular post here, but my brother is an administrator at a middle school and talks all the time about the fact that there really isn't anything they can do unless they actually catch the accused bully in the act. A letter from parents isn't enough for them to take action or they get sued by the accused bully's parents. Many people want to blame the school administration, but it's really the lawyers that are calling the shots on what can and can't be done. Administrators have their hands tied until they actually catch the act in progress. I've got 4 kids ranging in ages 6 to 17 so elementary school, middle school and high school. I've got at least one kid in each of them right now. I teach my kids to stand up for other kids who are being bullied. Get their friends to stand up with them. Make bullying unpopular for the bully. I didn't get bullied but I wish I'd have stood up more for kids that did. I was in position to do so on occasion (just teasing stuff) and didn't do enough to put a stop to it.

Guess what they can do? Keep an eye on the kid.

Pepe Silvia
02-25-2015, 11:41 AM
If those parents defended their kid I bet you those fuckers would take action then. :(

temper11
02-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Guess what they can do? Keep an eye on the kid.

Not being argumentative... but they get many letters or calls about many kids bullying. They can't put tails on all of them. So in football terms they "play zone" not "man to man". Again - I'm not being argumentative. I just know my brother and I know he would do anything he could to protect his students. He gets a ton of crap from parents who's kids have been bullied trying to blame him personally.

The answer probably lies in technology. More cameras everywhere. Then people will bitch about privacy.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 11:46 AM
Not being argumentative... but they get many letters or calls about many kids bullying. They can't put tails on all of them. So in football terms they "play zone" not "man to man". Again - I'm not being argumentative. I just know my brother and I know he would do anything he could to protect his students. He gets a ton of crap from parents who's kids have been bullied trying to blame him personally for what happened to their kid.

I'm not claiming that it's the schools fault entirely, but if you get multiple letters about a certain kid.....then you start watching him more intently. There are teachers in the lunch room. I realize they have to pay attention to an entire room of kids....but at that point....they need to keep an eye on the kid that has been brought to their attention.

Demonpenz
02-25-2015, 11:47 AM
I am so grateful to grow up with weights and in st. joseph. It is truly get tough or die trying there.

temper11
02-25-2015, 11:48 AM
I'm not claiming that it's the schools fault entirely, but if you get multiple letters about a certain kid.....then you start watching him more intently. There are teachers in the lunch room. I realize they have to pay attention to an entire room of kids....but at that point....they need to keep an eye on the kid that has been brought to their attention.

I agree. And I don't know the particulars of this case - it may be that the administrators were negligent, I don't know. I just know it's a difficult problem to tackle for my brother who deals with it daily.

Boise_Chief
02-25-2015, 11:52 AM
I had similar thing with my youngest son. He was being picked on by a older bigger boy daily. We contacted the teacher, bus driver, and recess duties. Nothing was done. I went to the school and spoke with the principal.

I told her that my older son was going to beat this boy up at recess. In the event that he was unable then his older sister would damn sure get it done.

She was shocked and kept repeating you can't do that. I told her that he and we have repeatedly asked for help. That they werent protecting my son. So they had a choice take care of it in the nexy hour or I would and if my older son was reprimanded in anyway I would sue the district and win.

Never the less it was taken care of and I had aphone call from the district superintendent about 20 mins later.

I teally feel for this kid and his family. Im not a sue happy guy but I think they should consider filing a suit.

They

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 11:55 AM
I had similar thing with my youngest son. He was being picked on by a older bigger boy daily. We contacted the teacher, bus driver, and recess duties. Nothing was done. I went to the school and spoke with the principal.

I told her that my older son was going to beat this boy up at recess. In the event that he was unable then his older sister would damn sure get it done.

She was shocked and kept repeating you can't do that. I told her that he and we have repeatedly asked for help. That they werent protecting my son. So they had a choice take care of it in the nexy hour or I would and if my older son was reprimanded in anyway I would sue the district and win.

Never the less it was taken care of and I had aphone call from the district superintendent about 20 mins later.

I teally feel for this kid and his family. Im not a sue happy guy but I think they should consider filing a suit.

They

And this right here is why I wish I had a son. Luckily my nephew is in the same grade as my oldest daughter. Both my brother and I will make sure that he's watching out for my daughter.

In58men
02-25-2015, 12:00 PM
I wonder if these parents teach self defense. Most parents that I've talked to tell their children to tell the teachers if anything happens. Well.....I told my kid if another kid hits you first you better hit them back and twice as hard. I don't know if I'm in the wrong, but so far my kid stood up for himself twice this year with no disciplinary actions from the school. He defended himself both times. Both issues were around in November, no problems since. One kid tripped a girl when the bell rang and then tried to trip my boy. My boy grabbed him by the back and slung him to the ground. Teacher did see the boy tripping both of them. The cool part about the story, was my boy was mad because he tripped a girl. He said "boys don't hurt girls so he made me mad". High five bud.

Iowanian
02-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Pretty terrible and unnecessary that this happened. If this 200lb 8th grader is so tough, he should be fighting sophomores, or playing football, or wrestling for his school.

Pretty extreme and there needs to be some serious consequences because it happened.

From my observations, kids are pretty terrible to each other today. I think there are 2 key factors. 1. Social media makes it easy. YikYak is Aweful. 2. Kids have been trained that fighting is wrong and they don't typically have to worry about a beating for the things they say and do.

Boise, your solution is exactly how bullying was handled 20 years ago.
When I was in 7th grade, I had a senior that took pleasure in punching on myself and a couple of friends without big brothers. I remember getting a call and coming home from college because a big senior was beating on the 7th grade boys, including my youngest brother. A minute of "conversation" with him, and monday morning he apologized to an entire table of the boys he had been beating on and said it would never happen again.

Iowanian
02-25-2015, 12:04 PM
There was an older boy picking on a couple of my nephews and now-nephews at a bus stop 2 years ago. My brother talked to the boys and said "look, there are 4 of you, you fight each other...and while you are taught to only fight 1 on 1, this is different. Do whatever it takes to stick up for each other, beat this kids ass and you will not get into any trouble". It didn't take very long and that boy left them alone.

The unfortunate part is that a lot of kids don't have someone who can do it for them, and in cases like the thread starter have no ability to stick up for themselves. This is where you hope responsible peers step in before shit like this happens.

temper11
02-25-2015, 12:06 PM

They

What did they do to take care of it? Expel the kid?

PizzaDoughz
02-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Pretty terrible and unnecessary that this happened. If this 200lb 8th grader is so tough, he should be fighting sophomores, or playing football, or wrestling for his school.

Pretty extreme and there needs to be some serious consequences because it happened.

From my observations, kids are pretty terrible to each other today. I think there are 2 key factors. 1. Social media makes it easy. YikYak is Aweful. 2. Kids have been trained that fighting is wrong and they don't typically have to worry about a beating for the things they say and do.

Boise, your solution is exactly how bullying was handled 20 years ago.
I remember getting a call and coming home from college because a big senior was beating on the 7th grade boys, including my youngest brother. A minute of "conversation" with him, and monday morning he apologized to an entire table of the boys he had been beating on and said it would never happen again.

Obviously he isn't tough or he wouldn't find the need to bully in the first place. And no, it's more about the older generations teaching their kids sheltered and inside all the time, where of course they'll just resort to going on social media.

Blame parents, not the kids.

WhawhaWhat
02-25-2015, 12:09 PM
I used to be one of the "It can't be that bad. Everyone gets bullied and they just need to learn to suck it up" people... until I saw that Bully movie and that was soul crushing. That movie really changed the way I thought about it.

cabletech94
02-25-2015, 12:10 PM
this story makes me sick to my stomach. if you didn't actually read link, then you see that the victim is autistic. maybe that's why it hits so close to home for me, being the father of an autistic son.
my boy is the sweetest kid in the world. i'm terrified that he could be targeted in a manner like this. had a situation where we needed some assistance from the school. went up and over and around the administration, only to fall on deaf ears. my kiddo was never harmed, but we have changed schools. and he's doing great.
but, as a father, I don't know what i'd do if he was hurt like this victim.

what the hell is wrong with us as a society?!

Iowanian
02-25-2015, 12:13 PM
You're right about the parenting. How often do "bullies" have 2 parents at home?

I'm just not sure HOW they can stop this stuff. I've read some things lately that local kids are doing to each other online and it's pretty nasty. The parents have to have some liability for the actions of the child, but ultimately a 200lb 8th grader is responsible for his actions.

We talk to our kids quite a bit about being nice to everyone, and sticking up for the kids or not participating if others are being mean. It's not acceptable in our house and if I got a call that my kid was picking on someone else it would be their ass at home.

Obviously a large segment of our society don't do the same.

displacedinMN
02-25-2015, 12:13 PM
You know I teach.

This is a disgusting event.

I wish more could be done. All kids cannot be watched all the time, the bully kid knew that and took his chance.

The parents need to press charges against the kid and the family. The school may try to talk them out of it. But it needs to happen. Many times, parents don't press charges and the kid gets off scott free. The kid should also be expelled.

I have seen my share of fights. Middle school girl fights are brutal. I have broken up a few, and some I say no way. Seldom do I hear of charges being filed-it needs to happen more-especially on an ambush like this.

The next problem is the justice system. Judges let them off with probation or warnings.
Minimum should be fines, maximum-adult jail time. You are responsible for your kids.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 12:16 PM
You know I teach.

This is a disgusting event.

I wish more could be done. All kids cannot be watched all the time, the bully kid knew that and took his chance.

The parents need to press charges against the kid and the family. The school may try to talk them out of it. But it needs to happen. Many times, parents don't press charges and the kid gets off scott free. The kid should also be expelled.

I have seen my share of fights. Middle school girl fights are brutal. I have broken up a few, and some I say no way. Seldom do I hear of charges being filed-it needs to happen more-especially on an ambush like this.

The next problem is the justice system. Judges let them off with probation or warnings.
Minimum should be fines, maximum-adult jail time. You are responsible for your kids.

So you're telling me that if the school repeatedly gets letters about a certain kid....that you wouldn't watch him a little more?

If this was my kid.....not only would the family be getting sued....but the school would as well.

tomahawk kid
02-25-2015, 12:24 PM
I used to be one of the "It can't be that bad. Everyone gets bullied and they just need to learn to suck it up" people... until I saw that Bully movie and that was soul crushing. That movie really changed the way I thought about it.

Same here. That movie was a wake up call for me.

Bullying has escalated quite a bit since I was a kid.

displacedinMN
02-25-2015, 12:25 PM
So you're telling me that if the school repeatedly gets letters about a certain kid....that you wouldn't watch him a little more?

If this was my kid.....not only would the family be getting sued....but the school would as well.

no, not completely

there are 1500 kids in my school, about 100 staff
Some kids get 1:1, some don't

that may equate to 15-1 ratio, but the class I have now is 35.
Can't watch everyone all the time.

Boise_Chief
02-25-2015, 12:41 PM
What did they do to take care of it? Expel the kid?

He got a 3 day suspension the parents were brought in and it was explained that one more incident would result in permanent expulsion. They also told them that I would sue but I never said I would sue the parents., just the school district.

Plus my older son had a chat with him and told him he would beat him senseless if he even looked at his brother again.

It was a problem solved, the boy actually straighted up quite a bit and he got in much less trouble after that.

temper11
02-25-2015, 03:41 PM
He got a 3 day suspension the parents were brought in and it was explained that one more incident would result in permanent expulsion. They also told them that I would sue but I never said I would sue the parents., just the school district.

Plus my older son had a chat with him and told him he would beat him senseless if he even looked at his brother again.

It was a problem solved, the boy actually straighted up quite a bit and he got in much less trouble after that.

That's awesome that it worked out that way. It surprises me a little that the school actually suspended the kid with nothing more than your word that bullying took place. I'm not suggesting for one second that you are lying, I am just saying that that if the school didn't witness the bullying they open themselves up to potential lawsuit from the parents of the kid they suspended.

Flip it around. what would you do if the school called you up and said your kid was being suspended for allegedly bullying a kid. No one saw the bullying, but the school was informed of it from the other kids parents. You know that the suspension is going to go on your child's permanent record and will be with him for a very long time. You also don't think your kid would have done such a thing and he denies having done it... what would you do?

This is obviously a hypothetical question. The actual boy may have had a history of bad behavior, etc. Also, if your kid was a problem child and you knew it, you may be far more rational than many of the parents out there. In my brother's case, the parents know their kid is guilty. They know their kid is a POS, but if the school didn't witness the alleged bullying - they are going to sue the shit out of the school if they take any action against their little darling. It frustrates the hell out of my brother. The parents of many of these kids are enablers of their kids bad behavior, not partners in the attempt to make them into solid citizens.

Boise_Chief
02-25-2015, 03:58 PM
The short answer is that the bus driver did see the culminating event and did nothing. There had been several recess incedents that had been seen as well. The parents were worthless and tried to make excuses and bluster. The school finally did sometuing other than putting the kid on the fence as a time out. They also convinced them that I was ready to sue press charges etc

ChiefsChoke010414
02-25-2015, 04:04 PM
The bully should be sent to Riker's Island to the pedophiles ward of the prison.

temper11
02-25-2015, 04:22 PM
The short answer is that the bus driver did see the culminating event and did nothing. There had been several recess incedents that had been seen as well. The parents were worthless and tried to make excuses and bluster. The school finally did sometuing other than putting the kid on the fence as a time out. They also convinced them that I was ready to sue press charges etc

Ahh... I didn't catch that the incident had been witnessed by a school employee.

gblowfish
02-25-2015, 04:27 PM

Unfortunately, this is the truth. Public schools are run by litigation. They are scared to death of being sued, by everyone and everything. Somebody usually has to get hurt before anything is done. My wife gets her 30 years in as a teacher this year, and as of June 1 she is DONE with public school teaching. With all the teaching to the MAP test, and kids getting away with all kinds of behavior problems, and no consequences for bad behavior, etc etc etc, it's very hard to be a teacher now. And its just going to get worse.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-25-2015, 05:22 PM
This kid better not show up at the little league field.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
02-25-2015, 05:26 PM
I think Prinicpal Skinner said it best when he said "There's no justice like angry mob justice." After the parents of the bully got a few beatings from doorknob-filled sacks they'd probably tire of his antics pretty quickly and the behavior would stop. Actually, Valencia oranges would be better as they're less apt to leave bruises - or so I'm told...

bobbymitch
02-25-2015, 05:34 PM

Soooo, the incident occurs in the school cafeteria and as long as any school employee doesn't actually witness the incident, or turns their back to the fight, then the bully walks??? Maybe the blood on the floor might be some sort of evidence that a crime occurred?

temper11
02-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Soooo, the incident occurs in the school cafeteria and as long as any school employee doesn't actually witness the incident, or turns their back to the fight, then the bully walks??? Maybe the blood on the floor might be some sort of evidence that a crime occurred?

Obviously the incident in which the kid gets beat to near death is evidence. I'm talking about the alleged incidents preceding this one that lead to the letter the parents sent to the school. There likely wasn't much the school could have done with just the letter to go on. (Again, I don't know anything about the case, and I'm not a lawyer or a school administrator). I'm simply relaying the same frustrations my brother has spoke of as a high school administrator.

EPodolak
02-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Breaks my heart to hear stories like this. If it's true that kids who do this to other kids are themselves bullied or abused in the home, it gives further support to my position prospective parents be required to pass fitness tests before they breed.

Baby Lee
02-25-2015, 06:21 PM
I think Prinicpal Skinner said it best when he said "There's no justice like angry mob justice." After the parents of the bully got a few beatings from doorknob-filled sacks they'd probably tire of his antics pretty quickly and the behavior would stop. Actually, Valencia oranges would be better as they're less apt to leave bruises - or so I'm told...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jvhap1vcLDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited
02-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Won't be taking my kids to Liberty.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2015, 06:32 PM
I know you're supposed to let them handle it themselves but I can remember what it was like being bulled in middle school just because I was overweight. It ever gets close to what happened in this story and I won't just write a fucking letter.

And this is a reason why I've never had kids. Too a T. I dealt with it once. You never ever want me to deal with it again. For everyone. Lol (uncomfortable laugh) because I'm serious.

petegz28
02-25-2015, 06:33 PM
It's comforting to know that in the hallway right outside of where this happened, there are signs posted stating that it is a "Bully Free Zone"

temper11
02-25-2015, 06:39 PM
It's comforting to know that in the hallway right outside of where this happened, there are signs posted stating that it is a "Bully Free Zone"

The signs are a CYA move. The students know it, the administration knows it, the parents know it. The school has to be able to show that it was taking bullying seriously. It's just a hard problem to deal with. Always was, always will be. I have to say though, it sounds to me like physical bullying is on the decline (present story notwithstanding). Openly gay kids all over the place now in school and seemingly no one gives two shits... (at least that's what my kids tell me). It's the cyber bullying I worry more about. The video of my kid at an embarrassing moment that gets a billion hits around the globe on you tube. That shit can weigh heavily on a kid and they are at risk of it every damn day.

petegz28
02-25-2015, 06:49 PM
The signs are a CYA move. The students know it, the administration knows it, the parents know it. The school has to be able to show that it was taking bullying seriously. It's just a hard problem to deal with. Always was, always will be. I have to say though, it sounds to me like physical bullying is on the decline (present story notwithstanding). Openly gay kids all over the place now in school and seemingly no one gives two shits... (at least that's what my kids tell me). It's the cyber bullying I worry more about. The video of my kid at an embarrassing moment that gets a billion hits around the globe on you tube. That shit can weigh heavily on a kid and they are at risk of it every damn day.

The School really fucked up by sending out letters to parents telling them how to tell their kids how to properly report bullying after this incident was reported several times.

It's like, seriously?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
When YOU stop bullying others, your kids will stop bullying too. It's on YOU. Don't give a fuck If you like it. It's reality. The end.

cabletech94
02-25-2015, 06:53 PM
When YOU stop bullying others, your kids will stop bullying too. It's on YOU. Don't give a **** If you like it. It's reality. The end.

THIS.

EVERY. SINGLE. EFFING. WORD. OF. THIS.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2015, 06:55 PM
THIS.

EVERY. SINGLE. EFFING. WORD. OF. THIS.

It's truth. Sometimes it hurts. Doesn't make it less true.

SAUTO
02-25-2015, 06:58 PM
When YOU stop bullying others, your kids will stop bullying too. It's on YOU. Don't give a fuck If you like it. It's reality. The end.

Exactly. I love running into a bully.

Fun times.

petegz28
02-25-2015, 06:59 PM
When YOU stop bullying others, your kids will stop bullying too. It's on YOU. Don't give a **** If you like it. It's reality. The end.

I agree with this. But that's long term and most likely not going to happen on the scale it needs too.

As I understand it, if you see someone being bullied and you, as a student, try to stop it or break it up, then you get in trouble too. So they just encourage kids to stand around and watch someone get the crap beat out of them.

teedubya
02-25-2015, 07:08 PM
This is why BOTH of my children (9yo Girl & 13 yo boy) are black belts in Taekwondo.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2015, 07:12 PM
I agree with this. But that's long term and most likely not going to happen on the scale it needs too.

As I understand it, if you see someone being bullied and you, as a student, try to stop it or break it up, then you get in trouble too. So they just encourage kids to stand around and watch someone get the crap beat out of them.

Agreed!

J Diddy
02-25-2015, 07:15 PM

Mr. Flopnuts, I'm a 5'6" 160 pound epileptic heart patient.

I can't bully anyone outside of the first grade.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2015, 07:17 PM
Mr. Flopnuts, I'm a 5'6" 160 pound epileptic heart patient.

I can't bully anyone outside of the first grade.

This clearly doesn't apply to EVERYONE. God bless those of you doing it right! I have no kids. What do I know?

cabletech94
02-25-2015, 07:21 PM
If we could adopt a CP member, I would adopt mr. flopnuts.

/not even kidding. RESPECT.

J Diddy
02-25-2015, 07:24 PM
This clearly doesn't apply to EVERYONE. God bless those of you doing it right! I have no kids. What do I know?

True story. Superbowl sunday I spent the evening in the ER because my 12 year old son got attacked by a 15 year old who's 5'9 and about 175. He thumped my kid good but I didn't push charges because I knew the family.

4 days later my son got into a fight at school, not because he was being picked on, but because he saw a bigger kid starting stuff with a smaller friend of his.

Point is this: If you raise your children to have respect, they'll do the right thing alot of the time.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2015, 07:27 PM
If we could adopt a CP member, I would adopt mr. flopnuts.

/not even kidding. RESPECT.

Thank you, brother! Mean it from the bottom of my heart!

True story. Superbowl sunday I spent the evening in the ER because my 12 year old son got attacked by a 15 year old who's 5'9 and about 175. He thumped my kid good but I didn't push charges because I knew the family.

4 days later my son got into a fight at school, not because he was being picked on, but because he saw a bigger kid starting stuff with a smaller friend of his.

Point is this: If you raise your children to have respect, they'll do the right thing alot of the time.

Amen, my man. You clearly get it!

Bowser
02-25-2015, 07:40 PM

Apparently the parents of the kid with Asperger's sent letters via certified mail to the district for two months prior to this beating taking place. Someone's getting sued, most likely the school district, but maybe the parents of the bully as well?

Mosbonian
02-26-2015, 09:34 AM
This is why I am glad my son is out of school.....my son faced taunting and bullying almost daily at his school. It got to a point where we just decided to homeschool him and not have to deal with teachers and principals who looked the other way.

I can't count the number of times my son was called retard or Forrest. .....Baby Huey or other more insulting names. Too many times he came home talking about being bumped in the hallway or teasea in the classroom.

Mosbonian
02-26-2015, 09:39 AM
I have no sympathy for the bullys parents nor the school. I hope that the numbers that appear on the checks they both have to write have at least 6 figures before the decimal. Maybe then they will get serious about putting in programs that protect Special Needs kids from this type of situation.

Garcia Bronco
02-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Man...when I was young we picked on each other and got in fight's, but there was a line you didn't cross. You didn't pick on handicapped kids and you knew when your opponent was beaten and you didn't try to kill them. This kid needs to go to jail. He can't be with the other kids.

Garcia Bronco
02-26-2015, 09:56 AM
You can try suing a family with no money...but suing the school would be a better use of you money. The school part is a civil matter, the parents and their bully kid are a criminal one.

And on another note...Misery...get your shit together...you're quickly becoming the dumbasses of the US.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2015, 10:26 AM
My kids went to private Christian schools... Problem solved. Govt cant get into the doors of those schools. The money spent was well worth it, the education received was a billion times better than the shit I got in the public trash system.

Bullying was never an issue for us... Schools were on that shit like the Chuefs on playoff failures...

The Franchise
02-26-2015, 10:33 AM
My kids went to private Christian schools... Problem solved. Govt cant get into the doors of those schools. The money spent was well worth it, the education received was a billion times better than the shit I got in the public trash system.

Bullying was never an issue for us... Schools were on that shit like the Chuefs on playoff failures...

It's obviously changed then because my kid goes to a private Christian school right now and we know a family who had to pull their two kids out because of the amount of teasing and bullying that was going on.

MIAdragon
02-26-2015, 10:36 AM
It's obviously changed then because my kid goes to a private Christian school right now and we know a family who had to pull their two kids out because of the amount of teasing and bullying that was going on.

Shitty school then, mine goes to a Private Christian school as well. Problem children are worked with and if they still can't get it together removed from the school.

Garcia Bronco
02-26-2015, 10:37 AM

Yep...I went to private school also www.forkunion.com (http://www.forkunion.com) (Hey your GM went there). I am better educated and when fights did occur, both kids were in trouble...so fighting just wasn't worth it.

The Franchise
02-26-2015, 10:41 AM
Shitty school then, mine goes to a Private Christian school as well. Problem children are worked with and if they still can't get it together removed from the school.

I don't know the entire story but I think it was a large number of students that were doing the teasing. I don't know how much attention was brought to the school about what exactly was happening. All I know is I didn't hear about anything physical.

allen_kcCard
02-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Sounds like things are getting more asinine. I heard that the school is taking the approach of "we aren't taking sides" on the matter as far as the bully and the boy that got beat up. Apparently the students were trying to show support for the boy by wearing blue and were told it would not be allowed. They sent kids home that wore blue or made them clean off anything blue written on their hands, and tore up any posters put out to show support for the injured kid.

Sully
02-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Sounds like things are getting more asinine. I heard that the school is taking the approach of "we aren't taking sides" on the matter as far as the bully and the boy that got beat up. Apparently the students were trying to show support for the boy by wearing blue and were told it would not be allowed. They sent kids home that wore blue or made them clean off anything blue written on their hands, and tore up any posters put out to show support for the injured kid.

Stop and think for a minute. Does this make sense?

It shouldn't.

Also, they did 3 minutes on the news last night showing all the kids wearing blue.

The Franchise
02-26-2015, 11:01 AM

This won't end well for them.

Iowanian
02-26-2015, 11:02 AM
No Justice. No Peace!

KCUnited
02-26-2015, 11:04 AM
What happened to the days where the principal was the good cop and the vice principal was the enforcer? I don't even think our vice principal was an educator, just a dude who'd peacock chest up and down the hallways hoping for an opportunity to "break up" a scuffle.

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 11:07 AM

Fuck that school. WTF is wrong with some educators these days?

tooge
02-26-2015, 11:57 AM
The bully should be sent to Riker's Island to the pedophiles ward of the prison.

Or to your moms house

Rukdafaidas
02-26-2015, 02:51 PM

Wow, did this happen in Joplin?

BigRedChief
02-26-2015, 04:35 PM
When YOU stop bullying others, your kids will stop bullying too. It's on YOU. Don't give a fuck If you like it. It's reality. The end.I've told my bullying experience on here several times but..............

I was 6 ft. tall in the 6th grade. huge back when I was growing up. Bullying kids until entering the 4th grade. After I hurt someone, unintentionally playing baseball the light went on for me. I never did it again. Never allowed it to happen to anyone else either. I found out about a bully. I went and kicked his ass. The word got around and at least in my class and in the locker rooms I was in, no bullying occurred.

Later in life as an adult I had several people thank me for stopping their bully. Don't even remember most of them or the bully.

My son was big growing up. 6'4" 250 these days. Told him my experience. how it effected me to this day. I told him if he ever bullied anyone or allowed it to happen to someone without doing something about it, he would lose sports, video games and anything else he cared about for a long time.

stevieray
02-26-2015, 05:47 PM
oh yeah, that's learned behavior, and paying pain forward.

pray for that kid and ostracize the parents.

I've told this story before...when we moved home my oldest daughter was in fifth grade, getting picked on by a boy bigger than her...came home in tears one day..next morning at the bus stop, I called him on it and told him if it happened again, I'd be talking to his dad.

less than 30 minutes later, I get a call from the principal..no what the big bad bully did? ..went into school and cried about how he got yelled at...principal says to me, how would you like it if another parent said that to your child? I responded that if my daughter was behaving in that manner, I would hope a parent would do exactly that...she was more worried about the bully's "feelings" than his behavior towards other students.

schools are now matriarchal, over 80 percent women...no swats for you! if I got my ass busted at school for acting up, you can damn well know I got my ass beat at home too.

that line has been made fuzzy, and now everyone pays because of it..

J Diddy
02-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Wow, did this happen in Joplin?

yeah.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-26-2015, 06:39 PM
Apparently the parents of the kid with Asperger's sent letters via certified mail to the district for two months prior to this beating taking place. Someone's getting sued, most likely the school district, but maybe the parents of the bully as well?

It is absolutely time for parents to be held accountable. If not now, when? We need to fix this!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-26-2015, 06:43 PM
oh yeah, that's learned behavior, and paying pain forward.

pray for that kid and ostracize the parents.

I've told this story before...when we moved home my oldest daughter was in fifth grade, getting picked on by a boy bigger than her...came home in tears one day..next morning at the bus stop, I called him on it and told him if it happened again, I'd be talking to his dad.

less than 30 minutes later, I get a call from the principal..no what the big bad bully did? ..went into school and cried about how he got yelled at...principal says to me, how would you like it if another parent said that to your child? I responded that if my daughter was behaving in that manner, I would hope a parent would do exactly that...she was more worried about the bully's "feelings" than his behavior towards other students.

schools are now matriarchal, over 80 percent women...no swats for you! if I got my ass busted at school for acting up, you can damn well know I got my ass beat at home too.

that line has been made fuzzy, and now everyone pays because of it..

Yeah man. That needs to change. I don't have the solution, I don't have kids. But you get it. We know deep down what we need to do. It's just so hard for folks to invest the time and do it!

Deberg_1990
02-26-2015, 06:50 PM
I've told my bullying experience on here several times but..............

I was 6 ft. tall in the 6th grade. huge back when I was growing up. Bullying kids until entering the 4th grade. After I hurt someone, unintentionally playing baseball the light went on for me. I never did it again. Never allowed it to happen to anyone else either. I found out about a bully. I went and kicked his ass. The word got around and at least in my class and in the locker rooms I was in, no bullying occurred.

Later in life as an adult I had several people thank me for stopping their bully. Don't even remember most of them or the bully.

My son was big growing up. 6'4" 250 these days. Told him my experience. how it effected me to this day. I told him if he ever bullied anyone or allowed it to happen to someone without doing something about it, he would lose sports, video games and anything else he cared about for a long time.

Linderman!

Fairplay
02-26-2015, 07:19 PM
I'm thinking all those No Bullying signs are a nice thought with good intentions.

But not paid attention to over time. Kind of like the way of the neighborhood watch signs.

Really sad for the poor young boy, I will send out prayer and good thoughts to him now.

WilliamTheIrish
02-26-2015, 09:10 PM
This is why BOTH of my children (9yo Girl & 13 yo boy) are black belts in Taekwondo.

Exactly. Defense with a spiritual discipline.

SeeingRed
02-26-2015, 11:43 PM
I'm going to guess now that the bully probably has some shitbag parents.

yep....i would find the parents or guardians of the kid who did it and beat them within an inch of their life and then take a pair of plyers and yank out one of his teeth to keep as a souvenir

Valiant
02-27-2015, 01:24 AM

And then they get sued for harassing the bully.. There is no win in this situation for the school unless caught in the act as the assault happens..

I wish schools could do more. They need to get back to disciplining students.

Valiant
02-27-2015, 01:31 AM
There was an older boy picking on a couple of my nephews and now-nephews at a bus stop 2 years ago. My brother talked to the boys and said "look, there are 4 of you, you fight each other...and while you are taught to only fight 1 on 1, this is different. Do whatever it takes to stick up for each other, beat this kids ass and you will not get into any trouble". It didn't take very long and that boy left them alone.

The unfortunate part is that a lot of kids don't have someone who can do it for them, and in cases like the thread starter have no ability to stick up for themselves. This is where you hope responsible peers step in before shit like this happens.

I agree with this. It seems no one was sticking up for this kid. Which is sad.

Valiant
02-27-2015, 01:35 AM
You're right about the parenting. How often do "bullies" have 2 parents at home?

I'm just not sure HOW they can stop this stuff. I've read some things lately that local kids are doing to each other online and it's pretty nasty. The parents have to have some liability for the actions of the child, but ultimately a 200lb 8th grader is responsible for his actions.

We talk to our kids quite a bit about being nice to everyone, and sticking up for the kids or not participating if others are being mean. It's not acceptable in our house and if I got a call that my kid was picking on someone else it would be their ass at home.

Obviously a large segment of our society don't do the same.

Usually no parents at home because they are at work or boozing. Kids are raised by the tv, microwaved meals and social media. They are brutal, my buddy has two twins, he tries and block most of the social media. He randomly asks me what is new since I work in the field to make sure they do not have access to it.

It makes certain kids extra cruel, because they can say anything. Then some mentally deficient kids take it to the next level.

Take the slenderman attempted murder by the 12yo girls.. Parents need smacked.

Valiant
02-27-2015, 01:42 AM

It should be the parents first.. I said previously, the school was in a no win spot with the system today..

Sadly, this kids record will be clean after 18 if he does not keep screwing up and bullying... Good news is, Bullies that do this kind of heinous crime usually do not finish school and end up in jail or worse..

Imon Yourside
02-27-2015, 02:04 AM
It should be the parents first.. I said previously, the school was in a no win spot with the system today..

Sadly, this kids record will be clean after 18 if he does not keep screwing up and bullying... Good news is, Bullies that do this kind of heinous crime usually do not finish school and end up in jail or worse..

They can also change their ways and do good, just a thought.

My son is pretty good size and in 6th grade he was being picked on by a behemoth of a boy. I told him repeatedly to knock him on his ass because the school would do
nothing to address it. Finally one day my son did just that, and that kid has been one of his best friends ever since. Not only that but they now look out for bullying in middle school
to take care of would be problems. I realize it isn't one size fits all for every situation, but it worked in this case. Also my son watches over and is friends with a very small autistic kid whom he has protected on more than one occasion.

eDave
02-27-2015, 02:24 AM
Took my son to lazer tag when he was young. A group of kids ganged up and were bullying him. He came to me crying.

Man, I have never felt such protective anger in my life. It was startling. I fucked them up verbally. Manager came and I was not having any of his shit either. I was out of my mind. I went back the next day and apologized to the Manager.

I will never forget that episode.

Imon Yourside
02-27-2015, 02:29 AM
Took my son to lazer tag when he was young. A group of kids ganged up and were bullying him. He came to me crying.

Man, I have never felt such protective anger in my life. It was startling. I ****ed them up verbally. Manager came and I was not having any of his shit either. I was out of my mind. I went back the next day and apologized to the Manager.

I will never forget that episode.

Yes it's tough because you want to go show the kids some good old fashioned discipline but then you remember they're just kids and the parents are the ones promoting that crap behaviour.

kepp
02-27-2015, 01:37 PM
My daughter is on a gymnastics team in Liberty (she doesn't attend Liberty schools) and told me last night that one of her teammates witnessed what happened. From what she said, no one did much of anything to stop it.

In58men
02-27-2015, 01:58 PM
My daughter is on a gymnastics team in Liberty (she doesn't attend Liberty schools) and told me last night that one of her teammates witnessed what happened. From what she said, no one did much of anything to stop it.

Of course not. Nobody stopped fights when I was in middle school. We all watched too. I would assume most kids do this as well.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2015, 04:33 PM

unreal

In grade school some dude was picking on a guy with messed up legs. A neighborhood kid and i stepped right in without wasting a second.

seriously, WTF.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Of course not. Nobody stopped fights when I was in middle school. We all watched too. I would assume most kids do this as well.

of course you watch a fair fight, but not somebody just beating up someone not able to defend themselves

stevieray
02-27-2015, 05:30 PM
unreal

In grade school some dude was picking on a guy with messed up legs. A neighborhood kid and i stepped right in without wasting a second.

seriously, WTF.
yup, grew up with a kid in leg braces..we all looked out for him.

Valiant
02-27-2015, 08:59 PM
They can also change their ways and do good, just a thought.

My son is pretty good size and in 6th grade he was being picked on by a behemoth of a boy. I told him repeatedly to knock him on his ass because the school would do
nothing to address it. Finally one day my son did just that, and that kid has been one of his best friends ever since. Not only that but they now look out for bullying in middle school
to take care of would be problems. I realize it isn't one size fits all for every situation, but it worked in this case. Also my son watches over and is friends with a very small autistic kid whom he has protected on more than one occasion.

Normal bullying I agree with you.. When you viciously beat up an autistic kid(any person smaller than you) that bad; there is something more vile going on in that kids heart. Those types I have seen growing up. All of them are in prison.

Valiant
02-27-2015, 09:02 PM

I would be interested how many were watching, it is like the opposite of mob mentality, everyone assumes someone else will step in. Ask how long it took for teachers to react.

Only reason why I think the school is screwed is it should not have taken more than 5-10 seconds for a teacher to break it up unless that cafeteria is massive.

Imon Yourside
02-28-2015, 02:35 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/isfn4OxCPQs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>