PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Rumblings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

O.city
02-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Didn't see this on the front page. Apparently chiefs and Hudson were close to a 4 year 6 million per year deal this season, lacanfora reports.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25081371/free-agent-buzz-broncos-want-peyton-pay-cut-jags-raiders-will-spend

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 03:42 PM
I bet he ends up with at least $7M a year in free agency, however, and I continue to hear the Raiders are looking hard at him

Awesome.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 03:45 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>John Clayton on NFL Live linking Rodney Hudson to the Raiders at 7 mil a year &amp; Torrey Smith to the Chiefs.</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/570700289092689920">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh fucking joy.

Gonzo
02-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuu

Jimmya
02-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Awesome..... :(

Red Dawg
02-25-2015, 04:00 PM
No Hudson and we get Tory Smith? That is a fail. Smith blows ass and I am so sick of this team having no cap space again. We have one solid guy on the OL of course he costs too much. Reids legacy will be never having an OL good enough to win anything and drafting OL in the first round.

If we lose Hud then Dorsey will have no choice but to OL again.

O.city
02-25-2015, 04:02 PM
This is why all those slap dick free agent signings suck

milkman
02-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Tory Smith with Flacco, a big armed QB, is a 2nd tier receiver.

With Alex Smith, he'd be almost non-existent.

In58men
02-25-2015, 04:05 PM
ROFL

This franchise is a joke. Bargain bin pickin' sons of bitches.

Renegade
02-25-2015, 04:06 PM
I would hate to see Suh in a Raiders Uniform

DaneMcCloud
Okay, please explain how Clayton, or anyone for that matter, can "link" Hudson to the Raiders for $7 million per, when Free Agency hasn't begun.

Talk about tampering.

jLoy88
Oh god... he is the only offensive line player who can actually play. Holds his blocks and can block downfield. If he leaves... there is no hope for this franchise ever building the pieces to make a run.

ModSocks
02-25-2015, 04:07 PM
ROFL

Since when is Torrey Smith "bargain bin"?

ModSocks
02-25-2015, 04:08 PM
All things considered, i'd rather have Hudson than Smith.

O.city
02-25-2015, 04:08 PM
If Torrey smith wasn't great with Flacco flinging him deep balls, I fail to see how he'd fare better herE.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 04:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/48-5XSwcBDg?list=UU8yMBkbowWmvAo8HAHtnUsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.city
Since when is Torrey Smith "bargain bin"?

meh

RunKC
@Jacobs71: Here's what Ed Werder said about Dwayne Bowe & #Chiefs WR position on NFL Insiders. http://t.co/UshpkIDN84

That video is pretty damning against Bowe if they think he's not a vertical threat and only good for slant routes.
DeVito and Bowe seem to be on the way out clearing roughly $15 million.

Add in the Tamba and Daniels restructure and/or cut and it gets up to possibly $25 million.

In58men
02-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Offensive lineman in the 1st round bank on it folks. Andy needs to protect lil Checky. The more check downs he completes the better his stats look. Reid needs him to have good stats so they both can keep their jobs. We're not worried about wins.

KCUnited
02-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Chiefs show interest in Jack Shit; signs elsewhere.

RunKC
02-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Offensive lineman in the 1st round bank on it folks. Andy needs to protect lil Checky. The more check downs he completes the better his stats look. Reid needs him to have good stats so they both can keep their jobs. We're not worried about wins.

Then stop following them if they make you so miserable. Life is short.

In58men
02-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Then stop following them if they make you so miserable. Life is short.

I'm so excited for the draft........once again

MTG#10
02-25-2015, 04:18 PM

Protect him by letting his best O lineman go? Ok

Red Beans
02-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Honestly, I was impressed with Kush in preseason. The line was such a goddamn abortion that I don't really care if Hudson leaves. It's going to be a whole new line anyway with or without Hudson, I doubt the line can be much worse.

Iowanian
02-25-2015, 04:20 PM
They probably need to sign Hudson, unless they are convinced the Kush, who they wouldn't dress last season is the answer somehow, because the Line needs some Improvement of talent, not a deduction.

As for Smith, I don't care if they cut Bowe and replace him with Smith, as long as they don't think he is the answer and is only 1 piece of the puzzle to fix the WR problem.
Bowe has pretty much been a turd for 2 years, don't care if he's here or not, and he definitely CANNOT be at his current salary.

ModSocks
02-25-2015, 04:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/48-5XSwcBDg?list=UU8yMBkbowWmvAo8HAHtnUsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So Torrey Smith priced himself out of Baltimore but KC is supposed to be able to afford him?

Uh huh.

Shit meet wall.

Meatloaf
02-25-2015, 04:22 PM
So Torrey Smith priced himself out of Baltimore but KC is supposed to be able to afford him?

Uh huh.

Shit meet wall.

Detox, I think you nailed it.

ModSocks
02-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Honestly, I was impressed with Kush in preseason. The line was such a goddamn abortion that I don't really care if Hudson leaves. It's going to be a whole new line anyway with or without Hudson, I doubt the line can be much worse.

The line was shit...ok. Hudson was far away the best Lineman and ranked as a top 5 C in the NFL......and you think the line won't get much worse w/o him?

And the Kush infatuation is worse than the Catapano (sp) infatuation.

Nickel D
02-25-2015, 04:26 PM
If Torrey smith wasn't great with Flacco flinging him deep balls, I fail to see how he'd fare better herE.

QB Alex Smiff and deep balls do not go together, neither in a passing sense nor in an anatomical sense.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2015, 04:27 PM
In typical CP fashion, people flip out over shit that hasn't happened.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 04:28 PM

Come on now....flipping out?

In58men
02-25-2015, 04:31 PM
Chiefs to trade up for Mariota?

ESPN's Mel Kiper and Todd McShay have a weekly NFL Draft podcast and on this week's edition they got to talking about the second pick in the draft and that if a team wants Oregon QB Marcus Mariota they might need to be moving up to that second pick (assuming Florida State QB Jameis Winston goes first).

Kiper thinks the Chiefs could be one of the teams to watch out for in a trade up for Marcus Mariota. I just don't see that happening ... but what do I know? Here's what Kiper said when asked about whether the Titans second pick is the key to the draft.

"I guess if you want to say that Philadelphia or Kansas City is going to move up to get from where they're picking, which is 18 and 20, to try to get Mariota," Kiper said. "Is Tennessee willing to move down there far? Is another team going to be interested in moving up so they don't have to drop all the way to that 18 or 20 spot? Are they going to offers for that pick? You don't know.

"Leonard Williams is the guy you will pencil in. Todd [McShay] and I talk to people when we do these mock first rounds and everyone I've spoken to says they're not taking a quarterback. They're not taking Mariota or Winston at two, they're going with Leonard Williams and they're going to build around Zach Mettenberger as best they can throughout the draft and free agency. We'll see what happens there. It's not evidently going to be a quarterback.

"But those trade ups, you can't project them in a mock but you can certainly talk about them here. I think the Eagles and the Chiefs are two teams that if Mariota doesn't go one would certainly maybe a possibility they jump up. Maybe not as high as two but if he drops a little further than that then I think it would be a possibility Mariota is someone they could possibly grab in a tradeup."

So there is "certainly maybe a possibility" that the Chiefs trade up to get Marcus Mariota. Glad that's settled.

Red Beans
02-25-2015, 04:31 PM
The line was shit...ok. Hudson was far away the best Lineman and ranked as a top 5 C in the NFL......and you think the line won't get much worse w/o him?

And the Kush infatuation is worse than the Catapano (sp) infatuation.

Our line was garbage. It's not so much an infatuation with Kush as it is that our line couldn't be much worse. Hudson was a top 5 center, fine. If we replace him with three middling interior linemen instead of a top five C and two turds at G, I'd bet out line improves from last year. Let's not pretend that losing Hudson is going to send out OL into some kind of tailspin. It was a turd with him, so I say what the **** ever to losing him.

I'm also willing to entertain some wagers about the state of our line if Hudson walks. I'll hold my ground and state that the line won't drop more than two spots on its overall NFL rank when compared to this year.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 04:32 PM
This place would explode if the Chiefs traded up for Mariota.

Dunerdr
02-25-2015, 04:33 PM
We've got his backup in house 6 mil sounds crazy to me.

In58men
02-25-2015, 04:33 PM

I would buy my jersey on that day lol

saphojunkie
02-25-2015, 04:34 PM
Every time someone quotes Inmem, I'm just so fucking thankful to have him on ignore.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2015, 04:34 PM

Best. Orgasm. Ever.

Then followed by cardiac arrest due to shock.

temper11
02-25-2015, 04:35 PM

If this were the primary concern, wouldn't they keep Hudson? Wouldn't they have kept Albert? Schwartz? Chiefs picked dog shit off the top of the dog shit pile last year to use for their offensive line and had arguably the worst offensive line in the league last year as a result. That doesn't seem to lend itself very well to the "protect Smith at all costs" philosophy.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Best. Orgasm. Ever.

Then followed by cardiac arrest due to shock.

It would rejuvenate the old QB war of old. You'd have the people defending it because we've never done it versus the people who are pissed that they didn't draft talent to put around Alex Smith.

58-4ever
02-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Chiefs to trade up for Mariota?

ESPN's Mel Kiper and Todd McShay have a weekly NFL Draft podcast and on this week's edition they got to talking about the second pick in the draft and that if a team wants Oregon QB Marcus Mariota they might need to be moving up to that second pick (assuming Florida State QB Jameis Winston goes first).

Kiper thinks the Chiefs could be one of the teams to watch out for in a trade up for Marcus Mariota. I just don't see that happening ... but what do I know? Here's what Kiper said when asked about whether the Titans second pick is the key to the draft.

"I guess if you want to say that Philadelphia or Kansas City is going to move up to get from where they're picking, which is 18 and 20, to try to get Mariota," Kiper said. "Is Tennessee willing to move down there far? Is another team going to be interested in moving up so they don't have to drop all the way to that 18 or 20 spot? Are they going to offers for that pick? You don't know.

"Leonard Williams is the guy you will pencil in. Todd [McShay] and I talk to people when we do these mock first rounds and everyone I've spoken to says they're not taking a quarterback. They're not taking Mariota or Winston at two, they're going with Leonard Williams and they're going to build around Zach Mettenberger as best they can throughout the draft and free agency. We'll see what happens there. It's not evidently going to be a quarterback.

"But those trade ups, you can't project them in a mock but you can certainly talk about them here. I think the Eagles and the Chiefs are two teams that if Mariota doesn't go one would certainly maybe a possibility they jump up. Maybe not as high as two but if he drops a little further than that then I think it would be a possibility Mariota is someone they could possibly grab in a tradeup."

So there is "certainly maybe a possibility" that the Chiefs trade up to get Marcus Mariota. Glad that's settled.

I'd hate to see how much we'd have to give up for this. I'm on board with Mariota though.

ModSocks
02-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Our line was garbage. It's not so much an infatuation with Kush as it is that our line couldn't be much worse. Hudson was a top 5 center, fine. If we replace him with three middling interior linemen instead of a top five C and two turds at G, I'd bet out line improves from last year. Let's not pretend that losing Hudson is going to send out OL into some kind of tailspin. It was a turd with him, so I say what the **** ever to losing him.

You're assuming we're going to sign half way decent guards. I wouldn't assume that at all, considering the needs we have at other positions.

Yes, if we lose a guy who makes all of our line calls and is a top 5 player at the position, it will in fact get worse.

Our O-line was bad because of our RT, LG and LT. The LT isn't going anywhere, they seem to like their RG and our starting LG missed the season. RT will still remain a bleeding hatchet wound going into the season, and releasing our C creates a new hatchet wound.

As i've said for the last few years now: You don't get better by replacing good, young players with shitty ones.

ModSocks
02-25-2015, 04:37 PM
It would rejuvenate the old QB war of old. You'd have the people defending it because we've never done it versus the people who are pissed that they didn't draft talent to put around Alex Smith.

Probably the injection that this forum needs.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2015, 04:41 PM

Yes, I suspect several would hate it.

He's perfect for Reid's offense.

milkman
02-25-2015, 04:43 PM
I would buy my jersey on that day lol

I don't think that trading up that far is smart, even for a team that has no QB, and especially for this team, that is committed to Alex Smith.

I'd rather draft Bryce Petty in the second and develop him over the course of the next 2 seasons.

He and Marriota both have to transition from the one read offense that they played in college, and while Marriota is more athletic, Petty has the bigger arm.

Marriota has as much a chance of being the next Alex Smith as he does of being the next Aaron Rodgers.

Red Beans
02-25-2015, 04:43 PM
You're assuming we're going to sign half way decent guards. I wouldn't assume that at all, considering the needs we have at other positions.

Yes, if we lose a guy who makes all of our line calls and is a top 5 player at the position, it will in fact get worse.

Our O-line was bad because of our RT, LG and LT. The LT isn't going anywhere, they seem to like their RG and our starting LG missed the season. RT will still remain a bleeding hatchet wound going into the season, and releasing our C creates a new hatchet wound.

As i've said for the last few years now: You don't get better by replacing good, young players with shitty ones.

We will have to agree to disagree here. I just think the impact is overstated. Would I be pleased to see him stay? I would. Will the sky fall if he doesn't? I say no. The whole line sans Hudson and Fisher was going to be shuffled like a deck of cards anyway. In that respect, I'm not sure starting from scratch (aside from LT) is going to yield much worse results that last year.

Nightfyre
02-25-2015, 04:48 PM
I don't think that trading up that far is smart, even for a team that has no QB, and especially for this team, that is committed to Alex Smith.

I'd rather draft Bryce Petty in the second and develop him over the course of the next 2 seasons.

He and Marriota both have to transition from the one read offense that they played in college, and while Marriota is more athletic, Petty has the bigger arm.

Marriota has as much a chance of being the next Alex Smith as he does of being the next Aaron Rodgers.

I wouldn't care - it would signal a clear-cut change in Chiefs culture towards a winning one, imo.

Red Beans
02-25-2015, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't care - it would signal a clear-cut change in Chiefs culture towards a winning one, imo.

I agree. It would certainly get the hope meter jumping around. I mean, it would all end the same, but a kid can dream can't he?

O.city
02-25-2015, 04:57 PM
He's a wacko I'm guessing but would probably do a 1 year prove it deal, but a wr I'd like would be harvin.

Titty Meat
02-25-2015, 04:58 PM

"It's just March"

Chief Roundup
02-25-2015, 04:58 PM
If they were willing to pay him $6M during the season there is little reason they should not be willing to pay him $7M now.

ModSocks
02-25-2015, 05:05 PM
He's a wacko I'm guessing but would probably do a 1 year prove it deal, but a wr I'd like would be harvin.

Harvin is perfect for Reid's offense.....if only he weren't such a shitbag.

Then again, if he weren't a shitbag, he'd still be in Seattle and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'd be excited if they signed him....but i have a feeling he'd be Santonio Holmes part deuce.

In58men
02-25-2015, 05:07 PM

Is that a reach for Petty in the 2nd?

milkman
02-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Is that a reach for Petty in the 2nd?

Probably not.

By the time the pro days are over, and the draft rolls around, I expect both he and Hundley to be 2nd rounders.

I thought Petty looked as fluid, or more, with his foot work in the QB drills as Marriota in the combines.

rico
02-25-2015, 05:22 PM
At this point, it's refreshing to read reports from draft experts discussing the mere possibility of the Chiefs making a firm initiative at drafting a first round QB. Probably won't happen, but it's cool seeing it discussed.

Dayze
02-25-2015, 05:27 PM
LMAO at the thought of
A) The Chiefs drafting a QB
B) A 1st Rd QB
C) ...trading up to do so.

no fucking way.
if we did.....I honestly don't know what I would do lol. Probably wait for something catastrophic to happened. Because, well....you know.

notorious
02-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Torrey Smith would be a the stupidest fucking pickup in the history of football.

Dayze
02-25-2015, 05:32 PM
I like Petty from the limited time I saw him.

:shrug:

notorious
02-25-2015, 05:33 PM
I would take Petty. Maybe a system QB, but at least he has the tools.

temper11
02-25-2015, 05:38 PM
LMAO at the thought of
A) The Chiefs drafting a QB
B) A 1st Rd QB
C) ...trading up to do so.

no ****ing way.
if we did.....I honestly don't know what I would do lol. Probably wait for something catastrophic to happened. Because, well....you know.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Oregon-QB-Marcus-Mariota-Compared-to-Alex-Smith/5ae33d19-69cf-4900-8f92-e3050aaab4b5

Now, I realize that Mariota won't have the years of mental and physical abuse that Smith has had to endure... but does this give you pause at all?

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2015, 05:41 PM
It wasn't a rumble it was a Yobogoya

milkman
02-25-2015, 05:49 PM
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Oregon-QB-Marcus-Mariota-Compared-to-Alex-Smith/5ae33d19-69cf-4900-8f92-e3050aaab4b5

Now, I realize that Mariota won't have the years of mental and physical abuse that Smith has had to endure... but does this give you pause at all?

That's what I was saying earlier.

Someone in this draft is going to take Marriota and start him right away.

He, like Smith, has the physical tools and the fottball IQ to succeed, but he could be ruined on a bad team like Smith was.

If he's drafted by a team that doesn't have to start him right away, that has the time to let him work on his mechanics and study film for at least a year, he might have a real chance to succeed.

But his chances are not as good if he is put into the fire right away.

Just how I see it.

Of course, if the Chiefs traded up to get him, he'd be in the ideal situation to succeed for him.

Chief_For_Life58
02-25-2015, 05:52 PM
What would we have to give up to move from 18 to top 5 to get marriott

milkman
02-25-2015, 05:55 PM

A shit ton.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 05:55 PM
That's what I was saying earlier.

Someone in this draft is going to take Marriota and start him right away.

He, like Smith, has the physical tools and the fottball IQ to succeed, but he could be ruined on a bad team like Smith was.

If he's drafted by a team that doesn't have to start him right away, that has the time to let him work on his mechanics and study film for at least a year, he might have a real chance to succeed.

But his chances are not as good if he is put into the fire right away.

Just how I see it.

Of course, if the Chiefs traded up to get him, he'd be in the ideal situation to succeed for him.

Alex Smith would be decent if he took the Aaron Rodgers route.

Discuss Thrower
02-25-2015, 05:56 PM
2015, 2016 and 2017 first rounders at a minimum. Probably add in a 2nd rounder or two as well.

milkman
02-25-2015, 05:57 PM

Seriously, though, you'd be looking at probably 3 first round picks and a handful of other picks from this year and next.

milkman
02-25-2015, 05:58 PM

Maybe.

There are no guarantees.

Chief Roundup
02-25-2015, 06:00 PM

Him being compared to Alex Smith should give everyone a moment of pause.

temper11
02-25-2015, 06:00 PM

It's interesting. Many Niners fans think that had the niners gone Rodgers instead of Smith in 2005, it would be the niners with all the success GB has had over these last several years. I tend to think of it the other way around.

Rodgers falling in the draft was the very best thing that could have happened to him. Smith should have tried a little less hard at the combine... maybe purposefully answer a few of those wonderlick questions wrong. Might have made for a much easier path in the NFL.

temper11
02-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Seriously, though, you'd be looking at probably 3 first round picks and a handful of other picks from this year and next.

How has that worked out for the Redskins?

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Maybe.

There are no guarantees.

I only said decent.

milkman
02-25-2015, 06:09 PM
How has that worked out for the Redskins?

I am not a proponent of trading up for Marriota.

I think RGIII is another product of rushing a QB onto the field.

He won rookie of the year because of his athletic ability, but that same athletic ability hid the fact that he is in no way NFL ready to play the position.

temper11
02-25-2015, 06:10 PM

I tend to think this as well... Veteren QB who has demonstrated a complete willingness to groom his replacement (even after getting benched in a Superbowl bound Season), Solid stable coaching staff and a oft-called QB Guru for head coach.

Seriously if I was Mariota's dad... I might have counseled my kid to phone in the combine. Too many first round picks get sacrificed to bad teams that had no chance of success in any situation.

I still like the idea of Team's red-shirting rookie QB's for 1 year. I think you'd see many more of these hot college QB's actually succeed in the NFL.

temper11
02-25-2015, 06:12 PM
I am not a proponent of trading up for Marriota.

I think RGIII is another product of rushing a QB onto the field.

He won rookie of the year because of his athletic ability, but that same athletic ability hid the fact that he is in no way NFL ready to play the position.

agreed. The problem of spending that much capital to trade up to get a player is that the mob will demand you start him day one. Mariota needs to slide... rather than the chiefs mortgaging the house to move up to get him.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2015, 06:13 PM
I know the guy probably sucks but just draft a QB in the 1st no matter what!!!

I much rather have a shitty QB that we draft than a shitty QB that we didn't draft.

idiot

milkman
02-25-2015, 06:14 PM
I still like the idea of Team's red-shirting rookie QB's for 1 year. I think you'd see many more of these hot college QB's actually succeed in the NFL.

I've been banging that drum for years.

milkman
02-25-2015, 06:15 PM

I much rather have a shitty QB that we draft than a shitty QB that we didn't draft.

idiot

Show a post in this thread where someone said that.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 06:15 PM

idiot

Laz with nothing to add.....as usual.

temper11
02-25-2015, 06:16 PM
I've been banging that drum for years.

no shit? I've gotten beat up on forums for saying that. Thought I was pretty much alone on that one.

SAUTO
02-25-2015, 06:20 PM
no shit? I've gotten beat up on forums for saying that. Thought I was pretty much alone on that one.

Not around here, for all the heat the genobaters have taken most, if not all, were totally for him sitting a year...

Mr. Laz
02-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Marriota has as much a chance of being the next Alex Smith as he does of being the next Aaron Rodgers.I wouldn't care - it would signal a clear-cut change in Chiefs culture towards a winning one, imo.
Show a post in this thread where someone said that.
NF all but said it

he wants to draft a dam QB ... fuck who it is

Hell, i would rather take a chance on Winston, at least he knows how to read a defense.

These spread guys are just usually death. Maybe the most important thing in all of football is having the QB being able to read a defense and they have to learn WHILE playing in the NFL. :shake:

Chief_For_Life58
02-25-2015, 06:31 PM

Id do it for winston

milkman
02-25-2015, 06:35 PM
NF all but said it

he wants to draft a dam QB ... **** who it is

Hell, i would rather take a chance on Winston, at least he knows how to read a defense.

These spread guys are just usually death. Maybe the most important thing in all of football is having the QB being able to read a defense and they have to learn WHILE playing in the NFL. :shake:

Nice job of quoting completely out of context, dipshit.

Discuss Thrower
02-25-2015, 06:38 PM
Not sure if Mariota is the kind of guy you trade into the top 10 for...

Moot point though, he'll get drafted by the Jets and they'll ruin the guy.

If he goes past NY at 6, you have to believe the Rams will get him. If they don't then there's a good chance Cleveland might.

Barring those three scenarios and with Mariota still on the board, Philly will be in a better position to trade up a spot or two to get him.

milkman
02-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Not sure if Mariota is the kind of guy you trade into the top 10 for...

Moot point though, he'll get drafted by the Jets and they'll ruin the guy.

If he goes past NY at 6, you have to believe the Rams will get him. If they don't then there's a good chance Cleveland might.

Barring those three scenarios and with Mariota still on the board, Philly will be in a better position to trade up a spot or two to get him.

Wasn't Chan Gailey hired as the Jets new OC under Todd Bowles?

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Wasn't Chan Gailey hired as the Jets new OC under Todd Bowles?

Yep. They'll probably stick with Geno though.

milkman
02-25-2015, 06:41 PM

New GM, new head coach.

Probably not.

If the Jets draft Marriota, then he might have a real chance with Gailey.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 06:43 PM
New GM, new head coach.

Probably not.

If the Jets draft Marriota, then he might have a real chance with Gailey.

True. But I don't think that they necessarily have to immediately take a QB....especially if they have any questions about Mariota.

SAUTO
02-25-2015, 06:46 PM

Perfect guy to make something out of geno if it's still possible, IMO.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2015, 06:48 PM
Nice job of quoting completely out of context, dipshit.
I didn't quote anything out of context, jackass

I just eliminated the stuff about other QBs

Here is the entire quote ... same fucking thing as the abbreviated one.

Marriota has as much a chance of being the next Alex Smith as he does of being the next Aaron Rodgers.I wouldn't care - it would signal a clear-cut change in Chiefs culture towards a winning one, imo.same fucking thing as the abbreviated one.
NF doesn't care who we draft as long as the Chief prove they are willing to do it

Nightfyre
02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
The biggest thing that hurt Smiths career was the shoulder injury. His arm went from above average to mediocre.

Chief Roundup
02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Chan Gailey is an OC that we have seen make chicken salad out of chicken shit. The thing about Gailey is he can, does and will change his offense to fit whatever the personnel he has does best. There are far too many OC that won't or can't change their scheme.
Gailey may not be good enough to ever design the best Offense in the league, but as an OC he can maximize what he is given to work with over a lot of other coordinators.

milkman
02-25-2015, 06:51 PM

Here is the entire quote ... same ****ing thing as the abbreviated one.

same ****ing thing as the abbreviated one.

NF doesn't care who we draft as long as the Chief prove they are willing to do it

You're a fucking moron.

He is saying he wouldn't care about the cost of trading up to get Marriota.

Chiefaholic
02-25-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm so excited for the draft........once again

I'm sure your mother is proud of you.... Somebody has to do it.

temper11
02-25-2015, 06:53 PM

Here is the entire quote ... same ****ing thing as the abbreviated one.

same ****ing thing as the abbreviated one.

Not really trying to jump in the middle of a fight here, but I've seen this thought many many many times in CP. Just the symbolic act of picking a QB in round 1 - regardless of who it was. I'm not sure what people in KC want more... a round 1 QB or a playoff win.

Before tearing my head off, please see my disclaimer below. :)

Nightfyre
02-25-2015, 06:53 PM
NF all but said it

he wants to draft a dam QB ... **** who it is

I happen to like Mariota a good deal. I indicated I wouldn't mind the cost to move up to two. Thus far, your understanding of context is about as good as your football acumen.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2015, 06:57 PM
You're a fucking moron.

He is saying he wouldn't care about the cost of trading up to get Marriota.
You are an idiot or a douche, maybe an idiot douche

He was responding to your statement that Marriota has just as much chance to be Smith as Rodgers and that it might not be worth trading up for etc,etc

That's why i abbreviate the first quote, so your inbred ass might actually understand the concept.

NF doesn't care whether Marriota sucks as long as the chiefs show they are going to 'go for it'.

why do i bother trying to talk to such a dick. It's pointless. :shake:

Nightfyre
02-25-2015, 06:59 PM

He was responding to your statement that Marriota has just as much chance to be Smith as Rodgers and that it might not be worth trading up for etc,etc

That's why i abbreviate the first quote, so your inbred ass might actually understand the concept.

NF doesn't care whether Marriota sucks as long as the chiefs show they are going to 'go for it'.

I think you suck at reading comprehension.

milkman

LMAO

Holy shit.

I apologize to all the morons.

You clearly can only hope to achieve their level of inteligience.

suzzer99

I'll gladly take those odds.

Chief Roundup
02-25-2015, 07:09 PM
I indicated I wouldn't mind the cost to move up to two.

Are you sure?
The Redskins gave up 3-1sts and a 2cd to move from 6 to 2. I hate to think of what it might cost us to move up from 18 to 2. I don't see where that would be the way to go.

Meatloaf
02-25-2015, 07:13 PM

Milk, curious why you apparently like Petty better than Hundley. Maybe, being from California, you've seen more of Hundley and saw something that you don't like? Seems to me that most ratings have Hundley rated a shade better than Petty?

MotherfuckerJones
02-25-2015, 07:15 PM
I'd rather have Maclin personally.

The Franchise
02-25-2015, 07:18 PM
I think you suck at reading comprehension.

LMAO

O.city
02-25-2015, 07:20 PM
To go from 18 to 2 would cost a shit ton of picks.

Trading up hasn't generally worked for anyone.

milkman
02-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Milk, curious why you apparently like Petty better than Hundley. Maybe, being from California, you've seen more of Hundley and saw something that you don't like? Seems to me that most ratings have Hundley rated a shade better than Petty?

Like his size better, and Hundley, like a lot of the athletic QBs that come out of the spread, might rely too much on that athletic ability, and stunt his development as a pocket passer.

Ceej
02-25-2015, 07:31 PM
ROFL

We should go after MJD. He's still soooooo good because you said so last year.

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2015, 07:42 PM
To go from 18 to 2 would cost a shit ton of picks.

Trading up hasn't generally worked for anyone.
Washington picks at number five and they're in desperate need of a talent infusion.

I think they'd take a lot less than what than gave up for RGIII.

BossChief
02-25-2015, 07:46 PM
2015, 2016 and 2017 first rounders at a minimum. Probably add in a 2nd rounder or two as well.its not always done by the book.

"Something is worth what one man is willing to sell it for and one man is willing to pay."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=4100078
"When Mark was available at No. 5, we did what was in the best interest of the New York Jets," general manager Mike Tannenbaum said.

The Jets acquired the pick from Cleveland and former coach Eric Mangini for their first-round pick, their second-round (No. 52), and defensive end Kenyon Coleman, safety Abram Elam and quarterback Brett Ratliff. It turned out to be the Jets' only pick of day, but it was a biggie.

penbrook
02-25-2015, 07:47 PM
I'd rather have Maclin personally.

Your wish might actually come true. Eagles aren't likely to re sign him. He recently switched agents. He doesn't want to be in Philly. He wants to come home!!

O.city
02-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Washington picks at number five and they're in desperate need of a talent infusion.

I think they'd take a lot less than what than gave up for RGIII.

At 5 though they can get a blue chip prospect. To go from 18 to 5 would be expensive to get them go give that up

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2015, 07:53 PM
Your wish might actually come true. Eagles aren't likely to re sign him. He recently switched agents. He doesn't want to be in Philly. He wants to come home!!

This is the first time hearing about not wanting to play in Philly.

O.city
02-25-2015, 07:56 PM

To play for the rams?

Ragged Robin
02-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Tory Smith with Flacco, a big armed QB, is a 2nd tier receiver.

With Alex Smith, he'd be almost non-existent.

yeah as if Smith is going to be throwing 9 routes to him all day.. Dorsey needs to pick up a true #1 and not blow his load on a deep threat

BossChief
The only way I'd trade up is if it was for next years picks. This isn't really the draft to love up in, IMO.

There's a lot of talent in this draft and we need to fill a lot of spots on the roster...but I'm not sure Mariotta is the blow the roof off the building type of player I'd trade up a significant amount for.

mcaj22
Maclin loves Philly and Philly loves Maclin.

if they pay him he stays, its that simple

penbrook
02-25-2015, 08:07 PM
2 NFL players recently left agent Ben Dogra for former partner Tom Condon: Jeremy Maclin & James Laurinaitis.

BossChief
02-25-2015, 08:08 PM
He ran too much.
He has a lanky build.
He doesn't have a very strong arm.

I see some similarities to the RG3 situation when he was going through the draft process, but Robert has a better arm.

Fortunately, it seems Marcus is a lot more humble and that might lead to more long term success. Or maybe not.

penbrook
02-25-2015, 08:09 PM
On Twitter somebody asked Maclin why the Eagles havnt signed him and Maclin tweeted him back but said nothing just left it blank. Hmm

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2015, 08:12 PM
At 5 though they can get a blue chip prospect. To go from 18 to 5 would be expensive to get them go give that up

I guess it depends on how their board is set up.

But regardless, I can't see the Chiefs making that jump but could see them taking Petty in the second.

BigMeatballDave
02-25-2015, 08:13 PM
He ran too much.
He has a lanky build.
He doesn't have a very strong arm.

I see some similarities to the RG3 situation when he was going through the draft process, but Robert has a better arm.

Fortunately, it seems Marcus is a lot more humble and that might lead to more long term success. Or maybe not.

Meh, Peyton never had a very strong arm.

MotherfuckerJones
02-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Ya I think I've seen Maclin prefers to get something done with Philly. Clock is ticking however.

RealSNR
02-25-2015, 08:21 PM
In a thread about the Chiefs losing their starting C, who is by far the best player on their shitass line, somebody posts a dubious "could be" rumor about the Chiefs drafting a QB, and it's like the original topic doesn't even exist.

I'm not blaming us at all. I'm just saying... THAT'S how desperate we are to see our franchise finally grow a pair of testicles.

O.city
02-25-2015, 08:28 PM
I guess it depends on how their board is set up.

But regardless, I can't see the Chiefs making that jump but could see them taking Petty in the second.

I'd probably just pass on the qb spot in this draft All together

penbrook
02-25-2015, 08:31 PM
I'll make a bet that Maclin will become a Chief.

Brock
02-25-2015, 08:32 PM

What is that bet?

BossChief
02-25-2015, 08:42 PM

Name your price.

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2015, 08:43 PM
In a thread about the Chiefs losing their starting C, who is by far the best player on their shitass line, somebody posts a dubious "could be" rumor about the Chiefs drafting a QB, and it's like the original topic doesn't even exist.

I'm not blaming us at all. I'm just saying... THAT'S how desperate we are to see our franchise finally grow a pair of testicles.
If Hudson leaves for $1 million more per year, that would indicate to me that he wants out of KC.

Housing is double the price of KC, which would mean at least double the property tax and state income taxes are higher. The public schools are iffy and privates at $20k or more per year.

He'd be lucky to see an extra $300k per year, if that.

RealSNR
02-25-2015, 08:49 PM
If Hudson leaves for $1 million more per year, that would indicate to me that he wants out of KC.

Housing is double the price of KC, which would mean at least double the property tax and state income taxes are higher. The public schools are iffy and privates at $20k or more per year.

I don't know why he'd want to leave. He was close to signing an extension during the season according to the rumor scuttlebutt posted in this thread.

I'm pretty sure it's all about money if this rumor is true. And from what you posted, Oakland doesn't sound like a smart option at all for him.

What this all adds up to, in my opinion, is that this Oakland rumor is a heaping pile of bullshit.

penbrook
02-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Name your price.

Whoever loses will have to leave CP forever

Discuss Thrower
02-25-2015, 08:53 PM

Or he thinks he has a better chance of winning a ring with Oakland.. Take that for whatever you think that's worth.

Brock
02-25-2015, 08:56 PM

Here is the entire quote ... same fucking thing as the abbreviated one.

same fucking thing as the abbreviated one.

LMAO durrr

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2015, 08:57 PM
My Alex entertainment will reach new heights!

MotherfuckerJones
02-25-2015, 09:01 PM
I don't know why he'd want to leave. He was close to signing an extension during the season according to the rumor scuttlebutt posted in this thread.

I'm pretty sure it's all about money if this rumor is true. And from what you posted, Oakland doesn't sound like a smart option at all for him.

What this all adds up to, in my opinion, is that this Oakland rumor is a heaping pile of bullshit.

Oakland rumor seems to be floated by his camp (IMO) to get the Chiefs price to come up. Why on earth he'd leave KC for oakland is mind boggling. I get the whole money perspective.

MotherfuckerJones
02-25-2015, 09:02 PM

Steep price.

Brock
02-25-2015, 09:05 PM

That is of no value at all.

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2015, 09:06 PM

I agree.

The city of Oakland is a complete dump, as is the stadium. But the East Bay, which includes Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill and San Ramon are very nice and very "Johnson County" like, but with much milder weather.

But as I mentioned, the $1 million dollar difference is negligible when it's all said and done, which is just one more reason this rumor doesn't make sense.

Plus, he was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama, attended Florida State and spent the last few years in KC. Moving to Oakland seems odd.

penbrook
02-25-2015, 09:14 PM
That is of no value at all.

There is. I'm sure tons of people on here would want to see me gone

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2015, 09:15 PM

Link?

Brock
02-25-2015, 09:18 PM

I see. Who are you again?

mcaj22
02-25-2015, 09:20 PM
doesn't Oakland have Wisniewski at Center? so they are going to pay Rodney Hudson 7 million to play what? backup center? guard? Guard would be funny, considering he didn't try guard on the guard needy Chiefs.

Urc Burry
02-25-2015, 09:24 PM
I would guess that Hudson is using Oakland as leverage. I think he'll stay a chief

milkman
02-25-2015, 10:10 PM

I highly doubt that.

You don't link anything, but other than that, you are about as memorable as a moth in the light fixture.

Beef Supreme
02-25-2015, 10:10 PM

Or it could just be like the Browns, drafting shitty QB after shitty QB with no end in sight.

MotherfuckerJones
02-25-2015, 10:15 PM
doesn't Oakland have Wisniewski at Center? so they are going to pay Rodney Hudson 7 million to play what? backup center? guard? Guard would be funny, considering he didn't try guard on the guard needy Chiefs.

Oaklands center is a free agent also

mcaj22
02-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Oaklands center is a free agent also

That explains it. Apparently he wasn't good last year and they want to upgrade

Just Passin' By
02-25-2015, 11:08 PM
Are you sure?
The Redskins gave up 3-1sts and a 2cd to move from 6 to 2. I hate to think of what it might cost us to move up from 18 to 2. I don't see where that would be the way to go.

The Redskins got screwed, though, with the huge cap penalty handed to them. Combined with the trade, it left that team seriously handicapped in its attempts to field a competitive team around Griffin.

I don't think Reid will make the move but, if he did, the Chiefs would be in much better position to work around the loss of the draft picks than were the Redskins.

RealSNR
02-25-2015, 11:41 PM
Or it could just be like the Browns, drafting shitty QB after shitty QB with no end in sight.

Go get raped by a 400-lb man, please.

Buehler445
02-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Probably not.

By the time the pro days are over, and the draft rolls around, I expect both he and Hundley to be 2nd rounders.

I thought Petty looked as fluid, or more, with his foot work in the QB drills as Marriota in the combines.

I was all about drafting petty in the first. But the concussion thing has me spooked some. I definitely wouldn't bitch if they picked him up in the second. Unless they didn't sit him. They need to sit him.

Saccopoo
02-26-2015, 12:55 AM

http://img.pandawhale.com/71198-jeremiah-johnson-light-saber-g-14Wm.gif

Saccopoo
02-26-2015, 12:59 AM
Probably not.

As much as I hated Hundley during the regular college season, I keep jacking myself thinking he's going to be there in the fifth for the Chiefs.

He's a couple solid learning seasons away from being kickass IMO. (With the right coach/system.)

jd1020
02-26-2015, 02:00 AM

Like the Chiefs wouldnt be in need of a Center if Hudson moved to guard?

I guess it's a good thing that the Chiefs have a ton of picks this year since they are probably cutting every starting WR in a single offseason and struggling to get a deal done with Hudson. Nothing says protecting that fragile bitch QB like a rookie line and WR's.

Fucking cut DJ and get this shit done already. Love DJ all you want but he's not apart of the future.

MahiMike
02-26-2015, 07:14 AM
No way this is true.

Rausch
02-26-2015, 08:13 AM
I was all about drafting petty in the first. But the concussion thing has me spooked some. I definitely wouldn't bitch if they picked him up in the second. Unless they didn't sit him. They need to sit him.

I love his arm. I'd love to see him sit behind smith and learn.

Even if we keep Chase we could cut the other two turds we're "developing" and have a QB with legit NFL talent maturing slowly...

O.city
02-26-2015, 09:03 AM
Petty doesn't have an nfl arm. He's a ways away from being an nfl Qb

Rausch
02-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Petty doesn't have an nfl arm.

You're insane...

O.city
02-26-2015, 09:09 AM
Probably exaggeration, so let's say it's an average nfl arm

O.city
02-26-2015, 09:11 AM
But everywhere I can find has him projected in the 4-6 round, so if that's the case sure

Reerun_KC
02-26-2015, 09:13 AM
As much as I hated Hundley during the regular college season, I keep jacking myself thinking he's going to be there in the fifth for the Chiefs.

He's a couple solid learning seasons away from being kickass IMO. (With the right coach/system.)

Can he learn how to dump off and execute Reids garbage horizontal offense?

IF so, he might be the next Alex Smith to lead the Chuefs...

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 09:13 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/71198-jeremiah-johnson-light-saber-g-14Wm.gif

Oh I see I can't post gay star shit gifs but you can.

Hypocrite.

MotherfuckerJones
02-26-2015, 09:57 AM
QBs get vaulted up boards simply because they're QBs. But I doubt Petty goes in round 2.

The Franchise
02-26-2015, 10:49 AM
You know it's coming.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a> are releasing long-time G Todd Herremans, as <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl">@caplannfl</a> said. Injured last year, fine now. Will generate some interest.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/570986338855489536">February 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Beef Supreme
02-26-2015, 10:52 AM
At least now we are getting the Eagles and Packers cast-offs instead of the Browns.

BossChief
02-26-2015, 10:58 AM
I'd rather sign a FA guard that knows the system than draft one high.

O.city
02-26-2015, 11:27 AM
You know it's coming.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a> are releasing long-time G Todd Herremans, as <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl">@caplannfl</a> said. Injured last year, fine now. Will generate some interest.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/570986338855489536">February 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

He'd be a great pickup. Can play all 4 spots on the line, he's a tough bastard, and he's good.

2nd best guard on the market from what's being said on twitter.

Signhim up

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 11:31 AM

This. Save the OL selections for 3rd rd or later.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 12:09 PM
A 32 year old broke dick isn't going to fix the o-line. I'd like to see them take an o-lineman in the 2nd round.

MotherfuckerJones
02-26-2015, 12:10 PM
No thanks. He's cut for a reason. Build a line the right way.

O.city
02-26-2015, 12:11 PM
A 32 year old broke dick isn't going to fix the o-line. I'd like to see them take an o-lineman in the 2nd round.

He had a bicep tear, thag he intially played thru, and is ok now.

He'd immediately upgrade the rg spot And he's versatile.

one of the top free agent guards, familiar with the system, dint see why it wouldn't be a good signing

Rausch
02-26-2015, 12:11 PM
A 32 year old broke dick isn't going to fix the o-line.

They can for a year or two so we don't have to try and fill 3 spots in one draft...

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 12:15 PM

Haven't we wasted enough 2nd round picks lately?

3rd or later.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Haven't we wasted enough 2nd round picks lately?

3rd or later.

This regime hasn't made a 2nd pick yet and you can't judge based on previous GM's.

O.city
02-26-2015, 12:23 PM
If the top 3 wrs arr gone, I wouldn't be upset with a dl or cb in the first round, wr in the 2nd, and on

mcaj22
02-26-2015, 12:24 PM
we are going to end up with AJ Hawk and Todd Herramans arent we

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 12:24 PM
This regime hasn't made a 2nd pick yet and you can't judge based on previous GM's.

The 2 best guards this franchise ever had was a 3rd Rd pick and undrafted.

nychief
02-26-2015, 12:25 PM
I love the ethos of both complaining about offensive line play AND drafting offensive linemen.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 12:27 PM

This team needs a LT, 2 Guards, and a RT.

Beef Supreme
02-26-2015, 12:29 PM
I love the ethos of both complaining about offensive line play AND drafting offensive linemen.

Considering the number of offensive linemen we have drafted in the past few years, and how terribly they have panned out, it's not surprising to hear people complaining about both.

nychief
02-26-2015, 12:31 PM

Yeah! And the best quarterback of all time was a 6th end pick, so we should only draft QBs in then.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 12:32 PM
we are going to end up with AJ Hawk and Todd Herramans arent we

I wouldn't mind AJ Hawk can't be any worse than Akeem Jordan and Joe Mays.

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 12:33 PM
This team needs a LT, 2 Guards, and a RT.

We MAY need a LT. I'll give that another season.

If you're throwing in the towel on Fisher after 2 seasons, you're not smart.

O.city

He's worse than josh mauga. He's basically a name at this point.

BigMeatballDave
Yeah! And the best quarterback of all time was a 6th end pick, so we should only draft QBs in then.

WTF are you talking about?

O.city
02-26-2015, 12:35 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Your statement that because the best chiefs ol were late round picks they should only spend late picks on those players.

It wasn't a good statement

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Your statement that because the best chiefs ol were late round picks they should only spend late picks on those players.

It wasn't a good statement

Point is, its not necessary to draft OL high.

It's just not.

And 3rd round isn't late.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-26-2015, 12:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chiefs will be releasing TE Anthony Fasano later today, source says. Still a productive vet (4 TDs in &#39;14) — but salary cap casualty for KC.</p>&mdash; Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/571016651375845376">February 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

O.city
02-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Point is, its not necessary to draft OL high.

It's just not.

No.

Point is, draft good players high, no matter the position

hometeam
02-26-2015, 12:43 PM
FATSANO going to be cut

Buehler445
02-26-2015, 12:45 PM

This x18 trillion.

We need to draft good ones, but we need 2. And a RT. And a C if Hudson is out. They can't all be drafted this.

Chief Roundup
02-26-2015, 12:47 PM
They can for a year or two so we don't have to try and fill 3 spots in one draft...

We need a LG. If we get a LG then Allen can be moved to either RG or RT.
Last season IIRC our OL ranked in the mid to low 20's. The OL doesn't have to be the best. If the OL could improve to just the middle teens that should be a good enough.

Brock
02-26-2015, 12:58 PM
We need a LG. If we get a LG then Allen can be moved to either RG or RT.
Last season IIRC our OL ranked in the mid to low 20's. The OL doesn't have to be the best. If the OL could improve to just the middle teens that should be a good enough.

I tink the chiefs ol will have to be the best in the league if we want to stop hearing excuses for the qb.

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 01:19 PM

Neither will a rookie.

We need IMMEDIATE improvement on the offensive line, not improvement 3 years from now. I'd rather not wait for another Jeff Allen or Donald Stephenson to develop while we get poor play from them and fans continue to say, "Our OL sucks! Draft moar OL!" as if that's not what we've been fucking doing this entire time.

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 01:22 PM
No.

Point is, draft good players high, no matter the position

Cool. So 1st rd OL every year?

Cue True Fan gif...

Iconic
02-26-2015, 01:23 PM

If the Bills release Spikes, which I think they will, that would be who we should target if Dorsey doesn't draft a ILB this year.

Mays just needs to GTFO. Bad signing from the get go.

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 01:29 PM
And FUCK drafting one in the first round.

Chance Warmack, Johnathan Cooper, and Danny Watkins are proof enough that simply because you take a guard in the first round doesn't mean he's going to be your solution to your interior offensive line woes.

And as inconsistent as Zach Fulton was at RG, he played MUCH better than either Jon Asamoah or Jeff Allen did in their rookie seasons. A 6th rounder outplaying a 3rd and 2nd rounder who both had outstanding draft credentials.

Fuck that shit. Sign some veterans, draft some more depth, and hope someone like LDT or one of the rookies pans out for the longterm.

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 01:33 PM

Chance Warmack, Johnathan Cooper, and Danny Watkins are proof enough that simply because you take a guard in the first round doesn't mean he's going to be your solution to your interior offensive line woes.

And as inconsistent as Zach Fulton was at RG, he played MUCH better than either Jon Asamoah or Jeff Allen did in their rookie seasons. A 6th rounder outplaying a 3rd and 2nd rounder who both had outstanding draft credentials.

Fuck that shit. Sign some veterans, draft some more depth, and hope someone like LDT or one of the rookies pans out for the longterm.

:thumb:

Nightfyre
02-26-2015, 01:34 PM
And **** drafting one in the first round.

**** that shit. Sign some veterans, draft some more depth, and hope someone like LDT or one of the rookies pans out for the longterm.

I will authorize one offensive lineman in the first round, and only if we trade back: Cameron Erving. I say that because he can probably play anywhere on the line and that provides the coaching staff the flexibility and opportunity to move people around in the event of injury.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 01:35 PM
Neither will a rookie.

We need IMMEDIATE improvement on the offensive line, not improvement 3 years from now. I'd rather not wait for another Jeff Allen or Donald Stephenson to develop while we get poor play from them and fans continue to say, "Our OL sucks! Draft moar OL!" as if that's not what we've been ****ing doing this entire time.

A rookie can make an impact this is a ridiculous statement.

Discuss Thrower
02-26-2015, 01:38 PM

http://replygif.net/i/163.gif

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Cool. So 1st rd OL every year?

Cue True Fan gif...

Look around the league at consistent playoff teams and you'll find multiple first round offensive lineman selections.

I'm not advocating that the Chiefs take an offensive lineman in the first this year (actually, far from that) but it's incorrect to state that first round offensive lineman aren't necessary.

saphojunkie
02-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Trade down. Get extra picks. They're all lottery tickets anyway.

Titty Meat
Look around the league at consistent playoff teams and you'll find multiple first round offensive lineman selections.

I'm not advocating that the Chiefs take an offensive lineman in the first this year (actually, far from that) but it's incorrect to state that first round offensive lineman aren't necessary.

NO MORE LINEMEN MORE GENO SMITHS PLEASE

RealSNR
A rookie can make an impact this is a ridiculous statement.

Until you draft the rookie and say, "Mission accomplished!" and he ends up being just as shitty as Asamoah, Allen, and Stephenson.

Andy Reid will ALWAYS draft offensive linemen. We don't need longterm success. What we need is IMMEDIATE success from that position. Signing a cheap vet is the perfect solution.

ChiefsCountry
02-26-2015, 01:42 PM
I tink the chiefs ol will have to be the best in the league if we want to stop hearing excuses for the qb.

You could have Anthony Munoz, John Hannah, Mike Webster, Will Shields, and Orlando Pace blocking for Alex Smith and he would still be a shitty QB.

Buehler445
02-26-2015, 01:43 PM

This. A fucking LOT.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 01:45 PM
Until you draft the rookie and say, "Mission accomplished!" and he ends up being just as shitty as Asamoah, Allen, and Stephenson.

Andy Reid will ALWAYS draft offensive linemen. We don't need longterm success. What we need is IMMEDIATE success from that position. Signing a cheap vet is the perfect solution.

All the guys you mentioned were drafted by the previous regime.

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 01:48 PM
NO MORE LINEMEN MORE GENO SMITHS PLEASE

This isn't about QBs, you fucking mouth-breathing numbskull.

Our problem at OL is that we have no clue what's here. The only thing we know is there's a giant vagina-shaped hole at LG. Fisher and Fulton are incomplete players who we can pretty much automatically pencil back in as starters. We've got a guy who played well at RT in Ryan Harris, but he's a free agent. Donald Stephenson is a giant question mark, since he played very well in 2013 but then turned into a piece of crap the next year. Our starting C is also a free agent, and the only thing backing him up is Kush, who may as well be crowned the next Rishaw Johnson.

It's not that everybody sucks, it's that we're STILL WAITING on all the young guys we already drafted, because they've either shown promise at some point or because the coaching staff really likes them. Guess what we don't have?

Experienced linemen who have a consistent record of not getting their own shit pushed in.

We could really use one of those. The absolute LAST thing we need on this offensive line is more question marks. Not until we get some answers out of the guys who are currently here.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 01:50 PM
This isn't about QBs, you ****ing mouth-breathing numbskull.

Our problem at OL is that we have no clue what's here. The only thing we know is there's a giant vagina-shaped hole at LG. Fisher and Fulton are incomplete players who we can pretty much automatically pencil back in as starters. We've got a guy who played well at RT in Ryan Harris, but he's a free agent. Donald Stephenson is a giant question mark, since he played very well in 2013 but then turned into a piece of crap the next year. Our starting C is also a free agent, and the only thing backing him up is Kush, who may as well be crowned the next Rishaw Johnson.

It's not that everybody sucks, it's that we're STILL WAITING on all the young guys we already drafted, because they've either shown promise at some point or because the coaching staff really likes them. Guess what we don't have?

Experienced linemen who have a consistent record of not getting their own shit pushed in.

We could really use one of those. The absolute LAST thing we need on this offensive line is more question marks. Not until we get some answers out of the guys who are currently here.

We have no clue what's here? Did you bother watching the games last year or did you spend the entire season being a drama queen on here?

Discuss Thrower
02-26-2015, 01:53 PM
All the guys you mentioned were drafted by the previous regime.

Most draft picks fail out of the league in short order.

Why you'd rather take the chance on a lineman not failing when there's a bigger reward of a WR, TE or safety not busting is beyond me.

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 02:01 PM
We have no clue what's here? Did you bother watching the games last year or did you spend the entire season being a drama queen on here?

70% of the offensive line problems came from the LG spot. That's how bad it was. OBVIOUSLY we need to do something about that.

LT and RG were inconsistent, but we're NOT fucking drafting Fisher's replacement when he showed good improvement considering the enormous dumpster fire he was playing next to. Same goes for Fulton. And RT was fine last year. If we can re-sign Ryan Harris for very cheap, then we only need to find a swing tackle.

Even if you think I'm being sunny about what's here on the offensive line, you're going to replace all those guys with.... what? Rookies? That's four fucking positions being replaced with all first-year players by GM Billay.

So it looks like we DO actually need veterans like Todd Herremens, don't we?

Nightfyre
02-26-2015, 02:03 PM
Problem areas on the offensive line, in order of worst to best:

LG

RT

RG
LT

C

This chart is scientific, yo.

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 02:09 PM
Given our resources, are you really going to bitch about something like this, Billay?

LT- Fisher, LDT/Stephenson/rookie swing tackle
LG- Herremens/Allen, LDT/late round rookie
C- Hudson (hopefully), Kush
RG- Fulton/Herremens
RT- Stephenson/Allen/Harris, rookie swing tackle

We draft 2 OL players with our 12 billion picks, which is more than enough. We look for one of them to be an OT, possibly drafted possibly as high as the first three rounds (if L'ael Collins falls to us at 18, I really wouldn't mind his selection, actually). The other guy is just some interior dude we like in the 4th-7th round. By doing just those two things and signing a veteran to replace the immediate hole and provide insurance incase Jeff Allen is still AIDS, our offensive line will be GREATLY improved this year, and hopefully one of those fliers we took a stab on since Dorsey got here is really good.

Nightfyre
02-26-2015, 02:11 PM
My money is on Stephenson getting cut, probably during training camp.

Direckshun
02-26-2015, 02:12 PM
I have the same money on the same thing.

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 02:14 PM
My money is on Stephenson getting cut, probably during training camp.

If he gets cut it's ONLY because somebody played better than him in training camp. And I seriously doubt that even given his last year, that won't happen. We've seen him be a much better player than what he was last year. Something fucked him up related to that suspension, but whatever it is, he's got an entire offseason to correct it and put it behind him.

He's too cheap to not have on this roster.

Nightfyre
02-26-2015, 02:19 PM
If he gets cut it's ONLY because somebody played better than him in training camp. And I seriously doubt that even given his last year, that won't happen. We've seen him be a much better player than what he was last year. Something ****ed him up related to that suspension, but whatever it is, he's got an entire offseason to correct it and put it behind him.

He's too cheap to not have on this roster.

He has been a goddamned moron on twitter and reportedly gotten into the Dorsey/Reid doghouse. He is absolutely cut-able if he is more headache than he is worth.

Just Passin' By
02-26-2015, 02:35 PM
70% of the offensive line problems came from the LG spot. That's how bad it was. OBVIOUSLY we need to do something about that.

LT and RG were inconsistent, but we're NOT ****ing drafting Fisher's replacement when he showed good improvement considering the enormous dumpster fire he was playing next to. Same goes for Fulton. And RT was fine last year. If we can re-sign Ryan Harris for very cheap, then we only need to find a swing tackle.

Even if you think I'm being sunny about what's here on the offensive line, you're going to replace all those guys with.... what? Rookies? That's four ****ing positions being replaced with all first-year players by GM Billay.

So it looks like we DO actually need veterans like Todd Herremens, don't we?

Herremans' been in decline for years, and he's worse against the pass than against the run. You may want a veteran, but I don't think you want him.

Baby Lee
02-26-2015, 02:37 PM

I 'tink' we should at least start with an OL that isn't a runny shit on sun drenched pavement

The Franchise
02-26-2015, 02:37 PM
I'll take Clint Boling.

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 02:41 PM
Herremans' been in decline for years, and he's worse against the pass than against the run. You may want a veteran, but I don't think you want him.

Unless we're going to pay out the ass for Orlando Franklin or one of the top guys on the market, we may as well stock up on cheap guys like Herremens or Marshall Newhouse who have either been on the decline or have proven that they're just depth.

Ideally we're going to have Jeff Allen playing well at either LG or RT. But in case he can't hack it coming back from his injury, we would have some insurance in experienced guys whose careers were more significant than the flaming bags of AIDS known as Jeff Linkenbach and Mike McGlynn.

Just Passin' By
02-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Dallas finally becomes relevant again, after retooling the offensive line with high draft picks, including 3 of their last 4 first round picks, which allowed for a monster running game and their QB to make just 435 passes on the way to a 12 win season and an actual playoff win.

Chiefsplanet reaction: No taking offensive line with high draft picks!

LMAO

Chiefsplanet delivers.

Just Passin' By
02-26-2015, 02:44 PM
Unless we're going to pay out the ass for Orlando Franklin or one of the top guys on the market, we may as well stock up on cheap guys like Herremens or Marshall Newhouse who have either been on the decline or have proven that they're just depth.

Ideally we're going to have Jeff Allen playing well at either LG or RT. But in case he can't hack it coming back from his injury, we would have some insurance in experienced guys whose careers were more significant than the flaming bags of AIDS known as Jeff Linkenbach and Mike McGlynn.

I'm not arguing against the general notion of older veterans. I'm just not sure of this particular (Herremans) player as a good fit for the Chiefs.

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Dallas finally becomes relevant again, after retooling the offensive line with high draft picks, including 3 of their last 4 first round picks, which allowed for a monster running game and their QB to make just 435 passes on the way to a 12 win season and an actual playoff win.

LMAO

Chiefsplanet delivers.

Other than blowing their wad on Zack Martin, what have the Cowboys done on the offensive line draftwise that the Chiefs haven't?

Travis Frederick and Rodney Hudson were both 2nd round picks. Doug Free was a 4th round pick that they just sort of had laying around from 8 years ago. He wasn't highly invested at all any more than the Chiefs have taken random shots in the dark at offensive line prospects in those same 8 years. Ronald Leary was undrafted two years ago and had to earn his starter status in training camp in 2014 even after starting all 16 games in 2013.

And Eric Fisher was the #1 overall pick. You can't invest any higher in a player through the draft. It's impossible.

Zack Martin could cure cancer and I STILL wouldn't draft him in the first round. He's a fucking guard. And that's the only thing separating the investment level between the Chiefs and Cowboys.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2015, 02:58 PM
I like the idea of Clint Boling or Orlando Franklin much more than Herremen because the Chiefs would just be delaying the inevitable.

Just Passin' By
02-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Other than blowing their wad on Zack Martin, what have the Cowboys done on the offensive line draftwise that the Chiefs haven't?

Travis Frederick and Rodney Hudson were both 2nd round picks. Doug Free was a 4th round pick that they just sort of had laying around from 8 years ago. He wasn't highly invested at all any more than the Chiefs have taken random shots in the dark at offensive line prospects in those same 8 years. Ronald Leary was undrafted two years ago and had to earn his starter status in training camp in 2014 even after starting all 16 games in 2013.

And Eric Fisher was the #1 overall pick. You can't invest any higher in a player through the draft. It's impossible.

Zack Martin could cure cancer and I STILL wouldn't draft him in the first round. He's a ****ing guard. And that's the only thing separating the investment level between the Chiefs and Cowboys.

Martin, Frederick and Smith are all first round picks

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2015, 03:00 PM

Zack Martin could cure cancer and I STILL wouldn't draft him in the first round. He's a fucking guard. And that's the only thing separating the investment level between the Chiefs and Cowboys.

Fredericks, Martin and Tyron Smith were all first rounders

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Martin, Frederick and Smith are all first round picks

Fisher cancels out Smith. And Hudson isn't far from Fredericks 1st rounder and was basically drafted with the same intent in mind.

Discuss Thrower
02-26-2015, 03:14 PM
So is the intent to make a team capable of winning the playoffs 2-3 years down the line or right now?

Just Passin' By
02-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Fisher cancels out Smith. And Hudson isn't far from Fredericks 1st rounder and was basically drafted with the same intent in mind.

Nobody cancels out anyone. The point is that crying about possibly doing what turned the Cowboys around is really fucking stupid, when the Chiefs OL is a major part of the team's problems.

And your argument about Martin is asinine.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 03:28 PM
SNR is talking out of his ass

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 03:30 PM

Maybe, but that's better than licking one...

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Nobody cancels out anyone. The point is that crying about possibly doing what turned the Cowboys around is really fucking stupid, when the Chiefs OL is a major part of the team's problems.

And your argument about Martin is asinine.

You: Cowboys have the blueprint for fixing an OL. Chiefs fans need to shut up and draft that 1st round guard.

Me: The Cowboys blueprint has basically been the Chiefs' blueprint.

You: Arguing about this is stupid

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 04:21 PM

What am I wrong about?

Just Passin' By
02-26-2015, 04:22 PM
You: Cowboys have the blueprint for fixing an OL. Chiefs fans need to shut up and draft that 1st round guard.

Me: The Cowboys blueprint has basically been the Chiefs' blueprint.

You: Arguing about this is stupid

Your first statement is an incorrect assessment of my posts.

Your second statement is an incorrect assessment of the Chiefs "blueprint" compared to that of the Cowboys.

Your third statement is another incorrect assessment of my posts.

So, you got everything wrong. Congrats on that.

Rausch
02-26-2015, 04:25 PM

You are the dumbest fuck to never be banned from this site.

Pray to whatever Mod you prefer and kindly STFU...

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 04:25 PM
You are the dumbest **** to never be banned from this site.

Pray to whatever Mod you prefer and kindly STFU...

Suck my dick bitch

Rausch
02-26-2015, 04:29 PM
While I'm busy hating on Dorsey the one thing we all seem to be ignoring is Reid's willingness to allow the Eagles line to go to complete $#it right before he left.

The same has happened here.

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Your first statement is an incorrect assessment of my posts.

Your second statement is an incorrect assessment of the Chiefs "blueprint" compared to that of the Cowboys.

Your third statement is another incorrect assessment of my posts.

So, you got everything wrong. Congrats on that.

Pretty much the only thing the chiefs haven't done that the cowboys have when it comes to OL and the draft is spend a 1st on a guard.

I pointed this out and you said it doesn't matter.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 04:31 PM
What am I wrong about?

I'll say this if they pass up on DGB for an offensive lineman I'll be pissed.

If the options are Smith, Funchess, Strong, or Wayans and they draft a guy like Collins or Peat I wouldn't be pissed.

They have nothing outside of Hudson on that line. They absolutely need more lineman.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-26-2015, 04:32 PM
You could have Anthony Munoz, John Hannah, Mike Webster, Will Shields, and Orlando Pace blocking for Alex Smith and he would still be a shitty QB.

John Hanna would just stand there and yell Jupiter's cock at the other team

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 04:35 PM
John Hanna would just stand there and yell Jupiter's cock at the other team

LMAO What?

Rausch
02-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Suck my dick bitch

You suck my d!(k you underhanded-half-whit.

You run a business like a NAZI, treat people on here like they're below you, and have the football takes of a Cuban kid lucky to have Madden 2004 wash up on the shore.

The only thing more ****'n stupid than your football takes is the idea that if you post more of them you can somehow brow-beat the n00bs to ****ing thinking you know something.

You don't.

You could spend 48 hours in Demonpenz shower and still never muster up the the clever it takes to make your idiotic posts ironic or in any way humorous.

Just Passin' By
02-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Pretty much the only thing the chiefs haven't done that the cowboys have when it comes to OL and the draft is spend a 1st on a guard.

I pointed this out and you said it doesn't matter.

No, you didn't point it out. You wrongfully asserted. Big difference.

And I didn't say it doesn't matter. I said that nobody cancels out anyone else, and my point was about the idiots complaining about drafting OL high.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 04:43 PM
You suck my d!(k you underhanded-half-whit.

You run a business like NAZI, treat people on here like they're below you, and have the football takes of a Cuban kid lucky to have Madden 2004 wash up on the shore.

The only thing more ****'n stupid than your football takes is the idea that if you post more of them you can somehow brow-beat the n00bs to ****ing thinking you know something.

You don't.

You could spend 48 hours in Demonpenz shower and still never muster up the the clever it takes to make your idiotic posts ironic or in any way humorous.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VfcMJLtUWIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise
02-26-2015, 04:45 PM
IMG tags with a YouTube video.

Rausch
02-26-2015, 04:47 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VfcMJLtUWIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I tried to post a video of how much of a verbal-unich you were but after I put in the IMG tags it wouldn't load.

In58men
02-26-2015, 04:48 PM

LMAO

Chiefsplanet delivers.

Romo > Lil Checky

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 04:51 PM
I tried to post a video of how much of a verbal-unich you were but after I put in the IMG tags it wouldn't load.

I'm in your head Rauschland

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4525281/blow.gif

RealSNR
02-26-2015, 04:53 PM
No, you didn't point it out. You wrongfully asserted. Big difference.

And I didn't say it doesn't matter. I said that nobody cancels out anyone else, and my point was about the idiots complaining about drafting OL high.

The Cowboys spent a 1st and Tyron Smith

The Chiefs spent a 1st on Eric Fisher

When we're tallying up the level of draft investment in the OL of each team, those two players cancel each other out. What would you fucking call it?