PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Draft ???

Couch-Potato
02-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Noticed others bashing Ford as our first round pick last year, specifically that "he wasn't BPA", and I'm curious who you guys would have preferred over Ford?

Personally, I was pissed when we drafted Ford. I wanted us to have moved up a few spots and grabbed Ha-Ha, or stayed put and chosen kelvin Benjamin. But Parker worked out and Benjamin had too many drops. I'm not an advocate for taking Carr, or Bridgewater with Smith in town. So ultimately, I think the pick may end up serving its purpose. BPA? Probably not, but we still haven't seen much of Ford.

If I was in charge and we could go back... I'd probably take Paul Richardson or Joel Bitonio

Hindsights 20-20 though.

Discuss Thrower
02-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Noticed others bashing Ford as our first round pick last year, specifically that "he wasn't BPA", and I'm curious who you guys would have preferred over Ford?

Personally, I was pissed when we drafted Ford. I wanted us to have moved up a few spots and grabbed Ha-Ha, or stayed put and chosen kelvin Benjamin. But Parker worked out and Benjamin had too many drops. I'm not an advocate for taking Carr, or Bridgewater with Smith in town. So ultimately, I think the pick may end up serving its purpose. BPA? Probably not, but we still haven't seen much of Ford.

If I was in charge and we could go back... I'd probably take Paul Richardson or Joel Bitonio

Hindsights 20-20 though.

At the time, a DB like Verrett or Dennard.

In hindsight, Teddy Bridgewater would have been the best pick at that spot. Gives the Chiefs' the upper hand in negotiations with Alex Smith and gives them a legitimate prospect for a QBotF.

Direckshun
02-25-2015, 12:52 PM
Bridgewater was clearly the best pick.

At the time, I would have taken Dennard.

Nightfyre
02-25-2015, 03:28 PM
I wanted us to snag Bridgewater, IIRC. Dennard was my number 2 as well. Initially, I was less than thrilled about Dee Ford - however, he had some great college tape and honestly he came on pretty strong at the end of 2014 in the limited action he saw. I think he will still end up being a solid pick, but I seem to be alone in this category.

RealSNR
02-25-2015, 03:31 PM
When the board fell the way it did and I saw Bridgewater there, I was screaming and jumping around hoping he'd be the pick. I was disappointed.

I would have been okay with Dennard or Jordan Matthews.

I did NOT want Marquise Lee.

kepp
02-25-2015, 03:36 PM
I wanted Dennard to be the pick. I knew of Dee Ford from watching SEC games, so I knew he was good, but I didn't think he was worth that pick.

kccrow
02-25-2015, 06:22 PM
I wanted Jordan Matthews, WR. I pounded the table all offseason for him.

If Matthews wasn't there, I wanted Jimmie Ward, FS.

Matthews ended up having a great season with 67 catches for 872 yards and 8 TDs for the Eagles.

Ward got hurt midway through the year for the 49ers playing as their nickle back. He had 20 tackles.

That was basically who I wanted.

Couch-Potato
02-25-2015, 09:14 PM
I wanted Jordan Matthews, WR. I pounded the table all offseason for him.

If Matthews wasn't there, I wanted Jimmie Ward, FS.

Matthews ended up having a great season with 67 catches for 872 yards and 8 TDs for the Eagles.

Ward got hurt midway through the year for the 49ers playing as their nickle back. He had 20 tackles.

That was basically who I wanted.

I was also high on both Matthews and Ward at the time, and honestly either would have contributed more yr 1 than Ford.

Couch-Potato
02-25-2015, 09:16 PM
I actually threw my hat on the ground after we chose Ford. My gf at the time gave me that "I'm disgusted with your behavior" look.

...what can I say. I'm a Tamba Hali fan.

Iconic
02-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Honestly it was like a dream come true. There's something special about your favorite team picking your favorite player in the draft. Statistically there was like a 1% chance of this happening and that's what made it so extraordinary.

If we get Perryman or Kendricks this year I will mark the **** out.

Saccopoo
02-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Kyle Van Noy or Jeremiah Attachou.

chiefscafan
02-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Yep I was pro bridge water I hope ford shows the pass rushing skills he flashed late last season. I really don't want to see Tamba go though.

Chief Roundup
02-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Carr, Van Noy, Jordan Matthews